PDA

View Full Version : In today's NBA...

UZER
12-15-2017, 11:48 PM
Teams pass up layups for open 3s.

The Spurs pass up open 3s for contested layups.

I hate today's nba 3 point style, but damn Pop still running 4-down over and over with LMA.

sananspursfan21
12-15-2017, 11:49 PM
Back in my day I tell you what...

Arcadian
12-15-2017, 11:53 PM
Whatever. It's still pretty cool that the Spurs are sort of rebelling against the status quo and doing things their own way. If they're going down in flames, at least they're doing it on their own terms.

It's like a suicidal maniac who flicks off a crowd shortly before blasting his own head off. "Fuck society!" <boom>

:lol

Hoops Czar
12-15-2017, 11:54 PM
Every elite team is running the Spurs motion offense except for the Spurs.

duncan2k5
12-15-2017, 11:59 PM

And they're doing it with young players... Not grandpas

TimDunkem
12-16-2017, 12:02 AM
And they're doing it with young players... Not grandpas

It's hard to do when you throw Kawhi out there with nothing but old men, non-athletes, zero playmakers who camp the 3pt line, and a fadeaway jumpshooting big man.

TheGreatYacht
12-16-2017, 12:03 AM
Spurs are starting two 7 footers and run a post-up offense despite not having one good postup player

nyspurguy
12-16-2017, 01:10 AM
It's hard to do when you throw Kawhi out there with nothing but old men, non-athletes, zero playmakers who camp the 3pt line, and a fadeaway jumpshooting big man.

I agree, this team really doesn't have playmakers. Many the closest thing to a playmaker but at this point he's a walking corpse

TimDunkem
12-16-2017, 01:13 AM
I agree, this team really doesn't have playmakers. Many the closest thing to a playmaker but at this point he's a walking corpse
It's both amazing in Manu's case, and completely fucking sad for the Spurs. You can't rely on a 40 year old to go toe-to-toe against the best when it counts. Sometimes, he'll pull a rabbit out of his hat, but those days are few and far between at this stage in his career.

Mikeanaro
12-16-2017, 01:17 AM
It's both amazing in Manu's case, and completely fucking sad for the Spurs. You can't rely on a 40 year old to go toe-to-toe against the best when it counts. Sometimes, he'll pull a rabbit out of his hat, but those days are few and far between at this stage in his career.
PATFO always look scorers and defenders, but after Manu I think the only playmaker was Nando De Culo and he had a bad time in SA, Fathead is too slow to run point.

TimDunkem
12-16-2017, 01:24 AM
PATFO always look scorers and defenders, but after Manu I think the only playmaker was Nando De Culo and he had a bad time in SA, Fathead is too slow to run point.
You need guys who can get to the line, put guys in foul trouble, get the crowd pumped, and slow the game down when teams like GS and the Rockets are running on you.

I'm not going to cry about losing Simmons as he didn't want to be here anymore, but that was one of those underrated things he brought to the team, and gave us a different look when jumpers weren't falling. Kawhi, Manu, and Gay are the only guys on the roster who can do that.

TD 21
12-16-2017, 06:27 PM
For sure, Pop could emphasize cookie cutter, one size fits all style and play a rotation more suited to it . . . but it would only amount to rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. Nothing can mask the fact that Parker and Ginobili haven't been able to fill the roles they need them to for 3+ seasons. Until they get a dynamic PG and unless it happens while Aldridge is still at least borderline prime, they're not going to be contenders.

Slippy
12-16-2017, 08:21 PM

:lol 2 games in . Kawais head of PR in full effect.