PDA

View Full Version : What does Brandon Paul even do?

FkLA
12-16-2017, 09:41 PM
Is it just me or is he mediocre in every aspect? Cant shoot, can't drive, poor handles, poor athleticism, too short, too slow, and his defense usually just consists of putting his hands straight up.

SpurPadre
12-16-2017, 09:43 PM
He fools senile Spurs fans by telling them he's CP3. That's his role, tbh. He's worse than Gary "can't defend shoeless players" Neal.

TimDunkem
12-16-2017, 09:49 PM
He sometimes draws charges and gets Into passing lanes therefore he's an amazing defender. :lol

Blackjack
12-16-2017, 09:50 PM
I actually like him. Feel like he's someone who will grow into a solid role-player. As long as he stays in Pop's good graces, we'll see him be a solid contributor in the next year or two. Just isn't going to get enough playing time or experience this year, imo.

TheGreatYacht
12-16-2017, 10:06 PM
:lol get in here DAF86 SAGirl Dex raybies bklynspursfan ... forgetting others, will update after game

TheGreatYacht
12-16-2017, 10:08 PM
The same retards that wanted Patty's culture over Kyrie and CP3, told me this bottom of the barrel scrub was better than Simmons :lol

The only thing they have in common is they're 6'5 and darkskin. Shows you how racist these faggots are.

BatManu20
12-16-2017, 10:27 PM
Christ this defense. Making Dallas' scrubs look like All-Stars

Amuseddaysleeper
12-16-2017, 10:32 PM
Spurs have a shitty youth program right now. Not one new player who you could see being an all star down the line under 25.

The front office isn’t even top ten anymore in this current NBA.

hater
12-16-2017, 10:32 PM
Hes as good as delonte murray

TimDunkem
12-16-2017, 10:33 PM
Spurs have a shitty youth program right now. Not one new player who you could see being an all star down the line under 25.

Not working sooner to find adequate replacements for the big 3 is going to bite them in the ass.

Chris
12-16-2017, 10:35 PM
Was shooting lights out to start the season and making good decisions off the dribble. In a small funk right now...non issue imo.

mexicanjunior
12-16-2017, 10:37 PM
Nothing...he is garbage...

ElNono
12-16-2017, 10:40 PM
Better than Porker

Spurtacular
12-16-2017, 11:08 PM
Is it just me or is he mediocre in every aspect? Cant shoot, can't drive, poor handles, poor athleticism, too short, too slow, and his defense usually just consists of putting his hands straight up.

You didn't want a new Gary Neal? :lol

raybies
12-16-2017, 11:13 PM
getting like 3 minutes a game typically. What do you want from the guy lol He's not a microwave player.

TheGreatYacht
12-16-2017, 11:15 PM
This paul is going to surprise a few of you guys.......

Interesting pick up. He's an inch taller than Donovan Mitchell of the Jazz. He's got the same wingspan and almost the same vertical leap.

He could be a better defender than Simmons considering he's got the wingspan of Danny Green.

I think as he continues to get more familiar, he could be a big part of the rotation as the season progresses. Glad Pop was able to see a lot of him this early on. His IQ, defense and of course shooting make him super valuable to this team.

If you look at Paul's physical makeup it matches his mental makeup. He is a young man with the "Rookie" label. His body is physically ready, he is chiseled. He is not some 19-22 year inexperienced kid learning to play professionally, that has to grow up and gain muscle to handle the rigors. He is battle tested and hungry. He has struggled tryin to get to the NBA. He is mature. He wants to stay in the NBA. He could be the X factor for the Spurs.
Hold on, there's more....

I love Simmons athleticism. But BP3 is a better ball handler and overall more consistent player, plus he has beautiful strokes. He could be the backup PG against more athletic teams. Arguably BP3 >> CP3 for the price :toast
^ :lmao

i like paul .he has an NBA rotation player feel and look to him. he has a nice shot, defensive athleticism. work ethic, and a nice degree of physicality. simmons always struck me as a flash in the pan and i always cringed when he took jump shots. when paul takes that jumper, i have more confidence he drains it than i ever did with j simms.

Looks like Dimmons game with a better jump shot. And at a better price.

Based solely on watching one minute of highlights on YT, he looks better than Simmons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUGhuCdUFHg

He looks pretty good. I don't get why Simmons got a shot in the NBA and Paul didn't until now. Again, it's just highlight videos, but he looks good. I always like a guy that can shoot. I think he has a higher ceiling than Simmons.

Spurs may have signed the most useful Paul after all. Certainly per dollar he is.

He's a polished player while Simmons is more raw. I want to see if Paul has the ability to play the PnR cause in today's NBA he would be more dangerous than Simms. He's a much better shooter and apparently passer. But yeah I mentioned something about his lateral quickness in the GT last night. I completely agree. He's tough as nails too. He played in the post against Olynk one possession, guarded Dragic... He's just a tough. Hope he's a Spur for a long time. Just don't know how all these guards factor into the equation cause even White has a great skill set.

That dude is better than Simmons

and the best for last.

Better than Simmons.

We got BP3 for Simmons. Who is a better player for 1/7th of the price.

I would rather have Brandon a.k.a "better than Simmons" Paul.

BP3 > Simmons.

sasaint
12-16-2017, 11:16 PM
I really root for all of our young guys. I hope they all become solid rotation players. :lol But it is way too early to tell about BP3.

raybies
12-16-2017, 11:18 PM

and the best for last.
touche, still find something to bitch about during a win...

I'll stand by what I said. Not gonna bump threads after every game. He's near the end of the bench now. Not even a fair fight.

Blackjack
12-16-2017, 11:21 PM
I wanted to keep Simmons. Great athlete, with some solid skill and he played tough.

I like BP3, too, just not as much upside - on and individual game or career basis.

TheGreatYacht
12-16-2017, 11:23 PM
touche, still find something to bitch about during a win...

I'll stand by what I said. Not gonna bump threads after every game. He's near the end of the bench now. Not even a fair fight.
God I love owning you. It's always so easy.

Paul has been afforded the most opportunities of any first year player since Kawhi in 2011, yet he still can't prove to Pop that he's no more than a scrub who's been cut by 14 teams going on 15 :lol

I never thought I'd see someone say he DOESN'T get the chances, but here we are. I guess we're pulling shit out of our asses when pinned into a corner.

Pop always tries to force him onto the rotation and he fucks it up instantaneously.

Spurtacular
12-16-2017, 11:25 PM
TheGreatYacht

Good find, bro. I'd take Simmons over BP3. Though my original post was a bit tongue n' cheek, tbh.

bic50
12-16-2017, 11:25 PM
Rather had kept Simmons tbh

SpurPadre
12-16-2017, 11:27 PM
Yeah, there's just no justifying Paul at this point. He is an end of the rotation player but he doesn't belong on a contender, tbh.

raybies
12-16-2017, 11:30 PM
God I love owning you. It's always so easy.

Paul has been afforded the most opportunities of any first year player since Kawhi in 2011, yet he still can't prove to Pop that he's no more than a scrub who's been cut by 14 teams going on 15 :lol

I never thought I'd see someone say he DOESN'T get the chances, but here we are. I guess we're pulling shit out of our asses when pinned into a corner.

Pop always tries to force him onto the rotation and he fucks it up instantaneously.
dam son, you crack me up. I bet you been waiting to "own" someone all day.

But to remind you, I said that he's playing 3 minutes a game typically and not that he's not getting chances. Forbes impact on offense and improved defense and the fact that he's been in the system longer gives him the nod. Paul hasn't been hitting the three in awhile. He's shooting himself in the foot. He started the season on fire, but if he continues to play like this I'll concede. I'm not gonna SAGirl for BP3 but I think he'll do better with consistent role and minutes. It's hard to get rhythm which is consistent when you are getting inconsistent minutes. But he's a good prospect. Just needs to hit his shots.

Mikeanaro
12-16-2017, 11:31 PM
He is not Jonathon Simmons, also Im not sure he is 6´4¨.

SpurPadre
12-16-2017, 11:33 PM
dam son, you crack me up. I bet you been waiting to "own" someone all day.

But to remind you, I said that he's playing 3 minutes a game typically and not that he's not getting chances. Forbes impact on offense and improved defense and the fact that he's been in the system longer gives him the nod. Paul hasn't been hitting the three in awhile. He's shooting himself in the foot. He started the season on fire, but if he continues to play like this I'll concede. I'm not gonna SAGirl for BP3 but I think he'll do better with consistent role and minutes. It's hard to get rhythm which is consistent when you are getting inconsistent minutes. But he's a good prospect. Just needs to hit his shots.

A soon to be 27 year old prospect, though?

raybies
12-16-2017, 11:37 PM
A soon to be 27 year old prospect, though?
He doesn't have the length to be a playmaker defender, and the refs calling ticky tacky fouls on him discourages his toughness on D schtick. My eye test is that he's not getting any respect from the refs at all. I think he gets fouled on drives often and sells it, but the refs don't give him the benefit of the doubt and it looks bad. He's got a professional demeanor which I like. He knows how to play. He often makes the right pass. And I think he's a good defender. He moves his feet well. It's just size and length cause he has heart. But right now, he needs to get in the gym and start shooting threes, cause he's been missing em for awhile now.

SpurPadre
12-16-2017, 11:41 PM
You raise fair points but if he doesn't start hitting shots soon, and once we're at full strength, he really is a candidate to be waived or sent to the g league. The way he's playing now doesn't belong on a contending team.

raybies
12-16-2017, 11:42 PM
You raise fair points but if he doesn't start hitting shots soon, and once we're at full strength, he really is a candidate to be waived or sent to the g league. The way he's playing now doesn't belong on a contending team.
yeah i agree. the guy has to hit shots.

FkLA
12-16-2017, 11:50 PM
I get that he's an end of the bench guy but other end of the bench guys the Spurs have had at least had a skill/physical trait that stood out.

Forbes, Bonner, Bertans, Paddy, Neal (shooting)
Fathead (length/playmaking)
Simmons (athleticism)
De Culo (playmaking)
Day (length/shooting)
Boban, Baynes (size)

I know some of the guys moved up in the rotation eventually but they were all end of the bench guys at some point. I just don't see any one trait or skill for BP3 like I did for those guys, tbh.

FkLA
12-16-2017, 11:54 PM
You didn't want a new Gary Neal? :lol

Gary "balls of steel" Neal could at least get you buckets and was clutch af, tbh.

Gagnrath
12-16-2017, 11:54 PM
Not working sooner to find adequate replacements for the big 3 is going to bite them in the ass.

I am curious, where were they going to find replacements for 3 hall of fame players with their draft position and budget in the big 3 era? When you are a perennial 50+ win team you can hope to strike lucky with picks in the 30s, or trade role players for higher selections. Spurs did a bit of both but still were never in a place to really replace Duncan.

Spurtacular
12-16-2017, 11:59 PM
Gary "balls of steel" Neal could at least get you buckets and was clutch af, tbh.

True. I actually liked Gary Neal. I just know he isn't a ST favorite.

sananspursfan21
12-17-2017, 12:05 AM
Uh oh. Is he the next Ime?

SpurPadre
12-17-2017, 12:05 AM
True. I actually liked Gary Neal. I just know he isn't a ST favorite.

Could it be because he couldn't defend a shoeless player?

SpurPadre
12-17-2017, 12:07 AM
Uh oh. Is he the next Ime?

At least Ime is a solid assistant and helped get us Ma Touches, tbh.

Gagnrath
12-17-2017, 12:10 AM
I really think that it was because when he was due a new contract he wanted paid and his slightly younger version of it says I play pg but I am really a jump shooting 2 guard who brings the ball up when a real pg isn't around named Mills was on the roster so he went to a higher bidder.

TimDunkem
12-17-2017, 12:18 AM
I am curious, where were they going to find replacements for 3 hall of fame players with their draft position and budget in the big 3 era? When you are a perennial 50+ win team you can hope to strike lucky with picks in the 30s, or trade role players for higher selections. Spurs did a bit of both but still were never in a place to really replace Duncan.
I said "adequate". Either way, they've had years to get started on it.

Pop is going to be lost when TP and Manu retire.

SpurPadre
12-17-2017, 12:23 AM

No, he won't. He'll be retired, kicking it in Napa Valley, sipping on some wine while either Manu, Ime, Ettore, or Bud comes back to coach the team.

TimDunkem
12-17-2017, 12:31 AM
No, he won't. He'll be retired, kicking it in Napa Valley, sipping on some wine while either Manu, Ime, Ettore, or Bud comes back to coach the team.
Didn't you hear? Pop is staying for LMA. :lol

Gagnrath
12-17-2017, 12:32 AM

Let's put Aldridge in place of Duncan at PF/Center and Leonard in at wing to fill in where Ginobli isn't. Maybe a point guard to is needed let's take a flyer and see if Joseph could be that guy? Nope not working.... Well Murray has the physical tools to be a top notch pg and he's young let's coach him to try and replace Parker.... Now the rest of the roster as a mix of journeyman players and wiley vets.... Yeah looks like a pretty good carbon paper pressing of a team with a shot to get hot at the right time or an injury away. just not quite a sure fire contender without a top 10 all time player. Yeah consensus number 1 big men help especially if they are smart basketball players. Thanks David and Timmy you spoiled San Antonio with riches.

Put on some rose colored glasses and you can see some real strong parallels between say Kevin Willis or Antonio McDyess and Pau Gasol. How about Bertans and Bonner? It's not that the front office isn't really trying. It's that there are a couple of super teams floating around and the Spurs don't have an all time great to push them over the hump.

TimDunkem
12-17-2017, 12:35 AM
Let's put Aldridge in place of Duncan at PF/Center and Leonard in at wing to fill in where Ginobli isn't. Maybe a point guard to is needed let's take a flyer and see if Joseph could be that guy? Nope not working.... Well Murray has the physical tools to be a top notch pg and he's young let's coach him to try and replace Parker.... Now the rest of the roster as a mix of journeyman players and will vets.... Yeah looks like a pretty good carbon paper pressing of a team with a shot to get hot at the right time or an injury away. just not quite a sure fire contender without a top 10 all time player. Yeah consensus number 1 big men help especially if they are smart basketball players. Thanks David and Timmy you spoiled San Antonio with riches.
My issue is with them not finding adequate playmakers to spot Tony and Manu. Kawhi, for as amazing as he is, is still missing this from his game.

Gagnrath
12-17-2017, 12:47 AM
In the last 4 years what players from the say the #15 draft spot down have shown the sort of playmaker ability you are asking for? I am not knocking what you are saying, but proven playmaking is hard to buy or draft.

SAGirl
12-17-2017, 01:12 AM
Movie was good but very long. :whine
Anyways not sure why I am tagged. I cited what Pop said about him. They hope that he will become a nice roleplayer, not some star. If he doesn’t turn into a contributor, then you lost nothing. He was an undrafted guy that cost them very little this season to try out.

SAGirl
12-17-2017, 01:23 AM
I get that he's an end of the bench guy but other end of the bench guys the Spurs have had at least had a skill/physical trait that stood out.

Forbes, Bonner, Bertans, Paddy, Neal (shooting)
Fathead (length/playmaking)
Simmons (athleticism)
De Culo (playmaking)
Day (length/shooting)
Boban, Baynes (size)

I know some of the guys moved up in the rotation eventually but they were all end of the bench guys at some point. I just don't see any one trait or skill for BP3 like I did for those guys, tbh.
I missed this game. Only caught the bad start then had to leave. He started the season shooting well which made one think he could shoot. It’s been spotty minutes here or there but if his shooting was just a mirage, it’s possible your evaluation is right. Probably too soon to say for sure.

DeRozan m8
12-17-2017, 01:25 AM
I'd take Simmons over Paul and Gasol tbh

SpurPadre
12-17-2017, 01:53 AM
Didn't you hear? Pop is staying for LMA. :lol

Didn't you hear? TP wants to play for another 3 years. :lol

r0drig0lac
12-17-2017, 04:51 AM
he does absolutely no good at basketball, I'd rather give minutes to Blossomgame even with no experience in professional basketball than this scrub

r0drig0lac
12-17-2017, 05:11 AM
I actually like him. Feel like he's someone who will grow into a solid role-player. As long as he stays in Pop's good graces, we'll see him be a solid contributor in the next year or two. Just isn't going to get enough playing time or experience this year, imo.
because exactly? Does he go to church on Sundays, donate money to charity or something? I do not see how it is possible to like him for anything he did in court (and yes, I hope he gets better)

8FOR!3
12-17-2017, 12:43 PM

Yeah I agree I don't think he should be judged too much this year for his contributions, more so to who he turns into with the team over the next two years.

DAF86
12-17-2017, 01:17 PM

and the best for last.

Again. Selective memory. Do you remember how shitty Simmons was at first? Brandon Paul got an 18 pts game on his 3rd or 4th NBA game. Give the dude some time.

DAF86
12-17-2017, 01:19 PM
:lol get in here DAF86 SAGirl Dex raybies bklynspursfan ... forgetting others, will update after game

BP3 > Simmons

Even if he gets back to Europe after one season.

TheGreatYacht
12-17-2017, 01:36 PM
Don't even have to say anything :lol

BillMc
12-17-2017, 01:40 PM
Could it be because he couldn't defend a shoeless player?
:lol

Blackjack
12-17-2017, 02:54 PM
because exactly? Does he go to church on Sundays, donate money to charity or something? I do not see how it is possible to like him for anything he did in court (and yes, I hope he gets better)

Don't know shit about him personally, tbh. He's a tough competitor on both ends and I think he has some skills that will make a decent rotation/role player. Like Simmons, he doesn't play scared. He's just not as explosive - but believe he'll shoot better from range, if he finds his way into the rotation. Which, if it happens, may be a year away.

Ice009
12-17-2017, 10:42 PM
Like I've been saying for a couple of weeks, but no one seems to acknowledge, who says his shooting to start the season was nothing more than a hot streak? He may not be a great 3-point shooter at all and he's now regressed to the mean. It really sucks if that is the case. I had high hopes for him, and that is mostly because I didn't want Simmons to leave. I was hoping BP3 would be good enough to make us forget about J Simms.

SAGirl
12-18-2017, 12:27 AM
Like I've been saying for a couple of weeks, but no one seems to acknowledge, who says his shooting to start the season was nothing more than a hot streak? He may not be a great 3-point shooter at all and he's now regressed to the mean. It really sucks if that is the case. I had high hopes for him, and that is mostly because I didn't want Simmons to leave. I was hoping BP3 would be good enough to make us forget about J Simms.
The guy Spurs got to provide the Spark is not BP3 but Rudy Gay tbh. BP3 is a depth piece who maybe can give ou some defense in key situations. He’s shot well b4 (in the gleague, in summer league, in Europe) if that doesn’t translate to the NBA then he’s probably not ever going to be a rotation player). It’s too soon with too few minutes overall to determine whether he can contribute with better shooting. Last season with limited minutes Bryn Forbes was atrocious shooting. This season in limited minutes Davis couldn’t hit the ocean until he got rhythm but he’s streaked to a bad shooting game on ocassion like he did against the Celtics. Danny and Patty have streaked to bad shooting games as has Manu. It’s too soon and too small a sample to have the last word on BP3 and I am not even a fan of his. It’s just really not enough of a sample.

That said, I don’t see him as anything less than a depth player this season.

John B
12-18-2017, 02:51 AM
Pop is a great and maybe the best coach, but sometimes players, especially young players get spooked to make mistake and they forget why they got in the team the first place. Too afraid to get yanked out they’re too tense. There’s so much fluid in Paul’s game, he just got to take the guts to do his thing, not afraid to make mistakes. Just play solid D and sink those 3’s. Forbes got in the game because he’s just not catch and shoot. He showed a lot different ways of scoring and he’s earning the minutes. Loosen up, stay with your man and take those open shots

Arcadian
12-18-2017, 03:00 AM
https://youtu.be/m4OvQIGDg4I

Slippy
12-18-2017, 05:03 AM
This guy is a great option to have when u want a defensive minded alternative to Bryn & Patty. His mins through no fault of his own have dwindled so hes under more pressure to perform. Not sure why he getting compared to simmons as they play different roles.

He also played well yesterday. Made some key plays on d.

tbdog
12-18-2017, 06:30 AM

Happens when our avg pick in the last 20 year is like 28.

tbdog
12-18-2017, 06:32 AM
Paul is far ahead of Simmons third of a way through his first season.

jyra
12-18-2017, 12:27 PM
I think people underestimate the adjustment from the FIBA 3 point line to the NBA especially for guys who have been playing overseas for a couple of seasons. Unless you are used to taking threes from way behind the line (like Bertans) it's going to take time to get comfortable. So I wouldn't be too hasty to judge his shooting ability.

TheGreatYacht
12-18-2017, 12:32 PM
Paul is far ahead of Simmons third of a way through his first season.
Why do retards keep saying this? :lol

Simmons was better across the board, ESPECIALLY shooting efficiency wise. I mean it's not surprising to anyone who doesn't have autism. Simmons has always had a good FG% where as BumP3 has never shot above 40%.... and by the looks of things, this year won't be year he does.

2009-2013: 38FG% in College
2014: 40FG% in Europe
2016: 38FG% in Europe
2017: 38FG% in Europe

RC Drunkford probably saw his twitter handle was @BP3 and thought he pulled one off on Morey

People don't understand how blessed this scrub has been. Simmons got DNP'd 13 out of his first 18 games & 13 out of his last 22 games his rookie season.

BackHome
12-18-2017, 01:23 PM
I would much rather have Hanga then this guy

spurraider21
12-18-2017, 01:25 PM
dont worry hanga will come over in 2025

Drom John
12-18-2017, 01:39 PM
Basketball-Reference.com
For single seasons; played in the NBA/BAA; in the regular season; in 2017-18; from 1st to 4th season; requiring Offensive Rating >= 100 and Assists >= 100; sorted by descending Win Shares

Nikola Jokic 41st pick
Joe Ingles undrafted
Spencer Dinwiddie 38th pick
Ben Simmons 1st pick
Devin Booker 13th pick
Jerian Grant 19th pick
Donovan Mitchell 13th pick
T.J. McConnell undrafted
Elfrid Payton 10th pick
Tim Frazier undrafted
Mike James undrafted

BG_Spurs_Fan
12-18-2017, 01:43 PM

The question is would you rather have Hanga or Rudy. Can't compare Hanga's mega contract from Barcelona to the partially guaranteed min deal Paul got.

DAF86
12-19-2017, 06:32 PM

Yeah, it's not like salaries matter or anything. :lol

spurs10
12-19-2017, 07:26 PM
What does he do!!?? He throws it down!!! He doesn't make it, but he throws it down! :lol

DAF86
12-19-2017, 07:29 PM
He injured Harden. That's something.

spurs10
12-19-2017, 07:30 PM
He injured Harden. That's something.:toast

SequSpur
12-19-2017, 11:46 PM
I'm sure Brandon Paul is a great guy, but he sucks. I'm sick and fucking tired of dumbfucks comparing him to Simmons. WTF!

Hoops Czar
12-20-2017, 12:54 AM
What does he do!!?? He throws it down!!! He doesn't make it, but he throws it down! :lol

You mean like this...

https://vimeo.com/248098625

spurs10
12-20-2017, 01:46 AM
You mean like this...

https://vimeo.com/248098625 Er...yes! I actually haven't seen him play enough to say much. I was at the game and felt bad for him after his botched dunk. He later got a second chance and layed it in nicely. He does seem to have some athleticism.

duncan2k5
12-20-2017, 07:01 AM
i cant miss this opportunity...i TOLD you guys that you were nuts for thinking he is better than simmons...those grapes must have been sour as sh*t

Ice009
12-20-2017, 09:51 AM
i cant miss this opportunity...i TOLD you guys that you were nuts for thinking he is better than simmons...those grapes must have been sour as sh*t

I tried to be optimistic, but no, I didn't buy into it fully. I was more hopeful Paul might have some better traits in some areas of his game compared to Simmons, but I don't see any area that he's better. Maybe more disciplined on defense, but he's too short to guard bigger guys like Simmons could. I didn't want to let Simmons walk for peanuts. I was happy to let him walk if he got an offer of 11M+, but he got a lot less than Mills, so that really, really pissed me off. Still does.

LittleCriminal
12-20-2017, 10:20 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ESTGYjgQ2k

r0drig0lac
12-21-2017, 05:12 AM
I tried to be optimistic, but no, I didn't buy into it fully. I was more hopeful Paul might have some better traits in some areas of his game compared to Simmons, but I don't see any area that he's better. Maybe more disciplined on defense, but he's too short to guard bigger guys like Simmons could. I didn't want to let Simmons walk for peanuts. I was happy to let him walk if he got an offer of 11M+, but he got a lot less than Mills, so that really, really pissed me off. Still does.

some of us have talked about it since the start of the season, unless BP grows two inches and gets an elite first step there's nothing he can do to be better than Simmons at playing basketball

TheGreatYacht
12-22-2017, 03:07 AM
Double digit minutes and all he gives us is 1 rebound.

All of you selling his shit :lol

phxspurfan
12-22-2017, 03:41 AM
He strikes me as a taller Jacque Vaughn. Solid in a lot of areas but not great, and just not big or athletic enough to warrant a spot on a championship roster. May luck into a ring (I think Vaughn may have....?) but doesn't really have a true role on a championship team. These days even your backups have to be former all stars to compete against teams like GS/CLE/HOU

cd98
12-22-2017, 08:45 AM
He’s one of the best at fouling jump shooters.

TheGreatYacht
02-01-2018, 10:48 PM
Has been surpassed by Hilliard in the rotation.

For a guy who got all the photo ops, playing time, and free advertisement as a rookie.... he really shat the bed.

Lol @ the "better than Simmons" folks. What happened to them?

SAGirl
02-01-2018, 10:49 PM
Hilliard took his minutes tonight... hmmm

BackHome
02-01-2018, 11:16 PM
He is a d league player should go to Europe and make some good money have some hot chicks. Our talent pool really sucks I have never seen it this bad even when we had better draft picks.

TheGreatYacht
03-12-2018, 10:35 PM
1pt, 3rebs, 1ast and 0/5 shooting in 32 minutes is what he does!

And scrubs thought he was Simmons 2.0 :lol you know who you were.... can't wait till Juice shits on all of you next game.

DAF86
03-12-2018, 10:44 PM
Paul is better than Simmons if only for the fact that he doesn't fool people into playing him to then be a cancer that can't shoot and turns the ball over as often as he hands out assists, tbh. :lol

Also, scrubs usually do well against the Spurs, so yeah, Simmons might shit on us next game.

TheGreatYacht
03-12-2018, 10:47 PM
Scrubs also have scrub takes, so that post isn't much of a surprise :lol

49pts over his last 2 games. Get that asshole ready, FAP.

Budkin
03-12-2018, 10:58 PM
1 point baby!

MaNu4Tres
03-12-2018, 11:01 PM
Not a NBA player.

Spurs swung and missed.

BackHome
03-13-2018, 01:49 AM
Replace Joffrey, Forbes, and Paul next year with Livio, Blossom, White, and Hilliard.

Snaq O'Meal
03-13-2018, 02:43 AM
“What does Brandon Paul even do?”

Well, RC Buffoon needed someone to wear the “Paul 3” jerseys that he had pre-ordered before last summer.

tholdren
03-13-2018, 05:37 AM
Replace Joffrey, Forbes, and Paul next year with Livio, Blossom, White, and Hilliard.

Livio? Hes worse than pau

r0drig0lac
03-13-2018, 05:46 AM
Paul is better than Simmons if only for the fact that he doesn't fool people into playing him to then be a cancer that can't shoot and turns the ball over as often as he hands out assists, tbh. :lol

Also, scrubs usually do well against the Spurs, so yeah, Simmons might shit on us next game.

no he is not, but admitting the mistake is difficult for some people, he is not even a good basketball player

spursistan
03-13-2018, 06:49 AM
Not a NBA player.

Spurs swung and missed.

It is just another reminder to never make judgement on teams, players, awards and such in the first two weeks of the season..The first month is essentially an extension of the pre-season. We all remember 3rd seeded Magic who destroyed us by 40..:lol

I do agree that Paul will never get a better opportunity to make it in this league than the one he's just had with SA given the circumstances of the season. It is curtains for him, I reckon..

SAGirl
03-13-2018, 10:53 AM
He has been in the team all year, when they could have rather picked up a big (since LMA has had the sore knee and Pau is banged up and old). An energy big to compete with Joff for minutes wouldn’t have been a bad pick up. Which just makes me wonder why hold on to BP3. I’d have to think they will give him a summer league with the team to work on his flaws and a chance to make the team in preseason. I don’t remember the terms of his deal but reminds me of Forbes in getting opportunities to make th team again the following season. So we shall see. Considering Paul is an old rookie I do not expect much improvement but we shall find out anyways.

DAF86
03-13-2018, 11:59 AM
no he is not, but admitting the mistake is difficult for some people, he is not even a good basketball player

I have no problem admitting mistakes, tbh. When I said Paul was better than Simmons it was obviously tongue in cheek. I think I said it in a game thread after his first good play on the NBA, or in his thread after his first game. Nobody can say somebody is better than another guy after just one game.

I will admit, though, than, after reading the scout report on him and seeing what supposedly were his strengths (defense and shooting), I really thought Paul could be better than Simmons but so far Brandon has had a hard time adapting to the NBA, maybe some day he will make the click. So far, both are scrubs, tbh.

duncan2k5
03-13-2018, 12:03 PM
I... Told... You... So... (but saying it at the time made me a shit poster... I wonder what else I'll be right with in the future)

UNT Eagles 2016
03-13-2018, 01:01 PM
Brandon Paul is like Udoka, he's just there even though you can't really tell

BackHome
03-13-2018, 01:10 PM
Livio? Hes worse than pau

Been watching the Toros very closely he is actually playing very good. And Yes he is easily better then Brandon Paul.

sasaint
03-13-2018, 01:18 PM
It is just another reminder to never make judgement on teams, players, awards and such in the first two weeks of the season..The first month is essentially an extension of the pre-season. We all remember 3rd seeded Magic who destroyed us by 40..:lol

I do agree that Paul will never get a better opportunity to make it in this league than the one he's just had with SA given the circumstances of the season. It is curtains for him, I reckon..

I think you are right. Cheap or not, the guy was given plenty of opportunities in the early part of the season, and he just got steadily worse. He is China-bound.

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-13-2018, 01:56 PM
1pt, 3rebs, 1ast and 0/5 shooting in 32 minutes is what he does!

And scrubs thought he was Simmons 2.0 :lol you know who you were.... can't wait till Juice shits on all of you next game.

1 point in 32 minutes for a guard, along with the rest of his night is a pretty impressive stat line. Hard to put together such a completely non-contributory performance.

Chinook
03-13-2018, 04:17 PM
I actually think Paul would have been a fine two-way player. He could have adjusted to the NBA game without costing the team a real roster spot. He's not a bad player really, and people forget how good he looked at the beginning of the year when he had confidence in his shot, and his three was falling. He really only looks bad because of opportunity cost. He's the guy the team brought in when they were already loaded at guard and really needed a big. Had they moved on from Patty or Forbes or drafted a big rather than White, BP3 would not be any more annoying than a typical 13th man.

I don't think his NBA career is done by any means. He needs to continue to work on his shot to become a reliable spot-up threat capable of shooting at a high volume. He also has to be more comfortable checking combo-forwards. He's like 2010 Green, but like four years older. If he has the same off-season that Danny had in 2011, he could come back and look like a key guy for a team that is looking at three of their other two-guards walking away.

TD 21
03-13-2018, 04:23 PM
I actually think Paul would have been a fine two-way player. He could have adjusted to the NBA game without costing the team a real roster spot. He's not a bad player really, and people forget how good he looked at the beginning of the year when he had confidence in his shot, and his three was falling. He really only looks bad because of opportunity cost. He's the guy the team brought in when they were already loaded at guard and really needed a big. Had they moved on from Patty or Forbes or drafted a big rather than White, BP3 would not be any more annoying than a typical 13th man.

I don't think his NBA career is done by any means. He needs to continue to work on his shot to become a reliable spot-up threat capable of shooting at a high volume. He also has to be more comfortable checking combo-forwards. He's like 2010 Green, but like four years older. If he has the same off-season that Danny had in 2011, he could come back and look like a key guy for a team that is looking at three of their other two-guards walking away.

:tu

BackHome
03-13-2018, 04:29 PM
No he is done put a fork in him.

spurraider21
07-31-2018, 03:53 PM
still an unanswered question :lol

glad he's gone. just literally a body. and there are no shortage of those.

Mr. Body
07-31-2018, 04:14 PM
They can't all be Gary Neal.