PDA

View Full Version : country

sickdsm
01-14-2018, 10:15 AM
Came across my news feed this morning. Same guy that had been posting "when was America ever great?" In response to MAGA, is now posting why America is a shithole country.

Seems contradictory. We've had a pretty impressive run if we're a shithole country and we've always been improving.

Trainwreck2100
01-14-2018, 10:30 AM
Alabama

boutons_deux
01-14-2018, 12:14 PM
Came across my news feed this morning. Same guy that had been posting "when was America ever great?" In response to MAGA, is now posting why America is a shithole country.

Seems contradictory. We've had a pretty impressive run if we're a shithole country and we've always been improving.

Gotta take the long view, eg, look at some of the historical documentaries on PBS, etc

short view is that USA 1945 - 1975 period when all boats were getting floated was an anomaly.

Outside of that very short "pretty impressive run" period in USA, the USA has been ruled by a few wealthy/powerful white men, aka plutocracy, oligarchy, where the society of rigged and operated for the exclusive benefit of the oligarchy.

That's the inarguable situation now, a situation the VRWC/oligarchy has been strategizing for since the early 1970s (see "Lewis Powell memo"), reversing ALL the progress of the the 1930s (is why you assholes have been duped into hating FDR),1960s, and early 1970s, a situation of 80% of Americans being fucked and unfuckable because the oligarchy has hired all the really smart people, upper 20%, to protect/enable/increase the power and wealth of oligarchy.

sickdsm
01-14-2018, 12:28 PM
Gotta take the long view, eg, look at some of the historical documentaries on PBS, etc

short view is that USA 1945 - 1975 period when all boats were getting floated was an anomaly.

Outside of that very short "pretty impressive run" period in USA, the USA has been ruled by a few wealthy/powerful white men, aka plutocracy, oligarchy, where the society of rigged and operated for the exclusive benefit of the oligarchy.

That's the inarguable situation now, a situation the VRWC/oligarchy has been strategizing for since the early 1970s (see "Lewis Powell memo"), reversing ALL the progress of the the 1930s (is why you assholes have been duped into hating FDR),1960s, and early 1970s, a situation of 80% of Americans being fucked and unfuckable because the oligarchy has hired all the really smart people, upper 20%, to protect/enable/increase the power and wealth of oligarchy.

Was a decent post until you went to your rant tbh.

DMC
01-14-2018, 01:42 PM

I didn't see anything I disagreed with tbh

sickdsm
01-14-2018, 01:50 PM
I didn't see anything I disagreed with tbh

He always goes into his"fucked and unfuckable". I have no idea his meaning some he says it every day. Repug, Trash, etc... Fill up his posts so often I stop reading at that point

Winehole23
06-01-2018, 08:27 AM
the trend isn't exclusively upward. US birth rate remains at a historical low.

The world’s sole superpower requires the same level of paid maternity benefits as fellow economic powerhouses Swaziland, Lesotho and Papua New Guinea.)https://qz.com/167163/countries-without-paid-maternity-leave-swaziland-lesotho-papua-new-guinea-and-the-united-states-of-america/

RandomGuy
06-01-2018, 02:08 PM

With Republicans applauding, and putting into formed policy of ripping children away from their parents at the border, an actively immoral and inhumane thing, we have become the shithole country. If that happened anywhere else in the world, we used to be the country that would criticize shit like that.

With a president actively putting our foreign policy up for sale with money from Chinese government for his business dealings in exchange for sanctions relief, sweetheart Chinese trademark deals for his daughter in exchange for walking back the "currency manipulation" label, sanctions on Qatar, in exchange for bailouts for Jared, we are the shithole country. If that happened in any other country, we would shake our heads.

Religious nutjobs rejecting science to get special treatment once they get their hands on the strings of power. We are now the shithole country.

Rich corporations being given the green light to pollute, public health studies that show dangers to drinking water suppressed to protect those in power.

We are the shithole country we used to think others were.

RandomGuy
06-01-2018, 02:12 PM
I watched conservatives for eight years saying all sorts of hyperbolic stupid shit about Obama, that was provably false.

Now Trump comes along, does and says the DUMBEST, CROOKEDEST shit he possibly can, and it everything that conservatives were saying Obama was (lazy, golfing, elitist, etc), and they are clapping like trained seals, and standing in line to kiss his ring.

That is one thing the Trump administration HAS done, rather definitively, is point out the rank hypocrisy and abject moral and intellectual bankruptcy of the conservative "ideology" as much as any motley collection of spiteful resentment can be called such.

RandomGuy
06-01-2018, 07:18 PM

"We met a terrified six-year-old blind boy taken from his mother at the border. All he did was beg for his mother. if we cannot represent him, he will stand in front of a judge and represent himself, since there is no public defender system in immigration court, even for children. So will the 12 month old baby we met - stripped from her mother's inconsolable mother's arms. So will the 58 other children living in that childrens' detention center in the middle of Arizona right now, all under the age of 10, all afraid and desperate for their mothers and fathers"
--Lauren Dasse, Esq., Executive Director
Florence Immigrant and Refugee rights project.

sickdsm
06-01-2018, 08:06 PM
I watched conservatives for eight years saying all sorts of hyperbolic stupid shit about Obama, that was provably false.

Now Trump comes along, does and says the DUMBEST, CROOKEDEST shit he possibly can, and it everything that conservatives were saying Obama was (lazy, golfing, elitist, etc), and they are clapping like trained seals, and standing in line to kiss his ring.

That is one thing the Trump administration HAS done, rather definitively, is point out the rank hypocrisy and abject moral and intellectual bankruptcy of the conservative "ideology" as much as any motley collection of spiteful resentment can be called such.
Every time I see a generalization like yours I think of how much you have in common with racists. I'm a conservative (independent). Never thought twice about Obama being a lazy golfer before. It appears you had that interaction with at least one conservative and decided to paint them all with that brush. Good for you.

CosmicCowboy
06-01-2018, 08:21 PM
Every time I see a generalization like yours I think of how much you have in common with racists. I'm a conservative (independent). Never thought twice about Obama being a lazy golfer before. It appears you had that interaction with at least one conservative and decided to paint them all with that brush. Good for you.

X2

Spurminator
06-01-2018, 08:27 PM
I didn't see him paint all conservatives. "I saw conservatives" means he saw conservatives saying it. If you didn't, he's not talking about you.

It is accurate to say there were conservatives, even in congress, criticizing Obama in that way.

Spurminator
06-01-2018, 08:29 PM
Anyway, maybe if you guys spoke out more against conservatives saying things you disagree with, the mistaken impression that you all see things the same way would be less common.

Spurminator
06-01-2018, 08:33 PM
This was an easy Google away.

Senate Republicans on Friday said President Obama should look in the mirror before questioning their work ethic.

The National Republican Senatorial Committee (NRSC), the Senate GOP's campaign arm, released a Web video that spliced images of Obama playing ping pong, drinking beer in Ireland and hitting the golf course over audio of him lashing out at congressional Republicans Wednesday for not working hard enough to hammer out a debt-reduction deal.

"Actions speak louder than words," the ad says.
http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/169383-republicans-to-obama-actions-speak-louder-than-words

✅ (https://emojipedia.org/white-heavy-check-mark/)Lazy
✅ (https://emojipedia.org/white-heavy-check-mark/)Golf

RandomGuy was right.

boutons_deux
06-02-2018, 07:30 AM
This was an easy Google away.

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/169383-republicans-to-obama-actions-speak-louder-than-words

✅ (https://emojipedia.org/white-heavy-check-mark/)Lazy
✅ (https://emojipedia.org/white-heavy-check-mark/)Golf

RandomGuy was right.

"Lazy knitter" is fundamental to racist Repugs branding of knitters. St Ronnie The Diseased "(cheating, non-working, lazy) Welfare Queens in Cadillacs" and "(non-working, lazy) young bucks"

... all as the basis of conservatives' strategy of destroying the safety net for lazy knitters because they don't deserve hard-working taxpayers' support (most people on public assistance are white). Destroy the safety net? so then can cut taxes for the oligarchy.

conservatives who say "I'm not a racist" are frauds, but all conservatives and the hilarious libertarians are frauds anyway.

Every fucking "conservative" talking point is smoke screen to hide their real strategy to enable/protect/enrich the oligarchy

pgardn
06-02-2018, 09:10 AM
"Lazy knitter" is fundamental to racist Repugs branding of knitters. St Ronnie The Diseased "(cheating, non-working, lazy) Welfare Queens in Cadillacs" and "(non-working, lazy) young bucks"

... all as basis conservatives' strategy of destroying the safety net for lazy knitters because they don't deserve hard-working taxpayers' support (most people on public assistance are white)

conservatives who say "I'm not a racist" are frauds, but all conservatives and the hilarious libertarians are frauds anyway.

Every fucking "conservative" talking point is smoke screen to hide their real strategy to enable/protect/enrich the oligarchy

You are hopelessly biased.
This is exactly what Trump voters wanted, to enrich the oligarchy.

pgardn
06-02-2018, 09:12 AM

When did the The rant begin?

boutons_deux
06-02-2018, 09:25 AM
You are hopelessly biased.
This is exactly what Trump voters wanted, to enrich the oligarchy.

where is my bias, O Shit Taker?

pgardn
06-02-2018, 09:45 AM
where is my bias, O Shit Taker?

“Every fucking "conservative" talking point is smoke screen to hide their real strategy to enable/protect/enrich the oligarchy”

Oh I guess this is really difficult to see you fckn moron.

SnakeBoy
06-02-2018, 09:47 AM
With Republicans applauding, and putting into formed policy of ripping children away from their parents at the border, an actively immoral and inhumane thing, we have become the shithole country. If that happened anywhere else in the world, we used to be the country that would criticize shit like that.

With a president actively putting our foreign policy up for sale with money from Chinese government for his business dealings in exchange for sanctions relief, sweetheart Chinese trademark deals for his daughter in exchange for walking back the "currency manipulation" label, sanctions on Qatar, in exchange for bailouts for Jared, we are the shithole country. If that happened in any other country, we would shake our heads.

Religious nutjobs rejecting science to get special treatment once they get their hands on the strings of power. We are now the shithole country.

Rich corporations being given the green light to pollute, public health studies that show dangers to drinking water suppressed to protect those in power.

We are the shithole country we used to think others were.

Poor RandomGuy. Life is so hard for you.

Made any progress paying off them bills? Those Syrian kids are still waiting for you to give them a place to stay once they're paid off.

pgardn
06-02-2018, 09:57 AM
“because the oligarchy has hired all the really smart people, upper 20%, to protect/enable/increase the power and wealth of oligarchy.”

Do you fckn understand that not every smart person or intellectual has a desire to accumulate wealth? Most people who are really good at what they do are INTENSELY INTERESTED AND CAPABLE. And it might be in an area that has nothing useful for an entrepreneur. Do you think all artists,musicians, writers, scientists.... all have a desire to accumulate wealth just to accumulate something? You don’t think they might realize that they will die and while they are alive they will pursue what interests them and not worry about the price of gold.

You are the worst type of liberal ever. You pretend like liberals have some moral authority over conservatives and then you go and argue some stupid piece of shit like the above.

boutons_deux
06-02-2018, 10:19 AM
“because the oligarchy has hired all the really smart people, upper 20%, to protect/enable/increase the power and wealth of oligarchy.”

Do you fckn understand that not every smart person or intellectual has a desire to accumulate wealth? Most people who are really good at what they do are INTENSELY INTERESTED AND CAPABLE. And it might be in an area that has nothing useful for an entrepreneur. Do you think all artists,musicians, writers, scientists.... all have a desire to accumulate wealth just to accumulate something? You don’t think they might realize that they will die and while they are alive they will pursue what interests them and not worry about the price of gold.

You are the worst type of liberal ever. You pretend like liberals have some moral authority over conservatives and then you go and argue some stupid piece of shit like the above.

where am I biased, O King of Shit Takes?

Where did I say I'm against making money beyond necessary, where did I say I'm against building up capital?

goddamn, your detesting The Great Boutons exposes the incredible SHITTINESS of your takes.

and how's that Golden Rice coming along? solved ANYBODY's Vit A deficiency?

pgardn
06-02-2018, 12:03 PM
“Every fucking "conservative" talking point is smoke screen to hide their real strategy to enable/protect/enrich the oligarchy”

Oh I guess this is really difficult to see you fckn moron.

Read this again fcktard.

pgardn
06-02-2018, 12:07 PM
where am I based, O King of Shit Takes?

Where did I say I'm against making money beyond necessary, where did I say I'm against building up capital?

goddamn, your detesting The Great Boutons exposes the incredible SHITTINESS of your takes.

and how's that Golden Rice coming along? solved ANYBODY's Vit A deficiency?

Still being researched idiot.
Science does not happen immediately. And even if it does cultural concerns might render it useless. One major problem is people not wanting to eat the rice because of its color, fake lover of humanity...

boutons_deux
06-02-2018, 12:36 PM
Still being researched idiot.
Science does not happen immediately. And even if it does cultural concerns might render it useless. One major problem is people not wanting to eat the rice because of its color, fake lover of humanity...

while decades spent "being researched", why not give the needy Vit A pills that are proven to work and don't demand poor rice growing countries to change to Golden Rice ( everybody hates change)

pgardn
06-02-2018, 03:36 PM
while decades spent "being researched", why not give the needy Vit A pills that are proven to work and don't demand poor rice growing countries to change to Golden Rice ( everybody hates change)

Give them a pill when they won’t eat rice with a slightly different color.
Good thinking Bozo...

Yes. They will just keep the pills in their M-Sun old person pill box thru rain, heat etc... and it should work out peachy. Years supply for the whole family. Just shut up.

RandomGuy
06-04-2018, 05:46 PM
Poor RandomGuy. Life is so hard for you.

Made any progress paying off them bills? Those Syrian kids are still waiting for you to give them a place to stay once they're paid off.

(yawn)

Someday, you may try to elevate your game, but until then, you simply make my case about the intellectual and moral shallowness of regressives for me.

RandomGuy
06-05-2018, 10:28 AM
X2

I will say one thing about all you and others: You are oddly silent in your criticisms of the current president. Standby and do nothing? Seems pretty spineless, IMO, you should be yelling the loudest.

X2

TeyshaBlue
06-05-2018, 11:37 AM
Yeah. We should be spamming threads with Melania nudes!

boutons_deux
06-05-2018, 12:07 PM
https://gq-images.condecdn.net/image/E8GdknR5L1W/crop/1440/landscape/f/Melania-Trump-06-GQ-7-Nov16_Antoine-Verglas_b.jpg

RandomGuy
06-05-2018, 12:24 PM
Yeah. We should be spamming threads with Melania nudes!

(groans) Now look what you did.

Not that I have any room...