PDA

View Full Version : Something is Shady.....

SequSpur
01-12-2018, 07:21 PM
How in the hell did we end up with a guard crew of Mills/Parker/Murray/White/Forbes? I mean what the fuck man... First of all Mills is a quick shooter but could never run the offense or guard the elite pgs. Parker has been dead for about 3 years now? Dude has more 2 point games than anyone in the history of the NBA? Why is that award going unrecognized? Murray is really fun to watch but he is a mess. He can't shoot, he is awkward as fuck and runs around like he is playing street ball. Who the fuck is white? Waive him, please... I love my boy Forbes though, damn he can straight up score from anywhere but he can't handle the rock either....

What is Pop and RC drinking? This has to be the most fucked up 5 guards in the entire NBA. Over 30 million dollars a year spent on this group. The Spurs ownership has no balls.

1 and done.

spurraider21
01-12-2018, 07:26 PM
yeah we've been over this. re-signing mills never made sense because they were already grooming forbes for essentially the same role. and then they drafted white.

Arcadian
01-12-2018, 07:36 PM
:lol All them guards, but only two centers! What a conundrum.

Bill_Brasky
01-12-2018, 07:57 PM
White > Murray and Forbes

UZER
01-12-2018, 08:00 PM
White > Murray and Forbes

Doesn't matter. He rides the bench for 2 more years.

:pop:

hater
01-12-2018, 08:04 PM
We dont have wings or bigmen btw

Sure Lamarsha is a legit good big but thats it

Gasoft is an old dinosaur and do we even have any other big? No

And wings? We have an old dirtty guatemala bastard that can barely hreathe and thats about it

SAGirl
01-12-2018, 08:23 PM
some are way too young and new to be lumped with others in that crew...
Tony's body is falling apart and Pop knew it.
Mills stands out as an overpaid hamburger?

gospursgojas
01-12-2018, 08:27 PM
Define shady

sasaint
01-12-2018, 08:29 PM
PG by committee is a no-go. Was PATFO thinking that they could substitute quantity for quality? They have to figure out a way to de-clutter the menagerie and find a quality, starting PG with strong leadership capability. Likely need to make a deal to ship out a favorite son, a la George Hill, to get it done.

Spurtacular
01-12-2018, 08:57 PM
I guess Danny Green isn't a guard.

phxspurfan
01-12-2018, 09:00 PM
PG by committee is a no-go. Was PATFO thinking that they could substitute quantity for quality? They have to figure out a way to de-clutter the menagerie and find a quality, starting PG with strong leadership capability. Likely need to make a deal to ship out a favorite son, a la George Hill, to get it done.

Hill had value. The only ones with value left are Kawhi and LMA. Murray doesn't even have value anymore now that he's gotten minutes and not claimed the starting job (or even the backup job)

tholdren
01-12-2018, 09:08 PM
Spurs thought they had scoring pgs in murray and mills. Murray too stupid. And mills lacks talent to run pnr. Typical nba sacrificing talent for threes and dunks

sananspursfan21
01-12-2018, 09:42 PM
I remember before they moved my (formerly) beloved Rams out of St. Louis, they made a ton of questionable moves. They never appeared to be attempting to improve. I'm not saying this is the same, but haven't some of you old school guys been paranoid about the Spurs leaving San Antonio before? I'm sure TD and all the championships have solidified them in San Antonio but it is eerily similar. The Rams had a ton of head scratching transactions, stuck with a failing coach way longer than they should have (this is not saying Pop should be canned), made horrible draft picks while passing up superior talent... the relocation speculation is dead, right????

John B
01-12-2018, 09:42 PM
Spurs are 3rd in the West with all the injuries, one of them b2b DPOY and MVP finalist. 20 yrs straight in the playoffs. Oh oh in the small market. Bunch of spoiled fans. :wakeup

CGD
01-12-2018, 09:50 PM
It actually makes plenty of sense. You are a year away from maybe losong both of Manu and Danny, and then a short period after that from Tony being done. Need to start the pipeline. You’re not just replacing stars, but also rotation players

SAGirl
01-12-2018, 09:51 PM
who do you think has value to ship out?
If the trade is for a veteran... Tony's expiring contract has to have value to somebody... that is the favorite son I think you mean right?

baseline bum
01-12-2018, 10:27 PM
I remember before they moved my (formerly) beloved Rams out of St. Louis, they made a ton of questionable moves. They never appeared to be attempting to improve. I'm not saying this is the same, but haven't some of you old school guys been paranoid about the Spurs leaving San Antonio before? I'm sure TD and all the championships have solidified them in San Antonio but it is eerily similar. The Rams had a ton of head scratching transactions, stuck with a failing coach way longer than they should have (this is not saying Pop should be canned), made horrible draft picks while passing up superior talent... the relocation speculation is dead, right????

Thankfully there isn't a good market for them to move to unless San Diego would give them a state of the art arena. It could happen in 2025 when the non-relocation agreement with the county is up, but San Antonio is a one sport city with a rapidly growing population, and there is no LA market sitting empty to steal the team away. So I don't see the dire situation Saint Louis was in here. As long as the city and/or county is willing to cut the Spurs another corporate welfare check in 7 years I think they'll still be here.

sasaint
01-12-2018, 10:42 PM
who do you think has value to ship out?
If the trade is for a veteran... Tony's expiring contract has to have value to somebody... that is the favorite son I think you mean right?

Tony, yes. And I believe Danny still has value. Many fans would consider him a favorite son.

His value obviously is an order of magnitude greater, but I wonder if PATFO might be forced to consider trading Kawhi. He is such a sphinx it is impossible for anybody who doesn't have a real relationship with him to get any idea of what he is thinking. Now that he isn't seen playing or in post-game interviews, he is a complete mystery. He doesn't ever give any interviews. Is he intent on becoming the next life-long Spurs icon and does he have confidence in PATFO? Or would he rather take his talent to another organization? Is he injury-prone and headed down the Grant Hill path? What is his relationship with LMA? What does he think anout the team's performance with LMA as the go-to guy? Is there conflict/tension over who "The Man" is? Would he let PATFO know if he was planning on bolting for another team? These are questions that we can only speculate about - and it is truly speculation in a data vacuum. But depending on the answers to those questions PATFO may be compelled to consider moving Kawhi. I personally believe that the team can't win with both Kawhi and LMA playing iso-ball. And seeing the team playing competitively without him might give PATFO the perfect opportunity to move him without completely alienating the fan base...

daslicer
01-12-2018, 10:44 PM
Thankfully there isn't a good market for them to move to unless San Diego would give them a state of the art arena. It could happen in 2025 when the non-relocation agreement with the county is up, but San Antonio is a one sport city with a rapidly growing population, and there is no LA market sitting empty to steal the team away. So I don't see the dire situation Saint Louis was in here. As long as the city and/or county is willing to cut the Spurs another corporate welfare check in 7 years I think they'll still be here.

Seattle is obsessed with getting an NBA team but I don't ever see the NBA returning over there due to them not wanting to build a new arena. I thought it was pretty stupid how they decided to invest money in improving their old arena which was the same arena the NBA didn't approve of. Outside of Seattle and San Diego I don't see any attractive markets for a NBA team to relocate to.

sananspursfan21
01-12-2018, 10:56 PM

Good, I hope not. As a SW Missourian Spurs fan, it certainly wouldn't be the end-all-be-all for me if our guys moved because they were never local for me to begin with. However, since becoming a fan, I've become connected with the city and Texas is my home state away from home state. I would feel horrible for any local fans or anyone like me with connections to the city, especially if they relocated to the ever-spoiled California area. I'm so tired of them throwing their weight around and getting everything they want!!! Here's hoping for that check :toast

Ice009
01-12-2018, 11:26 PM
Spurs are 3rd in the West with all the injuries, one of them b2b DPOY and MVP finalist. 20 yrs straight in the playoffs. Oh oh in the small market. Bunch of spoiled fans. :wakeup

They're not going to be 3rd for too much longer with the way they're going on the road. They can't even beat a piss poor Lakers team on the road.

YGWHI
01-13-2018, 01:00 PM
:lol All them guards, but only two centers! What a conundrum.

In training-camp everyone here was saying "of course the Spurs will sign other big" "they're waiting for DLee..."

This is one of the most unbalanced Spurs rosters I can remember.

duncan2k5
01-13-2018, 05:54 PM
How in the hell did we end up with a guard crew of Mills/Parker/Murray/White/Forbes? I mean what the fuck man... First of all Mills is a quick shooter but could never run the offense or guard the elite pgs. Parker has been dead for about 3 years now? Dude has more 2 point games than anyone in the history of the NBA? Why is that award going unrecognized? Murray is really fun to watch but he is a mess. He can't shoot, he is awkward as fuck and runs around like he is playing street ball. Who the fuck is white? Waive him, please... I love my boy Forbes though, damn he can straight up score from anywhere but he can't handle the rock either....

What is Pop and RC drinking? This has to be the most fucked up 5 guards in the entire NBA. Over 30 million dollars a year spent on this group. The Spurs ownership has no balls.

1 and done.

forbes sucks on defense...and is that true about tony parker having the most 2 point games? i really wouldnt be surprised, but confirmation would be nice

duncan2k5
01-13-2018, 05:57 PM
Hill had value. The only ones with value left are Kawhi and LMA. Murray doesn't even have value anymore now that he's gotten minutes and not claimed the starting job (or even the backup job)

because he hasn't claimed it doesn't mean he does not deserve it...remember draymond green was benched for david lee, and it took a coach with balls to make the replacement after lee got injured...pop would NEVER bench tony or mills no matter how poorly they play, but continually benches murray even after great outings

duncan2k5
01-13-2018, 05:59 PM
Tony, yes. And I believe Danny still has value. Many fans would consider him a favorite son.

His value obviously is an order of magnitude greater, but I wonder if PATFO might be forced to consider trading Kawhi. He is such a sphinx it is impossible for anybody who doesn't have a real relationship with him to get any idea of what he is thinking. Now that he isn't seen playing or in post-game interviews, he is a complete mystery. He doesn't ever give any interviews. Is he intent on becoming the next life-long Spurs icon and does he have confidence in PATFO? Or would he rather take his talent to another organization? Is he injury-prone and headed down the Grant Hill path? What is his relationship with LMA? What does he think anout the team's performance with LMA as the go-to guy? Is there conflict/tension over who "The Man" is? Would he let PATFO know if he was planning on bolting for another team? These are questions that we can only speculate about - and it is truly speculation in a data vacuum. But depending on the answers to those questions PATFO may be compelled to consider moving Kawhi. I personally believe that the team can't win with both Kawhi and LMA playing iso-ball. And seeing the team playing competitively without him might give PATFO the perfect opportunity to move him without completely alienating the fan base...

so ur answer is LMA over Kawhi? LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

r0drig0lac
01-13-2018, 06:38 PM

How is this relevant?
the roster is still flawed, we need more 2-way wings and fewer undersized guards, that's a fact

JFK
01-13-2018, 08:13 PM
Seattle is obsessed with getting an NBA team but I don't ever see the NBA returning over there due to them not wanting to build a new arena. I thought it was pretty stupid how they decided to invest money in improving their old arena which was the same arena the NBA didn't approve of. Outside of Seattle and San Diego I don't see any attractive markets for a NBA team to relocate to.

Let’s see what happens in time. The older and more outdated the AT&T Center get and the longer Seattle is without a team this might be possible. Rather, the percentages go up more.

Pop will be gone soon and this team might end up being just mediocre again. I doubt SA or Bexar county will fork up more money to build another arena downtown or someplace besides where they are now.

Seems like the AT&T Center was built because the rodeo was involved. The Spurs first attempt to build by the Quarry, If i remember correctly, was shot down in flames badly.

daslicer
01-13-2018, 08:33 PM
Let’s see what happens in time. The older and more outdated the AT&T Center get and the longer Seattle is without a team this might be possible. Rather, the percentages go up more.

Pop will be gone soon and this team might end up being just mediocre again. I doubt SA or Bexar county will fork up more money to build another arena downtown or someplace besides where they are now.

Seems like the AT&T Center was built because the rodeo was involved. The Spurs first attempt to build by the Quarry, If i remember correctly, was shot down in flames badly.

I have never lived in SA so I don't know the situation that well when it comes to the politics of getting a new Arena. I just don't see Seattle getting an NBA team until they decided to build a new arena. It's never happening without a new arena. The current Arena they have is out of date for an NBA arena. It doesn't make any sense why the Spurs would move from AT&T to a Key Arena which is a building that is nearly 60 years old and more out of date than AT&T center. The only way Seattle gets an NBA team is if someone from Seattle buys a current NBA team and tries to move it there.

pgardn
01-13-2018, 08:49 PM
Define shady

Whose shady whose the real slim shady...

Darius Bieber
01-13-2018, 08:58 PM
Probably the worst back court unit in the league.

phxspurfan
01-13-2018, 09:05 PM

Austin, Vegas, Tampa, Kansas City, San Jose... all have better markets than SA

sasaint
01-13-2018, 09:22 PM
so ur answer is LMA over Kawhi? LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You need to re-read what I wrote. I articulated several factors which give me real anxiety over his health, contract status and contentment with the Spurs organization. Given a healthy LMA (who just signed a contract extension and a healthy Kawhi (who has an option in a year) I choose Kawhi every time. But the choice facing the Spurs is not that simple.

I am probably one of the biggest detractors of LMA on ST. I didn't want him when we signed him, and I haven't grown any fonder of him since then. He can't even be traded until the off-season.

cjw
01-13-2018, 10:37 PM
yeah we've been over this. re-signing mills never made sense because they were already grooming forbes for essentially the same role. and then they drafted white.

They drafted White before resigning Mills. Made the signing even worse...

UZER
01-13-2018, 10:49 PM

San Antonio once again undermines itself. Why in the hell was the AT&T Center built on the east side? I know the rodeo played a part, but they sold the location as a way to help "build" the east side by bringing businesses. Everyone and their mother knew that was never going to happen. You don't drop a mansion in the middle of the hood and expect others to build their mansion there. But the local city officials knew better than common sense. :rolleyes

I'm sure land price had something do with it as well, but here we are 16 years later later and not very little, if any, damn businesses has opened in the area. Had they built it more north of 35, they could have brought so many people from Austin to SA. Had they built it I10 west outside 1604, it would've been centered around the booming business area.

Most people that I personally know hate driving over to the middle of nowhere just to go to a spurs game. You're stuck in traffic with no options to go to local areas and wait it out.

SAGirl
01-13-2018, 10:56 PM
You need to re-read what I wrote. I articulated several factors which give me real anxiety over his health, contract status and contentment with the Spurs organization. Given a healthy LMA (who just signed a contract extension and a healthy Kawhi (who has an option in a year) I choose Kawhi every time. But the choice facing the Spurs is not that simple.

I am probably one of the biggest detractors of LMA on ST. I didn't want him when we signed him, and I haven't grown any fonder of him since then. He can't even be traded until the off-season.
Kawhi looks good to me.
No need to panic. They will be fine.
Also, got to enjoy this team... I think some guys won't be back. It's inevitable they can't pay somebody.
I'd ship off 50 Mills and keep Davis for example.. but Pop isn't going to do that.

JFK
01-14-2018, 08:29 AM
San Antonio once again undermines itself. Why in the hell was the AT&T Center built on the east side? I know the rodeo played a part, but they sold the location as a way to help "build" the east side by bringing businesses. Everyone and their mother knew that was never going to happen. You don't drop a mansion in the middle of the hood and expect others to build their mansion there. But the local city officials knew better than common sense. :rolleyes

I'm sure land price had something do with it as well, but here we are 16 years later later and not very little, if any, damn businesses has opened in the area. Had they built it more north of 35, they could have brought so many people from Austin to SA. Had they built it I10 west outside 1604, it would've been centered around the booming business area.

Most people that I personally know hate driving over to the middle of nowhere just to go to a spurs game. You're stuck in traffic with no options to go to local areas and wait it out.

True.

I think, if I remember right, the Spurs got this deal to go through a lot because the Rodeo came packaged with it.

I don’t remember if their first attempt at an arena was with the rodeo. I think it was just for them and it was going to be in the Quarry area. I do know it was not where the AT&T Center ended up now.

People also have to remember that when the Spurs got the vote for this, it was after the 1999 title and everyone was on a high. They also didn’t have as much clout and influence as they do now it seems. This organization was involved in the Raiders negotiations and now nothing happens around here without their blessings because they’re involved, think the SA Scorpions and MLS bid.

They’re probably never going anywhere and I’m not saying they will, but the arena is getting older and Seattle till yearns for a team and once they do build an arena up there it is temptation for anyone wanting a new state of the art arena.

They can reupholster the seats and wax the floors only so long at AT&T before it becomes outdated.

8FOR!3
01-14-2018, 08:58 AM
I agree that AT&T center wasn’t put in the right area but I think you’ll see more and more luxury apartment complexes pop up in that area soon and it’s gonna either become unaffordable to live over there for most or it’s just gonna make more sense for people to sell what they do have. It’s kinda nice that that area might be cleaned up but at the same time those people have to live too so hopefully anyone selling over their gets overcompensated for their housing

SequSpur
01-14-2018, 10:52 PM
I don't know how you all make it through the day. There are plenty of cities available to take this team over. The problem with the Spurs is they are owned by a group not by a majority or anything like that. They have hired Popovich to run everything and are paying him accordingly. That is why he has the clout he has. He treats us all like shit, he is disrespectful to the media but he has improved because of the pressure fans are putting on the organization. Somebody said it before, he doesn't give a shit about the regular season so why should we? I find it interesting that he tanked several games in the last week and then Denver comes in and he has almost all of the horse available to go all out. Sounds shady to me. These dudes should be able to play every night and if you don't think regular season losses mean something then you're wrong. It is important to have home court advantage. It is important to have a good point guard. Golden State has Steph, Houston has Chris, Boston has Kyrie, Cleveland has IT, Toronto has Kyle. Spurs have.........

Look when it comes to the ATT, I don't feel safe. The parking is ridiculous and everyone runs out of that building and gets to the closest highway as quickly as possible. What the hell is that? Some of you need to tour other cities and see how there venues are surrounded by clubs, bars, restaurants, and hotels. San Antonio is about to be obsolete in the sports world. When Pop leaves and this team isn't winning anymore, be prepared... an ownership group is going to cash out.

Ice009
01-14-2018, 11:29 PM

What do you mean by "he can't be traded until the off-season"? The Spurs can't trade him at the trade deadline if they got an offer they liked?

YGWHI
01-14-2018, 11:42 PM
What do you mean by "he can't be traded until the off-season"? The Spurs can't trade him at the trade deadline if they got an offer they liked?
Players that had their deals renegotiated and extended can't be traded for six months after signing those extensions

Ice009
01-15-2018, 12:12 AM
Players that had their deals renegotiated and extended can't be traded for six months after signing those extensions

I didn't know that. Has that been mentioned around here much?

I recall reading numerous times where people thought that Pop was sitting out Kawhi to raise LA's trade value. If you can't trade him this season, then those theories are debunked.

SAGirl
01-15-2018, 10:55 AM
I didn't know that. Has that been mentioned around here much?

I recall reading numerous times where people thought that Pop was sitting out Kawhi to raise LA's trade value. If you can't trade him this season, then those theories are debunked.
Completely....
The conspiracy theory never made sense to begin with.

ppl will go to irrational length bc they refuse to accept Kawhi has been injured. Even videos of the guy limping like he’s 80 years old at some point fans here thought Kiwi was pranking the media going up the stairs... Seriously?? Like Kiwi is a prankster? He doesn’t have that kind of humor to begin with...