PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Made Jordan

ambchang
01-15-2018, 09:38 PM
I dug up the 100 greatest plays of the nba, a DVD compilation of the greatest plays of the league history up to around late 90s early 00s.

The format was too 10 plays of ten different categories I don’t remember them all but they were like dunks, moves, assists, steals, clutch, buzzer beaters (not sure how it was different from clutch), blocks, team work, alley-oops and one more. It was hilarious how they had to force Jordan into every single category.

He had the greatest dunk ( the one over Ewing), and while it was a great dunk, the Dominique double pump dunk over his shoulder in a crowd of Kemp’s dunk over lister was better. But that’s ok because the dunk on Ewing was great. But then they start to put him in hustle play (not sure what the big deal was, it’s barely even sports Center worthy), blocks ( the block on Ewing’s fadeaway), the assist ( a run of the mill no look behind the back pass) and team work( just some random bulls play) and it was obvious they were jus trying to force Jordan down the throat of the masses.

It got pretty pathetic.

Magic and bird also got on many categories but those were plays where you would watch for 20 times and would fill go “wow” every time, those Jordan ones didn’t even get a wow the first time you watch it.

spurraider21
01-15-2018, 09:44 PM
he was pretty good tbh

lefty
01-15-2018, 11:01 PM
I dug up the 100 greatest plays of the nba, a DVD compilation of the greatest plays of the league history up to around late 90s early 00s.

The format was too 10 plays of ten different categories I don’t remember them all but they were like dunks, moves, assists, steals, clutch, buzzer beaters (not sure how it was different from clutch), blocks, team work, alley-oops and one more. It was hilarious how they had to force Jordan into every single category.

He had the greatest dunk ( the one over Ewing), and while it was a great dunk, the Dominique double pump dunk over his shoulder in a crowd of Kemp’s dunk over lister was better. But that’s ok because the dunk on Ewing was great. But then they start to put him in hustle play (not sure what the big deal was, it’s barely even sports Center worthy), blocks ( the block on Ewing’s fadeaway), the assist ( a run of the mill no look behind the back pass) and team work( just some random bulls play) and it was obvious they were jus trying to force Jordan down the throat of the masses.

It got pretty pathetic.

Magic and bird also got on many categories but those were plays where you would watch for 20 times and would fill go “wow” every time, those Jordan ones didn’t even get a wow the first time you watch it.

Yup.

bulakenyo
01-15-2018, 11:21 PM
Youtube and online videos of your favorite players werent so easy to obtain back in the mid-late 90s, not like today.

If the NBA was trying to sell the DVD to the buying public, they made sure to sneak in as many clips as they can, of their biggest draw, hottest, most recognizable player at the time.

Or else the customer might feel shortchanged or cheated.

I think that's fine. This coming from me, who never rooted for the Bulls in any of their 6 NBA Finals appearances.

TDMVPDPOY
01-17-2018, 06:14 AM
was never a jordan fan back in the day anyway..

how about u guys?

Fabbs
01-17-2018, 08:19 AM

how about u guys?
His bringing an end to Fagic Johnson was nice. I supported.

But by the time the marketing hype machine was in full force ya no longer liked.

Clipper Nation
01-17-2018, 08:26 AM

how about u guys?
Never liked that faggot, tbh. I always liked MVPippen more.

Killakobe81
01-17-2018, 09:52 AM
Youtube and online videos of your favorite players werent so easy to obtain back in the mid-late 90s, not like today.

If the NBA was trying to sell the DVD to the buying public, they made sure to sneak in as many clips as they can, of their biggest draw, hottest, most recognizable player at the time.

Or else the customer might feel shortchanged or cheated.

I think that's fine. This coming from me, who never rooted for the Bulls in any of their 6 NBA Finals appearances.

agreed with all of this ...

hater
01-17-2018, 10:58 AM
Winning six ships in 7 years is what made Jordan tbqh

lefty
01-17-2018, 01:01 PM
Never liked that faggot, tbh. I always liked MVPippen more.

MJ, Pip and Jackson are top of the line assholes.
They were made for each other

lefty
01-17-2018, 01:02 PM
His bringing an end to Fagic Johnson was nice. I supported.

But by the time the marketing hype machine was in full force ya no longer liked.

You hated Magic?
Why?

ambchang
01-17-2018, 05:23 PM
MJ, Pip and Jackson are top of the line assholes.
They were made for each other

What didn’t Pippen do?

Fabbs
01-17-2018, 05:32 PM
You hated Magic?
Why?
Bullshit calls he got away with / calls he received. A man couldn't even play straight defense on the phaggot and his teammates (Kream and Worthy) without him being gifted.
Rigged trades ala Michelle Thompson 1987.
Kreams purportedly being Muzlim thus needing to go to LA or NY yet he would not give up the endorsement money from his beer commercials. A true Muzzie would not even entertain the idea of doing booze.
Stern takes out Houstons guards summer 1986, butthurt they had punked Fagic 4-1 and every reason to believe they would do it again in the '87 playoffs.
When 98% of the NBA and USA was on coke at that time.
Lenny Bias dies or that phaggot doesn't sniff another title even with the riggin.

01-17-2018, 05:53 PM
Magic pretty much killed Len Bias, tbqfh

lefty
01-17-2018, 06:38 PM
Bullshit calls he got away with / calls he received. A man couldn't even play straight defense on the phaggot and his teammates (Kream and Worthy) without him being gifted.
Rigged trades ala Michelle Thompson 1987.
Kreams purportedly being Muzlim thus needing to go to LA or NY yet he would not give up the endorsement money from his beer commercials. A true Muzzie would not even entertain the idea of doing booze.
Stern takes out Houstons guards summer 1986, butthurt they had punked Fagic 4-1 and every reason to believe they would do it again in the '87 playoffs.
When 98% of the NBA and USA was on coke at that time.
Lenny Bias dies or that phaggot doesn't sniff another title even with the riggin.

Lakers and Magic had refs protection, can't disagree with that.
Magic was shocked in the 1991 finals whenever the Bulls played good D on him, he wasn't used to that :lol
He would look at the refs instead of running back on defense :lol

Obviously Len Bias' death helped them a lot, combined with Bird's shitty back.

Add to that list that shitty call on Laimbeer and Isiah's injury in the 1988 Finals, and the 87 Rockets' injuries and some of their players sniffing coke.

I prefer Zeke as a PG tbh

Bird is the GOAT imo

lefty
01-17-2018, 06:38 PM
Also the West was shit back then

Raven
01-17-2018, 06:48 PM
always was a fan. the marketing is the marketing though..