PDA

View Full Version : Pop on Kawhi shoulder injury: "When he's back, he's back."

spursistan
01-11-2018, 10:03 PM

The new "sooner rather than later" :lmao..

This shit is getting comical..

Robz4000
01-11-2018, 10:06 PM
He hasn't been able to wipe his ass since May...

phxspurfan
01-11-2018, 10:21 PM
He will injured in shootaround :lol

so glad I returned his jersey and bought a Manu Argentina jersey instead.

Besides Duncan/Robinson/Bowen/P/G I'm really hesitant to buy a jersey. The rest don't seem to deserve it

spursistan
01-11-2018, 10:22 PM
Ice009 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=1302) mentioned it in the other thread, though using the S word; at this point, it can't be ruled out that Kawhi may be the one ruling himself out, tbh. His pain tolerance threshold could be way lower than we thought..

TheGreatYacht
01-11-2018, 10:30 PM
Also said Lavar Ball "hadn't gotten over himself" pregame :lol

daslicer
01-11-2018, 10:37 PM
In other words Kawhi will be back in April.

BG_Spurs_Fan
01-11-2018, 10:39 PM
He seems as frustrated as anyone here.

bic50
01-11-2018, 11:03 PM
Ice009 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=1302) mentioned it in the other thread, though using the S word; at this point, it can't be ruled out that Kawhi may be the one ruling himself out, tbh. His pain tolerance threshold could be way lower than we thought..
Using the word "soft "now is stupid. Overreaction by people who want to see Kawhi play injured just for the hell of it.

Slippy
01-11-2018, 11:07 PM

Its come up a couple of times during spurs braodcasts just cant remember when. They leave it upto Kawai to have final say on gametime decisions. "How hes feeling". My first thought was kawai must have a low pain threshold, second thought its gotta be pop.

TE
01-11-2018, 11:08 PM
Get the fuck over yourself.

coachmac87
01-11-2018, 11:15 PM
Spurs have about another month to do what they’re doing...

Shit gets real after ASB and after Rodeo..if we’re dtill dealing with these issues I’d be worried..

It’s funny how ST or fans have changed their tune. We woukd all agree in the past saying the RS didn’t matter and it’s all about being healthy and how it’s a marathon and not a sprint..but now all of a sudden we need justification before the All Star break if this team is worth a shit...

It’s crazy what an opposing team with 4 All-NBA players will do to the psyche of fans..

Like it wouldn’t even matter if Spurs had 2nd best record in the league cause ST would call it “Fools Gold”

tholdren
01-11-2018, 11:22 PM
Spurs have about another month to do what they’re doing...

Shit gets real after ASB and after Rodeo..if we’re dtill dealing with these issues I’d be worried..

It’s funny how ST or fans have changed their tune. We woukd all agree in the past saying the RS didn’t matter and it’s all about being healthy and how it’s a marathon and not a sprint..but now all of a sudden we need justification before the All Star break if this team is worth a shit...

It’s crazy what an opposing team with 4 All-NBA players will do to the psyche of fans..

Like it wouldn’t even matter if Spurs had 2nd best record in the league cause ST would call it “Fools Gold”

Regular season doesnt matter wins losses, but sure does for chemistry.

coachmac87
01-11-2018, 11:27 PM

It’s about peaking at the right time..

Yes if injuries are still an issue around ASB/Rodeo I said it’d be time to worry..

But what would you rather have going on? Injuries and losses?? Or being healthy and getting blown out by 30?

I’d rather be in Spurs shoes instead of Cleveland tbh.. yeah Cavs have better chance of making Finals but it’s irrelevant if the goal is beating GSW.

Keepin' it real
01-11-2018, 11:30 PM
Using the word "soft "now is stupid. Overreaction by people who want to see Kawhi play injured just for the hell of it.

Yeah, it's not like anyone pays money for tickets or for NBA League Pass. It's not like paying customers want to get their money's worth or anything.

UZER
01-11-2018, 11:31 PM
Pop only has himself to blame for creating this soft regular season mentality. It's only a matter of time before it's start seeping into your players heads.

coachmac87
01-11-2018, 11:34 PM
Pop only has himself to blame for creating this soft regular season mentality. It's only a matter of time before it's start seeping into your players heads.

But does it matter? Not every coach has 4 All NBA players and cab rely on pure talent alone and sustain injuries..

spurs1990
01-11-2018, 11:41 PM
Maybe Leonard can take a visit to Lebrun James pharmacist. James hardly ever misses time to injury and has played every game this season for Cleveland

UZER
01-11-2018, 11:44 PM
But does it matter? Not every coach has 4 All NBA players and cab rely on pure talent alone and sustain injuries..

Grab your lunch pail and go to work. Stop babying players. I don't like the rest strategy, but I understand it is never going to go away as long as Pop is here. But stop over doing it and micro-managing every damn aspect. Give get the old old guys the occasional night off, that's it.

bic50
01-11-2018, 11:45 PM
Yeah, it's not like anyone pays money for tickets or for NBA League Pass. It's not like paying customers want to get their money's worth or anything.
We already know pop doesn't care about any of that. He's already been criticized for resting players in some highly anticipated regular season games. I wouldn't be surprised if his mindset right now is that the team is still 3rd in the west mostly without him so no reason to play him injured. If they were .500 team right now then things might be different

bic50
01-11-2018, 11:47 PM
Grab your lunch pail and go to work. Stop babying players. I don't like the rest strategy, but I understand it is never going to go away as long as Pop is here. But stop over doing it and micro-managing every damn aspect. Give get the old old guys the occasional night off, that's it.
Pop has already cemented his legacy as an all time great coach. I just don't think he has the fire anymore

UZER
01-11-2018, 11:53 PM
Pop has already cemented his legacy as an all time great coach. I just don't think he has the fire anymore

The same thing I have said 100 times.

UZER
01-11-2018, 11:58 PM
We already know pop doesn't care about any of that. He's already been criticized for resting players in some highly anticipated regular season games. I wouldn't be surprised if his mindset right now is that the team is still 3rd in the west mostly without him so no reason to play him injured. If they were .500 team right now then things might be different

The Spurs as a franchise can't afford for fans and local sponsors to lose interest all regular season just because Pop wants to be cute with resting year after year. It's going to catch up to them financially.

SuperCam
01-12-2018, 12:05 AM

this tbqh

Wilt averaged 48.5 minutes a game in one of his seasons and never complained. Poop is creating millenial pussies on this team

tholdren
01-12-2018, 12:08 AM
It’s about peaking at the right time..

Yes if injuries are still an issue around ASB/Rodeo I said it’d be time to worry..

But what would you rather have going on? Injuries and losses?? Or being healthy and getting blown out by 30?

I’d rather be in Spurs shoes instead of Cleveland tbh.. yeah Cavs have better chance of making Finals but it’s irrelevant if the goal is beating GSW.

My point is, i dont want a totally new starting lineup in the playoffs

Slippy
01-12-2018, 12:14 AM
The Spurs as a franchise can't afford for fans and local sponsors to lose interest all regular season just because Pop wants to be cute with resting year after year. It's going to catch up to them financially.
This is the crux of the mattetr. When the owner goes to the president we stil got a business to run. Fans are paying good money. Right now though, it seems ownership backs pop 100percent

SpurPadre
01-12-2018, 12:24 AM
Mr. Glass, tbh. Motherfucker breaks an ankle just for snubbing someone's daughter, tbh.

bic50
01-12-2018, 12:40 AM
Mr. Glass, tbh. Motherfucker breaks an ankle just for snubbing someone's daughter, tbh.
This beating from the lakers is bringing the worst outof some you people. :lol

Atl Spur
01-12-2018, 12:58 AM
Relax...... Uzer....... calm down sir.

Fireball
01-12-2018, 01:49 AM
Pop is getting annoyed by Kawhis injuries as well ...

UZER
01-12-2018, 01:51 AM
Pop is getting annoyed by Kawhis injuries as well ...

Pop created the "babying players" system.

SAGirl
01-12-2018, 01:59 AM

The new "sooner rather than later" :lmao..

This shit is getting comical..
I told you. I was super upset they had really given no real timeline and told the press it was no big deal, he might play next game... he might play against Sacramento or the Lakers he’s traveling with the team Etc. Bullshit

Arcadian
01-12-2018, 02:18 AM
:lol

cd98
01-12-2018, 08:50 AM
Remember how Kobe won 5 titles while playing through every conceivable injury? Sure he broke down before he was 40, but would you rather have Kawhi with 5 titles or have him playing at 40 with one?

NameLess Scrub
01-12-2018, 09:40 AM
Pop created the "babying players" system.

Do you honestly think Kawhi is injured just because of resting? It just doesn't seem to me that's the case. He's just injury prone at this point. This season, besides Manu, seems to be more about injuries than resting.

tholdren
01-12-2018, 10:29 AM
Do you honestly think Kawhi is injured just because of resting? It just doesn't seem to me that's the case. He's just injury prone at this point. This season, besides Manu, seems to be more about injuries than resting.

Which is the irony. Pop is a known serial rester. Yet with all the dnp rests in current and previous years, the spurs have many odd injuries.

1. Terrible conditioning program.
2. Rest doesnt do anything

Carry on

Dex
01-12-2018, 10:46 AM
He seems as frustrated as anyone here.

No, Pop is purposefully leaving Kawhi on the bench so that he can stroke his ego and prove his brilliance by playing glorified GLeaguers.

Ice009
01-12-2018, 11:02 AM
The NBA season is a marathon, right? So why does Pop let his players run like 2km/s then rest them? How the fuck does he expect them to turn it on in the playoffs if they're not conditioned for it?

Someone needs to explain how conditioning works to him. Someone also needs to explain that in 2016 against OKC, you didn't need to limit Kawhi's minutes if you expected to win the series. A lot of their runs were when that idiot Pop was limiting minutes of key players in a darn playoff series. What the fuck did you rest them for in the regular season if they couldn't play bigger minutes in the playoffs.

SpursforSix
01-12-2018, 11:20 AM
The NBA season is a marathon, right? So why does Pop let his players run like 2km/s then rest them? How the fuck does he expect them to turn it on in the playoffs if they're not conditioned for it?

Someone needs to explain how conditioning works to him. Someone also needs to explain that in 2016 against OKC, you didn't need to limit Kawhi's minutes if you expected to win the series. A lot of their runs were when that idiot Pop was limiting minutes of key players in a darn playoff series. What the fuck did you rest them for in the regular season if they couldn't play bigger minutes in the playoffs.

:pop: how many championship rings do you have?

UZER
01-12-2018, 12:59 PM

I'm saying he babies his players therefore shouldn't be frustrated when some are slow to come back.

It's like having a parent who's frustrated with their spoiled ass kid. Is the frustration real, of course. But you're the parent. You raised them.

BatManu20
01-12-2018, 01:00 PM

NameLess Scrub
01-12-2018, 01:11 PM
Which is the irony. Pop is a known serial rester. Yet with all the dnp rests in current and previous years, the spurs have many odd injuries.

1. Terrible conditioning program.
2. Rest doesnt do anything

Carry on

It's hard to me to agree that just because there are injuries, resting is this retarded, idiotic practice.

It might affect conditioning negatively, but it might as well be that resting is not a guarantee of health, it's just an attempt to help prevent injuries related to lack of resting (not all injuries), and prolong the careers of the players, specially old ones.

I agree conditioning is very important and they need to account for it when thinking about resting.
But for me Kawhi is injury prone, rest or not.

NameLess Scrub
01-12-2018, 01:15 PM
I'm saying he babies his players therefore shouldn't be frustrated when some are slow to come back.

It's like having a parent who's frustrated with their spoiled ass kid. Is the frustration real, of course. But you're the parent. You raised them.

So basically, Kawhi is slow coming back because Pop rests him too much?

Is an interesting thought to explore. Also Kawhi being such a workhorse to improve his game, you'd think he would have the same drive to come back from injures, rest or not from Pop.

TheGreatYacht
01-12-2018, 01:26 PM
No, Pop is purposefully leaving Kawhi on the bench so that he can stroke his ego and prove his brilliance by playing glorified GLeaguers.
Agreed. Fire that faggot

UZER
01-12-2018, 01:40 PM
So basically, Kawhi is slow coming back because Pop rests him too much?

Is an interesting thought to explore. Also Kawhi being such a workhorse to improve his game, you'd think he would have the same drive to come back from injures, rest or not from Pop.

So what's the deal then? Pop is "frustrated". Kawhi says he's fine. Somethings not jivin'.

Not arguing, just conversation.

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-12-2018, 01:42 PM
Pop needs to quit fvcking around and start the season already. Enough of this BS we're seeing on the floor every night.

I'm still waiting to see Kawhi, LMA, Green, Gay and Manu/Tony/Anyone out there busting teams up.

NameLess Scrub
01-12-2018, 01:52 PM
So what's the deal then? Pop is "frustrated". Kawhi says he's fine. Somethings not jivin'.

Not arguing, just conversation.

Yeah I agree. We've been on this since the beginning of the season when they weren't giving much details on Kawhi's injury, that seemed out of nowhere.

I have no idea if Pop is frustrated. If he wasn't sarcastic and a smartass all the time, maybe his comments about Kawhi would be telling us something :lol

UZER
01-12-2018, 02:09 PM
Yeah I agree. We've been on this since the beginning of the season when they weren't giving much details on Kawhi's injury, that seemed out of nowhere.

I have no idea if Pop is frustrated. If he wasn't sarcastic and a smartass all the time, maybe his comments about Kawhi would be telling us something :lol

I'm just frustrated with the whole rest thing already. Pop has taken it too far. I'm also frustrated with the whole, you're just coming back from injury so take every other game off. If your back, then your back. If you're not ready, don't play.

But no one gives a shit about my frustration. :lol

It's just getting old. Just play the damn game. Just my 2cents.

NameLess Scrub
01-12-2018, 02:18 PM
I'm just frustrated with the whole rest thing already. Pop has taken it too far. I'm also frustrated with the whole, you're just coming back from injury so take every other game off. If your back, then your back. If you're not ready, don't play.

:lol:lol

Ice009
01-12-2018, 02:55 PM

That's how I've felt for years, actually, I've been a lot madder than you appear to be about it.

You've got posters here saying he hasn't done it as much this season compared to previous seasons. I disagree. I feel he's starting to go off the deep end with it.

duncan2k5
01-13-2018, 05:36 PM
Remember how Kobe won 5 titles while playing through every conceivable injury? Sure he broke down before he was 40, but would you rather have Kawhi with 5 titles or have him playing at 40 with one?

nah bro...kobe exaggerated how injured he was just to create drama and mold a hero complex...when he was actually injured, he stayed out....

duncan2k5
01-13-2018, 05:37 PM
im pretty sure if it were up to Kawhi, he would have been back since november playing normal rotation minutes...pop is babying him and kawhi is too nice to call him ut on it...but best believe the competitor in him has his bags packed

BatManu20
01-13-2018, 07:03 PM
He's back.

Seventyniner
01-13-2018, 07:11 PM

Pop has been doing this for years. If it was going to "catch up with them" it would have happened long ago.

Stabula
01-13-2018, 07:27 PM
If you think that resting players in an inflated 82 game season is stopping professional athletes from being properly conditioned (doing their job) in the playoffs you're a fucking idiot. Absolute fucking idiot.

ducks
01-13-2018, 07:30 PM
Jeff McDonald
Jeff McDonald
@JMcDonald_SAEN
Pop says Kawhi Leonard, Tony Parker and Danny Green are expected to play tonight against Denver, unless something goes awry with warm-ups.
4:49 PM · Jan 13, 2018

SAGirl
01-13-2018, 07:31 PM
good news

tholdren
01-13-2018, 08:15 PM
It's hard to me to agree that just because there are injuries, resting is this retarded, idiotic practice.

It might affect conditioning negatively, but it might as well be that resting is not a guarantee of health, it's just an attempt to help prevent injuries related to lack of resting (not all injuries), and prolong the careers of the players, specially old ones.

I agree conditioning is very important and they need to account for it when thinking about resting.
But for me Kawhi is injury prone, rest or not.

Rest is pop trying to limit the low odds of injury.

bklynspursfan
01-13-2018, 08:16 PM
People worried about this for nothing, the initial diagnosis was a good one. This wasn't like his quad, a shoulder strain (especially a lower grade) is pretty common, and the recovery time is not very long for it. Pop said he didn't think he'd be out long and the team said it wasn't serious, that was all good news.

tholdren
01-13-2018, 08:16 PM
If you think that resting players in an inflated 82 game season is stopping professional athletes from being properly conditioned (doing their job) in the playoffs you're a fucking idiot. Absolute fucking idiot.

No

duncan2k5
01-14-2018, 01:50 AM

you clearly havent played sports...repetition is everything to athletes...why do you think the first week of NBA games teams look out of sorts? by your statement, you dont believe chemistry exists...question...if the warriors dont play the entire season and was just placed into the playoffs after never playing...and they play us, who have been playing all of our players for most of the season (in a world where we werent injured and pop wasnt babying players)...who do you think wins?

Stabula
01-14-2018, 05:52 AM
No one who isn't injured is being rested to the point to where they're not able to build chemistry with the team. Saying that resting players isn't causing more injuries and not an issue is very different from saying chemistry doesn't exist. That's a large and inaccurate leap.

Ice009
01-14-2018, 08:46 AM

So Michael Jordan's trainer is an idiot? Michael Jordan was one of the most well conditioned athletes of all time.

bklynspursfan
01-14-2018, 09:24 AM

Word

james evans
01-14-2018, 12:47 PM
playign 82 games back in the day was a regular occurrence. Nowadays it's rare to even see it. players would play 82 and 80 games for years and years. Westbrooke didn't miss a game until Patrick Beverley put him out. I was in the military. We had PT early in the morning 4 times a week. The only day we didn't have pt we had training. The only other time we didn't have it was if it was a day before a PT test. I wish we had 1sgs like Popovich giving us rest. Especially when the weather was 30 degrees and we'd still be out running miles.

james evans
01-14-2018, 12:54 PM
this tbqh

Wilt averaged 48.5 minutes a game in one of his seasons and never complained. Poop is creating millenial pussies on this team
People don't realize that a 48 minute nba game isn't 48 straight minutes of playing. . You have timeouts for both teams(I'm glad the league cut those down), tv time outs, freethrows(which takes about a minute to a minute and a half per player in each set), injuries, and half time. So a 48 minute game lasts 2 and a half hours on average. I just never understood how players got tired especially when they aren't running an offense like the Nuggets in the early 2000s or LMU in the late 80s. Those are guys that needed rest. especially with the way they practiced.

hater
01-14-2018, 01:20 PM
:lmao wilt would walk the length of the court tbqh

Todays game is fast paces thus players get tired

:lol at the couch potatoes here complaining about players getting tired

Fat slobs would barely make it past half a court :lol

SuperCam
01-14-2018, 03:35 PM
:lmao wilt would walk the length of the court tbqh

Todays game is fast paces thus players get tired

:lol at the couch potatoes here complaining about players getting tired

Fat slobs would barely make it past half a court :lol

what? nba pace was much faster in wilt's day

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_stats.html

Wilt would play the entire game, then have some menthols and cognac each night afterwards while fucking random white women. none of this 28 minute no back to back bullshit with faggy vegan diets like the millenial pussies today :lol

BackHome
01-14-2018, 04:12 PM

AND DRAFT PICK - We ain’t wining shit this year so I am OK playing it safe and sit Kawhi and rest everyone else as much as possible

BSfromTX
01-14-2018, 08:16 PM
Typical smart ass answer from Pop

Ice009
01-14-2018, 09:49 PM
I'm pretty sure Wilt averaged just over 48 minutes per game one season. NBA teams also inquired about him playing in his mid and late 40s. He still could have played limited minutes if he wanted to come back.

TheDoctor
01-14-2018, 09:51 PM
what? nba pace was much faster in wilt's day

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_stats.html

Wilt would play the entire game, then have some menthols and cognac each night afterwards while fucking random white women. none of this 28 minute no back to back bullshit with faggy vegan diets like the millenial pussies today :lol
:lmao