PDA

View Full Version : Lots of great news this game, tbh...

ElNono
12-26-2017, 10:47 PM
Chief among them was benching Porker and Fathead in crunch time when they were letting the scrubs Nets back in it, tbh...

Hopefully this is a pattern that translates to the playoffs too, IMHO.

Splits
12-26-2017, 10:49 PM
Tony was amazing. Just like during the championship years, this team goes as far as Tony goes

TheGreatYacht
12-26-2017, 10:51 PM
Tony was amazing. Just like during the championship years, this team goes as far as Tony goes
Agreed. Led all guards in scoring, just like he always has and always will. Too bad he doesn't speak Tijuana

Hoops Czar
12-26-2017, 10:53 PM
It’s fine, tbh... regular season game against nobodies

pgardn
12-26-2017, 10:54 PM
Tony and Manu are still our best two guards.

Play them with different units and during crunch time, it's gonna have to go back to them eventually.
If KL can stay healthy and Pau and LMA can stay attentive and poised. We ok.

Not all world, but a good watch.

Splits
12-26-2017, 10:56 PM
:cry but but Manu's putback dunk when we we're up 10 with under 3 minutes to go :cry

pgardn

Wrong.

Not when your best player shows himself.
And others look like they may adjust.

duncan2k5
How does Murray get benched after a string of good performances where he was showing growth? For the likes of forbes? And pop expects the guy to be consistent? What will happen when playoffs come and Porker goes down? Then is when u will want to depend on a young PG that played irregular minutes? The guy played 4 minutes tonight... Smh

pgardn
12-26-2017, 10:57 PM
:cry but but Manu's putback dunk when we we're up 10 with under 3 minutes to go :cry

40 yo old with bad ankles.
Get it, or don't.

tholdren
12-26-2017, 10:58 PM
How does Murray get benched after a string of good performances where he was showing growth? For the likes of forbes? And pop expects the guy to be consistent? What will happen when playoffs come and Porker goes down? Then is when u will want to depend on a young PG that played irregular minutes? The guy played 4 minutes tonight... Smh

Lololololololol sa girls alt

SAGirl
12-26-2017, 11:03 PM
This Nono trolling is old and cliche. Nothing to see here.

SAGirl
12-26-2017, 11:04 PM
I don’t know.... someone is going to have to break a leg for Murray to play.

Pop has has fallen in love with Forbes.

FkLA
12-26-2017, 11:07 PM
I like Forbes, tbh.

Hoops Czar
12-26-2017, 11:09 PM
I like Forbes, tbh.

:lol

ElNono
12-26-2017, 11:18 PM

:wow Warrior

:worthy:

ElNono
12-26-2017, 11:19 PM

truth, tbh

Splits
12-26-2017, 11:27 PM
Forbes is a piece of shit. He'll never play in the NBA again after his "career" with the Spurs is over. Think Gary Neal.

Spurtacular
12-26-2017, 11:34 PM

Yea, a performance reminiscent of 2014 Gm 5 in which he came in with the game in check and stat stuffed.

pgardn
12-26-2017, 11:46 PM
truth, tbh

So what did you want to see?

SAGirl
12-26-2017, 11:51 PM
I like Forbes, tbh.
He’s just a better off the ball player than Murray, who isn’t a shooter and passes up open jumpers. Still, I feel like Pop has gotten too comfortable putting Forbes in too many micro sizes combos. Guy is 6’2” and competes as hard as he can not a knock on him.

ElNono
12-26-2017, 11:55 PM
So what did you want to see?

It’s more about who I don’t wanna see, tbh

Spurtacular
12-27-2017, 12:03 AM
Chief among them was benching Porker and Fathead in crunch time when they were letting the scrubs Nets back in it, tbh...

Hopefully this is a pattern that translates to the playoffs too, IMHO.

Manu
Green
Kawhi
Aldridge
Pau
Gay
Mills

Top seven closers, tbh.

Hoops Czar
12-27-2017, 12:06 AM
He’s just a better off the ball player than Murray, who isn’t a shooter and passes up open jumpers. Still, I feel like Pop has gotten too comfortable putting Forbes in too many micro sizes combos. Guy is 6’2” and competes as hard as he can not a knock on him.

Pop is just a charity case.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21888028/san-antonio-spurs-coach-gregg-popovich-says-charitable-endeavors-important-rich-hell-need-all

He's more of a basketball psychologist these days than a head coach. That's why scrubs like Laughverne, Bertans and Forbes have jobs in the first place. He knows they won't last long in this business and he feels sorry for them and if he doesn't feed them and clothe them, he won't feel complete as a human being. He's just another George Lucas that had more talent for 20 years.

Also, if you have a few pennies to spare, you should chip in or you're an ass.

Fireball
12-27-2017, 08:46 AM
Manu still is amazing ...

exstatic
12-27-2017, 10:26 AM
Forbes is a piece of shit. He'll never play in the NBA again after his "career" with the Spurs is over. Think Gary Neal.

Gary Neal played four seasons after he left SA.

TimDunkem
12-27-2017, 12:57 PM
Neal was much better than Forbes is now. Just goes to show how deep Drunkford has been scraping the barrel.

skulls138
12-27-2017, 01:01 PM
Should've known elnonos idea of great is to put someone down. Fooled again looking for something positive.

rjv
12-27-2017, 01:05 PM
another version of ST couch GM. tune in after after tomorrow's game for episode "deja vu".

bklynspursfan
12-27-2017, 03:05 PM
Should've known elnonos idea of great is to put someone down. Fooled again looking for something positive.

That's the idea of many on here lol

Hoops Czar
12-27-2017, 05:17 PM
Gary Neal played four seasons after he left SA.

Four years too many, tbh. He played for 6 teams in that span and was really quite awful.

bic50
12-27-2017, 05:36 PM
Four years too many, tbh. He played for 6 teams in that span and was really quite awful.
stayed in the league tho

spurraider21
12-27-2017, 06:41 PM
neal spent most of his nba career outside of San Antonio, fwiw

99 Problems
12-27-2017, 07:15 PM
Manu was looking all star Manu. Dunking, blocking shots on the perimeter, steals.

Stabula
12-27-2017, 07:26 PM
Another thread that serves as a comedy of bad takes. I lmpressive.

daslicer
12-27-2017, 07:45 PM
Another useless troll thread by the lifelong Manutard.

tonight...you
12-27-2017, 08:44 PM
Another useless troll thread by the lifelong Manutard.
And still gets pages... and your response too.
Rowr.

tonight...you
12-27-2017, 08:45 PM
Another thread that serves as a comedy of bad takes. I lmpressive.
Sometimes reducing something creates a great flavor, or glaze for something that's created with great care and thought.
This is not happening here.

Hoops Czar
12-27-2017, 09:31 PM
stayed in the league tho

Stealing money, tbh. He was a disaster after he left the Spurs. To put it simply, he owes the Spurs his NBA career because without them, he never gets a serious shot.

tholdren
12-27-2017, 11:26 PM
Stealing money, tbh. He was a disaster after he left the Spurs. To put it simply, he owes the Spurs his NBA career because without them, he never gets a serious shot.

Can be said for many former spurs

ElNono
12-27-2017, 11:27 PM
I hate playerfans, tbh... if you're a Spursfan, this is a great development, and hopefully Pop sticks to it.

We're already pretty shorthanded talent-wise to compete against the better teams to give up some more matchup advantages, tbh.

I've always been one of the biggest Parker defenders here, tbh, but those legs have too many miles, and while you're going to get a rare MVParker game here or there, his meager average offense can't offset his liability on defense anymore (*).

FatHead just shouldn't be on any alleged contender playoff rotation, IMO.

(*) yes, Patty is putrid on D too, but he at least is quick and enough of a threat from downtown where he requires attention from the defense.

SAGirl
12-28-2017, 03:40 AM
I hate playerfans, tbh... if you're a Spursfan, this is a great development, and hopefully Pop sticks to it.

We're already pretty shorthanded talent-wise to compete against the better teams to give up some more matchup advantages, tbh.

I've always been one of the biggest Parker defenders here, tbh, but those legs have too many miles, and while you're going to get a rare MVParker game here or there, his meager average offense can't offset his liability on defense anymore (*).

(*) yes, Patty is putrid on D too, but he at least is quick and enough of a threat from downtown where he requires attention from the defense.
This is you: "I hate playerfans: but I am one...."
"I am not hating Tony: but I am all the time, and constantly."

At least you admit to hating Kyle openly, but have gotten pretty nasty this season, celebrating an injury and wishing it was a career ended. Since then I see you for what you are. You used to be a funny troll, now the funny stuff has become old and cliche and gross.

The team has won a lot of games without their best player this season. There's just got to be someone in our own team to hate right?

:vomit:

dabom
12-28-2017, 04:33 AM

At least you admit to hating Kyle openly, but have gotten pretty nasty this season, celebrating an injury and wishing it was a career ended. Since then I see you for what you are. You used to be a funny troll, now the funny stuff has become old and cliche and gross.

The team has won a lot of games without their best player this season. There's just got to be someone in our own team to hate right?

:lol ElNono

Stabula
12-28-2017, 04:41 AM

:o

r0drig0lac
12-28-2017, 04:45 AM

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smishocked.gif

hater
12-28-2017, 07:03 AM
:lmao Hondurenos getting torched up in here

dabom
12-28-2017, 07:19 AM
Let me clarify my statement. I'm laughing at the tears. :lol

daledondale
12-28-2017, 07:25 AM
SAgirl accusing other people of being a player fan..
http://redbaiters.com/toto_gold_naples.gif

Stabula
12-28-2017, 07:39 AM
Do you guys think it still hurts for timvp?

tholdren
12-28-2017, 09:40 AM

Ironic isnt it sagirl? You are the biggest player fan herr

pgardn
12-28-2017, 10:38 AM
It’s more about who I don’t wanna see, tbh

No optimism to be taken from the game.
OK.

The Warriors are still the best team. Season done.

ElNono
12-28-2017, 11:46 AM
No optimism to be taken from the game.
OK.

The Warriors are still the best team. Season done.

I’m not opposed to RobDiaz going Tonya Harding on KD, tbh... whatever it takes

ElNono
12-28-2017, 11:53 AM

:cry “Don’t touch mah Kyle!” :cry

To my credit, that’s how I felt about Bonner too, tbh, a guy that should’ve stuck to writing sandwich blogs...

The Spurs wasted years, cap space and games on that scrub, but at least we had the Big 3 intact to ring despite of him.

Don’t have that luxury anymore, and here we are, a player that outright yells at ast coaches and nothing happens because he’s Pop new favorite pet.

Again, if you’re a Spursfan, not a player fan, you want him gone ASAP, tbh

ElNono
12-28-2017, 11:55 AM
Fathead for Ferrari... do it RC!

TheGreatYacht
12-28-2017, 12:03 PM
:lmao Hondurenos getting torched up in here
:lol

TheGreatYacht
12-28-2017, 12:04 PM
:corn:

Keep going

SAGirl
12-28-2017, 12:21 PM
SAgirl accusing other people of being a player fan..
http://redbaiters.com/toto_gold_naples.gif
I am not a hypocrite pretending I hate playerfans or stating I am not one. Nor is cheering Kyle a sign I don't support the team. That’s ElTrollo logic.

I have a problem with the hypocrisy.

SAGirl
12-28-2017, 12:32 PM
Fathead for Ferrari... do it RC!
Kyle living rent free in det head tbh

Tony too. :lol

Arcadian
12-28-2017, 12:40 PM
I hope Anderson gets added back in 2K online soon. He's a crucial part of my rotation. Without him, I have to play Lauvergne or Bertans more.

skulls138
12-28-2017, 02:16 PM

Tony too. :loltruthbomb

tholdren
12-28-2017, 02:55 PM
I am not a hypocrite pretending I hate playerfans or stating I am not one. Nor is cheering Kyle a sign I don't support the team. That’s ElTrollo logic.

I have a problem with the hypocrisy.

You have a problem w hypocrisy but call out playerfans? Sad

ElNono
12-28-2017, 03:54 PM
Sometimes reducing something creates a great flavor, or glaze for something that's created with great care and thought.
This is not happening here.

To make an omelette you gotta break some eggs, tbh

ElNono
12-28-2017, 03:55 PM

Tony too. :lol

I’m fair and balanced, like Fox News, tbh

SAGirl
12-28-2017, 04:39 PM
I’m fair and balanced, like Fox News, tbh
you are a vet troll. I give you that.

gambit1990
12-28-2017, 06:27 PM

yeah, people always complain about patty's defense but tony's the biggest defensive liability... second worse DRtg, worst DBPM on the team... pretty similar to last season. and him being able to produce against scrub teams ≠ him being able to produce against contenders.

tonight...you
12-28-2017, 08:35 PM
To make an omelette you gotta break some eggs, tbh
It's all in the seasoning baby. Although...
You can't break eggs until you know what you want the dish to taste like.

This team doesn't seem to care yet.

Hopefully it doesn't bite them in the ass.

DMC
12-28-2017, 09:11 PM
Pop sits Kawhi every other game because he knows he has to win some.