PDA

View Full Version : Buying a locking mailbox

CosmicCowboy
01-10-2018, 03:36 PM
Not really politics related, but scumbag related. Had someone steal a new credit card out of our maibox before Christmas. They activated the card and went on a hell of a shopping spree. Just now got it all straightened out. You would think since its automatically a federal offense to steal mail you would think that would deter the dirtbags but the police are too busy to give a shit.

Blake
01-10-2018, 03:42 PM
Oh hey was wondering when the next cc look at me thread was coming

CosmicCowboy
01-10-2018, 03:44 PM
How is this a look at me thread? Quit being such a sensitive loser snowblake.

Stan
01-10-2018, 03:45 PM
Oh hey was wondering when the next cc look at me thread was coming
He just got a new credit card! You gotta let everyone know about that.

CosmicCowboy
01-10-2018, 03:47 PM
It had never occurred to me that someone would be stealing my mail considering its pretty much automatic jail time if caught.

Isitjustme?
01-10-2018, 03:52 PM
Not really politics related, but scumbag related. Had someone steal a new credit card out of our maibox before Christmas. They activated the card and went on a hell of a shopping spree. Just now got it all straightened out. You would think since its automatically a federal offense to steal mail you would think that would deter the dirtbags but the police are too busy to give a shit.

How does this work if you have a home? Like how does the mailman get in? Many things I order aren't just envelope sized

koriwhat
01-10-2018, 03:53 PM
It had never occurred to me that someone would be stealing my mail considering its pretty much automatic jail time if caught.

in my parents neighborhood they stake out the house... caught a few people now parked for hours here and there and then boom, that house gets robbed. my step father still uses checks, yeah i know, and he and my mother, when she used checks still, had both gotten boxes of checks stolen out of their mailbox.

thieves are scumbags and i wish our PD would be more serious about them. i fucking hate thieves almost as much as i hate pedophiles, rapists, and murderers. i love a good ending to a story about a thief getting shot to death and pleading for their life. fuck it son, your life just got stolen!

CosmicCowboy
01-10-2018, 03:59 PM
How does this work if you have a home? Like how does the mailman get in? Many things I order aren't just envelope sized
Its pretty big. Has a tray that folds out and then drops the stuff into a locking compartment below it. Check out locking mailbox on amazon

boutons_deux
01-10-2018, 04:01 PM
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B008HVH502/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

AaronY
01-10-2018, 04:02 PM
My father sells coins on eBay and he would leave them in the mailbox with the flag up for delivery till some phaggot stole his stuff. He lives in a nice deed restricted community in Florida too

SpursforSix
01-10-2018, 04:04 PM
Its pretty big. Has a tray that folds out and then drops the stuff into a locking compartment below it. Check out locking mailbox on amazon

That's just going to piss off the would-be thieves. Don't be surprised to find a pile of stool one day.

Trill Clinton
01-10-2018, 04:08 PM
will a mod please move this thread to the club.

clambake
01-10-2018, 04:09 PM

i had political ads stolen from my mailbox.

CosmicCowboy
01-10-2018, 04:12 PM

Suck a dick, loser.

Trill Clinton
01-10-2018, 04:16 PM
Suck a dick, loser.

lol just fucking with ya man. sorry your valuables were stolen.

Spurminator
01-10-2018, 04:22 PM
It blows my mind how easy this is to do, and how CC companies basically welcome it.

CosmicCowboy
01-10-2018, 04:33 PM
It blows my mind how easy this is to do, and how CC companies basically welcome it.
Exactly. Stick the card in the slot and thats it. Hell, I never sign the damn things...just a squiggly line and hit the green button. Clerks dont give a shit. Fraud alert didnt catch it until they got greedy and tried to get cash with the card.

CosmicCowboy
01-10-2018, 04:34 PM
Once we went through all the bullshit the cc conpany knocked two grand of charges off and didnt even blink.

Reck
01-10-2018, 04:36 PM
That's some ballsy move. Maybe whoever stole it knows he's gonna die soon and decided to live it up while he/she could.

Blake
01-10-2018, 05:58 PM
That's some ballsy move. Maybe whoever stole it knows he's gonna die soon and decided to live it up while he/she could.

I'm sure it had to be someone from spurs talk that knows CC's rich, knows his work schedule and when he takes vacations.

Easy pickings

Blake
01-10-2018, 05:59 PM

Next thing you know they'll be stealing amazon packages off the front porch

CosmicCowboy
01-10-2018, 06:11 PM
Next thing you know they'll be stealing amazon packages off the front porch

Those all come to the office. Plus stealing amazon packages isnt an automatic felony.

Chucho
01-10-2018, 06:15 PM
LOL, people triggered by "big timers". :lmao

CosmicCowboy
01-10-2018, 06:20 PM
LOL, people triggered by "big timers". :lmao
Even more pathetic is them thinking having a credit card is big timing.

pgardn
01-10-2018, 06:46 PM
CC?

Dont they have to activate it by calling from your home phone number?

CosmicCowboy
01-10-2018, 06:48 PM
Apparently not.

Reck
01-10-2018, 06:53 PM
CC?

Dont they have to activate it by calling from your home phone number?

This.

In my experience, you have to call from the phone you put down when you first applied for it.

pgardn
01-10-2018, 06:54 PM
Apparently not.

WTF?

I some times use different cards for air miles for work/vacation juxtaposition. Comes in handy. But every card I have ever had requires you call from a phone number you have given them? Every card I have ever had anyway? And when I have had a card get a false claim and close the account and get a new one, you MUST reactivate it using your phone?

Im Seriously confused on this one. The above seems like a very good way to prevent what happened to you.

DarrinS
01-10-2018, 06:55 PM
I hate getting sent credit cards. I put them through my shredder.

pgardn
01-10-2018, 06:56 PM
This.

In my experience, you have to call from the phone you put down when you first applied for it.

Yes.
It a very good preventative method. Unless someone got his address and phone number, that's an inside job. This is not a crook just randomly going through mail.

pgardn
01-10-2018, 06:58 PM

I never get sent them unless I apply.
I get forms to apply, and shred those.

Stan
01-10-2018, 07:20 PM
https://media.tenor.com/images/c9c287be483d60f452a15783b2f41e43/tenor.gif

CosmicCowboy
01-10-2018, 07:20 PM
Meh. We normally just use one cash back card but my wife was making a big purchase and could save $200 by opening a store/mastercard. We were going to cancel it as soon as I paid the bill but when the actual card came in the mail the dude/dudette stole it.

AaronY
01-10-2018, 07:33 PM
This isn't a big timer thread from CC at all.

But he does make them

Blake
01-10-2018, 07:38 PM
This isn't a big timer thread from CC at all.

But he does make them

Nobody said it was except for Iurko.

sickdsm
01-10-2018, 07:39 PM

Yes, we hate getting paid 2% cash back for every single purchase also......

spurraider21
01-10-2018, 07:53 PM
I never get sent them unless I apply.
I get forms to apply, and shred those.
yeah sometimes those forms have a fake display card that darrin may be mistaking for credit cards.

spurraider21
01-10-2018, 07:55 PM
Yes, we hate getting paid 2% cash back for every single purchase also......
:lol tbh... tho he was probably referring to getting CC apps in the mail when you already have cards getting you 2% back

also wells fargo cash wise card has a nifty promo where you get $200 cash back if you make $1000 of purchases in your first 3 months (and then 1.5% on everything after that)... which is a nice little 20% return. other than that i use citi double cash card which is just flat 2% on everything

RandomGuy
01-11-2018, 05:35 PM
Once we went through all the bullshit the cc conpany knocked two grand of charges off and didnt even blink.

They don't care. They are making enough money to write off this kind of stuff.

A lot of criminal gangs and so forth have started using stolen information bought from aggregators, often Russian mafya operations, to buy guns and stuff. Fascinating stuff.

spurraider21
01-11-2018, 05:37 PM
They don't care. They are making enough money to write off this kind of stuff.

A lot of criminal gangs and so forth have started using stolen information bought from aggregators, often Russian mafya operations, to buy guns and stuff. Fascinating stuff.
i get there's a cost of doing business, but there has to be a better way :lol