PDA

View Full Version : Chief Narc Jeff Sessions To Lock YOU Up, For Doing Jazz And Reefer

RandomGuy
01-04-2018, 12:56 PM
Another popcorn moment as the Trump administration gets ready to step on its dick. Again.

-------------------------------------------

Attorney General Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III (vomit!) is on track to make himself even more hated by good decent American folks by doing away with Barack Obama’s policy that allowed states to regulate the sale and use of marijuana with minimal federal interference. Sessions’s new policy will leave decisions on marijuana enforcement up to US attorneys’ offices, which of course will all be staffed with Trump appointees. We guess Sessions drew the short straw for Distract Everybody From Bannon News today.

The move — which Sessions has been telegraphing for months — comes just days after the sale of recreational weed became legal in California, where legal pot shops started opening Monday. And in states that have legalized pot sales, cannabis taxes have been a huge source of new revenue. Purely coincidental, we’re sure.

During the campaign, Donald Trump had said that the question of legal weed should be up to states to decide, as he said in this clip from an interview with a Colorado Teevee station:

Read more at https://wonkette.com/627861/chief-narc-jeff-sessions-to-lock-you-up-for-doing-jazz-and-reefer#idSdvCSlMAh8mrlQ.99

Buzzfeed did a quick rundown of the stupidity that is about to ensue, with the emphasis on the last syllable there:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/dominicholden/6-reasons-why-trump-would-hit-a-wall-if-he-tried-to-crack

1. Trump can’t bust all the legal pot businesses because there are way too many already.
2. If Trump were to even threaten pot businesses, he would still end up in brutal court battles.
3. Even if Trump only makes a few busts, the states will get involved and fight Trump, too.
4. Trying to overturn state legalization laws themselves would be difficult and time-consuming — and could still fail.
5. Fighting long legal battles would be unpopular for Trump, and it would grow more toxic by the day.
6. Trump could never stop people from using and growing pot with impunity, even if he won in court.

TeyshaBlue
01-04-2018, 12:59 PM
Fucking Beatniks!

RandomGuy
01-04-2018, 01:09 PM
Fucking Beatniks!

Cory Gardner (Senator, R, Colo) is PISSED. Sessions promised he wouldn't do anything about it when he was questioned during his confirmation hearings.

Gardner gonna get his ass unelected over it, and he knows it.

RandomGuy
01-04-2018, 01:10 PM
https://img.wonkette.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/cory-gardner-weed-tweet.jpg

Trill Clinton
01-04-2018, 01:20 PM
those prisons aren't going to fill up themselves. gotta keep these weedheads off the streets.

Spurminator
01-04-2018, 03:44 PM

tlongII
01-04-2018, 04:50 PM
Fucking idiotic move by Sessions.

Spurminator
01-04-2018, 04:53 PM
Fucking idiotic to install him as AG in the first place, but par for the course with an administration that treats qualifications with the same disregard it treats truth.

tlongII
01-04-2018, 04:56 PM
Fucking idiotic to install him as AG in the first place, but par for the course with an administration that treats qualifications with the same disregard it treats truth.

Meh. Most of the stuff they’ve done I agree with. They do idiotic stuff too but what ya gonna do?

RandomGuy
01-04-2018, 05:21 PM

ROFL... is that a joke account?

Please tell me that is not.

(EDIT)
Totes real. That is awesome.

RandomGuy
01-04-2018, 05:26 PM
Fucking idiotic move by Sessions.

eyup. Par for the course from this administration though. No regards to evidence-based policies or care about what people think. Obamacare *100

This will turn purple Colorado blue. If they really go through with it, it will be yet another good thing for Democrats to paint Republicans as out of touch with.

RandomGuy
01-04-2018, 05:28 PM

New roofs for schools in El Paso and La Plata counties. Fire suppression emergency generators for a school in Durango. Renovations for a school in Ouray. Marijuana tax revenue helped fund them.

Is your school's roof TOO NICE? Jeff Sessions is on the case.

RandomGuy
01-04-2018, 05:29 PM
For example, the BEST program receives millions of dollars in marijuana tax revenue to help build or improve schools in rural Colorado.

Here are some projects we've funded for our kids that would be out millions of dollars if Jeff Sessions had his way.
https://www.cde.state.co.us/cdefinance/ccabestlegislativereportfy15-16 …

spurraider21
01-04-2018, 05:31 PM
its not like Sessions' attitude towards marijuana was a secret before his appointment to AG

boneheaded policy from boneheaded policymakers

Spurminator
01-04-2018, 05:34 PM
Trump wanted someone tough on (black) crime.

dabom
01-04-2018, 05:45 PM
Trying to get himself fired.

baseline bum
01-04-2018, 07:35 PM
Wow who could have ever seen this coming when fascist Trump got elected?

vy65
01-04-2018, 08:41 PM
https://memeguy.com/photos/images/the-unappreciated-genius-of-prohibition-248551.png

koriwhat
01-04-2018, 09:09 PM

I forgot how transparent the Obama yrs were... liars from the get go. Hope & change lmao! Hope to destroy and change this nation for the worse.

Reck
01-04-2018, 11:25 PM
I forgot how transparent the Obama yrs were... liars from the get go. Hope & change lmao! Hope to destroy and change this nation for the worse.

Very right down the middle comment from someone who's totally independent and has no bias at all. :lol

koriwhat
01-05-2018, 04:37 PM
Very right down the middle comment from someone who's totally independent and has no bias at all. :lol

voted for that dickhead so i can say anything i want about him. go fuck yourself reck.

Pavlov
02-12-2018, 06:14 PM
Oy vey!

TSA
02-12-2018, 06:26 PM
Oy vey!

http://www.encyclopedia.com/politics/encyclopedias-almanacs-transcripts-and-maps/common-law-anglo-american

Pavlov
02-12-2018, 06:30 PM
http://www.encyclopedia.com/politics/encyclopedias-almanacs-transcripts-and-maps/common-law-anglo-americanRelax, Little Caesar -- it's just bad optics from going off script.

Will Hunting
02-12-2018, 06:36 PM
Relax, Little Caesar -- it's just bad optics from going off script.
:lmao:lmao

boutons_deux
02-12-2018, 06:42 PM
"Anglo-American heritage of law enforcement"

holy shit, magnificent dog whistle

TSA
02-12-2018, 07:17 PM
"Anglo-American heritage of law enforcement"

holy shit, magnificent dog whistleObama 2006

https://en.m.wikisource.org/wiki/Floor_Statement_of_Senator_Barack_Obama_on_the_Hab eas_Corpus_Amendment

The world is watching what we do today in America. They will know what we do here today, and they will treat all of us accordingly in the future—our soldiers, our diplomats, our journalists, anybody who travels beyond these borders. I hope we remember this as we go forward. I sincerely hope we can protect what has been called the "great writ"—a writ that has been in place in the Anglo-American legal system for over 700 years.

boutons_deux
02-12-2018, 07:40 PM
Obama 2006

https://en.m.wikisource.org/wiki/Floor_Statement_of_Senator_Barack_Obama_on_the_Hab eas_Corpus_Amendment

The world is watching what we do today in America. They will know what we do here today, and they will treat all of us accordingly in the future—our soldiers, our diplomats, our journalists, anybody who travels beyond these borders. I hope we remember this as we go forward. I sincerely hope we can protect what has been called the "great writ"—a writ that has been in place in the Anglo-American legal system for over 700 years.

you're really full of shit

anglo-saxon, white male Europeans, invaded and fucked up Africa, India, the Americas, the Middle East.

The world is watching Trash and the Repugs promote white male supremacy in USA, as USA has promoted white male supremacy around the planet for many decades, if not centuries.

The glorified, sanctified US Constitution was written by land-owning white males, excluding females, non-whites, and was deeply undemocratic: electoral college electing the Pres, the Senate being deeply non-proportional.

spurraider21
02-12-2018, 07:43 PM
yeah... i dont really get the fuss. its well known that our legal system is derived from english common law.

boutons_deux
02-12-2018, 07:51 PM
yeah... i dont really get the fuss. its well known that our legal system is derived from english common law.

that's not the dog whistle that Sessions was blowing to WHITE law enforcement, many of those sheriffs are Oath Keepers, a wildly extremist group that declares sheriffs exclusively have authority for enforcing the Constitution, etc

Blake
02-12-2018, 07:57 PM
Relax, Little Caesar -- it's just bad optics from going off script.

:lol