PDA

View Full Version : Anyone not understand why the nativity scene should go? I'll be glad to explain.

Blake
01-09-2018, 12:58 PM
KNOX COUNTY, Tenn. (WVLT) --*The Freedom from Religion Foundation East Tennessee chapter sent a letter of correspondence to Kelly Drummond with Knox County Schools, copying Knox County Mayor Tim Burchett and Superintendent Bob Thomas. The letter was written in complaint of a Nativity display located at the Andrew Johnson Building on Floor M in front of the elevator.

According to the letter, an anonymous complainant said they felt uncomfortable coming forward because they did not practice Christianity.

"We ask that the employee(s) who placed the display be advised to remove it and be educated on the reasons that such displays in government work areas are neither appropriate nor legal," the letter read.

"Please also train all employees to be alert for and report displays such as this so co-workers of other (or no) religions feel comfortable in your workplace despite differing views," the letter continued. "In this regard we feel that part of your job is to protect those in the minority who may feel the religious climate diminishes their ability to speak for themselves."

The letter, signed by the President of the Freedom from Religion Foundation's East Tennessee chapter, ended with a request for a reply in writing "to inform us how this matter has been addressed so we many follow up with your employee."

http://www.local8now.com/content/news/Group--468099843.html

Blake
01-09-2018, 01:06 PM
This columnist compared atheists requesting removal of the Nativity scene with ISIS.

http://www.knoxnews.com/story/opinion/readers/2018/01/04/burchett-persists-against-anti-religion-group/1003764001/

Spurtacular
01-09-2018, 01:07 PM
Go ahead and explain, cuck.

Blake
01-09-2018, 01:58 PM
Go ahead and explain, cuck.

It's a constitutional violation. Pretty easy stuff that for some reason seems hard for people like you to grasp.

Cuppycake Gumdrop
01-09-2018, 02:18 PM
It's a constitutional violation. Pretty easy stuff that for some reason seems hard for people like you to grasp.
I’m pretty sure you’re just trying to outlaw Christmas for everyone, cuck!

Blake
01-09-2018, 03:21 PM
I’m pretty sure you’re just trying to outlaw Christmas for everyone, cuck!

It's a war

sickdsm
01-09-2018, 03:49 PM
No place for Nativity scene at a public school. That's not an opinion.

Or wherever the Andrew Johnson building is......

CosmicCowboy
01-09-2018, 05:25 PM
Lol @ snowblake.

spurraider21
01-09-2018, 05:25 PM
Lol @ snowblake.
:lol

Blake
01-09-2018, 05:29 PM
Lol @ snowblake.

Lol

koriwhat
01-09-2018, 06:33 PM
wgaf? little sissy's only. i'm not a religious nut but it wouldn't bug me one bit to see some nativity scene at a school. yeah yeah, separation of state and school.

until academia starts living in reality and gets rid of safe spaces and other bs far left ideals then we can discuss nativity scenes on campus'.

Blake
01-09-2018, 06:41 PM
wgaf? little sissy's only. i'm not a religious nut but it wouldn't bug me one bit to see some nativity scene at a school. yeah yeah, separation of state and school.

until academia starts living in reality and gets rid of safe spaces and other bs far left ideals then we can discuss nativity scenes on campus'.

You'd be a sissy if they put up Koran verses.

koriwhat
01-09-2018, 06:44 PM

i have a couple buddies across the street from my business that are islamic and i visit them almost daily. our interactions are short but nonetheless productive and not filled with hatred in the least. if it was up to you all here on ST i'd be the biggest racist xenophobe ever. poor poor blake.

koriwhat
01-09-2018, 06:47 PM

as well, verses are not the same as a scene of a baby being adored. on the flipside, would the islamic nativity scene be mohammad fucking the child?

baseline bum
01-09-2018, 07:08 PM
as well, verses are not the same as a scene of a baby being adored. on the flipside, would the islamic nativity scene be mohammad fucking the child?

That would be the Olangapo nativity scene with Avante.

koriwhat
01-09-2018, 07:11 PM
That would be the Olangapo nativity scene with Avante.

i've stayed out of that mess yall have created with avante. gonna keep staying out of it.... def don't want to go down that rabbit hole but accusing anyone of such acts without proof is demonic and straight up evil.

Blake
01-09-2018, 07:17 PM

Well depending on what text you read, the approximate age of Virgin Mary when God raped her was anywhere from 12-14

Blake
01-09-2018, 07:18 PM
i have a couple buddies across the street from my business that are islamic and i visit them almost daily. our interactions are short but nonetheless productive and not filled with hatred in the least. if it was up to you all here on ST i'd be the biggest racist xenophobe ever. poor poor blake.

:cry some of my friends are Muslim

koriwhat
01-09-2018, 07:19 PM
Well depending on what text you read, the approximate age of Virgin Mary when God raped her was anywhere from 12-14

lmao at god raping anyone... yall are so bitter and for what exactly, the life you were given?

koriwhat
01-09-2018, 07:22 PM
btw blake, last time i checked, god isn't a man and only (hu)man rapes. i believe in god but more as the theory of energy/the void/collective consciousness.

koriwhat
01-09-2018, 07:23 PM
:cry some of my friends are Muslim

yall build the towers and i tear them down. then comes the crybaby condescending remarks by lefty loons like yourself.

Blake
01-09-2018, 07:27 PM
lmao at god raping anyone... yall are so bitter and for what exactly, the life you were given?

I'm not bitter at the silly bible. I'm just going off what it says.

koriwhat
01-09-2018, 07:28 PM
I'm not bitter at the silly bible. I'm just going off what it says.

lmao

Blake
01-09-2018, 07:29 PM
btw blake, last time i checked, god isn't a man and only (hu)man rapes. i believe in god but more as the theory of energy/the void/collective consciousness.

I don't care what you believe. I'm just giving you nativity scene background.

DarrinS
01-09-2018, 07:32 PM
If you draw a picture of the nativity scene, no one will try to kill you.

spurraider21
01-09-2018, 07:32 PM
I'm not bitter at the silly bible
coulda fooled me, tbh :lol

spurraider21
01-09-2018, 07:33 PM
If you draw a picture of the nativity scene, no one will try to kill you.
though you could be subject to eternal damnation which is arguably worse imo

Blake
01-09-2018, 07:36 PM
coulda fooled me, tbh :lol

I'm put off by the silly Christians that push their bible agendas on the public. If they were to keep it to themselves, I would be extremely indifferent.

DeadlyDynasty
01-09-2018, 07:40 PM
I agree, this needs to be addressed immediately before it's too late.

koriwhat
01-09-2018, 07:43 PM
I'm put off by the silly Christians that push their bible agendas on the public. If they were to keep it to themselves, I would be extremely indifferent.

you ok with marketing at all? what clothes do you wear? car? got stickers on anything?

fuck god right but prop up brands? lmao and blake, i know you weren't asking me what i believe in and you were describing the nativity scene in such a naive way. if god is a spirit, the wind between your wings, then how could god rape anyone?

i'm not even religious and no nativity scene upsets me. it's not a big deal.

Blake
01-09-2018, 07:50 PM
I agree, this needs to be addressed immediately before it's too late.

Thank you.

Blake
01-09-2018, 07:55 PM
you ok with marketing at all? what clothes do you wear? car? got stickers on anything?

fuck god right but prop up brands? lmao and blake, i know you weren't asking me what i believe in and you were describing the nativity scene in such a naive way. if god is a spirit, the wind between your wings, then how could god rape anyone?

i'm not even religious and no nativity scene upsets me. it's not a big deal.

Just too much.

Pick one of those illogical things to discuss

koriwhat
01-09-2018, 07:56 PM
Just too much.

Pick one of those illogical things to discuss

the universe raping a woman here on planet earth. explain away buddy.

TeyshaBlue
01-09-2018, 07:57 PM
Lol @ snowblake.

That's gonna stick.:lol

Blake
01-09-2018, 07:58 PM
the universe raping a woman here on planet earth. explain away buddy.

God being a windy space energy isn't in the bible. That's koriwhatian.

Blake
01-09-2018, 07:58 PM
That's gonna stick.:lol

Cc will make sure it does.

koriwhat
01-09-2018, 07:59 PM
God being a windy space energy isn't in the bible. That's koriwhatian.

explain away then since you read more than trump and obviously read the bible. i need to be informed; inform me please.

spurraider21
01-09-2018, 08:00 PM
doesn't take much to read more than trump tbh

koriwhat
01-09-2018, 08:08 PM
doesn't take much to read more than trump tbh

maybe, maybe not but who really knows? not you nor i. you hang with the dude daily to actually know his routine or his likes and dislikes? speculative wishful thinking because you hate the dude and nothing more to it. no substance for your hatred. just blind hatred. when did that become your thing exactly?

spurraider21
01-09-2018, 08:13 PM
maybe, maybe not but who really knows? not you nor i. you hang with the dude daily to actually know his routine or his likes and dislikes? speculative wishful thinking because you hate the dude and nothing more to it. no substance for your hatred. just blind hatred. when did that become your thing exactly?
well, he claims he reads the bible every night, and then when reading a passage, read "two Corinthians" :lol... his speaking style also doesn't come across as somebody very well read at all, and his talking points/tweeting points show nothing more than he's a guy that watches a lot of fox news, not somebody who has read anything like rousseau, hobbes... or even kissinger

its no secret that i dislike trump, but i don't think its blind :lol... i think he's a narcissist and an asshole with a very simplistic view on some extremely complex issues, doesn't care about getting facts right, thinks science is fake when he doesn't understand it, and he's enacting policies/making decisions which are going to hurt us in the long run.

koriwhat
01-09-2018, 08:30 PM
well, he claims he reads the bible every night, and then when reading a passage, read "two Corinthians" :lol... his speaking style also doesn't come across as somebody very well read at all, and his talking points/tweeting points show nothing more than he's a guy that watches a lot of fox news, not somebody who has read anything like rousseau, hobbes... or even kissinger

its no secret that i dislike trump, but i don't think its blind :lol... i think he's a narcissist and an asshole with a very simplistic view on some extremely complex issues, doesn't care about getting facts right, thinks science is fake when he doesn't understand it, and he's enacting policies/making decisions which are going to hurt us in the long run.

maybe we need more simplicity in law... i mean, forever now we have let our borders go to shit while not enforcing our policies/laws. maybe a simplistic solution would be to start upholding those laws instead of making it so damn complex that everyone just throws their hands up and allows for more illegal activity to enter our nation. that's just one issue i can see fixed by simply doing by the book and not turning a blind eye to the issue like past administrations have done.

simple isn't stupid. in most cases it's smart. overthinking sometimes leads to complexity when it is not needed.

as for reading this guy or that guy... you ever read kevin simpson? doubtful, unless you're into javascript programming. i am not one for stories of fiction so i don't read that type of book. i read books that educate me and teach me more than moral "ideals". bet trump could out read you when it comes to the bottom line; stocks, money, etc. should he consider you to be "simple" by that example? different levels my friend. you like what you like and he likes what he likes. doesn't mean he's better or more rounded than you and vice versa.

look at the internet as a whole and tell me who isn't a narcissist these days. you got whores claiming otherwise because they're "models" now because of the internet, you got people flaunting shit on fb & ig that have nothing in real life, etc... no one is who you think they are these days and that's a sad reality but one we all live in now. to get to the top, a little narcissism is needed i think.

you talk about decisions that are going to hurt us... did you have any problems with the past admins decisions that have hurt us?

blind leading the blind.

Spurtacular
01-09-2018, 09:55 PM

What is "it" and how is it a Constitutional violation. You offered to explain this, cuck. You're doing a predictably shitty job at it thus far.

Spurtacular
01-09-2018, 10:23 PM

They probably hate you, tbh.

koriwhat
01-09-2018, 10:52 PM
They probably hate you, tbh.

more than likely.

Blake
01-10-2018, 03:27 PM
more than likely.

So they're not your buddies?

Make up your mind

Blake
01-10-2018, 03:32 PM
What is "it" and how is it a Constitutional violation. You offered to explain this, cuck. You're doing a predictably shitty job at it thus far.

Establishment of religion clause in the 1st amendment.

The school district is run by public tax dollar.

koriwhat
01-10-2018, 03:38 PM
So they're not your buddies?

Make up your mind

sarcasm but you can't see humor when your feelings overpower your rationale. but hey, i don't disregard any notion that they might not like me. they're in business and sometimes in business to get the sale you have to play the part. who knows? all i know is our interactions daily are friendly.

Establishment of religion clause in the 1st amendment.

The school district is run by public tax dollar.

i totally understand your pov. with that said, a nativity scene would still not bug me in the least. what would bug me is required religious studies like they have in private schools. i thoroughly enjoy christmas time, the weather, the songs, etc... takes me back to being a kid when my great grandmother was still around and other family too but whatever.