PDA

View Full Version : Injury Report for 1/11/18 at Los Angeles

crc21209
01-10-2018, 06:15 PM
Danny Green (tightness, left groin) is questionable and Tony Parker (sprained right ankle) is doubtful for tomorrow’s Spurs-Lakers game. Rudy Gay (right heel bursitis) and Kawhi Leonard (left shoulder strain) are out.

Might as well just say all of those guys are out....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nba.com/amp/spurs/spurs-injury-report-1/11/18-los-angeles

SAGirl
01-10-2018, 06:33 PM
Thanks for posting.

This is exactly what I refer to when I say worrying about fully healthy lineups and how that will affect Davis (or anyone else currently for that matter) is kinda hypothetical.

Sad state for the Spurs to be in this predicament with this many injured guys. One would rather be worried about how Pop is going to really play the guys when everyone is healthy than just be wishing the team suffers no more injuries bc they are already stretched thin.

spursistan
01-10-2018, 06:39 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DTNMb56VwAAmHQs.jpg

Most useless local sport reporters in the entire business..Fuckin' literally throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks with regards team news just like your random online forum poster..

spurs10
01-10-2018, 06:39 PM
My biggest concern is wearing LMA down to where he’s out of juice for the playoffs. He has shouldered a lot this season.

TD 21
01-10-2018, 06:45 PM
My biggest concern is wearing LMA down to where he’s out of juice for the playoffs. He has shouldered a lot this season.

Yeah.

If they go 10 deep, will be interesting to see whether Costello gets spot minutes again over Lauvergne. Let's face it, the fact that they played the former was more than likely primarily about avoiding playing the latter at all costs, which leads me to believe they're at least exploring their options when it comes to third center.

spursistan
01-10-2018, 06:47 PM
Judging by his injury history, IF Kawhi couldn't go after 6 days of rest from this supposed mild shoulder issue that means this nigga is going to be out for a while again..

spurs10
01-10-2018, 07:06 PM
Judging by his injury history, IF Kawhi couldn't go after 6 days of rest from this supposed mild shoulder issue that means this nigga is going to be out for a while again.. Well it is concerning.

Dex
01-10-2018, 07:09 PM
Might as well accept it...this season is going to be fucked by injuries.

The only hope is that the Spurs can hold out for the 3-spot and have everybody healthy for the playoffs...but even that looks like a long shot at this point.

Then again, the Spurs stayed relatively healthy all of last season...then Tony and Kawhi went down in the playoffs and that was all she wrote. We can only hope for a reversal of fortune.

spurs10
01-10-2018, 07:24 PM
Might as well accept it...this season is going to be fucked by injuries.

The only hope is that the Spurs can hold out for the 3-spot and have everybody healthy for the playoffs...but even that looks like a long shot at this point.

Then again, the Spurs stayed relatively healthy all of last season...then Tony and Kawhi went down in the playoffs and that was all she wrote. We can only hope for a reversal of fortune. Yep! :toast

crc21209
01-10-2018, 07:49 PM
I just want everyone to be healthy and rotations/roles established in March/April that way the guys have at least a month to figure out who is playing, how much they are going to play, and most importantly...for chemistry with each other. The thing that scares me the most is our big situation. After Aldridge and Gasol, it gets really dicey. I love Bertans for his ability to score, but he's not really a defender or rebounder. Lauvergne isnt anything special, he showed promise maybe the 1st 2 weeks of the season and then got hurt and hasnt been the same since. He makes me miss David Lee:lol

phxspurfan
01-10-2018, 07:56 PM
the Spurs stayed relatively healthy all of last season...then Tony and Kawhi went down in the playoffs and that was all she wrote. We can only hope for a reversal of fortune.

True. We've seen seasons where they've been dreadful against the good teams all year and just turn it on come playoff time. But that was with TD/Manu/Tony/Kawhi all fairly healthy come playoff time. And years younger. And not against the Warriors.

gambit1990
01-10-2018, 08:58 PM
get well soon danny, rudy, and kawhi.

gospursgojas
01-10-2018, 09:20 PM
That injury management worked out great

spursistan
01-10-2018, 09:27 PM
Well it is concerning.
Not only is he injury-prone; Kawhi is annoyingly one of the slowest healers in the entire league..Dude got that torch from Splitter or something. He's going take double the time that takes other players to recover from similar ailment-- and then some more taking-it-easy.

Manu got a surgeon knife slipped entered into his testicles and he was back taking charges a month later. Fully expect Leonard to be out for multiple weeks for this "partial" shoulder tear....

spurs10
01-10-2018, 09:42 PM
Not only is he injury-prone; Kawhi is annoyingly one of the slowest healers in the entire league..Dude got that torch from Splitter or something. He's going take double the time that takes other players to recover from similar ailment-- and then some more taking-it-easy.

Manu got a surgeon knife slipped entered into his testicles and he was back taking charges a month later. Fully expect Leonard to be out for multiple weeks for this "partial" shoulder tear.... I hope he’s back ‘sooner than later’ as Pop said, but I’d be lying if I said I’d put money on it.

tholdren
01-10-2018, 10:42 PM
That injury management worked out great

What injury management? Oh, you mean that stupid rest theory... when you play to not get hurt, you get hurt. Just like when you play not to lose you lose.

Time as a pro athlete is not infinite. Play your best players.

BillMc
01-10-2018, 11:07 PM
This season summed up in two words? "Injury management".

Ice009
01-10-2018, 11:10 PM
I freaking knew he wouldn't play. I don't care about talking shit about Kawhi at this point. He's fucking soft.

daslicer
01-10-2018, 11:28 PM
The injuries have made this season boring.

Proxy
01-11-2018, 04:46 PM
lots of :cry

hater
01-11-2018, 04:54 PM
DNP - Cant even wipe his own ass

spurraider21
01-11-2018, 05:06 PM
:lol

TimDunkem
01-11-2018, 05:07 PM

He literally can't now with that bum shoulder.

:lmao Kah-OW averaging less games a season than Anthony Davis.

phxspurfan
01-11-2018, 05:26 PM
Didn't Patty Mills win a ring for us (hitting 3 after 3) with a complete torn labrum? Wtf

tholdren
01-11-2018, 07:09 PM
Didn't Patty Mills win a ring for us (hitting 3 after 3) with a complete torn labrum? Wtf

Todays nba athlete....

spursistan
01-11-2018, 07:40 PM
I freaking knew he wouldn't play. I don't care about talking shit about Kawhi at this point. He's fucking soft.
:wow

Won't go there yet, but it is safe that we won't ever see this guy average 32 pts/12 rebs in 41 MPG in a playoffs series while playing with plantar fasciitis in his feet like Tim did in that Mavericks series..I mean he couldn't even play the last few minutes of G5 vs Rockets while the adrenaline was on....:rolleyes

spursistan
01-11-2018, 07:47 PM

And Manu played with a stress fracture in his right leg the very same Championship run..All evidence is pointing to Kawhi inability to play through injury like them and be effective. I'll give him some slack though because we are in January..

daslicer
01-11-2018, 07:51 PM
I wonder if we will ever get to see Kawhi play back to back games this year.

YGWHI
01-11-2018, 08:04 PM

He talked about his injury this week. It seemed that he regrets playing injured in 2014.

I guess he feels that aggravating his shoulder injury affected him as player and shooter now.

“From my experience it’s one of those things that if I would have known beforehand the type of severity that it was going to cause me, I (would have allowed it to heal properly),” Mills said. “(The best thing) is to rest and let it heal the right way, definitely don’t rush back because it gets worse and worse over time."

“It is a bummer, but that’s how you’ve got to deal with it otherwise it turns into a longer period (out).”

https://www.expressnews.com/spurs-nation/article/Mm-Leonard-s-health-Spurs-top-concern-at-12483142.php

dbreiden83080
01-11-2018, 08:45 PM
Spurs obviously think Leonard will be okay.. Still hoping he can get it going this year. There is still plenty of time..

dbreiden83080
01-11-2018, 08:49 PM
:wow

Won't go there yet, but it is safe that we won't ever see this guy average 32 pts/12 rebs in 41 MPG in a playoffs series while playing with plantar fasciitis in his feet like Tim did in that Mavericks series..I mean he couldn't even play the last few minutes of G5 vs Rockets while the adrenaline was on....:rolleyes

But how much of it is Pop and his management of minutes and injuries? This is something Pop was not obsessed with in Tim's prime. He became more and more obsessed with it as Tim and the Big 3 got older. When Timmy was 26 he was playing 40 MPG, KL only played 33 last year.. I am not about to put this all on KL, when Pop is so careful about minutes and even minor injuries..

phxspurfan
01-11-2018, 08:55 PM
He talked about his injury this week. It seemed that he regrets playing injured in 2014.

I guess he feels that aggravating his shoulder injury affected him as player and shooter now.

“From my experience it’s one of those things that if I would have known beforehand the type of severity that it was going to cause me, I (would have allowed it to heal properly),” Mills said. “(The best thing) is to rest and let it heal the right way, definitely don’t rush back because it gets worse and worse over time."

“It is a bummer, but that’s how you’ve got to deal with it otherwise it turns into a longer period (out).”

https://www.expressnews.com/spurs-nation/article/Mm-Leonard-s-health-Spurs-top-concern-at-12483142.php

BS. He would do it all over again to get that ring. After his career is over he will definitely say it was worth it to get that ring. At this point he would be rich either way

phxspurfan
01-11-2018, 08:56 PM
But how much of it is Pop and his management of minutes and injuries? This is something Pop was not obsessed with in Tim's prime. He became more and more obsessed with it as Tim and the Big 3 got older. When Timmy was 26 he was playing 40 MPG, KL only played 33 last year.. I am not about to put this all on KL, when Pop is so careful about minutes and even minor injuries..

To be fair, Kawhi has had a littany of minor injuries, as well as this quad issue since 2014. So perhaps he needed some babying and really has been a China doll