:pop: "I stayed at a Holiday Inn and I rest players"

<bang> Rudy Gay hurt

<swoop> Danny Green hurt

:pop: "I'm a genius!"

SMDH

SAGirl
12-28-2017, 11:05 PM
of course... he rested everyone and lost Kyle in that OKC game too,

<step on your foot in the paint> <bang> <twist knee> lucky it was only a grade 1 mcl sprain and he's 24 years young.

-----------------------

Outside of the trolling. This season has been uncharacteristic with all these injuries. but if they get them now and not in the playoffs, one can hope.

Last season they were all in good health for most of the season (except that GAsol hand surgery, but he came back on schedule and without minutes management, looking real good righ away)...

Anyways, healthy all season, but come the playoffs kaput. one by one, the people's of middle earth started falling... and all that jazz.

Chinook
12-28-2017, 11:06 PM
It's odd that Pop is using Danny like a bar of soap when Kawhi sat out after looking fine two days ago. Unlike Leonard, Green clearly needs to rest and get this injury healed up. The team can't afford to lose Danny to a long-term injury.

sananspursfan21
12-28-2017, 11:08 PM
Oh man, was this team on the Madden cover and I didn't know it?

ElNono
12-28-2017, 11:09 PM
This is not trolling son... he needs to get over himself and stop trying to control things he can't control. You can't control injuries.

Also this bullshit of saying Kawhi's not going to play 30 mins before the game is a big fuck you to the fans that spend their hard earned money to go watch the team's star...

For a person that talks so much about character and integrity, he needs to step up his own game, tbh...

spursistan
12-28-2017, 11:10 PM
One of the most overrated basketball trends/shticks of the era that this organization and its coach have popularized..

Fact is a lot of this injury shit is down to luck and genetics and can't be prevented by micromanaging.. ..

timtonymanu
12-28-2017, 11:10 PM
This is not trolling son... he needs to get over himself and stop trying to control things he can't control. You can't control injuries.

Also this bullshit of saying Kawhi's not going to play 30 mins before the game is a big fuck you to the fans that spend their hard earned money to go watch the team's star...

For a person that talks so much about character and integrity, he needs to step up his own game, tbh...

Truth bombs, but the media will keep eating that shit up :cry Pop for president! :cry he’s a genius

Floyd Pacquiao
12-28-2017, 11:13 PM
It's odd that Pop is using Danny like a bar of soap when Kawhi sat out after looking fine two days ago. Unlike Leonard, Green clearly needs to rest and get this injury healed up. The team can't afford to lose Danny to a long-term injury.

Exactly. What the fuck is pop thinking, every game I see Danny limping around with his groin injury yet low and behold pop throws him out there like he hates him.

I don't get Pop and his bullshit...

ElNono
12-28-2017, 11:14 PM
Already hesitant to buy tix for the Philly game since its a back to back... talk about ruining the product, tbh...

BG_Spurs_Fan
12-28-2017, 11:16 PM
Spurs have been bottom 5 in games lost to injuries the last couple of seasons, despite having an old main rotation.

Pop's doing fine resting people and finding minutes for other players. He's got a deep and talented bench.

UZER
12-28-2017, 11:16 PM
Pop has run his course. He needs to retire.

I keep telling yall, it's just shtick now, not real coaching.

Robz4000
12-28-2017, 11:17 PM
Already hesitant to buy tix for the Philly game since its a back to back... talk about ruining the product, tbh...

Don't. I can guarantee a good portion of the team will miss that game with the other half missing the second Knicks game.

TheGreatYacht
Parker needs a damn rest after covering up the 250 pound of Aussie lard's shit

timtonymanu

I stopped going to Blazers games because of that. Gotta love pop throwing that quote of saying rich people don’t need that much money but he’s here wasting peoples bank accounts with the resting schtick.

Robz4000
12-28-2017, 11:18 PM
Spurs have been bottom 5 in games lost to injuries the last couple of seasons, despite having an old main rotation.

Pop's doing fine resting people and finding minutes for other players. He's got a deep and talented bench.

This bench isn't deep nor talented. They have 9 1/2 NBA caliber players on the roster, with at least one of those players out a game.

Crazymaddopeyo
12-28-2017, 11:19 PM
Shut up already, we’re winning and injuries happen. He’s trying to persevere a career. Just because you want to see a player doesn’t mean they should play.

TheGreatYacht
12-28-2017, 11:20 PM
On a more serious note....

This isn't Pop's fault :lol It's Drunkford's for depending on 35+yr old fucks to stay healthy, and then buying cheap injury prone players like Rudy because he completely fucked up free agency with 12:01am deals. Not to mention Kawhi has never made it thru a whole season without an injury.

This is just a mess of a roster. A 31yr old Danny max extension isn't out of the realm....

Crazymaddopeyo
12-28-2017, 11:20 PM
This bench isn't deep nor talented. They have 9 1/2 NBA caliber players on the roster, with at least one of those players out a game.
So the most important part of that post still holds up then. Bottom 5.

dabom
12-28-2017, 11:21 PM
Parker needs a damn rest after covering up the 250 pound of Aussie lard's shit

Porker can retire that fat POS. :lol

UZER
12-28-2017, 11:21 PM

This isn't Pop's fault :lol It's Drunkford's for depending on 35+yr old fucks to stay healthy, and then buying cheap injury prone players like Rudy because he completely fucked up free agency with 12:01am deals. Not to mention Kawhi has never played made it thru a whole season without an injury.

:lol thinking RC is in charge.

BG_Spurs_Fan
12-28-2017, 11:22 PM

14 players averaging at least 10 minutes per game on a winning team isn't deep? OK.

ElNono
12-28-2017, 11:22 PM

This isn't Pop's fault :lol It's Drunkford's for depending on 35+yr old fucks to stay healthy, and then buying cheap injury prone players like Rudy because he completely fucked up free agency with 12:01am deals. Not to mention Kawhi has never played made it thru a whole season without an injury.

Everybody is getting hurt now, young, old... Anderson, Danny, Kawhi is 26(?)... just stop trying to control what you can't control. Play your best players, and if somebody gets hurt, they get hurt. Part of the game, tbh...

Crazymaddopeyo
12-28-2017, 11:23 PM
Pop loses either way. He rests players dumb shits complain. If he were to play Kawhi every game and Kawhi got hurt, well dumb shits also complain.

TheGreatYacht
12-28-2017, 11:23 PM
Porker can retire that fat POS. :lol
35 year old outplaying your favorite player. Couldn't be me :lol

TheGreatYacht
12-28-2017, 11:24 PM
:lol thinking RC is in charge.
He's in charge of the wheel while intoxicated. That's for sure.

UZER
12-28-2017, 11:25 PM
Pop loses either way. He rests players dumb shits complain. If he were to play Kawhi every game and Kawhi got hurt, well dumb shits also complain.

This isn't just about this year with Kawhi.

Robz4000
So the most important part of that post still holds up then. Bottom 5.

I wasn't responding the the first part of that post. The Spurs aren't deep and talented; they have average talent at best outside Kawhi, and unfornately a lot of that talent is repetitive.

SAGirl
Well... I have to ask you ElNono, since you say you aren't trolling...
Do you really think Kawhi has nothing on that hamstring at this point?

-----------------------

Also, to Chinook, yup Danny looks like he is the one needing the rest.

-------------------------
Also, without Rudy Gay if he needs to heal that sore ankle out... we shall see a lot of Joff and Davis again. right?

Leetonidas
12-28-2017, 11:26 PM
I stopped going to Blazers games because of that. Gotta love pop throwing that quote of saying rich people don’t need that much money but he’s here wasting peoples bank accounts with the resting schtick.

Agree. I really want to see spurs and cavs next month but i dont wanna drop a couple hundred bucks and have Poop play some “not gonna show my hand” bullshit and sits the big guns for shits and giggles.

ElNono
12-28-2017, 11:27 PM

Nobody complained when Kawhi was playing all games and he got hurt... And he did get hurt every damn season... At least while he played, fans got their money's worth... The complain, if any, was Kawhi being injury prone.

Pop isn't Thibs that runs his players to the ground, because besides of rest, he also plays a long rotation with short minutes.

dabom
12-28-2017, 11:27 PM
35 year old outplaying your favorite player. Couldn't be me :lol

That fat POS couldn't even last 2 rounds before injuring himself. :lmao

16mil to relax in a hospital bed. Should thank his lucky stars MVPatty ball'ed out in '14. :lobt2:

ElNono
12-28-2017, 11:28 PM
Well... I have to ask you ElNono, since you say you aren't trolling...
Do you really think Kawhi has nothing on that hamstring at this point?

Players play banged up all the time. How many times have we heard Manu or Tony talking Pop into playing them?

I mean, if it's that bad, why is he out there warming up? Worse yet, if it's that bad why is he a gametime decision?

daslicer
12-28-2017, 11:30 PM

One of the things I was fortunate to have going for me for many years by living in Charlotte was that Duncan had a lot of family members and friends that lived throughout NC. Also it was where Duncan played college ball. Whenever the Spurs played the Hornets it was always a guarantee Duncan was going to play. Pop never dared to ever rest Duncan for the Hornet games regardless of how bad their record was because he knew Duncan would not allow it. That was a privilege I enjoyed for many years that I didn't have to worry about the rest bs when the Spurs came to town.

ElNono
12-28-2017, 11:31 PM
You really wanna know what it is? His job is not on the line, and he knows that, and he doesn't care anymore.

Any other coach plays the best players because if they don't, it's their job on the line.

Robz4000
14 players averaging at least 10 minutes per game on a winning team isn't deep? OK.

Playing a large rotation =/= a team being talented. They play due to necessity and because the Spurs have to play somebody. If you think the likes of Brandon Paul is getting minutes on another playoff team I don't know what to tell you.

TheGreatYacht
That fat POS couldn't even last 2 rounds before injuring himself. :lmao

16mil to relax in a hospital bed. Should thank his lucky stars MVPatty ball'ed out in '14. :lobt2:
Mind giving me Fatty's WCF stats? :lmao

Parker was in a hospital bed and still had better metrics than that obese aboriginal. In before you bring up the Rockets series where he rode Simmons, Aldridge, and Green's coattails :lmao

dabom
12-28-2017, 11:32 PM
Players play banged up all the time. How many times have we heard Manu or Tony talking Pop into playing them?

I mean, if it's that bad, why is he out there warming up? Worse yet, if it's that bad why is he a gametime decision?

Don't play that shtick with Kawhi. Kawhi forced himself to play injured. Now it's time to play it safe in the RS. No one gives a shit about the RS either. Not Duncan, Manu, or Porker.

dabom
12-28-2017, 11:33 PM
Mind giving me Fatty's WCF stats? :lmao

Parker was in a hospital bed and still had better metrics than that obese aboriginal. In before you bring up the Rockets series where he rode Simmons, Aldridge, and Green's coattails :lmao
Porker fluffer talking about the playoffs. :lmao

Robz4000
12-28-2017, 11:33 PM

You really wanna know what it is? His job is not on the line, and he knows that, and he doesn't care anymore.

Any other coach plays the best players because if they don't, it's their job on the line.

You can preach truth all day, but at this point PATFO apologists won't hear any of it. They're as much set in their ways as Kirbystan.

TheGreatYacht
12-28-2017, 11:34 PM
Porker fluffer talking about the playoffs. :lmao
Deflecting from this :lmao

Pity Mills in the WCF (30.2MPG):
7.8ppg, 2.3rpg, 3.3apg, 1.5TO, 24.3FG%, 21.7 3P%

$50,000,000 :lmao
RC "Product of Duncan & Presti" Buford :lmao

ElNono
12-28-2017, 11:34 PM
Don't play that shtick with Kawhi. Kawhi forced himself to play injured. Now it's time to play it safe in the RS. No one gives a shit about the RS either. Not Duncan, Manu, or Porker.

Here's the thing, I have zero doubts Kawhi wanted to play. He wouldn't be warming up otherwise.

And don't give me the regular season thing... this team needs home court maybe even more than any other year.

dabom
12-28-2017, 11:36 PM
Here's the thing, I have zero doubts Kawhi wanted to play. He wouldn't be warming up otherwise.

And don't give me the regular season thing... this team needs home court maybe even more than any other year.

Thinking about gunning for the RS when the Warriors are out there. :lmao

We only need to have a higher seen than Lebron. That's it. Other coaches need to prove they can win 50 games. Pop does that with his eyes close.

dabom
12-28-2017, 11:37 PM
Deflecting from this :lmao

Patty closes out now. And was last year too. Porker is shit. :lmao

ElNono
12-28-2017, 11:39 PM
Thinking about gunning for the RS when the Warriors are out there. :lmao

We only need to have a higher seen than the Lebron. That's it. Other coaches need to prove they can win 50 games. Pop does that with his eyes close.

Can we at least get HCA over Houston? Do you really want to play Frauden and CP0 in Houston with the calls they get? Have you seen us playing on the road?

We have no margin. Duncan ain't walking through that door and SuperManu is long retired, tbh...

Plus, at this rate, with this "genius resting" we're going to have half the team in the injured list by February...

ElNono
12-28-2017, 11:40 PM
I mean, if Kawhi is done for the season, just fucking tank. What's the point of being 1st or 2nd round fodder?

TheGreatYacht
12-28-2017, 11:40 PM
Patty closes out now. And was last year too. Porker is shit. :lmao
I mean, someone has to close in garbage time when all the good players are out :lmao

Benched for a dude that can't shoot anything but an Instagram video :lmao

lil'mo
12-28-2017, 11:41 PM
Elnono I thought you were better than this

dabom
12-28-2017, 11:42 PM
Can we at least get HCA over Houston? Do you really want to play Frauden and CP0 in Houston with the calls they get? Have you seen us playing on the road?

We have no margin. Duncan ain't walking through that door and SuperManu is long retired, tbh...

Plus, at this rate, with this "genius resting" we're going to have half the team in the injured list by February...

Yeah, but if Kawhi get's injured again, their ain't no playoffs at all. Well yeah we'll play probably, but not for anything.

Like you said, we have zero margin for error. We got no SuperManu or GoaDuncan. Kawhi is the franchise for many years. We aren't gonna fuck with that for the present RS.

ElNono
12-28-2017, 11:43 PM
Elnono I thought you were better than this

Pop quit coaching after 2014, IMO... made a thread about that a year later... nothing has changed since, IMO.

ElNono
12-28-2017, 11:45 PM
Yeah, but if Kawhi get's injured again, their ain't no playoffs at all. Well yeah we'll play probably, but not for anything.

Like you said, we have zero margin for error. We got no SuperManu or GoaDuncan. Kawhi is the franchise for many years. We aren't gonna fuck with that for the present RS.

You can't control injuries. It's a contact sport. Some players will get hurt, some won't.

I bet you "genius Poop" didn't think Danny, Anderson, Rudy, Joff will all get hurt... he can't control that. Not with all those guys, not with Kawhi.

If Kawhi is cleared to play, he should just play, and get over it. Maybe rest him back to backs, whatever.

dabom
12-28-2017, 11:45 PM
I mean, someone has to close in garbage time when all the good players are out :lmao

Benched for a dude that can't shoot anything but an Instagram video :lmao

Spurs were looking good without Porker in the Playoffs. :lol

Kawhi going down kinda ruined all that. But it proves Porker was never needed. Dude is a shit bag already. :lmao

dabom
12-28-2017, 11:46 PM
You can't control injuries. It's a contact sport. Some players will get hurt, some won't.

I bet you "genius Poop" didn't think Danny, Anderson, Rudy, Joff will all get hurt... he can't control that. Not with all those guys, not with Kawhi.

If Kawhi is cleared to play, he should just play, and get over it. Maybe rest him back to backs, whatever.

Yeah you can't control injuries but you can reduce the likelyhood it happens again. What part don't you understand?

Hoops Czar
12-28-2017, 11:46 PM

Even as early as two years ago, you we're defending Pop and his antics. You've changed a lot since Harlem's passing. I don't know, maybe nobody to impress anymore. I kinda like the new and improved ElNono. Keep up the good work, son.

SAGirl
12-28-2017, 11:48 PM

I am on board with that, which is why I have all along been concerned Kawhi really isn't well.
No way to know for sure.

Hoops Czar
12-28-2017, 11:49 PM
Yeah you can't control injuries but you can reduce the likelyhood it happens again. What part don't you understand?
Not really.

ElNono
12-28-2017, 11:49 PM

If that's the case, why are we risking LMA out there? Sit him until 2018... he's just as important for any championship aspirations. We're not going anywhere with half the team hurt either.

What part of you can't control injuries you don't understand?

dabom
12-28-2017, 11:50 PM
Not really.

Yes really you dumb fuck.

:cry injuries happen all the time, guy needs to play 40 a night all the games after a serious injury :cry

dabom
12-28-2017, 11:51 PM
If that's the case, why are we risking LMA out there? Sit him until 2018... he's just as important for any championship aspirations. We're not going anywhere with half the team hurt either.

What part of you can't control injuries you don't understand?

LMA always paces himself. He is always on gear one. RS warrior. He hasn't had big injuries. He can play. Need any more info?

ElNono
12-28-2017, 11:52 PM
Even as early as two years ago, you we're defending Pop and his antics. You've changed a lot since Harlem's passing. I don't know, maybe nobody to impress anymore. I kinda like the new and improved ElNono. Keep up the good work, son.

Son, I've been preaching this for a while, tbh...

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260234

Poop doesn't care anymore, tbh...

Hoops Czar
12-28-2017, 11:54 PM
Yes really you dumb fuck.

:cry injuries happen all the time, guy needs to play 40 a night all the games after a serious injury :cry

Was Tony's injury not that serious that he gets to play most days And Leonard needs at least two days off after every 20 minutes of court time?

coachmac87
12-28-2017, 11:55 PM
Y'all really bitching about regular season??

Can we see where we stand with injuries/rotation after the ASB/Rodeo??

SpursTalk acts like they've got all the answers and think their blogging asses are the ones heading to the HOF

ElNono
LMA always paces himself. He is always on gear one. RS warrior. He hasn't had big injuries. He can play. Need any more info?

Kawhi averages the least amount of MPG of any 'star' in the league... so 'pacing' isn't it. Any other excuse you wanna throw out there?

(And I'm not even blaming Kawhi, I'm blaming Poop)

dabom
Was Tony's injury not that serious that he gets to play most days And Leonard needs at least two days off after every 20 minutes of court time?

We'll we have a good and decent PG that can replace him in the playoffs. Kawhi hasn't had a legit back-up 3 his whole Spurs career. And he's the Franchise. Not some washed up PG.

Bill_Brasky
12-28-2017, 11:56 PM
Resting players isn't about preventing injuries. It's about extending the career of the player. The more years they play, the more chances a fan has to see them play.

dabom
12-28-2017, 11:58 PM
Kawhi averages the least amount of MPG of any 'star' in the league... so 'pacing' isn't it. Any other excuse you wanna throw out there?

The total minutes and energy exerted per minute are different. Not all players play at such a high gear as Kawhi. I think you would know that by now. Kawhi is a fucking athletic tank with a crazy motor. He basically does everything for this fucking team when he is out there. :lmao

dabom
12-28-2017, 11:59 PM
I'm out of this fucking pleb thread. Answered so many shit questions. :lol

I think we already understand what's at stake here.

And nono just mad he doesn't wanna waste money on tickets and not see Kawhi. Selfish really.

Trainwreck2100
12-29-2017, 12:00 AM

don't front, you're buying the tickets

ElNono
12-29-2017, 12:03 AM
don't front, you're buying the tickets

well, damn... (checks stubhub)

ElNono
12-29-2017, 12:04 AM
The total minutes and energy exerted per minute are different. Not all players play at such a high gear as Kawhi. I think you would know that by now. Kawhi is a fucking athletic tank with a crazy motor. He basically does everything for this fucking team when he is out there. :lmao

Duncan was never babied like this, period. He played with a bone on bone knee. Don't wanna hear any more excuses.

Maybe Kawhi needs to alpha up and remind Poop who's the franchise now...

Chucho
12-29-2017, 12:06 AM
With Pop doing 2006-2010 Pop shit, who do you think from his tree would be the best replacement, even if their leaf fell from the tree years ago?

Robz4000
12-29-2017, 12:18 AM
With Pop doing 2006-2010 Pop shit, who do you think from his tree would be the best replacement, even if their leaf fell from the tree years ago?

Messing or Udoka for now. If Coach Bud or Brown become free doe...

Chucho
12-29-2017, 12:31 AM

Budenholzer is a wet dream for me. Considering what he did with that 60 win Hawk team, imagine what he could do with this roster as is, right now. Throw out aging dudes in the next two years and hopefully DM continues to grow a bit where he's at least a consistent, legit starter, LMA doesn't fall off a cliff and we land a few other Spurs-level pieces with Kawhi in his prime, oh man...

ElNono
12-29-2017, 12:48 AM

Add Kerr to that list

Spurtacular
12-29-2017, 12:53 AM

Yea, buyer beware.

Spurtacular
12-29-2017, 12:55 AM

I'm gonna allow it for this year cos the three seed is likely, we learn to play w/o Kawhi, and maybe it actually will make him fresher and less injury prone come the playoffs, and Kawhi ain't winning any major awards after missing however many games.

ElNono
12-29-2017, 01:04 AM
I'm gonna allow it for this year cos the three seed is likely, we learn to play w/o Kawhi, and maybe it actually will make him fresher and less injury prone come the playoffs, and Kawhi ain't winning any major awards after missing however many games.

Oh ok

Crazymaddopeyo
12-29-2017, 01:06 AM
Nobody complained when Kawhi was playing all games and he got hurt... And he did get hurt every damn season... At least while he played, fans got their money's worth... The complain, if any, was Kawhi being injury prone.

Pop isn't Thibs that runs his players to the ground, because besides of rest, he also plays a long rotation with short minutes.
I’m talking about his current situation. Playing Kawhi normal minutes after he just returned from an injury he should’ve healed from long before he actually healed.

Spurtacular
12-29-2017, 01:23 AM
Oh ok

Until I change my mind; cos fuck Pop.

ElNono
12-29-2017, 01:26 AM
I’m talking about his current situation. Playing Kawhi normal minutes after he just returned from an injury he should’ve healed from long before he actually healed.

The lack of actual info is another issue with this organization. You have to more or less wait for a wojbomb to really find out what’s going on. That shit doesn’t fly on a bigger market.

Hoops Czar
12-29-2017, 01:39 AM
Add Kerr to that list
Not from his tree, but what about Pep? Do you think he'd be interested? He doesn't like to lose.

vander
12-29-2017, 01:53 AM
Well I, for one, like watching the Spurs without Kawhi. Kawhiso is boring af, save him for the playoffs so Spurs can lose to GS in 5 or 6 instead of 4.

Hoops Czar
12-29-2017, 02:02 AM
Well I, for one, like watching the Spurs without Kawhi. Kawhiso is boring af, save him for the playoffs so Spurs can lose to GS in 5 or 6 instead of 4.

If a Kawhiso is boring, What would you call a LMAiso?

vander
12-29-2017, 03:31 AM
If a Kawhiso is boring, What would you call a LMAiso?
He's a little quicker about it. Doesn't seem to take up the bulk of the shot clock with the other 4 guys just standing and watching.

BG_Spurs_Fan
12-29-2017, 04:54 AM
Playing a large rotation =/= a team being talented. They play due to necessity and because the Spurs have to play somebody. If you think the likes of Brandon Paul is getting minutes on another playoff team I don't know what to tell you.

Surely playing a large rotation of bad players due to necessity would lead to a bad record then? Because the current 55 win pace is not due to Kawhi's play, right?

Robz4000
12-29-2017, 05:28 AM
Surely playing a large rotation of bad players due to necessity would lead to a bad record then? Because the current 55 win pace is not due to Kawhi's play, right?

We've seen this song and dance before from 2008 to 2011. The Spurs have a core of really good players, but the roster outside that core is lacking. The play of said core players has also netted the Spurs a large amount of success in close games that have helped pad the record.

BG_Spurs_Fan
12-29-2017, 05:41 AM
We've seen this song and dance before from 2008 to 2011. The Spurs have a core of really good players, but the roster outside that core is lacking. The play of said core players has also netted the Spurs a large amount of success in close games that have helped pad the record.

Yes, we've seen it from 2012 to 2014 too.

Robz4000
12-29-2017, 05:51 AM
Yes, we've seen it from 2012 to 2014 too.

The 2012-2017 Spurs actually had proven depth. This year's version doesn't even have a third big.

spursgu
12-29-2017, 06:04 AM
Y'all really bitching about regular season??

Can we see where we stand with injuries/rotation after the ASB/Rodeo??

SpursTalk acts like they've got all the answers and think their blogging asses are the ones heading to the HOF

:lol so accurate.

Stabula
12-29-2017, 07:00 AM
Resting doesn't lead to more injuries. Just bad luck combined with the frequency of games.

YGWHI
12-29-2017, 07:02 AM
He's a little quicker about it. Doesn't seem to take up the bulk of the shot clock with the other 4 guys just standing and watching.

Really? Pop has overused/abused of 4-down this season with LMA in the paint. Only if he gets double-teamed he passes... Sadly, this offense is so predictable in 2017/18 NBA.

It was great with Tim Duncan in the early 2000's. But LMA isn't dominant like Duncan and after almost 20 years I would say it has become very antiquated.

YGWHI
12-29-2017, 07:15 AM

Or it's time to leave San Antonio.

Like I've said before, Pop has become more conservative than ever about minutes management, the two bigs style over small ball, the iso/mid-range when all is about space-space and three-point shooting in the league, sitting the hot hand because "minutes/rotation", the offseason questionable decisions...He won't change at this point.

If a player wants to win a ship in today NBA, he needs to join other superstars on a team with a modern game-style.

That article of Moore about Pop being the best coach but also being too much reluctant to adjust has cost the team at least 2 playoffs series in 2015 and 2016.

bic50
12-29-2017, 07:50 AM
Or it's time to leave San Antonio.

Like I've said before, Pop has become more conservative than ever about minutes management, the two bigs style over small ball, the iso/mid-range when all is about space-space and three-point shooting in the league, sitting the hot hand because "minutes/rotation", the offseason questionable decisions...He won't change at this point.

If a player wants to win a ship in today NBA, he needs to join other superstars on a team with a modern game-style.

That article of Moore about Pop being the best coach but also being too much reluctant to adjust has cost the team at least 2 playoffs series in 2015 and 2016.
Agreed. I honestly believe pop wanted to retire a few years ago. From what I understand pop staying as the coach was part of the deal for lma to join the team. He just seems to have lost that hunger and is just there.

bic50
12-29-2017, 07:52 AM
Duncan was never babied like this, period. He played with a bone on bone knee. Don't wanna hear any more excuses.

My guess is since the Spurs are winning games without no Kawhi that pop sees no reason to rush him back.

Old School 44
12-29-2017, 08:03 AM
TODAY
Kawhi: Why am I resting so much?
Pop: Son, I want you to have a long and prosperous career. I don't want you to go out like a Derrick Rose, Brandon Roy, Joakim Noam.
I care about you as a person, not just as a basketball player.

CONTRACT TIME:
Kawhi: Friends say I should hookup with other superstars in LA and play for a title.
Pop: Do what you think is best for you son, don't worry about me. Just know I care about you and love you.
Kawhi: You know, you've always been like a father to me and I appreciate it.

MEDIA INTERVIEW:
ESPN: So why did you resign with the Spurs versus the super team in LA.
Kawhi: Pop

dabom
12-29-2017, 08:07 AM
I can bet anyone $100 Kawhi stays a Spurs for the next 3 years.

YGWHI
12-29-2017, 08:13 AM
CONTRACT TIME:
Kawhi: Friends say I should hookup with other superstars in LA and play for a title.
Pop: Do what you think is best for you son, don't worry about me. Just know I care about you and love you.
Kawhi: You know, you've always been like a father to me and I appreciate it.

Friends will tell him that if Pop loves him in the way he says, he should pay him that max money. How do FOs show love in contract talks? With $$$$

I guess all this "love as a person not just as a baller" thing will end badly when the Spurs don't put the money on the table...

YGWHI
12-29-2017, 08:15 AM
I can bet anyone $100 Kawhi stays a Spurs for the next 3 years.

Do you mean for the rest of his current contract? A safe bet.

Anyway, we're not talking about this contract, we'll talking about the next...

Chinook
12-29-2017, 08:17 AM

But what is the Spurs' core right now? Many folks would argue that it starts and ends with Kawhi, and he obviously can't be used to explain the wins so far this year. I agree with you that starting in 2011, the team had a 4-8 or so that were well above their counterparts on other teams. The Medium Three, Diaw and Patty moved into the team's core and gave them a huge advantage over other rosters even if they lacked the 1-3 that Miami or OKC had. That was lightning in a bottle though, and no one should expect the team to be able to replicate that so long as Kawhi and LMA are making the max and guys like Pau and Mills are getting deals that are at least market value. There was a time when the salaries Tim, Boris, Danny and Kawhi combined to fit into a max slot. It was a huge reason why they were able to get a title. LMA took less, and Kawhi may or may not follow suit on his next extension. But they aren't giving up what Tim and Tony did to keep the team together.

dabom
12-29-2017, 08:18 AM
Do you mean for the rest of his current contract? A safe bet.

Anyway, we're not talking about this contract, we'll talking about the next...

20-21 season is not on his current contract.

dabom
12-29-2017, 08:19 AM
3 years from now is 12/29/2020. Which would be the 2020-2021 season. He would have signed another contract by then.

YGWHI
12-29-2017, 08:21 AM
20-21 season is not on his current contract.
Right. He'll hit FA in that season.

dabom
12-29-2017, 08:31 AM
I know my dude YG means well but Kawhi not going anywhere. We all care about Kawhi and want him to succeed. The grass ain't greener somewhere else. He is also not gonna leave all that money and friends to coattail some players.

dabom
12-29-2017, 08:32 AM
Kawhi's biggest contract was 5 year 90 mil after 4 years on a rookie contract. :lol

Dude needs that cheese.

YGWHI
12-29-2017, 08:34 AM
Agreed. I honestly believe pop wanted to retire a few years ago. From what I understand pop staying as the coach was part of the deal for lma to join the team. He just seems to have lost that hunger and is just there.

But he still has two other assistant coaches...I can't believe no one told him that was a mistake to play less minutes Kawhi/Danny/LMA in OKC series.

Boris and West were outrebounded by OKC bigs, more LMA's minutes would have solved the issue.

The same with Russ and KD killing Mills Manu Parker...Kawhi and Danny playing more minutes would have made more sense.

Kawhi was fantastic in game 5 but he opted to go to LMA and Parker in two consecutive plays to close the game when they were shooting like shit all night?

Boban in a desperate way in the last game of the series?

Why he didn't go with the hot hand in one of the best Mills playoffs series as Spur in 2015 instead of playing an injured Parker?

I love Pop but sometimes it's very frustrating how he's reluctant to adjustments

BG_Spurs_Fan
12-29-2017, 08:37 AM
Right. He'll hit FA in that season.

No way.

YGWHI
12-29-2017, 08:47 AM
No way.
Until last playoffs, I was the guy calling idiot fans who were saying he'll leave...I guess I'm frustrated now but can see a bit more from this Kawhi's situation.

Take a pay cut for what? To give someone like Pau other $48M contract?

I wouldn't take the extension for granted

BG_Spurs_Fan
12-29-2017, 08:53 AM
Until last playoffs, I was the guy calling idiot fans who were saying he'll leave...I guess I'm frustrated now but can see a bit more from this Kawhi's situation.

Take a pay cut for what? To give someone like Pau other $48M contract?

I wouldn't take the extension for granted

He'll either get his supermax this summer, which will kick in in 2019 and won't be a FA in the 20-21 season, which is the most likely scenario.

Or he won't sign the supermax and will be a FA in 2019, as he won't be taking his player option, so he won't be a FA in 20-21 again.

bklynspursfan
12-29-2017, 09:17 AM

Basically. People here will find something to whine about regardless. It is what it is. Let em' think they know what's best lol

ElNono
12-29-2017, 09:29 AM
Basically. People here will find something to whine about regardless. It is what it is. Let em' think they know what's best lol

:lol all we can do, tbh... not like Poop reads this shit or gonna get fired

pgardn
12-29-2017, 10:39 AM
:pop: "I stayed at a Holiday Inn and I rest players"

<bang> Rudy Gay hurt

<swoop> Danny Green hurt

:pop: "I'm a genius!"

SMDH

We gotta another Pop/Witchdoctor thread.
El Nono just slinging pins at dolls.

UZER
12-29-2017, 11:12 AM
But he still has two other assistant coaches...I can't believe no one told him that was a mistake to play less minutes Kawhi/Danny/LMA in OKC series.

Boris and West were outrebounded by OKC bigs, more LMA's minutes would have solved the issue.

The same with Russ and KD killing Mills Manu Parker...Kawhi and Danny playing more minutes would have made more sense.

Kawhi was fantastic in game 5 but he opted to go to LMA and Parker in two consecutive plays to close the game when they were shooting like shit all night?

Boban in a desperate way in the last game of the series?

Why he didn't go with the hot handin one of the best Mills playoffs series as Spur in 2015 instead of playing an injured Parker?

I love Pop but sometimes it's very frustrating how he's reluctant to adjustments

I'm smarter than hot hands.

Also, because new planets.

:pop:

YGWHI
12-29-2017, 11:18 AM

I... :shootme

Phenomanul
12-29-2017, 11:49 PM
What we really need to analyze at this point is Will Sevening's competence... it's more than just a string of "bad luck" injuries at this juncture.

Twisted ankles or broken hands from clumsy clashes during or before games (eg Kyle's breaking of Pau Gasol's hand) are one thing... but pulled groins, pulled calf muscles, tendonosis, pulled quads, etc... point to lack of proper muscle training/conditioning - which is EXACTLY what Sevening is officially there to provide.

tholdren
12-29-2017, 11:51 PM

Pop never rides the hot hands. See all playoff fails

ElNono
01-07-2018, 10:44 PM
:lmao resting players all year, half the team injured

Robz4000
01-07-2018, 10:49 PM

:pop: time to rest more players, more often. Manu take the month off!

spursistan
01-07-2018, 10:55 PM
I am sure it is not only Poop: there has to be some faggot in their medical department who is also pushing this agenda..These new-age pseudo-scientific gurus populate many of the so-called innovative organizations.. :lol

SAGirl
01-15-2018, 08:38 PM
:pop:I am resting Kiwi bc "injury management"
:pop: /bump... Manu knee bruised

SAGirl
01-15-2018, 08:39 PM
:pop: time to rest more players, more often. Manu take the month off!
oracle
/bump Manu bruised knee

FkLA
01-15-2018, 09:56 PM
:lol Isaiah Thomas on pace for 40 mins in his 5th game back after a 6 month injury. Poop is just an arrogant bastard that thinks he knows better than everyone else.

$pursDynasty
01-15-2018, 10:16 PM
I am of the opinion that Pop wants his roster completely healthy when he faces the Dubs in the playoffs. Seeding be damned even it means facing them in the second or even the first round. So he will keep MVParker in the Horry protocols all year and once Kiwi is healthy will start alternating rest starts between him and LMA.

daslicer
01-16-2018, 02:12 AM
I am of the opinion that Pop wants his roster completely healthy when he faces the Dubs in the playoffs. Seeding be damned even it means facing them in the second or even the first round. So he will keep MVParker in the Horry protocols all year and once Kiwi is healthy will start alternating rest starts between him and LMA.

I don't care about playing the Warriors in the second round or the WCF. It doesn't matter to me when the Spurs face them since they are going to have to go through them anyways to get out of the West. The problem I have with Pop resting guys is that he could cost the spurs enough games that they could fall out of top 4 or have hard first round series in facing the Thunder.

SAGirl
01-16-2018, 03:25 AM
Spurs center Pau Gasol revealed after Monday’s game he’s been playing through a sore right hand for several games (http://www.expressnews.com/spurs-nation/article/mm-Popovich-becomes-emotional-recalling-MLK-12499822.php).
6 hours (http://hoopshype.com/rumor/1156936/)

tholdren
01-16-2018, 04:57 PM
Spurs center Pau Gasol revealed after Monday’s game he’s been playing through a sore right hand for several games (http://www.expressnews.com/spurs-nation/article/mm-Popovich-becomes-emotional-recalling-MLK-12499822.php).

Rest

TheDoctor
01-16-2018, 05:00 PM
Such a martyr tbh

spurraider21
01-16-2018, 05:01 PM
:lol Isaiah Thomas on pace for 40 mins in his 5th game back after a 6 month injury. Poop is just an arrogant bastard that thinks he knows better than everyone else.
yeah lets just hire thibs tbh. everyone plays 38 minutes

tholdren
01-16-2018, 05:02 PM
yeah lets just hire thibs tbh. everyone plays 38 minutes

So a pro athlete cant handle that? In that 38 minutes is actually 2 hours of elapsed time

duncan2k5
01-17-2018, 10:26 AM
I guess chemistry means nothing to pop... This team has barely played together... Only one full season... They don't have the luxury of not gaining chemistry... They're not the Dubs or the former spurs who have been together for years... Not to mention several key players are old and senile

Dex
01-17-2018, 11:28 AM
I guess chemistry means nothing to pop... This team has barely played together... Only one full season... They don't have the luxury of not gaining chemistry... They're not the Dubs or the former spurs who have been together for years... Not to mention several key players are old and senile

Dude, what the hell do you people expect Pop to do?

The guys have been injured. Pop isn't going to play hurt players for the sake of "chemistry".

As for Tony and Kawhi, both guys are coming off severe injuries, so bringing them back slowly makes all the sense of the world. All you people bitching about this would be the same people berating Pop if Kawhi were to go down again.

Some of you are so freaking dense.

daslicer
01-17-2018, 11:33 AM

The guys have been injured. Pop isn't going to play hurt players for the sake of "chemistry".

As for Tony and Kawhi, both guys are coming off severe injuries, so bringing them back slowly makes all the sense of the world. All you people bitching about this would be the same people berating Pop if Kawhi were to go down again.

Always remember that this clip applies to Duncan2k5.
LQCU36pkH7c

bklynspursfan
01-17-2018, 12:02 PM

:clap

SAGirl
01-17-2018, 12:07 PM
Always remember that this clip applies to Duncan2k5.
LQCU36pkH7c
:lmao

dabom
01-17-2018, 09:23 PM
Did OP forget his own thread? :lol

Seventyniner
01-17-2018, 09:35 PM

Well put.

The premise of the thread is bullshit. It's like pointing to a 99-year-old lifetime smoker and a 30-year-old nonsmoker that dies of a heart attack, then claiming that smoking therefore isn't harmful to health.

ElNono
01-17-2018, 10:20 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao Poop... trying to control injuries, have to shut down Kawhi again after all that micromanaging

ElNono
01-17-2018, 10:22 PM

so now we know Kawhi wasn't healthy after all? Why the whole micromanaging? Did playing him slowed down his recovery?

The point of this thread is clear: Pop doesn't control injuries. They happen to anybody at any time and are part of the game. That whole resting business to 'avoid injuries' is nonsense.

Dex
01-17-2018, 10:28 PM
so now we know Kawhi wasn't healthy after all? Why the whole micromanaging? Did playing him slowed down his recovery?

The point of this thread is clear: Pop doesn't control injuries. They happen to anybody at any time and are part of the game. That whole resting business to 'avoid injuries' is nonsense.

The Kawhi thing is a mystery. They said that he was cleared to play, but his quad didn't respond like they were hoping, so take that for what it's worth. If anything, it's on Kawhi as well if he tried to come back before he was ready, because nobody knows how his body feels like him.

As for everyone else...Green was legitimately hurt. Joff was legitimately hurt. Gay is legitimately hurt.

Parker was legitimately hurt, but came back early from a potentially career ending injury. Manu is still 40 and not getting any younger. They need and deserve rest games.

Pau is playing through his injury, which goes to show that the team isn't just folding up shop.

Does anybody really think Pop enjoys trotting out glorified GLeague lineups, and constantly having to tinker and bandaid together rotations? It's not making his job any easier, and if there is one thing we can give him credit for over the past two decades, he wants to win.

SAGirl
01-17-2018, 10:42 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao Poop... trying to control injuries, have to shut down Kawhi again after all that micromanaging
:wow
:bobo

... sad thing though...

ElNono
01-17-2018, 11:33 PM
tbh, I miss the days when Tim didn't let his old ass get away with it

SAGirl
01-18-2018, 12:04 AM
Based on what little has been disclosed it seems Kawhi did push Pop really hard to be playing when his leg was still acting up and giving him trouble. After giving it a try he’s not healed. There’s no other way around it. He has to go back to rehab and frankly this injury is super mystifying.

Who knows if he really needs a surgery at this point.

Ice009
01-18-2018, 12:20 AM
Based on what little has been disclosed it seems Kawhi did push Pop really hard to be playing when his leg was still acting up and giving him trouble. After giving it a try he’s not healed. There’s no other way around it. He has to go back to rehab and frankly this injury is super mystifying.

Who knows if he really needs a surgery at this point.

I sure as fuck hope he doesn't need surgery for a sore quad. If they do that, then his career could be over. You don't operate on a sore quad that doesn't have any tears in it.

duncan2k5
01-19-2018, 05:56 AM

So all of a sudden we are gonna pretend as if Pop doesn't rest healthy players? OK...

Texas_Ranger
01-19-2018, 10:08 AM
Pop should start resting himself

Dex
01-19-2018, 11:04 AM
So all of a sudden we are gonna pretend as if Pop doesn't rest healthy players? OK...

So all of a sudden we are gonna pretend like we are talking about Pop's entire career, and not just this season? Stop trying to move the goal posts.

Pop has rested healthy players maybe a handful of times this season, and most of those were for Manu...because the guy is 40 fucking years old and has had his minutes managed for the past decade.

He's only rested LaMarcus two games, and Pau one game. One of those games was against the junior varsity program they have running up there in Phoenix, and that was still a Spurs win.

Pretty much every other case of "resting" this season has been due to legitimate injury concern.

But please, continue to pretend like you know better than a Hall of Fame coach.

Ice009
01-19-2018, 11:41 AM
I'd like to know how many injuries the Spurs players have sustained during these rest games. I know not all of them occurred during rest games, but I still think they've contributed to healthy player getting hurt. Whether it was that game or a game or two after, players have gotten hurt playing different roles and not being conditioned for it.

bklynspursfan
01-19-2018, 11:49 AM
So all of a sudden we are gonna pretend like we are talking about Pop's entire career, and not just this season? Stop trying to move the goal posts.

Pop has rested healthy players maybe a handful of times this season, and most of those were for Manu...because the guy is 40 fucking years old and has had his minutes managed for the past decade.

He's only rested LaMarcus two games, and Pau one game. One of those games was against the junior varsity program they have running up there in Phoenix, and that was still a Spurs win.

Pretty much every other case of "resting" this season has been due to legitimate injury concern.

But please, continue to pretend like you know better than a Hall of Fame coach.

Exactly. I've tried telling these guys he isn't resting players like he has in years past this season, due to all the injuries. They choose to ignore facts to further whatever agenda they want to push

Mikeanaro
01-19-2018, 11:50 PM
This is the result of his anti-Trump crap, stick to BB you dangus.