PDA

View Full Version : Warriors: Kawakami: Warriors targeting Anthony Davis

AlexJones
01-07-2018, 05:07 PM

Klay Thompson+Jordan Bell+Pat McCaw+picks would be a decent package

I wouldn't trade Dray for AD straight up if I'm Golden State. The Dynasty is Steph, KD and Dray. Thompson is completely expendable

dbreiden83080
01-07-2018, 05:25 PM
Why not Lebron too. With CP3 coming off the bench..

Clipper Nation
01-07-2018, 05:36 PM
More proof that the Warriors are the most mentally-weak, cowardly franchise in NBA history.

At this point, Vince McMahon needs to set up an XBA too. The Warriors are turning this league into a farce.

koriwhat
01-07-2018, 05:44 PM
More proof that the Warriors are the most mentally-weak, cowardly franchise in NBA history.

At this point, Vince McMahon needs to set up an XBA too. The Warriors are turning this league into a farce.

:tu

daslicer
01-07-2018, 05:54 PM

:lol All I can do is laugh at this point time. After getting KD I feel anything is possible for the Warriors. It wouldn't shock me if they even try to go after Kawhi in a few years.

Arcadian
01-07-2018, 06:21 PM
That won't work. You want Davis, you gotta give up Green.

daslicer
01-07-2018, 07:27 PM
That won't work. You want Davis, you gotta give up Green.

It would be comedy to see Dray's reaction if he got traded to the Pelicans. The meltdown that he would have would be epic.

TheRemix
01-07-2018, 07:28 PM
Damn that would be something to see..

LkrFan
01-07-2018, 08:32 PM
More proof that the Warriors are the Champs. They are LIGHT YEARS away from my Spurs too.

Agreed :toast

LkrFan
01-07-2018, 08:34 PM

They can beat the Sp*rs without KD - let along, adding another star. Especially if this is bad:

:downspin:

Clipper Nation
01-07-2018, 08:35 PM
The Lakers are trash again, so I guess all the LakersNorth fans are on to the next bandwagon :lol

LkrFan
01-07-2018, 08:36 PM
The Lakers are trash again, so I guess all the LakersNorth fans are on to the next bandwagon :lol

:toast

...but alas, the Clipps have never won anything. Like ever. They will be shining shoes this year too...just like the Lakers :)

Mitch
01-07-2018, 08:57 PM

...but alas, the Clipps have never won anything. Like ever. They will be shining shoes this year too...just like the Lakers :)

Como Estas, hijo de frijolero

LkrFan
01-07-2018, 09:16 PM
Como Estas, hijo de frijolero

Soy muy bueno. ¡ sólo estoy jugando con el Clipper Nation! :lol

Clipper Nation
01-07-2018, 09:20 PM

Bandwagoning teams, bandwagoning countries... just shameless stuff, Rigoberto.

ambchang
01-07-2018, 09:48 PM
I actually applaud the warriors for exploiting the mentality of :lol today’s nba stars. The media and the fan has created the false narrative that all rings are the same and that winning a ring, no matter how, justifies the existence of a basketball player and not winning one renders the entire player’s career meaningless.

It stared with Russell vs wilt, where the truth is somewhere between wilt not having the help and wilt not stepping up during crucial moments, the media got lazy and default to 11 rings. That said, there were still debates between the two with one side citing team accomplishments while the counter argument is that wilts individual brilliance justifies having him ahead.

The bird and magic came along and fans put more emphasis on team basketball. Bird was the better player at his peak but magic got more team success. But once Jordan came along the entire concept became basketball being and individual sport. Jordan was a selfish ballhog would cant win, but once he started to win he became the greatest. Never mind the bulls got Pippen and grant/Rodman.

Hakeem was a black hole malcontent until he won two rings. Barkley is a loser. Shaq is a nobody until his first ring. Players like Stockton, Ewing, kemp and Payton are all but nba footnotes. Robinson’s playoff disappointments can easily be explained through lack of outside shooting and the opposition crowding the paint, but it became a choker and soft. Kobe is an all time great because he won five rings, as if he never played as a second fiddle to shaq for three of those. Lebron is an all time great because he won rings, despite him teaming up with two other all stars to do so. Dirk was a choker until he won a ring, and now curry and Durant are all time greats because of the rings, never mind the teams can still be a championship level team without either of them.

It’s not about how much you contribute to a teams success anymore, it’s about material possessions representing accomplishments.

We’ve created this environment because the product is now pandered to the masses who do not understand the game at all, and can only make an argument around rings.

The warriors didn’t ruin the game, we did. They simply exploited it.

LkrFan
01-07-2018, 10:29 PM
Bandwagoning teams, bandwagoning countries... just shameless stuff, Rigoberto.

:lol

UZER
01-07-2018, 11:47 PM
They can beat the Sp*rs without KD - let along, adding another star. Especially if this is bad:

:downspin:

You say you're still here as a Laker fan during the tough years, but you've just fully jumped on the warriors band wagon.

DMC
01-08-2018, 12:55 AM

They don't want to lose in the 1st round.

DMC
01-08-2018, 12:56 AM
You say you're still here as a Laker fan during the tough years, but you've just fully jumped on the warriors band wagon.

You know how the "other side of the wall" people are, can't fix shit but they can borrow yours.

DeadlyDynasty
01-08-2018, 01:10 AM
You can't blame players for choosing to join Steph Curry over stiffs like Joffrey Lauvergne and Patty Mills. If you can't understand this concept than maybe time has passed you by.

AaronY
01-08-2018, 03:31 AM
Does Davis want out? Don't see why Pelicans would trade him otherwise

daledondale
01-08-2018, 07:25 AM
I actually applaud the warriors for exploiting the mentality of :lol today’s nba stars. The media and the fan has created the false narrative that all rings are the same and that winning a ring, no matter how, justifies the existence of a basketball player and not winning one renders the entire player’s career meaningless.

It stared with Russell vs wilt, where the truth is somewhere between wilt not having the help and wilt not stepping up during crucial moments, the media got lazy and default to 11 rings. That said, there were still debates between the two with one side citing team accomplishments while the counter argument is that wilts individual brilliance justifies having him ahead.

The bird and magic came along and fans put more emphasis on team basketball. Bird was the better player at his peak but magic got more team success. But once Jordan came along the entire concept became basketball being and individual sport. Jordan was a selfish ballhog would cant win, but once he started to win he became the greatest. Never mind the bulls got Pippen and grant/Rodman.

Hakeem was a black hole malcontent until he won two rings. Barkley is a loser. Shaq is a nobody until his first ring. Players like Stockton, Ewing, kemp and Payton are all but nba footnotes. Robinson’s playoff disappointments can easily be explained through lack of outside shooting and the opposition crowding the paint, but it became a choker and soft. Kobe is an all time great because he won five rings, as if he never played as a second fiddle to shaq for three of those. Lebron is an all time great because he won rings, despite him teaming up with two other all stars to do so. Dirk was a choker until he won a ring, and now curry and Durant are all time greats because of the rings, never mind the teams can still be a championship level team without either of them.

It’s not about how much you contribute to a teams success anymore, it’s about material possessions representing accomplishments.

We’ve created this environment because the product is now pandered to the masses who do not understand the game at all, and can only make an argument around rings.

The warriors didn’t ruin the game, we did. They simply exploited it.Great post.

DeRozan m8
01-08-2018, 08:14 AM

Completely disagree.

Can't just blame the average fan....if someone is a weak, easy path in life bitch like KD or Bron, then that is their shitty morals and ethics, not ours.

They already get paid millions for living the dream, least they can do is respect the league they play in.

Killakobe81
01-08-2018, 08:58 AM

Pretty damn good work here, Amb.
Dont agree 100% but appreciate the spirit of the message.
not all rings are, equal you are quite right there ...but still important when seperating the greatest from the great ...

Kyle Orton
01-08-2018, 11:27 AM
How classy would it be if these star players were going to fat antonio instead tbh

Jules_Winnfield
01-08-2018, 11:45 AM

Klay Thompson+Jordan Bell+Pat McCaw+picks would be a decent package

I wouldn't trade Dray for AD straight up if I'm Golden State. The Dynasty is Steph, KD and Dray. Thompson is completely expendable

C'mon :lol

Curry - Thompson - Durant - Davis

This would be something else.

ambchang
01-08-2018, 12:09 PM
Completely disagree.

Can't just blame the average fan....if someone is a weak, easy path in life bitch like KD or Bron, then that is their shitty morals and ethics, not ours.

They already get paid millions for living the dream, least they can do is respect the league they play in.

There isn’t anything disrespectful or morally wrong with what they are doing. The goal in life is for them to make the league and win a ring. The league used to have restrictions through limited revenue that they can’t actually give salaries to players that are so exorbitant that players don’t mind losing a few million here or there.

Then they all grew up watching how people’s legacy are created, and it’s clear it’s all about the ring. Doesn’t matter how you get it, as long as you got one. They see how a cog like Kenny smith would have gloating rights over a hofer like Barkley. They saw how lebron winning that first ring justified the decision as if it never happened. They saw how there’s actually a Kobe vs Duncan debate with the only argument being five rings. They saw how dirk catapulted from a soft Euro who can’t play d to be second/third best PF of all time, ahead of greats like Barkley and McHale (I actually agree, but I think dirk already surpassed both of them without the ring, his best years was way past in 2011 anyways ).

We really created this environment because we are too lazy.

DeRozan m8
01-08-2018, 01:38 PM
There isn’t anything disrespectful or morally wrong with what they are doing. The goal in life is for them to make the league and win a ring. The league used to have restrictions through limited revenue that they can’t actually give salaries to players that are so exorbitant that players don’t mind losing a few million here or there.

Then they all grew up watching how people’s legacy are created, and it’s clear it’s all about the ring. Doesn’t matter how you get it, as long as you got one. They see how a cog like Kenny smith would have gloating rights over a hofer like Barkley. They saw how lebron winning that first ring justified the decision as if it never happened. They saw how there’s actually a Kobe vs Duncan debate with the only argument being five rings. They saw how dirk catapulted from a soft Euro who can’t play d to be second/third best PF of all time, ahead of greats like Barkley and McHale (I actually agree, but I think dirk already surpassed both of them without the ring, his best years was way past in 2011 anyways ).

We really created this environment because we are too lazy.

Disagree.

It is disrespectful and morally wrong.

And we are not lazy.

Classic 2018....everything is always someone else's fault apparently

LkrFan
01-08-2018, 02:46 PM

Nope. Die hard Laker Fan through and through. :tu

Within 3-5 of my first few posts on ST, I was called a fagg:lolt. So, since I know you farmers loathe KD, I prop him up. Y'all love LeHype, so I clown him.

See how that works? :downspin:

Robz4000
01-08-2018, 03:15 PM

Within 3-5 of my first few posts on ST, I was called a fagg:lolt. So, since I know you farmers loathe KD, I prop him up. Y'all love LeHype, so I clown him.

maricón

LkrFan
01-08-2018, 03:18 PM
maricón

:lol

UZER
01-08-2018, 04:01 PM

Oh yeah, I'm sure that's it.

ambchang
01-08-2018, 04:23 PM
Disagree.

It is disrespectful and morally wrong.

And we are not lazy.

Classic 2018....everything is always someone else's fault apparently

Yeah. It’s our fault.

Not sure if you know what disrespectful or morally wrong is. I can’t comprehend how players building the best team possible to pursue the one thing society determined is the most valuable thing to them is wrong. It’s not like they cheated.

Mentally weak and chickenshit? Sure immoral and disrespectful? No. Btw, the league encouraged this type of behaviour too, so them following suit cannotbe disrespectful to the league.

I don’t like it but it is what it is.

DAF86
01-08-2018, 07:50 PM
Folks saying Klay Thompson is expendable are highly underrating his impact on the Warriors. The dude is the ultimate role-player: a guy that takes care of the other team's best player and can score 20 or 30 without needing to have the ball on his hands for more than a second at a time. Trading him for Anthony Davis wouldn't make the Warriors any better. So trading him AND other assets for AD makes even less sense.

UZER
01-08-2018, 08:54 PM
Folks saying Klay Thompson is expendable are highly underrating his impact on the Warriors. The dude is the ultimate role-player: a guy that takes care of the other team's best player and can score 20 or 30 without needing to have the ball on his hands for more than a second at a time. Trading him for Anthony Davis wouldn't make the Warriors any better. So trading him AND other assets for AD makes even less sense.

Steph can be Steph because the second best shooter in the NBA, also with a super quick release, is on his team. Anytime you cover Steph, you always have to wary and cover Klay too, which gives that extra inch of space to Steph, which is all he needs. It's unreal that both these guys ended up on the same team.

Durant and Steph are deadly, but Klay makes the team unguardable.

offset formation
01-08-2018, 11:09 PM
Thompson is far from expendable. He's a fucking stud.

He's more reliable than Curry.