PDA

View Full Version : The importance of Enrique

Calispursfan11
12-21-2017, 10:50 AM
Like many of my fellow Spursfans, I see our current regular season record as a very pleasant surprise but we will need LMA to keep up this level of play and not get discouraged by reduced touches because of the return of scorers like Tony and Kawhi. The beautiful game encourages that- that all players buy into the system and that the best shots are taken and that players no matter how good give up the ball for the best shot on the floor in general. But in the playoffs, we need a closer when the beautiful game breaks down. Kawhi has shown that he is pretty good in crunch time, but tbh our best crunch time guy has been Tony Parker. Tony is still so important to this team. In his mid-thirties Parker is still great and any opposing team who ignores this is a fool team. If you'll remember, during a short stretch of the Duncan era when both Tim and Manu were down, he was scoring in the 30-50 point range nightly and he really hasn't slowed too much since - he still penetrates and gets shots in the paint, albeit not as consistently. This guy is a future hall of fame player lock and although he has been banged up and gotten a little older, he is still a leader and the KEY to the playoffs. Tony is fearless and as long as his skills still justify that, he will remain of central importance to our success. If we enter the playoffs healthy, with Kawhi and LMA doing their thing, Tony will be the one to put us over the top. Not quite time to pass the baton to DM. I think it's necessary we enter with all our pieces (including Manu for those ridiculous moments where he wins it for us).

lil'mo
12-21-2017, 11:11 AM
Lmfao no

Leetonidas
12-21-2017, 11:34 AM
Ok

Russo21
12-21-2017, 11:45 AM
He was scoring in the 30 to 50 range nightly? Was that real life or are you getting confused with NBA2K numbers?

ElNono
12-21-2017, 11:53 AM
Nobody is reading that wall of text :lol

TrainOfThought5
12-21-2017, 12:09 PM
Like many of my fellow Spursfans, I see our current regular season record as a very pleasant surprise but we will need LMA to keep up this level of play and not get discouraged by reduced touches because of the return of scorers like Tony and Kawhi. The beautiful game encourages that- that all players buy into the system and that the best shots are taken and that players no matter how good give up the ball for the best shot on the floor in general. But in the playoffs, we need a closer when the beautiful game breaks down. Kawhi has shown that he is pretty good in crunch time, but tbh our best crunch time guy has been Tony Parker. Tony is still so important to this team. In his mid-thirties Parker is still great and any opposing team who ignores this is a fool team. If you'll remember, during a short stretch of the Duncan era when both Tim and Manu were down, he was scoring in the 30-50 point range nightly and he really hasn't slowed too much since - he still penetrates and gets shots in the paint, albeit not as consistently. This guy is a future hall of fame player lock and although he has been banged up and gotten a little older, he is still a leader and the KEY to the playoffs. Tony is fearless and as long as his skills still justify that, he will remain of central importance to our success. If we enter the playoffs healthy, with Kawhi and LMA doing their thing, Tony will be the one to put us over the top. Not quite time to pass the baton to DM. I think it's necessary we enter with all our pieces (including Manu for those ridiculous moments where he wins it for us).

30 to 50?? When was this?

dabom
12-21-2017, 03:33 PM
Nobody is reading that wall of text :lol

I didn't read shit either. :lol

daledondale
12-21-2017, 04:09 PM
Nobody is reading that wall of text :lolhttps://media.giphy.com/media/5wWf7GR2nhgamhRnEuA/giphy.gif

duncan2k5
12-21-2017, 09:06 PM
30 to 50?? When was this?

im saying! lmao!

duncan2k5
12-21-2017, 09:07 PM

Tony Parker, is that you?

Stabula
12-21-2017, 09:51 PM
MVParker :cry

ducks
12-21-2017, 10:07 PM
I didn't read shit either. :lol

Lazy
You on welfare to?

Play Boban
12-21-2017, 10:25 PM
Enrique is basically our jester. He keeps things interesting by banging teammates’ wives and girlfriends.

$pursDynasty
12-21-2017, 10:41 PM
Hell yes we need MVParker; people talk about us giving the Dubs a tough series if not for ZsaZsa but if we had both the Kingslayer and the Head of the Snake I believe we would have taken them out. I am STILL waiting for the Spurs vs Dubs series when both teams are healthy. The Warriors haven't proven they can beat a healthy Spurs team in the playoffs yet.

testies
12-23-2017, 11:31 PM
The importance of Porker is that he is a walking example of how not to play, specially for Dejontay who can become special for us.

Is Porker even playable in a series against Lockets?

ducks
12-23-2017, 11:36 PM
Enrique is basically our jester. He keeps things interesting by banging teammates’ wives and girlfriends.

Proof? Or more fake news

Play Boban
12-23-2017, 11:44 PM
Proof? Or more fake news
Erin Barry?

ducks
12-23-2017, 11:52 PM
Proof I doubt Barry telling truth
Spurs would have packed his bags if he did

ElNono
12-24-2017, 12:07 AM
:lmao of course ducks doubts Barry, despite the fact he got divorced over it

ducks
12-24-2017, 01:04 AM
He got divorced over other things
Spurs are a straight organization they do not care about about loses if bad teammate out of sa