PDA

View Full Version : CDC gets list of forbidden words: Fetus, transgender, diversity

ElNono
12-16-2017, 05:37 PM
The Trump administration is prohibiting officials at the nation’s top public health agency from using a list of seven words or phrases — including “fetus” and “transgender” — in official documents being prepared for next year’s budget.

Policy analysts at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta were told of the list of forbidden terms at a meeting Thursday with senior CDC officials who oversee the budget, according to an analyst who took part in the 90-minute briefing. The forbidden terms are “vulnerable,” “entitlement,” “diversity,” “transgender,” “fetus,” “evidence-based” and “science-based.”

In some instances, the analysts were given alternative phrases. Instead of “science-based” or *“evidence-based,” the suggested phrase is “CDC bases its recommendations on science in consideration with community standards and wishes,” the person said. In other cases, no replacement words were immediately offered.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/cdc-gets-list-of-forbidden-words-fetus-transgender-diversity/2017/12/15/f503837a-e1cf-11e7-89e8-edec16379010_story.html

dabom
12-16-2017, 05:40 PM
Fucking flowers brah. :lmao

ElNono
12-16-2017, 05:41 PM
rofl @ banning 'science-based' at the CDC

dabom
12-16-2017, 05:43 PM
rofl @ banning 'science-based' at the CDC

Don't want to hurt his followers dude. They don't know what science means. :lol

koriwhat
12-16-2017, 05:49 PM
Don't want to hurt his followers dude. They don't know what science means. :lol

are you kidding me party of 50 genders?

dabom
12-16-2017, 05:52 PM

I have a don't bully kori clause. :tu

koriwhat
12-16-2017, 05:57 PM
I have a don't bully kori clause. :tu

bully me? lmao! that shit doesn't happen past grade school unless you're a pussy like fuzzy.

pgardn
12-16-2017, 06:17 PM

And what does this have to do with science?

koriwhat
12-16-2017, 06:23 PM
And what does this have to do with science?

exactly.... smh

Spurtacular
12-16-2017, 06:27 PM
Straight out of the Obama/Clinton playbook.

DMC
12-16-2017, 06:27 PM
I'd like to see the explanation for banning these words, especially "fetus".

Maybe they can replace these words with symbols, like Prince did with the "artist formerly known as" symbol. The cell clump formally known as fetus.

That said, everything the CDC issues should be science based, so I don't know how the term would be used except to describe something coming from somewhere else.

pgardn
12-16-2017, 06:36 PM
exactly.... smh

50 genders.

Not allowing the CDC to refer to a fetus as a fetus is just plain stupidity.
It's like a super triggered liberal not wanting you to refer to "it" as a he or she.
Oh, no, don't use personal pronouns with me "buster".
Adult, adolescent, get rid of the dictionary.

DMC
12-16-2017, 06:40 PM
50 genders.

Not allowing the CDC to refer to a fetus as a fetus is just plain stupidity.
It's like a super triggered liberal not wanting you to refer to "it" as a he or she.
Adult, adolescent, get rid of the dictionary.

I have my opinions on it all but I have to wonder what led to this. The CDC isn't innocent in all this. They've got a history of partisanship from the top down that's affected their research. Still, the word banning is a bit Orwellian, assuming that's what it is, based purely on what's been reported thus far.

pgardn
12-16-2017, 06:51 PM
I have my opinions on it all but I have to wonder what led to this. The CDC isn't innocent in all this. They've got a history of partisanship from the top down that's affected their research. Still, the word banning is a bit Orwellian, assuming that's what it is, based purely on what's been reported thus far.

Yeah well of course a bunch of statistical scientists are gonna be a bit jaded dealing with the party that has tried to remove evolution from literature in so many states. And all government agencies are into their self preservation. Just pick the proper battles with them. Many do serve critical functions.

DMC
12-16-2017, 06:55 PM
Yeah well of course a bunch of statistical scientists are gonna be a bit jaded dealing with the party that has tried to remove evolution from literature in so many states. And all government agencies are into their self preservation. Just pick the proper battles with them. Many do serve critical functions.

If you're going to be an activist, consider the ramifications when your target is your boss. Entities like the CDC issue reports that affect policy and public opinion, and those need to be fact based reports that don't just look for facts to support a political agenda. That kind of shit needs to be weeded out and cleansed, but word play isn't the way to do it. Maybe it's just a shot across the bow to warn them that they are not a private firm.

pgardn
12-16-2017, 07:01 PM
If you're going to be an activist, consider the ramifications when your target is your boss.

Actually the target is the boss of some of my friends.
They see waste in the dept., they see underfunding, but more than anything, they see just plain stupid politics getting in the way of trying to carry out a job. Both parties interefere. But this current administration is setting records.

spurraider21
12-16-2017, 07:08 PM
If you're going to be an activist, consider the ramifications when your target is your boss. Entities like the CDC issue reports that affect policy and public opinion, and those need to be fact based reports that don't just look for facts to support a political agenda. That kind of shit needs to be weeded out and cleansed, but word play isn't the way to do it. Maybe it's just a shot across the bow to warn them that they are not a private firm.
agreed but unfortunately that bolded phrase is now banned from use

DMC
12-16-2017, 07:10 PM
Actually the target is the boss of some of my friends.
They see waste in the dept., they see underfunding, but more than anything, they see just plain stupid politics getting in the way of trying to carry out a job. Both parties interefere. But this current administration is setting records.

Fine, work elsewhere. It's under the purview of those interfering.

DMC
agreed but unfortunately that bolded phrase is now banned from use

Another cutesy comment that doesn't add to the discussion.

boutons_deux
These banned words, holy fucking shit, are no doubt from Christian supremacists as they roll out Christian Sharia hate as govt policy.

spurraider21
12-16-2017, 07:12 PM
Romney lost

DMC
12-16-2017, 07:13 PM
Romney lost

I know, I helped him lose.

koriwhat
These banned words, holy fucking shit, are no doubt from Christian supremacists as they roll out Christian Sharia hate as govt policy.

you scared christ 2.0 is coming back or what?

Pavlov
I know, I helped him lose.Cutesy.

Blake
12-16-2017, 07:19 PM

That's rich

DMC
12-16-2017, 07:24 PM
Cutesy.

That's rich

Two loaded, waiting for the others to pile in.

Pavlov
12-16-2017, 07:25 PM
Two loaded, waiting for the others to pile in.Yes, yes. You want men to pile on you.

Figuratively, of course.

"Narrative" incoming.

DMC
12-16-2017, 07:27 PM
Yes, yes. You want men to pile on you.

Figuratively, of course.

"Narrative" incoming.

Respond to me if you want to lick my ballsack.

ElNono
12-16-2017, 07:39 PM

Yah, I'm not one to play the Nazi card lightly, but it's difficult not to draw the ideological parallel, tbh

pgardn
12-16-2017, 11:43 PM
Fine, work elsewhere. It's under the purview of those interfering.

I would rather they stay.
They are too good at what they do.
Or you could have Chris making decisions?
The country needs good people in the right spots. Just gotta elect good people. It's important.

Some have left of course. There is more money in the right private sector job.

DMC
12-16-2017, 11:49 PM
I would rather they stay.
They are too good at what they do.
Or you could have Chris making decisions?
The country needs good people in the right spots. Just gotta elect good people. It's important.

Some have left of course. There is more money in the right private sector job.

I'd rather they stay as well, but they don't work for me. I don't vote these people in, they are hired by people appointed by those we elect.

pgardn
12-16-2017, 11:52 PM
I know, I helped him lose.

You voted in Texas?
So... Don't worry.

pgardn
12-16-2017, 11:53 PM
I'd rather they stay as well, but they don't work for me. I don't vote these people in, they are hired by people appointed by those we elect.

Which I noted in my response.

RandomGuy
12-18-2017, 05:47 PM
The Trump administration is prohibiting officials at the nation’s top public health agency from using a list of seven words or phrases — including “fetus” and “transgender” — in official documents being prepared for next year’s budget.

Policy analysts at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta were told of the list of forbidden terms at a meeting Thursday with senior CDC officials who oversee the budget, according to an analyst who took part in the 90-minute briefing. The forbidden terms are “vulnerable,” “entitlement,” “diversity,” “transgender,” “fetus,” “evidence-based” and “science-based.”

In some instances, the analysts were given alternative phrases. Instead of “science-based” or *“evidence-based,” the suggested phrase is “CDC bases its recommendations on science in consideration with community standards and wishes,” the person said. In other cases, no replacement words were immediately offered.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/cdc-gets-list-of-forbidden-words-fetus-transgender-diversity/2017/12/15/f503837a-e1cf-11e7-89e8-edec16379010_story.html

That was the part that stood out most to me.

When the fuck did the term "evidenced-based" become politically incorrect?

boutons_deux
12-18-2017, 05:50 PM
That was the part that stood out most to me.

When the fuck did the term "evidenced-based" become politically incorrect?

Christian Sharia's "politically correct" dictates only respect the "evidence" of the Bible, as true and unchallengeable cosmology, science, history.

DarrinS
12-18-2017, 10:44 PM
Fake story, tbh

ElNono
12-18-2017, 10:56 PM
Fake story, tbh

Russians, Russians everywhere

DarrinS
12-18-2017, 11:15 PM
Russians, Russians everywhere

Exactly. There are no forbidden words at CDC.

DMC
12-18-2017, 11:19 PM
"“CDC has a long-standing history of making public health and budget decisions that are based on the best available science and data and for the benefit of all people—and we will continue to do so,” she said.

A group of the agency’s policy analysts said senior officials at the CDC informed them about the banned words on Thursday, according to the Post’s report. In some cases, the analysts were reportedly given replacement phrases to use instead.

But in follow-up reporting, The New York Times cited “a few” CDC officials who suggested the move was not meant as an outright ban, but rather, a technique to help secure Republican approval of the 2019 budget by eliminating certain words and phrases. "The CDC will continue to base it's recommendations on science with consideration to community standards and wishes" a Spurstalk poster added"

boutons_deux
12-18-2017, 11:37 PM
Christian Sharia

Ban books

Ban words

Ban kids' yoga

dabom
12-18-2017, 11:42 PM
Christian Sharia

Ban books

Ban words

Ban kids' yoga

Wtf??

DMC
12-19-2017, 12:08 AM
Boots is so far off the reservation he's speaking with a foreign accent.

TeyshaBlue
12-19-2017, 07:46 AM
Christian Sharia

Ban books

Ban words

Ban kids' yoga

Goddamn you're fucking stupid.

boutons_deux
12-19-2017, 08:20 AM
http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2013/september/should-yoga-be-banned-from-public-schools-as-religious-acti.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/03/24/ga-parents-offended-by-the-far-east-religion-of-yoga-get-namaste-banned-from-school/?utm_term=.898cb69ceb89

https://www.csmonitor.com/Books/2012/1003/30-banned-books-that-may-surprise-you/Harriet-the-Spy-by-Louise-Fitzhugh

goddamn, you ignorant assholes are fucking stupid.

and then there's the hugely multi-state-influential TX SBOE, run by Christian Taliban, that fucks up school books with Biblical/political shit.

The entire home schooling movement and (for-profit) Christian madrasas charter schools is based on parents who want to protect their kids from non-Biblical "information" and program them with Biblical crap.