PDA

View Full Version : The Rudy Gay Injury Thread

SAGirl
12-29-2017, 12:25 AM

Robz4000
12-29-2017, 12:31 AM
Gonna assume he'll be on the shelf for at least a couple weeks. Just hope it isn't a tear or anything serious.

SAGirl
12-29-2017, 12:32 AM
Gonna assume he'll be on the shelf for at least a couple weeks. Just hope it isn't a tear or anything serious.
check the update I posted. apparently he's had sore that sore ankle for parts of the season.

Also kinda worrisome that it wasn't a contact injury...

Play Boban
12-29-2017, 12:36 AM
Who cares?

Robz4000
12-29-2017, 12:46 AM
check the update I posted. apparently he's had sore that sore ankle for parts of the season.

Also kinda worrisome that it wasn't a contact injury...

All the more reason to shut him down for a bit, as well as LDN. Pop just needs to nut up and start playing Kawhi normally. Just don't play him on B2Bs. Luckily Fathead is back and hasn't missed a step.

TE
12-29-2017, 12:46 AM
Common after an achillees tear to have tendinitis of the opposite achillees heel. Probably dealing with that; the cold weather/winter probably having exacerbated it.

He'll be fine.

spurs10
12-29-2017, 01:32 AM
Yeah I saw him walk back to the locker room and he was limping.

vander
12-29-2017, 01:41 AM
Hopefully Kawhi can step up till he gets back.

Play Boban
12-29-2017, 01:51 AM
He might not ever play another minute in the nba tbh,

Mr. Body
12-29-2017, 01:51 AM
I hope he's back. One of my surprising players to watch

cd021
12-29-2017, 02:08 AM
Pop seems dead set against playing Joff- thank (insert deity here) so I could see Anderson playing a lot more minutes at the 4 with Bertans getting some burn.

Play Boban
12-29-2017, 02:41 AM
:cry

TheGreatYacht
12-29-2017, 02:50 AM
God damn it. This means more Randall Paul. What does that faggot even do?

AaronY
12-29-2017, 03:54 AM
Who cares?

:cry

Keep trying bud. dont give up on this schtick here its gonna work. just give it time

Spur|n|Austin
12-29-2017, 03:59 AM
Who cares?

Us fans you fucktard

AaronY
12-29-2017, 04:01 AM
see its working already

phxspurfan
12-29-2017, 04:04 AM
Yup saw it at the game, looked like a non contact thing. Hope the MRI doesn't show anything serious and it's just a week or two for rest

r0drig0lac
12-29-2017, 04:47 AM
Jesus, this team seems to be in a curse

Ice009
12-29-2017, 05:13 AM
Jesus, this team seems to be in a curse

It's not the team, it's the "resting" coach that is bringing bad karma by resting healthy players for no reason at all.

If I was a superstar player, I'd rather be playing big minutes while I'm younger and still putting up 20 and 10 until 35 or so rather than playing until 40 averaging 6pts 3rbs. Your body might not give out anyway and you still might be able to play until 40 and put up that 6 and 3 to finish off your career. Pop's minimizing the impact of certain player's primes for nothing IMO. For what? So they can still play until 40 putting up even worse numbers?

nyspurguy
12-29-2017, 06:22 AM
It's not the team, it's the "resting" coach that is bringing bad karma by resting healthy players for no reason at all.

If I was a superstar player, I'd rather be playing big minutes while I'm younger and still putting up 20 and 10 until 35 or so rather than playing until 40 averaging 6pts 3rbs. Your body might not give out anyway and you still might be able to play until 40 and put up that 6 and 3 to finish off your career. Pop's minimizing the impact of certain player's primes for nothing IMO. For what? So they can still play until 40 putting up even worse numbers?

I've been saying this for years.. what 25 yr old wants to come here..oh yeah, that might be why we don't get players in their prime. I'm just not buying into the whole "resting" jive.

Stabula
12-29-2017, 06:58 AM
thank (insert deity here) I appreciate you. Fuck Jehovah

nyspurguy
12-29-2017, 07:07 AM
Was Rudy Gay playing too many minutes?

Stabula
12-29-2017, 07:09 AM
Who here owns a Gay jersey?

cd021
12-29-2017, 07:34 AM
Was Rudy Gay playing too many minutes?
He only played 17 last night. The injury was odd, I was expecting to see him land on someones foot but he jumped for a loose ball three times and by the third time, when he came down he was limping.

jermaine
12-29-2017, 08:39 AM
I got a slight bone spur in my right heel, an every morning it's like glass is busting through my foot. It hurts all day.

BillMc
12-29-2017, 08:41 AM
I got a slight bone spur in my right heel, an every morning it's like glass is busting through my foot. It hurts all day.

Got the exact same thing. Hate it.

Ice009
12-29-2017, 08:43 AM
He only played 17 last night. The injury was odd, I was expecting to see him land on someones foot but he jumped for a loose ball three times and by the third time, when he came down he was limping.

The Spurs have the most well conditioned athletes. They're so well conditioned with all the rest they get, they're able to get injured playing less minutes than any other team's players.

Great stuff from the magnificent Popovich.

bklynspursfan
12-29-2017, 09:20 AM
All the more reason to shut him down for a bit, as well as LDN. Pop just needs to nut up and start playing Kawhi normally. Just don't play him on B2Bs. Luckily Fathead is back and hasn't missed a step.

Yea, that's not a good idea, especially if folks said Kawhi was walking gingerly last night. It's not about Pop "nutting up", it's about Kawhi's body being ready for the NBA grind again w/o any abnormal reactions from his body. Idk why it's so hard for people to understand. Guys don't play big minutes in pre-season either, you get eased into it. He's getting eased into this season coming off an odd injury that not a lot of people are familiar with. I'm amazed so many on here think they have the answers when PATFO said they haven't really seen an injury like this.... I imagine they have a pretty good grasp on his recovery, and people on here need to nut up and be patient

Fireball
12-29-2017, 09:23 AM
Half of the Season is over ... his improvement so far is negligible. My hope that he will be a factor in the playoffs is nearly gone. Still hope he gets well soon....

cd98
12-29-2017, 09:48 AM

Mat least under Pop. Even if it was an ankle sprain.

rjv
12-29-2017, 10:15 AM
bad enough to warrant an MRI so have to be somewhat concerned; that and it was a non-contact injury (as well as the look on gay's face when he immediately headed for the locker room).

LaMarcus Bryant
12-29-2017, 11:41 AM
We're fucked.

DJR210
12-29-2017, 12:02 PM
As long as he's back in time for Latin Night.. Was looking forward to seeing him don the "Joto" jersey

raybies
12-29-2017, 12:29 PM
Like others have said about it being non contact, I fear it could be bad.

Chinook
12-29-2017, 12:40 PM
The only silver lining about a Gay injury would be that Bertans would likely get some minutes. Of course, they could go to Joff instead, which is like a code-black scenario. Pop may have to take getting another big more seriously, which could result in the team clearing up their guard logjam and making clearer rotations over all.

UZER
12-29-2017, 01:01 PM
The only silver lining about a Gay injury would be that Bertans would likely get some minutes. Of course, they could go to Joff instead, which is like a code-black scenario. Pop may have to take getting another big more seriously, which could result in the team clearing up their guard logjam and making clearer rotations over all.

I don't take anything seriously. It's just basketball.

:pop:

raybies
12-29-2017, 01:12 PM
Was coming in here to lay a silver lining out myself. Mine is that, since he's been playing in the flow of the offense, we shouldn't miss him too much as long as it's not a season ender. I think more minutes for Kyle would be good since Kyle has been playing better and like you said Bertans getting more run would actually make the bench better balanced for now at least.

Patty/Manu/Kyle/Bertans/Gasol

That bench would lead to a more focused attack from Ginobili and Kyle. Short-term, we'll be fine. It's long term I'm worried about. I wonder if the guy is breaking down like Kobe did after the achilles tear. We'll see. The people who argue about contracts might have some more fuel now, cause if it's bad we get him for another year and another year of coming in with questions.

Chinook
12-29-2017, 01:19 PM
Was coming in here to lay a silver lining out myself. Mine is that, since he's been playing in the flow of the offense, we shouldn't miss him too much as long as it's not a season ender. I think more minutes for Kyle would be good since Kyle has been playing better and like you said Bertans getting more run would actually make the bench better balanced for now at least.

Patty/Manu/Kyle/Bertans/Gasol

That bench would lead to a more focused attack from Ginobili and Kyle. Short-term, we'll be fine. It's long term I'm worried about. I wonder if the guy is breaking down like Kobe did after the achilles tear. We'll see. The people who argue about contracts might have some more fuel now, cause if it's bad we get him for another year and another year of coming in with questions.

Eh, he'd still be a tradeable contract even if he's done. I wouldn't be surprised if he's still insurable given how short and small his deal was. I would assume the team wouldn't want to take on the salary this year, but if he were declared out for the season, they'd get a decent IPE that could be used to bring in a front-court player. Going into the summer, Gay locked into his deal wouldn't be bad either. The Spurs have a lot of guys to re-sign, and it would be nice not having to worry about Gay getting a raise while doing it. As an expiring, he'd be dumpable if the team needed the money, or he could, again be used in a trade for another player.

spurraider21
12-29-2017, 01:38 PM
see its working already
:lol

reminds me of when 21_Dickings would start a thread, the first 8 posts all said "lol its midnightpulp" and then post #9 is some guy typing up an essay to rebut the OP

LittleCriminal
12-29-2017, 02:06 PM
I think its time to call up Blossomgame!!

siraulo23
12-29-2017, 02:19 PM
right retrocalcaneal bursitis

NASpurs
12-29-2017, 02:22 PM

Robz4000
12-29-2017, 02:23 PM
At least it isn't a tear or anything more serious. Him and LDN should be shut down for a few weeks anyway.

jsandiego
12-29-2017, 02:31 PM
As long as he's back in time for Latin Night.. Was looking forward to seeing him don the "Joto" jersey
:lol

raybies
12-29-2017, 02:32 PM
At least it isn't a tear or anything more serious. Him and LDN should be shut down for a few weeks anyway.
Completely agree. what a relief...

on a side note,,, bursitis is doing some work in the league this year. have no idea what it is but been hearing it a lot with players.

cd021
12-29-2017, 02:33 PM

What I was thinking. More Anderson at the 4 and or Bertans playing alongside Gasol or Aldridge. Given the last couple of games, Pop seems to loathe to playing Joff (LMA played 36 minutes last night which really wasn't necessary while Gasol played 26 and a lot of small ball action).

I'd hope PATFO hits David Lee with a "You Up?" text :lol

I don't see many other big options on the market, other than Hibbert and Varejao who seem like the best available which is depressing.

cd021
12-29-2017, 02:36 PM
I think its time to call up Blossomgame!!

How is he playing? Haven't kept up with him.

SPURt
12-29-2017, 02:44 PM
Could’ve been worse

spurraider21
12-29-2017, 02:50 PM
:lol "retrocalcaneal bursitis"

pop probably just had some staffer grab a medical dictionary and find a term that sounded cool

superbigtime
12-29-2017, 02:57 PM

This is best case. No ligamentous injury or stress fracture etc. Amazed at quick release of the info.

ElNono
12-29-2017, 03:01 PM
Retrocalcaneal bursitis is successfully managed in the vast majority over a period of approximately six weeks.

I guess we'll see him post ASB?

Chinook
12-29-2017, 03:09 PM
Gay missing time might also help the team adjust to Leonard better. The rest of the rotation guys were on the team last year, and it was probably not any easier having to find shots for everyone with Gay taking his usual amount anyway. Kawhi can pretty much slide into Gay's role (though as a starter) for a while and expand from there.

phxspurfan
12-29-2017, 03:10 PM
I guess we'll see him post ASB

TheDoctor
12-29-2017, 03:18 PM
Achilles tendon bursitis, also known as Retrocalcaneal bursitis is a common foot pain in athletes, particularly runners. It can often be mistaken for Achilles tendonitis or can also occur in conjunction with Achilles tendonitis.

Symptoms. A bursa is a small sack of fluid that sits between a tendon and a bone to help the tendon move smoothly over the bone. The retrocalcaneal bursa in situated in the feet between the Achilles tendon and the calcaneus or heel bone. With repeated trauma the bursa can become inflamed.
Achilles tendon bursitis is often mistaken for achilles tendinitis (http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/sport-injuries/ankle-achilles-shin-pain/achilles-tendonitis). It is possible for the athlete to have both achilles tendinitis and achilles tendon bursitis at the same time which is known as Haglund's syndrome (http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/sport-injuries/ankle-achilles-shin-pain/haglunds-syndrome).

Darius Bieber
12-29-2017, 03:26 PM

Yours truly does.

http://i64.tinypic.com/69qclc.jpg

BillMc
12-29-2017, 03:48 PM
Spurs have had their whole team available to them exactly once this season. Now, we wait some more... :bang

DPG21920
12-29-2017, 03:52 PM
Good news all things considered. Sounds like Gay worked so damn hard that he was battling other ailments. He got time without Kawhi in the system and now gets some much needed rest (even before the injury he looked like he needed to be managed more IMO).

Kyle getting more time is a plus and hopefully Bertans.

DPG21920
12-29-2017, 04:03 PM
It’s really hard to imagine SA trading anyone. It’s just not their MO. Especially guys who take less money (like Rudy) and work hard. They do well because they have consistency and unless it’s a no-brainer they don’t trade FA’s unless it goes really south or its for a trade they just can’t say no to.

Same thing for the back court. I don’t think anyone has stepped up enough (Murray, Forbes, White, BP3) to warrant moving Mills or anyone of those young guys either just to free up time for the others. They will rely on their “guard depth” to over come the big depth issue IMO.

cd98
12-29-2017, 04:16 PM
:lol "retrocalcaneal bursitis"

pop probably just had some staffer grab a medical dictionary and find a term that sounded cool

Hmmm, Pop probably declaring him out indefinitely.

BG_Spurs_Fan
12-29-2017, 04:21 PM
It’s really hard to imagine SA trading anyone. It’s just not their MO. Especially guys who take less money (like Rudy) and work hard. They do well because they have consistency and unless it’s a no-brainer they don’t trade FA’s unless it goes really south or its for a trade they just can’t say no to.

I agree, they don't trade players acquired in FA or players they've extended in the first season of their deals. Think Theo Ratliff to Charlotte was the only such trade and he wasn't a significant piece, besides it was his wish iirc.

Same thing for the back court. I don’t think anyone has stepped up enough (Murray, Forbes, White, BP3) to warrant moving Mills or anyone of those young guys either just to free up time for the others. They will rely on their “guard depth” to over come the big depth issue IMO.

Looking at the expected playoff 9-man rotation ( LMA, Pau, Gay, Kawhi, Danny, Manu, Kyle, Parker, Mills ) one would think Pau's and Mills's spots would be the ones they might look to upgrade and it's highly unlikely not only due to their contracts having just been extended, but they're the player with most 3s this season and the player with the highest 3 point efficiency. It'd be hard to replace this with anyone realistically obtainable on a team that has only 2 other good 3 point shooters (of the 9 playoff rotation).

They might make a smaller trade for the future though, as they don't seem likely to be able to keep all players. Bertans or Forbes could go. Lauvergne too (Theo Ratliff scenario), to make place for one of the bought out players if there's someone they like.

DPG21920
12-29-2017, 04:29 PM
I agree, they don't trade players acquired in FA or players they've extended in the first season of their deals. Think Theo Ratliff to Charlotte was the only such trade and he wasn't a significant piece, besides it was his wish iirc.

Looking at the expected playoff 9-man rotation ( LMA, Pau, Gay, Kawhi, Danny, Manu, Kyle, Parker, Mills ) one would think Pau's and Mills's spots would be the ones they might look to upgrade and it's highly unlikely not only due to their contracts having just been extended, but they're the player with most 3s this season and the player with the highest 3 point efficiency. It'd be hard to replace this with anyone realistically obtainable on a team that has only 2 other good 3 point shooters (of the 9 playoff rotation).

They might make a smaller trade for the future though, as they don't seem likely to be able to keep all players. Bertans or Forbes could go. Lauvergne too (Theo Ratliff scenario), to make place for one of the bought out players if there's someone they like.

It’s definitely possible but I just find it unlikely. Pau is playing too well overall and with Joff sucking I don’t think they would feel good about losing Pau he’s been really damn good all things considered. So upgrading that would be tough since you would need another big and who’s giving up a younger, better player than Pau for Pau or Mills and parts?

Mills I could see but he seems to be a pretty big part of the fabric. With TP/Manu older, none of the young guys really stepping up (Murray, Forbes, White) I don’t think they move Mills unless it’s lightning in a bottle. I agree they SHOULD, but don’t think they WILL.

I think the same reason they paid Mills is the same reason they can’t trade him: Uncertainty. TP was a big injury question mark, Manu was contemplating retirement and the young guys were interesting but not proven.

None of that has changed. The only issue is that Mills trade value has gotten slightly worse due to his poor play.

spurraider21
12-29-2017, 04:31 PM
Pau is playing very well, but he still has matchup issues with GSW and HOU... our top competition out west

DPG21920
12-29-2017, 04:34 PM
Pau is playing very well, but he still has matchup issues with GSW and HOU... our top competition out west

Agreed. But again you aren’t going to replace Pau in the rotation with his contract and how well he’s playing without moving him. So who would want him and give a player that matches up better against those teams?

I agree in theory, but I’m saying it’s not likely since Pau is both playing well and it’s hard to imagine trading him and getting someone at his position (or at least a PF/C) back that is better against the top teams.

Chinook
12-29-2017, 04:38 PM

The Pau who's there now would be fine against the Rockets, since he's scoring well enough to take advantage of Houston being small. It's not like the team will have to worry about Ryan Anderson changing the series.

Robz4000
12-29-2017, 04:55 PM
Agreed. But again you aren’t going to replace Pau in the rotation with his contract and how well he’s playing without moving him. So who would want him and give a player that matches up better against those teams?

I agree in theory, but I’m saying it’s not likely since Pau is both playing well and it’s hard to imagine trading him and getting someone at his position (or at least a PF/C) back that is better against the top teams.

He's talking about adding another big that can sub in for Gasol in those matchups tbh. Obviously he's going to play and with how he's performed this season you can't trade him without hurting the team, but it can't be ignored how much of a liability he's been against HOU and GS.

LittleCriminal
12-29-2017, 05:29 PM
How is he playing? Haven't kept up with him.

[*=left]PER GAME
[*=left]TOTALS

GS
MIN
PTS
FGM
FGA
FG%
3PM
3PA
3P%
FTM
FTA
FT%
OREB
DREB
REB
AST
STL
BLK
TOV
PF

2017-18 Season:

Thing i like most about Blossomgame is that he has a similar build to Leonard. Just not as good as him though.. but I honestly think blossomgame is better than Anderson.
Just needs some time in the spurs system.

TheRemix
12-29-2017, 06:57 PM
Fuck. Are we ever going to see a fully healthy squad this season?

tholdren
12-29-2017, 09:11 PM
Tbh rudy gay is pretty awful. And whats up w the glass spurs

SanAntonioSpurs23
12-29-2017, 09:23 PM

I'm probably the only idiot who bought a dick Jefferson jersey, does that count?

hater
12-29-2017, 10:20 PM
Hes gonna be like this all season including d playoffs

Stabula
12-30-2017, 02:20 AM
I'm probably the only idiot who bought a dick Jefferson jersey, does that count?

Not sure which has the more homosexual connotation tbh

Snaq O'Meal
12-30-2017, 04:24 AM
Not sure which has the more homosexual connotation tbh

One is a homo in name, the other a homo in game.

Stabula
12-30-2017, 05:20 AM
One is a homo in name, the other a homo in game.

Going to ask timvp to bold you

wildbill2u
12-30-2017, 01:10 PM
If it's a bone spur, surgery can remove the spur but not prevent it from recurring. Spurs are a calcium buildup on the bone. I've had them for a long time and you can activate the pain by bumping up against something without even realizing it. The pain can be so excruciating that it becomes hard to put any weight on the foot. The pain comes from nerve ends which become inflamed when the bump presses the flesh against the spur.. Heavy doses of ibuprofen will cut down the inflammation and pain in a few days...until the next time.

DPG21920
12-30-2017, 01:11 PM
He's talking about adding another big that can sub in for Gasol in those matchups tbh. Obviously he's going to play and with how he's performed this season you can't trade him without hurting the team, but it can't be ignored how much of a liability he's been against HOU and GS.

I get what they were saying but that’s not really possible (IMO) while keeping Gasol. There is no magic big that can play really well vs HOU/GS (especially in the playoffs) that would be given up while keeping Gasol. It just does not make sense realistically

BillMc
12-30-2017, 01:59 PM
I get what they were saying but that’s not really possible (IMO) while keeping Gasol. There is no magic big that can play really well vs HOU/GS (especially in the playoffs) that would be given up while keeping Gasol. It just does not make sense realistically

You're not going to get a big whose skills mesh so well with LMA and also has the willingness to sacrifice his own numbers for the good of the team short of Pau's brother, and he's not a realistic trade option. Newsflash: Pau has been the team's second best player all year. And his weakness against the Rockets, while true, is somewhat exaggerated. Once Pop figured out how to use him, Pau was pretty useful against defending Harden in the final 2 games.

SAGirl
01-06-2018, 06:30 AM
I noticed Rudy with his foot in a walking boot in the bench.

spursistan
01-06-2018, 01:18 PM
I noticed Rudy with his foot in a walking boot in the bench.
I saw that.Looks like he's going to be out for a while..Spurs will be overcautious with him, so a return after the All-Star break can't be ruled out..

SAGirl
01-06-2018, 04:04 PM
I saw that.Looks like he's going to be out for a while..Spurs will be overcautious with him, so a return after the All-Star break can't be ruled out..
I thought the same not necessarily until the ASB, but definitely longer than the reported 2 week mark. The 2 weeks were to get evaluated again. The healing may take longer. He also had the ankle pain through the season b4 being out so it can recurr and it’s better to let that fully heal.

SAGirl
01-17-2018, 03:17 PM
The latest update still has him at least a couple of weeks out from returning to play.
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/article/Spurs-shutting-down-Kawhi-Leonard-indefinitely-12504542.php

tholdren
01-17-2018, 11:21 PM
Tbh rudy gay is pretty awful. And whats up w the glass spurs

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-18-2018, 10:29 AM
Rudy could be a valuable piece of Kawhi ends up missing the rest of the season.

pookenstein
01-24-2018, 04:01 PM
Any news on his progress?

Robz4000
01-24-2018, 04:04 PM
Any news on his progress?

Most likely back in a week or so.

spurraider21
01-24-2018, 04:30 PM
:lol there is no value to this season if kawhi is out

Stabula
01-24-2018, 04:53 PM
So is it the opposite heel of the one he tore last year?

Dex
01-24-2018, 05:02 PM
So is it the opposite heel of the one he tore last year?

Yes, he tore his left Achilles. The bursitis is in his right heel.

ace3g
01-27-2018, 04:16 PM

SAGirl
01-27-2018, 04:56 PM
Thanks for posting. Unsurprising, but later than I thought.

LittleCriminal
01-27-2018, 05:16 PM
Rudy Gays Supposed Return Date
http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/img/1.0/teamsites/logos/teamlogos_80x64/den.gifFRIDAY FEB 23 PEPSI CENTER, DENVER, CO 8:00PMCT

Raven
01-27-2018, 05:21 PM

... good lord

sasaint
01-27-2018, 05:23 PM
Rudy has been a big part of our worst nightmare: Kawhi goes out for 5/8 of the season (and counting) AND our key off-season gamble of an acquisition is shelved for a lengthy, overlapping period. Btw, the odds that Rudy opts in increase with each passing game.

Chinook
01-27-2018, 05:25 PM
Rudy has been a big part of our worst nightmare: Kawhi goes out for 5/8 of the season (and counting) AND our key off-season gamble of an acquisition is shelved for a lengthy, overlapping period. Btw, the odds that Rudy opts in increase with each passing game.

He'll opt out so SA can give him a $20M/2 deal with a third year partially guaranteed.

sasaint
01-27-2018, 05:29 PM
He'll opt out so SA can give him a $20M/2 deal with a third year partially guaranteed.

Loyalty.

Darius Bieber
01-27-2018, 05:34 PM

Seems about right.

TheDoctor
01-27-2018, 05:59 PM
That Pau leadership :wow

Ice009
01-27-2018, 09:39 PM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/article/Sources-Rudy-Gay-expected-to-return-after-12530704.php

Though unlikely, league sources added there is a chance Gay could return earlier than expected as he is healthy enough to play, but the Spurs appear set on sticking with the timetable of Gay's return post All-Star, wanting him at 100 percent with no further setbacks.

Spurs are just taking this too far IMO. If he's 100% before the All-Star break, then there is no need to keep sitting him. If he's not 100% right now, fine, but if he does get there before then, you need to freaking play him and stop sitting out players longer than they need it.

Chinook
01-27-2018, 10:03 PM
Spurs are just taking this too far IMO. If he's 100% before the All-Star break, then there is no need to keep sitting him. If he's not 100% right now, fine, but if he does get there before then, you need to freaking play him and stop sitting out players longer than they need it.

It's bursitis, not an ankle sprain. You don't fuck with bursitis, because it will come back if it's stressed at all. It's not a matter about being healthy "enough". You either have it or you don't and if you do have it, you don't play. I'm with PATFO there. That MySA article seems irresponsible.

spursistan
01-28-2018, 08:16 AM

Yeah, this Gay deal about to go from a bargain to a sunk cost with signs of him turning into damaged goods..His lower extremities don't seem like they will hold up.

The Spurs are an Aldridge accelerating heartbeat away from an absolute worst case scenario playing out. My reservations on the roster aside, it can't be denied that the health Gods are on the verge of nuking this entire season. Doesn't seem likely we will see them as whole..

Keepin' it real
01-30-2018, 10:41 PM
Does anyone really think Rudy will finish the season on the active list?

Leetonidas
01-30-2018, 10:50 PM
Y'all are overreacting with Rudy. He'll be fine

Play Boban
01-30-2018, 10:51 PM
Cut this scrub.

BackHome
01-30-2018, 11:45 PM
The Dude is recovering from a Fucking Torn Achilles I am suprised he was able to start the season. It’s not like we emptied the bank to get him. I am OK giving him the benefit of doubt if his health improves.

ECOV
01-30-2018, 11:57 PM
Y'all are overreacting with Rudy. He'll be fine
nothing new on this fourm

BatManu20
01-31-2018, 12:00 AM

BatManu20
01-31-2018, 12:01 AM

BatManu20
01-31-2018, 12:51 AM
http://i67.tinypic.com/2wroqp1.png

bklynspursfan
01-31-2018, 07:32 AM

I remember those kicks...

I can't wait for him to come back. I'm not sure if he jumps back into the SL or not but his play is definitely missed.

tbdog
01-31-2018, 08:11 AM
We gonna get Leonard and Gay back after the allstar break.

wildbill2u
02-01-2018, 11:37 AM
"Treatment for Bursitis typically requires medical attention by your physician. There are lots of treatment options available with the goal of reducing inflammation, pain, and discomfort. Additionally, your tendons and bones can move and work properly without that achy feeling. Your physician may recommend that you rest the affected body parts, protecting them from any further trauma. With proper care and treatment, bursitis pain will go away after a few weeks, but it is not uncommon for them to occasionally flare-up again." https://painmanagementcounsel.com/5-signs-and-symptoms-of-bursitis/

Lots more info at the site above for those who really want to know about bursitis. I don't see how he gets through the season without another flare-up as it usually recurs.

jermaine
02-01-2018, 01:28 PM
"Treatment for Bursitis typically requires medical attention by your physician. There are lots of treatment options available with the goal of reducing inflammation, pain, and discomfort. Additionally, your tendons and bones can move and work properly without that achy feeling. Your physician may recommend that you rest the affected body parts, protecting them from any further trauma. With proper care and treatment, bursitis pain will go away after a few weeks, but it is not uncommon for them to occasionally flare-up again." https://painmanagementcounsel.com/5-signs-and-symptoms-of-bursitis/

Lots more info at the site above for those who really want to know about bursitis. I don't see how he gets through the season without another flare-up as it usually recurs.

I have that shit in my hip... it hurts like hell after sleeping on my side to long, or fucking to much(dead serious)

ace3g
02-05-2018, 07:15 PM

ace3g
02-10-2018, 08:27 PM