PDA

View Full Version : Trump barely reads; Sad considering he is the President :lmao

dabom
01-05-2018, 12:25 PM
I am apparently not the only one who has questioned the president’s ability to focus on the written word. “Trump didn’t read,” Wolff writes (https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-columnists/michael-wolffs-withering-portrait-of-president-donald-trump). “He didn’t really even skim. If it was print, it might as well not exist. Some believed that for all practical purposes he was no more than semiliterate. Others concluded that he didn’t read because he didn’t have to . . . He was postliterate — total television.” But “Fire and Fury” reveals that White House staff and Cabinet members believed Trump’s intellectual challenges went well beyond having a limited reading list: Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin called him an “idiot,” Cohn dismissed him as “dumb,” national security adviser H.R. McMaster considered him a “dope,” and Secretary of State Rex Tillerson infamously concluded that the commander in chief was a “moron (http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/04/politics/tillerson-trump-moron/index.html).”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/can-you-read/2018/01/04/46d967a2-f18c-11e7-b3bf-ab90a706e175_story.html?hpid=hp_no-name_opinion-card-a%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.6e1f9391b239

So apparently everyone thinks Trump can barely read. :lol

Spurtacular
01-05-2018, 01:03 PM
Pity post.

djohn2oo8
01-05-2018, 01:06 PM
Is it really a surprise? His followers can't even spell potato.

Splits
01-05-2018, 01:07 PM
Is it really a surprise? His followers can't even spell potato.

lol

Pavlov
01-05-2018, 01:08 PM
Is it really a surprise? His followers can't even spell potato.THE NEW YORK TIMES USED AN E FORTY YEARS AGO

Splits
01-05-2018, 01:10 PM
https://www.axios.com/the-wolff-lines-on-trump-that-ring-unambiguously-true-2522675021.html

The Wolff lines on Trump that ring unambiguously true

There are definitely parts of Michael Wolff's "Fire and Fury (https://www.amazon.com/Fire-Fury-Inside-Trump-White/dp/1250158060)" that are wrong, sloppy, or betray off-the-record confidence. But there are two things he gets absolutely right, even in the eyes of White House officials who think some of the book's scenes are fiction: his spot-on portrait of Trump as an emotionally erratic president, and the low opinion of him among some of those serving him.

Why it matters: Wolff captures the contempt some Trump aides have for the president and his family. Axios' Jonathan Swan notes that this includes people you see trumpeting their loyalty to him.

So Wolff's liberties with off-the-record comments — while ethically unacceptable to nearly all reporters — have the effect of exposing Washington's insider jokes and secret languages, which normal Americans find perplexing and detestable.

In the past year, we have had many of the same conversations with the same sources Wolff used. We won't betray them, or put on the record what was off. But, we can say that the following lines from the book ring unambiguously true:

How Trump processes (and resists) information:

"It was during Trump's early intelligence briefings … that alarm signals first went off among his new campaign staff: he seemed to lack the ability to take in third-party information."
"Or maybe he lacked the interest; whichever, he seemed almost phobic about having formal demands on his attention."
"Trump didn't read. He didn't really even skim. ... [H]e could read headlines and articles about himself, or at least headlines on articles about himself, and the gossip squibs on the New York Post's Page Six."
"Some ... concluded that he didn't read because he just didn't have to, and that in fact this was one of his key attributes as a populist. He was postliterate — total television."
"[H]e trusted his own expertise — no matter how paltry or irrelevant — more than anyone else's. What's more, he had an extremely short attention span, even when he thought you were worthy of attention."

djohn2oo8
01-05-2018, 01:11 PM
THE NEW YORK TIMES USED AN E FORTY YEARS AGO

:lol

Spurtacular
01-05-2018, 01:22 PM
THE NEW YORK TIMES USED AN E FORTY YEARS AGO

And then it didn't to sell fake news.

:lmao Today's cuck

djohn2oo8
01-05-2018, 01:23 PM
And then it didn't to sell fake news.

:lmao Today's cuck

potato is spelled as potato. Real news.

Pavlov
01-05-2018, 01:32 PM
potato is spelled as potato. Real news.IT IS NOT I MEAN IT IS BUT SPELLINGGATE!

Th'Pusher
01-06-2018, 10:04 AM
Post literate :lol

DMX7
01-06-2018, 11:50 AM
I think he is probably literate; however I think he is totally uninterested in his briefings.

rmt
01-09-2018, 07:16 PM
I hope that none here happen to have kids who learn through other methods than reading (say an audio learner) - maybe we should appreciate the many DIFFERENT ways in which others absorb information/learn eg. Tom Cruise and dsylexia.

dabom
01-09-2018, 07:20 PM
I hope that none here happen to have kids who learn through other methods than reading (say an audio learner) - maybe we should appreciate the many DIFFERENT ways in which others absorb information/learn eg. Tom Cruise and dsylexia.

Are you saying Trump is one of those kids with reading problems? :lol

Pavlov
01-09-2018, 07:24 PM
Won't somebody think of the millionaire children?!

boutons_deux
01-09-2018, 07:24 PM
I think he is probably literate; however I think he is totally uninterested in his briefings.

he may not be functionally illiterate, but is effectively illiterate, a non-reader, incurious, not even reading one-page policy, strategy SUMMARIES,

UNLESS

the text contains his name :lol

I think he realizes that he's so fucking stupid, so ignorant, so unprepared that he will NEVER catch up to where he should be as POTUS, so

he gives up and blusters, bullshits, bullies, rambles his way around, proving to this staff and everybody that his a fucking loser.

koriwhat
01-09-2018, 07:48 PM
most of you probably don't read. that's the sad truth and yet yall sit here and try to shit on others for yall's pitfalls.

Blake
01-09-2018, 07:50 PM
most of you probably don't read. that's the sad truth and yet yall sit here and try to shit on others for yall's pitfalls.

:cry but I'm not a Republican

koriwhat
01-09-2018, 07:50 PM
he may not be functionally illiterate, but is effectively illiterate, a non-reader, incurious, not even reading one-page policy, strategy SUMMARIES,

UNLESS

the text contains his name :lol

I think he realizes that he's so fucking stupid, so ignorant, so unprepared that he will NEVER catch up to where he should be as POTUS, so

he gives up and blusters, bullshits, bullies, rambles his way around, proving to this staff and everybody that his a fucking loser.

most people i know that are success stories read and read quite a bit. to think otherwise is foolish. your hatred for the man just because the far left says to hate him is astonishing.

koriwhat
01-09-2018, 07:51 PM
:cry but I'm not a Republican

you claim this of me because, once again, i don't subscribe to your ideology. you're intimidated and that's quite fine by me. your true colors are being exposed daily here. just an outright hatred for a man you really have no clue about just because a bunch of whiny babies tell you to hate him.

rmt
01-09-2018, 07:54 PM
Are you saying Trump is one of those kids with reading problems? :lol

I am saying that there are many different ways to learn and that reading problems are not necessarily a barrier to success (see Tom Cruise) or a sign of lack of intelligence - I'd say that any person who has overcome reading problems and become successful is to be ADMIRED because so much of our education/learning is geared toward the visual learner.

koriwhat
01-09-2018, 07:55 PM
I am saying that there are many different ways to learn and that reading problems are not necessarily a barrier to success (see Tom Cruise) or a sign of lack of intelligence - I'd say that any person who has overcome reading problems and become successful is to be ADMIRED because so much of our education/learning is geared toward the visual learner.

:tu

Blake
01-09-2018, 07:56 PM
you claim this of me because, once again, i don't subscribe to your ideology. you're intimidated and that's quite fine by me. your true colors are being exposed daily here. just an outright hatred for a man you really have no clue about just because a bunch of whiny babies tell you to hate him.

Beh. We know enough to know that if the op was about Obama instead of Trump you'd be skeeting instead of shielding.

koriwhat
01-09-2018, 07:57 PM
Beh. We know enough to know that if the op was about Obama instead of Trump you'd be skeeting instead of shielding.

you know nothing then. you only know what you want to believe. i voted for that douche twice, twice blake!

pgardn
01-09-2018, 08:07 PM

Symbolic language via written characters and vision has been an extremely effective way for human beings to disseminate information. There is a reason it's worked. That being said, I like to express my feelings through interpretative dance. I can describe really frightening complex situations through simple motor movement. Or maybe it's just me hopping about...

If people just talked really really fast... Disclaimer style at the end of commercials.

dabom
01-09-2018, 08:14 PM

Goes to show you Daddy millions of dollars and connections beats actual intelligence. :lol

DarrinS
01-09-2018, 08:17 PM
Reagan dumb
Bush dumb
Trump dump

Notice the trend?

pgardn
01-09-2018, 08:23 PM
Reagan dumb
Bush dumb
Trump dump

Notice the trend?

Yeah.

The p and the end of Trump caused you to put a p at the end of what should have been dumb.

Which is an interesting mistake.
I do things like this.