PDA

View Full Version : Pop is an absolute idiot with the hack a Simmons

Amuseddaysleeper
01-03-2018, 09:18 PM
Cost the team the game, he's learned nothing since the Clippers series.

Why the hell would you foul when you have the lead? Spurs lost all momentum thanks to his stupid idiotic shenanigans

ElNono
01-03-2018, 09:22 PM
:pop: kiss them rings

daslicer
01-03-2018, 09:23 PM
One of the few times I agree with the OP.

Robz4000
01-03-2018, 09:23 PM
:pop: my way or the highway

UZER
01-03-2018, 09:24 PM
Regular season
Threw the game
Not showing cards
Resting players

Blah blah blah

Amuseddaysleeper
01-03-2018, 09:24 PM
One of the few times I agree with the OP.

Cheers :toast

Amuseddaysleeper
01-03-2018, 09:25 PM
What's even more frustrating is that the Rockets lost 7 of their last 9 games and the Spurs don't make up any ground :bang

Robz4000
01-03-2018, 09:26 PM
Pop is the biggest detriment to this team winning another title tbh.

spursistan
01-03-2018, 09:27 PM
Tired of his loser shticks, tbh..It is not funny anymore..We are losing basketball games BEACUSE of him just like your random shitty coach in this league..

UZER
01-03-2018, 09:27 PM

Get let yourself

:pop:

UZER
01-03-2018, 09:29 PM
How can pop call out players for effort when he's half assing through the entire season?

spursistan
01-03-2018, 09:29 PM
Team worked their butt off to steal a game on the road and shorthanded only for him to get cute and ruin their effort..

MultiTroll
01-03-2018, 09:30 PM
Timmy Dunks just keeps getting better doesn't he.

Spurtacular
01-03-2018, 09:30 PM
:pop: kiss them rings

I'd have rings too if I had coached Manu and Duncan in their primes.

SpurPadre
01-03-2018, 09:33 PM
Regular season
Threw the game
Not showing cards
Resting players

Blah blah blah

No Home court advantage against the Dubs or Rockets=no ring season, tbh.

TheGreatYacht
01-03-2018, 09:34 PM
It was Patty's best game since the Clippers series and just like that one, Poop lost the game due to hacking :lol

UZER
01-03-2018, 09:36 PM
No Home court advantage against the Dubs or Rockets=no ring season, tbh.

Pop was great. He's a shadow now because there is no fire under his feet. He does what he wants with no repercussions from the front office or media.

Floyd Pacquiao
01-03-2018, 09:40 PM
I hope the NBA outlaws the hack a " x ". Pop just can't keep from wetting himself.

FkLA
01-03-2018, 09:40 PM
This motherfucker has a huge ego. Thinks he knows better than everyone because he "plays the percentages". Between this and micromanaging players coming off injuries (which nobody else does) he's becoming really fucking annoying, tbh.

NASpurs
01-03-2018, 09:42 PM
This motherfucker has a huge ego. Thinks he knows better than everyone because he "plays the percentages". Between this and the micromanaging players coming off injuries (which nobody else does) he's becoming really fucking annoying, tbh.

And for some reason, LDN has been playing with a groin injury for the past week or so. Who the fuck understands Poop.

FkLA
01-03-2018, 09:42 PM
What's even more frustrating is that the Rockets lost 7 of their last 9 games and the Spurs don't make up any ground :bang

Uh unless the Spurs have lost 7 of the last 9 themselves then they have made up ground, dummy.

Amuseddaysleeper
01-03-2018, 09:45 PM
Uh unless the Spurs have lost 7 of the last 9 themselves then they have made up ground, dummy.

Like a game or two at the most which is absolutely brutal considering that Rockets stretch. If the Spurs lost 7 of 9 they'd be a sixth seed.

FkLA
01-03-2018, 09:48 PM
Poop probably wants to win using the hack-a strategy so he can be called a genius. He babied 40 year old Duncan, everyone jacked him off over it and now he does it with a 26 year old Kawhi. He loves being an "innovator".

Stabula
01-03-2018, 10:01 PM
And for some reason, LDN has been playing with a groin injury for the past week or so. Who the fuck understands Poop.

Been wondering what gives with this as well considering how he's babying Kawhi, old players, and to a lesser extent Tony

Floyd Pacquiao
01-03-2018, 10:02 PM
poop in the presser: "sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't".
:lol it's literally never worked you egomaniac

Stabula
01-03-2018, 10:03 PM
Poop probably wants to win using the hack-a strategy so he can be called a genius. He babied 40 year old Duncan, everyone jacked him off over it and now he does it with a 26 year old Kawhi. He loves being an "innovator".

I don't think he cares about being an innovator right now, in fact I think that's the issue, he doesn't care at all anymore. "It's just a game" is his attitude and yeah obviously there's more to life but if you're going to be paid so much and spend so much of your time doing this you might as well do it at your utmost. However he doesn't think that way anymore, it seems.

spursistan
01-03-2018, 10:04 PM
He doesn't answer to anyone and he's fully aware it..I'm also disappointed in Messina/Udoka as they have proved to be gutless yes men who hold no sway with him unlike Bud or even Mike Brown..

Tenured coach careers have all more or less ended on sour notes because of the inherent complacency that comes with the knowledge of said coach can't be fired, this feels no different..

Stabula
01-03-2018, 10:07 PM
He doesn't answer to anyone and he's fully aware it..I'm also disappointed in Messina/Udoka as they have proved to be gutless yes men who hold no sway with him unlike Bud or even Mike Brown..

Tenured coaching careers have all more or less ended on sour notes because of the inherent complacency that comes with the knowledge of the said coach can't be fired, this feels no different..

If you had a secure job making big money as an assistant coach under someone with the name-brand and legendary status as Pop would you rock the boat? I don't know if I'd do that. Don't think Pop should be fired or even retire (he has the potential to bring big name FAs like he did LMA because of his reputation) but he needs to give up the alpha role if he's not going to give the game the same passion he did in the past.

Blackjack
01-03-2018, 10:07 PM
It's mind-boggling.

Really wish I had taken the opportunity to be part of the press corps when I had the opportunity.

I'm not nearly as attached these days, miss more games than I see, but this is what triggers me - a coach that prides himself on defense publicly, but practices to the contrary with mental fuckery.

This was a game you've all but forfeit - injuries and rest depleting the team - yet the team busts its ass and had a young team on the ropes. They've blown another lead late, your club is riding momentum, all you have to do is keep applying pressure - nope.

"Let's give them Free-Throws". As in "Free," no defense, his pseudo science supersedes the ascribed philosophy. It's bullshit. How in the hell do you foul up two, on the road, against a young team that's ready go grab their ankles?

For all that Pop's done right helping to build this team and culture, he handicaps them - attaches a lower ceiling - with this bullshit.

I feel bad for the team. They buy in and get sold a bill of shit being told it's not about any individual.

It's about Pop, plain and simple.

TheGreatYacht
01-03-2018, 10:12 PM
If you had a secure job making big money as an assistant coach under someone with the name-brand and legendary status as Pop would you rock the boat? I don't know if I'd do that. Don't think Pop should be fired or even retire (he has the potential to bring big name FAs like he did LMA because of his reputation) but he needs to give up the alpha role if he's not going to give the game the same passion he did in the past.
That's just not true tbh. There's a lot of verbal fluffing but today's divas don't really want to play for someone like Pop...

timtonymanu
01-03-2018, 10:14 PM
Most overrated coach since 2014. Wants his players to get over themselves but his ego is the biggest detriment to the team. He will be the reason we flame out in the playoffs again.

Stabula
01-03-2018, 10:15 PM
That's just not true tbh. There's a lot of verbal fluffing but today's divas don't really want to play for someone like Pop...

Not every star is a diva

phxspurfan
01-03-2018, 10:16 PM
He used it to give his guys a break. He also just basically gave a W to his homie Brett Brown. U know Pop don't like the 1 seed anyway (or doesn't believe Spurs can out win the Dubs or Reg Season Rockettes anyway)

FkLA
Did anyone hear his response when a reporter asked him what factors go into using the hack-a strategy? What a condescending jackass smh.

Basically laughed at the guy, asked him if he's serious, said he thought he would miss the FT, laughed again, said pretty smart huh, then laughed some more. Maybe the reporter should've flat out asked what was up with the idiotic intentional fouls instead of wording it so nicely.

timtonymanu
Part of me wants Kawhi to leave. And give him the reality check he needs.

phxspurfan
01-03-2018, 10:17 PM
BTW real talk. Was Post Malone named after Karl Malone

Uriel
01-03-2018, 10:18 PM
Simmons is a 50% free throw shooter. That game could have gone either way. Simmons misses those free throws when we're ahead and everyone is singing Pop's praises over what a genius he is.

Relax.

spursistan
01-03-2018, 10:20 PM
Did anyone hear his response when a reporter asked him what factors go into using the hack-a strategy? What a condescending jackass smh.

Told you he is fully aware of his act..Pop has believed his own press ever since 2014, that is much clear..

NASpurs
01-03-2018, 10:20 PM
Simmons is a 50% free throw shooter. That game could have gone either way. Simmons misses those free throws when we're ahead and everyone is singing Pop's praises over what a genius he is.

Relax.

He was also in a rhythm and basically making them all. If Simmons was clanking them all before that, then you would have a point but he wasn't.

And let's be real, Simmons isn't Shaq or DeAndre Jordan. He's a guard in a forward's body.

Stabula
01-03-2018, 10:21 PM
BTW real talk. Was Post Malone named after Karl Malone

Think so

FkLA
01-03-2018, 10:21 PM

Relax.

Like when he went hack-a-demonkey jordan in the Clipper series and his genius move helped us pull out so many games and ultimately the series, huh?

ElNono
01-03-2018, 10:28 PM
It's mind-boggling.

Really wish I had taken the opportunity to be part of the press corps when I had the opportunity.

I'm not nearly as attached these days, miss more games than I see, but this is what triggers me - a coach that prides himself on defense publicly, but practices to the contrary with mental fuckery.

This was a game you've all but forfeit - injuries and rest depleting the team - yet the team busts its ass and had a young team on the ropes. They've blown another lead late, your club is riding momentum, all you have to do is keep applying pressure - nope.

"Let's give them Free-Throws". As in "Free," no defense, his pseudo science supersedes the ascribed philosophy. It's bullshit. How in the hell do you foul up two, on the road, against a young team that's ready go grab their ankles?

For all that Pop's done right helping to build this team and culture, he handicaps them - attaches a lower ceiling - with this bullshit.

I feel bad for the team. They buy in and get sold a bill of shit being told it's not about any individual.

Amen

Blackjack
01-03-2018, 10:30 PM

Relax.

If you pride yourself on defense, if it's about winning and not losing, why would you put your fate in someone else's hands?

I get the tactic to break rhythm of the opposing team, I don't get why you'd break positive momentum - especially against a young team like this that is hanging themselves.

It's a bitchass move. Your team's up two, they have to score on a defense, the opponent should too.

ElNono
01-03-2018, 10:33 PM
Plus the Spurs had all the momentum at that point, the arena was quiet...

:pop: I don't believe in momentum, hot hands

aw fuck

spursistan
01-03-2018, 10:33 PM
It's mind-boggling.

Daaam :wow .../thread

Blackjack
01-03-2018, 10:34 PM

aw fuck

My nigga. :tu

spursistan
01-03-2018, 10:37 PM

aw fuck

This is what annoys me the most..You just don't hack when you're reeling in a team WITHOUT IT in the ongoing run; let the fools complete their implosion..

FkLA
01-03-2018, 10:37 PM
It's mind-boggling.

Great post. I've been saying he has the biggest ego on the team for a while. Hockey line subs against Memphis in the playoffs, micromanaging players minutes, intentional fouls. It's all about Pops ego.

FkLA
01-03-2018, 10:38 PM

Amuseddaysleeper
01-03-2018, 10:41 PM

Relax.

Except he was 9/13 at one point from the line, he was having none of his best free throw shooting nights of the season. Very stupid strategy especially when you’re winning.

Blackjack
01-03-2018, 10:43 PM

Don't know who that is, but it was painfully obvious. Pop needs to be called out on this shit.

If I can get the wife and kids on-board, I'm coming for McDonald's job. No bullshit.

SAGirl
01-03-2018, 10:44 PM
This is what annoys me the most..You just don't hack when you're reeling in a team WITHOUT IT in the ongoing run; let the fools complete their implosion..
I would have preferred to see Pop let the players decide the game. I think he suspected they weren't going to be able to get stops bc the fouling/refereeing was such a problem.

Still, he did deprive the players of the opportunity to play out the possession and it was the players who got the game to that point to even be ahead.

UZER
01-03-2018, 10:48 PM
If you pride yourself on defense, if it's about winning and not losing, why would you put your fate in someone else's hands?

I get the tactic to break rhythm of the opposing team, I don't get why you'd break positive momentum - especially against a young team like this that is hanging themselves.

It's a bitchass move. Your team's up two, they have to score on a defense, the opponent should too.

I've said 100 times, Pop doesn't give a shit about momentum. He notoriously yanks players that are in a groove, as if he's snuffing out any chance their head gets a little big.

He coaches grown ass men like an eighth grade gym coach.

Blackjack
01-03-2018, 10:53 PM
I've said 100 times, Pop doesn't give a shit about momentum. He notoriously yanks players that are in a groove, as if he's snuffing out any chance their head gets a little big.

He coaches grown ass men like an eighth grade gym coach.

Because it's about him and his "genius." He's bought into the press-clippings, like Duncan had no part.

We're the San Antonio Pops, as far as he's concerned - and it's been like that for awhile now.

Hoops Czar
01-03-2018, 11:20 PM
Because it's about him and his "genius." He's bought into the press-clippings, like Duncan had no part.

We're the San Antonio Pops, as far as he's concerned - and it's been like that for awhile now.

The hyprocrits are out in full force these days. Regular season games are meaningless. :lol The PATFO is the smartest organization in sports, they know what they're doing more than you. :lol Where do you think he got that 'genius' title from in the first place? The media and fans alike. I would say 90% of this forum wasn't saying shit prior to 2015 when the team was winning. Heck, posters were still defending him when he proudly pissed away several game in 2015 that saw the Spurs drop from the 2nd seed to the 6th seed with a loss on the final day of the regular season. It's only an issue now because Tim Duncan isn't around to clean up his mess and make him look smart and most importantly, the team is losing.

Blackjack
01-03-2018, 11:35 PM
The hyprocrits are out in full force these days. Regular season games are meaningless. :lol The PATFO is the smartest organization in sports, they know what they're doing more than you. :lol Where do you think he got that 'genius' title from in the first place? The media and fans alike. I would say 90% of this forum wasn't saying shit prior to 2015 when the team was winning. Heck, posters were still defending him when he proudly pissed away several game in 2015 that saw the Spurs drop from the 2nd seed to the 6th seed with a loss on the final day of the regular season. It's only an issue now because Tim Duncan isn't around to clean up his mess and make him look smart and most importantly, the team is losing.

Pop deserves credit, but it's laughable to see the retrospective credit he receives now - the media and fans are just now giving credit for the dues of yesteryear.

Like I said, he deserves credit for building a template of sustained success. But that template has no shot without Duncan and a commitment to defense - not at the highest level, at least.

He's made the Spurs into a gatekeeper. They're the ones you beat to become a champion, not the ones that threaten the throne.

They could be - possibly - but he won't allow it. Not unless it's due to him and his intelligence.

Hoops Czar
01-03-2018, 11:56 PM
Pop deserves credit, but it's laughable to see the retrospective credit he receives now - the media and fans are just now giving credit for the dues of yesteryear.

Like I said, he deserves credit for building a template of sustained success. But that template has no shot without Duncan and a commitment to defense - not at the highest level, at least.

He's made the Spurs into a gatekeeper. They're the ones you beat to become a champion, not the ones that threaten the throne.

They could be - possibly - but he won't allow it. Not unless it's due to him and his intelligence.

Meh, I give Sam Presti 85% credit for building the template and Pop 15% for being in the room. I don't think the decision to draft Tim Duncan over Keith Van Horn was a particularly challenging one. I agree with the rest though.

itzsoweezee
01-04-2018, 12:05 AM
This dumb gimmick has never worked. I thought the Spurs employed a bunch of smart guys, so why are they always pulling this dumb shit?

itzsoweezee
01-04-2018, 12:28 AM
This dumb gimmick has never worked. I thought the Spurs employed a bunch of smart guys, so why are they always pulling this dumb shit?

Blackjack
01-04-2018, 12:30 AM
Meh, I give Sam Presti 85% credit for building the template and Pop 15% for being in the room. I don't think the decision to draft Tim Duncan over Keith Van Horn was a particularly challenging one. I agree with the rest though.

Tim allowed his system to work. He's been living off residuals. I give him credit for the template because it takes something to sustain that kind of success. Talent first, but he did something with it. I don't think he did the most he could have with it, but many have done less.

Tim's shadow has had him trying to create his own. He's failed - and it's tactics like tonight that prove the point, imo.

Ice009
01-04-2018, 12:41 AM
I just watched the game. I am mad as hell.

He's a FUCKING TWAT. Ben Simmons isn't Shaq. What a fucking idiot call from Pop. I am really starting the believe the people that are saying Pop is making it all about him.

WHAT A FUCKING IDIOTIC STRATEGY. Fucking stupid, stupid call to hack Simmons.

siraulo23
01-04-2018, 01:07 AM
Spurs had the game in the bag until pop decided to fuck it all up

siraulo23
01-04-2018, 01:09 AM

BG_Spurs_Fan
01-04-2018, 01:57 AM
He's a FUCKING TWAT. Ben Simmons isn't Shaq.

Shaq's career FT% is only slightly worse than BS's.

I agree it was stupid because it broke the Spurs flow, it was at a time the Spurs were on a 13-4 run or something like that, but it wasn't what lost them the game. The hacking stopped at 104 a piece, 2 minutes left to play and Spurs ball. They failed to execute down the stretch.

SAGirl
01-04-2018, 02:12 AM

aw fuck

Hasn’t he lost games like that b4? Sure they were close games, tough, maybe you even needed some good luck to win them ( whether lucky makes or misses or something) but yea Pop took the luck/random momentum element and said. Nahhh

He has done it b4 and lost games that way. I think he was upset by all the Spurs fouling and wel Pop has a temper.

Lets hack ben

ElNono
01-04-2018, 02:51 AM
Pop was amazing in 2014... benching Timmy D in 2013 I'm sure played a part in that. He was a maniac a year later. Unfortunately, I don't see a tragedy like that play out again, and so we get Poop...

r0drig0lac
01-04-2018, 03:25 AM
Team worked their butt off to steal a game on the road and shorthanded only for him to get cute and ruin their effort..

tbh.

Spurtacular
01-04-2018, 04:06 AM
I just watched the game. I am mad as hell.

He's a FUCKING TWAT. Ben Simmons isn't Shaq. What a fucking idiot call from Pop. I am really starting the believe the people that are saying Pop is making it all about him.

WHAT A FUCKING IDIOTIC STRATEGY. Fucking stupid, stupid call to hack Simmons.

He had already hit six in a row or something shortly before that. And it's not like he was missing all that badly either; and many shots were looking pretty good / not just clanking them in.

duncan2k5
01-04-2018, 06:57 AM
Completely agree... Dude was making a huge scene to foul Simmons... Wanted it to be about him coaching and doing the unexpected... Because literally NO other coach in the NBA would think about doing something so stupid... His ego is off the charts... If Kawhi leaves, it will be because of how pop babies him

duncan2k5
01-04-2018, 07:04 AM

I agree it was stupid because it broke the Spurs flow, it was at a time the Spurs were on a 13-4 run or something like that, but it wasn't what lost them the game. The hacking stopped at 104 a piece, 2 minutes left to play and Spurs ball. They failed to execute down the stretch.

Because it broke our momentum... Don't u ever play basketball?

duncan2k5
01-04-2018, 07:08 AM
Pop was amazing in 2014... benching Timmy D in 2013 I'm sure played a part in that. He was a maniac a year later. Unfortunately, I don't see a tragedy like that play out again, and so we get Poop...

Pop benching Timmy was another cute Pop move to do something unconventional (stupid) that would make the media talk about how clever he is since at that time it looked like we couldn't possibly lose...

BG_Spurs_Fan
01-04-2018, 07:11 AM

Because it broke our momentum...

Don't you ever read?

Don't u ever play basketball?

No.

Keepin' it real
01-04-2018, 10:20 AM

"Pop's a bum." -- spurstalk

Like I said ...

SpursforSix
01-04-2018, 10:26 AM
I'd have rings too if I had coached Manu and Duncan in their primes.

:pop: Agreed. Probably more than 5. I've had it pretty easy.

NameLess Scrub
01-04-2018, 10:40 AM
So that's how they lost to a team in a 12 game losing streak?

Raven
01-04-2018, 10:41 AM
yeah it was dumb.. Only hack when the other team has an offensive momentum that seems impossible to stop.
Good on Simmons to show up though.

NameLess Scrub
01-04-2018, 10:48 AM
Don't you ever read?

No.

Keeping momentum means they could have been better than 104 -104 at that point. Of course it's speculation, but I would be very hesitant of hacking if my team is in a playing rythm that's producing a good run.

It sounds more convenient to start hacking in order to interrupt the opponents run.

ElNono
01-04-2018, 10:59 AM
Like I said ...

That's actually a pretty shitty list, tbh... there's a grand total of 1 championship in the top 3. What's the point you're trying to make? A long tenured coach with the best player of his generation can win a lot? Ok...

raybies
01-04-2018, 10:59 AM

What I seen was we lost cause of inexperience. The youth shot us in the foot. Countless turnovers, bad rotations, fouls on shooters, etc. There's more to the game than the last two minutes. We played like ass. We put ourself in position to lose. The youth made a lot of mistakes. As Pop says it's a game of mistakes and I agree. We can't just string a good quarter and expect to win. Everyone wants to get younger, but younger doesn't necessarily mean more dubs. Young players make tons of mistakes. I understand why Pop goes to the vets. You can trust them more with more pressure.

As for the hack a Simmons, questionable but like you said the game was tied. We still didn't execute.

NameLess Scrub
01-04-2018, 11:01 AM

Good or bad Pop, I have to agree with this.

Playing in the Spurs means risking less credit, income, biased reffing, etc. All that for rings? Nahh :lol

FkLA
01-04-2018, 12:45 PM
Like I said ...

Pop is the GOAT imo but with that he's also grown quite the ego. He does stupid shit that no other coach would do. Hockey line subs in a playoff games bc he wants to teach the starters a lesson, micromanaging the minutes of a star player in his prime, hacking when his team has momentum. Nobody else would do that except him bc he's trying to exert his "genius" on games.

Seventyniner
01-04-2018, 01:04 PM

Relax.

DMC
01-04-2018, 01:13 PM
Pop knows that making up ground between 3rd and 1st means not a damn thing come playoff time. Seeding isn't why we lost in the WCF last year. It's not why we won against Houston either.

DMC
01-04-2018, 01:14 PM
Pop is the GOAT imo but with that he's also grown quite the ego. He does stupid shit that no other coach would do. Hockey line subs in a playoff games bc he wants to teach the starters a lesson, micromanaging the minutes of a star player in his prime, hacking when his team has momentum. Nobody else would do that except him bc he's trying to exert his "genius" on games.

He's not trying to teach the starters a lesson. He's giving his bench a booster shot by saying "you guys are about as good as these guys, get in there and let it show". His starters are what they are. It's the bench that's going to make or break us.

spurraider21
01-04-2018, 01:38 PM
i dont hate hacking, it just should be done right. the purpose of hacking should be to throw a wrench into the other team's momentum if they have a player getting hot, or if they keep scoring in transition.

but when the spurs get back into a game and even take a lead, to hack then just seems counterproductive.

SpursforSix
01-04-2018, 01:43 PM
Tim allowed his system to work. He's been living off residuals. I give him credit for the template because it takes something to sustain that kind of success. Talent first, but he did something with it. I don't think he did the most he could have with it, but many have done less.

Tim's shadow has had him trying to create his own. He's failed - and it's tactics like tonight that prove the point, imo.

:pop: Tbh, I really don't know what to do without the best power forward of all time.

TD 21
01-04-2018, 06:01 PM
Agree with virtually everything Blackjack said.

Also, I'm sick and tired of this half pregnant approach to game throwing. Either play to win or be all the way committed to resting, sit the entire top 8 and call up both Hilliard and Costello. They're going to lose either way, so they might as well lose with every important player getting rest instead of running some into the ground in a lost cause.

Always an apologist. Without a single viable play maker, they were never going to win that game based on execution. They needed them to essentially beat themselves. Young team, spiraling out of control, you have to hope to ride the wave of momentum and get out of their with a win before they have time to regroup and recover. Instead, he provided a vehicle for them to do just that.

Kool Bob Love
01-04-2018, 06:13 PM
Like I said ...
Tim Duncan

Keep it real, K'Ir.

sasaint
01-04-2018, 06:20 PM
Always an apologist. Without a single viable play maker, they were never going to win that game based on execution. They needed them to essentially beat themselves. Young team, spiraling out of control, you have to hope to ride the wave of momentum and get out of their with a win before they have time to regroup and recover. Instead, he provided a vehicle for them to do just that.

That is an outstanding take.

UZER
01-04-2018, 08:08 PM
Agree with virtually everything Blackjack said.

Also, I'm sick and tired of this half pregnant approach to game throwing. Either play to win or be all the way committed to resting, sit the entire top 8 and call up both Hilliard and Costello. They're going to lose either way, so they might as well lose with every important player getting rest instead of running some into the ground in a lost cause.

I don't believe in momentum...at all.

:pop:

TheGreatYacht
01-05-2018, 12:40 PM

:lol not only was he a dick to reporters who questioned his senile ass, he made the players watch tape to see what they did wrong lmfao.

TimDunkem
01-05-2018, 12:43 PM

:lol not only was he a dick to reporters who questioned his senile ass, he made the players watch tape to see what they did wrong lmfao.
No wonder Pop loves guys without an ego. There's not enough room in the entire franchise to fit another ego alongside his own. :lol

TheGreatYacht
01-05-2018, 12:44 PM
No wonder Pop loves guys without an ego. There's not enough room in the entire franchise to fit another ego alongside his own. :lol
Fucking truth bomb

bklynspursfan
01-05-2018, 12:46 PM
Smh @ Pop being upset at his players for going down big yet again early on, & for turning the ball over and not playing well.

But sure, Hack a Simmons

Brazil
01-05-2018, 12:58 PM
ST going full retard after a failed hack a x player costing one RS game :lol

TheGreatYacht
01-05-2018, 01:03 PM
Smh @ Pop being upset at his players for going down big yet again early on, & for turning the ball over and not playing well.

But sure, Hack a Simmons
Playing an above .500 team, on the road, minus 6 players, AND STILL managed to have the lead at the end of the game.... all that so Poop's ego can take over the game by trying to be the tallest midget.

Floyd Pacquiao
01-05-2018, 01:04 PM

Pop will never be man enough to take blame for a loss ever, and you'll never see him admit to a mistake.

TheGreatYacht
01-05-2018, 01:04 PM
ST going full retard after a failed hack a x player costing one RS game :lol
You'd have a point if Poop didn't have a track record of costing playoff series because of this shit

Brazil
01-05-2018, 01:09 PM
You'd have a point if Poop didn't have a track record of costing playoff series because of this shit

because of what shit ? hacking a x player ? what playoffs series you have in mind ?

TheGreatYacht
01-05-2018, 01:12 PM
because of what shit ? hacking a x player ? what playoffs series you have in mind ?
You serious? Not even worth debating :lol

All I gotta say is

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nba/players/full/3442.png&w=350&h=254

Brazil
01-05-2018, 01:12 PM
Look Pop has always been the same, people tries the lines of he does not give a shit anymore but that's BS. Pop is what he is, an ass with the press, has a huge ego, overthinks stuff etc etc.. nothing has much changed.

For all of that he has 5 rings and run the best franchise in all pro sports for decades now... we can all bitch about all we want but it is what it is. If you believe just luck made the small market Spurs the best for that amount of time, you are a tool.

TimDunkem
01-05-2018, 01:14 PM
Look Pop has always been the same, people tries the lines of he does not give a shit anymore but that's BS. Pop is what he is, an ass with the press, has a huge ego, overthinks stuff etc etc.. nothing has much changed.

For all of that he has 5 rings and run the best franchise in all pro sports for decades now... we can all bitch about all we want but it is what it is. If you believe just luck made the small market Spurs the best for that amount of time, you are a tool.
So then you're not disagreeing with us?

Brazil
01-05-2018, 01:16 PM
You serious? Not even worth debating :lol

All I gotta say is

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nba/players/full/3442.png&w=350&h=254

by the overall numbers I believe his hack a Jordan has been successful but I can be wrong.

ST is basically:

- 2013 Pop is to blame like all the years we failed at winning a title
- 2014 meh pop did nothing duncan did like the other 4

TheGreatYacht
01-05-2018, 01:17 PM
Where would we be without these hall of famers tbh?

http://ww2.hdnux.com/photos/36/14/03/7913697/25/1024x1024.jpg

:worthy:

Brazil
01-05-2018, 01:18 PM
So then you're not disagreeing with us?

I disagree to shit a storm about a meaningless RS game and the overall idea that Pop is now more of an egomaniac than the rest of his career or that he lost it, senile, too old etc etc when he is the same for years... and guess what he has been quite successful the way he is.

spurs10
01-05-2018, 01:19 PM
We were up 1 when we hacked Simmon's the first time then tied the second, we then missed almost every shot and Simmon's scored 5 more points...and we lost. You lose the three points we lost on the ft's and we still lose. You have to score and some big shots were missed.

Brazil
01-05-2018, 01:20 PM
Where would we be without these hall of famers tbh?

:worthy:

I can post pics of bunch of hall of famers who won jack shit too

again it is pretty stupid to go with Spurs won all of that despite Pop being the worst coach ever like you can read in this thread :lol

Brazil
01-05-2018, 01:21 PM
We were up 1 when we hacked Simmon's the first time then tied the second, we then missed almost every shot and Simmon's scored 5 more points...and we lost. You lose the three points we lost on the ft's and we still lose. You have to score and some big shots were missed.

don't try to be reasonable with stuff like that, you know momentum blabla pop is an idiot etc etc

TheGreatYacht
01-05-2018, 01:24 PM
I can post pics of bunch of hall of famers who won jack shit too

again it is pretty stupid to go with Spurs won all of that despite Pop being the worst coach ever like you can read in this thread :lol
Missing the point as per usual.

You like to give Pop all the credit (and that's fine) but don't get salty at some of us that remember him getting slapped around by Gentry, Hollins, and Phil before Kawhi arrived.

Brazil
01-05-2018, 01:28 PM
Missing the point as per usual.

You like to give Pop all the credit (and that's fine) but don't get salty at some of us that remember him getting slapped around by Gentry, Hollins, and Phil before Kawhi arrived.

I get your point, you give all the credit to our hall of famers and say between the lines they won despite Pop.

You however missed mine, I don't give all the credit of Pop on the contrary I'm on the bandwagon of those saying Tony, Tim, Kawhi etc.. would have been hall of famers with other franchises, pop did not make them but at the same time I recognized Pop has the goat coach.. this combination made the Spurs a small market one of the greatest franchise ever

TheGreatYacht
01-05-2018, 01:37 PM
I get your point, you give all the credit to our hall of famers and say between the lines they won despite Pop.

You however missed mine, I don't give all the credit of Pop on the contrary I'm on the bandwagon of those saying Tony, Tim, Kawhi etc.. would have been hall of famers with other franchises, pop did not make them but at the same time I recognized Pop has the goat coach.. this combination made the Spurs a small market one of the greatest franchise ever
I'd say it was more because of the former. Still, I don't get what the point was of criticizing posters who hate this "hack a x player" strategy that has never once worked in the history of its existence tbh

bklynspursfan
01-05-2018, 01:39 PM

This. It's not like we were stopping them either, prior to going to hack a Simmons. They were scoring consistently.

don't try to be reasonable with stuff like that, you know momentum blabla pop is an idiot etc etc

And this. Falls on deaf ears here

TheGreatYacht
01-05-2018, 01:44 PM
This. It's not like we were stopping them either, prior to going to hack a Simmons. They were scoring consistently.

And this. Falls on deaf ears here
As hard as you idiots try to spin it. A 14-5 run is indeed a 14-5 run. All that momentum. Gone :lol

Brazil
01-05-2018, 01:54 PM
I'd say it was more because of the former. Still, I don't get what the point was of criticizing posters who hate this "hack a x player" strategy that has never once worked in the history of its existence tbh

I'm not criticizing posters who hate hack an idiot. I critize the fact people go full retard mode because of a RS meaningless lost partly because of a failed hack an idiot.

bklynspursfan
01-05-2018, 02:15 PM
As hard as you idiots try to spin it. A 14-5 run is indeed a 14-5 run. All that momentum. Gone :lol

Philly was scoring quite easily on us. But you do you man and think what you want.

spurraider21
01-05-2018, 02:16 PM

wow. a coach that makes players watch tape to learn from mistakes? what an idiot!

TheGreatYacht
01-05-2018, 02:24 PM
wow. a coach that makes players watch tape to learn from mistakes? what an idiot!
As long as it's his own mistakes, it's fine. Players did enough to win that game.

Phenomanul
01-05-2018, 02:44 PM
I recall hack-a-Ben working during the 2005 NBA Finals...

FkLA
01-05-2018, 02:50 PM

FkLA
01-05-2018, 02:51 PM

smfh

Brazil
01-05-2018, 03:08 PM
smfh

I just disagree with the he has also grown the ego, for me he has the same ego than in 99 tbh... dude is the same with his qualities and his flaws that are numerous but like Manu you take the good and the bad. Overall Pop has been a blessing for the franchise, the city of San Antonio, the NBA and the bb in general tbh

SAGirl
01-05-2018, 03:53 PM
I actually like that very much. He played some guys who are young and aren't used to closing games out, and it's clear he has high hopes and expectations about some of those guys (calling Bryn a "steph curry" version, playing him 41 minutes... he played Davis 30 and Kyle 36)... plus it wasn't just the minutes they played but the fact they were relied upon a lot.

So it's a learning experience for all of them (together with everyone else, including the rookies and the dleague 2 way contracts). That game was an opportunity for these guys to improve and get better. That's actually the coach's job: to teach.

Has nothing to do with the Hack-a-

Ice009
01-06-2018, 01:34 AM
by the overall numbers I believe his hack a Jordan has been successful but I can be wrong.

ST is basically:

The thing with hacking is, it can screw your own team's rhythm and that's exactly what I think it did to the Spurs in game 6 of 2015 playoffs against the Clippers. It seems like Pop wasn't a good player or has played much Basketball (I know he has when he was younger) to know anything about rhythm. He must have been an average offensive player, because going by his coaching, he doesn't seem to respect when players are in rhythm or the flow of the game when the team is playing great and has momentum. He constantly stops it with timeouts, substitutions and not playing/riding the hot hand.

I also think it screwed the Spurs' rhythm they were starting to get in at the end of the Philly game. I think it also gave Philadelphia more confidence too.

btw, was it you that told us at the end of the preseason/start of the season that Joffery's ceiling was that of an 8th, 9th man (I thought you were being harsh). If so, looks like you were right, but right now I'd say he ceiling looks even lower. He played great in the preseason, but has looked like trash since then.

ElNono
01-06-2018, 03:32 AM

ST is basically:

:lol my nig, it's not like that. Pop was a monster in 2014, tbh... I think 2013 hit him real hard, benching TD and what not...

Realistically, he has nothing left to prove, tbh, he rode TD and Manu peaks to 4 rings, then got cute in '13 and the final challenge was 2014. After that title, there's just nothing higher for him professionally on the NBA. Sure, he's going to take pride coaching Team USA, and I bet you he's going to be really engaged there. Frankly, if LMA didn't ask him to stick around, I bet he would've been gone already. He's an old guy with a taste for the world, wines, the good things in life. Basketball is in a different place for him now, his job doesn't depend on it, etc.

SAGirl
01-06-2018, 04:12 AM
:lol my nig, it's not like that. Pop was a monster in 2014, tbh... I think 2013 hit him real hard, benching TD and what not...

Realistically, he has nothing left to prove, tbh, he rode TD and Manu peaks to 4 rings, then got cute in '13 and the final challenge was 2014. After that title, there's just nothing higher for him professionally on the NBA. Sure, he's going to take pride coaching Team USA, and I bet you he's going to be really engaged there. Frankly, if LMA didn't ask him to stick around, I bet he would've been gone already. He's an old guy with a taste for the world, wines, the good things in life. Basketball is in a different place for him now, his job doesn't depend on it, etc.
You have a good point... I edited the comment bc I am still upset Pop hacked Simmons... He does have the ego to want to take over situations and take it away from the players. Sometimes is hacking someone, others it is benching Tim, etc.

Brazil
01-07-2018, 04:09 PM
The thing with hacking is, it can screw your own team's rhythm and that's exactly what I think it did to the Spurs in game 6 of 2015 playoffs against the Clippers. It seems like Pop wasn't a good player or has played much Basketball (I know he has when he was younger) to know anything about rhythm. He must have been an average offensive player, because going by his coaching, he doesn't seem to respect when players are in rhythm or the flow of the game when the team is playing great and has momentum. He constantly stops it with timeouts, substitutions and not playing/riding the hot hand.

I also think it screwed the Spurs' rhythm they were starting to get in at the end of the Philly game. I think it also gave Philadelphia more confidence too.

btw, was it you that told us at the end of the preseason/start of the season that Joffery's ceiling was that of an 8th, 9th man (I thought you were being harsh). If so, looks like you were right, but right now I'd say he ceiling looks even lower. He played great in the preseason, but has looked like trash since then.

Pop does not believe in hot hand, stretch, clutch all dat stuff tbh so yeah he does not care about momentum neither rythm...

ya I said joff is a scrub that won’t see a lot of PT.. very frustrating... my guess was he would not crack much the rotation.