PDA

View Full Version : If Kawhi is injury prone..

RD2191
12-23-2017, 08:02 PM
Could he have a career as a 6th man? He'd probably be the best 6th man of all time. I wonder if he'd be up for it.

FkLA
12-23-2017, 08:09 PM
https://i.imgur.com/Bt19qie.gif

RD2191
12-23-2017, 08:11 PM
https://i.imgur.com/Bt19qie.gif

:lol better than him not playing at all. Didn't iggy win finals mvp as a 6th man?

ElNono
12-23-2017, 08:14 PM
Build the wall.

Spurtacular
12-23-2017, 08:14 PM
If KGB Pop's gonna keep playing him 17 mpg, he might as well make him an eighth man.

TheGreatYacht
12-23-2017, 08:28 PM
Would be in the same class as Ferrari, Gasol, and Simmons... the greatest Spurs 6th mans in franchise history

sananspursfan21
12-23-2017, 08:29 PM
Here we go again

TheDoctor
12-23-2017, 08:53 PM
Grant Hill all over again tbh :pctoss

daslicer
12-23-2017, 09:24 PM
I'm patient. I'm giving it until April before I give up on Kawhi. If he's not playing at a high level around that time then the Spurs season will have been a complete waste. Definitely a bs injury he's suffering from. If it's chronic then the Spurs are fucked long term. with this guy.

SpurPadre
12-23-2017, 09:39 PM
https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/3531602/mr_glass.0.jpg

Stabula
12-23-2017, 09:40 PM
Build the wall.

Darius Bieber
12-23-2017, 10:08 PM
Grant Hill 2.0 tbh

phxspurfan
12-23-2017, 10:20 PM
So, Manu basically

SpurPadre
12-23-2017, 10:23 PM
So, Manu basically

Uh, Manu's 40 and still playing.

Play Boban
12-23-2017, 10:25 PM
Kawhi will be lucky to still be playing at 30 tbh.

YGWHI
12-23-2017, 10:25 PM
I'm patient. I'm giving it until April before I give up on Kawhi. If he's not playing at a high level around that time then the Spurs season will have been a complete waste. Definitely a bs injury he's suffering from. If it's chronic then the Spurs are fucked long term. with this guy.

I wouldn't call two seasons "long term". Without an extension next summer, he would be FA in just two years. Not a big deal after all. Kawhi will find other team like many other injured players did in the past, and the Spurs will have the money to lure other elite players.

daslicer
12-23-2017, 10:28 PM
I wouldn't call two seasons "long term". Without an extension next summer, he would be FA in two years. Not a big deal after all.

Long term doesn't' just imply Kawhi coming off the books in 2 years. It means the Spurs would be forced into a massive rebuild that would result in them going to the lottery. Being a lottery means being fucked long term.

Keepin' it real
12-23-2017, 10:30 PM
Kawhi will be lucky to still be playing at 30 tbh.

:cry

ElNono
12-23-2017, 10:34 PM
If OP didn’t like cawk...

YGWHI
12-23-2017, 10:35 PM
Long term doesn't' just imply Kawhi coming off the books in 2 years. It means the Spurs would be forced into a massive rebuild that would result in them going to the lottery. Being a lottery means being fucked long term.

Sorry, I edited after your reply.

Again, "massive rebuild"? I doubt it. The Spurs without Kawhi will have the money to lure other elite players. I'm not worried at all. Lottery? Nah. Never. They have the #5-6 best record in the league this season without him

daslicer
12-23-2017, 10:41 PM
Sorry, I edited after your reply.

Again, "massive rebuild"? I doubt it. The Spurs without Kawhi will have the money to lure other elite players. I'm not worried at all. Lottery? Nah. Never. They have the #5-6 best record in the league this season without him

Depends on your definition of elite. If your talking about good role players and above average players than yes the Spurs have a chance at getting those players in FA. To be a contender in the NBA you need superstar and the Spurs are not going to land that type of player in FA. That's why if Kawhi does not recover from the injury he's suffering from it will have a long term effect on the Spurs chances of contending.

TheGreatYacht
12-23-2017, 10:52 PM
Starting to think he's faking it tbh. Middle finger to PATFO for building this paper tiger roster that's capped out until 2024. Docs can't see what's wrong and it's all up to him and his pain tolerance.

I'd sit out too if Fathead and Danny G-League were unanimous starters

YGWHI
12-23-2017, 10:56 PM
Depends on your definition of elite. If your talking about good role players and above average players than yes the Spurs have a chance at getting those players in FA. To be a contender in the NBA you need superstar and the Spurs are not going to land that type of player in FA. That's why if Kawhi does not recover from the injury he's suffering from it will have a long term effect on the Spurs chances of contending.

Well, they would be a playoff-team but not a contender? It doesn't sound bad. Making playoffs is the goal of many teams in the league. Spurs'll be fine, they're always fine.

duncan2k5
12-23-2017, 10:57 PM
what makes you guys think kawhi wants to sit out? i guarantee this is all pop's doing...and im sure kawhi is quietly pissed about it...but pop has on blinders...we ALL could see LA was disgruntled last year, but pop couldn't...im sure it is the same with kawhi...the guys wants to play...pop wont let him

ElNono
12-23-2017, 11:07 PM
Starting to think he's faking it tbh. Middle finger to PATFO for building this paper tiger roster that's capped out until 2024. Docs can't see what's wrong and it's all up to him and his pain tolerance.

I'd sit out too if Fathead and Danny G-League were unanimous starters

Maybe HOTS stole his gf and he’s :cry depressed:cry

ElNono
12-23-2017, 11:08 PM

duncan2k5
12-23-2017, 11:23 PM
Pop keeps Kawhi from playing, and somehow idiots blame kawhi...

testies
12-23-2017, 11:28 PM
Kawhi screws with LMA's offense. LMA is a ferrari on offense, we can trade Kawhi and get like 2 or 3 good pieces that will play 3 & D

hater
12-23-2017, 11:29 PM
If???

Lmao what a stupid thread title

Stephen kawhahkings can not even wipe his own ass

YGWHI
12-23-2017, 11:40 PM
Kawhi screws with LMA's offense. LMA is a ferrari on offense, we can trade Kawhi and get like 2 or 3 good pieces that will play 3 & D

Agree. They can't co-exist on court.

For Spurs' sake, Kawhi should leave the Spurs. If he takes a paycout for his injury, his contract will still be extremely expensive for a small market like SA.

Also, LMA is 32, I guess Pop feels better coaching old guys. LMA, Parker, Pau, Danny, Manu, all over 30/40 is the perfect team for Pop/Spurs.

In 2020, all being two years older, they will be in their best form. Can't wait to see these old guys winning a ship again against younger and faster teams... :tu

cutewizard
12-24-2017, 12:29 AM
Very strange season this......

phxspurfan
12-24-2017, 01:34 AM
2017 - 18 MPG FG% 3P% FT% PPG RPG APG BPG
SEASON 17.3 50 33.3 66.7 10.5 4.8 1.3 1
CAREER STATS 30.4 49.5 38.8 84.7 16.3 6.2 2.3 0.7

Kawhi's stats through 34 games of the season, or 41%of the way through.

Sadly his FT and 3PT numbers have really regressed. Perhaps it's the leg, or perhaps something else.

SAGirl
12-24-2017, 02:37 AM
2017 - 18 MPG FG% 3P% FT% PPG RPG APG BPG
SEASON 17.3 50 33.3 66.7 10.5 4.8 1.3 1
CAREER STATS 30.4 49.5 38.8 84.7 16.3 6.2 2.3 0.7

Kawhi's stats through 34 games of the season, or 41%of the way through.

Sadly his FT and 3PT numbers have really regressed. Perhaps it's the leg, or perhaps something else.

Wow I hadn’t even realized that it has already been 41% of the season and Kawhi is still in this state.. I wouldn’t pay attention to his %. It’s such a small minutes sample. What’s more significant is the Spurs almost half a season with him this way.

BillMc
12-24-2017, 07:52 AM
I do wonder if he can't stay on the court this year, if the FO will become hesitant in giving Kawhi the Super Max extension. And, if they do hesitate, what that can do to the professional relationship.

Hopefully, Kawhi gets healthy and its a nonissue.

exstatic
12-24-2017, 08:49 AM
Jesus Christ. He’s played FOUR FUCKING GAMES, and you people act like he’s on life support, and are hovering to pull the plug. Even in limited minutes, and trying to re-integrate with LMA 2.0, his PER is still 24.6, All Star level. His FG % is spot on, and if one more of his grand total of 12 three pointers had bounced in, he’d be above his career mark there.

SuperCam
12-24-2017, 10:42 AM
damn you know they smiling in warriorland for calling the hit on kawhinjured, it did more damage than imaginable than their goon could have hoped for

https://www.mercurynews.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/sjm-warriors-0420-205.jpg?w=468

PATFO need at least one enforcer going forward, but instead double down on soft by resigning 50mill and Poopau, smh

TheDoctor
12-24-2017, 10:43 AM
what makes you guys think kawhi wants to sit out? i guarantee this is all pop's doing...and im sure kawhi is quietly pissed about it...but pop has on blinders...we ALL could see LA was disgruntled last year, but pop couldn't...im sure it is the same with kawhi...the guys wants to play...pop wont let him

I don't know about that. Apparently he's still dealing w/ the same quad issue.

Leonard felt more discomfort than anticipated after going through Saturday's morning shootaround, which will cause him to miss the matchup against the Kings. In his stead, Kyle Anderson and Rudy Gay should see expanded roles.

spursistan
12-24-2017, 10:53 AM
"if" :lol

SAGirl
12-24-2017, 03:25 PM
I don't know about that. Apparently he's still dealing w/ the same quad issue.
Yes. He was originally listed as probable, so Pop wanted to play him. He was downgraded to questionable and then out. He's clearly not fully recovered and is working his way back from this injury while trying to not re-aggravate it. If he re-aggravates it Pop will have to sit him again maybe for the season bc he's not healing well.

This is a chronic overuse injury that can recurr. I am not buying any blaming of CIA Pop when it comes to this. That's for people who are still in denial.

Merry Xmas btw

daslicer
12-24-2017, 05:31 PM
Yes. He was originally listed as probable, so Pop wanted to play him. He was downgraded to questionable and then out. He's clearly not fully recovered and is working his way back from this injury while trying to not re-aggravate it. If he re-aggravates it Pop will have to sit him again maybe for the season bc he's not healing well.

This is a chronic overuse injury that can recurr. I am not buying any blaming of CIA Pop when it comes to this. That's for people who are still in denial.

Merry Xmas btw

This is pretty much how I feel. Kawhi has a fucked up injury that I think even Pop is frustrated with it but there's nothing he can do about it. The fact that his quad started to flare up again and caused him to sit out is disturbing. I'm starting to accept the idea that there is a chance that Kawhi will have to be shut down for the whole entire year.

exstatic
12-24-2017, 05:41 PM

Merry Xmas btw

These idiots don’t understand tha if they just play him every game his career average minutes, his quad will tear off the bone just like Tony’s.

daslicer
12-24-2017, 06:00 PM
damn you know they smiling in warriorland for calling the hit on kawhinjured, it did more damage than imaginable than their goon could have hoped for

https://www.mercurynews.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/sjm-warriors-0420-205.jpg?w=468

PATFO need at least one enforcer going forward, but instead double down on soft by resigning 50mill and Poopau, smh

If Kawhi does not ever recover from this injury than its unfortunate that his career was Derick Rosed by this scrub. Kendrick Perkins is a no skill goon and I have heard he's trying to get back in the league. Spurs could sign him for cheap and just send him out on the floor to take some cheapshots against the Warriors.

cutewizard
12-24-2017, 07:53 PM
Kawhi is injured again??

DMC
12-24-2017, 08:12 PM
Could he have a career as a 6th man? He'd probably be the best 6th man of all time. I wonder if he'd be up for it.

Injury prone /= sixth man. You have to be able to play to be able to play.

What are they teaching you over there? That fuckin' wall can't come fast enough.

DMC
12-24-2017, 08:15 PM

Merry Xmas btw

Doesn't matter in the grand scheme. Sucks for him, but sometimes great players miss a lot of time.

Too bad we aren't tanking for some real lottery picks.

SAGirl
12-24-2017, 10:14 PM
Doesn't matter in the grand scheme. Sucks for him, but sometimes great players miss a lot of time.

Too bad we aren't tanking for some real lottery picks.

This team can't tank tbh.

They'd have to trade some old pieces who don't fit with a tank. Aldridge for all his haters isn't letting this team tank. He would need to go. They have a lot of old players who don't make sense with a tank either. Manu will still win you a couple of games, Gasol etc. A bunch of players in this veteran team don't make sense in a tank. Plus Pop will probably not headline a tank at this point in his career. Nah. They will be very careful continue to manage minutes develop the young players getting minutes right now and see what happens with Kawhi. Hope for the best and that he's 100% later in the season.

DMC
12-24-2017, 11:09 PM
This team can't tank tbh.

They'd have to trade some old pieces who don't fit with a tank. Aldridge for all his haters isn't letting this team tank. He would need to go. They have a lot of old players who don't make sense with a tank either. Manu will still win you a couple of games, Gasol etc. A bunch of players in this veteran team don't make sense in a tank. Plus Pop will probably not headline a tank at this point in his career. Nah. They will be very careful continue to manage minutes develop the young players getting minutes right now and see what happens with Kawhi. Hope for the best and that he's 100% later in the season.
I realize we cannot tank, thus my comment.

DeadlyDynasty
12-24-2017, 11:31 PM
Time for the glue factory, tbh

Play Boban
12-25-2017, 01:45 AM
Time for the glue factory, tbh
:lol

james evans
12-26-2017, 12:23 PM
I do wonder if he can't stay on the court this year, if the FO will become hesitant in giving Kawhi the Super Max extension. And, if they do hesitate, what that can do to the professional relationship.

Hopefully, Kawhi gets healthy and its a nonissue.
that's my theory on why they're keeping him out hahaha. They want to sell the narrative of him being injured so they don't have to play that $40-50 million a year

r0drig0lac
12-26-2017, 12:57 PM
if?

12-26-2017, 01:59 PM
Kawhi is injury prone, period.

tank for whoever, and trade him to the highest bidder

Ice009
12-26-2017, 02:06 PM
that's my theory on why they're keeping him out hahaha. They want to sell the narrative of him being injured so they don't have to play that $40-50 million a year

If they were doing this and he's going to miss out on the supermax because of it, why would he stay with the Spurs. He can leave and get a max contract elsewhere. If the Spurs are screwing with him by limiting his minutes and keeping him out on purpose, wouldn't that piss him off? I don't think that would want to make him re-sign. He can just leave and get a regular max contract with another team. If the Spurs are doing this on purpose, then they're not really helping their chances on re-signing him. There's plenty of teams that in my opinion will take a chance on him, even if the FO portray him as someone that is injury prone.

sasaint
12-26-2017, 02:06 PM
I am a HUGE Kawhi fan, but it would be very interesting to see what kind of offers the Spurs might get for him.

keithington1
12-26-2017, 02:10 PM
Kawhi for AD just kidding

12-26-2017, 02:26 PM
Now i see why they were playing him 30 minutes a night, anything more and he breaks down. Like trying to floor a honda civic on the highway.

mookie2001
He's not injury prone he just doesn't heal

Honda civic is a bad example, theyre pretty reliable.

illusioNtEk
12-26-2017, 03:49 PM
Like trying to floor a honda civic on the highway.

:lmao

made my day bro thanks

spurraider21
12-26-2017, 04:13 PM
Now i see why they were playing him 30 minutes a night, anything more and he breaks down. Like trying to floor a honda civic on the highway.
as a civic driver, :lol

engine makes a whole lotta noise, speedometer still at 71

bic50
12-26-2017, 04:25 PM
I don't think this as anything to do with how many minutes he plays.

nyspurguy
12-26-2017, 05:08 PM

It's kinda the same thing with Manu..the Argentina Assassin could never play 36+ minutes like a regular starter, for 82 games a season. He was great in limited minutes. Please tell me that's not Kawhi...

12-27-2017, 01:28 AM
as a civic driver, :lol

engine makes a whole lotta noise, speedometer still at 71
:lol my first car was a civic, merging onto the highway was always hilarious

i'd probably still be driving it today if i hadn't got into an accident

spurraider21
12-27-2017, 01:30 AM
:lol my first car was a civic, merging onto the highway was always hilarious

i'd probably still be driving it today if i hadn't got into an accident
got one as my first car back in 08, been driving it since

tholdren
12-30-2017, 11:32 AM
Kawhi is indicative of how sad the nba has become.