PDA

View Full Version : SA New Year Tricentennial celebration

RGMCSE
01-01-2018, 08:05 AM
I’ve been Downtown SA and other cities for New Years celebrations. I happened to catch some of the Ksat 12 coverage and it was embarrassing. Fucking pat benetar and REO speed wagon. A Ferris wheel? The same old tired ass fireworks. When the fuck is this city gonna step up? Same fucking airport from 1960. We have a fucking useless tower. Use it right like in Taipei.

pLEJ1ZQOaLE

DJR210
01-01-2018, 12:36 PM
What was the ratio down there of class to face tats and Orejon Spurs on the neck for anyone who went down there?

DMC
01-01-2018, 12:38 PM
I’ve been Downtown SA and other cities for New Years celebrations. I happened to catch some of the Ksat 12 coverage and it was embarrassing. Fucking pat benetar and REO speed wagon. A Ferris wheel? The same old tired ass fireworks. When the fuck is this city gonna step up? Same fucking airport from 1960. We have a fucking useless tower. Use it right like in Taipei.

pLEJ1ZQOaLE

No Cheap Trick? No Pat Travers? No Foghat? Where are all the new acts?

RGMCSE
01-01-2018, 03:44 PM
What was the ratio down there of class to face tats and Orejon Spurs on the neck for anyone who went down there?

How many baby strollers and 5 and under snot nosed kids not wearing jackets down there?

RGMCSE
01-01-2018, 03:49 PM
No Cheap Trick? No Pat Travers? No Foghat? Where are all the new acts?

Next year Cindy Lauper and Hall and Oates.

DMC
01-01-2018, 04:32 PM

Damn... That's high end talent.

Debbie Gibson coming soon? How about some of that Men without Hats?

S-S-S-S A-A-A-A F-F-F-F E-E-E-E T-T-T-T Y-Y-Y-Y Safe-Safe-Safe-Safe Dance-Dance-Dance-Dance

UNT Eagles 2016
01-02-2018, 03:18 AM
REO Speedwagon and even Benatar certainly beat the hell out of shitty ass ghetto rap crap and teenie pop of the new century.

The 80s rocked, get over it.

RGMCSE
01-02-2018, 10:06 AM
REO Speedwagon and even Benatar certainly beat the hell out of shitty ass ghetto rap crap and teenie pop of the new century.

The 80s rocked, get over it.

So you are against anything within the last 30 years? Fucking dumbass.

UNT Eagles 2016
01-02-2018, 11:20 PM
So you are against anything within the last 30 years? Fucking dumbass.

No, I'm not. I love Metallica - Black Album era, some grunge, lots of post-grunge, some 2000s new metal like Linkin Park, Slipknot, some Disturbed, Avenged Sevenfold, and the like. And comedy music.

I just think the whole...... shake ya booty, slap dat ass, fuck dat bitch, smoke some weed, look i got dat money, look at mah bling, look at mah car, i tearin up dem hoes, nigga this nigga that, fuck up these niggas, ill bust a cap in yo ass...... sorry excuse for today's "music" has been extremely cancerous to society, in particular black society and has been largely to blame for black violence, domestic violence, drug violence, gang violence, bad race relations and the like.

Avante
01-02-2018, 11:38 PM
Being we are talking just one event, does it really matter what the music is or isn't? I don't need any celebration to get my music fix and I get my personal wants and needs aren't too important there. So just suck it up for a little while and make it work the best you can. Something we all do.

Spurtacular
01-03-2018, 12:42 AM
Reck would've been all over this, tbh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIb6AZdTr-A

RGMCSE
01-03-2018, 02:30 PM
No, I'm not. I love Metallica - Black Album era, some grunge, lots of post-grunge, some 2000s new metal like Linkin Park, Slipknot, some Disturbed, Avenged Sevenfold, and the like. And comedy music.

I just think the whole...... shake ya booty, slap dat ass, fuck dat bitch, smoke some weed, look i got dat money, look at mah bling, look at mah car, i tearin up dem hoes, nigga this nigga that, fuck up these niggas, ill bust a cap in yo ass...... sorry excuse for today's "music" has been extremely cancerous to society, in particular black society and has been largely to blame for black violence, domestic violence, drug violence, gang violence, bad race relations and the like.

I dont totally disagre. But I never advocated for hip hop or rap. It could be a popular Latino group which makes sense in San Antonio or some new indie pop rock. I go to #ACLFEST and they have plenty of acts that don’t disparage anyone and are pretty popular. Why can’t San Antonio think outside the box. Inmho they fucked this whole tricentennial ideal up. Not to mention it’s embarrasing when the reporter is live asking the major sponsor USAA what kind of exciting ideas to look forward to in 2018 and he mentioned the army and navy bands as major events to commentate 300 years. WTF!? I know SA is military USA and all that but that’s not all we have to offer as a city. Holy crap what a complete and utter embarrassment for the city.

.G.
01-03-2018, 11:08 PM
We’re military city usa mayne, and that’s all this city will ever be known for. And that alone makes sanantonio a fucking lame ass city. it’ll prolly be one of the first cities to go come the nuclear holocaust. Silver lining.

UNT Eagles 2016
01-04-2018, 11:09 AM
I dont totally disagre. But I never advocated for hip hop or rap. It could be a popular Latino group which makes sense in San Antonio or some new indie pop rock. I go to #ACLFEST and they have plenty of acts that don’t disparage anyone and are pretty popular. Why can’t San Antonio think outside the box. Inmho they fucked this whole tricentennial ideal up. Not to mention it’s embarrasing when the reporter is live asking the major sponsor USAA what kind of exciting ideas to look forward to in 2018 and he mentioned the army and navy bands as major events to commentate 300 years. WTF!? I know SA is military USA and all that but that’s not all we have to offer as a city. Holy crap what a complete and utter embarrassment for the city.
Latino ranchero music would have been more appropriate for the situation and the city actually, since SA is Little Mexico. But it would have alienated the idk, 15% of non-hispanics that live here, such as me. I wouldn't care though, just wouldn't have turned the TV on. More interested in drinking sparkling apple cider with the fam than hearing lo siento mi amor on my new year's.

Definitely fuck gangsta rap excuse for music, though.

UNT Eagles 2016
01-04-2018, 11:13 AM
We’re military city usa mayne, and that’s all this city will ever be known for. And that alone makes sanantonio a fucking lame ass city. it’ll prolly be one of the first cities to go come the nuclear holocaust. Silver lining.

SA isn't in the path of any city NK would want to attack, Maybe unless they really wanted to attack Miami but that would be stupid because of the high likelihood it would end up in the water

Most likely if they did get one off (<1% chance) they'd go after a big East Coast megalopolis and have a lot of wiggle room to hit land if it falls short. It'd probably end up in somewhere like Nebraska, which wouldn't kill more than a few thousand but would cause a massive headache regardless ...or it misses long and ends up near Bermuda.

Let's not let it come to that