PDA

View Full Version : Christian Huckster tricks morons into giving him money

RandomGuy
01-11-2018, 07:42 PM
The losers, of course, are the schools in one of the nations worst performing, poorest states.

If you haven't guessed which huckster I am talking about, because there are so many out there, you should be wondering why that is.

My Beef with Ken Ham
Posted on March 22, 2016 by ashleybobst

We will start here… Data by the U.S. Census Bureau revealed that more than one in every four Kentucky children live in poverty. The American Community Survey 1-year 2014 estimate showed 26.2 percent of Kentucky children lived in poverty, which was not a significant change from the 2013 estimate. However, the percent of Kentucky children living in poverty remains higher than when the recession began in 2008 (23.5 percent). According to Dr. Terry Brooks, executive director of Kentucky Youth Advocates, “There are three ways in which we can respond to this kind of data. The first response is to simply accept it. But we at Kentucky Youth Advocates reject any attitude that suggests poverty is just a fact of life in Kentucky. A second response would be to promote well-intended solutions that currently lack political viability, making it difficult to make progress.”

According to the 2010 U.S. Census, the Appalachian county has the lowest median household income in the states – a staggering 41.5 per cent of residents falling below the poverty line.

The U.S. Census Bureau considers low income roughly $45,000 a year for a family of four. In Owsley, the median household income is $19,351 – the lowest in the country outside of Puerto Rico.

Ham said the first phase of the project required $91.5 million before opening for business. To date, around $24 million has been raised in donations, an undisclosed amount has been made off of selling lifetime admission packages called “Boarding Passes,” and there’s $62 million in bond offerings. (Whether he had sold all those bonds wasn’t clear from his remarks.)

Even better… the city of Williamstown, Kentucky has issued a $62 million dollar bond. According to Section VIII of the Memorandum of Agreement, in addition to the $62 million, the city and county agreed to, other incentives (courtesy of local taxpayers):$175,000 would be given to Ark Encounter to reimburse the amount they felt the property was overvalued.$19,000 would go to Ark Encounter’s real estate agent, representing 2% of the total purchase price of the land.98 acres of Grant County land would be sold to Ark Encounter for $1 (yes, one dollar).

These are perfect examples of public funding, regardless of Ken Ham saying again and again that, “No money will be taken out of the state’s budget to fund the Ark.”Ark Encounter, LLC is a for-profit controlled by a non-profit. (Read More)
Hopefully after reading this, you can see how this is a slap in the face to these people living below the poverty level, having this big hunk of junk funded and built by the same state that leaves them poor.

http://skepticalmama.com/my-beef-with-ken-ham/

But they got the bible, and lots of shitty dioramas.

Blake
01-11-2018, 09:32 PM
Yeah I'm gonna just drop this here for fun. .

You act like Kentucky is a 3rd world country. Kentucky is one of the nicest states in the US. If you've ever driven through it and weren't posting on ST during the time, you'd have seen just how wealthy it is.

Blake
01-11-2018, 09:36 PM
There's been ongoing tax status crap with that crazy fucker Ken Ham and the Ark Park.

I'll get around to reading this at some point:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/peterjreilly/2017/07/25/ark-encounter-local-tax-scandal-not-very-scandalous/

DMC
01-11-2018, 10:43 PM
I'm just going to drop this here:

Rent Free

Blake
01-11-2018, 10:44 PM
I'm just going to drop this here:

Rent Free

Nah, you paid