PDA

View Full Version : "What an avalanche from San Antonio! A 21-point lead!"

Spurtacular
01-07-2018, 04:02 AM
For me, that was the zenith as a San Antonio Spurs fan.

Darius Bieber
01-07-2018, 04:05 AM
“And the Heat need a time out”

Darius Bieber
01-07-2018, 04:09 AM
https://youtu.be/CZ-98nC2xB4

szkorhetz
01-07-2018, 04:39 AM
Game 3 and 4, TBH. After a sour loss, which could have easily broke the players heart as the Heat showed they are the superior team, we went to Miami, stormed the gates and gave them no chance.

Fireball
01-07-2018, 04:41 AM
watched it a million times

Spurtacular
01-07-2018, 05:02 AM
Game 3 and 4, TBH. After a sour loss, which could have easily broke the players heart as the Heat showed they are the superior team, we went to Miami, stormed the gates and gave them no chance.

dafuq

DeRozan m8
01-07-2018, 05:19 AM
Yep, that 2 or so minute passage of play, topped with that quote, is my fave Spurs moment tbh

Spurtacular
01-07-2018, 05:45 AM
Nobody ever calls it out, but the James, Wade and minions coming to the Spurs bench before the buzzer to take some of the luster off the Spurs celebration was a bit of a bitch move, imo.

Fireball
01-07-2018, 06:01 AM
Yep, that 2 or so minute passage of play, topped with that quote, is my fave Spurs moment tbh

Game 5 had some great moments ... Kawhi 3 *bang* ... Manu dunk ... Splitter block ... Patty threes

Spurtacular
01-07-2018, 07:03 AM
Game 5 had some great moments ... Kawhi 3 *bang* ... Manu dunk ... Splitter block ... Patty threes

TD repeatedly making Haslem look like a chump and then posting up Lebron and taking him to school.

pookenstein
01-07-2018, 07:08 AM

Damn, somebody cut onions in my tv-room.

SAGirl
01-07-2018, 07:34 AM
I am still upset Pop threw away the 76ers game by hacking Ben Simmons.
I wonder if Pop will have a good mindset to not try to take over with his coaching decisions games that should be decided by the players. The team isn't dominant and can't afford Pop coaching blunders...

and yea.. that was a bit of a troll comment, bc although Pop is a GOAT coach, he isn't without his flaws...the 2014 championship seems a long time ago for me.

DeRozan m8
01-07-2018, 07:51 AM

True.

Loved the Kawhi pull up.

And the Manu dunk nearly caused a riot of joy

John B
01-07-2018, 08:51 AM
Give some love to Fifty Mills after watching that shooting tbh :lol

Capt Bringdown
01-07-2018, 11:27 AM
What a pity that it took giving away a championship to motivate the Spurs.
I've never seen an NBA team give away a championship like that - it still hurts.

Old School 44
01-07-2018, 11:37 AM
I was in the rafters with my son as the final seconds ticked down high-fiving everyone around. Best father's day and sports memory ever!

Spurtacular
01-07-2018, 12:30 PM
I've never seen an NBA team give away a championship like that - it still hurts.

Pop gave it away, tbh.

illusioNtEk
01-07-2018, 12:37 PM
I am still upset Pop threw away the 76ers game by hacking Ben Simmons.

Other teams have done this and won from it... I'm sure pop won't do this to him if we somehow meet in the finals.... Let pop be pop... remember we have the best coach in nba history.

sasaint
01-07-2018, 12:39 PM
For me, that was the zenith as a San Antonio Spurs fan.

The first chip was very sweet, but it did not provide anything like that incredible avalanche! I would have to agree.

Mr. Body
01-07-2018, 01:59 PM
Nobody ever calls it out, but the James, Wade and minions coming to the Spurs bench before the buzzer to take some of the luster off the Spurs celebration was a bit of a bitch move, imo.

Fuck that. I appreciate great sportsmanship.

Spurtacular
01-07-2018, 02:01 PM

Great sportsmanship is not video bombing their moment, tbh.

Play Boban
01-07-2018, 02:03 PM
Being up by five points with 28 seconds left.

phxspurfan
01-07-2018, 02:05 PM
Mine always Ck9nyiwaTIg

Spurtacular
01-07-2018, 02:06 PM
Being up by five points with 28 seconds left.

Such a great series by the Spurs to that point, too. The amazing Game 1 win. Game 5 blowout. Parker making that big three in Game 6.

phxspurfan
01-07-2018, 02:07 PM

That was probably one of the worst moments, along with 0.4, the Manu foul on Dirk, and Brent Barry getting fouled (very obviously) on the 3 point attempt by Fisher.

I still remember myself on my feet asking "why is he taking Duncan out?" Right before Bosh got the board and Allen hit the 3.

Mr. Body
01-07-2018, 02:37 PM
Great sportsmanship is not video bombing their moment, tbh.

Let me know when that's what they did.

DMC
01-07-2018, 03:24 PM
Manu came off the bench and lit it up, brought the grandpa juice. He got no love for it, since KL elevated his game, but Manu was the one who severely dug into that lead and fired the run.

bklynspursfan
01-07-2018, 03:30 PM

Word. It's not often seen these days.

bklynspursfan
01-07-2018, 03:31 PM
Manu came off the bench and lit it up, brought the grandpa juice. He got no love for it, since KL elevated his game, but Manu was the one who severely dug into that lead and fired the run.

Yup. After he and Battier got tangled up, it unleashed the beast in Manu. Dude is an ultimate competitor

DMC
01-07-2018, 03:36 PM

Played out like an old kung fu movie where the hero has to go into the woods, recover from the beating and return with full revenge.

TheRemix
01-07-2018, 07:26 PM
"Ginobili with the finish!" :cry

baseline bum
01-07-2018, 07:37 PM
Game 5 was unbelievable, but Game 3 of that series was the highpoint of the franchise IMO. I have never seen anything like that first quarter. But then Miami made a furious comeback to get to eight in the third and the crowd was losing its shit. Only to be whisper quiet a couple minutes later once the Spurs blew the game back open again.

Spurtacular
01-07-2018, 10:16 PM
Game 5 was unbelievable, but Game 3 of that series was the highpoint of the franchise IMO. I have never seen anything like that first quarter. But then Miami made a furious comeback to get to eight in the third and the crowd was losing its shit. Only to be whisper quiet a couple minutes later once the Spurs blew the game back open again.

And the Game 4 Fuck You Encore.

Could see that their fans had no faith in that team. They knew they were inferior. :lol

phxspurfan
01-07-2018, 11:03 PM

I personally liked game 1 when the AC went out in ATT and only LeRoid was gassed. Of course the media refused to cover why

Spurtacular
01-10-2018, 07:16 AM
I personally liked game 1 when the AC went out in ATT and only LeRoid was gassed. Of course the media refused to cover why

Yea, that's a hell of an oddity for a "super human."

Fireball
01-10-2018, 08:39 AM

that Belli three ... I love the mini movie by the NBA in which Pop goes to Belli during warm ups before the next game and tells him how huge that shot was because it stopped the run

spurraider21
01-10-2018, 05:39 PM
game 3 of the 2013 finals too... where Neal and Green absolutely went off from 3 and they just buried miami. pretty sure we set a record for 3's made in a finals game in that one

baseline bum
01-10-2018, 05:54 PM
game 3 of the 2013 finals too... where Neal and Green absolutely went off from 3 and they just buried miami. pretty sure we set a record for 3's made in a finals game in that one

Oh man that shot Neal hit to end the first half.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGltzck9wOg

Still, that series felt like it was always too good to be true. Like eventually the Spurs weren't going to be able to get away with Diaw just letting James shoot open jumpers to keep him out of the lane at all costs. I guess it worked for Dallas in 2011 though. It was a gimmick defense unlike 2014.

Skoobz
01-10-2018, 07:18 PM
"Blocked by Splitter, sends it right back at him"

Skoobz
01-10-2018, 07:26 PM
Dang onions

Budkin
01-10-2018, 07:39 PM
Set for life with that performance...

spurraider21
01-10-2018, 08:06 PM
Oh man that shot Neal hit to end the first half.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGltzck9wOg

Still, that series felt like it was always too good to be true. Like eventually the Spurs weren't going to be able to get away with Diaw just letting James shoot open jumpers to keep him out of the lane at all costs. I guess it worked for Dallas in 2011 though. It was a gimmick defense unlike 2014.
i dont buy that at all. we choked away a huge lead in 6 (and not to mention that final minute) and 7 went down to the wire

baseline bum
01-10-2018, 08:47 PM
i dont buy that at all. we choked away a huge lead in 6 (and not to mention that final minute) and 7 went down to the wire

Blowing a 13 point lead is pretty common in the playoffs though. Miami did the same shit in Game 5 of 2014. The Spurs lead late in Game 6 was a function of a monumental choke from LeBron with those two turnovers in a minute. I never really expected to win that series until 28 seconds left in Game 6.

FkLA
01-10-2018, 09:19 PM

That team was so special :cry

bklynspursfan
01-10-2018, 10:19 PM
JVG was talking about something (I think the Spurs longevity) and Mills hit another 3. He lost his train of thought and just said " This. Man. Can. Shoot."

I must've watched these games so many times after that, feel like I know more of the commentary than I should.

I put that 2014 finals team against any other finals team and feel they can hang with any of em'.

spurs10
01-11-2018, 03:46 AM
Yeah it was hotter than hell! Might have been a bit too much applauding when “The King” went down! :lol

gospursgojas
01-11-2018, 05:21 AM
Sadly I’ve never seen video of the Spurs’ celebration on the court once the final buzzer sounded. Stupid ABC/ESPN of course rather show Lebron shaking hands with Pop. You see them mosh together in background of that angle but only momentarily.

They also showed way too much of Lebrons walk to locker room instead of Spurs reactions.

UZER
01-11-2018, 09:12 AM

That Belli 3 man. Who knows what happens of he doesn't hit it. That's why I liked Belli. He was one dude that said, eff the system we need a bucket now.

That's probably why he got let go. :lol

cutewizard
01-11-2018, 10:47 AM
Best championship run, imo

cutewizard
01-11-2018, 10:48 AM
JVG was talking about something (I think the Spurs longevity) and Mills hit another 3. He lost his train of thought and just said " This. Man. Can. Shoot."

I must've watched these games so many times after that, feel like I know more of the commentary than I should.

I put that 2014 finals team against any other finals team and feel they can hang with any of em'.

Totally agree

wildbill2u
01-11-2018, 12:47 PM
I was in the rafters with my son as the final seconds ticked down high-fiving everyone around. Best father's day and sports memory ever!

My son flew in from Vegas with tickets for the game 5 and I agree it was my very best sports memory of all. (Bout time the little bastard paid me back for all the season tickets, eh?)

Proxy
01-11-2018, 02:03 PM
Sadly I’ve never seen video of the Spurs’ celebration on the court once the final buzzer sounded. Stupid ABC/ESPN of course rather show Lebron shaking hands with Pop. You see them mosh together in background of that angle but only momentarily.

They also showed way too much of Lebrons walk to locker room instead of Spurs reactions.

the snippets they eventually got to though... Duncan holding his kids and Manu finding his wife, Pop sitting on the bench. Onions and shit

Keepin' it real
01-11-2018, 02:32 PM
Live in the now.

gospursgojas
01-11-2018, 09:28 PM
the snippets they eventually got to though... Duncan holding his kids and Manu finding his wife, Pop sitting on the bench. Onions and shit

I remember one of the first interviews he was teary-eyed and says something like "after all we've been through" talking about him and his kids and his divorce. It was a redeeming win for more than just game 6 2013 for him.

spursistan
01-11-2018, 09:44 PM
Living in the past like a lakerfan :lol..

Old School 44
01-12-2018, 09:57 AM
My son flew in from Vegas with tickets for the game 5 and I agree it was my very best sports memory of all. (Bout time the little bastard paid me back for all the season tickets, eh?)
LOL! My son is now a freshman in high school, so I have a few more years before I get any pay back like that!

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-12-2018, 01:38 PM

Me too! My son and I were up there taking it all in. It was amazing. We went to games 4&5 in 2013 and then game 5 in '14. It took us about 3 hours to get back to our hotel by the Riverwalk afterwards. The roads were completely shut down with fans out on the streets. It was a great night!

My son and I talk about that being the best father's day ever...a memory we'll have forever.

Old School 44
01-12-2018, 03:46 PM
Me too! My son and I were up there taking it all in. It was amazing. We went to games 4&5 in 2013 and then game 5 in '14. It took us about 3 hours to get back to our hotel by the Riverwalk afterwards. The roads were completely shut down with fans out on the streets. It was a great night!

My son and I talk about that being the best father's day ever...a memory we'll have forever.

:tu As the game wound down, I am not ashamed to admit, my eyes welled up thinking about the devastating loss of the prior year and just the joy this team has brought me over the years. I'm a life-long Spurs fan and San Antonian, I know I had nothing to do with the outcome, but I was so proud of MY team and MY city.

spurraider21
01-12-2018, 03:49 PM
was the day of my graduation commencement ceremony from UCLA

SAGirl
01-12-2018, 04:16 PM
was the day of my graduation commencement ceremony from UCLA
heh I didn't know you were a UCLA grad.
You must have watched Kyle play live at UCLA right?

spurraider21
01-12-2018, 04:18 PM
heh I didn't know you were a UCLA grad.
You must have watched Kyle play live at UCLA right?
never cared for college sports, so never saw them play.

in fact the first time i went to a UCLA game of any kind was getting free tickets through work to the UCLA/Oregon football game just a couple months ago

Spurtacular
01-14-2018, 12:25 PM
The fact that it came following this, too. TBH

:lol I love the title of the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pbZmmjk4lw

vander
01-15-2018, 02:56 PM
that whole finals was just surreal, the Spurs weren't actually that good, but they were just in the zone like I've never seen in professional sports.