PDA

View Full Version : Pop on finding out MLK was assassinated

Splits
01-15-2018, 04:11 PM
Spurs' Popovich becomes emotional recalling King assassination (https://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/article/Spurs-Popovich-becomes-emotional-recalling-King-12499249.php)

ATLANTA – Spurs coach Gregg Popovich became emotional Monday as he recalled where he was on April 4, 1968 when he learned the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. had been assassinated in Memphis, Tenn.

"I can remember sitting in a room with other second classmen - juniors, I should say - (at the Air Force Academy), and it was just disbelief more than anything, especially given the speech he had already given," Popovich said.

As he continued, Popovich did so in a halting voice.

"It was a silence, just silence. Nobody could speak," he said. "That's what I remember most."

Speaking to reporters before the Spurs' game with the Hawks on Martin Luther King Day in the civil rights icon's hometown, Popovich said he thought King would be a "very, very sad man" if he were alive today "to see that a lot of his efforts have been held up and torn down."

"It doesn't matter if you look at the voting rights act or the ridiculous number of people of color who are incarcerated," Popovich said. "And you can go on and on. We all know it's gotten to the point where it is almost boring for people to listen to it. But it's insidious and it's still our national sin that we have to work on. And every time I hear somebody say they are not a racist, you know they are."

Without mentioning President Donald Trump's name, Popovich made it clear he was referring to the Republican chief executive.

Trump told reporters on Sunday in West Palm Beach, Fla., that "I am not a racist" and denied reports he had referred to Haiti and African nations as "shithole countries."

Asked if he is a racist, Trump said: "No, I'm not a racist. I am the least racist person you have ever interviewed."

"You can argue all day and you can see some of his sycophants dodge and weave and all that sort of thing, and you can argue he is or isn't," Popovich said in a clear reference to Trump's comments.

"But what really is disgusting to me, is even if you wanted to say he is not a racist, or even as he says he is the least racist of anybody... he is certainly willing to wield race like weapon and use it for his own purposes, whether it's Charlottesville or the comment he just made, or 'You can't believe what they are finding in Hawaii about Obama's birth certificate.'

"...No matter what it is, he is willing to use it as a weapon for a certain number of people who will vote for him, for his own selfish reasons and it shows what he really cares about is himself. It has nothing to do with America or anybody else. It's about puffing himself up and making sure in his own disingenuous, cynical way he satisfies a group, and that's what I find really dangerous and really disgusting, the way he uses his comments and then will tell you he is not a racist.

"It is mind boggling, but it's pretty obvious. He's not fooling anybody."

:lmao shitting all over Trump AGAIN in the most brutal fashion

:worthy::pop:

TheGreatYacht
01-15-2018, 04:23 PM
There's about to be 20 trump supporters (with 4 combined teeth) in this sumbitch, but daaaaaamn :wow Cuckald has not and will not call out Pop. He'd get the corn silk slapped off his head

SpursforSix
01-15-2018, 04:45 PM
Pop needs to worry more about winning games. He should have just stared at the reported and walked away.

TheGreatYacht
01-15-2018, 04:47 PM
Pop needs to worry more about winning games. He should have just stared at the reported and walked away.
Should pull a Cuckald and never take questions from the press tbh

daslicer
01-15-2018, 04:48 PM
There's about to be 20 trump supporters (with 4 combined teeth) in this sumbitch, but daaaaaamn :wow Cuckald has not and will not call out Pop. He'd get the corn silk slapped off his head

One of the many reasons to why I wanted to see the Spurs win the title last year. It would have been comedic to hear Pop trash Trump and a white house visit and hear Trump's response.

YGWHI
01-15-2018, 04:57 PM
One of the many reasons to why I wanted to see the Spurs win the title last year. It would have been comedic to hear Pop trash Trump and a white house visit and hear Trump's response.

:D :tu

YGWHI
01-15-2018, 05:18 PM

It's MLK day.

Anyway, this season I love Pop more as person and as a free-thinker individual than a coach. Which would be all great if I weren't a basketball fan.

vander
01-15-2018, 05:21 PM
I heard somewhere that black unemployment was pretty low right now, unlike when the totally-not-racist Obama was President

cd98
01-15-2018, 05:21 PM
I would be more proud of Pop if he could actually beat a lower tier team on the road. Ever since he started trolling Trump (whom I could not dislike more), he has been failing. Wish he would win some games and stop jinxing us or at least showing us he is more interested in politics than coaching.

UZER
01-15-2018, 05:27 PM
Matt Bonner :lol

Floyd Pacquiao
01-15-2018, 05:31 PM
Another loss tonight against a lottery team for failing spurs head coach Popovich. Sad!

timtonymanu
01-15-2018, 05:38 PM
Smh focus on basketball and stfu about politics already

SpursforSix
01-15-2018, 05:39 PM
It's MLK day.

Anyway, this season I love Pop more as person and as a free-thinker individual than a coach. Which would be all great if I weren't a basketball fan.

Unfortunately, he's spending too much time free thinking and not doing his job. Which has made him wealthy and given him the luxury to do and say whatever he wants.
He seems like a good guy. But it's time to find someone who can coach and make solid managerial decisions.

cd98
01-15-2018, 05:40 PM
Pop has to learn you can't out troll Trump. He's the master of this crap. Just look at all the more qualified candidates he passed in the primary and in the general election because he out trolled them. Pop is so fixated on Trump that he can't even come up with a game plan to beat a team that has already given up on this season.

hater
01-15-2018, 05:40 PM
:lmao Trump making all these snowflakes cry :lol

hater
01-15-2018, 05:41 PM
Pop has to learn you can't out troll Trump. He's the master of this crap. Just look at all the more qualified candidates he passed in the primary and in the general election because he out trolled them. Pop is so fixated on Trump that he can't even come up with a game plan to beat a team that has already given up on this season.

:lol

spurraider21
01-15-2018, 05:42 PM
pop dropping truth bombs left and right

spurraider21
01-15-2018, 05:43 PM
Unfortunately, he's spending too much time free thinking and not doing his job. Which has made him wealthy and given him the luxury to do and say whatever he wants.
He seems like a good guy. But it's time to find someone who can coach and make solid managerial decisions.
everyone has opinions outside of their job

TheGreatYacht
01-15-2018, 05:46 PM
All these faggot burger flippers should stick to their jobs and not voice their opinions. Oh wait it don't work that way for you land whales

Splits
01-15-2018, 05:47 PM
The man's entire career has been built on the backs of blacks, you don't think he's going to have their back? lol they voted like 98% against Trump

cjw
01-15-2018, 05:55 PM
As someone who voted for every GOP candidate for president since being allowed to vote until this election (though I crossed out Palin’s name when voting for McCain), I am so glad I avoided voting for this autistic orange daddy’s boy. Wouldn’t be able to forgive myself.

The only good thing that could have come out of Trump was a tax cut, which ended up bending those of us in states with high state taxes over ... yes it’s partly our fault.

The saving grace here is this teaches us the system of checks and balances is real and one person can only cause so much harm.

Also, CNN and what Trump calls the fake news media needs to realize the boy who cried wolf syndrome is taking hold. People’s attention span is weak and if you complain about everything he does, people will start ignoring it. And the average Joe has completely tuned out to the Russia probe.

spurraider21
01-15-2018, 06:02 PM
The only good thing that could have come out of Trump was a tax cut, which ended up bending those of us in states with high state taxes over ... yes it’s partly our fault.
to be fair, state income taxes kinda suck. and the fact that you can write them off on your fed returns means the federal government is essentially subsidizing those states. why should the federal government subsidize new york and CA just because they decided to levy an additional income tax on their residents? and this coming from a CA resident

that said, the fact that the GOP tax law specifically targeted those states (blue states) just reeks of pettiness and political targeting

spurs10
01-15-2018, 06:09 PM

:worthy::pop: Ditto! We have taken a step in the wrong direction and it’s going to take people standing up against this transparent race- baiting Dotard Trump.

hater
01-15-2018, 06:09 PM
Also, CNN and what Trump calls the fake news media needs to realize the boy who cried wolf syndrome is taking hold. People’s attention span is weak and if you complain about everything he does, people will start ignoring it. And the average Joe has completely tuned out to the Russia probe.

And what is average Joe supposed to do with the news that Russia hacked our election with Trump?? Especially since they have provided zero evidence?

That propaganda was just a method to quell any dissent on the planned soft coup of Trump. Thats all. If US had really been hacked the intelligence agncies would have actually been quiet about it due to embarrassment and would have returned the favor in secrecy.

They miscalculated the fact that Trump is a pretty darn smart guy, relatively clean billionaire and that Trump fans are not going to abandon him no matter what. Total miscalculation on their part.

spurs10
01-15-2018, 06:11 PM
As someone who voted for every GOP candidate for president since being allowed to vote until this election (though I crossed out Palin’s name when voting for McCain), I am so glad I avoided voting for this autistic orange daddy’s boy. Wouldn’t be able to forgive myself.

The saving grace here is this teaches us the system of checks and balances is real and one person can only cause so much harm.

Also, CNN and what Trump calls the fake news media needs to realize the boy who cried wolf syndrome is taking hold. People’s attention span is weak and if you complain about everything he does, people will start ignoring it. And the average Joe has completely tuned out to the Russia probe. Great post! :toast

Spurtacular
01-15-2018, 06:16 PM
Gregg using a civil rights icon to pimp his uber liberal agenda.

Also,

:lol "became emotional"

vy65
01-15-2018, 06:17 PM
to be fair, state income taxes kinda suck. and the fact that you can write them off on your fed returns means the federal government is essentially subsidizing those states. why should the federal government subsidize new york and CA just because they decided to levy an additional income tax on their residents? and this coming from a CA resident

that said, the fact that the GOP tax law specifically targeted those states (blue states) just reeks of pettiness and political targeting

It also targets traditional red states with no state income taxes like Texas. Those states make up for the lack of their own income taxes by having high(er) property taxes.

The tax bill was passed ostensibly to help people in my income bracket. Instead, it fucks those whose property taxes exceed 10k.

DarrinS
01-15-2018, 06:19 PM
It also targets traditional red states with no state income taxes like Texas. Those states make up for the lack of their own income taxes by having high(er) property taxes.

The tax bill was passed ostensibly to help people in my income bracket. Instead, it fucks those whose property taxes exceed 10k.

I’m just a tad under that number. Whew!

dbreiden83080
01-15-2018, 06:22 PM

Well he has old starters and our superstar player often injured. Still 3rd in the West..

Spurtacular
01-15-2018, 06:22 PM
And what is average Joe supposed to do with the news that Russia hacked our election with Trump?? Especially since they have provided zero evidence?

That propaganda was just a method to quell any dissent on the planned soft coup of Trump. Thats all. If US had really been hacked the intelligence agncies would have actually been quiet about it due to embarrassment and would have returned the favor in secrecy.

They miscalculated the fact that Trump is a pretty darn smart guy, relatively clean billionaire and that Trump fans are not going to abandon him no matter what. Total miscalculation on their part.

Agree with all but question the last part. The verdict is still out on that one. The Dems have done what they have done to try and control the narrative. They've at least had some success even if it is unscrupulous.

spurraider21
01-15-2018, 06:25 PM

Good point. It is pretty questionable, generally, for a state to pile on high taxes that can then be written off federally.

hater
01-15-2018, 06:37 PM
Agree with all but question the last part. The verdict is still out on that one. The Dems have done what they have done to try and control the narrative. They've at least had some success even if it is unscrupulous.

Disagree. And its not just democrats behind this plan. Its also neocons from both sides of the isle.

I still believe it was total miscalculation as they have gained nothing from this campaign besides exposing their media mouthpiecs as nothing but what they are. Their mouth pieces. Cnn, wapo, nyt, etc

Now nobody with two neurons believes anything these mouthpieces spout. They lost that card. And gained almost nothing

Spurtacular
01-15-2018, 06:39 PM
Disagree. And its not just democrats behind this plan. Its also neocons from both sides of the isle.

I still believe it was total miscalculation as they have gained nothing from this campaign besides exposing their media mouthpiecs as nothing but what they are. Their mouth pieces. Cnn, wapo, nyt, etc

Now nobody with two neurons believes anything these mouthpieces spout. They lost that card. And gained almost nothing

That's really been something that people have figured out over the last two presidential cycles though. And these propaganda sites who pretend to be legitimate have at least created a bigger following.

Spurtacular
01-15-2018, 06:40 PM
hater

I guess I'm not saying you're wrong though. Hillary coined the term fake news as an excuse for losing and that got turned on its head really fast!

Mikeanaro
01-15-2018, 06:47 PM

Agreed, it also backfired for them, main stream media showing its real face, NFL getting boycotted, libtard hollywood showing their sexual predators, Franken/Weiner= Frankenwiener.

AFMadison
01-15-2018, 06:58 PM
The economy says it all. Yet whiners feel like their voices and opinions matter :depressed
Prepare that ass for Trump 2020. Dems are literally bottom feeders and cannot win lately despite the relentless attacks.
”but but but, trump said shithole” :lmao

UZER
01-15-2018, 07:02 PM
Pop is full of sh*tholes.

tholdren
01-15-2018, 07:51 PM

No one cares. The people on this board who have an opinion about politics has been confirmed that they let their emotions get the best of them. See above for namecalling, and your post for being proud that you voted for a party... until now... ? Sad really.

Kool Bob Love
01-15-2018, 07:57 PM
Coach Poop is a fucking clown.

Russo21
01-15-2018, 10:10 PM
All of those lengthy comments and when anyone asks him about basketball he makes sarcastic one liners in response. If you're heart isn't in the game anymore and politics is more of an interest then just retire and run for president if thats what you wanna do.

cd98
01-15-2018, 10:12 PM
All of those lengthy comments and when anyone asks him about basketball he makes sarcastic one liners in response. If you're heart isn't in the game anymore and politics is more of an interest then just retire and run for president if thats what you wanna do.

I know. He treats the press like dirt and then gets mad at Trump for calling them fake news. He is Trump. He just hasn’t realized that he’s the liberal version of Trump.

cjw
01-15-2018, 10:33 PM

Yes and yes. It reeks of targeting but those states are so poorly run with deficits despite astronomical property/income/sales taxes, the trifecta. And nothing will happen because those taxes impact less than half the voting public.

That’s my point. There’s been no direct evidence linking Trump and people are getting sick of the schtick. Now Trump supporters will think the media is out to get him no matter what (which they are) even if there are things he does that are in poor taste / offensive.

No one cares. The people on this board who have an opinion about politics has been confirmed that they let their emotions get the best of them. See above for namecalling, and your post for being proud that you voted for a party... until now... ? Sad really.

I’ve voted for Dems before (including for statewide offices), just not for president. Was making the point that Republicans should have found him absolutely unqualified and unworthy. But whatever, he’s president now and he hasn’t destroyed the world. I can still think he sucks. But he’s damn good at the game.

Not that Hillary was god’s gift like she thought she was. And Bernie, don’t even get me started.

ducks
01-15-2018, 11:10 PM
:lmao Trump making all these snowflakes cry :lol

ducks
01-15-2018, 11:11 PM
By far one of the worse coaching jobs he done in his career but media give him the injury card this year
If he would stick to his job spurs would have 6 or more less losses

ducks
01-15-2018, 11:12 PM

ducks
01-15-2018, 11:16 PM
The Wall Street Journal asked 68 economists spread across academia and throughout the business world who was responsible for the booming economy, and, "happily for President Trump, the pros agree with him," The Hill reported. "A recent survey of economists suggest it is President Trump, and not Obama, who should be taking a bow.

spurraider21
01-15-2018, 11:34 PM
Yes and yes. It reeks of targeting but those states are so poorly run with deficits despite astronomical property/income/sales taxes, the trifecta. And nothing will happen because those taxes impact less than half the voting public.
CA is no longer in a deficit tho, tbh

for all the dirtbag moves jerry brown has made, he at least can point to that as an accomplishment

BackHome
01-16-2018, 01:30 AM
Pop is done I think he hangs it up at the end of this season. It will be sad but it’s time for him Tony and Manu to ride into the sunset

Spurtacular
01-16-2018, 05:28 AM
CA is no longer in a deficit tho, tbh

for all the dirtbag moves jerry brown has made, he at least can point to that as an accomplishment

What'd Moonbeam ever do to you? He's got a D next to his name. He's the good guy, remember?

BD24
01-16-2018, 09:59 AM
Lol at the idiots in here who think Trump is going to win in 2020. Trump is losing a small amount of his voters every time he does something ridiculous or outrageous, on top of that he has motivated many people who probably would not vote to go vote in 2020 by being such a fucking ass hat. I personally know many people who are actually voting in midterm elections who never have before basically to give the republicans the finger for standing by this orange dildo. In 2020 not only will trump lose, the GOP will lose control of both the house and the senate. You can take that check to the fucking bank.

MultiTroll
01-16-2018, 10:02 AM
Pop sure is showing Trump. :rolleyes

Nothing like focusing on someone else's job when you completely suck at your own.

cd98
01-16-2018, 10:09 AM
Lol at the idiots in here who think Trump is going to win in 2020. Trump is losing a small amount of his voters every time he does something ridiculous or outrageous, on top of that he has motivated many people who probably would not vote to go vote in 2020 by being such a fucking ass hat. I personally know many people who are actually voting in midterm elections who never have before basically to give the republicans the finger for standing by this orange dildo. In 2020 not only will trump lose, the GOP will lose control of both the house and the senate. You can take that check to the fucking bank.

It’s too early to tell what will happen by then and so many variables can swing an election: the economy, war, indictment. But he was saying and texting crazy things and people elected him. And his approval rating has actually been on the up. A lot of people like that he isn’t a polished politician that says and does things according to some unwritten decorum. I thought there was no way he would get elected at every point last year, but he did. I don’t know if he even wants to be president, but if he runs, I would say that other than his big mouth and twitter nonsense, he hasn’t DONE anything yet that was detrimental. I mean, we all feared him with the nuke codes, but he hasn’t been the caricature that he is often depicted as.

UZER
01-16-2018, 10:11 AM

Yeah yeah yeah. Heard that before.

BD24
01-16-2018, 10:45 AM
Yeah yeah yeah. Heard that before.
Lets drop some money on it then bigshot come on.

UZER
01-16-2018, 10:54 AM
Lets drop some money on it then bigshot come on.

internet bets. :lol

Did we not hear Hillary was going to landslide win for months? Am I wrong?

BD24
01-16-2018, 10:56 AM

Different circumstances and I was not in that boat. I thought the dems probably fucked themselves when they pushed her through over Bernie on that bullshit.

Obviously you arent very confident in your boy though, so carry on.

UZER
01-16-2018, 11:31 AM
Different circumstances and I was not in that boat. I thought the dems probably fucked themselves when they pushed her through over Bernie on that bullshit.

If you don't take my internet bet, it means you're scared. :cry

Stop it.

hater
01-16-2018, 12:46 PM

:lmao

Same old stupid snowfakes are gonna come out and guarantee a shillary win or an (insert shitty libtard candidate) win :lol

Truth is with Shillary politically dead, there is absolutely nobody that can compete with Trump

hater
01-16-2018, 12:47 PM

Oprah for 2020 :lmao :lol

Trainwreck2100
01-16-2018, 01:13 PM

Same old stupid snowfakes are gonna come out and guarantee a shillary win or an (insert shitty libtard candidate) win :lol

Truth is with Shillary politically dead, there is absolutely nobody that can compete with Trump
You're not serious right?

pad300
01-16-2018, 01:15 PM

Oprah for 2020 :lmao :lol

I wanted other than Hillary, and I am glad you US types got to what I think is the right decision. But I wouldn't be absolutely confident about Trump. He was a limited candidate running against a terrible one. While the current democrat party candidates don't look much better than Hillary (aside from not having clear felony charges hanging over them), Oprah on the other hand, would bring many of Trump's strengths to the board, and with fewer clear weaknesses.

hater
01-16-2018, 01:16 PM
You're not serious right?

Name one person who would be a good candidate vs Trump and would sway furrent Trump voters

Mikeanaro
01-16-2018, 02:16 PM
I wanted other than Hillary, and I am glad you US types got to what I think is the right decision. But I wouldn't be absolutely confident about Trump. He was a limited candidate running against a terrible one. While the current democrat party candidates don't look much better than Hillary (aside from not having clear felony charges hanging over them), Oprah on the other hand, would bring many of Trump's strengths to the board, and with fewer clear weaknesses.
A Big Mac with cheese?

Spur|n|Austin
01-16-2018, 03:31 PM

:worthy::pop:

pop dropping truth bombs left and right

Splits
01-16-2018, 03:35 PM
Upstairs getting a flavor for hater's terrible political takes

https://media.giphy.com/media/12OqFaUF0nD560/giphy-downsized-large.gif

Trill Clinton
01-16-2018, 03:36 PM

:lol

spurs10
01-16-2018, 05:01 PM
Spurs' Popovich becomes emotional recalling King assassination (https://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/article/Spurs-Popovich-becomes-emotional-recalling-King-12499249.php)

ATLANTA – Spurs coach Gregg Popovich became emotional Monday as he recalled where he was on April 4, 1968 when he learned the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. had been assassinated in Memphis, Tenn.

"I can remember sitting in a room with other second classmen - juniors, I should say - (at the Air Force Academy), and it was just disbelief more than anything, especially given the speech he had already given," Popovich said.

As he continued, Popovich did so in a halting voice.

"It was a silence, just silence. Nobody could speak," he said. "That's what I remember most."

Speaking to reporters before the Spurs' game with the Hawks on Martin Luther King Day in the civil rights icon's hometown, Popovich said he thought King would be a "very, very sad man" if he were alive today "to see that a lot of his efforts have been held up and torn down."

"It doesn't matter if you look at the voting rights act or the ridiculous number of people of color who are incarcerated," Popovich said. "And you can go on and on. We all know it's gotten to the point where it is almost boring for people to listen to it. But it's insidious and it's still our national sin that we have to work on. And every time I hear somebody say they are not a racist, you know they are."

Without mentioning President Donald Trump's name, Popovich made it clear he was referring to the Republican chief executive.

Trump told reporters on Sunday in West Palm Beach, Fla., that "I am not a racist" and denied reports he had referred to Haiti and African nations as "shithole countries."

Asked if he is a racist, Trump said: "No, I'm not a racist. I am the least racist person you have ever interviewed."

"You can argue all day and you can see some of his sycophants dodge and weave and all that sort of thing, and you can argue he is or isn't," Popovich said in a clear reference to Trump's comments.

"But what really is disgusting to me, is even if you wanted to say he is not a racist, or even as he says he is the least racist of anybody... he is certainly willing to wield race like weapon and use it for his own purposes, whether it's Charlottesville or the comment he just made, or 'You can't believe what they are finding in Hawaii about Obama's birth certificate.'

"...No matter what it is, he is willing to use it as a weapon for a certain number of people who will vote for him, for his own selfish reasons and it shows what he really cares about is himself. It has nothing to do with America or anybody else. It's about puffing himself up and making sure in his own disingenuous, cynical way he satisfies a group, and that's what I find really dangerous and really disgusting, the way he uses his comments and then will tell you he is not a racist.

"It is mind boggling, but it's pretty obvious. He's not fooling anybody."

Well spoken and dead-on as usual. I was really proud to see Pop speaking out especially on MLK Day about the transparent use of race “as a weapon” by Trump and his sycophants. It was also great to see General Chuck Haig, former two term Republican Senator of Nebraska and Secretary of Defense, speaking out about how “damaging” Trump is to to our national security with his childish bluster and stating the obvious- ‘he’s an embarrassment’ internationally.

On other matters, not pertaining to the obvious history Trump has as a racist, I found it funny reading how people here are stating there is “zero evidence” in the Russian probe. I hate to let them know, but multiple indictments have been handed down about conspiracy against the US, money laundering, and lying to the FBI. Flynn who was with Trump daily in the Oval Office before his collassol fall from grace has plead guilty to a felony for lying to the FBI. His involvement with Russia and Turkey involves receiving thousands of dollars and acting as a “foreign agent” on their behalf while sitting in the White House. This investigation is far from over, but there would be no special counsel if Trump hadn’t fired Comey and admitted on national TV why he did it. He would then confirm he fired Comey because of Russia in a closed door meeting with the Russian ambassador the following day and the Russians gratefully leaked it to the press. So this ongoing investigation was brought upon Trump by himself. With his tweets he continues to bolster the decisions of federal judges opposing Trump’s agenda. Again his own worst enemy. He’s a walking blackmail magnet to boot. If he can easily be blackmailed by two porn stars then I wonder if those are his only embarrassing or illegal transgressions. I hope so for his sake. Stay tuned for news about Kazakhstan where one of Trump’s business associates, their former dictator, has been convicted of stealing billions of dollars and is going to prison for life.

Anyway thanks Pop for standing up to and speaking out against this abomination in the White House. Go Spurs!!
:flag:

hater
01-16-2018, 05:12 PM
Upstairs getting a flavor for hater's terrible political takes

:lmao a salty Shillarytard crawls upstairs from the political forum

Who is going to beat Trump in 2020 Shillarytard? I need a name :lol

tholdren
01-16-2018, 05:18 PM
My post is a shithole

elbamba
01-16-2018, 05:26 PM
[Anyway thanks Pop for standing up to and speaking out against this abomination in the White House. Go Spurs!!

In actual Spurs related news, Spurs dropped another winnable road game to a sucky team. Perhaps its time for Pop to pay more attention to his current job. Maybe its time to let QL finally return from his injury and play basketball again.

Trainwreck2100
01-16-2018, 05:47 PM
Name one person who would be a good candidate vs Trump and would sway furrent Trump voters

you don't need to sway the "furrent trump voters" you just need to switch the college educated suburbanites and the blacks who stayed home.

daslicer
01-16-2018, 05:49 PM
you don't need to sway the "furrent trump voters" you just need to switch the college educated suburbanites and the blacks who stayed home.

Also factor in the young people who stayed at home.

hater
01-16-2018, 06:19 PM
Lol you still need to sway some of the ppl that voted fronTrump

Still waiting for the name of the person who will rally blacks, suburbanites, young ppl and some Ttump voters :lmao

Give me one name :lol

Kool Bob Love
01-16-2018, 06:50 PM

Put money up or shit the fuck up.

Trainwreck2100
01-16-2018, 07:12 PM

Still waiting for the name of the person who will rally blacks, suburbanites, young ppl and some Ttump voters :lmao

How many people do you think voted for Trump just because they didn't want Hillary in, guess what Trump already lost all those voters. It's up to the Dems to come up with a candidate that doesn't suck as bad as Hillary. 2018 needs to happen before we see what candidates have a shot, cause that's going to be the barometer of what Dems can get away with.

hater
01-16-2018, 08:39 PM
How many people do you think voted for Trump just because they didn't want Hillary in, guess what Trump already lost all those voters. It's up to the Dems to come up with a candidate that doesn't suck as bad as Hillary. 2018 needs to happen before we see what candidates have a shot, cause that's going to be the barometer of what Dems can get away with.

So you cant even give one fucking name?? :lol

spurs10
01-16-2018, 09:17 PM
In actual Spurs related news, Spurs dropped another winnable road game to a sucky team. Perhaps its time for Pop to pay more attention to his current job. Maybe its time to let QL finally return from his injury and play basketball again. Couldn’t agree more that we are dropping winnable road games and desperately need Kawhi on the court. We need Gay and Manu back asap too! :toast

Stabula
01-16-2018, 10:05 PM
Pop made a career out of exploiting black athletes tbh

Trainwreck2100
01-16-2018, 10:32 PM

did you have trump beating hillary in 2013? Didn't think so

cd98
01-16-2018, 10:37 PM
Why is Pop just finding out now that MLK was shot? White privilege.

tim_duncan_fan
01-16-2018, 10:48 PM
Lol Trump-supporting Spurs fans.

Americans can be so fucking stupid. Just go like fucking Ole Miss if the coach shitting on racists is such a problem.

Don't know why nazi-types feel entitled to have people not speak unless they agree with them.

hater
01-17-2018, 01:14 AM
did you have trump beating hillary in 2013? Didn't think so

Ill help you out. Tulsi Gabard could defat Trump. Id vote for her in a minute.

Problem is Shillary neocon camp of the democratic party would never let Tulsi, an anti war candidate run

Thats why the democratic party is doomed. They are being run by neocons that wont rally the voters they need

Trainwreck2100
01-17-2018, 02:18 AM
Ill help you out. Tulsi Gabard could defat Trump. Id vote for her in a minute.

Problem is Shillary neocon camp of the democratic party would never let Tulsi, an anti war candidate run

Thats why the democratic party is doomed. They are being run by neocons that wont rally the voters they need

did you have trump beating hillary in 2013?

hater
01-17-2018, 07:59 AM
did you have trump beating hillary in 2013?

No

But you are the one guaranteeing a Trump loss in 2020 to a ghost :lol

Jumping the gun a bit?

duncan2k5
01-17-2018, 08:01 AM

Bernie... EASILY!

hater
01-17-2018, 08:11 AM
Bernie... EASILY!

Thank you sir

Unfortunately I dont see Bernie rallying blacks, or swaying any Trump votes

He most likely wont get democrat nomination either as Shillary neocon camp still controls the party and they hate Bern.

Love Bernie but he has a real problem taking way too much contributions from Military Complex and going along with most Us foreign wars

pad300
01-17-2018, 12:57 PM

Oprah. Seriously, celebrity is a big thing in America. It's a large asset in Don's column, but she trumps him at it - thus she will bring out the youth and suburbanite vote. She's black, tribal identity politics will strike again, she would pull Obama support levels among blacks (and turnout). Unless the democrats nominate a candidate as flawed as Hillary, a number of current Trump voters might just stay home; a significant fraction voted for NOT Hillary...

bklynspursfan
01-17-2018, 01:07 PM
In actual Spurs related news, Spurs dropped another winnable road game to a sucky team. Perhaps its time for Pop to pay more attention to his current job. Maybe its time to let QL finally return from his injury and play basketball again.

Do you only pay attention to your job and ignore everything else happening in life? Or are you able to fully do your job and still be able to discuss other things happening?

elbamba
01-17-2018, 02:16 PM
Do you only pay attention to your job and ignore everything else happening in life? Or are you able to fully do your job and still be able to discuss other things happening?

It really depends on what is happening. I am an attorney and when I am in the middle of a trial, I shut everything else off. So yes, at times to fully do my job it requires that I give up my personal interests including Spurs games. I am not asking him to avoid his family or skip meals. I do think that this might be the worst Spurs team we have seen since 1997. If I saw as much passion in his interviews about this team and basketball the way he speaks about politics, I probably would not care; however, this team keeps losing to the likes of the Lakers and the Hawks. Fix Spurs basketball and after the season Pop can give all the talks about Trump he wants. That would be my preference.