PDA

View Full Version : 1 stat that tell you all you need to know about this team

Brazil
01-16-2018, 08:35 AM
TD21 is arguing he can sum up Spurs season in 2 stats, I can with 1 stat... 9 like the number of games Kawhi played

I hope it helps people who were wondering who is the smartest ST poster

cutewizard
01-16-2018, 09:50 AM
:bobo

dabom
01-16-2018, 10:33 AM
TD21 is arguing he can sum up Spurs season in 2 stats, I can with 1 stat... 9 like the number of games Kawhi played

I hope it helps people who were wondering who is the smartest ST poster

And only like 3 games has he had 25 minutes. :lol

sananspursfan21
01-16-2018, 10:42 AM
Naturally, this team is built around Kawhi as is with any team that has a superstar. It would sure be nice to see a string of games put together with Kawhi in them. You know, get an actual assessment of the team

SAGirl
01-16-2018, 11:36 AM
Great stat.... good thread, unfortunate good summary to the season.

I hope the Spurs get off this funk. Losing to the Hawks and Lakers, very bad teams... + they were in a close game that was won in the final 3 minutes against Sacramento too (and it required insane hot shooting from Davis).

Spurs pathetic guard situation gets exposed without Kawhi playing. Hopefully they do something about it next summer... but wait, I have said this 3 years in a row.

Get well soon Kiwi (Manu abd Rudy Gay too— he has been missed).

cd98
01-16-2018, 12:24 PM
I think that’s the stat that Pop looks at when deciding his line up. I’m assuming Kawhi is also out for the next game or he is on minutes restriction.

daslicer
01-16-2018, 12:44 PM
IF the Spurs had a healthy Kawhi playing at a high level they would have had 5-6 less losses which would have been huge.

Brazil
01-16-2018, 01:53 PM
Yeah... Spurs is built around Kawhi, you can dig and find bunch of stats to point out Spurs weaknesses and such when it's quite simple Kawhi is not playing...

Besides the whole situation is fucked up for the franchise... when Robinson went down Spurs knew it was for a while Spurs thought fuck it let's tank, in this particular situation they are pretty much fucked up: they don't reorganize the team to survive without Kawhi, they don't take decision to tank.. because they have no clue of when dude is going to be ready fully to go. All in all in that fucked up situation they are doing fine, being 4th and staying in the race in case dude returns...

not sure what they could possibly do better (talking about global picture not micro wrong decisions here and there)

spurraider21
01-16-2018, 02:01 PM

:lol at people judging the spurs ability to compete without their MVP :lol

SAGirl
01-16-2018, 02:47 PM

spurs10
01-16-2018, 02:51 PM
Good thread. The real questions that remains is how many games will we get to play with a healthy team, and I’m not thinking of limited minutes games. Those really real havoc with our rhythm which explains why they are mostly losses. I actually think the number is 1-3 because those other games didn’t show us much. We are looking at less than three months remaining in the regular season with Manu and Gay out. If the team can turn it all around in the 8 weeks following the ASB it will be a sight to see.

I really hope so because I’ve got killer seats to th3 playoffs and want to b3 sitting there in June!
:flag:

Hoops Czar
01-16-2018, 03:00 PM

:lol at people judging the spurs ability to compete without their MVP :lol

Spin it anyway you like, but if they can't beat the two worst teams in the league without their MVP, they weren't very good to begin with.

Ice009
01-16-2018, 10:04 PM
Spin it anyway you like, but if they can't beat the two worst teams in the league without their MVP, they weren't very good to begin with.

Yep. I've been saying a week or two ago that their poor road record is a sign of a pretender. I also didn't mean in regard to the Championship (I can't comment on if they are a pretender for Championship until the team is fully healthy for a while), I meant they're a pretender in regard to the 3rd seed. I said they would lose that third seed soon with how bad they are on the road. Fast forward a week or two later, and here we are. They've lost to two of the worst teams in the league in back to back road games and have given up sole possession of the third seed.