PDA

View Full Version : New Year's Resolutions

DMC
12-28-2017, 11:00 AM
1. Be less of an asshole (not completely unassholic, just less)
2. Advance my guitar playing (I seem stuck atm)
3. Take more overseas contracts (been turning them down cuz I hate long flights)

What are yours?

spurraider21
12-28-2017, 02:50 PM
1. Get more regular exercise. Not overweight (pretty skrawny, actually), but starting to reach the age where my metabolism won't let me get away with the same habits. Rather get ahead of it than wait for it to become a problem.

2. Save as much as possible. Fell into a situation where my living expenses are incredibly low, giving an opportune chance to save up. Wife is likely to be starting med school around August 2019, so money will be tighter then. Want to have as much saved up as possible, especially since for all I know, her school will take us to another state, meaning more expense, having to retake the bar, etc.

3. Start to angle towards goal of landing a public defense gig. Want to give a good-faith amount of time at my current job (rather than just using them as a placeholder)... but LA/Ventura/Santa Barbara PD offices all require pretty substantial experience in crim defense and/or trial work, which I won't be getting here. Of course, moving to another state could throw a wrench into those plans, but want to get in the crim defense arena regardless.

clambake
12-28-2017, 03:23 PM
i don't think i'll kill anyone next year.

pretty big step.

clambake
12-28-2017, 03:24 PM
oh, and create a product that removes dna evidence.

Chucho
12-28-2017, 03:50 PM
3. Start to angle towards goal of landing a public defense gig. Want to give a good-faith amount of time at my current job (rather than just using them as a placeholder)... but LA/Ventura/Santa Barbara PD offices all require pretty substantial experience in crim defense and/or trial work, which I won't be getting here. Of course, moving to another state could throw a wrench into those plans, but want to get in the crim defense arena regardless.

Obviously it's for the experience, but man, court house lawyering? Isn't that like just $100 per case?

spurraider21
12-28-2017, 03:57 PM
Obviously it's for the experience, but man, court house lawyering? Isn't that like just $100 per case?
this aint better call saul :lol

it varies not only state by state, but also county by county. i could move somewhere shitty up north like mendocino county right now and get a job right away as a PD making less than 50k per year... or by comparison 200 miles away in Santa Clara county where they pay PD's six figures starting and is insanely competitive.

LA county and Ventura county are both competitive and pay well, but also expect applicants to have a good amount of crim trial experience going in. OC is not as tough, but Riverside is my best bet in the so-cal region.

koriwhat
12-28-2017, 07:53 PM
1. find and consume stronger edibles

that's it.

spurraider21
12-28-2017, 07:57 PM
1. find and consume stronger edibles

that's it.
what a fulfilling life you must have

koriwhat
12-28-2017, 08:03 PM
what a fulfilling life you must have

ah so sorry i don't live in your make believe far left utopia

spurraider21
12-28-2017, 08:07 PM
ah so sorry i don't live in your make believe far left utopia
im pretty sure far left hippes would love your life... where your biggest concern is finding better weed

Mark Celibate
12-28-2017, 08:48 PM
1. Get more regular exercise. Not overweight (pretty skrawny, actually), but starting to reach the age where my metabolism won't let me get away with the same habits. Rather get ahead of it than wait for it to become a problem.

2. Save as much as possible. Fell into a situation where my living expenses are incredibly low, giving an opportune chance to save up. Wife is likely to be starting med school around August 2019, so money will be tighter then. Want to have as much saved up as possible, especially since for all I know, her school will take us to another state, meaning more expense, having to retake the bar, etc.

Once I got my first 9-5 after college was when I noticed this too. I had a bad diet in college but I was able to "out-exercise" it, and I was walking around a lot more. Once I started sitting for 8 hours a day, there was a lot of shit in my diet that I realized had to go, or atleast taken in less moderation, if I wanted to remain fit. Do you play any sports? It's always a good measuring stick to see where you're at.

tbh I don't have any particular 2018 goals, other than using my time more efficiently and selfishly. I tend to become over curious on random topics that don't directly benefit myself other than for mental masturbation (i.e. fun programming puzzles, interesting math problems, philosophy, etc). Would like to advance far enough in my career to where I have abundance.

DeadlyDynasty
12-28-2017, 08:50 PM
1. Lose 20 lbs
2. Learn Russian
3. Don't get killed

spurraider21
12-28-2017, 09:00 PM
Once I got my first 9-5 after college was when I noticed this too. I had a bad diet in college but I was able to "out-exercise" it, and I was walking around a lot more. Once I started sitting for 8 hours a day, there was a lot of shit in my diet that I realized had to go, or atleast taken in less moderation, if I wanted to remain fit. Do you play any sports? It's always a good measuring stick to see where you're at.
i've already gotten the crap food out of my diet. cut soda out a couple years ago. i cut fast food almost completely. being conscious about having more greens/veggies. replaced sugar filled cereals with oatmeal, etc. i think i've been doing a pretty good job on the intake part.

we played basketball pretty regularly in law school, but i haven't played any sport regularly for months now, and i know that's bad. about a month ago i jogged like half a mile to my friends place and i was shot on breath and panting at that point. i'm pretty out of shape from a cardio perspective, so i need to get back in the habit of playing sports on a regular basis like i used to. i was never a gym rat or anything like that, i've just always been skinny, but i used to be pretty good with stamina/cardio stuff (always was the hustle guy in basketball/soccer)

Mark Celibate
12-28-2017, 09:10 PM
i've already gotten the crap food out of my diet. cut soda out a couple years ago. i cut fast food almost completely. being conscious about having more greens/veggies. replaced sugar filled cereals with oatmeal, etc. i think i've been doing a pretty good job on the intake part.

we played basketball pretty regularly in law school, but i haven't played any sport regularly for months now, and i know that's bad. about a month ago i jogged like half a mile to my friends place and i was shot on breath and panting at that point. i'm pretty out of shape from a cardio perspective, so i need to get back in the habit of playing sports on a regular basis like i used to. i was never a gym rat or anything like that, i've just always been skinny, but i used to be pretty good with stamina/cardio stuff (always was the hustle guy in basketball/soccer)

rofl, yeah cut soda out. literally nothing of benefit. tbh cutting all dairy and sugar made a huge difference with me. And just playing a sport makes thing fun. Just lifting weights and running gets ridiculously boring after awhile.

I stopped playing bball years ago and picked up sand volleyball to replace it, which is surprisingly fun and a great workout. Especially 2 on 2. Only problem is the scene kinda sucks here in Dallas :lol much more competitive down in Houston. I'm sure the level of play is insane out in California

SpursforSix
12-28-2017, 09:16 PM
I'm going to do more gonzo stuff in my downtime.

Chucho
12-28-2017, 11:56 PM
this aint better call saul :lol

it varies not only state by state, but also county by county. i could move somewhere shitty up north like mendocino county right now and get a job right away as a PD making less than 50k per year... or by comparison 200 miles away in Santa Clara county where they pay PD's six figures starting and is insanely competitive.

LA county and Ventura county are both competitive and pay well, but also expect applicants to have a good amount of crim trial experience going in. OC is not as tough, but Riverside is my best bet in the so-cal region.

Knew a few court room attorneys back home. Owned their own homes in older North Central neighborhoods and drove 10-20 year old cars and I know when I got put on probation in my teenage years, I had a PD and my fee was $200 to "pay" for his services- which were "give me $500 and we beat this" and "No? OK, let's go sign the paper work and get you on probation.".

Hope you get what you're looking for, Counselor.

spurraider21
12-29-2017, 01:01 AM
Knew a few court room attorneys back home. Owned their own homes in older North Central neighborhoods and drove 10-20 year old cars and I know when I got put on probation in my teenage years, I had a PD and my fee was $200 to "pay" for his services- which were "give me $500 and we beat this" and "No? OK, let's go sign the paper work and get you on probation.".

Hope you get what you're looking for, Counselor.
no problem with that. i drive a 10 year old civic and i'm not getting another car till that one dies, regardless of income

Chucho
12-29-2017, 01:21 AM
no problem with that. i drive a 10 year old civic and i'm not getting another car till that one dies, regardless of income

If you keep your maintenance on par, Hondas will run forever and you don't have to worry about derelict California trash stealing your Honda as it was made after 2002. Good fucking cars. I always hold products to the "Honda standard"- either they are standard bearers, like Honda vehicles, they are lesser or better. Case in point- Snap On Tools, Sony electronics, the San Antonio Spurs and so on...

benefactor
12-29-2017, 08:14 AM
Bench 400

Start the first stages of my relocation plan

Drink a little less

DarrinS
12-29-2017, 09:38 PM
Stop reading ST

IronMexican
12-29-2017, 10:13 PM
Make all state in larping

Larp more

baseline bum
12-30-2017, 02:06 AM
To watch a Spurs game this year

tlongII
12-30-2017, 01:04 PM
I’m going to continue to be incredibly awesome.

Spurtacular
12-31-2017, 08:46 AM
Make all state in larping

Larp more

I don't really know you. But what I've gathered, being less of an emo fag boy in the new year would be a good start for you.

AaronY
12-31-2017, 08:52 AM
Are there Mexican emos in LA? (srs question)

Spurtacular
12-31-2017, 09:40 AM
Are there Mexican emos in LA? (srs question)

More emo emus, tbh.

https://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Poor_3a8bf5_2850898.jpg

UNT Eagles 2016
12-31-2017, 10:52 AM
Make a lot of money

Sex a lot of wimminz

Forget monogamy

Blake
12-31-2017, 04:09 PM
1. Be less of an asshole (not completely unassholic, just less)

don't set the bar too high now

DMC
12-31-2017, 04:32 PM
don't set the bar too high now

advice from you isn't something I've ever sought out.

Blake
12-31-2017, 04:38 PM
advice from you isn't something I've ever sought out.

I'm not really giving you advice. I'm just making fun of your retarded resolution.

DMC
12-31-2017, 05:04 PM
I'm not really giving you advice. I'm just making fun of your retarded resolution.

Keep trying to be hard, cuck. It doesn't work.

Blake
12-31-2017, 05:18 PM
Keep trying to be hard, cuck. It doesn't work.

Trying to flip it on me doesn't make your resolution any less retarded.

DMC
12-31-2017, 05:22 PM

Why would you give 2 shits about my own resolution? Are you infatuated with me?

Avante
01-02-2018, 09:24 PM
There was a time as I tried to figure it all out where things did need to change from year to year. Constant adjustments looking to find the right groove. But just how long does it take until ya nail it, you finally got it? My workout routine is perfect as is everything else having to do my physical well being. There is nothing to improve on there. The family life took some time but that is figured out and smoothly rolls along. The reading, music, the me me and me is where I want it.

So to come up with a New Year's Resolution wasn't easy. But I did come up with.....

Be more understanding that not everyone shares my interests, so cool trying to sell ice cubes to Eskimos, they don't need them and I should know this.

Blake
01-03-2018, 03:14 PM
Why would you give 2 shits about my own resolution? Are you infatuated with me?

You posted a thread here. I opened it, read it, and laughed at it. That's about it, dumbass.

DMC
01-03-2018, 05:57 PM
You posted a thread here. I opened it, read it, and laughed at it. That's about it, dumbass.

Says the guy who told the world he's a cuck. :lol

Blake
01-03-2018, 06:53 PM

Using your line of reasoning, this off topic deflection implies you're infatuated with me.

spurraider21
01-03-2018, 07:45 PM
i dont think you know what cuck means

Chucho
01-03-2018, 09:34 PM

Yeah, "cuck" is different from "absolutely inadequate", "undesirable", "chump" and "fuck boy".

Chucho
01-03-2018, 10:25 PM
Gonna toot less blow.

Give a few more bucks to muh charities of choice.

.G.
01-03-2018, 11:13 PM
Did chumpdumper really die

DMC
01-04-2018, 12:39 AM

cuck·old
ˈkəkəld,ˈkəkōld/Submit
nounarchaic
the husband of an adulteress, often regarded as an object of derision

Now we all do.

Avante
01-04-2018, 01:21 AM

I'm only going do this one time Blake, so please pay attention.

What really is wrong with you, why this need to just pester everyone constantly? Are you really this big a jerk, well? All we ever see you doing is that sort of thing right there, why? A harmless New Years resolutions thread, light weight stuff and look at how you act, my God guy. Blake, you got problems, ok?

Blake, I get you must come back with something smartass but damn guy, are you really this miserable all the time?

Ok, you will be 100%/totally/completely ignored in 2018, I just wanted you to know how big a mess you really are. Show some class by not following me around, ok?

Adios

spurraider21
01-04-2018, 06:00 PM
avante is fat

DMC
01-04-2018, 06:14 PM

What really is wrong with you, why this need to just pester everyone constantly? Are you really this big a jerk, well? All we ever see you doing is that sort of thing right there, why? A harmless New Years resolutions thread, light weight stuff and look at how you act, my God guy. Blake, you got problems, ok?

Blake, I get you must come back with something smartass but damn guy, are you really this miserable all the time?

Ok, you will be 100%/totally/completely ignored in 2018, I just wanted you to know how big a mess you really are. Show some class by not following me around, ok?

Adios

I've counseled him in another thread, pretty sure he's convinced himself that the world is a horrible place and unworthy of his concern, but he has to keep watching because it's the greatest show on Earth.

Avante
01-04-2018, 10:28 PM
avante is fat

How about we all elevate our game in 2018, sound good? That sort of thing should be beneath us, ok?

Avante
01-04-2018, 10:34 PM
I've counseled him in another thread, pretty sure he's convinced himself that the world is a horrible place and unworthy of his concern, but he has to keep watching because it's the greatest show on Earth.

The guy appears to simply have a bad personality. I confess I trolled him a lot, but it really is time to move on from malcontents like Blake.

Chucho
01-04-2018, 10:36 PM

Adios

Pwnage.

Blake
01-04-2018, 11:51 PM
Ok, you will be 100%/totally/completely ignored in 2018

I give you the benefit of doubt to make it to February.

Blake
01-04-2018, 11:55 PM

That's deep.

Spurtacular
01-04-2018, 11:58 PM
The guy appears to simply have a bad personality. I confess I trolled him a lot, but it really is time to move on from malcontents like Blake.

My first experience with him was him taking lame-ass personal shots even though he had never actually engaged in convo/debate. That's why at first I thought he was just a snowflake's pile-on alt. It's even sadder that it's a primary account. :lol

Avante
01-05-2018, 12:17 AM
My first experience with him was him taking lame-ass personal shots even though he had never actually engaged in convo/debate. That's why at first I thought he was just a snowflake's pile-on alt. It's even sadder that it's a primary account. :lol

He tries way too hard to degrade, belittle others. He needs that for some weird reason. Yep, sad.

A few years ago I made this comment....keep an eye on Georgia frosh RB Nick Chubb....yep, just harmless football chatter. So after a so so performance, here comes this Blake guy....oh yeah well he only averaged...... huh? He actually had to play that, why? He really thoufght I was talking about one game?

Nick Chubb is the second all time SEC rusher as he leaves Georgia.

Best to just ignore the guy, but.....he will STILL follow you around begging for attention, how sad is that?

Blake
01-05-2018, 12:37 PM
He tries way too hard to degrade, belittle others. He needs that for some weird reason. Yep, sad.

A few years ago I made this comment....keep an eye on Georgia frosh RB Nick Chubb....yep, just harmless football chatter. So after a so so performance, here comes this Blake guy....oh yeah well he only averaged...... huh? He actually had to play that, why? He really thoufght I was talking about one game?

Nick Chubb is the second all time SEC rusher as he leaves Georgia.

Best to just ignore the guy, but.....he will STILL follow you around begging for attention, how sad is that?

The rent. It is free for all of 2018.

Chucho
01-05-2018, 12:55 PM
The rent. It is free for all of 2018.

Self-assurance post.

Blake
01-05-2018, 01:00 PM
Self-assurance post.

Nah, him "ignoring" me while writing a 3 paragraph rant about me is nothing new.

He'll talk to me or about me again, I absolutely guarantee it.

Chucho
01-05-2018, 01:01 PM
Nah, him "ignoring" me while writing a 3 paragraph rant about me is nothing new.

He'll talk to me or about me again, I absolutely guarantee it.

This is true.

Blake
01-05-2018, 01:04 PM

Lol personal shots.

I'd ask you to point to this "first experience" but you can't/won't.

Spurtacular
01-05-2018, 01:13 PM
Lol personal shots.

I'd ask you to point to this "first experience" but you can't/won't.

Do you doubt it? Do you think you came in like a diplomat and stuck to the issue(s)? :lol

Avante
01-05-2018, 01:49 PM
This is true.

Imagine following others around hoping they FINALLY say something to you, how sad is that? If you or anyone sees me responding to this Blake weirdo in 2018, I will deserve self bannishment, deal? No translation, no nothing, ok? He will be totally/completely/100% ignored starting right now. I'm tired of the freak.

Chucho
01-05-2018, 02:40 PM
Imagine following others around hoping they FINALLY say something to you, how sad is that? If you or anyone sees me responding to this Blake weirdo in 2018, I will deserve self bannishment, deal? No translation, no nothing, ok? He will be totally/completely/100% ignored starting right now. I'm tired of the freak.

What are your thoughts on Braun Stroman? Why are they sacrificing wasting his heat to give Lesanr to Roman Reigns at Mania?

Avante
01-05-2018, 03:25 PM
What are your thoughts on Braun Stroman? Why are they sacrificing wasting his heat to give Lesanr to Roman Reigns at Mania?

Since my son Mason changed jobs we haven't watched the rasslin' in a good month, it's all there on the DVR waiting. And when he has the time, so....???

But........as you know a huge % of a rasslers appeal is those mic skills (just ask Dusty Rhodes) that isn't Stroman. He's just a freak of nature which gets boring.

Just think, there is nobody in the NFL who he couldn't knock back in a scum. A legit big bad monstrosity.

Blake
01-05-2018, 04:57 PM
Do you doubt it? Do you think you came in like a diplomat and stuck to the issue(s)? :lol

I don't care about you enough to take a personal shot.

If you say something stupid, I'll probably call your statement stupid. If you keep repeating it, I'll probably call you yourself stupid.

That's about it.

Blake
01-05-2018, 04:58 PM

That took all of 3 hours to fulfill the guarantee.

pgardn
01-05-2018, 06:23 PM

If you say something stupid, I'll probably call your statement stupid. If you keep repeating it, I'll probably call you yourself stupid.

That's about it.

You are going to be calling Spurter frequently, hourly, most likely.
And the Avante-Spurter bonding is just precious, great stuff...

Avante
01-05-2018, 06:27 PM
You are going to be calling Spurter frequently, hourly, most likely.
And the Avante-Spurter bonding is just precious, great stuff...

You worry way too much about other posters, why? We always have a slew of topics in these threads to kick around, yet you mostly yakyak about me and others, that's what women do.

Blake
01-05-2018, 08:56 PM
You worry way too much about other posters, why?

That's rich

Spurtacular
01-05-2018, 09:51 PM

That's about it.

You came in with attacks and no salient points on the issue being discussed (on several occasions). I don't know why you're bothered by this; were you just not aware that you're a bit of a butt?

pgardn
01-05-2018, 10:30 PM
You worry way too much about other posters, why? We always have a slew of topics in these threads to kick around, yet you mostly yakyak about me and others, that's what women do.

Of course I worry about you.
Family rely on you and I'm not sure if you will make it thru the day without strangling yourself in your own shoe strings. I suggested Velcro, but nooooo, you wouldn't have it.

Avante
01-05-2018, 10:46 PM
Of course I worry about you.
Family rely on you and I'm not sure if you will make it thru the day without strangling yourself in your own shoe strings. I suggested Velcro, but nooooo, you wouldn't have it.

Like all your stuff, yep. lame.

Blake
01-05-2018, 11:17 PM
You came in with attacks and no salient points on the issue being discussed (on several occasions). I don't know why you're bothered by this; were you just not aware that you're a bit of a butt?

Lol attacks. It's a message board. Relax.

Spurtacular
01-05-2018, 11:25 PM
Lol attacks. It's a message board. Relax.

I didn't say I was bothered. This apparently got to you though.

Blake
01-06-2018, 10:02 AM
I didn't say I was bothered. This apparently got to you though.

You didn't have to say you were bothered.

No, calling me a butt didn't get to me. That might be the tamest thing I've been called here ever.

Spurtacular
01-06-2018, 12:45 PM
You didn't have to say you were bothered.

No, calling me a butt didn't get to me. That might be the tamest thing I've been called here ever.

Yea, I guess cucks are used to taking much more abuse.

Blake
01-06-2018, 01:17 PM
Yea, I guess cucks are used to taking much more abuse.

:cry personal attacks tho