PDA

View Full Version : Shams: Lakers Releasing Andrew Bogut

BatManu20
01-06-2018, 12:43 PM
Yea he's injury-prone but I'll still take him over god awful Lauvergne any day (who also seems injury-prone). And he wants to play for a playoff contender. Spurs also reportedly were interested in him back in the offseason.

What say you?

Chinook
01-06-2018, 12:46 PM
They aren't cutting Joff and giving him $3 Million.

Trainwreck2100
01-06-2018, 12:48 PM
he's going to GS

spursistan
01-06-2018, 12:50 PM
Yeah I would take him over Joff Errors..At least he can do one thing expertly: illegal-screens..Him going to the Lakers was nonsensical in the first place..

BatManu20
01-06-2018, 12:52 PM

dabom
01-06-2018, 12:56 PM
Last faggot warrior we got injured Kawhi.

spursistan
01-06-2018, 12:56 PM
I think BP3 gets cut first if the Spurs look to add veterans in the buyout market..

wildbill2u
01-06-2018, 12:58 PM
We should shy away from a veteran that is cut from another team. Rarely provide any help.

Mr. Body
01-06-2018, 01:05 PM
He's off to Golden State.

BatManu20
01-06-2018, 01:10 PM

r0drig0lac
01-06-2018, 01:22 PM

http://replygif.net/i/163.gif

Raven
01-06-2018, 01:34 PM
Always liked him.

BatManu20
01-06-2018, 01:46 PM
Wonder if PHX is going to buyout Tyson Chandler this season. Would rather have him but beggers can't be choosers.

NASpurs
01-06-2018, 01:56 PM
Wonder if PHX is going to buyout Tyson Chandler this season. Would rather have him but beggers can't be choosers.

RoLo or bust.

Dex
01-06-2018, 02:00 PM
We should shy away from a veteran that is cut from another team. Rarely provide any help.

I'd be apt to agree, but the Spurs desperately need another big body. Not sure who they cut though....Paul seems like a likely candidate, but that would be a bold move from the FO.

He's off to Golden State.

I wouldn't be so sure. Bogut left GSW on bad terms, and they seem pretty committed to giving Bell any minutes that Green/West don't take. If he went back to the Warriors, he would definitely be trying to ride the bench to a ring.

UZER
01-06-2018, 02:01 PM
And back to GS he goes.

phxspurfan
01-06-2018, 02:08 PM
Irrelevant, he's done and won't get many minutes even on GS

jermaine
01-06-2018, 02:09 PM
I'd take him... A real big that knows his strengths an abilities. Set damn good picks too!!!

gambit1990
01-06-2018, 02:30 PM
wow, i totally forgot about him :lol

leaning towards signing him but idk how he looks on the court at this point.

bklynspursfan
01-06-2018, 02:32 PM
Andrew Bogut would come here and every moving screen not called on him in GS, would be called here the way this season is going.

bklynspursfan
01-06-2018, 02:33 PM
RoLo or bust.

He and Aldridge do have experience playing side by side. Idk how likely that is, but that would be a nice pickup.

illusioNtEk
01-06-2018, 02:34 PM
no please

bklynspursfan
01-06-2018, 02:56 PM
He'll end up in Houston probly

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-06-2018, 03:04 PM
I'd be apt to agree, but the Spurs desperately need another big body. Not sure who they cut though....Paul seems like a likely candidate, but that would be a bold move from the FO.

Our big man depth is a definite weakness. Bogut could fit in nicely. The team needs some toughness in the post...especially off the bench.

Mr. Body
01-06-2018, 03:27 PM
Our big man depth is a definite weakness. Bogut could fit in nicely. The team needs some toughness in the post...especially off the bench.

He can do much of what Pau can off the bench. Definitely.

TD 21
01-06-2018, 04:09 PM
Despite his obvious limitations, he's still clearly a superior option to Lauvergne. Only concern would be Pop trying to shoehorn him into the regular rotation, as opposed to utilizing him situationally.

McGee is already on the outs, so Warriors could waive him to free up a roster spot, but Celtics, Thunder and Spurs are probably more likely.

Forget about R. Lopez and Chandler, who both have another season left on their contracts. Zeller, Wright, Speights, Monroe, look like centers most likely to be waived or bought out.

SpurPadre
01-06-2018, 04:17 PM

Bobo says hi.

sasaint
01-06-2018, 04:40 PM
RoLo or bust.

:tu I wanted him instead of Touches to begin with.

gambit1990
01-06-2018, 04:57 PM
He and Aldridge do have experience playing side by side. Idk how likely that is, but that would be a nice pickup.
agreed.

SAGirl
01-06-2018, 05:20 PM
I just remember last season he got injured on his very first game for the Cavs.

As fans we probably have to reluctantly accept JOLO Errors will be on the team for his two seasons. When Pop was asked about him this is what he said:

“Yeah hes done really well. He started off the year really well, and that ankle put him back. It was a really tough sprain, and he keeps tweaking it. And his hand feels weird, its his shooting hand and he cant really grasp the ball very well, but he just keeps working through it and comes out and works as hard as he can when we give him time."

BP3 just had his best game since his early season games against the Heat and Celtics. Spurs may consider him still worth retaining since Pop notoriously said that they don't look to him for offense, what they care about with him is his impact defensively. They may consider him still necessary for depth this season and also next year since retaining some guys that are on the team this year might be a problem.

Phenomanul
01-06-2018, 09:33 PM
RoLo or bust.

Wait??? Robin Lopez is in buyout discussions?

MaNu4Tres
01-07-2018, 12:35 AM
Before most you go crazy, Bogut is a shell of himself.

Its amazing how Spurs fans fall in love with the name of a player, while being oblivious to the regression a player has had on the court.

Same shit as Kevin Martin two years ago.

He's done.

SpursforSix
01-07-2018, 12:42 AM

Its amazing how Spurs fans fall in love with the name of a player, while being oblivious to the regression a player has had on the court.

He's done.

Bogut is the perfect addition to Parker/Pau

Robz4000
01-07-2018, 12:42 AM

He's done.

But is he worse than Lauvergne?

MaNu4Tres
01-07-2018, 12:43 AM
Bogut is the perfect addition to Parker/Pau

You haven't watched him play this year.

MaNu4Tres
01-07-2018, 12:45 AM
But is he worse than Lauvergne?

Lauvergne won't play when Spurs field a full roster.

Don't want to give Pop any chance to play a player of Bogut's caliber. I can see Pop being stubborn and finding him minutes instead of going smaller and giving Bertans/Kyle the optimal minutes they should be getting.

Same shit as Kevin Martin when a lot of you guys wanted him.

TD 21
01-07-2018, 01:05 AM

He's done.

Lauvergne won't play when Spurs field a full roster.

Don't want to give Pop any chance to play a player of Bogut's caliber. I can see Pop being stubborn and finding him minutes instead of going smaller and giving Bertans/Kyle the optimal minutes they should be getting.

Same shit as Kevin Martin when a lot of you guys wanted him.

I knew this cliché response was coming, but it misses the point entirely. This isn't about Bogut; it's about Lauvergne. Even a near finished Bogut is a better situational option and insurance policy than Lauvergne. The fact that they're a Gasol or Aldridge injury away from a non NBA player, who lacks the wingspan to even credibly play the position, playing regular rotation minutes, is terrifying.

I understand the concern of Pop playing him too much, but I actually don't think he would. It's going to be difficult enough to play Gasol in certain matchups in the playoffs. Plus, they need every bit of offense they can muster, which means the tenth spot has to be either Forbes or Bertans.

MaNu4Tres
01-07-2018, 01:13 AM
I knew this cliché response was coming, but it misses the point entirely. This isn't about Bogut; it's about Lauvergne. Even a near finished Bogut is a better situational option and insurance policy than Lauvergne. The fact that they're a Gasol or Aldridge injury away from a non NBA player, who lacks the wingspan to even credibly play the position, playing regular rotation minutes, is terrifying.

I understand the concern of Pop playing him too much, but I actually don't think he would. It's going to be difficult enough to play Gasol in certain matchups in the playoffs. Plus, they need every bit of offense they can muster, which means the tenth spot has to be either Forbes or Bertans.

I really don't get the concern for a better insurance policy than Lauvergne.

Let's be real, if Pau or Aldridge gets hurt, Spurs are finished (if they aren't already). Bogut or any big available rigtht now that might be slightly better than Lauvergne won't change that.

I rather give Pop no chance to overplay Bogut.

TD 21
01-07-2018, 01:18 AM
I really don't get the concern for a better insurance policy than Lauvergne.

Let's be real, if Pau or Aldridge gets hurt, Spurs are finished (if they aren't already). Bogut or any big available rigtht now that might be slightly better than Lauvergne won't change that.

I rather give Pop no chance to overplay Bogut.

Even regular season. 2nd seed is still doable. They probably don't win game 5 of WCSF last season without home court and they probably don't win the series without doing so. They'll need every advantage they can get over Rockets.

Of course they'd be finished in the playoffs without Gasol or Aldridge, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't try to improve and delay that inevitability (should if happen obviously) anyway.

MaNu4Tres
01-07-2018, 01:29 AM
Even regular season. 2nd seed is still doable. They probably don't win game 5 of WCSF last season without home court and they probably don't win the series without doing so. They'll need every advantage they can get over Rockets.

Of course they'd be finished in the playoffs without Gasol or Aldridge, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't try to improve and delay that inevitability (should if happen obviously) anyway.

Bogut is just not good at all. He's slower than any Spur since Mengke Bateer.

He's regressed a lot.

SAGirl
01-07-2018, 01:31 AM
I tend to agree with manu4tres on this. If you give Pop a veteran he's going to play them like if he had a new toy. But my last recollection of Bogut was him getting hurt in his first cavs game so he might just stay injured a lot and Pop be forced to rest him anyways. They may actually stay away from him just on the injury reasons. I think PATFO lost patience with Tiago injuries his last season in the team and he was entrenched back then.

I am no fan of JOLO (joff lauvergne's twitter handle), but whatever. I still saw Pop earlier in the season trying to play him as the 3rd big and leaving Davis in the bench and if not for a rash, a whole rash of injuries we might not have gotten a real look at Davis. I am torn, but either way ultimately he doesn't tilt the needle.

TD 21
01-07-2018, 01:33 AM
Bogut is just not good at all. He's slower than any Spur since Mengke Bateer.

He's regressed a lot.

Again, that's not the point. The question isn't whether he's good, it's whether he's better than Lauvergne and the answer is unequivocally yes.

MaNu4Tres
01-07-2018, 01:40 AM
The gap isn't as wide as you're implying imo.

Bogut is pretty bad too.

BG_Spurs_Fan
01-07-2018, 04:07 AM
Again, that's not the point. The question isn't whether he's good, it's whether he's better than Lauvergne and the answer is unequivocally yes.

While Bogut is likely just about better than Lauvergne right now, I don't see the Spurs paying so much to cut Lauvergne just so they could slightly improve their 3rd center position. $3M for a team that's losing money probably is significant. Besides, after the trade deadline there'll be better options at center if they've really really soured on Lauvergne.

r0drig0lac
01-07-2018, 04:33 AM

Bogut is pretty bad too.

wrong

John B
01-07-2018, 09:01 AM
Agree as insurance if in case we lose either Aldridge or Pau. Bogut can stick it up to the Dubs. Aussie connection? Come on Fifty Mills.

MaNu4Tres
01-07-2018, 09:32 AM
Screw Bogut.

Get expendable Willy Hernangomez.

Chinook
01-07-2018, 09:36 AM
Screw Bogut.

Get expendable Willy Hernangomez.

Was just thinking of that. His salary fits into Joff's slot. However, it would likely cost at least a first to make the deal given Joff's potential to opt in. I wanted him over Milutinov in 2015, so I'd be willing to pay it. But I doubt PATFO would.

MaNu4Tres
01-07-2018, 09:44 AM
Was just thinking of that. His salary fits into Joff's slot. However, it would likely cost at least a first to make the deal given Joff's potential to opt in. I wanted him over Milutinov in 2015, so I'd be willing to pay it. But I doubt PATFO would.

Lance Thomas & Willy for Patty, rights to Militunov might work.

Spurs then waive Lauvergne or Paul.

Chinook
01-07-2018, 09:48 AM
Lance Thomas & Willy for Patty, rights to Militunov might work.

Spurs then waive Lauvergne or Paul.

Oh no, I'd want nothing to do with him for that price. The Spurs already had their stint with Thomas, and there's no reason why NY couldn't take Paul and waive him themselves to save SA much-needed money. I know you desperately want to trade Patty, but that desire does nothing but infects what should be a small move.

cd98
01-07-2018, 09:50 AM
Spurs are going to ride with Lauvergne. If there is one thing consistent about the Spurs, it's that they let their big men suck for two or three seasons before they decide they cannot play in this system. He'll eat up minutes and produce nothing. I'd be shocked if he isn't on the roster for this year and next.

MaNu4Tres
01-07-2018, 09:53 AM
Oh no, I'd want nothing to do with him for that price. The Spurs already had their stint with Thomas, and there's no reason why NY couldn't take Paul and waive him themselves to save SA much-needed money. I know you desperately want to trade Patty, but that desire does nothing but infects what should be a small move.

Many teams should be interested in Willy. If that's the case, the price would be more than Paul imo.

Chinook
01-07-2018, 10:09 AM
Many teams should be interested in Willy. If that's the case, the price would be more than Paul imo.

I don't think they'll be all too many teams looking to pay more than token seconds for Hernangomez. He's a good prospect, but he apparently can't get minutes behind mediocre bigs, and the market for centers has been bad for years now. I think Joff and a legit first would be a better offer than most will give even though almost every team could give more.

MaNu4Tres
01-07-2018, 10:27 AM
I don't think they'll be all too many teams looking to pay more than token seconds for Hernangomez. He's a good prospect, but he apparently can't get minutes behind mediocre bigs, and the market for centers has been bad for years now. I think Joff and a legit first would be a better offer than most will give even though almost every team could give more.

For Willy, I would avoid a 1st with this draft class coming up.

Chinook
01-07-2018, 10:28 AM
For Willy, I would avoid a 1st with this draft class coming up.

Doesn't have to be a 2018 first.

TheGreatYacht
01-07-2018, 11:08 AM
Festus Ezeli, Jordan Hill, Shawn Long, Christian Wood, and Terrence Jones are all better than this TOSB.

MaNu4Tres
01-07-2018, 12:37 PM
Festus Ezeli, Jordan Hill, Shawn Long, Christian Wood, and Terrence Jones are all better than this TOSB.

Can't disagree. Bogut is done.

MaNu4Tres
01-07-2018, 05:15 PM
Spurs fans wanting Bogut remind me of the fans that wanted Damon Stoudamire in 2008 and Kevin Martin in 2016. Both were on fumes and done.

Bogut falls in the same circle to me. I've watched probably more Lakers basketball than I should this year tbh..

TD 21
01-07-2018, 05:22 PM

Bogut is pretty bad too.

It is. Bogut is still a significantly better rim protector, rebounder, passer and screener. Sure, Lauvergne is more mobile, but it's not like he's some amazing p-n-r defender.

What's with the Hernangomez interest; aren't you anti old school bigs?

While Bogut is likely just about better than Lauvergne right now, I don't see the Spurs paying so much to cut Lauvergne just so they could slightly improve their 3rd center position. $3M for a team that's losing money probably is significant. Besides, after the trade deadline there'll be better options at center if they've really really soured on Lauvergne.

They probably won't do it, but they should. If they're serious about attempting to contend, they need better insurance at center.

If not traded first, the only clear cut better option guaranteed to be bought out, is Monroe. He'll likely want more of a guaranteed role though.

Agree on the likelihood of relatively poor offers. That's why most of these types of centers don't get moved. Despite their glaring limitations, its not that they suck; it's that their limitations and contract, in most cases, make it so the offers are so bad that there's no incentive, outside of finances.

Him being out of the rotation has virtually nothing to do with him. If they didn't acquire Kanter, a better version, he'd more than likely have his role. Meanwhile, O'Quinn offers something different and is a quality backup.

MaNu4Tres
01-07-2018, 05:34 PM
[LEFT]

It is. Bogut is still a significantly better rim protector, rebounder, passer and screener. Sure, Lauvergne is more mobile, but it's not like he's some amazing p-n-r defender.

What's with the Hernangomez interest; aren't you anti old school bigs?

Bogut isn't close to what he was 2 years ago. He's a shell of himself. He's like Stoudamire in 08' or Martin in 16'. Done.

The name carries a lot of weight though for the fans who haven't watched him play lately.

That's my two cents on him.

So I agree to disagree.

Hernangomez interest is there because of how his stock is very low right now. I like his grit, intelligence, motor and IQ -- he's a more athletic Oberto (I'm not saying he's a great athlete but better athlete than Oberto). I think he could be a solid back up 5 off the bench in the future if he continues to work.

MaNu4Tres
01-07-2018, 05:40 PM
Here's another:

Bolomboy just got waived so the Bucks can sign Kilpatrick for the year.

I'd prefer Bolomboy over Bogut.

SAGirl
01-07-2018, 05:51 PM
well what this thread has taught me is that there are options out there...
Problem is like Chinook, BG and others pointed also in this thread, Pop isn't waiving a guy that is basically guaranteed $3 million in 2 seasons. Unless it was some kind of a trade, they will still keep Joff.

TD 21
01-07-2018, 06:22 PM
Bogut isn't close to what he was 2 years ago. He's a shell of himself. He's like Stoudamire in 08' or Martin in 16'. Done.

The name carries a lot of weight though for the fans who haven't watched him play lately.

That's my two cents on him.

So I agree to disagree.

Hernangomez interest is there because of how his stock is very low right now. I like his grit, intelligence, motor and IQ -- he's a more athletic Oberto (I'm not saying he's a great athlete but better athlete than Oberto). I think he could be a solid back up 5 off the bench in the future if he continues to work.

Again, not debating that, but the question isn't whether he's still good (or for those who keep mentioning it, whether the finances likely prevent it), it's whether he's still better than Lauvergne and the answer is unequivocally yes. Even though I disagree, I get the concern with Pop overplaying him though.

Relative to what it would have been before the season, I don't think Hernangomez' stock has changed. Think teams know he's out of the rotation for reasons I stated.

If Raptors don't plan on salary dumping Valanciunas in the off season (Nets?), Nogueira is the guy. They're close to the tax and overloaded with rotation centers. Elite shot blocker/lob threat and a good passer, particularly on the roll. Forbes, Lauvergne, 2nd is worth a shot.

MaNu4Tres
01-07-2018, 06:32 PM
Again, not debating that, but the question isn't whether he's still good (or for those who keep mentioning it, whether the finances likely prevent it), it's whether he's still better than Lauvergne and the answer is unequivocally yes. Even though I disagree, I get the concern with Pop overplaying him though.

Relative to what it would have been before the season, I don't think Hernangomez' stock has changed. Think teams know he's out of the rotation for reasons I stated.

If Raptors don't plan on salary dumping Valanciunas in the off season (Nets?), Nogueira is the guy. They're close to the tax and overloaded with rotation centers. Elite shot blocker/lob threat and a good passer, particularly on the roll. Forbes, Lauvergne, 2nd is worth a shot.

Nogueira I like a lot. I can agree there.

SpursforSix
01-08-2018, 10:41 AM
You haven't watched him play this year.

You're right. I haven't. You said he's a shell of what he used to be. I know he's old and his best years are way behind him.
Like I said, he'd fit right in with Parker/Pau. Even more so if the Spurs could then sign him to an expensive long term contract.

MaNu4Tres
01-14-2018, 09:59 AM
For those who didn't watch him play this year.

There's a reason he hasn't been picked up yet.

I don't blame any team for not wanting him.

TD 21
01-14-2018, 06:46 PM
For those who didn't watch him play this year.

There's a reason he hasn't been picked up yet.

I don't blame any team for not wanting him.

That reason could very well be he's yet to decide on and/or waiting on a team. Bucks are rumored interested. They might be working the trade market first before doubling back.

wildbill2u
01-14-2018, 07:24 PM
Spurs won't give Joff away on waivers if they still have to pay him. They simply don't do that sort of thing. If its a bad deal, they'll leave him on the bench until a better deal comes along

8FOR!3
01-14-2018, 08:39 PM
Spurs won't give Joff away on waivers if they still have to pay him. They simply don't do that sort of thing. If its a bad deal, they'll leave him on the bench until a better deal comes along

With Rudy Gay as the backup stretch 4/big 3 role and Bertans taking over as the other big I don't really see the need for another one when you've got Ginobili and Patty as well off the bench. That's a 9 man rotation not including Forbes/Kyle (who is also a SF/stretch PF)/Murray. If Bertans works out I think he's the missing piece we need off the bench bringing size and more shooting.