PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi passive and looks like crap

razor247
12-30-2017, 11:19 PM
I don't remember a pro athlete ever acting like this passive pos. Tonight its the same ole thing, he's scared to run, timid with contact, wants to pass every time he gets the ball. He shoots once in a while then jogs back like he not trying too do anything hard. Go to the hospital and check in. Spurs need an actual player not a fraud limping around afraid of the other players. You make me sick

YGWHI
12-30-2017, 11:21 PM
Timid with contact...

He draw many fouls and went to the line 9 times in just 27'

YGWHI
12-30-2017, 11:22 PM

YGWHI
12-30-2017, 11:22 PM
Go to bed, OP Little Troll.

phxspurfan
12-30-2017, 11:43 PM
Team doesn't know how to integrate him with LMA 2.0. it's obvious there is awkwardness with LMA touches vs Kawhi re integration. They're not exactly complimentary anymore now that LMA has been on point with high volume touches. Kind of like the K Love situation on the Cavs initially. Someone (Kawhi now, LMA later when Kawhi gets back in the groove) has got to give to let the alpha be alpha.

ceds
12-30-2017, 11:51 PM
The drop in defense from him is a concern. Guys are going right at him and attacking.

conditioning probably the biggest issue.....it's fustrating that he's being coddled right now...other stars with more ego would demand to play & even make it known in the media.

It's just not in Kawhi's nature

tholdren
12-30-2017, 11:53 PM

Interesting that win loss column says different

YGWHI
12-30-2017, 11:59 PM
Interesting that win loss column says different

He played just 16' in the first three losses...Those weren't on him.

spursistan
12-31-2017, 12:00 AM
Kawhi right now looks like a poor man's Kobe..

tholdren
12-31-2017, 12:00 AM
He played just 16' in the first three losses...Those weren't on him.

Lol ok. Kennard made him his towel boy tonight. Any excuse?

MaNu4Tres
12-31-2017, 12:11 AM
He's having a really tough time creating separation with the ball.

It's concerning to me that he may not be the same, unless he has surgery.

bic50
12-31-2017, 12:23 AM
I don't remember a pro athlete ever acting like this passive pos. Tonight its the same ole thing, he's scared to run, timid with contact, wants to pass every time he gets the ball. He shoots once in a while then jogs back like he not trying too do anything hard. Go to the hospital and check in. Spurs need an actual player not a fraud limping around afraid of the other players. You make me sick
Over emotional bitch rant.

UZER
12-31-2017, 12:23 AM
Team doesn't know how to integrate him with LMA 2.0. it's obvious there is awkwardness with LMA touches vs Kawhi re integration. They're not exactly complimentary anymore now that LMA has been on point with high volume touches. Kind of like the K Love situation on the Cavs initially. Someone (Kawhi now, LMA later when Kawhi gets back in the groove) has got to give to let the alpha be alpha.

But but but we have the best basketball coach in the NBA. :cry

Year three of this project, and it's still as awkward as day one. Zero improvement.

phxspurfan
12-31-2017, 12:29 AM
But but but we have the best basketball coach in the NBA. :cry

Year three of this project, and it's still as awkward as day one. Zero improvement.

Remember, after their dinner MTG he changed everything and went to 4-down 2.0 for the first time since 2007 to give LMA rhythm. Now it's time to figure out how to make that (Grizzlies/Pistons ball) + Kawhi (2008 Kobe-Lakers ball) work in today's Morey ball NBA.

Leetonidas
12-31-2017, 12:34 AM
I don't get this alpha/touches bs. Plenty of teams have two guys carrying the scoring load. And the spurs offensive is garbage so there is plenty of room for Kawhi to get his along with Aldridge. I'll wait to judge him after he's played 20 or so games

YGWHI
12-31-2017, 12:34 AM
Lol ok. Kennard made him his towel boy tonight. Any excuse?
Kawhi was on Reggie and Tobias most game but aren't you the guy who wants Kawhi to play just on defense?

If he can't stop a scrub...You should let him score 30 to compensate for his "horrible" defense.

tholdren
12-31-2017, 12:40 AM
Kawhi was on Reggie and Tobias most game but aren't you the guy who wants Kawhi to play just on defense?

If he can't stop a scrub...You should let him score 30 to compensate for his "horrible" defense.

Kennard 1 leonard 0

spurs1990
12-31-2017, 12:42 AM
Leonard not playing may have meant a Spurs win tonight.

They're just in a weird place right now. Waiting for Leonard to get right. Until then expect some uneven performances from the team along with unexpected losses.

YGWHI
12-31-2017, 12:54 AM
unless he has surgery.

Unless there is a tendon rupture, surgery can't help in quad injuries.

Darius Bieber
12-31-2017, 01:20 AM
Grant Hill 2.0 tbh

ElNono
12-31-2017, 01:22 AM
Duncan rolling in his grave, etc

tbdog
12-31-2017, 01:44 AM

I don't understand why pop straight up refuses to have Leonard and LMA play the two man game. Like seriously, put your two best players on one side of the court and Danny in the far corner.

Play Boban
12-31-2017, 02:14 AM

OP dropping truth bombs tbh.

Spurtacular
12-31-2017, 03:07 AM

This is all by design. Pop has told Kawhi to take his foot off the accelerator and just be physically ready for the playoffs.

daslicer
12-31-2017, 03:13 AM
It could be a lost season for Kawhi but I will wait a few month's for Kawhi to return to top form before ruling him out for this year.

nyspurguy
12-31-2017, 04:13 AM
79 points..this offense STINKS. Holding a NBA team to 93 points is terrific, you just have to be able to score 94! I'm almost willing to bet the Spurs have lost at least 5 or 6 games just because they couldn't score. We've had a lot of 80 and 90 point games. In those games the Spurs hold the opposing team in the 90's. Don't care how good the defense is..your gonna have to score points in the playoffs. I'd say 100 points at a minimum. Although we've got 3 months to get it together.

Spurtacular
12-31-2017, 04:19 AM
79 points..this offense STINKS. Holding a NBA team to 93 points is terrific, you just have to be able to score 94! I'm almost willing to bet the Spurs have lost at least 5 or 6 games just because they couldn't score. We've had a lot of 80 and 90 point games. In those games the Spurs hold the opposing team in the 90's. Don't care how good the defense is..your gonna have to score points in the playoffs. I'd say 100 points at a minimum. Although we've got 3 months to get it together.

I was only half-ass watching the game, but I have to give a lot of credit it to the Detroit defense. May have been the toughest we've faced all season.

nyspurguy
12-31-2017, 04:21 AM
Kawhi looks just about how I thought he would. Kawhi's gonna shake out when he's totally healthy. He can put up 35 in 35. The problem is the offense and its flow. Also, why does L.A. seem to struggle when Kawhi's playing ?

Fireball
12-31-2017, 04:34 AM
the whole team checks out when Kawhi plays ... and he sucks right now. I do no not care about his offense ... I miss the defensive game changer

Ice009
12-31-2017, 08:26 AM
the whole team checks out when Kawhi plays ... and he sucks right now. I do no not care about his offense ... I miss the defensive game changer

True. The defensive game changer is the guy that I missed the most. We can get buy with him not being great on offense just yet, but his defense absolutely stinks. I'd take a 37 year old (or however old he was when he retired) Bruce Bowen over Kawhi right now for defensive purposes.

I don't know what's going on on defense, but it just looks like he's taking it easy. He shouldn't be out there if he's half assing it on defense.

MaNu4Tres
12-31-2017, 09:09 AM
True. The defensive game changer is the guy that I missed the most. We can get buy with him not being great on offense just yet, but his defense absolutely stinks. I'd take a 37 year old (or however old he was when he retired) Bruce Bowen over Kawhi right now for defensive purposes.

I don't know what's going on on defense, but it just looks like he's taking it easy. He shouldn't be out there if he's half assing it on defense.

He's not half assing it. He's not physically 100%. They are still managing his injury.

He's barely 26 years old and he looks like he's playing in quick sand, being two steps slower on D and not being able to create any separation on offense with the ball. He's physically not close to being right.

Russo21
12-31-2017, 09:10 AM

Is it really that bad? So busy with work lately I haven't watched him play yet.

Kawhi has no chance at MVPDPOY, all NBA and all defensive teams spots are out the window. Instead of wishing for last year's Kawhi I'd much rather see Kawhi from 3 years ago where he was primarily a defensive juggernaut and on offense just another guy in the rotation (doesn't help that the roster is fucked though) As long as he is ready for the playoffs at this point is all that matters.

Next year if they fix the roster I'd like to see Kawhi Back in the NBA conversation.

Horse
12-31-2017, 10:09 AM
Over emotional bitch rant.
Yup fuck this faggot

Spurtacular
12-31-2017, 10:24 AM
the whole team checks out when Kawhi plays.

Something to that, tbh.

bic50
12-31-2017, 10:36 AM
Something to that, tbh.
What is it ?

Keepin' it real
12-31-2017, 11:23 AM
He's not half assing it. He's not physically 100%. They are still managing his injury.

He's barely 26 years old and he looks like he's playing in quick sand, being two steps slower on D and not being able to create any separation on offense with the ball. He's physically not close to being right.

Therein lies the problem. To be that young yet unable to overcome a pedestrian injury. Karma's a bitch, even when it comes to injury prevention. Always remember the wisdom of Master Oogway (with Po playing the part of coach Pop):

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/9f/e4/87/9fe487dd23bbe8097a93b55f990a0198.jpg

NameLess Scrub
12-31-2017, 11:56 AM
Grant Hill 2.0 tbh

Hoping he isn't

hater
12-31-2017, 12:09 PM
The poor bastard cannot wipe his ass yet

spursistan
12-31-2017, 12:13 PM
Therein lies the problem. To be that young yet unable to overcome a pedestrian injury. Karma's a bitch, even when it comes to injury prevention. Always remember the wisdom of Master Oogway (with Po playing the part of coach Pop):

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/9f/e4/87/9fe487dd23bbe8097a93b55f990a0198.jpg

It's hilarious how people keep glossing over this problematic. His track record is very discouraging as far as long term health and durability..I might even say it is looking rather grim..

By comparison, and at similar stage of their careers, Kawhi is making Manu Ginobili look like an iron man ffs.

Given this Spurs' roster deficiencies, they needed him to carry a 2000-2003 Duncan load; instead, he is gonna wash out a prime year of his with some gimpy shit while ensuring other role players getting run down to the ground as collateral damage..

bic50
12-31-2017, 01:34 PM
It's hilarious how people keep glossing over this problematic. His track record is very discouraging as far as long term health and durability..I might even say it is looking rather grim..

By comparison, and at similar stage of their careers, Kawhi is making Manu Ginobili look like an iron man ffs.

Given this Spurs' roster deficiencies, they needed him to carry a 2000-2003 Duncan load; instead, he is gonna wash out a prime year of his with some gimpy shit while ensuring other role players getting run down to the ground as collateral damage..
Exaggeration

Play Boban
12-31-2017, 01:49 PM

Then shut him down till March tbh. He’s worse than useless out there now and is sabotaging his fragile long-term health.

Ed Helicopter Jones
12-31-2017, 03:08 PM
He's certainly not "back" yet. Team chemistry appears off with him not fully engaged. I'm excited to see him start giving Kawhi type effort.

MaNu4Tres
12-31-2017, 03:10 PM
He's certainly not "back" yet. Team chemistry appears off with him not fully engaged. I'm excited to see him start giving Kawhi type effort.

How do you quantify effort if his injury is holding him back physically?

Seventyniner
12-31-2017, 03:26 PM

So having your players play fewer minutes makes them more susceptible to injury? And when an injury happens anyway it is somehow retribution for not taking unnecessary risks? That whole line of reasoning is complete bullshit.

duncan2k5
01-01-2018, 02:28 PM

Are u guys daft? Playing defense is harder on the body than offense...of COURSE he is gonna go half speed on defense until he gets in shape!

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-01-2018, 08:04 PM

I wouldn't play him at all if he's not ready to go. Have you ever played on an injured ankle or leg, nursing it, only to injure the other one? I have...I've seen a lot of people do that. If Kawhi is favoring an injury he'll be more at risk than just waiting to come back at full strength. If he's still injured he should be shut down.

emanueldavidginobili
01-02-2018, 11:22 AM
Never really seen a player be a household name last year, every time you turn on ESPN he was talked about or social Media. A lot of people’s preseason MVP choice to not being talked about or hearing his name. Feels like a lost season for him. Plenty time to turn it around though it will be fun to see how he’s like come April.

dabom
01-02-2018, 11:58 AM

Any insider info on Kawhi's injury? Cause you assuming a lot faggot. :lol

tholdren
01-02-2018, 09:28 PM
Hes so bad he negates the only player on san antonio capable of a triple double.... kawobe

ducks
01-02-2018, 09:36 PM
5 game with starters better

tholdren
01-02-2018, 09:39 PM
5 game with starters better
Arent you a vet? Its the knicks, and they have more assists than sa... look like doo doo

ducks
01-02-2018, 10:01 PM
Spurs
Usually lay a egg in New York

picnroll
01-03-2018, 09:14 AM
Haven’t kept on threads on Leonard but does it look to others like he’s lost a fair amount of muscle mass, strength to dominate compared to last season?

Fireball
01-03-2018, 10:37 AM
Watching him miss both of those babyhooks close to the basket was sad tbh

bklynspursfan
01-03-2018, 10:42 AM
Watching him miss both of those babyhooks close to the basket was sad tbh

He'll get that touch back. I was just happy to see his patented steal/1 man fast break

bdictjames
01-03-2018, 11:51 AM
I'm glad he's passing more. Kawhi and Aldridge need to work to mesh their games, and the team needs to come around these stars, for us to have a chance at a title. Much like around the Twin Towers. If anyone, Pop can coach this team!

rjv
01-03-2018, 12:46 PM
another ST hyperbole thread.

dabom
01-03-2018, 12:47 PM
another ST hyperbole thread.

Dude needs surgery. MaNu4Tres

Arcadian
01-03-2018, 12:53 PM
:lol dumbass

rjv
01-03-2018, 12:58 PM
Dude needs surgery. MaNu4Tres (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=5714) indeed. they may even have to amputate.

dabom
01-03-2018, 01:14 PM
indeed. they may even have to amputate.

:lmao

BatManu20
01-06-2018, 12:35 AM
Kawhi starting to look like Kawhi again. Slowly but surely. Hopefully it's all uphill from here.

BatManu20
01-06-2018, 12:36 AM

Robz4000
01-06-2018, 12:58 AM
His instincts are definitely returning to form, but he still looks slow out there.

TimDunkem
01-06-2018, 01:01 AM
No need to move too fast now and put undue stress on the quad. He's going to ramp it up as the season progresses as he rounds into basketball shape.

spursistan
01-06-2018, 01:08 AM
Starting to come along, even if tad slowly..It is pretty clear he doesn't have yet the legs underneath him for his 3ball..It is a feeling out process..

Ice009
01-06-2018, 01:19 AM
Hopefully he keeps going in the right direction, and is able to start going full speed/throttle very soon. I'm happy to see a guy that is now starting to look like Kawhi Leonard. I loved the havoc on defense.

SAGirl
01-06-2018, 03:16 AM
I was impressed that his defensive instincts have returned. He looked really good to me.
:claw

Dverde
01-06-2018, 01:56 PM
I wonder what happened to his arm sleeve. All the craze during preseason.

Fireball
01-06-2018, 01:59 PM
the Suns were throwing the ball all over the place so I do not know if Kawhi is getting better on defense again ... still some rotations he just did not give a shit about ... he scores because of his ballhandling and footwork, but his athleticism is still lacking ... a lot

YGWHI
01-06-2018, 05:11 PM
the Suns were throwing the ball all over the place so I do not know if Kawhi is getting better on defense again ... still some rotations he just did not give a shit about ... he scores because of his ballhandling and footwork, but his athleticism is still lacking ... a lot

Sounds great.

Who would have thought three years ago that "Kawhi scores because his ballhandling"...He has made fantastic improvements. I've never seen something like Kawhi's development.

Also, if he can keep scoring without relying on athleticism is the best thing for him now, if we consider his injury.

Good news. Kawhi is getting better...

Slippy
01-06-2018, 05:55 PM

Running back up the court he couldnt keep up with the suns.

He cant sprint like he used to. Hope hes coasting on D.

BatManu20
01-06-2018, 06:27 PM
Running back up the court he couldnt keep up with the suns.

He cant sprint like he used to. Hope hes coasting on D.

This is the most noticeable thing to me thus far. Defensively, he can't seem to stay in front of anyone. He gets blown by pretty easily right now. Nothing like the Kawhi of old. Hopefully just him playing it safe bc he doesn't quite trust his leg yet and nothing more.

NameLess Scrub
01-06-2018, 07:16 PM
It's the Suns.

But still, I agree that he looks somewhat better, but still needs a lot to be old Kawhi.

Stabula
01-06-2018, 09:05 PM

I was thinking precisely the same. Kawhi had several of his patented steal and dunk moments but the Suns were playing like absolute trash and couldn't protect the ball worth shit. Jury is still out on what Kawhi we'll be getting this post season and beyond.

Keepin' it real
01-06-2018, 09:59 PM
Kawhi passive and looks like crap

He looks sluggish, like a wet sponge.

https://y.yarn.co/ae982408-615b-4d1d-ab09-750affc5fd44_screenshot.jpg

emanueldavidginobili
01-06-2018, 10:35 PM
Kawhi out tomorrow with left shoulder strain lmao what a joke

bic50
01-07-2018, 12:20 AM
He looks sluggish, like a wet sponge.

https://y.yarn.co/ae982408-615b-4d1d-ab09-750affc5fd44_screenshot.jpg
He actually looked better defensively

YGWHI
01-07-2018, 05:03 PM
He actually looked better defensively
Some people here say "he cant sprint like he used to.." But in fact, he runs so well to block fast guards like Booker.

Remember last season when the team had worse defensive stats with him on court than whitout him? The same people said "he didn't look like himself on defense", well stats changed but the same people keep saying the same things. Crazy, right?

Slippy
01-07-2018, 06:00 PM
Some people here say "he cant sprint like he used to.." But in fact, he runs so well to block fast guards like Booker.

Doesn't matter, he stil got beat plenty of times on D. Fact is hes sprinting slower & getting the odd block from behind because of his length doesnt make up for it.

YGWHI
01-07-2018, 06:23 PM
getting the odd block from behind

These guys...

In a fast-break, where you gets the block?

Did you watch LeBron block in the Finals? Any Danny's block in rival's fastbreaks?

Kawhi was behind the opposite 3-point line and was fast enough to run the court and block a extremely quick guard like Booker ...

Of course he doesn't have his legs yet, I wouldn't expect it at this point of his recovery...But he runs enough well.

YGWHI
01-07-2018, 06:29 PM
Just because I love and miss Danny...Blocking FROM BEHIND :tu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1VB-EM9sO4

SAGirl
01-07-2018, 06:30 PM
frankly I wonder if Kawhi sprained his shoulder in the one block from behind he had on Josh Jackson. It took a lot of strength and he fell to the floor, Josh is strong and also stumbled, he didn't let go of that ball easily.

SAGirl
01-07-2018, 06:31 PM
Just because I miss and love Danny...Blocking FROM BEHIND :tu

unfortunately it ended still in a basket by Thomson bc Gasol cannot be bothered to go after a long rebound. :lol

Slippy
01-07-2018, 07:04 PM
Just because I love and miss Danny...Blocking FROM BEHIND :tu

Watch the LAST game again. Theres a couple of plays where Kawai doesnt run back fast enough & it leads to a timeout from pop. That last play, Kawai was running back toe to toe with his guy but by the time they got to the basket he was a good 2 steps behind.

We all hoping its his conditioning & maybe he coasting a little on d . Right now, there no ignoring Kawai looks a step or 2 slower.

YGWHI
01-07-2018, 07:23 PM
That last play, Kawai was running back toe to toe with his guy but by the time they got to the basket he was a good 2 steps behind.

No. When he blocked Booker he wasn't running back toe to toe with him...Kawhi was blocked behind the opposite 3-point line before so he started running after Booked took the ball and ran

Slippy
01-07-2018, 08:25 PM
No. When he blocked Booker he wasn't running back toe to toe with him...Kawhi was blocked behind the opposite 3-point line before so he started running after Booked took the ball and ran

Different play. Watch the game again or stay in denial

dabom
01-08-2018, 04:58 PM
He's having a really tough time creating separation with the ball.

It's concerning to me that he may not be the same, unless he has surgery.

You just went of a fucking crusade on Kawhi. If that doesn't constitute begging for surgery, then your the fucking idiot here. :lmao

dabom
01-08-2018, 05:01 PM
MaNu4Tres. :lmao

MaNu4Tres
01-17-2018, 02:32 PM
Lol at post #88.

Should I add a laughing Emoji?

dabom
01-17-2018, 02:34 PM
Lol at post #88.

Should I add a laughing Emoji?

So now you agree with me? :lmao

dabom
01-17-2018, 02:34 PM
Your own quotes disagree with you here. :lol

MaNu4Tres
01-17-2018, 02:38 PM
So now you agree with me? :lmao

Everything I said in post 88 was spot on w Kawhi being out indefinitely now.

Laugh away.

dabom
01-17-2018, 02:42 PM
Everything I said in post 88 was spot on w Kawhi being out indefinitely now.

Laugh away.

You disagreed with your own assessment in a different thread you dumb fuck. And so now you're flip flopping back. :lmao

MaNu4Tres
01-17-2018, 02:43 PM
You disagreed with your own assessment in a different thread you dumb fuck. And so now you're flip flopping back. :lmao

Nope. Wrong again.

dabom
01-17-2018, 02:47 PM
Nope. Wrong again.

OP also said Kawhi needs quad surgery. Along with his shitty takes. :lol

I see you still love to troll about things that were never said. Nice post.

:lmao :lmao