PDA

View Full Version : Spurs announce Kawhi out indefinitely

Pages : [1] 2

SuperCam
01-17-2018, 02:09 PM

daslicer
01-17-2018, 02:10 PM
I predict he will be shutdown for the rest of the year.

Southwest Texas Fan
01-17-2018, 02:10 PM
WTF is going on! :bang

SuperCam
01-17-2018, 02:12 PM
he will not play more than 2 games rest of season book it. hope to avoid retirement at this point tbqh

marinoman
This whole thing is being handled very poorly

Robz4000
Saw this coming before the season even started tbh. Lost season for the Spurs, and could be the end of Kawhi's time in SA since I don't see them giving him the supermax.

SuperCam
01-17-2018, 02:13 PM
call up phil jackson right now tbh. porzingod still an option with him...

daslicer
01-17-2018, 02:14 PM
Saw this coming before the season even started tbh. Lost season for the Spurs, and could be the end of Kawhi's time in SA since I don't see them giving him the supermax.

We will have to see how he plays next year to determine if he's worthy of the supermax. Too early to jump to that conclusion.

SuperCam
01-17-2018, 02:17 PM

PATFO media kid gloves coming off

Robz4000
01-17-2018, 02:18 PM
We will have to see how he plays next year to determine if he's worthy of the supermax. Too early to jump to that conclusion.

This offseason is the last chance for the Spurs to get anything worthwhile for him. If they can't come to an agreement at least they could get some future assets for him instead of him leaving for nothing like Dominos did.

spurraider21
01-17-2018, 02:19 PM
oh now we're going to criticize the spurs for rushing kawhi back? :lmao

cjw
01-17-2018, 02:20 PM
Glad I waited on buying tickets for tonight.

They have 2.5 months till the stretch run before the playoffs. Plenty of time to either get healthy or know it’s a lost cause.

As others have mentioned, too many wins already to tank.

dabom
01-17-2018, 02:21 PM

Right? :lol

In fact. The Spurs have taken every step of fucking precaution here. I don't see any blame on their part. :lol

daslicer
01-17-2018, 02:21 PM
This offseason is the last chance for the Spurs to get anything worthwhile for him. If they can't come to an agreement at least they could get some future assets for him instead of him leaving for nothing like Dominos did.

I rather risk it and see how he plays out next year. If he regains his form next year he will be worthy of the supermax and if he doesn't recover and walks away I'm fine with it. The spurs aren't going to get anything close in equal value for him. I'm not into accepting a bunch of role players for him with contracts. If he leaves I'm fine with a massive rebuild.

Leetonidas
01-17-2018, 02:22 PM
:pctoss

BatManu20
01-17-2018, 02:23 PM

Budkin
Give me a fucking break. This season is UTTER SHIT.

bklynspursfan

Seriously. I can't wait for people on here to start with that haha.

spurraider21

In fact. The Spurs have taken every step of fucking precaution here. I don't see any blame on their part. :lol
if anything its on the medical staff for what seems to have been a faulty/shitty rehab program

hater was right, he cant even wipe his own ass

SAGirl
+1
I know you did. I thought you were ultra doom & gloom.
Turns out you were right. When I saw it, I thought damnnnn Robz... Nostradamus right there.

daslicer
01-17-2018, 02:24 PM

Agreed Kawhi's injury is one of the most fucked up injuries I have ever read about it. Spurs did everything they could when it came to handling this injury.

spurraider21
01-17-2018, 02:24 PM
2 days ago:

:madrun pop needs to play kawhi 40 minutes per game :madrun

now:

:madrun pop didnt take care of kawhi's injury well enough :madrun

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

daslicer
01-17-2018, 02:26 PM
2 days ago:

now:

Yup with a lot of these fans the Spurs were damned if they do and damned if they don't.

SAGirl
01-17-2018, 02:26 PM
2 days ago:

now:

I never for a moment thought this was a Pop schtick, that was Ice, maybe duncan2k5... (which really, who listens to duncan2k5).

There were posters here saying it was a prank when Kawhi looked like an 80 yr old going up a few stairs back in November. At the time, I said some fans were just in denial, but I really didn't see this like Robz did. He was the one who said he would be shut down for the season eventually. I had hope.

dabom
01-17-2018, 02:28 PM
I never for a moment thought this was a Pop schtick, that was Ice, maybe duncan2k5... (which really, who listens to duncan2k5).

There were posters here saying it was a prank when Kawhi looked like an 80 yr old going up a few stairs back in November. At the time, I said some fans were just in denial.

Gotta call out ElNono here too. :lol

Darius Bieber
01-17-2018, 02:28 PM
Grant Hill 2.0 tbh. I keep telling you guys.

vander
01-17-2018, 02:29 PM
hope the Spurs can get to 50 wins, I really like that streak

daslicer
Grant Hill 2.0 tbh. I keep telling you guys.

Even if Kawhi is Grant Hill 2.0 the Spurs are fine since he's not locked into a longterm contract like Grant was with the magic.

Chomag
I'm sorry folks but until proven otherwise Grant Hill 2.0.
Sucks thinking What could have been if his body wasn't so injury prone...

Leetonidas
01-17-2018, 02:30 PM
Dude is made of glass. Trade his ass while he still has value tbh

daslicer
hope the Spurs can get to 50 wins, I really like that streak

Agreed and I think the Spurs can still pull it off. They just have to go 21-16 the rest of the way to get it.

gambit1990
wow.

LakerHater
01-17-2018, 02:31 PM
Our FO & medical staff must b utter shit!!

01-17-2018, 02:31 PM
if anything its on the medical staff for what seems to have been a faulty/shitty rehab program
every injury he has

“Ive never seen anything like this in 20 years :wow”

:lmao spurs medical staff

SuperCam
01-17-2018, 02:32 PM
LMA has seen this before, it's why he knew he'd get all sorts of touches this season...

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/media/2.0/teamsites/timberwolves/roy5.jpg

lil'mo
01-17-2018, 02:33 PM
Lol yeah what a stretch to say Kawhi would be shut down for the season. EVERY outcome is speculated on spurstalk. SOMEONE is going to be right in every situation. Gmafb:lol

daslicer

Spurs are not going to get anything good in return for Kawhi right now since everybody knows he has this weird injury and a history of being injury prone. Good luck getting any solid pieces in return for him. The Spurs should just ride out Kawhi's contract and see how he plays next year. If he's washed up next year then they can go into massive rebuild mode and let him walk.

timtonymanu

Yeah wtf do they have there in San Antonio?

SAGirl
01-17-2018, 02:34 PM
Gotta call out ElNono (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=8054) here too. :lol
true, true. :lmao
I forgot about ElNono

Darius Bieber
We got to have the worst medical staff in the league.... Gordon Hayward snapped his fucking leg backwards in a game and he'll be back and healthy before Kawhi.

bklynspursfan

"He's given it a shot. He's frustrated as hell. He wants to play badly. But if we're going to err, we're going to do it on the side of health and being wise."
Leonard has yet to play on less than two days rest this season.
He warmed up before Monday's loss in Atlanta hoping to finally clear that hurdle. He could not.
"He didn't feel right," Popovich said. "So I told him to just sit."

The decision to shut Leonard down was a collaborative one between the coaching staff, medical team, and rehabilitation staff, with input from Leonard himself.

"I'm probably more conservative than most," Popovich said, "but the trainers, the rehab people, the doctors, the coaches, we all talked about this for a long time.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/article/Spurs-shutting-down-Kawhi-Leonard-indefinitely-12504542.php

baseline bum
01-17-2018, 02:35 PM
Give me a fucking break. This season is UTTER SHIT.

This is by far the season I have watched least between the complete mismanagement of the offseason and all the injuries plus the inevitability of a Golden State repeat. I watched the team way more back in 96-97. This just feels like a lost season period for the NBA. The only teams I ever find worth watching (outside of the Spurs for homer reasons) are Golden State and Boston.

Leetonidas
Y'all are crazy if you think the Spurs couldnt get a good return on Kawhi imo. He has plenty of trade value at the moment even with the injury. I'm not serious about trading him but the spurs should do their due diligence and see what the market is like imo

bic50
Garbage fan

LaMarcus Bryant
01-17-2018, 02:36 PM
Maybe he has Benjamin Button syndrome, but in reverse, and super aggressive, so that he gets really really old year-to-year

baseline bum
01-17-2018, 02:37 PM

Holt needs to drive a dump truck filled with cash to Phoenix and beg their trainer to come here.

daslicer
01-17-2018, 02:38 PM
Y'all are crazy if you think the Spurs couldnt get a good return on Kawhi imo. He has plenty of trade value at the moment even with the injury. I'm not serious about trading him but the spurs should do their due diligence and see what the market is like imo

Who can the Spurs get for him other than a bunch of second rate players. Your never going to get equal value for a player like Kawhi when he's healthy.

timtonymanu
Such a damn frustrating season. Not that I had much hope but still so irritating.

SAGirl
Gotta call out ElNono (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=8054) here too. :lol

... sorry about the double post... this site is playing games ... lags and if you refresh... anyways...

Clipper Nation
01-17-2018, 02:40 PM
Well, now that he's proven to be injury-prone, he's practically destined to be a Clipper.

peacemaker885
01-17-2018, 02:41 PM
I say BS. This is PATFO work. No injury whatsover. #freekawhi #nokawhiinjury #lostspursseason

Robz4000
01-17-2018, 02:42 PM
Who can the Spurs get for him other than a bunch of second rate players. Your never going to get equal value for a player like Kawhi when he's healthy.

Draft picks and maybe a star. Could see Sacramento biting, giving the Spurs their pick this season (Top 3) and WCS.

Mikeanaro
01-17-2018, 02:44 PM
What a wuss, tbh.

Leetonidas
01-17-2018, 02:45 PM

What data do you have to support this claim that a top 5 player can only fetch “second rate players” and what do you consider to be such?

Trill Clinton
01-17-2018, 02:45 PM
why is the mood in here like he's out for the season with a torn acl?http://i63.tinypic.com/bjeiaw.jpg

SAGirl
01-17-2018, 02:46 PM
We got to have the worst medical staff in the league.... Gordon Hayward snapped his fucking leg backwards in a game and he'll be back and healthy before Kawhi.
It wasn't a good sign when Tony came back from his injury before Kawhi. 35 years old and a ton of mileage, snapped his hamstring right off the bone, had to get it stapled or nailed back down. He's playing sooner than Kawhi and has no minutes restrictions right now other than what age and prudence require.

Kawhi is just injury prone and doesn't recover well.

daslicer
01-17-2018, 02:47 PM
Draft picks and maybe a star. Could see Sacramento biting, giving the Spurs their pick this season (Top 3) and WCS.

I would be down with getting a top 3 pick for him but even that would be difficult since Kawhi only has 1 year left on his contract. Very few teams would be stupid enough to trade valuable assets for him knowing that he has only 1 year left on his contract unless he was willing to agree to sign an extension.

Texas_Ranger
01-17-2018, 02:47 PM
why is the mood in here like he's out for the season with a torn acl?http://i63.tinypic.com/bjeiaw.jpg

the guy can't heal a fucking quad in half a year.

Robz4000
01-17-2018, 02:48 PM

It'd be dumb to try to bring him back at this point tbh. It's been 6+ months and the injury hasn't gotten better; he needs to go for a second opinion somewhere and get a better rehab plan. There's also the fact the team has no chance at a ring this season with or without him (or next year for that matter).

bklynspursfan
01-17-2018, 02:50 PM
It'd be dumb to try to bring him back at this point tbh. It's been 6+ months and the injury hasn't gotten better; he needs to go for a second opinion somewhere and get a better rehab plan. There's also the fact the team has no chance at a ring this season with or without him (or next year for that matter).

R.C specifically said he has made significant process, so to say it hasn't gotten better isn't accurate. Being out indefinitely could mean a month to rehab more, no one really knows

Robz4000
I would be down with getting a top 3 pick for him but even that would be difficult since Kawhi only has 1 year left on his contract. Very few teams would be stupid enough to trade valuable assets for him knowing that he has only 1 year left on his contract unless he was willing to agree to sign an extension.

Sacramento would be able to give him the supermax and prolly wouldn't blink at the idea of it.

jermaine
Well, fuck this season... What a waste of LMA this yr. I sure as hell won't be playing NBA 2k18 for awhile. Rainbow6 Seige fulltime now!

daslicer
What data do you have to support this claim that a top 5 player can only fetch “second rate players” and what do you consider to be such?

Again name me some players that are equal value that the Spurs could get for Kawhi? You never going to get equal value for a superstar like Kawhi. I define second rate players as guys who are not all-stars.

Robz4000
01-17-2018, 02:51 PM
R.C specifically said he has made significant process, so to say it hasn't gotten better isn't accurate.

They also said he'd be back sooner rather than later in the beginning of training camp and he proceeded to miss the next three months. Worst thing you could do is take their words at face value.

SAGirl
01-17-2018, 02:52 PM
I say BS. This is PATFO work. No injury whatsover. #freekawhi #nokawhiinjury #lostspursseason
#DENIAL
one of the stages of grief.

Chomag
01-17-2018, 02:53 PM
For those that are getting mad at some comparing to Grant Hill, would you rather have it to Tiago Splitter instead?

Canyonero
01-17-2018, 02:53 PM
Not enough HGH apparently.

coachmac87
01-17-2018, 02:55 PM
I think it’s officially now ok to hit the panic button or jump off the cliff....

Funny thing is tho I dunno if there’s anybody left to jump with

bklynspursfan
01-17-2018, 02:57 PM
They also said he'd be back sooner rather than later in the beginning of training camp and he proceeded to miss the next three months. Worst thing you could do is take their words at face value.

The quote of "sooner rather than later" was in November, not training camp. he then returned a few weeks later. Did i miss something or do people keep exaggerating with the sooner than later comment and thinking it's from before the season?

Original quote from 11/14- Asked if there is “light at the end of the tunnel” for the Spurs’ linchpin player, Popovich said after shootaround Tuesday morning, “Oh, sure. He’s gonna be back sooner rather than later.”

On December 4th- from Kawhi- Kawhi Leonard is feeling healthy and will return "soon" from a quadriceps injury that has kept him out all season, but the Spurs All-Star forward does not have a target date for his debut."I feel good, soon to come (and) be able to play on the floor," Leonard said of his return. "It's been a long wait, but I'm feeling pretty healthy right now."

Kawhi returned on December 12th.

Chucho
01-17-2018, 03:01 PM
Meh...nothing burger, tbh. He'll be fine, will comeback in late March, get into shape and we're this year's 1st round opponent "no one wants to play" and everyone will be making their typical posts to cover their hedges.

daslicer
01-17-2018, 03:02 PM
I think it’s officially now ok to hit the panic button or jump off the cliff....

Funny thing is tho I dunno if there’s anybody left to jump with

:lol I have to admit that is funny. For me I'm ok since it drove me nuts all year of how Kawhi was in and out of the lineup. I'm hoping now that the Spurs are not trying to win the title this year that Pop will stop with the rest and play guys heavy minutes.

peacemaker885
01-17-2018, 03:04 PM
#DENIAL
one of the stages of grief.

Could be but not once did we see Kawhi limp or anything, except for that one when he was climbing the stairs to board the plane. He runs, he blocks, he steals, he scores. No proof.

LakerHater
01-17-2018, 03:05 PM
Whn & how did this injury even fuckn happen!?!?

Robz4000
01-17-2018, 03:06 PM
The quote of "sooner rather than later" was in November, not training camp. he then returned a few weeks later. Did i miss something or do people keep exaggerating with the sooner than later comment and thinking it's from before the season?

Original quote from 11/14- Asked if there is “light at the end of the tunnel” for the Spurs’ linchpin player, Popovich said after shootaround Tuesday morning, “Oh, sure. He’s gonna be back sooner rather than later.”

On December 4th- from Kawhi- Kawhi Leonard is feeling healthy and will return "soon" from a quadriceps injury that has kept him out all season, but the Spurs All-Star forward does not have a target date for his debut."I feel good, soon to come (and) be able to play on the floor," Leonard said of his return. "It's been a long wait, but I'm feeling pretty healthy right now."

Kawhi returned on December 12th.

Literally the entire mantra from the beginning of camp until he eventually came back was that his injury was short-term. The fact he's still dealing with it and that PATFO have been vague with the details (even with how secretive they generally are) is shady enough. If you wanna keep trusting in their words, by all means. At this point I'm operating under the assumption he won't be back this year (nor should he).

peacemaker885
01-17-2018, 03:08 PM
Literally the entire mantra from the beginning of camp until he eventually came back was that his injury was short-term. The fact he's still dealing with it and that PATFO have been vague with the details (even with how secretive they generally are) is shady enough. If you wanna keep trusting in their words, by all means. At this point I'm operating under the assumption he won't be back this year (nor should he).

I agree. Lost season already. Useless to play him, but to say he's injured is treating the fans as stupid.

bklynspursfan
01-17-2018, 03:08 PM

dbreiden83080
01-17-2018, 03:09 PM

He’s 26

Your quitting on him. Top 3 MVP last year..

szkorhetz
01-17-2018, 03:11 PM
Clean the house, TBH.
Tank for Doncic

daslicer
01-17-2018, 03:11 PM
He’s 26

He's a doom and gloom poster.

bklynspursfan
01-17-2018, 03:12 PM

I never once heard it was a 'short term' thing. I kept hearing it was a different type of injury they hadn't seen before and they really weren't sure how long he'd be out, and people were pissed they didn't have a timeline for Kawhi's return. If you have quotes to disprove that, I'd love to see, cause either i'm misremembering, or you are just putting out some fake/random stuff from PATFO

SAGirl
01-17-2018, 03:12 PM
Could be but not once did we see Kawhi limp or anything, except for that one when he was climbing the stairs to board the plane. He runs, he blocks, he steals, he scores. No proof.

He warmed up before Monday's loss in Atlanta hoping to finally clear that hurdle. He could not.
"He didn't feel right," Popovich said. "So I told him to just sit."
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/article/Spurs-shutting-down-Kawhi-Leonard-indefinitely-12504542.php

Robz4000
01-17-2018, 03:14 PM
He’s 26

I don't care about his age, I care about the Spurs putting half their capspace in a player who hasn't been able to stay healthy. He 100% deserves the regular max.

peacemaker885
01-17-2018, 03:15 PM

Its all according to PATFO.

Look, believe what you want. More power to you.

coachmac87
01-17-2018, 03:19 PM
Whn & how did this injury even fuckn happen!?!?

Over compensation of ankle injury.

Quad tendon injury is a 4-6 month injury. Spurs tried their best to “manage” injury but obviously injury needs more time and rehab. It’s a risk you take when you try to compete for a chance to contend.

Russ
01-17-2018, 03:20 PM
The problem is the only info available is filtered through the Spurs FO.

No one knows whether things will be okay or not. Or whether anyone else knows.

Some investigative reporting is in order -- but just be ready to move to another media market if you actually get the scoop.

lefty20
01-17-2018, 03:50 PM
PATFO needs to quit playing their CIA games and just announce that he's out for the entire fucking season.

Stabula
01-17-2018, 03:52 PM
You kids know that indefinite doesn't mean forever right? I know most of you are emotionally weak and poorly educated but all it means is theres still an issue and they're uncertain of when is wise to bring him back. There is certainly cause for concern due to the lingering nature of the injury but there's no reason to believe his career is over or he's done for the season. Grow some balls until we find out more.

spurraider21
01-17-2018, 03:52 PM
what sucks is having him in and out of the lineup really fucks with the team chemistry. there was such an obvious adjustment period his first couple of games back.

bklynspursfan
01-17-2018, 04:01 PM
You kids know that indefinite doesn't mean forever right? I know most of you are emotionally weak and poorly educated but all it means is theres still an issue and they're uncertain of when is wise to bring him back. There is certainly cause for concern due to the lingering nature of the injury but there's no reason to believe his career is over or he's done for the season. Grow some balls until we find out more.

Agreed. Indefinite could mean 1 week, could mean 2 weeks. Maybe a month... It's definitely concerning, but i just hope at the very least he can be back at least 1-2 months prior to the post-season so we can develop some chemistry.

r0drig0lac
01-17-2018, 04:05 PM

relax, Spurstalk lives a parallel world
Spurs could probably get Tatum + Jaylen + 2 lottery pick from Ainge at that time just by saying the words Kawhi and available

SAGirl
01-17-2018, 04:06 PM

The Kiwi supermax extension vs this injury conjecture has already started.

LkrFan
01-17-2018, 04:07 PM

That would be turrible :(

TheGreatYacht
01-17-2018, 04:14 PM
Rest up for the Lakers, Kawhi. We weren't going to do shit this year anyways with the worst roster since 1996/97

SAGirl
01-17-2018, 04:15 PM

TheGreatYacht
01-17-2018, 04:20 PM
It's not even funny how far this team is free falling at this point. Can't beat the shit Lakers or Hawks and they probably won't beat the Nets.

This paper tiger roster could only put bandaids on the cracks for so long. Fuck RC Drunkford.

BatManu20
01-17-2018, 04:20 PM

That 50-win Seasons streak in serious jeopardy. Not that it really matters. But still.

Dex
01-17-2018, 04:34 PM
https://m.popkey.co/88908e/87wQl.gif

NASpurs
01-17-2018, 04:39 PM
:lol I don't even know what to think anymore with Kawhi out. It's not like a trade is going to save this season. And then you have a lot of questions in the offseason.

Is it too early for Robz4000's offseason thread yet?

Robz4000
01-17-2018, 04:45 PM
:lol I don't even know what to think anymore with Kawhi out. It's not like a trade is going to save this season. And then you have a lot of questions in the offseason.

Is it too early for Robz4000's offseason thread yet?

Someone started one a month ago iirc.

Splits
01-17-2018, 04:48 PM

Ice009
01-17-2018, 04:50 PM

There were posters here saying it was a prank when Kawhi looked like an 80 yr old going up a few stairs back in November. At the time, I said some fans were just in denial, but I really didn't see this like Robz did. He was the one who said he would be shut down for the season eventually. I had hope.

What about the past game against Atlanta when Kawhi thought he was playing? Didn't a media member ask him about MLK day and he said he was looking forward to playing on MLK day. I didn't see the interview, but someone here mentioned it. That sounded more like Pop shutting him down than Kawhi shutting himself down.

The question I've been asking is who has been shutting him down for the majority of the time since the initial injury? Is it the Spurs or Kawhi himself? I thought it was the Spurs. I'd love to know if Kawhi in the one that is ruling himself out at the last minute all the time.

It's time the SA media get off their freaking asses and start asking serious questions about it. Fans need to not buy tickets either. The Spurs need to learn to be more forthright with their fans that are paying for the tickets to the games. I want to know if it's Kawhi that's being soft, or if it's the Spurs that have mishandled the diagnosis and/or rehabilitation.

Freaking season could very well unofficially be over now, and I'm not happy about it. He had all off-season to get this right. How the heck did he end up here?

YGWHI
01-17-2018, 04:50 PM

In last two weeks, this team couldn't beat Blazers w/o Lillard, Lakers, Hawks...

I wouldn't worry about top rivals, this team can't afford to lose against below .50 teams.

If the Spurs win the games they have to... they'll be fine.

SpursforSix
01-17-2018, 04:52 PM
Maybe he has Benjamin Button syndrome, but in reverse, and super aggressive, so that he gets really really old year-to-year

That's called, "Progeria".

cd98
01-17-2018, 04:55 PM
Tank. Spurs are unwatchable without Kawhi except for the 10-15 minutes that Manu plays.

SAGirl
01-17-2018, 05:03 PM
What about the past game against Atlanta when Kawhi thought he was playing? Didn't a media member ask him about MLK day and he said he was looking forward to playing on MLK day. I didn't see the interview, but someone here mentioned it. That sounded more like Pop shutting him down than Kawhi shutting himself down.

The question I've been asking is who has been shutting him down for the majority of the time since the initial injury? Is it the Spurs or Kawhi himself? I thought it was the Spurs. I'd love to know if Kawhi in the one that is ruling himself out at the last minute all the time.

It's time the SA media get off their freaking asses and start asking serious questions about it. Fans need to not buy tickets either. The Spurs need to learn to be more forthright with their fans that are paying for the tickets to the games. I want to know if it's Kawhi that's being soft, or if it's the Spurs that have mishandled the diagnosis and/or rehabilitation.

Freaking season could very well unofficially be over now, and I'm not happy about it. He had all off-season to get this right. How the heck did he end up here?
I didn't see the interview.. but it doesn't go against what was said today. He warmed up b4 that game and he wasn't in any injury list. It would be the first time he would play without 2 days of rest in between ifrc... Instead, Kawhi didn't feel well and told Pop. He was sat and that was all there was basically. From there they decided to sit him out indefinitely bc his injury hasn't responded to their protocols as well as they hoped. My guess is he still can't play a game going all out without feeling the day after like someone hit him with a hammer in the thigh and it's irresponsible to continue to push him to return to a full time play schedule like we all want while he's not fully healed.

So here we are.

MultiTroll
01-17-2018, 05:05 PM
Didn't post it so feel free to call b.s. but I felt all along Kwa was gonna be out all year/huge portion of year.

Fuck what a beautiful year to tanked, not did the idiotic Mills and Pau etc and have tons of cap space for summer 2018.
I'll bet even LeBron would have considered one year of Spurs for a chance to beat the Golden Uber Phaggots.

YGWHI
01-17-2018, 05:10 PM
what sucks is having him in and out of the lineup really fucks with the team chemistry. there was such an obvious adjustment period his first couple of games back.

In last three Kawhi's games it seemed that they started building chemistry...

In the game against Denver, Phoenix and NY, we could see these guys starting to work as a team...

Obviously Kawhi wasn't himself but at 60-70% still looked good and helped to win those games.

His 26.59 PER ranks 6th. His rebounds, steals and blocks per 36' this season were even better than last season.

It's sad. I really thought he was improving in the last games.

Dex
01-17-2018, 05:18 PM
In last three Kawhi's games it seemed that they started building chemistry...

In the game against Denver, Phoenix and NY, we could see these guys starting to work as a team...

Obviously Kawhi wasn't himself but at 60-70% still looked good and helped to win those games.

His 26.59 PER ranks 6th. His rebounds, steals and blocks per 36' this season were even better than last season.

It's sad. I really thought he was improving in the last games.

It's a gut punch, to be sure. The one silver lining to the "injury management" stuff was that we could hope to see a healthy Kawhi on the other side of it.

Now we won't see him at all for weeks, if not months. And there is no guarantee he comes back to 100% this season.

Not to mention we have two other key contributors down again with Gasol and Gay.

This season is something else...

YGWHI
01-17-2018, 05:20 PM

"He's given it a shot. He's frustrated as hell. He wants to play badly. But if we're going to err, we're going to do it on the side of health and being wise."
Leonard has yet to play on less than two days rest this season.
He warmed up before Monday's loss in Atlanta hoping to finally clear that hurdle. He could not. "He didn't feel right," Popovich said. "So I told him to just sit."

The decision to shut Leonard down was a collaborative one between the coaching staff, medical team, and rehabilitation staff, with input from Leonard himself.

"I'm probably more conservative than most," Popovich said, "but the trainers, the rehab people, the doctors, the coaches, we all talked about this for a long time.

YGWHI
01-17-2018, 05:29 PM
I still think they can get 50 this season

Also, if they face Denver/Utah/Clips in first round, I can see the Spurs beating them without Kawhi.

Some players will get better on court, others will get fully recovered like Danny Manu Parker...

Their margin for error is very minimal now but they have vets that know how deal with these situations...I still think they will be fine.

spurraider21
01-17-2018, 05:29 PM
no, no. pop should force him to play 40 minutes today

DPG21920
01-17-2018, 05:37 PM
I really don’t think the Spurs can tank. I mean it’s possible (especially with another key injury and Kawhi possibly being out a long time) that they miss the playoffs, but I find it highly unlikely

They can’t truly tank. Not like they will get a top 10 pick. They are on pace for over 50 wins already without Kawhi the majority of the time and many of the losses have come with trying to integrate Kawhi back.

With knowing he may be out and the defense still being solid I don’t think they can tank.

YGWHI
01-17-2018, 05:39 PM
no, no. pop should force him to play 40 minutes today
That's stupid in regular season.

But it would have been nice to see Pop playing a healthy Kawhi at least more than 35 mpg in 2016 OKC series. And Danny Green, too.

When you look at the stats and see how badly the Spurs were outplayed without him, you already know that Pop made a big mistake.

YGWHI
01-17-2018, 05:46 PM
many of the losses have come with trying to integrate Kawhi back
Against Dallas and Utah I agree.
But in last four losses vs Blazers Philly Lakers Hawks, he didn't even play. We have to admit most guys underperforming in those games, Kawhi had nothing to do with it.

With knowing he may be out and the defense still being solid I don’t think they can tank.
They won't.

phxspurfan
01-17-2018, 05:49 PM
This is by far the season I have watched least between the complete mismanagement of the offseason and all the injuries plus the inevitability of a Golden State repeat. I watched the team way more back in 96-97. This just feels like a lost season period for the NBA. The only teams I ever find worth watching (outside of the Spurs for homer reasons) are Golden State and Boston.

Minny is pretty good now, you won't root for them to give the Rockettes/Dubs a run (if the Spurs are out of the playoffs by then)?

TD 21
01-17-2018, 05:50 PM
Mostly strayed from commenting because it's not my style to play doctor, but had the feeling from the beginning that this was going to derail his and their season.

I don't care about his age, I care about the Spurs putting half their capspace in a player who hasn't been able to stay healthy. He 100% deserves the regular max.

At least 90% of the cap has to be spent, they can't attract superstars and the few stars who might be available in the near future either make no sense, they'd be hard pressed to acquire or a combination thereof. So it can either go to a collection of role players who don't move the needle or they can hope that a top 3 player, who hasn't torn anything, can stay relatively healthy. I'm going to go out on a limb and say go with the latter.

Dex
01-17-2018, 05:51 PM
I really don’t think the Spurs can tank. I mean it’s possible (especially with another key injury and Kawhi possibly being out a long time) that they miss the playoffs, but I find it highly unlikely

They can’t truly tank. Not like they will get a top 10 pick. They are on pace for over 50 wins already without Kawhi the majority of the time and many of the losses have come with trying to integrate Kawhi back.

Tanking is out of the question. Even if the Spurs did a complete 180 and started tanking today, they still have enough talent on the roster that they would end up winning another dozen games or so, which would only be good enough for a mid-to-late lottery pick. They've already won too many games to even be in that conversation.

Not only that, but you risk alienating Aldridge and Pau, who both want to play for contending teams. Whether you agree with their contracts or not, the Spurs need them...now, and for the immediate future. Trading either one right now would basically be hitting the reset button.

Just gotta accept it for what it is, which is a shitty luck season, and hope to make the most of it.

DPG21920
01-17-2018, 05:58 PM
Against Dallas and Utah I agree.
But in last four losses vs Blazers Philly Lakers Hawks, he didn't even play. We have to admit most guys underperforming in those games, Kawhi had nothing to do with it.

They won't.

Integrating Kawhi back is not just about the games he plays. It’s about they rhythm being off, lineups changed from night to night, etc.. Ripple effect. Especially with a high usage player.

sasaint
01-17-2018, 06:03 PM

The Kiwi supermax extension vs this injury conjecture has already started.

With good reason. I am with Leetonidas on this one. Spurs need to put out some feelers but maintain some sort of deniability. I am very concerned about the prospect of signing any player to a supermax who has missed this much time to injury.

koriwhat
01-17-2018, 06:13 PM
sucks to see a talent like kawhi having to sit at the end of the bench in a suit.

DPG21920
01-17-2018, 06:13 PM
Well, IMO, speaking just contractually this is the ONLY shot SA had to get Kawhi cheaper than Super Max. Of course it would be better if he were just healthy and playing - it would be a no-brainer then.

But if this somehow temporarily depresses his value for SA to sign him below super max and he rebounds normally could wind up being a blessing.

Now, having said that, it’s still very unlikely that Kawhi does not get the SM, but this at least cracks the door open to the possibility he does not.

Robz4000
01-17-2018, 06:24 PM
Mostly strayed from commenting because it's not my style to play doctor, but had the feeling from the beginning that this was going to derail his and their season.

At least 90% of the cap has to be spent, they can't attract superstars and the few stars who might be available in the near future either make no sense, they'd be hard pressed to acquire or a combination thereof. So it can either go to a collection of role players who don't move the needle or they can hope that a top 3 player, who hasn't torn anything, can stay relatively healthy. I'm going to go out on a limb and say go with the latter.

Like I said earlier, there are teams out there desperate to change their fortunes that could be willing to give up a top pick in this upcoming draft and a nice prospect ala the Kings. There are 5-7 legit stars in the draft that would fit well with Murray's timeline (if there is one for him) which, combined with another good piece and the fact the Dubs won't be going away for another 3+ years, would be a fine consolation prize.

bklynspursfan
01-17-2018, 06:30 PM

Way to cherry pick lol you didnt bold where Kawhi said he didn't feel right Monday

TD 21
01-17-2018, 06:30 PM
Like I said earlier, there are teams out there desperate to change their fortunes that could be willing to give up a top pick in this upcoming draft and a nice prospect ala the Kings. There are 5-7 legit stars in the draft that would fit well with Murray's timeline (if there is one for him) which, combined with another good piece and the fact the Dubs won't be going away for another 3+ years, would be a fine consolation prize.

Odds are overwhelming that none of the players in this draft become someone good enough to be the best player on a championship team. Suffice it to say, that's the most difficult and important piece to attain, especially so for a non destination city. Even if the pick becomes an All-Star, the other piece a starter and Murray one as well, that team has no chance of contending for a championship. Put the right piece(s) around this one and it does.

marinoman
01-17-2018, 06:38 PM
According to McDonald pop said he expects leonard to play again this season
https://mobile.twitter.com/JMcDonald_SAEN/status/953771214610280454

Robz4000
01-17-2018, 06:42 PM
Odds are overwhelming that none of the players in this draft become someone good enough to be the best player on a championship team. Suffice it to say, that's the most difficult and important piece to attain, especially so for a non destination city. Even if the pick becomes an All-Star, the other piece a starter and Murray one as well, that team has no chance of contending for a championship. Put the right piece(s) around this one and it does.

Yet the Spurs might never be able to put the right pieces around Kawhi because of the existence of Golden State and that they might not exist; it really is difficult to build a team around an SF as your best player (Lebron notwithstanding). At least if you acquire a Doncic/Bamba/Bagley/Ayton you give yourself a good shot down the road, especially if Murray pans out.

That doesn't even get into the obvious health concerns that prompt this hesitance to give him the supermax.

MaNu4Tres
01-17-2018, 06:43 PM
According to McDonald pop said he expects leonard to play again this season
https://mobile.twitter.com/JMcDonald_SAEN/status/953771214610280454

Just like they expected Kawhi to be back "sooner rather than later" 2 months ago....

tholdren
01-17-2018, 06:43 PM
the guy can't heal a fucking quad in half a year.

Needs more rest

ducks
01-17-2018, 06:50 PM
Green mills for someone

TD 21
01-17-2018, 07:01 PM
Yet the Spurs might never be able to put the right pieces around Kawhi because of the existence of Golden State and that they might not exist; it really is difficult to build a team around an SF as your best player (Lebron notwithstanding). At least if you acquire a Doncic/Bamba/Bagley/Ayton you give yourself a good shot down the road, especially if Murray pans out.

That doesn't even get into the obvious health concerns that prompt this hesitance to give him the supermax.

True and yet it's still a no brainer to retain the top 3 player at all costs because that's the requisite starting point for a contender and it's almost impossible to attain. Big wings are where the game is at. They're now the easiest to build a championship contender around. The issue with Leonard is his lack of play making but in this era everyone needs a second perimeter star anyway.

r0drig0lac
01-17-2018, 07:05 PM

what? this is the position of the best players in the league
Lebron Durant Kawhi Giannis even Butler, only exception is .... well ... the best shooter all time

Robz4000
01-17-2018, 07:10 PM
what? this is the position of the best players in the league
Lebron Durant Kawhi Giannis even Butler, this one exception is .... well ... the best shooter all time

LeBron is the obvious exception, but the rest aren't close to winning a title (Butlet, Antetokounmpo) or are on a stacked team that would win it all without him (Dominos). Kawhi is tricky in that he impacts the court at such a high level on both ends similarly to LeBron but just isn't as physically dominant or as great of a playmaker. If he could stay healthy I'd definitely say he's worth the supermax but I just don't think he can.

SpurPadre
01-17-2018, 07:13 PM
https://images.moviepilot.com/images/c_fill,h_206,w_480/t_mp_quality_gif/bifjt57kw0x6qdbjmjax/did-kevin-s-father-die-in-the-accident-david-survived-1310038.jpg

NASpurs
01-17-2018, 07:20 PM
KSAT posted a video of Kawhi arriving in SA airport for treatment

https://www.ksat.com/web/ksat/sports/nba/spurs/video-kawhi-leonard-arrives-back-in-san-antonio-for-treatment

TD 21
01-17-2018, 07:26 PM
LeBron is the obvious exception, but the rest aren't close to winning a title (Butlet, Antetokounmpo) or are on a stacked team that would win it all without him (Dominos). Kawhi is tricky in that he impacts the court at such a high level on both ends similarly to LeBron but just isn't as physically dominant or as great of a playmaker. If he could stay healthy I'd definitely say he's worth the supermax but I just don't think he can.

Everyone not named Warriors is not close to winning a title, but arguably 4 of the top 5 (wouldn't put Antetokounmpo in it, but some would) and 6 (Butler, George) of the top 20 players are listed as SF's. Granted, James is really a PG on offense and Durant, Antetokounmpo and him are really combo forwards defensively.

tholdren
01-17-2018, 07:33 PM
q

https://www.ksat.com/web/ksat/sports/nba/spurs/video-kawhi-leonard-arrives-back-in-san-antonio-for-treatment
Todays nba. Where you miss half the season for quad tightness

r0drig0lac
01-17-2018, 07:36 PM

If this is how you rate the players, then you have Durant Lebron Curry and no one else, deny the impact of Giannis is silly, by all metrics (st loves advanced stats) and stats, he is one of the players with more impact inside the court

Proxy
01-17-2018, 07:46 PM
crazy that no one is putting the pieces together yet

sign Kawhi for less than supermax to afford future FAs due to injury prone label, Pop gets COY for keeping team in top 4 seeds without star player and co

CIA Pop tbh, at his best

Robz4000
01-17-2018, 07:50 PM
If this is how you rate the players, then you have Durant Lebron Curry and no one else, deny the impact of Giannis is silly, by all metrics (st loves advanced stats) and stats, he is one of the players with more impact inside the court

Antetokounmpo can't shoot, and that will severely hamper any team he is on until he learns to do so. His defense also isn't that great when you consider his physical tools.

bklynspursfan
01-17-2018, 07:58 PM
Just like they expected Kawhi to be back "sooner rather than later" 2 months ago....

He was back a month later when they said that. I guess it wasn't too much off considering all the ?s on the whole situation

dbreiden83080
01-17-2018, 07:59 PM

He is not a player that will be hot on the trade market right now with this season.. But lets keep perspective he is a top 3 MVP candidate when he is healthy. The dude was amazing all year last year and was kicking the shit out of GS in the playoffs until a cheap shot..

Now he has 1 year fully locked in with the Spurs, so he needs to come back, be healthy and get back to that level. If he is injury prone again, he won't be getting any kind of max from anyone.

mexicanjunior
01-17-2018, 08:10 PM
Fuck this...trade Kawhi and tank this shit season...

YGWHI
01-17-2018, 08:15 PM
Way to cherry pick lol you didnt bold where Kawhi said he didn't feel right Monday
I replied to a guy asking if Kawhi's "soft" "doesn't want to play"...I bold the part that answers his questions

dbreiden83080
01-17-2018, 08:18 PM
sucks to see a talent like kawhi having to sit at the end of the bench in a suit.

This shit is reminding me of Penny Hardaway. And it is scary..

hater
01-17-2018, 08:20 PM
Poor bastard was limping even to the toilet

r0drig0lac
01-17-2018, 08:20 PM
Antetokounmpo can't shoot, and that will severely hamper any team he is on until he learns to do so. His defense also isn't that great when you consider his physical tools.

his defense (especially his help defense) is absolutely ELITE when you consider .... ANY ACTIVE BASKETBALL PLAYER, and about "can not shoot" he is a guy who has a TS% of .610 and FG% .550, which means you have two options: defend it without double and he will score on you or go to the free throw line, or duplicate and leave someone free, then your lack of shooting ONLY will hurt if your teammates can not make your open shots

loveforthegame
01-17-2018, 08:23 PM
Fuck this season. :pctoss

Slippy
01-17-2018, 08:26 PM
2 things. Not the spurs fault . The game time decisions to pull him out was because Kawai wasnt feeling right. Not pops.

Second, by doing the indefinate route . You not giving fans that were planning on attending games the false hope that Kawai was playing. Also the team chemistry aspect as spurs raider alluded to would be on the coaches minds. Inserting a guy who takes a big chunk of your offense every third game or so is massively disrupting to the team.

My positive spin. I dont think Kawai is write off at all. The spurs are thinking lets wait till hes 100percent before coming back. NONE of this half hearted game time decision BS.

YGWHI
01-17-2018, 08:38 PM
If he could stay healthy I'd definitely say he's worth the supermax but I just don't think he can.

People said the same about Curry just a few years ago.

The same with KD and Russ after the six surgeries they needed...KD had 3 just in his foot

Don't be silly to say cold, gastroenteritis, dental procedure, pink eye are basketball injuries.

Kawhi had only two injuries that made him to miss +10 games in seven years. Broken hand and this quad injury.

About hands...He didn't have a surgery, he got fully recovered and shot 50-44-87 in 2016 so it didn't affect his shooting form at all.

He has only one injury that seems very problematic but again I wouldn't call Curry/Russ/KD injury-prone these days.

bklynspursfan
01-17-2018, 08:45 PM
I replied to a guy asking if Kawhi's "soft" "doesn't want to play"...I bold the part that answers his questions

Ah my bad. I didn't see the multiquote, just saw mine. There's a lot of (as usual)blame game stuff happening

ElNono
01-17-2018, 08:51 PM
Gotta call out ElNono here too. :lol

why? the only thing I said was that the Spurs needed to talk straight about Kawhi's injury, not the BS that he's 'probable' then gets pulled after warmups. That's a shitty bait and switch for the fans.

This is the right thing to do, IMO

YGWHI
01-17-2018, 08:53 PM
Ah my bad. I didn't see the multiquote, just saw mine.
All fine.

spurraider21
01-17-2018, 08:54 PM
why? the only thing I said was that the Spurs needed to talk straight about Kawhi's injury, not the BS that he's 'probable' then gets pulled after warmups. That's a shitty bait and switch for the fans.

lol snowflake

ElNono
01-17-2018, 08:55 PM
IMO, TBH, what's even more sad is that we still have LMA, but the overall consensus is that's a lost season :lol

dbreiden83080
01-17-2018, 09:01 PM
People said the same about Curry just a few years ago.

The same with KD and Russ after the six surgeries they needed...KD had 3 just in his foot

Don't be silly to say cold, gastroenteritis, dental procedure, pink eye are basketball injuries.

Kawhi had only two injuries that made him to miss +10 games in seven years. Broken hand and this quad injury.

About hands...He didn't have a surgery, he got fully recovered and shot 50-44-87 in 2016 so it didn't affect his shooting form at all.

He has only one injury that seems very problematic but again I wouldn't call Curry/Russ/KD injury-prone these days.

Exactly.. With his upside being so huge, you have to wait and see and hope for the best. You are not getting anything for him in a trade that could meet the potential of what this man is capable of doing.

UZER
01-17-2018, 09:08 PM
Kawhi is not right. You can tell when he goes rim, he doesn't plant hard. It's only about 65%. He has very little lift, and when he does plant hard it, he lands gingerly and doesn't sprint back hard. It's a slow run.

Now with that said, he's either ready to come back and play serious minutes, or sit his ass on the bench. There is a 2-4 game initial feel out period, but after that, you're either good to go and the minutes start increasing, or your not ready. Babying him for a month while playing live nba games is dumb.

dabom
01-17-2018, 09:08 PM

You always go on and on about Pop babying Kawhi and not playing him starter minutes right off the bat. :lol

Nice deflect though.

davidbowie
01-17-2018, 09:17 PM
should we tank the rest of the season

SAGirl
01-17-2018, 09:21 PM
Edit wrong thread

spurs10
01-17-2018, 09:39 PM
Really horrible news! At least fans buying tickets will know he’s not playing....some silver lining eh?

DPG21920
01-17-2018, 09:43 PM
IMO, TBH, what's even more sad is that we still have LMA, but the overall consensus is that's a lost season :lol

Son, when HOU lost Harden, they still had CP3 and have lost a ton of games. You take of Lebron and CLE isn’t a playoff team in the East and they still have Love.

Without Kawhi for all but 9 games LMA is leading this team to another 50+ wins and has them in the top 3 in the West. SA fans are pessimistic and really ungrateful IMO.

SA is definitely making lemonade from a bad situation.

Leetonidas
01-17-2018, 09:43 PM
I have tickets to see them against Philly next week. Shoulda known Kawhi would be out

DieHardSpursFan1537
01-17-2018, 09:49 PM
What a fucking disaster this season has been. The front-office has been dead quiet on any details regarding how this whole debacle started. Kawhi made out of fucking glass smhhh

DieHardSpursFan1537
01-17-2018, 09:50 PM
should we tank the rest of the season
Yes. May as well just tank to the 7th or 8th seed and let the Warriors rape us.

cd98
01-17-2018, 09:53 PM
Son, when HOU lost Harden, they still had CP3 and have lost a ton of games. You take of Lebron and CLE isn’t a playoff team in the East and they still have Love.

Without Kawhi for all but 9 games LMA is leading this team to another 50+ wins and has them in the top 3 in the West. SA fans are pessimistic and really ungrateful IMO.

Wont matter if they win 50 games and lose in the 1st round.

DPG21920
01-17-2018, 09:54 PM
Wont matter if they win 50 games and lose in the 1st round.

Uh ok. What are they supposed to do? Make Kawhi magically heal? If Harden goes down, HOU is out in the first round. If Lebron goes down, CLE is out of the playoffs. LMA has them doing better than any other team besides GS would do if they lost their Kawhi level player.

ElNono
01-17-2018, 09:59 PM
You always go on and on about Pop babying Kawhi and not playing him starter minutes right off the bat. :lol

Nice deflect though.

If he's cleared to play by the medical staff, he should play all the mins needed. Otherwise, he's not healthy enough to play. What's so complicated about that?

Clearly he's not healthy, so they should just shut him down.

ElNono
01-17-2018, 10:00 PM

there's also that thing about LMA really shrinking in the playoffs, tbh... but yeah, he's had a heck of a regular season so far, IMO

DPG21920
01-17-2018, 10:02 PM
there's also that thing about LMA really shrinking in the playoffs, tbh... but yeah, he's had a heck of a regular season so far, IMO

GS makes a lot of people shrink tbh...But I remember with no Kawhi LMA put HOU in the grave.

dabom
If he's cleared to play by the medical staff, he should play all the mins needed. Otherwise, he's not healthy enough to play. What's so complicated about that?

Clearly he's not healthy, so they should just shut him down.

This is sports brah. :lol

You should know from any sport, that coming back from injury, you play less minutes. :lol

Obviously you need to understand that aspect of sports. :lol

ElNono
GS makes a lot of people shrink tbh...But I remember with no Kawhi LMA put HOU in the grave.

And he's been way better than last season, tbh... he just needs to figure out that matchup...

ElNono
01-17-2018, 10:04 PM
This is sports brah. :lol

You should know from any sport, that coming back from injury, you play less minutes. :lol

Obviously you need to understand that aspect of sports. :lol

brah, I'm watching the same sports are you are, and Poop is the only one micromanaging this injury recovery shit... :lol

And at the end of the day, all that rest, was for naught.... he should just stop pretending he controls something he does not.

dabom
01-17-2018, 10:05 PM
brah, I'm watching the same sports are you are, and Poop is the only one micromanaging this injury recovery shit... :lol

And at the end of the day, all that rest, was for naught.... he should just stop pretending he controls something he does not.

Thanks for proving my point. :lol

ElNono
01-17-2018, 10:06 PM
Thanks for proving my point. :lol

:lol so why do you bring me up? My beef is with Poop, and this thread proves my point nicely... all that micromanaging was for shit

dabom
01-17-2018, 10:07 PM
:lol so why do you bring me up? My beef is with Poop, and this thread proves my point nicely... all that micromanaging was for shit

Obviously when you wanted him to play more minutes, that was the wrong option. :lol

Facts.

ElNono
01-17-2018, 10:10 PM
Obviously when you wanted him to play more minutes, that was the wrong option. :lol

Facts.

I don't want him to play at all if he can't play as much as we need him to play. That micromanaging stuff was clearly incorrect, seeing that he's still not healthy...

Whoever told Poop he could play was obviously wrong.

Facts.

dabom
01-17-2018, 10:10 PM
I don't want him to play at all if he can't play as much as we need him to play. That micromanaging stuff was clearly incorrect, seeing that he's still not healthy...

Facts.

Still makes you wrong. Facts. :lol

DPG21920
01-17-2018, 10:11 PM
What do you know - NO just lost to ATL (fully healthy I might add. I guess they suck. I guess MINNY sucks. Everyone sucks)

ElNono
01-17-2018, 10:12 PM
Still makes you wrong. Facts. :lol

Nope, it makes me completely right :lol

And lol @ those sperm shielding Poop with all that rest micromanaging nonsense. This team rests probably more than any other and they've been hurt all season long. :lol

dabom
01-17-2018, 10:13 PM
Nope, it makes me completely right :lol

And lol @ those sperm shielding Poop with all that rest micromanaging nonsense. This team rests probably more than any other and they've been hurt all season long. :lol

Nah, but keep trying. :tu

ElNono
01-17-2018, 10:15 PM
:lol everybody reads these threads, that's why just saying "you're wrong" without backing it up doesn't cut it, tbh...

I made my point though...

dabom
01-17-2018, 10:16 PM
:lol everybody reads these threads, that's why just saying "you're wrong" without backing it up doesn't cut it, tbh...

I made my point though...

And you advocated more minutes for Kawhi. Obviously that was the wrong option. You can't make this shit up. :lol

YGWHI
01-17-2018, 10:17 PM
Thanks to Nene injury and D'Antoni stupidity...Finally his Harden on LMA strategy worked well for us.

Anyway, he's better offensively than any big the Spurs will face in first round but AD/Boogie. He'll be fine in playoffs.

ElNono
01-17-2018, 10:17 PM
And you advocated more minutes for Kawhi. Obviously that was the wrong option. You can't make this shit up. :lol

It was under the rationale he was healthy. He clearly was not and shouldn't have played at all.

There, point made. :lol

DAF86
01-17-2018, 10:18 PM
Thanks to Nene injury and D'Antoni stupidity...Finally his Harden on LMA strategy worked well for us.

Anyway, he's better offensively than any big the Spurs will face in first round but AD/Boogie. Just avoid the Pels and he'll be fine in playoffs.

Without Kawhi we are first round fodder.

dabom
01-17-2018, 10:19 PM
It was under the rationale he was healthy. He clearly was not and shouldn't have played at all.

There, point made. :lol

We good now. :tu

YGWHI
01-17-2018, 10:22 PM
Without Kawhi we are first round fodder.
We'll see.

ElNono
01-17-2018, 10:23 PM
Depending on the matchup, I'll call it 2nd round fodder, tbh

tbdog
01-17-2018, 10:24 PM
Is this another heart thing that lma got? He was out indefinitely then was back a few games later.

Hoops Czar
01-17-2018, 10:33 PM

That would be Kawhi.

Facts.

SAGirl
01-17-2018, 10:38 PM
What do you know - NO just lost to ATL (fully healthy I might add. I guess they suck. I guess MINNY sucks. Everyone sucks)
Spurs looked horrible against NO... Boogie and AD destroyed them, but then again, Pop insisted on matching up Joff with Boogie... so :lmao

In part it's difficult to even get a grasp for this teams losses bc the lineups have changed so much.

John B
01-17-2018, 11:01 PM
And LMA scored 34 points. It’s not all what it seems. Spurs will have Kawhi when he is 100% at the playoffs, and the rest of the young players get valuable minutes. Go Spurs Go :flag:

spursistan
01-17-2018, 11:34 PM
Depressing, though it was totally expected.

When your health projection becomes an easy call for the random fan on messagebaord—basically a dozen of posters here thought Kawhi would eventually be shut down for the season after he comes back— it means that we are dangerously close to the AD/Derrick Rose territory: players who you are not sure will finish the year playing basketball..

I would be shocked if Kawhi suits up again this season. It is the standard procedure in this case: look for the dreaded Woj tweet around All Star weekend to pop up on your phone reading “ out for rest of season.. has opted for surgery..” ..

It is a lost season, but a difficult decision ahead. Giving Kawhi the supermax is suddenly a big gamble. His lack of durability/availability is well established and beyond any doubt.

For the first time, the Spurs would have the obligation to start listening to trade talks/overtures on Kawhi. I’m sure at least there will be a FO contingent plan drawn soon dealing with the possibility of moving on without him in the future..

The only silver lining is they got snake-bitten in a season they where they had a negligible chance at a championship..

YGWHI
01-18-2018, 12:00 AM
“ has opted for surgery..”
Surgery for a non-quad tendon rupture...

His lack of durability/availability is well established and beyond any doubt...I’m sure at least there will be a FO contingent plan drawn soon dealing with the possibility of moving on without him in the future..

If only Warriors would have traded Curry when his "lack of durability was well established and beyond any doubt" after multiple anke's surgeries just a few years ago...

The ignorance of the masses.

SAGirl
01-18-2018, 12:09 AM
The only silver lining is they got snake-bitten in a season they where they had a negligible chance at a championship..
There’s no silver lining... Only silver lining is the Spurs RFA have a good chance to make themselves known to get paid this offseason, probably by someone else.

Play Boban
01-18-2018, 12:30 AM

cjw
01-18-2018, 12:47 AM
If there was no hope, the Spurs wouldn’t be sending smoke and mirrors that he should be back during the regular season. The goal is to get him to as close to 100% by the playoffs as possible. That’s literally all that matters, as they’re not missing the playoffs.

If the playoffs were today, he’d be suiting up every game. No doubt about it.

LittleCriminal
01-18-2018, 01:01 AM

And we already have one of those guys...Anderson.

Robz4000
01-18-2018, 01:09 AM
And we already have one of those guys...Anderson.

Think they'd give us Antetokounmpo for Fathead?

LittleCriminal
01-18-2018, 01:10 AM
Think they'd give us Antetokounmpo for Fathead?

if the bucks front office had mental retardation they might..

LittleCriminal
01-18-2018, 01:12 AM
no team would give the spurs anything of value for Mr 30 minutes no stats Anderson.

SAGirl
01-18-2018, 02:31 AM
I think the little troll has jinxed every other SF/wing on the team.
the more he trolls the more all other wings are getting injured.:wakeup

At this rate Rudy’s other Achilles is going to explode too

:sleep

Anyways... Pop has finally explained some of what’s been going on with Kawhi and it doesn’t sound good.

After months of rehab and a careful approach with rest games in between, not playing consecutive games, not playing without 2 days rest in between games, etc. he’s still feeling pain and the situation appeared to be worsening, instead of getting better.

Prayers up for Kiwi at this point.

BG_Spurs_Fan
01-18-2018, 03:55 AM
Sucks for Kawhi, hopefully he'll be able to heal and play soon.

Trade deadline is only 3 weeks away, it'll be interesting how the Spurs approach it with all these injuries. Probably a good thing it's earlier than in previous seasons.

LittleCriminal
01-18-2018, 03:56 AM

Anyways... Pop has finally explained some of what’s been going on with Kawhi and it doesn’t sound good.

After months of rehab and a careful approach with rest games in between, not playing consecutive games, not playing without 2 days rest in between games, etc. he’s still feeling pain and the situation appeared to be worsening, instead of getting better.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c9/97/cd/c997cd292857ad2e64a2b488b00609d5.jpg

LittleCriminal
01-18-2018, 04:04 AM
It's weird when Kyle Anderson talks lip to me..
Should be working on his shiity offense and shitty defense..
not posting on spurstalk..

dbreiden83080
01-18-2018, 05:35 AM

And how the hell did he injure this to begin with? He went from an ankle injury and missing the rest of the playoffs, to his off-season routine and suddenly when he hits camp, he can't play because of vague pain in his quad. Pain so bad he was out 3 months. Came back for 9 games here and there and is out again maybe for the season. Weirdest injury I have ever seen.. Who gets hurt like this in the off-season?

tholdren
01-18-2018, 06:37 AM
And how the hell did he injure this to begin with? He went from an ankle injury and missing the rest of the playoffs, to his off-season routine and suddenly when he hits camp, he can't play because of vague pain in his quad. Pain so bad he was out 3 months. Came back for 9 games here and there and is out again maybe for the season. Weirdest injury I have ever seen.. Who gets hurt like this in the off-season?

Amputate

daledondale
01-18-2018, 06:59 AM
We must wait and see. Sucks that takes too long to heal, but i don't thing that he's career is over. Anyway, 'm starting to worry about a injury prone Kawhi.

ernest787
01-18-2018, 08:42 AM
Sorry if anything like this has already been posted but I haven't been able to read the board in a few days and have just a few minutes to post before I have to pretend to work...

Dallas radio host, who is a big spurs fan, just said he spoke to a source he has with in the spurs. This is what he was told about the kawhi injury

- There is serious angst amongst the spurs and kawhi over the injury. Kawhi feels the spurs mishandled the injury last year and is now using his own doctors for treatment

- Because he's not using team doctors the spurs have been silent about him bc they don't have much information themselves and are kinda in the dark

- The reports they have are not good. They are saying it's severe tendinitis and are using words like diseased and degenerative

- There is real fear that kawhi will never be able to play 82 games again and that he will likely deal with this for the rest of his career.

- Finally, he said he was told to expect kawhi to be out at least 4 to 5 weeks this go around.

So yeah. That's the info he dropped. Hes not a random dude and I fully trust he has sources that are in the know on this stuff. If it's all true 5uts super depressing

Dex
01-18-2018, 11:01 AM
Per Pop:

We said indefinite just so that I wouldn't have to keep answering your questions every day.

https://streamable.com/1acwu

SPURt
01-18-2018, 11:25 AM
Sorry if anything like this has already been posted but I haven't been able to read the board in a few days and have just a few minutes to post before I have to pretend to work...

Dallas radio host, who is a big spurs fan, just said he spoke to a source he has with in the spurs. This is what he was told about the kawhi injury

- There is serious angst amongst the spurs and kawhi over the injury. Kawhi feels the spurs mishandled the injury last year and is now using his own doctors for treatment

- Because he's not using team doctors the spurs have been silent about him bc they don't have much information themselves and are kinda in the dark

- The reports they have are not good. They are saying it's severe tendinitis and are using words like diseased and degenerative

- There is real fear that kawhi will never be able to play 82 games again and that he will likely deal with this for the rest of his career.

- Finally, he said he was told to expect kawhi to be out at least 4 to 5 weeks this go around.

So yeah. That's the info he dropped. Hes not a random dude and I fully trust he has sources that are in the know on this stuff. If it's all true 5uts super depressing
I’m not sure there could be a worse report than this

Harry Callahan
01-18-2018, 11:45 AM
The only "Dallas radio Host" that fits this description two posts above is Craig Miller on the Ticket radio station on the 1310 morning show. Can anyone else in the DFW area confirm that Miller stated this on air?

bklynspursfan
01-18-2018, 12:01 PM

I was expecting about a month for Kawhi honestly. Some of this makes sense, especially the part about SA being in the dark, which explains why the Spurs had no timeline and genuinely seemed like they didn't know much, and it wasn't CIA Pop like many here proclaimed.

I'm just thinking if Kawhi felt pain and/or felt it was mishandled, why he didn't consult with his doctor about it last year? And he's been talking like he wanted to come back, especially the quote after the Denver game I think, almost as if he felt the team wasn't playing him enough.

There's probably frustration from both ends at this point. If he can come back and play again, that should hopefully smooth over any angst

bklynspursfan
01-18-2018, 12:02 PM
The only "Dallas radio Host" that fits this description two posts above is Craig Miller on the Ticket radio station on the 1310 morning show. Can anyone else in the DFW area confirm that Miller stated this on air?

Is he legit?

Ice009
01-18-2018, 12:08 PM
I thought Kawhi said he didn't have this injury last season? I don't know who to believe anymore.

BillMc
01-18-2018, 12:11 PM
I thought Kawhi said he didn't have this injury last season? I don't know who to believe anymore.

Why doesn't Wikileaks hack the Spurs servers instead of all this government BS. I want the truth. (Or at least the Kremlin approved truth). :lol

Harry Callahan
01-18-2018, 12:11 PM
Craig Miller is a Spurs fan and his word would carry weight if he actually made these statements. When I have some time this weekend I should be able to track the statement down if it occurred .

SAGirl
01-18-2018, 12:34 PM
Hmmm it wouldn’t surprise if it was indeed severe tendinitis just based on how long it’s taken him to rehab and come back and the fact it recurred as soon as he tried to start playing again. It’s alarming if indeed this is something that’s always going to plague him for his career and that will prevent him from playing a full season. Still tbd

Chomag
01-18-2018, 12:35 PM
If true I can see KL walking away from the Spurs anyway.

TimDunkem
01-18-2018, 12:37 PM
If true I can see KL walking away from the Spurs anyway.

Imo, the only way he retires a Spur will be because of health reasons in the near future. In the end, I think this episode - along with the awful moves the team seems to be making lately - will sway Kawhi to take his talents elsewhere.

spursistan
01-18-2018, 12:49 PM

Better hope this guy is bullshitting; otherwise this is starting to take a really awful turn for the Spurs.

peacemaker885
01-18-2018, 12:50 PM
Maybe ready to eat crow here. If that radio news report is indeed true that Kawhi is using his own doctors then it makes sense that PATFO is in the dark as to his real status.

TheDoctor
01-18-2018, 12:55 PM
Why doesn't Wikileaks hack the Spurs servers instead of all this government BS. I want the truth. (Or at least the Kremlin approved truth). :lol
That would be awesome tbh :lol

TheDoctor
01-18-2018, 12:59 PM

Again?

ernest787
01-18-2018, 01:13 PM
Sorry for the late reply. It was junior Miller that made the statement. It was in the 7am segment this morning. They were talking NBA and they brought up kawhi and how him being out is bad for the spurs.

Junior then said he spoke to a source within the organization and that is what they told him.

SuperCam
01-18-2018, 01:20 PM

damn this means porzingod is off the table now too damn.

call up chitown get the whitie rookie + mirotic + unprotected 1st round pick. that's probably the best haul available right now tbh

spurs10
01-18-2018, 01:23 PM
Why doesn't Wikileaks hack the Spurs servers instead of all this government BS. I want the truth. (Or at least the Kremlin approved truth). :lol ‘I love it especially if it’s later in the season!’

SAGirl
01-18-2018, 01:23 PM

It has never been disclosed exactly when and how he injured it as far as I know...
but I dug up this news report from that first interview Kawhi himself gave to let the fans and media know he was soon to come back to play...
see for yourself:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2017/12/04/leonard-returning-soon-but-no-target-set-for-season-debut/108320142/

1. First of all, he said the injury,
which was due to "wear and tear," began to bother him in the offseason.

2. He also said,
"The next day, how recovery feels, and just based on how I feel is when I'm going to be released to play,"

spurs10
01-18-2018, 01:25 PM
Maybe it was after this last flare up that he went to outside sources. Sounds horrible. Bad news when season ticket renewals are beginning. Probably peopl3 are jumping ship.

absoloot66
01-18-2018, 01:35 PM

:lol I concur.

absoloot66
01-18-2018, 01:39 PM
‘I love it especially if it’s later in the season!’

:rollinI see what you did there...and I like it!:rollin

Dre_7
01-18-2018, 01:42 PM
Just tweeted at this host to see if he will give more insight. Not expecting a response but if he does I will share it here. If anyone else follows him on Twitter maybe you could tweet at him as well and maybe he will respond to someone. I'm talking about this Junior Miller. Never heard of him until today but was able to track him down on Twitter

DieHardSpursFan1537
01-18-2018, 01:44 PM
Uh ok. What are they supposed to do? Make Kawhi magically heal? If Harden goes down, HOU is out in the first round. If Lebron goes down, CLE is out of the playoffs. LMA has them doing better than any other team besides GS would do if they lost their Kawhi level player.
This. LMA has been playing phenomenal this season and he deserves all the praise.

rjv
01-18-2018, 02:05 PM
spurs clandestine tendencies coupled with ST's speculative nature makes for an apocalyptic thread.

hater
01-18-2018, 02:13 PM
Of course his physical problem is serious and most likely chronic

The poor bastard cannot even wipe his ass let alone get off the toilet. Youd have to be a complete retard to think its not a major chronic poblem.

It is what it is. This season is most likely lost. Sure he might come back but will be shitty. All we can do is hole there is a resolution early enough in the offseason.

dabom
01-18-2018, 02:14 PM
Of course his physical problem is serious and most likely chronic

The poor bastard cannot even wipe his ass let alone get off the toilet. Youd have to be a complete retard to think its not a major chronic poblem.

It is what it is. This season is most likely lost. Sure he might come back but will be shitty. All we can do is hole there is a resolution early enough in the offseason.

Thanks hater. Doing the lords work. :tu

hater
01-18-2018, 02:16 PM
:tu

Russ
01-18-2018, 02:17 PM

How could the Spurs have mishandled the injury if it is as degenerative and inexorable as all this sounds?

Was there a way to avoid this? It's sounds like no.

Regardless, if this report is correct (a big "if") might we be headed for a Bill Walton/Trailblazers meltdown? :wow

Let's hope not.

Play Boban
01-18-2018, 02:26 PM
Cut this scrub.

cjw
01-18-2018, 03:23 PM

The internet, where anyone can say anything. What time was the show on? Host name? I’m sure if this actually happened someone would have written about it.

How could the Spurs have mishandled the injury if it is as degenerative and inexorable as all this sounds?

Was there a way to avoid this? It's sounds like no.

Regardless, if this report is correct (a big "if") might we be headed for a Bill Walton/Trailblazers meltdown? :wow

Let's hope not.

On this pushing him away from Spurs, they probably have done the BEST job of any team in terms of injury management and not overtaxing players. He certainly realizes there are organizations out there that would look out for wins / short term and play him through this. Pop ain’t Thibs.

Dre_7
01-18-2018, 03:34 PM
The internet, where anyone can say anything. What time was the show on? Host name? I’m sure if this actually happened someone would have written about it.

According to the OP it is Junior Miller. I tweeted at him but have yet to hear anything. If what he says is true, it will get out on social media. A little irresponsible of OP to post what he posted without name, info, time, etc. Probably just trying to rile up SpursTalk haha.

ernest787
01-18-2018, 03:36 PM
Again. It was on the ticket in Dallas. The host is Craig Miller.

I posted bc I trust him and has weight in the industry. Hes not one to typically break news but it doesn't surprise me that he would have a source with the spurs either.

Anyway. People can take what I posted how they will. I decided to share it bc I figured not many on this board would have heard any if this.

Also segment was at 650 or 7 am this morning.

Dre_7
01-18-2018, 03:38 PM

I posted bc I trust him and has weight in the industry. Hes not one to typically break news but it doesn't surprise me that he would have a source with the spurs either.

Anyway. People can take what I posted how they will. I decided to share it bc I figured not many on this board would have heard any if this.

Does he respond to tweets? I asked him for clarification on those comments.

Dre_7
01-18-2018, 03:39 PM
Also, if what Miller said is true that means Kawhi lied to the media

SuperCam
01-18-2018, 03:44 PM

don't be discouraged PATFO slurpers can't handle the truth tbh :tu

superbigtime
01-18-2018, 03:45 PM
If his knee hurt he shouldn't have gone to fukn China. WTF

ernest787
01-18-2018, 03:45 PM
Does he respond to tweets? I asked him for clarification on those comments.I dunno. I never tweet him but he's not that active with stuff like that typically. Maybe someone else who post here lives in Dallas and heard it. If not maybe someone can dig it up somehow.

Dre_7
01-18-2018, 03:50 PM
If Kawhi has been lying I would be very disappointed. It doesn't add up. One of them is lying. I am going to trust Kawhi over Miller since I have never heard of him until today and Kawhi has been honest since coming to SA in 2011 until there is proof of what Miller said being true.

ernest787
01-18-2018, 03:54 PM
How did this turn into kawhi is lying?