PDA

View Full Version : Capt. Jack violated NBA weed rules his whole career

phxspurfan
01-04-2018, 11:02 PM
in the most surprising news of the day... :rolleyes

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2752464-stephen-jackson-says-he-smoked-marijuana-entire-nba-career-details-usage?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Stephen Jackson Says He Smoked Marijuana Entire NBA Career, Details Usage

"I just gotta be real, you know, it's been a couple games where I smoked before games and had great games," Jackson said, via ESPN.com news services. "It's been some games where I smoked before the game and was on the bench after three minutes sitting on the sideline, 'Please calm down. This high has to calm down' -- I done shot three shots that went over the backboard, like, I'm going to be honest, like, 'Ahh, I gotta calm down.'"

MaNu4Tres
01-04-2018, 11:04 PM
Wasn't the only ex Spur.

Spurtacular
01-04-2018, 11:05 PM
Mark my words; the NBA will eliminate marijuana as a banned substance within five years, and quite possibly within three years.

phxspurfan
01-04-2018, 11:38 PM
Trump will install Jeff Sessions as commish in a year and he will eliminate weed smoking by players and alcohol sales at games. Also the dancers will wear big sweaters and sweatpants

ducks
01-04-2018, 11:39 PM
They wear Bras and thongs dumbass

Old School 44
01-05-2018, 12:10 AM
He wasn't smokin' that shit by himself after games. Who else would you guess from the team? TD, Speedy, Mengke Bateer?

Spurtacular
01-05-2018, 12:21 AM
He wasn't smokin' that shit by himself after games. Who else would you guess from the team? TD, Speedy, Mengke Bateer?

Big Dog Robinson. Grandpa Willis maybe? Not any long-term starters, tbh.

ducks
01-05-2018, 12:28 AM
Pop?
It would explain his liberal views

YGWHI
01-05-2018, 12:53 AM
Well, I don't jugde him. Since marijuana is therapeutic in psychosis and neurodegenerative disease...Which clearly is SJax case.

LaMarcus Bryant
01-05-2018, 08:36 AM
It probably made his great games greater and his bad games worse. Shrug. Still a great spur.

BillMc
01-05-2018, 08:43 AM
I don't judge him for the substance itself, but I do wonder about his judgement, in terms of why risk so much money to get a little high?

MoSpur02
01-05-2018, 09:23 AM
In other news, water is wet.

BillMc
01-05-2018, 09:36 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeYsTmIzjkw

I was gonna be on the 2013 playoff roster, but then I got high...:smokin:fro

pookenstein
01-05-2018, 09:49 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeYsTmIzjkw

I was gonna be on the 2013 playoff roster, but then I got high...:smokin:fro

:lmao

I was gonna hit that bitch KD, but I got high.

And thanks for the "Ohrwurm", as we say in germany. Will take hours (and maybe the Foo Fighters or BIffy Clyro) to clear my head of this song. :bobo

BillMc
01-05-2018, 09:58 AM
:lmao

I was gonna hit that bitch KD, but I got high.

:rollin

And thanks for the "Ohrwurm", as we say in germany. Will take hours (and maybe the Foo Fighters or BIffy Clyro) to clear my head of this song. :bobo

:toast

Was listening to some Foo Fighters myself earlier today.

Phenomanul
01-05-2018, 10:14 AM
I don't judge him for the substance itself, but I do wonder about his judgement, in terms of why risk so much money to get a little high?

His judgement was always askew...

He turned down a good offer by the Spurs to sign for less money with Atlanta. Was he on weed then?

He charged the stands at Detroit... and risked his career for that brash impulse... Was he on weed then?

He argued with Pop in 2013 that he was a better player than Danny Green, ultimately a discussion that got him kicked off the team... Was he on weed then?

FkLA
01-05-2018, 10:55 AM
Never understood the fascination with weed. Recreationally or at a party or something cool but people that need to smoke that shit all day I don't understand. I worked at some minimum wage jobs when I was younger were workers and even managers smoked during their breaks. Seems more of an image thing than anything, tbh.

pookenstein
01-05-2018, 10:56 AM
:rollin

Was listening to some Foo Fighters myself earlier today.

SpursforSix
01-05-2018, 11:12 AM
Never understood the fascination with weed. Recreationally or at a party or something cool but people that need to smoke that shit all day I don't understand. I worked at some minimum wage jobs when I was younger were workers and even managers smoked during their breaks. Seems more of an image thing than anything, tbh.

I don't think it's an image thing for most. Back in the day I had friends that would smoke before going to work every day. No way I could do that. Just get paranoid and shit.

But sure enjoyed if when just chilling out and watching a movie or listening to music.

And primos are super cool.

coachmac87
01-05-2018, 11:42 AM
I call BS being high during games. Did he smokr before games? Sure, but there's no way in hell he was high during games.

Smoke weed every day

SAGirl
01-05-2018, 03:58 PM
I know nothing of the subject of substance abuse... but one has to think: addiction.

cd98
01-05-2018, 05:23 PM
Hey, but unlike Chandler Parsons, Capt. Jack took his NBA career seriously and truly loved the game.

Slippy
01-05-2018, 05:38 PM
I don't think it's an image thing for most. Back in the day I had friends that would smoke before going to work every day. No way I could do that. Just get paranoid and shit.

But sure enjoyed if when just chilling out and watching a movie or listening to music.

And primos are super cool.

This .

Getting high for a bball game where you paid alot of money is retarded & you're giving the opposition an advantage.

The players have all offseason to do it. Sjax you saw youself out of the league

BillMc
01-05-2018, 07:41 PM
I know nothing of the subject of substance abuse... but one has to think: addiction.

Yep.

phxspurfan
01-05-2018, 07:42 PM
He argued with Pop in 2013 that he was a better player than Danny Green, ultimately a discussion that got him kicked off the team... Was he on weed then?

He's probably a better player than Green now

phxspurfan
01-05-2018, 07:43 PM
This .

Getting high for a bball game where you paid alot of money is retarded & you're giving the opposition an advantage.

The players have all offseason to do it. Sjax you saw youself out of the league

He was in the league for like 12, 13 years. I'm sure he'll be just fine

Phenomanul
01-05-2018, 09:15 PM

I highly doubt that... was he better than Green earlier in his career... that I do believe...

ducks
01-05-2018, 09:34 PM

Are you on weed?

Arcadian
01-05-2018, 09:37 PM

It increases creativity, abstract thinking, and gives you a shift in perspective that can provide valuable insight. It also chills you out and aids in conflict resolution.

ceds
01-05-2018, 09:53 PM
i believe him when he says he smoked pre-game...... lots of guys iverson, tmac, marbury also played high ... 80% of the jailblazers

There's a guy called chris herren who should have been a lottery pick but had to many coke related incidents durin college.

Anyway from the time he was drafted he had an oxy habit and kept it secret for 3 years. There's a great doco on youtube about his career

phxspurfan
01-05-2018, 10:25 PM
I highly doubt that... was he better than Green earlier in his career... that I do believe...

let's see...

Defense? Green by a mile. But Jack has prototypical Today's NBA :lol size
3s? Green, but not by much. Jack could hit 3s. Green hits more volume but Jack didn't shrivel up like Green when it counted most.
Ball handling/more physical/long 2s/layups and finishing/anything but 3s? Jack by a mile.
More clutch? Hit 3s when it counts (playoffs against better competition)? Jack by a country mile.

If anything, Green has massively regressed since getting that contract. He peaked in 2013-14 when we should have won it all, and was probably equal to Jack when Jack was in the NBA in 2012. But Jack showed his value as everyone noted here when he single handedly almost beat the Thunderrefs with all those clutch 3s (like the did his whole career on this team as bandwagon new era fans either forget or never saw.

phxspurfan
01-05-2018, 10:31 PM
Are you on weed?

It's called a discussion starting take you 70 IQ illiterate short bus riding weaboo. Try not displaying a disappointing homer New Age Spurfan response once in awhile in between mouth breathing.

Phenomanul
01-05-2018, 11:54 PM
let's see...

Defense? Green by a mile. But Jack has prototypical Today's NBA :lol size
3s? Green, but not by much. Jack could hit 3s. Green hits more volume but Jack didn't shrivel up like Green when it counted most.
Ball handling/more physical/long 2s/layups and finishing/anything but 3s? Jack by a mile.
More clutch? Hit 3s when it counts (playoffs against better competition)? Jack by a country mile.

If anything, Green has massively regressed since getting that contract. He peaked in 2013-14 when we should have won it all, and was probably equal to Jack when Jack was in the NBA in 2012. But Jack showed his value as everyone noted here when he single handedly almost beat the Thunderrefs with all those clutch 3s (like the did his whole career on this team as bandwagon new era fans either forget or never saw.

Ok but your assertion was that Jackson is a better player today. THAT I don’t believe. If anything I agree that Green regressed since 2013 but he’s been much better this year.

Ice009
01-06-2018, 12:47 AM

Are you serious? He's definitely not better than Danny right now. As for 2013, Danny Green was much better than him. Stephen had a massive drop off for some reason between the end of the 2012 season and 2013 season up until he was cut. He could barely score two points some games and he had the audacity to say he's better than certain players on the team. He was lucky to even be in the NBA at the time. If Manu is another player that he thought he was better than, well, the joke's on him now as Manu is still playing better at 40 than SJax did in the last two seasons he was in the NBA (at a younger age than Manu too).

If he was smoking weed before games, then he was a fucking clown. I've lost almost all respect for him if that's the reason he washed out.

btw, I was one of the biggest Stehpen Jackson fans around, but he let me down and was purtid in the 2012/2013 regular season. Having said that, I think he would have upped his game in the playoffs if he wasn't cut. I always believed he was a big game player, so until we saw otherwise, I think he would have performed better in the playoffs, but it also could have been the year where he may not have been able to step it up in the playoffs like he used to do. That's why I liked him so much, because no matter what team he was on, you could count on him to raise his game in the playoffs. I don't know if he was done or not as we didn't get to see him in the playoffs, but going by he regular season, he was one of the worst players in the league. Someone playing that poorly, and talking shit about other players on the team isn't good for team chemistry.

i believe him when he says he smoked pre-game...... lots of guys iverson, tmac, marbury also played high ... 80% of the jailblazers

There's a guy called chris herren who should have been a lottery pick but had to many coke related incidents durin college.

Never heard of the guy. Did you say this guy got drafted? I don't remember him at all.

cd98
01-06-2018, 01:04 AM
Herren was a second round pick. I believe there is a 30 for 30 on him. He eventually threw away his NBA career because of addiction.

cd98
01-06-2018, 01:05 AM
https://vimeo.com/79305689

ceds
01-06-2018, 01:35 AM
Never heard of the guy. Did you say this guy got drafted? I don't remember him at all.

Think Jason Williams...6'1, had allot of flash to his game but also toughness and balls to try anything.

His college career he was transferred & fucked up many times & Despite all of that he was a high 2nd round pick

He had one "sober" year playing for the nuggets then was traded back to his hometown (in Boston) and fell back into trouble with his mates.

ESPN did a 30/30 or a 360 which is worth a watch

phxspurfan
01-06-2018, 01:45 AM
Ok but your assertion was that Jackson is a better player today. THAT I don’t believe. If anything I agree that Green regressed since 2013 but he’s been much better this year.

Probably more of my frustration with Green.

Think about it this way: would you rather have 2012 Jack or 2017 Green for one game 7 playoff game tomorrow? I'd take Capt. Jack. Green seems to shrivel up too much recently, and I can't stand to see our starting shooting guard with 6 points going up against guys like Klay Thompson, Harden, McCollum, hell even Austin Rivers can have a bigger offensive impact on a crucial game.

Ginobilly
01-06-2018, 09:06 AM

To all the weed bashers:
Have you all ever done laborious jobs that require a lot of physical activity? Well, weed helps you get through the day to get shit done. Almost everybody has to do it in jobs like construction that requires being out in the sun for hours during the day. It prevents swelling of your muscles and helps through the aches and pains afterwards. The ones who don't use it, drown themselves in alcohol every night.

Mountain climbers also use it when they're up 16000 ft to wind down and rest up their aching joints and muscles.

Helps prevent premature ejaculation and performance anxiety during sex which makes you last longer. That's what Jack meant when he said he, " makes love to pressure".

People just like to give captain Jack shit cause he's a real nigga og and speaks his mind. Why don't ya niggas go bash durant( didn't he get photographed with a bag of dro?) wade, and Micheal Jordan.

Being high allowed Jack to be calm as fuck and allowed him to hit those 3s during game 6 which resulted in a LOB. Without Mota: there's no 2003 championship!

exstatic
01-06-2018, 09:11 AM
Trump will install Jeff Sessions as commish in a year and he will eliminate weed smoking by players and alcohol sales at games. Also the dancers will wear big sweaters and sweatpants

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-_T5TSob7vRE/Wk56eIfCZaI/AAAAAAAAics/fMfxlS1zp7ogLfFmiqfS1IW9BVbPLstugCLcBGAs/s1600/1ss37i.jpg

FkLA
01-06-2018, 09:48 AM
To all the weed bashers:
Have you all ever done laborious jobs that require a lot of physical activity? Well, weed helps you get through the day to get shit done. Almost everybody has to do it in jobs like construction that requires being out in the sun for hours during the day. It prevents swelling of your muscles and helps through the aches and pains afterwards. The ones who don't use it, drown themselves in alcohol every night.

Mountain climbers also use it when they're up 16000 ft to wind down and rest up their aching joints and muscles.

Helps prevent premature ejaculation and performance anxiety during sex which makes you last longer. That's what Jack meant when he said he, " makes love to pressure".

People just like to give captain Jack shit cause he's a real nigga og and speaks his mind. Why don't ya niggas go bash durant( didn't he get photographed with a bag of dro?) wade, and Micheal Jordan.

Being high allowed Jack to be calm as fuck and allowed him to hit those 3s during game 6 which resulted in a LOB. Without Mota: there's no 2003 championship!

lol gtfo

All the males that are a generation older than me in my family have worked construction for decades without weed. I worked with them a couple summers when I was still in school without it too. I'm not a weed basher but if you use it while at work you're a retard. How about you finish your shift with good old work ethic then go home and do as you like? That dependence on weed is probably the reason you're in that job and cant get past the laborer position, tbh.

cd98
01-06-2018, 04:23 PM
To all the weed bashers:

i think it was pretty stupid to get high before games and to play while he was high. He never said he used it for recovery.

phxspurfan
01-06-2018, 05:06 PM
lol gtfo

All the males that are a generation older than me in my family have worked construction for decades without weed. I worked with them a couple summers when I was still in school without it too. I'm not a weed basher but if you use it while at work you're a retard. How about you finish your shift with good old work ethic then go home and do as you like? That dependence on weed is probably the reason you're in that job and cant get past the laborer position, tbh.

I worked construction summer 05. It was awesome. We lit stuff on fire, rapid fired nail guns, hung from all kinds of crap unsafely, operated power saws without safety equipment and our bare hands, and sat on roofs waiting for electricians for hours while we drank beers on the clock. Best job ever

Also figured out how to correct for peoples mistakes like walls being put up in the wrong spot etc.

no weed necessary for that fun

koriwhat
01-06-2018, 07:59 PM
in the most surprising news of the day... :rolleyes

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2752464-stephen-jackson-says-he-smoked-marijuana-entire-nba-career-details-usage?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Stephen Jackson Says He Smoked Marijuana Entire NBA Career, Details Usage

"I just gotta be real, you know, it's been a couple games where I smoked before games and had great games," Jackson said, via ESPN.com news services. "It's been some games where I smoked before the game and was on the bench after three minutes sitting on the sideline, 'Please calm down. This high has to calm down' -- I done shot three shots that went over the backboard, like, I'm going to be honest, like, 'Ahh, I gotta calm down.'"

who cares? been smoking bud since i was 13 yrs old, big whoop.

koriwhat
01-06-2018, 08:06 PM

it's relaxing... what's your vise? we all have one... coffee? cigs? alcohol? what? sleeping? staying up late? it is what it is. as for bud, it's nothing crazy to get all worked up over.

ceds
01-06-2018, 09:27 PM
To all the weed bashers:

:lol