PDA

View Full Version : Rift between Brady, Belichick, Kraft

AlexJones
01-04-2018, 08:57 PM
More to come later (ESPN)

Not sure if its accurate but some dude said Brady went straight to Kraft to demand Bill to trade Jimmy G

monosylab1k
01-04-2018, 09:16 PM
Brady’s body language towards Jimmy on the sidelines always seemed negative, even if he said all the right things publicly. He pretty quickly embraced Jacoby Brissett tho, probably since he never viewed him as a threat.

And there’s been quiet rumors that Belichick is interested in the Giants job.

I wonder if being attacked by ESPN again will bring them back together a la 2003 & 2014, or if this is really the end.

Will Hunting
01-04-2018, 09:46 PM
I think trading Jimmy G was stupid regardless but especially if Brady crying about it was the reason.

Brady’s arm has clearly been fatigued the last few weeks and that’s only going to get worse next year, id be surprised if he plays at a pro bowl level beyond that. Meanwhile Oakland opened up the floodgates by offering an ownership stake to Gruden...some team is going to inevitably offer Belichick a huge ownership stake that Kraft probably won’t match.

monosylab1k
01-04-2018, 09:52 PM
I think trading Jimmy G was stupid regardless but especially if Brady crying about it was the reason.

Brady’s arm has clearly been fatigued the last few weeks and that’s only going to get worse next year, id be surprised if he plays at a pro bowl level beyond that. Meanwhile Oakland opened up the floodgates by offering an ownership stake to Gruden...some team is going to inevitably offer Belichick a huge ownership stake that Kraft probably won’t match.

It’s eerily similar how Peyton’s “fall off a cliff” season compares to Brady this season. Both guys were having MVP caliber years, and both got tired and had a massive dropoff around Week 12/13. Then Peyton shit the bed in the playoffs before having a godawful final season the next year. We’ll see what happens to Brady.

But yeah, considering how much reports say Bill loved Jimmy, I wouldn’t be surprised if he got outranked by senile drunk Kraft and forced to trade him.

Will Hunting
01-04-2018, 10:05 PM
It’s eerily similar how Peyton’s “fall off a cliff” season compares to Brady this season. Both guys were having MVP caliber years, and both got tired and had a massive dropoff around Week 12/13. Then Peyton shit the bed in the playoffs before having a godawful final season the next year. We’ll see what happens to Brady.

But yeah, considering how much reports say Bill loved Jimmy, I wouldn’t be surprised if he got outranked by senile drunk Kraft and forced to trade him.
I’m more optimistic about Brady since he’s in better physical shape and didn’t have major neck surgery in his late 30s but at the same time Elway did a better job transitioning Peyton to game manager than Belichick has done with Brady.

They really got fucked by the Brady suspension. Without that the NFL doesn’t ever get a sample of how good Jimmy is and they’d be able to resign him as a backup this offseason.

spurraider21
01-04-2018, 10:33 PM
I dont think Gruden was actually offered an ownership stake. That would have complicated matters as you'd need to get approval from the owners, etc.

Avante
01-04-2018, 11:37 PM
Does it really matter? After the Pats win another SB, so what if things fall apart. It would be about time. What other team was on top for so long?

Shocked they made it work as long as they did.

Not that I buy into all the drama, the media rarely gets the real story at first.

Chucho
01-04-2018, 11:44 PM
Brady's pissed because they're trying to get him off the juice before Commish has to drop the hammer when another hot sample comes back from the lab.

Chucho
01-04-2018, 11:45 PM
Does it really matter? After the Pats win another SB, so what if things fall apart. It would be about time. What other team was on top for so long?

Shocked they made it work as long as they did.

How many teams cheated like them? How many teams rang their first three times because they had the GOAT place kicker?

Avante
01-04-2018, 11:56 PM
How many teams cheated like them? How many teams rang their first three times because they had the GOAT place kicker?

You don't get to where the Pats have gotten because of anything other than superior play. You can cheat and win ...A....game, but you don't do what they've done as long as they have because of anything other than superior play. And....the kicking game is part of that.

Green Man
01-04-2018, 11:59 PM
:lmao

”The Patriots are overrated because they were smart enough to draft a good kicker :cry”

UNT Eagles 2016
01-05-2018, 09:50 AM
Brady’s body language towards Jimmy on the sidelines always seemed negative, even if he said all the right things publicly. He pretty quickly embraced Jacoby Brissett tho, probably since he never viewed him as a threat.

And there’s been quiet rumors that Belichick is interested in the Giants job.

I wonder if being attacked by ESPN again will bring them back together a la 2003 & 2014, or if this is really the end.

If ya can't beat 'em, join 'em! :toast

UNT Eagles 2016
01-05-2018, 09:51 AM

let's see how they do in the playoffs, KC won't be an easy out, neither will PIT/JAX

and they're definitely losing to the NFC this year if they get that far. The NFC has been head and shoulders the better conference all year long and that seems like that's what should happen.

UNT Eagles 2016
01-05-2018, 09:53 AM
I’m more optimistic about Brady since he’s in better physical shape and didn’t have major neck surgery in his late 30s but at the same time Elway did a better job transitioning Peyton to game manager than Belichick has done with Brady.

They really got fucked by the Brady suspension. Without that the NFL doesn’t ever get a sample of how good Jimmy is and they’d be able to resign him as a backup this offseason.
Should have just played Brissett... only would have meant a difference in the Arizona opening night game, but they still would have been 13-3 and first place.

However, the NFL didn't really get that great of a sample of Jimmy. It was only 1 1/2 games in when Garoppolo went down for the season

Fabbs
01-05-2018, 11:35 AM
Which team will gift hand the Patriots the win this year? :lol

leemajors
01-05-2018, 12:10 PM
It's not about his dumb trainer still?

spurraider21
01-05-2018, 12:30 PM
so Belichik was emperor palpatine... hoping that Jimmy G (aka Luke) would kill and replace his former protege, Brady (Vader)

SpursforSix
01-05-2018, 12:44 PM
so Belichik was emperor palpatine... hoping that Jimmy G (aka Luke) would kill and replace his former protege, Brady (Vader)

Close.

Brand and Kraft are both reptilians. Go back and look at their lives. Who is Brady married to? Yep...Illuminati reptilian model.

Belichick is just a hardworking coach. Worked while Brady was good. But you're not going to convince one reptilian to fire another.

Will Hunting
01-05-2018, 12:56 PM
Oversensationalized a bit but it’s a pretty good article imo.

AlexJones
01-05-2018, 01:06 PM
Betonline has odds of Belichick being the Pats coach in 2018 at -260. Lol

Will Hunting
01-05-2018, 01:15 PM
Betonline has odds of Belichick being the Pats coach in 2018 at -260. Lol
The way Belichick works I could see him sticking around just to spite the media and to be able to say this story was bullshit :lol

Bill_Brasky
01-05-2018, 01:16 PM
This reeks of typical yellow journalism from ESPN. Way to give the Pats the motivation they need. SB champs again.

Bill_Brasky
01-05-2018, 01:21 PM
At the same time, as his age has increased, Brady has become an advocate of positive thinking. Belichick's negativity and cynicism have gotten old, Brady has told other Patriots players and staff. He feels he has accomplished enough that he shouldn't have to endure so much grief. Patriots staffers have noticed that, this year more than ever, he seems to volley between unwavering confidence and driving insecurity. Brady has noted to staff a few times this year that, no matter how many game-changing throws he makes, Belichick hasn't awarded him Patriot of the Week all year.

This is hilarious. Can you imagine Brady at home looking at his rings, MVPs, Super Bowl MVPs, etc, being disgruntled and whining about not winning "Patriot of the week"?

Floyd Pacquiao
01-05-2018, 01:33 PM
I'd love to see Brady without belichick next year. Would be hilarious to see him go 7-9 with McDaniels at the helm.

Avante
01-05-2018, 02:00 PM
Classic case of....bring the king down....going on here. Yep, jealousy.

I need to see far more before getting too carried away with any of this.

Just as I posted that I hear......Belichick is leaving after this playoff run. Now let's see how accurate the media is.

Green Man
01-05-2018, 03:57 PM
It's not about his dumb trainer still?
Actually it seems like Guerrerro is almost at the center of the rift.

Green Man
01-05-2018, 03:58 PM
This is hilarious. Can you imagine Brady at home looking at his rings, MVPs, Super Bowl MVPs, etc, being disgruntled and whining about not winning "Patriot of the week"?
Yeah that seems crazy, but Brady still gets emotional and cries about being a 6th round pick, so maybe small slights like that would eat at him.

Raven
01-05-2018, 05:02 PM
i mean, would it be the play offs without some big pats story?

Will Hunting
01-05-2018, 06:52 PM
This reeks of typical yellow journalism from ESPN. Way to give the Pats the motivation they need. SB champs again.
I think there’s definitely some smoke here and ESPN might just be making the fire seem worse than it really is. The timing of the Jimmy G trade was definitely fucked up and the Guerrero story breaking mid year about how he was banned from the sidelines was even more bizarre. As mono also already said, Brady has been a prick to Jimmy G from the get go and has never been supportive of Belichick and Kraft building a succession plan.

The Patriots’ off-season last year also seemed like meddling from someone other than Belichick. They massively overpaid for a few shitty free agents, traded a 1st round pick for a receiver who’s productivity has largely been the product of Edelman/Hogan injuries and traded a 2nd rounder for someone who was cut before the season started. The sudden change of attitude towards a fuck the future win now approach definitely didn’t come from Belichick.

Agreed though that the stuff about Patriot of the week, Guerrero conspiring to not treat Jimmys shoulder and Brady going behind Belichick’s back on what strength and conditioning program other players should use is bullshit though.

AlexJones
01-05-2018, 08:13 PM
Chiefs are winning outright in Foxboro if they play each other. Ya heard it here first.

Avante
01-05-2018, 08:20 PM
Chiefs are winning outright in Foxboro if they play each other. Ya heard it here first.

Talk me into it, would love to see the reasoning.

Green Man
01-06-2018, 01:31 AM
Talk me into it, would love to see the reasoning.
Well for starters, the Chiefs have beat New England’s ass the last couple times they’ve played each other in the regular season. New England got them in a playoff game where they didn’t have Jamaal Charles. It feels like a 2007 Dallas/Golden State thing where one team is far superior, but the other team is inexplicably a matchup nightmare.

UNT Eagles 2016
01-06-2018, 03:52 AM
I think the Chiefs have as good a chance as anyone to come out of the AFC. They bookended the season as among the best teams in the NFL. Great start and finish to the season, just bad in the middle. They'll be fine

Mitch
01-07-2018, 12:35 PM
I think the Chiefs have as good a chance as anyone to come out of the AFC. They bookended the season as among the best teams in the NFL. Great start and finish to the season, just bad in the middle. They'll be fine

Andrews kiss of death lives on, tbh

Kyle Orton
01-07-2018, 01:22 PM
:lol the chefs just lost to a pineapple n!gger yet they were gonna walk into foxboro and beat Brady in the playoffs

UNT Eagles 2016
01-07-2018, 01:26 PM
:lol the chefs just lost to a pineapple n!gger yet they were gonna walk into foxboro and beat Brady in the playoffs

:lol pineapple niggеr

Will Hunting
01-07-2018, 01:45 PM
:lmao

Avante
01-07-2018, 02:26 PM
Well for starters, the Chiefs have beat New England’s ass the last couple times they’ve played each other in the regular season. New England got them in a playoff game where they didn’t have Jamaal Charles. It feels like a 2007 Dallas/Golden State thing where one team is far superior, but the other team is inexplicably a matchup nightmare.

The regular season....huh?

UNT Eagles 2016
01-07-2018, 02:44 PM
maybe Pineapples will get a win in new cheatland next weekend?

Will Hunting
01-07-2018, 02:48 PM
maybe Pineapples will get a win in new cheatland next weekend?
:lol your existence being so miserable that you’re reduced to just rooting against a team with no one to actually root for

Green Man
01-07-2018, 02:48 PM
The regular season....huh?
Shut up, pedo.

Avante
01-07-2018, 03:20 PM
Shut up, pedo.

Dude, trying to talk regular season, as some example , ha!

Avante
01-11-2018, 01:28 AM
Now that some...time...has gone by, hmmmmm?

sickdsm
01-11-2018, 10:57 AM
Dude, trying to talk regular season, as some example , ha!

Chiefs whole offense is gimmicky.

"But, but he's a track star!"

Chris
01-11-2018, 01:49 PM
Guessing this was fake news. NFL ratings are down since the boycott, so I'm not surprised they are going to the bottom of the barrel.

Stan
01-11-2018, 01:57 PM
Guessing this was fake news. NFL ratings are down since the boycott, so I'm not surprised they are going to the bottom of the barrel.
Chris celebrating another successful liberal boycott :tu

Avante
01-11-2018, 02:33 PM
Chiefs whole offense is gimmicky.

"But, but he's a track star!"

The Chiefs were the first AFL team (as the Dallas Texans) to draft an Olympic sprinter in 200m WR holder Stone Johnson. He was a TB at Grambling, he died from injuries in a preseason game.

They drafted 10.0 SJS sprinter Ken Thomas a great DB at the college level, they made a RB out of him like his older bro Jewerl with the Rams. He banged his leg up so bad, there went his career.

They drafted NWLA 9.4 sprinter (ran on an NCAA champion 4x1 team with NFLers to be Mark Duper and Vivtor Oatis) he had over a 1000 yards as a rookie, he drown trying to save some kids, he couldn'r swim.

Now add....

Kick returner Nolan "Super Gnat" Smith a 9,4 cat at Tennesee State. He was a little footballer in the movie M*A*S*H.

WR Sammie Parker a 10.17 at Oregon.

Warren McVea a 9.5 cat out of Houston, a RB.

LSU Sprinter/WR Eddie Kennison who won "The NFL Fastest Man" contest.

Jamaal Charles a 10.18 sprinter while at Texas.

The Chiefs have always had speedy player.

Cuppycake Gumdrop
01-14-2018, 12:52 PM
Matt Patricia likely going to Detroit, McDaniels likely going to Indy. Should we read anything into the fact that both of Belichick’s guys stayed away from the Giants job?

spurraider21
01-14-2018, 01:37 PM
Matt Patricia likely going to Detroit, McDaniels likely going to Indy. Should we read anything into the fact that both of Belichick’s guys stayed away from the Giants job?
McDaniels to indy makes a lot of sense... so its just Patricia who might have taken the Giants job imo

Avante
01-21-2018, 02:53 AM
Bold prediction, going wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy out on a limb.

If the Pats win out, this ....conflict?....will disappear, poof gone. But....if they lose either tomorrow or in the SB, yep.......here it comes.

I do expect to see the Pats win another SB which will tie the Steelers with six.

How many SB's have the Pats, Steelers, Niners and Cowboys played in?

Most important SB? Chiefs beating the Vikings. If the Vikes had won it would have been NFL 3, AFL 1, and the Jets win would have got...a fluke...treatment.

So when the two leagues merged what three NFL teams became AFC teams?

Raven
01-21-2018, 07:57 AM
Bold prediction, going wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy out on a limb.

If the Pats win out, this ....conflict?....will disappear, poof gone. But....if they lose either tomorrow or in the SB, yep.......here it comes.

I do expect to see the Pats win another SB which will tie the Steelers with six.

How many SB's have the Pats, Steelers, Niners and Cowboys played in?

Most important SB? Chiefs beating the Vikings. If the Vikes had won it would have been NFL 3, AFL 1, and the Jets win would have got...a fluke...treatment.

So when the two leagues merged what three NFL teams became AFC teams?

It's not happening. Jimmy got traded exactly because it's not happening this or next year.

Avante
01-21-2018, 12:58 PM
It's not happening. Jimmy got traded exactly because it's not happening this or next year.

I was at a restaurant late one night when a couple young blacks came in and sat down. It took forever for the waitress to take their order.

tall skinny......glad I'm not dying of hunger.

That was all he said.

By the time the waitress gets back with the cook and dishwasher (a big cat) it was.....they were cussing at me and threatening me.

Avante....excuse me, that's not what happened at all.

It got smoothed out with the black guys leaving and me getting dirty looks. And a ...thank you...from short fat.

Point

People make shit up and/or exaggerate.

Raven
01-21-2018, 01:08 PM
... right

Avante
01-21-2018, 01:57 PM
Belichick and Brady..............as good as it's ever got.

It is funny when we read....if they hadn't cheated....hahaha~~~~ You might win a game cheating but to do what they have done for how long, that takes talent.

My Niners Bill Walsh/Joe Montana combo was pretty good, as was Noll/Bradshaw, Lombardi/Starr.

Bill_Brasky
01-22-2018, 01:30 PM
Chris celebrating another successful liberal boycott :tu

Funny thing about det is the fact that the playoffs have had great ratings so far.

Clipper Nation
01-22-2018, 01:35 PM
Funny thing about det is the fact that the playoffs have had great ratings so far.
Not by NFL standards. The ratings for the wildcard round, the divisional round, and the conference championships have all been lower than previous years - significantly so for the wildcard and divisional.

Bill_Brasky
01-22-2018, 01:36 PM
Not by NFL standards. The ratings for the wildcard round, the divisional round, and the conference championships have all been lower than previous years - significantly so for the wildcard and divisional.

Didn't the divisional round pull something like a 48?

Clipper Nation
01-22-2018, 01:37 PM
Didn't the divisional round pull something like a 48?

They were down 16% from last year:

http://money.cnn.com/2018/01/17/media/nfl-ratings-divisional-playoffs/index.html

Bill_Brasky
01-22-2018, 01:38 PM
I'm reading that Pats/Jags had the highest rating of anything since last year's SB.

Bill_Brasky
01-22-2018, 01:40 PM
Just crazy to me that a sport that's "down" still kicks the shit out of the NBA Finals or the epic WS we just had.

Clipper Nation
01-22-2018, 02:04 PM
I'm reading that Pats/Jags had the highest rating of anything since last year's SB.
The ratings for Pats/Jags were the highest for any game this season, but still slightly down from Packers/Falcons in the same time slot last year and down 14% from Pats/Broncos in 2016:

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2018/01/afc-championship-ratings-patriots-jaguars-overnights/