PDA

View Full Version : Murray

Spurtacular
12-16-2017, 10:46 PM
Took 44 minutes; but someone decided to finally start playing.

Spurtacular
12-16-2017, 10:47 PM
Manu realizing the Mavs had no timeouts and not afraid to break early for the game winner, too.

TheGreatYacht
12-16-2017, 10:47 PM
Shut your no lip mouth, Mormon.

Spurtacular
12-16-2017, 10:49 PM
:cry Kawhi Leonard is Shaun Marion :cry

:lmao

Spurtacular
12-16-2017, 10:51 PM
Spurs finish the game on a 13-0 surge.

Splits
12-16-2017, 10:51 PM
OP is a Jimmer fan

/thread

Spurtacular
12-16-2017, 10:52 PM
OP is a Jimmer fan

/thread

All the faggots coming out of the woodworks.

TimDunkem
12-16-2017, 10:52 PM
OP is a Jimmer fan

/thread

Almost forgot about that...:lmao Jimma'

TheGreatYacht
12-16-2017, 10:53 PM
OP is a Jimmer fan

/thread

cd021
12-16-2017, 10:58 PM
Loved his fast break drives to the rim, he reminds me a lot of pre injury Derrick Rose in that regard. Though his aggressiveness in the final five minutes helped us get the win.

Spurtacular
12-16-2017, 11:02 PM
Loved his fast break drives to the rim, he reminds me a lot of pre injury Derrick Rose in that regard. Though his aggressiveness in the final five minutes helped us get the win.

He brought pace and urgency and consistency when nobody else would.

TDomination
12-17-2017, 01:37 AM
He won't see the floor the next 10 games.

SAGirl
12-17-2017, 02:35 AM
Good opportunity for growth for him. He played well against the Rockets too.

BG_Spurs_Fan
12-17-2017, 05:04 AM
He was good offensively, he showed a lot of passion and urgency down the line. He realized he's got to run with the ball if he wants to be efficient because in the half court they guard him like Tony Allen and it clogs the lane for everyone else. To his credit he did hit a couple of Js. When he improves his shooting and starts playing more in control he'll be good. It's just that he's not on a Kawhi-like development trajectory like some expected, more like CoJo/Kyle.

tholdren
12-17-2017, 09:37 AM
Good opportunity for growth for him. He played well against the Rockets too.

Wrong

UZER
12-17-2017, 09:54 AM
Murray has Pop syndrome written all over him. He started the year playing great, playing free, having a big impact on the offense. Then all of a sudden, he goes into half court pound the ball offense that totally stunts his style, while constantly looking over his shoulder for the yank. Now his brain is stuck between his natural fast paced play, and round peg square hole Pop style. He's thinking too much.

This version of Pop loves neutering young players. He wants absolute control and will cut players legs of to do it. Sure Murray needs to learn control and pace, but early on, just let him get his NBA legs under him, something that should been happening last year. Now he's another year behind.

UZER
12-17-2017, 10:46 AM
Players that would have ridden the bench and played D league for their first 3 years under current Pop:

Tony Parker
Manu
Kobe
McGrady

skulls138
12-17-2017, 11:11 AM
Murray did start great...one game...but then started going back to his bad ways, before Pop benched him. Pop gave him a shot to see if he is the player he could be but not beyond that, and that's fair. That could be a benefit to Murray as much for the team. Murrays too in love with his physical skills and needs more learned skill to lead a team with playoff potential.

exstatic
12-17-2017, 01:16 PM
Murray has Pop syndrome written all over him. He started the year playing great, playing free, having a big impact on the offense. Then all of a sudden, he goes into half court pound the ball offense that totally stunts his style, while constantly looking over his shoulder for the yank. Now his brain is stuck between his natural fast paced play, and round peg square hole Pop style. He's thinking too much.

This version of Pop loves neutering young players. He wants absolute control and will cut players legs of to do it. Sure Murray needs to learn control and pace, but early on, just let him get his NBA legs under him, something that should been happening last year. Now he's another year behind.

DeJounte played well ,right up to the time that opponents figured out that he can’t shoot.

boutons_deux
12-17-2017, 03:05 PM
https://scontent-dft4-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/25396022_10155089892381981_767403425753103547_n.jp g?oh=ca7e8e7b4733a108c14e77222a8efbb5&oe=5AC4A131

raybies
12-17-2017, 03:14 PM

That's not what I saw, but interesting theory. My opinion is that he started off strong sticking to the gameplan, then he started doing too much and fell off. Natural for a young player. He has to learn to play within the system first, before he knows how to bend it. But early on he was letting the game come to him, picking his spots well, getting boards and points off hustle plays, and then after he started getting media attention he tried to take the next step looking for his shot more, starting penetrating more and turning the ball over because he had no where to go. Pop started Patty and we turned things around cause Patty was playing solid ball and not making rook mistakes.

daslicer
12-17-2017, 03:31 PM
Players that would have ridden the bench and played D league for their first 3 years under current Pop:

Tony Parker
Manu
Kobe
McGrady

All 4 of those guys had a good work ethic. They were also more driven and talented than Murray when they entered the league.

UZER
12-17-2017, 03:52 PM
All 4 of those guys had a good work ethic. They were also more driven and talented than Murray when they entered the league.

Of course they were. Point is, this version of Pop wouldn't give a shit. It wouldn't be fair to the guys in front of them.

Kobe air balled two open ill-advised threes in the playoffs against the JazZ. You think Pop would stand for that? He would've been D league bound.

Mikeanaro
12-17-2017, 04:05 PM
Not there yet, doesnt even have a 3 pointer and everybody knows that.

SAGirl
12-17-2017, 04:11 PM
That's high praise from Pop. We know he's never afraid of the moment but him getting wiser by the minute and by the game that's the stuff that's going to help him long term. Guy is still really young. He's still improving which is great for the team.

bklynspursfan
12-17-2017, 04:19 PM

Tony Parker
Manu
Kobe
McGrady

Pop was much tougher on Parker than he has been on Murray. And Manu wasn't some young inexperienced rookie, he knew he had some game already.

Kobe, who knows, probably wouldn't have liked tough coaching as an 18-19 yr old but never know. Those guys all had some solid fundamental skills and didn't rely on size/athleticism.

Blackjack
12-17-2017, 04:27 PM
He's got a lot of potential. Offensively, he needs to study the fuck out of Tony and his finishing around the rim. He brings the defender back into the play by not finishing off the opposite foot with his long arms and exaggerated motion.

tholdren
12-17-2017, 05:04 PM
Of course they were. Point is, this version of Pop wouldn't give a shit. It wouldn't be fair to the guys in front of them.

Kobe air balled two open ill-advised threes in the playoffs against the JazZ. You think Pop would stand for that? He would've been D league bound.

Lol. Wut

tholdren
12-17-2017, 05:07 PM
He's got a lot of potential. Offensively, he needs to study the fuck out of Tony and his finishing around the rim. He brings the defender back into the play by not finishing off the opposite foot with his long arms and exaggerated motion.

How does that help? Layups are the only thing he can do. He cant dribble and plays out of control. Does he have potential, yep. But so does anyone getting minutes

Keepin' it real
12-17-2017, 05:32 PM
Murray

https://images.thestar.com/content/dam/thestar/entertainment/2013/03/28/true_fame_isnt_fleeting_study_says/bill_murray.jpg.size-custom-crop.0x650.jpg

daslicer
12-17-2017, 05:37 PM

I don't believe that and I have been critical of Pop in the past. Dejounte's handles and shooting are the exact same from last year. It looks like he didn't work on anything at all during the summertime. Coaches see those things. Dejounte jump shot looks exactly the same from last year.

BackHome
12-17-2017, 08:24 PM
Your right and that is the reason that Pop gave Forbes more minutes because u could tell he worked really hard this past summer. Pop making his point by saying that is what happens if u put the work in. Murray is still young and can still get better he just has to put in the work.

UZER
12-17-2017, 10:10 PM
I don't believe that and I have been critical of Pop in the past. Dejounte's handles and shooting are the exact same from last year. It looks like he didn't work on anything at all during the summertime. Coaches see those things. Dejounte jump shot looks exactly the same from last year.

Parker couldn't hit a jumper for at least 6 years. He still took the starting reigns as a rookie.

tmtcsc
12-17-2017, 10:27 PM
Parker couldn't hit a jumper for at least 6 years. He still took the starting reigns as a rookie.

Yeah but he could make a layup and didn't turn the ball over like a child playing against adults.

daslicer
12-17-2017, 10:36 PM

I posted this clip in another thread but I'm going to post it here to. Notice in this clip rookie Parker is hitting jump shots all over the place. Parker wasn't a great jump shooter as a rookie but neither was he shitty. He had a decent shot. Also go to the 24 second mark to see hot great Parker's footwork was. Watch at 1:54 how Parker can score a layup in traffic against 3 defenders. The Murray-Parker comparisons need to stop. Parker as rookie was much more developed than Murray. He had better ball handling skills, footwork, finishing abilities. If Murray could do the things rookie Parker is doing in this clip he would be getting tons of minutes.

LQplBlIsZ3o

tmtcsc
12-18-2017, 12:25 AM
I posted this clip in another thread but I'm going to post it here to. Notice in this clip rookie Parker is hitting jump shots all over the place. Parker wasn't a great jump shooter as a rookie but neither was he shitty. He had a decent shot. Also go to the 24 second mark to see hot great Parker's footwork was. Watch at 1:54 how Parker can score a layup in traffic against 3 defenders. The Murray-Parker comparisons need to stop. Parker as rookie was much more developed than Murray. He had better ball handling skills, footwork, finishing abilities. If Murray could do the things rookie Parker is doing in this clip he would be getting tons of minutes.

LQplBlIsZ3o

I am far from being a Parker fan but your message is dead on. TP was the weakest of the "Big 3" and owed a lot of his success to them and the role players who covered for his ass when he came up short in big moments. However, at 19, he was miles ahead of where Murray's game is. He didn't rebound as well but he did everything else much, much better. Parker was one of the best players I had ever seen at getting layups.

Murray? C'mon bruh. Dude tries to shoot floaters from jump shot distances. His game is shit.

Ice009
12-18-2017, 03:02 AM
I am far from being a Parker fan but your message is dead on. TP was the weakest of the "Big 3" and owed a lot of his success to them and the role players who covered for his ass when he came up short in big moments. However, at 19, he was miles ahead of where Murray's game is. He didn't rebound as well but he did everything else much, much better. Parker was one of the best players I had ever seen at getting layups.

Murray? C'mon bruh. Dude tries to shoot floaters from jump shot distances. His game is shit.

Yep, that drives me insane. And yes, I thought Parker was much, much better as a rookie than Murray is now. I also thought his jump shot was better too.

Having said all that, I liked the way Murray played last night. I thought he had a good game and really helped the Spurs win that game in the 4th quarter. He may have made a few mistakes, but he contributed to the win. He's also got much more defensive potential than nearly any other PG on the Spurs roster. The other PGs in the rotation are getting torched on the defensive end of the court and that's really hurting the Spurs a lot. Their offense doesn't outweigh how bad they are on defense, and they can't match many of their counterparts (especially elite PGs) on offense enough to cancel out how much they'd give up to them on the defensive end. How in the heck are the Spurs going to survive in the playoffs with PG defense that bad?

ceds
12-18-2017, 03:55 AM
TP's rookie playoffs vs Payton showed flashes of whats to come but Parker was pure speed his first couple of seasons and relied on that "tear drop" when he got into the lane the majority of the time.
it wasn't till around his 4th & 5th season he was elite in the paint and able to get right to the rim and wrong foot defenders. In his prime TP had a higher fg% then most elite bigs from memory

i'm not convinced DJ is a point guard and his r&r play is bad but he brings much needed athleticism and has the tools to be an good/elite defender & rebounder for his position.
i look at him as a combo guard and that high dribble doesn't bother me because he doesn't need a screen to score.....i just wish he would have some more chances to freelance so we can really see if he has any legit iso potential.

Slippy
12-18-2017, 07:16 AM
Ya Murray's shooting form has gone backwards, from last season which wasnt great to begin with.

Slippy
12-18-2017, 07:20 AM
Like the others said , he shooting floaters on shots that require a simple jumpshot & he getting blocked on lay ups. Needs to learn off tp on how to use his body. Reckon the only reason pop playing him is for defensive reasons . Those mins will disappear once everyone is healthy so it ain looking good for Dj this season

duncan2k5
12-18-2017, 11:26 AM
That's what's confusing about pop... He says you don't play defense, you don't play... But our best defensive PG with a lot of upside struggles to get minutes... You won't learn to play the NBA game looking from the bench...

Phenomanul
12-18-2017, 01:30 PM
That's what's confusing about pop... He says you don't play defense, you don't play... But our best defensive PG with a lot of upside struggles to get minutes... You won't learn to play the NBA game looking from the bench...

That's under the assumption that they are at least contributing on the offensive end... i.e. the Marco Bellineli, Gary Neal, Mason Jr. types... There are spurts where Murray is completely lost on the offensive side of the ball...

Blackjack
12-18-2017, 07:29 PM
How does that help? Layups are the only thing he can do. He cant dribble and plays out of control. Does he have potential, yep. But so does anyone getting minutes

Shitty take, tbh.

tholdren
12-18-2017, 09:52 PM
Shitty take, tbh.

I know, thats why i asked you how does that help.

Blackjack
12-18-2017, 11:16 PM
I know, thats why i asked you how does that help.

Shitty take: Part Deaux.

MaNu4Tres
12-18-2017, 11:23 PM
All Tholdren does is put up shitty takes...tbqh

SAGirl
12-18-2017, 11:25 PM
Murray with another good game... :bobo

UZER
12-19-2017, 12:38 AM
Some guys learn in training. Some guys learn on the job.

Bottom line. Let the kid play.

Stabula
12-19-2017, 12:48 AM
Trade for Gonzo Bell and let Lamar take the coaching reigns