PDA

View Full Version : SI picks Spurs over Heat in 2006 Finals

G-Nob
10-18-2005, 05:06 PM
This week's issue is the NBA preview

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/specials/preview/2005/scouting.reports/?cnn=yes

Brutalis
10-18-2005, 05:34 PM
Suprised Duncan didnt get the cover but at the same time not.

NuGGeTs-FaN
10-18-2005, 05:42 PM
Suns in Western Conference Finals, yeh right :rolleyes

lilmads
10-18-2005, 05:44 PM
Awesome, let's hope the Spurs get that far!:)

Mr_MVP21
10-18-2005, 05:45 PM
Phoenix in the Western conference finals? They got to be kidding me. They list Amare out at least 'til February, if that's the case Phoenix better start thinking about next season 'cause they won't make the playoffs with Kurt Thomas and Brian Grant executing the Fastbreaks D'Antoni used to.

Brutalis
10-18-2005, 05:49 PM
I think they think, that Amare will be in full swing by the time the playoffs are around.

Mr_MVP21
10-18-2005, 05:52 PM
Even if Amare returns in full force in February, doesn't anyone think that Phoenix will have a losing record by then?

samikeyp
10-18-2005, 06:00 PM
SI gets it.

Mavs<Spurs
10-18-2005, 09:01 PM
Even if Amare returns in full force in February, doesn't anyone think that Phoenix will have a losing record by then?

I know what you are saying and you might be right. However, they might pull an Indiana. I mean who would have said at the beginning of the season that Indiana would make the playoffs if they lost Ron Artest for the whole season, Stephen Jackson and Jermaine O Neal for 25 games and when Jermaine returned, he was playing hurt (badly).

They still have Steve Nash and Shawn Marrion and Jim Jackson to go along with Kurt Thomas. In my view, Marrion benefits from the presence of Nash and Stoudamire a lot. I don't think that he is half of the player without them that he is with them. Remember, all they really need to do is to win half of their games or even a few less. If they can do that, Stoudamire helps them to win most of their last games and that gets them into the playoffs.
I am not quite yet ready to say that they don't make the playoffs. Remember Kobe, Lamar and Caron were almost enough to make it into the playoffs last year. The players they still have might be equivalent to those three.
I call it even money that they make the playoffs.

Obstructed_View
10-18-2005, 10:12 PM
Good, I don't have to bother watching this season.

Yay Spurs 2006 champs.

LilMissSPURfect
10-19-2005, 08:36 AM
Good, I don't have to bother watching this season.

Yay Spurs 2006 champs.

"its ova!" :fro

rayray2k8
10-19-2005, 12:43 PM
Its nice, but it dont mean a damn thing, they still have TO DO IT.
LETS REPEAT GUYS,
GO SPURS GO :makemyday :music

yeeeeeeeaww!! 100!! :elephant :fro :smokin :spin

Obstructed_View
10-19-2005, 01:01 PM
Its nice, but it dont mean a damn thing, they still have TO DO IT.
LETS REPEAT GUYS,
GO SPURS GO :makemyday :music

yeeeeeeeaww!! 100!! :elephant :fro :smokin :spin
That was what I meant. You see, I was...oh the hell with it.

Rummpd
10-19-2005, 01:12 PM
The sad thiing is that SI is rarely right, I would feel better if they picked the Heat, Pacers, or Pistons or anyone else but the Spurs.

Obstructed_View
10-19-2005, 01:33 PM
The sad thiing is that SI is rarely right, I would feel better if they picked the Heat, Pacers, or Pistons or anyone else but the Spurs.
Hehe. I found an old SI the other day where they pick the Broncos to beat the 49ers. It's not like the Spurs are a risky pick or that it takes any talent to pick them. The Spurs are going to have to play up the the expectations this year. Welcome to potential greatness.

arrogancy
10-19-2005, 05:45 PM
No way that the Heat will beat Detroit and/or Indiana this year. I say Detroit/SA rematch with the decision being a toss up since both teams have improved.