PDA

View Full Version : Have fans caught up to the fact that Pop essentially only cares about his rep?

apalisoc_9
01-05-2018, 01:34 PM
Spurs fans to be more specific, since the general audience have given him the MJ treatment.

Ever since 14, litterally everything he does is to forward his "innovator, so smart beyond everyone else" schtick. From excessive micromanaging, hacking that never works, rotations etc.

Many analyst has had to settle with subtle jabs like, but nothing big to lose their jobs.

People are obviously finally realizing at least in spurstalk, but its been obvious since 15.

Tony, Kawhi, TD all deserve better. But they will now all be remebered as players who just played for Pop.

The three rings was all TD, Tony and Manu..there was nothing "innovative" about his coaching. Give it to timmy and manu or tony.

Thankfully, kawhi has a player option so he still has time to make up for pops fake character, fake anti-trump agenda.

Tony, TD and Manu you guys have always been the major contributors. It was never pop despite the media rewriting history.

Tony has been treated like complete crap this year too. He deserves better.

TheGreatYacht
01-05-2018, 01:42 PM
Sickening how many times I hear SysTim being thrown around nba twitter tbh. Even dipshits like Durant believe our guys are system players.

This just doubles the respect I have for Simmons who was tired of getting his hard work and credit taking away. LMA had the chance to give him the middle finger too but stayed content with being overpaid by PATFO until he's 35.

apalisoc_9
01-05-2018, 01:46 PM
Sickening how many times I hear SysTim being thrown around nba twitter tbh. Even dipshits like Durant believe our guys are system players.

This just doubles the respect I have for Simmons who was tired of getting his hard work and credit taking away. LMA had the chance to give him the middle finger too but stayed content with being overpaid by PATFO until he's 35.

This guy gets it. Kawhi to LA is happening son.

I just feel bad for Tony. Manu doesnt really care anymore, still underrated during his contributing years.

Kawhi agent is a numbskull. They need to realize he is the only superstar in the league playing for a coach driven organization. Once he moves, he will command everything. NBA is player driven league and rightfully so.

TheGreatYacht
01-05-2018, 01:53 PM
This guy gets it. Kawhi to LA is happening son.

I just feel bad for Tony. Manu doesnt really care anymore, still underrated during his contributing years.

Kawhi agent is a numbskull. They need to realize he is the only superstar in the league playing for a coach driven organization. Once he moves, he will command everything. NBA is player driven league and rightfully so.
In before vanilla posters tell you the record the Spurs have this season with a mediocre schedule so far :lol

spurraider21
01-05-2018, 02:18 PM
if the spurs move on from pop, the next guy who comes in will be a downgrade

there's no way around that

UZER
01-05-2018, 03:06 PM

Hey, Pop loves downgraded players on his roster. He purposely seeks them out because these guys fight to prove themselves.

Floyd Pacquiao
01-05-2018, 03:10 PM
Replace pop with coach bud and nothing changes

spurraider21
01-05-2018, 03:10 PM
Hey, Pop loves downgraded players on his roster. He purposely seeks them out because these guys fight to prove themselves.
do you think downgrading is a good move?

UZER
01-05-2018, 03:15 PM
do you think downgrading is a good move?

From a coach that has lost fire and motivation for fear of being fired? Yes.

It happens to everyone man. He doesn't want one be on the sidelines anymore. He's old and doesn't have many more years to enjoy the millions the fans have made him.

spurraider21
01-05-2018, 03:18 PM
From a coach that has lost fire and motivation for fear of being fired? Yes.

It happens to everyone man. He doesn't want one be on the sidelines anymore. He's old and doesn't have many more years to enjoy the millions the fans have made him.
it sounds like you dont think it would be a downgrade. so who's our new coach in 2018 in your world after pop is cut loose?

SAGirl
01-05-2018, 03:35 PM
heh I thought apalisoc had died like Harlem...:lol

daledondale
01-05-2018, 03:47 PM
2/10

spurraider21
01-05-2018, 03:48 PM
it sounds like you dont think it would be a downgrade. so who's our new coach in 2018 in your world after pop is cut loose?
and of course, the response is silence.

people just whining over and over again gets old

UZER
01-05-2018, 04:00 PM

First, you’re hearing things I didn’t say.

Second, to answer your question, I don’t know off hand.

Third, now let me ask you a question. Was Pop a downgrade when he hired himself to replace Bob Hill? He had never been a head coach in the NBA. Yet, he replaced coach that had just lead the team to the best record in the NBA and finally to the Western Conference finals after years and years of early exits and disappointments in the Robinson era. A coach that had just lost his best player before the season even started.

I mean, despite having Tim, Pop still almost got himself fired early on because players weren’t responding to him. You know the story. Was he a downgrade at that time he replaced Hill?

Keepin' it real
01-05-2018, 04:04 PM
No.

SuperCam
01-05-2018, 04:15 PM
not trading LMA for kyrie and then drafting another shitty guard over Bell is the last straw tbh

spursistan
01-05-2018, 04:45 PM
Something to watch: Pop-Kawhi relationship doesn't seem to be anything special. I get that Leonard is an introvert-- some say he has no personality at all-- but Pop is the one who really needs to pay attention. The DNP-rests and roster moves better have a degree of buy-in from Kawhi.

I still think Leonard will extend with them, but it isn't a foregone conclusion like, say, a couple of years ago..We don't know: a playoff frustration moment could unexpectedly boil over and lead him to seek greener pastures..

MultiTroll
01-05-2018, 04:59 PM

Exactly what ego tard wanted and wants.
To have the shittiest team possible after he egos off for his Olympic gig.
Fucking extending Pau and 12:01 Patty.

*Oh the Spurs are nothing without great old Gregg Pop*

K...
01-05-2018, 05:16 PM
Just let Becky coach road games...Let pop shill to the home crowd. Becky knows how to coach inferior talent, poo doesn't.

SpursforSix
01-05-2018, 05:18 PM
Just let Becky coach road games...Let pop shill to the home crowd. Becky knows how to coach inferior talent, poo doesn't.

:pop: but I sure know how to pay inferior talent

BSfromTX
01-05-2018, 08:21 PM
Good post. I agree his ego is out of control. He IS a good coach, and the “system has made some players better than they really are (see Neal, spider, Jax, Blair, etc).

but...

his approach to media (especially), is not consistent with the whole “get over yourself” mantra, and that really has rubbed me the wrong way lately.

DMC
01-05-2018, 09:41 PM
Pop is worth his pay just for the salt he draws out of OP and his faggot leg riders.

Spurtacular
01-05-2018, 09:48 PM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS4_u4uPEJ6O6yNNzdwp7zz8UiHijt3k WfdhrI12mckFXLLhCashttps://s.faketrumptweet.com/jbys87x3_wruejt_l9xu95.png

TheGreatYacht
01-05-2018, 10:26 PM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS4_u4uPEJ6O6yNNzdwp7zz8UiHijt3k WfdhrI12mckFXLLhCashttps://s.faketrumptweet.com/jbys87x3_wruejt_l9xu95.png
Makes sense. He loves watching gorillas toss shit at themselves.