PDA

View Full Version : Boban Marjanovic - The Most Efficient Scorer in Modern NBA History

Play Boban
01-04-2018, 03:45 PM
:lobt2:

Pop is a moron for letting him walk.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/why-the-most-efficient-scorer-in-nba-history-is-stuck-on-the-bench/

Keepin' it real
01-04-2018, 03:48 PM
:cry

MVPCues
01-04-2018, 04:25 PM
The entire article is how the most efficient scorer in the NBA can't see much playing time because of his liability on defense, and you are calling pop a moron for letting him walk at the price tag he was offered. He was a great signing for the Spurs at the price tag then. He was used when matchups were favorable. He has only played in 13 games this season for Detroit.

Pop has his faults, but come on. I wish he was still with the Spurs as well, but not at the price tag he was offered.

Play Boban
01-04-2018, 04:28 PM
The entire article is how the most efficient scorer in the NBA can't see much playing time because of his liability on defense, and you are calling pop a moron for letting him walk at the price tag he was offered. He was a great signing for the Spurs at the price tag then. He was used when matchups were favorable. He has only played in 13 games this season for Detroit.

Pop has his faults, but come on. I wish he was still with the Spurs as well, but not at the price tag he was offered.

:cry

Play Boban
01-04-2018, 04:32 PM
Boban could be an All-Star for a competent coach. He's the most efficient scorer in the history of basketball and he's an underrated defender tbh.

sananspursfan21
01-04-2018, 04:33 PM
This post goes out to all of you who think Pop just plays the percentages!

spurraider21
01-04-2018, 04:36 PM
dude can barely get on the court for detroit when even this summer SVG was promising he would try to play boban more :lol

hater
01-04-2018, 04:36 PM
Dude is also a neanderthal

illusioNtEk
01-04-2018, 05:42 PM
dude is slow tbh... others give him the free pass and let him score..... when it comes to playoff time no way he makes an impact

Leetonidas
01-04-2018, 06:51 PM
Lol...I like boban but his limitations are fairly obvious and the reason he is efficient should be fairly apparent. But he would be worthless to us against most teams and certainly the ones we need to get thru in the POs. Poop is trash but not because he let boban walk tbh

Phenomanul
01-04-2018, 07:47 PM
Like others here said, it wasn't that he was bad for us. We just couldn't match what SVG offered him.

SAGirl
01-04-2018, 07:56 PM
Glad for him that he got paid. That was a once in a career contract. He will never get a similar offer again so he was right to be encouraged by Pop to take it.
I enjoyed watching him while he was a Spur, but he's not a regular rotation player so that was too much.

UNT Eagles 2016
01-04-2018, 08:34 PM
Liability on defense, wtf? He's quick and light footed and contests or blocks everything at the rim.

Play Boban
01-04-2018, 08:49 PM
Liability on defense, wtf? He's quick and light footed and contests or blocks everything at the rim.

Spurtacular
01-04-2018, 08:50 PM
Boban > Pau

:lol at the posters blaming the contract.

boutons_deux
01-04-2018, 09:54 PM
Bobi fouls too much to stay on the court

kuato
01-04-2018, 11:20 PM
He can come back to the Spurs for the minimum in a couple of yearts.

Spurtacular
01-05-2018, 06:46 AM
He can come back to the Spurs for the minimum in a couple of yearts.

If the league depussifies itself, he'll command big bucks. That won't happen though. Like I say, these new rules sabotaging a lot of careers.

Play Boban
01-05-2018, 01:01 PM
If the league depussifies itself, he'll command big bucks. That won't happen though. Like I say, these new rules sabotaging a lot of careers.

Truth bomb.

Boban is being castrated by these idiots. Let the man play! The anti white racists at NBA HQ are going whatever they can to keep Europeans out of the NBA!!!

MultiTroll
01-05-2018, 01:27 PM
Boban > Pau

:lol at the posters blaming the contract.
Also it was Manu at 14 million a year that sunk 'Bob's.

2016 Manu for 14 and Pau for 3 Xs 16 instead of Boban.
GTFO and Stay TFO.

Spurtacular
01-05-2018, 09:56 PM
Also it was Manu at 14 million a year that sunk 'Bob's.

2016 Manu for 14 and Pau for 3 Xs 16 instead of Boban.
GTFO and Stay TFO.

All the years, numbers, etc. get too blended for me and I don't feel like researching this sh** for 30 minutes or more. Chinook can tell you if that's accurate or not, perhaps.

Chinook
01-05-2018, 09:58 PM
All the years, numbers, etc. get too blended for me and I don't feel like researching this sh** for 30 minutes or more. Chinook (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=37557) can tell you if that's accurate or not, perhaps.

If Manu had taken the min, then Boban could have been kept. But anything over like $6 Million was not in cap space anyway. Pau's contract did directly compete with Marjanovic, though. Even dollar Pau got was one less dollar Boban could get.

SAGirl
01-05-2018, 11:02 PM
If Manu had taken the min, then Boban could have been kept. But anything over like $6 Million was not in cap space anyway. Pau's contract did directly compete with Marjanovic, though. Even dollar Pau got was one less dollar Boban could get.
And every dollar Pau is getting will be less available to resign Davis, Kyle and Bryn... whomever they want out of the 3. The 3 have gobbled up a lot of minutes this season. I think they will want to retain at least one, maybe a couple.
But hopefully Tony cooperates... I don't know about Danny. I wouldn't encourage anyone to give discounts but Tony who wants to retire a Spur. Spurs may be dealing and doing trades. Guys have to look out for themselves.

MultiTroll
01-06-2018, 11:04 AM
All the years, numbers, etc. get too blended for me and I don't feel like researching this sh** for 30 minutes or more. Chinook (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=37557) can tell you if that's accurate or not, perhaps.
I'm sorry I was not directing the "GTFO" to you.
But rather to Popped his colossal f up in giving all the money and years to Pau and Patty. Along with Manus 14 million dollar bullshit in 16.
Imagine where we would be sitting this summer had they rightly let Patty go and had Pau in a contract year.

Spurtacular
01-06-2018, 12:54 PM
I'm sorry I was not directing the "GTFO" to you.
But rather to Popped his colossal f up in giving all the money and years to Pau and Patty. Along with Manus 14 million dollar bullshit in 16.
Imagine where we would be sitting this summer had they rightly let Patty go and had Pau in a contract year.

I'm with you. Keep Simmons / cut Patty (get him back on the cheap after he spends a year or two under performing in a system not made for him). Don't act like Pau is an absolute need either. Sure, he's good at times. And he's certainly more proven in terms of durability than Boban. But f*ck if Boban wasn't a beast / efficient as sh**. He was worth the risk, imo.

Play Boban
02-22-2019, 12:22 PM
19 points, 12 rebounds, +10 in 28 minutes last night for Philly. Amazing talent. Glad to see him finally get a chance to shine.

koriwhat
02-22-2019, 12:24 PM
I'm with you. Keep Simmons / cut Patty (get him back on the cheap after he spends a year or two under performing in a system not made for him). Don't act like Pau is an absolute need either. Sure, he's good at times. And he's certainly more proven in terms of durability than Boban. But f*ck if Boban wasn't a beast / efficient as sh**. He was worth the risk, imo.

spurs are only interested in developing talent to the point where they can go sign elsewhere for more. it's been that way forever and it fucking sucks!

exstatic
02-22-2019, 12:35 PM
spurs are only interested in developing talent to the point where they can go sign elsewhere for more. it's been that way forever and it fucking sucks!

You would have rather the Spurs signed him for that money? They understand the limits of the players they pick off the scrap heap, and don't overpay for limited players. Simmons is that.

The reality is, you can't pay everyone. Just be glad that the Spurs ARE developing players to fill the gaps in the rotation and roster, even if they have to do it continually.

koriwhat
02-22-2019, 12:42 PM
You would have rather the Spurs signed him for that money? They understand the limits of the players they pick off the scrap heap, and don't overpay for limited players. Simmons is that.

The reality is, you can't pay everyone. Just be glad that the Spurs ARE developing players to fill the gaps in the rotation and roster, even if they have to do it continually.

no, not necessarily. i'm more upset we let go of cojo yrs back.

ceperez
02-22-2019, 12:42 PM

The option was to keep Boban or to sign Pau. I guess that didn't work out well!

exstatic
02-22-2019, 01:06 PM
no, not necessarily. i'm more upset we let go of cojo yrs back.

Like I said, you can't pay everyone. Toronto offered him just stupid money, and in reality, he was like or 9th or 10th man. Even they realized that they had overpaid, and dumped him 2 years into a 4 year deal.

koriwhat
02-22-2019, 03:39 PM
Like I said, you can't pay everyone. Toronto offered him just stupid money, and in reality, he was like or 9th or 10th man. Even they realized that they had overpaid, and dumped him 2 years into a 4 year deal.

true

Play Boban
02-22-2019, 03:45 PM

Nuclear trooth.

wildbill2u
02-22-2019, 04:13 PM
Of course the question in his game that led to his leaving was probably his speed to defend the outside game. The ability to go outside to defend perimeter shots from modern Big seems to be a necessity in the NBA today. But if he is succeeding elsewhere that's great. Glad we gave him a shot and a hand up.

Drom John
02-22-2019, 04:29 PM
Basketball-Reference
Current search:
For combined seasons; played in the NBA/BAA; in the regular season; from 1946-47 to 2018-19; requiring Minutes Played >= 1593; sorted by descending Effective Field Goal Pct
chosen because Marjanovic has played 1593 minutes:

1 DeAndre Jordan
2 Lucas Noguiera
3 Jakob Poeltl
4 Montrezl Harrell

9 Brandon Wright
10 Davis Bertans
11 Steve Novak
12 Daniel Theis
13 John Collins
14 Artis Gilmore
15 Tyson Chandler

27 Stephen Curry
28 Boban Marjanovic
29 Shaquille O'Neal

32 Cristiano Felicio
33 Fabrico Oberto
34 Kyle Korver

40 Darryl Dawkins
41 Steve Johnson
42 Mason Plumlee

45 Hassan Whiteside
46 Brent Barry
47 Matt Bonner
48 Seth Curry

53 Jonas Valucianas
54 Steve Kerr
55 JaVale McGee

64 Pascal Siakam
65 Tiago Splitter
66 Henry Walker
67 Jeff Ayres
68 Meyers Leonard

99 Tomas Satoransky
100 Kawhi Leonard

Drom John
02-22-2019, 04:48 PM
For combined seasons; played in the NBA/BAA; in the regular season; from 1946-47 to 2018-19; requiring Minutes Played >= 1593; sorted by descending True Shooting Pct

1 Lucas Nogueira
2 Rudy Gobert
3 Montrezl Harrell
4 Boban Marjanovic
5 Artis Gilmore
6 Jakob Poeltl
7 Salah Mejri

14 Brandon Wright
15 Davis Bertans
16 Tyson Chandler

23 Adrian Dantley
24 Steve Novak
25 Jeff Ruland

37 John Stockton
38 Brent Barry
39 Nikola Jokic

48 Charles Pittman
49 Dewayne Dedmon
50 Jeremy Evans
51 Steve Johnson
52 J.J. Reddick

55 Dwight Howard
56 Kawhi Leonard
57 Kevon Looney
58 Mario Elie
59 Tiago Splitter

69 Seth Curry
70 Steve Kerr
71 Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

73 Mark West
74 Jeff Ayres
75 Andris Biedrins

83 Juan Hernangomez
84 Fabricio Oberto
85 Brad Davis

97 Bogan Bogdanovic
98 Matt Bonner
99 Anthony Davis

jermaine
02-22-2019, 08:45 PM
I run a lineup of Simmons, Butler, the dude from the Clippers, Embid, an Boban at center on 2k19.... The length is crazy an I get all the rebounds.

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-23-2019, 12:15 PM
Boban is not fast enough to play starter minutes, but yeah, I’d of rather seen him signed over Gasol. Pau’s loyalty contract was and is a head scratcher still. If anyone should have given Pau his fat, swan song contract it was the Lakers or even Memphis. What was our loyalty to Pau...grateful for all the years he beat the crap out of us when he still could play basketball???

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-23-2019, 12:18 PM
For combined seasons; played in the NBA/BAA; in the regular season; from 1946-47 to 2018-19; requiring Minutes Played >= 1593; sorted by descending True Shooting Pct

1 Lucas Nogueira
2 Rudy Gobert
3 Montrezl Harrell
4 Boban Marjanovic
5 Artis Gilmore
6 Jakob Poeltl
7 Salah Mejri

14 Brandon Wright
15 Davis Bertans
16 Tyson Chandler

23 Adrian Dantley
24 Steve Novak