PDA

View Full Version : Trump administration sentences immigrants with death

RandomGuy
01-10-2018, 01:36 PM
One sad reality of what we are sending people back to is a dangerous environment, where deportation is tantamount to a death sentence, as it was for Laura.

--------------------------------------
SHAPIRO: You begin this article with a story of a 23-year-old woman named Laura who lived in Texas, had a restraining order against her husband in Mexico and was detained in a routine traffic stop. What happened to her?

STILLMAN: So Laura had actually been living in the U.S. for most of her adult life. She had U.S. citizen children. She was living in Texas. And one night, she was driving home from work when she was just pulled over for allegedly driving between two lanes. And the cop, when he stopped her, found out that she was undocumented. And he made the, at the time, unconventional decision to call Border Patrol to the scene.

And she pled for her life saying, I've got this protective order. I've been getting death threats from my ex-spouse who's back in Mexico who has joined a drug cartel. He really will kill me if I'm sent back. Nonetheless, that very same night, she was coerced into signing immediate removal paperwork and was marched across the bridge.

SHAPIRO: She said something really chilling to the border agent who detained her.

STILLMAN: Yes. Her last words actually to the Border Patrol agent who was sending her back across the bridge were, you know, when I'm found dead, it will be on your conscience. And indeed, that's exactly what transpired. Her body was found in a vehicle incinerated after she had been strangled.

https://www.npr.org/2018/01/09/576858224/how-one-group-is-tracking-violence-experienced-after-deportation

[edit]

(Thanks to Spurraider):

Now we have to think about people who have been here, legally, and are productive people, with jobs.

This was supposed to be in conjunction with the decision to end the temporary status of Salvadorans, who were here legally.

S.A. Salvadoran immigrants fear their future after US ends protections
http://www.kens5.com/news/local/sa-salvadoran-immigrants-fear-their-future-after-us-ends-protections/506408719

spurraider21
01-10-2018, 01:39 PM
"have been here, legally"

"she was undocumented"

boutons_deux
01-10-2018, 01:48 PM
white male supremacist racist Sessions firing on all cylinders

Justice Department Announces Court Order Revoking Naturalized Citizenship, Citing Fingerprint Issue

Operation Janus may revoke the citizenship of thousands of people, according to the Department of Homeland Security, some of whom have been U.S. citizens for decades.

Operation Janus identified 315,000 cases in which people were granted citizenship without the proper fingerprint data available, and USCIS intends “to refer approximately an additional 1,600 for prosecution,” t

The DOJ is asserting, according to its Tuesday statement, that cases in which proper fingerprint data is missing may suggest that some of those affected by USCIS’ oversight “sought to circumvent criminal record and other background checks in the naturalization process.”

Operation Janus does not bode well for the thousands of immigrants who have had to navigate the United States’ complicated, lengthy, and costly (http://thehill.com/sites/default/files/nclr_citizenship_beyond_reach_0.pdf) immigration system.

immigration to the United States on a temporary or permanent basis is limited to

three routes:

employment (http://money.cnn.com/2017/10/25/technology/business/h1b-visa-renewal-uscis/index.html),

family reunification (https://www.npr.org/2018/01/07/576301232/explaining-chain-migration), or

humanitarian protection (https://rewire.news/article/2017/11/07/trump-finds-another-way-slash-legal-immigration/)

—all avenues currently being attacked by the Trump administration.

Each of these routes is “highly regulated and subject to numerical limitations and eligibility requirements.”

https://rewire.news/article/2018/01/09/justice-department-revokes-naturalized-citizenship-citing-fingerprint-issue/

Trash's JIM CROW USA: WHITES ONLY

boutons_deux
01-10-2018, 01:54 PM
slave-state Texas says undoc youth are not full humans, maybe only "3/5" humans?

Texas Attorney General: Undocumented Minors Aren’t Entitled to Due Process Rights

https://rewire.news/article/2018/01/09/texas-attorney-general-argues-undocumented-minors-not-entitled-due-process-rights/?utm_source=Rewire+Newsletter&utm_campaign=4a1e029e7a-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_01_10&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_811d53d1b5-4a1e029e7a-111083417

William Hung
01-10-2018, 02:09 PM
Pro tip: don't marry into the Mexican cartel

Mark Celibate
01-10-2018, 02:38 PM
Non issue

AaronY
01-10-2018, 02:40 PM
Yeah, I thought this was gonna be about deporting people back to a genocidal regime or something

RandomGuy
01-10-2018, 02:44 PM
"have been here, legally"

"she was undocumented"

Thank you, missed a link. I will go back in and edit the OP. This was supposed to be in conjunction with the decision to end the temporary status of Salvadorans, who were here legally.

http://www.kens5.com/news/local/sa-salvadoran-immigrants-fear-their-future-after-us-ends-protections/506408719

Chucho
01-10-2018, 02:44 PM
Non issue

koriwhat
01-10-2018, 02:46 PM
STILLMAN: So Laura had actually been living in the U.S. for most of her adult life....

her life being taken and her children being left without a mother is a sad reality but being here for "most of her adult life" has me questioning why she never applied for citizenship when she could apply for a protective order. her life is no less valuable than the next man and the incident is tragic but laws are laws and she was here illegally. should MMxGA.

koriwhat
01-10-2018, 02:47 PM

buh-bye!

Big Dog
01-10-2018, 02:50 PM
buh-bye!
fuck yeah!

boutons_deux
01-10-2018, 02:52 PM
Trump Is ‘Stealing’ Benefits From Elderly Immigrants He’s Expelling From the United States

Not only would deporting all Salvadoran, Honduran, and Haitian TPS recipients cost taxpayers $3.1 billion dollars, but their absence would leave a gigantic hole in the U.S. economy. ILRC reported (https://www.ilrc.org/sites/default/files/resources/2017-04-18_economic_contributions_by_salvadoran_honduran_a nd_haitian_tps_holders.pdf) that ending TPS for these three countries would result in a $6.9 billion reduction to Social Security and Medicare contributions over a decade, as well as a $45.2 billion reduction in GDP over a decade.

The lay-offs of the entire employed TPS population from El Salvador, Haiti, and Honduras would cost employers $967 million in turnover costs.

Despite popular narratives that immigrants don’t pay taxes, but rather “drain the system,” TPS recipients and undocumented immigrants are actually keeping benefits for Americans afloat (http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/undocumented-workers-are-keeping-key-benefit-program-afloat#53366).

“My friends and I have been talking about this a lot, and we want answers.

We have been paying into Social Security, paying taxes, thousands of us have been doing this.

We thought this money was being stored for our future,” Yanez said

If they force us to leave without giving us our benefits, that’s stealing. How can they send me back to El Salvador, at this age, with nothing? How can I build another life in El Salvador with nothing, not even with what is owed to me? We will die of hunger.”

“As TPS ends and people are forced to leave or they are deported, accessing their benefits isn’t really straightforward.

They have paid into Medicare, that they presumably will not get.

When it comes to Social Security, I think it’s a very complicated question that requires individuals to consult with tax advisers and immigration attorneys,”

https://rewire.news/article/2018/01/08/trump-stealing-benefits-elderly-immigrants-hes-expelling-us/

Mark Celibate
01-10-2018, 02:54 PM
GTFO

koriwhat
01-10-2018, 02:54 PM
Trump Is ‘Stealing’ Benefits From Elderly Immigrants He’s Expelling From the United States

Not only would deporting all Salvadoran, Honduran, and Haitian TPS recipients cost taxpayers $3.1 billion dollars, but their absence would leave a gigantic hole in the U.S. economy. ILRC reported (https://www.ilrc.org/sites/default/files/resources/2017-04-18_economic_contributions_by_salvadoran_honduran_a nd_haitian_tps_holders.pdf) that ending TPS for these three countries would result in a $6.9 billion reduction to Social Security and Medicare contributions over a decade, as well as a $45.2 billion reduction in GDP over a decade.

The lay-offs of the entire employed TPS population from El Salvador, Haiti, and Honduras would cost employers $967 million in turnover costs.

Despite popular narratives that immigrants don’t pay taxes, but rather “drain the system,” TPS recipients and undocumented immigrants are actually keeping benefits for Americans afloat (http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/undocumented-workers-are-keeping-key-benefit-program-afloat#53366).

“My friends and I have been talking about this a lot, and we want answers.

We have been paying into Social Security, paying taxes, thousands of us have been doing this.

We thought this money was being stored for our future,” Yanez said

If they force us to leave without giving us our benefits, that’s stealing. How can they send me back to El Salvador, at this age, with nothing? How can I build another life in El Salvador with nothing, not even with what is owed to me? We will die of hunger.”

“As TPS ends and people are forced to leave or they are deported, accessing their benefits isn’t really straightforward.

They have paid into Medicare, that they presumably will not get.

When it comes to Social Security, I think it’s a very complicated question that requires individuals to consult with tax advisers and immigration attorneys,”

https://rewire.news/article/2018/01/08/trump-stealing-benefits-elderly-immigrants-hes-expelling-us/

illegals crying about benefits? lmao!

Chucho
01-10-2018, 02:56 PM
GTFO

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/l6Hfk13LZIQ/hqdefault.jpg

Big Dog
01-10-2018, 02:59 PM
GTFO
:lmao holy shit, what have we come to when cuckold_deux cries foul over this kind of shit

spurraider21
01-10-2018, 03:00 PM
my take on all this stuff...

1. i'm all for expanding avenues for legal immigration. i love that america is a "beacon of hope" for people that come from shitholes. i also think there is great benefit to having immigrants be more proactive in their attempts to assimilate more than we see in many pockets. for instance, MANY in the armenian community do a poor job at assimilating. the adults dont make much of an attempt to learn english, and they only hang out with other armenians. there are a ton of ethnic armenians BORN here who still treat english like their second language, and i'm not a fan of that dynamic. i like that my family has done a lot more to "americanize" and think that should be much more of a norm than it is

2. i absolutely understand the disdain towards illegal or undocumented immigrants (from a principled point of view, not the xenophobic one we see from some posters here). i think its hard to rationalize having a law and not punishing people for breaking that very law. sometimes executive decisions are made when legislators are slow to act (DACA), and that's often a really tough pill to swallow and is subject to dramatic, sudden shifts in policy (calling for end to DACA). it is substantially harder to justify when you have undocumented/illegal immigrants who also then commit crimes (kate's law stuff).

3. but there's also the humanitarian aspect to it, whether people want to acknowledge it or not. do we round up families who have been law abiding, productive, and just trying to live after escaping violence/crime in their home country? that just seems like really shitty policy. i dont think mass deportation is humane, practical, or cost effective. i'm willing to send criminal aliens home, though.

4. at the VERY LEAST, i cant imagine a justification against DACA protection. punishing someone for a crime usually has to do with their decision to commit that crime. a 12 year old dragged here illegally by his/her parents has absolutely no say in that decision. and if that 12 year old then comes here, finishes high school, has gainful employment or is in college, or is otherwise a productive member of society, how the hell do you justify punishing THAT person by stripping them of everything they've worked for because their parents made a decision on their behalf a decade ago. it's complete nonsense. i have an extra soft spot here because a few years ago, my now-wife's immigration attorney at one point was advising her of her option to NOT renew her visa and just to go undocumented because she would have DACA protection... if she had gone that route and DACA was suddenly stripped, she'd have been utterly fucked

koriwhat
01-10-2018, 03:01 PM
:lmao holy shit, what have we come to when cuckold_deux cries foul over this kind of shit

it's the "feelings" crowd killing this great nation. sad but true. we need more psychwards in this nation.

boutons_deux
01-10-2018, 03:09 PM
"america is a "beacon of hope" for people that come from shitholes."

America is already a shithole for 10Ms Americans, 40M+ on public assistance, 10Ms living in mfr'd homes in trailer parks, 100Ks homeless sleeping rough, and 100Ks living in their cars, RVs, vans.

The oligarchy, having bought themselves $Ts in tax cuts, will now switch to screwing, ground down the poor even more by cutting the safety net, because as a Christian country, that's what Christ would do.

Or maybe it's what the wealthy Jewish, money-changing Pharisees would do?

rmt
01-10-2018, 04:24 PM
my take on all this stuff...

1. i'm all for expanding avenues for legal immigration. i love that america is a "beacon of hope" for people that come from shitholes. i also think there is great benefit to having immigrants be more proactive in their attempts to assimilate more than we see in many pockets. for instance, MANY in the armenian community do a poor job at assimilating. the adults dont make much of an attempt to learn english, and they only hang out with other armenians. there are a ton of ethnic armenians BORN here who still treat english like their second language, and i'm not a fan of that dynamic. i like that my family has done a lot more to "americanize" and think that should be much more of a norm than it is

2. i absolutely understand the disdain towards illegal or undocumented immigrants (from a principled point of view, not the xenophobic one we see from some posters here). i think its hard to rationalize having a law and not punishing people for breaking that very law. sometimes executive decisions are made when legislators are slow to act (DACA), and that's often a really tough pill to swallow and is subject to dramatic, sudden shifts in policy (calling for end to DACA). it is substantially harder to justify when you have undocumented/illegal immigrants who also then commit crimes (kate's law stuff).

3. but there's also the humanitarian aspect to it, whether people want to acknowledge it or not. do we round up families who have been law abiding, productive, and just trying to live after escaping violence/crime in their home country? that just seems like really shitty policy. i dont think mass deportation is humane, practical, or cost effective. i'm willing to send criminal aliens home, though.

4. at the VERY LEAST, i cant imagine a justification against DACA protection. punishing someone for a crime usually has to do with their decision to commit that crime. a 12 year old dragged here illegally by his/her parents has absolutely no say in that decision. and if that 12 year old then comes here, finishes high school, has gainful employment or is in college, or is otherwise a productive member of society, how the hell do you justify punishing THAT person by stripping them of everything they've worked for because their parents made a decision on their behalf a decade ago. it's complete nonsense. i have an extra soft spot here because a few years ago, my now-wife's immigration attorney at one point was advising her of her option to NOT renew her visa and just to go undocumented because she would have DACA protection... if she had gone that route and DACA was suddenly stripped, she'd have been utterly fucked

I'd get rid of any immigration attorney who advised me to break the law.

hater
01-10-2018, 04:44 PM
Non issue

Posted September the 5th 1939

AaronY
01-10-2018, 04:57 PM
"america is a "beacon of hope" for people that come from shitholes."

America is already a shithole for 10Ms Americans, 40M+ on public assistance, 10Ms living in mfr'd homes in trailer parks, 100Ks homeless sleeping rough, and 100Ks living in their cars, RVs, vans.

The oligarchy, having bought themselves $Ts in tax cuts, will now switch to screwing, ground down the poor even more by cutting the safety net, because as a Christian country, that's what Christ would do.

Or maybe it's what the wealthy Jewish, money-changing Pharisees would do?
I hate you so fucking much.

boutons_deux
01-10-2018, 04:58 PM
"i think its hard to rationalize having a law and not punishing people for breaking that very law. "

Like banks making $Bs by breaking the law but not being punished?

Or do you mean "PEOPLE" who are non-white, poor, and/or non-American

AaronY
01-10-2018, 05:07 PM
"i think its hard to rationalize having a law and not punishing people for breaking that very law. "

Would deport you first if I was dictator..directly to Venezuela so you could experience Bernienomics and horseshit like your $52k minimum wage firsthand

spurraider21
01-10-2018, 05:09 PM
I'd get rid of any immigration attorney who advised me to break the law.
DACA was law

spurraider21
01-10-2018, 05:10 PM

whataboutism

hater
01-10-2018, 05:14 PM
We can affod 1 trillion to bomb foreign children but we cant afford to keep any immigrants :cry

Posted jan 5, 1938

boutons_deux
01-10-2018, 05:16 PM
whataboutism

NOT AT ALL G F Y

spurraider21
01-10-2018, 05:17 PM
NOT AT ALL G F Y
you lie

hater
01-10-2018, 05:20 PM
DACA is just a political ploy like the wall :lmao

Cant belive idiot toothless rednecks are falling for those :lmao

DACA ppl pay taxes and coosing them out would cost US about 300 billion dollars :lmao

Not gonna happen idiots

The wall, sure it will happen but it will just serve as a monument. Hopefully they make a wall with a walkway like the great wall so ppl in the futur can visit and see how ignorant rednecks were back when :lmao

AaronY
01-10-2018, 05:32 PM
Immigrants really are paying for social security and stuff like that tbh. millienials aren't even reproducing at a replacement level and personal savings are at an all-time low

Nearly 7 in 10 Americans Have Less Than $1,000 in Savings, New Study Shows

https://www.fool.com/retirement/2016/09/25/nearly-7-in-10-americans-have-less-than-1000-in-sa.aspx

Pretty retarded to get rid of the people who are going to pay for your retirement

Chucho
01-10-2018, 05:38 PM
Aaron with the next level shit. :lmao:toast

AaronY
01-10-2018, 05:44 PM
Aaron with the next level shit. :lmao:toast
Can't tell if you're making fun of me or not lol

My hatred of boutons comes from his total hatred of America and capitalism. Still better than any of the shitholes those people are coming from. Plus you can still have a pretty good life here if you work your ass off but a trust fund baby phaggot like boutons wouldn't know any of that shit. We need to reduce inequality and make life easier for the bottom 99% but this is still a great place to live

Chucho
01-10-2018, 05:47 PM
No, I'm not making fun of you. It's fucking hilarious, even if the hatred is real or not.

I'd deport his stupid ass and then extradite him back to deport him again.

AaronY
01-10-2018, 05:52 PM
No, I'm not making fun of you. It's fucking hilarious, even if the hatred is real or not.

I'd deport his stupid ass and then extradite him back to deport him again.
Oh, the hatred is real. I'd send him right to Venezuela where he can figure out what happens when people say you know "I noticed capitalism makes billions of dollars what if we got rid of the capitalism part and spread the billions of dollars around? What would happen next?"

https://i.imgur.com/zzt4tFp.png

Chucho
01-10-2018, 06:12 PM
Oh, the hatred is real. I'd send him right to Venezuela where he can figure out what happens when people say you know "I noticed capitalism makes billions of dollars what if we got rid of the capitalism part and spread the billions of dollars around? What would happen next?"

https://i.imgur.com/zzt4tFp.png

"But...but Venezuela doesn't use REAL socialism. You tell lies." :lmao

hater
01-10-2018, 06:58 PM
Im gonna go ahead and say an average DACA citizen works harder, contributes more to the economy and pays more taxes than the average toothless Trumptard tbqh

pgardn
01-10-2018, 07:04 PM
Im gonna go ahead and say an average DACA citizen works harder, contributes more to the economy and pays more taxes than the average toothless Trumptard tbqh

Im gonna agree.

But only if the Trumpeteer is toothless.

koriwhat
01-10-2018, 07:14 PM

boohoo feelings... go suck a dick you sissy boy.

pgardn
01-10-2018, 07:27 PM
boohoo feelings... go suck a dick you sissy boy.

Hater gonna get offers if he is indeed toothless.

hater
01-10-2018, 07:36 PM
boohoo feelings... go suck a dick you jew boy.

Posted February 14 1938

Blake
01-10-2018, 07:40 PM
The question is what's the rush to send her back

rmt
01-10-2018, 07:41 PM
DACA was law

Since you are a lawyer, isn't a (federal) law passed by Congress and signed by the President? Maybe I'm mistaken, and you would explain how DACA was law.

rmt
01-10-2018, 07:43 PM
And the law I meant was overstaying the visa.

spurraider21
01-10-2018, 07:48 PM
Since you are a lawyer, isn't a (federal) law passed by Congress and signed by the President? Maybe I'm mistaken, and you would explain how DACA was law.
"law" was probably a misnomer there. but it was the U.S.'s active immigration policy at the time.

And the law I meant was overstaying the visa.
right, and at that time, qualifying "dreamers" were given a protected status if they were undocumented. either way, we were pretty serious at that time, and that would have been an easier/cheaper stopgap solution before we ultimately got married

koriwhat
01-10-2018, 08:00 PM
Posted February 14 1938

yeah we get it... you're obsessed with nazi germany and that regime back then.

Spurtacular
01-10-2018, 08:05 PM
:cry There are murderers in Mexico, so illegal immigration should be overlooked. :cry

:lol

boutons_deux
01-10-2018, 08:22 PM
Hondurans’ Nerves Rattle As Trump Admin Ends Protections For Salvadorans

This week’s news that the Trump administration is ending Temporary Protected Status for 200,000 migrants from El Salvador is also rattling nerves in neighboring Honduras.

A decision on the fate of more than 50,000 Hondurans living in the United States under TPS is expected in July, and it could have severe social, economic and political consequences for the Central American nation.

Experts say that as in El Salvador, the return of tens of thousands of people — plus, potentially, an untold number of their U.S.-born children — threatens to exacerbate already-grave problems like high rates of murders and other crime, political instability, widespread poverty and income inequality.

“The exit of so many compatriots from the United States would be a social bomb that will immediately explode in Honduras,”

Experts say that as in El Salvador, the return of tens of thousands of people — plus, potentially, an untold number of their U.S.-born children — threatens to exacerbate already-grave problems like high rates of murders and other crime, political instability, widespread poverty and income inequality.

“The exit of so many compatriots from the United States would be a social bomb that will immediately explode in Honduras,”

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/hondurans-nervous-after-trump-admin-ends-salvadorans-protections?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+tpm-news+%28TPMNews%29

Chris
01-10-2018, 08:45 PM

Blake
01-10-2018, 11:05 PM

How is someone who committed murder being allowed out of jail

hater
01-11-2018, 12:02 AM
:lmao

RandomGuy
01-11-2018, 10:43 AM
Immigrants really are paying for social security and stuff like that tbh. millienials aren't even reproducing at a replacement level and personal savings are at an all-time low

Nearly 7 in 10 Americans Have Less Than $1,000 in Savings, New Study Shows

https://www.fool.com/retirement/2016/09/25/nearly-7-in-10-americans-have-less-than-1000-in-sa.aspx

Pretty retarded to get rid of the people who are going to pay for your retirement

Bingo. We need more immigration, not less. People are assets.

RandomGuy
01-11-2018, 10:53 AM
"But...but Venezuela doesn't use REAL socialism. You tell lies." :lmao

Too simplistic.

Veneuzla's socialism isn't the problem per se, as much as corruption in monopolies. When you don't have good checks and balances on presidents appointing allies to state monopolies regardless of merit, you will have a problem no matter where you are.

The same thing works in closely held monopolies that aren't state-owned.

Private corporations with little or no competition do the same thing, even in the U.S. If you think Time Warner isn't being run on a political basis with people being hired based on who they know or are related to, I suggest you apply.

Blake
01-11-2018, 11:10 AM

Said nobody in China government

Chris
01-11-2018, 12:45 PM

I'm sure Kate was thinking that when she died. "Man this guy is illegal, and I'm going to die, but at least he's an asset to our country."

RandomGuy
01-11-2018, 01:18 PM
[anecdote]

The plural of anecdote is not "data", Chris, no matter how much you want it to be.

koriwhat
01-11-2018, 01:41 PM
Hondurans’ Nerves Rattle As Trump Admin Ends Protections For Salvadorans

This week’s news that the Trump administration is ending Temporary Protected Status for 200,000 migrants from El Salvador is also rattling nerves in neighboring Honduras.

A decision on the fate of more than 50,000 Hondurans living in the United States under TPS is expected in July, and it could have severe social, economic and political consequences for the Central American nation.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/hondurans-nervous-after-trump-admin-ends-salvadorans-protections?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+tpm-news+%28TPMNews%29

Buh-bye!