PDA

View Full Version : Republicans lack votes to prevent a shutdown

Pages : [1] 2 3

FuzzyLumpkins
01-17-2018, 06:44 PM
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/17/republicans-government-shutdown-congress-344198

House Republicans are short of the votes they need to avoid a government shutdown, but Speaker Paul Ryan and GOP leaders remain confident they will pass a stopgap funding measure when it comes to the floor on Thursday.

President Donald Trump is personally leaning on GOP lawmakers to fall into line, especially hard-line conservatives who are opposed to virtually anything Ryan and his leadership team propose.

Across the Capitol, Senate Democrats are upset about the House potentially jamming them with a last-minute bill that would do nothing more than avert the worst-case scenario. They're still smarting over Trump seemingly backing away last week from a bipartisan deal to protect 700,000 Dreamers from deportation.

Senate Democrats have refused to say whether they will block the funding measure, though Republicans believe Democrats won’t risk a shutdown with control of the chamber in play this fall.

With government funding set to run out in two days — and the two sides far apart on an immigration deal — Ryan and senior House Republicans are pushing legislation to keep the government funded until Feb. 16. In a bid to pick up votes from both parties, the measure would also fund a popular children’s health program for six more years and delay the implementation of several Obamacare taxes.

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Democrats have refused to back the plan. Since Republicans are in the majority, they should pass the short-term funding bill — the fourth since the fiscal year began on Oct. 1 — without their help, they say.

With Democrats on the sidelines, Republicans spent Wednesday leaning on every member for their vote.

“I think it passes. I don’t think it’s overwhelming, but I think it passes,” Republican Study Committee Chairman Mark Walker (R-N.C.) said after GOP lawmakers met on Wednesday.

spurraider21
01-17-2018, 06:45 PM
hot take: they'll just raise the debt ceiling

FuzzyLumpkins
01-17-2018, 06:47 PM
hot take: they'll just raise the debt ceiling

the article discusses that. thanks for the non-unique snark though.

spurraider21
01-17-2018, 06:58 PM
the article discusses that. thanks for the non-unique snark though.
which is why its not worth the hoopla

FuzzyLumpkins
01-17-2018, 07:31 PM
which is why its not worth the hoopla

What hoopla? The article certainly does not maintain that. Quite the contrary.

There is a contingent in the house GOP that refuses to cooperate with Ryan and they are likely going to require the democrats to get their ceiling increase.

It's worth discussing.

boutons_deux
01-17-2018, 07:54 PM
What hoopla? The article certainly does not maintain that. Quite the contrary.

There is a contingent in the house GOP that refuses to cooperate with Ryan and they are likely going to require the democrats to get their ceiling increase.

It's worth discussing.

Freedom Kockus wants to remove Ryan, like they removed Boner. Thye want one of their Kock suckers to run the House

baseline bum
01-17-2018, 09:39 PM
Freedom Kockus wants to remove Ryan, like they removed Boner. Thye want one of their Kock suckers to run the House

It's hilarious seeing them act like Ryan wasn't king teabagger six years ago.

spurraider21
01-18-2018, 07:47 PM
House approves stopgap spending bill to prevent shutdown

:lol fuzzy

spurraider21
01-18-2018, 07:52 PM
inb4 :cry something something something, dim :cry

Reck
01-18-2018, 07:54 PM

Clearly the house just wanted something quick so they can pass the buck to the senate.

Paul Ryan will claim victory and blame democrats and senate for when it fails there.

spurraider21
01-18-2018, 07:57 PM
Clearly the house just wanted something quick so they can pass the buck to the senate.

Paul Ryan will claim victory and blame democrats and senate for when it fails there.
probably true. but op says "house republicans are short of the votes they need"

dabom
01-18-2018, 08:05 PM
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/17/republicans-government-shutdown-congress-344198

House Republicans are short of the votes they need to avoid a government shutdown, but Speaker Paul Ryan and GOP leaders remain confident they will pass a stopgap funding measure when it comes to the floor on Thursday.

President Donald Trump is personally leaning on GOP lawmakers to fall into line, especially hard-line conservatives who are opposed to virtually anything Ryan and his leadership team propose.

Across the Capitol, Senate Democrats are upset about the House potentially jamming them with a last-minute bill that would do nothing more than avert the worst-case scenario. They're still smarting over Trump seemingly backing away last week from a bipartisan deal to protect 700,000 Dreamers from deportation.

Senate Democrats have refused to say whether they will block the funding measure, though Republicans believe Democrats won’t risk a shutdown with control of the chamber in play this fall.

With government funding set to run out in two days — and the two sides far apart on an immigration deal — Ryan and senior House Republicans are pushing legislation to keep the government funded until Feb. 16. In a bid to pick up votes from both parties, the measure would also fund a popular children’s health program for six more years and delay the implementation of several Obamacare taxes.

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Democrats have refused to back the plan. Since Republicans are in the majority, they should pass the short-term funding bill — the fourth since the fiscal year began on Oct. 1 — without their help, they say.

With Democrats on the sidelines, Republicans spent Wednesday leaning on every member for their vote.

“I think it passes. I don’t think it’s overwhelming, but I think it passes,” Republican Study Committee Chairman Mark Walker (R-N.C.) said after GOP lawmakers met on Wednesday.

:lol

dabom
01-18-2018, 08:07 PM
To summarize, they don't have the votes for an actual spending bill, but they can pass a stopgap spending bill. :lol

boutons_deux
01-18-2018, 08:09 PM
Repug governance

hater
01-18-2018, 08:40 PM
Lol ppl and media watching this act

Richest country in the world and they play the “we dont have money” act

What a brainless society

koriwhat
01-18-2018, 08:46 PM
Lol ppl and media watching this act

Richest country in the world and they play the “we dont have money” act

What a brainless society

how can we be the richest with 20 trillion in debt?

dabom
01-18-2018, 08:47 PM

Most of that is to the US. And the US can print their own money.

koriwhat
01-18-2018, 08:53 PM
Most of that is to the US. And the US can print their own money.

almost as perplexing as bitcoin.

hater
01-18-2018, 08:54 PM

Lol whos gonna knock on Uncle Sams door and demand the debt be paid??

And yes US can always print their own money not to mention they also write the rules of money for the world as they go.

Sure an economic apocalypse can still happen but that is basically unavoidable at this point so 10 20 30 gazilkion dollars does it really matter how much money is owed if the debt will never be paid?

Nope

dabom
01-18-2018, 08:58 PM
almost as perplexing as bitcoin.

A ton more actually.

spurraider21
01-18-2018, 09:19 PM
this is from 5 years ago

http://static5.businessinsider.com/image/52586e38ecad048c0e57f2e9-800-/screen%20shot%202013-10-11%20at%205.20.55%20pm.png

http://www.businessinsider.com/who-we-owe-federal-debt-to-2013-10

FuzzyLumpkins
01-18-2018, 09:23 PM

As was pointed out initially, the article discussed that. I even went to point out what I had found significant.

For a supposed lawyer you suck at reading and logic.

FuzzyLumpkins
01-18-2018, 09:25 PM
inb4 :cry something something something, dim :cry

When you write something stupid, you get called on it. You are repeating yourself and ignoring the refutations that were already made. dabom even helped you out by bolding the parts I was referring to. It is stupid and petty of you to come back and double down on it, dim.

FuzzyLumpkins
01-18-2018, 09:26 PM

:tu

FuzzyLumpkins
01-18-2018, 09:37 PM
House Republicans voted Thursday night to keep the government open — and now the real drama will begin in the Senate.

After weeks of internal squabbling, Republicans secured votes for a spending plan to keep the government open for another four weeks. The vote was 230-197, with 11 Republicans in opposition and six Democrats crossing the aisle to back it.

But the plan's prospects in the Senate look dicey at best. Some GOP lawmakers said they intend to vote against it, arguing that repeated short-term funding measures harm the military. And a sizable bloc of Democrats have also come out in opposition because it does not address the fate of hundreds of thousands of young immigrants at threat of being deported.

Federal funding runs out at midnight Friday. If there is no spending plan in place by then, the federal government will begin to shut down non-essential operations — a crisis that both parties and the White House say the desperately want to avoid.

Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) called on Senate Democrats to drop their opposition to the funding proposal, which would keep federal agencies open through Feb. 16. House Republicans also added tens of billions of dollars of funding for a popular children's health program in a bid to win more support.

“Sen. Schumer, do not shut down the federal government," Ryan told reporters after the House vote. “It is risky, it is reckless and it is wrong.”

Ryan added: “The only people standing in the way of keeping the government open are Senate Democrats. Whether there is a government shutdown or not is entirely up to them.”

In order to win Thursday's vote, Ryan struck a deal with Freedom Caucus conservatives shortly before a scheduled floor vote on a spending provision. The agreement, which promised the group a separate vote on military funding, is expected to yield enough votes to secure passage of the spending bill in the House.

The deal came together after Freedom Caucus members circumvented leadership and took their demands to President Donald Trump. A lingering disagreement between Ryan and conservatives had threatened to blow up the spending deal in the lower chamber — and undercut the GOP strategy of blaming Democrats for any shutdown.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/18/government-shutdown-2018-trump-republicans-345532

So Ryan made a deal with the Freedom Caucus but the extension is for a month. This reminds me of 2013 when the GOP couldn't pull it's head out of it's ass. They kept on kicking the can down the road like this then until Cruz, Rubio, Ryan, Cornyn, Lee, and co took stupid pills and forced the issue.

It was hugely politically damaging for the party but ideologues tend to repeat their mistakes. With DACA taking the role of Obamacare this time around I could easily see it happening again.

spurraider21
01-18-2018, 09:50 PM
As was pointed out initially, the article discussed that. I even went to point out what I had found significant.

For a supposed lawyer you suck at reading and logic.

When you write something stupid, you get called on it. You are repeating yourself and ignoring the refutations that were already made. dabom (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=47543) even helped you out by bolding the parts I was referring to. It is stupid and petty of you to come back and double down on it, dim.
yeah, no. the article headline said they lacked the votes to avoid a shutdown. they just got the votes to avoid a shutdown. they'll continue kicking the can until republicans fall in line. but as of now, they got the votes needed to avoid a shutdown.

whether they have the votes to pass a full budget proposal is a different question that the article spent time talking about.

FuzzyLumpkins
01-18-2018, 09:55 PM
yeah, no. the article headline said they lacked the votes to avoid a shutdown. they just got the votes to avoid a shutdown. they'll continue kicking the can until republicans fall in line. but as of now, they got the votes needed to avoid a shutdown.

whether they have the votes to pass a full budget proposal is a different question that the article spent time talking about.

They did not at the time the article was posted. It was factual. Further the article including the portion included in the OP you are whining about discusses everything you've been parroting for the last two days in a much more thorough and comprehensive manner than what you have going on

They got the votes to pass the debt ceiling increase in the house and now the senate has less than 36 hours to get it's shit together. You sure are intellectually lazy and should spend more time reading to grasp the subject at hand as opposed to popping off and trying to snark on others.

spurraider21
01-18-2018, 09:57 PM
They did not at the time the article was posted. It was factual. Further the article including the portion included in the OP you are whining about discusses everything you've been parroting for the last two days in a much more thorough and comprehensive manner than what you have going on

They got the votes to pass the debt ceiling increase in the house and now the senate has less than 36 hours to get it's shit together. You sure are intellectually lazy and should spend more time reading to grasp the subject at hand as opposed to popping off and trying to snark on others.
i didnt deny it the report. i said its not worth the hoopla, as i was pretty convinced they'd avoid the shutdown.

FuzzyLumpkins
01-18-2018, 10:02 PM
i didnt deny it the report. i said its not worth the hoopla, as i was pretty convinced they'd avoid the shutdown.

And again, what hoopla? The article put the points you are crying for in the second sentence so it's not there. I hope you do a better job arguing in your briefs than this.

Just curious what do you remember about congress in 2012 and 2013? Were there similar instances to this one where they were able to kick the can down the road back then before that October?

spurraider21
01-18-2018, 10:05 PM
And again, what hoopla? The article put the points you are crying for in the second sentence so it's not there. I hope you do a better job arguing in your briefs than this.

Just curious what do you remember about congress in 2012 and 2013? Were there similar instances to this one where they were able to kick the can down the road back then before that October?
yeah there was a shutdown for a couple of weeks while i was in college. except in that case, they weren't able to kick the can even once, while the current congress has done so a few times already. that was also a republican house sending deals over to a democrat senate. its not the same situation, dim

FuzzyLumpkins
01-18-2018, 10:11 PM
yeah there was a shutdown for a couple of weeks while i was in college. except in that case, they weren't able to kick the can even once, while the current congress has done so a few times already. that was also a republican house sending deals over to a democrat senate. its not the same situation, dim

https://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/07/31/tentative-agreement-reached-in-congress-avoiding-government-shutdown

That was just one of many in the years before.

Like I said, you should spend less time spouting off and more time educating yourself. The GOP house took over in 2012 and did this for 18 months.

Oh and when people parrot my digs back at me as you do then that just tells me that they are effective. It also speaks to a lack of creativity. It doesn't have the effect you hope, dim.

koriwhat
01-18-2018, 10:13 PM
faggylumpkins lives with his parents, is in his mid 30's, and has a complex so huge he can't see how big of a dipshit he actually is... mic drop

refute it buddy.

spurraider21
01-18-2018, 10:15 PM
https://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/07/31/tentative-agreement-reached-in-congress-avoiding-government-shutdown

Like I said, you should spend less time spouting off and more time educating yourself. The GOP house took over in 2012 and did this for 18 months.

Oh and when people parrot my digs back at me as you do then that just tells me that they are effective. It also speaks to a lack of creativity. It doesn't have the effect you hope, dim.
stand corrected on that. still stands that it's a very different situation when you have a the same party running both chambers (albeit by a slim majority in the senate). i dont see why this extension is going to be the big showdown compared the previous ones

the fact that the digs have no effect show just that... they aren't effective, dim.

Reck
01-18-2018, 10:17 PM
faggylumpkins lives with his parents, is in his mid 30's, and has a complex so huge he can't see how big of a dipshit he actually is... mic drop

refute it buddy.

But does he have tattoo regrets?

FuzzyLumpkins
01-18-2018, 10:17 PM

refute it buddy.

Ahh so now you are back to making up stories again. As I have told others, my parents are dead and I own my own home.

I put the over/under on your income at $20k AAV and think it hilarious that you are as mindlessly conservative as you are.

koriwhat
01-18-2018, 10:19 PM
Ahh so now you are back to making up stories again. As I have told others, my parents are dead and I own my own home.

I put the over/under on your income at $20k AAV and think it hilarious that you are as mindlessly conservative as you are.

mr. handmedown.

koriwhat
01-18-2018, 10:19 PM
But does he have tattoo regrets?

i don't.

Reck
01-18-2018, 10:20 PM
i don't.

Must be why you got brand new calf tats to cover the shitty spur ones. amirite?

koriwhat
01-18-2018, 10:23 PM
Must be why you got brand new calf tats to cover the shitty spur ones. amirite?

not at all... you're always wrong and that's what makes you you. wrong that there's 50 genders and wrong that you're a chick because you're just a beta dude when all is said and done.

btw, i have no coverups on my body reck.

FuzzyLumpkins
01-18-2018, 10:25 PM
stand corrected on that. still stands that it's a very different situation when you have a the same party running both chambers (albeit by a slim majority in the senate). i dont see why this extension is going to be the big showdown compared the previous ones

the fact that the digs have no effect show just that... they aren't effective, dim.

I showed how they are demonstrated through your action. Your blanket dismissal is nothing in the face of that. Like I said, I hope you do better in your written arguments for court. Your shit here is not compelling in the least

And you need to show how the difference in the Senate is substantive in the way you want it to be. In 2013, the GOP house was able to shut things down all by itself. I fail to see how a GOP senate in the picture now makes the situation better. You think Reid and the democrats would have tarried on a bill sent across the hall to avert the shutdown?

Of course not but as the article I posted here illustrates, the GOP Senate has its own issues. You still don't seem to grasp that all that was done today was with the House.

Reck
01-18-2018, 10:25 PM
not at all... you're always wrong and that's what makes you you. wrong that there's 50 genders and wrong that you're a chick because you're just a beta dude when all is said and done.

btw, i have no coverups on my body reck.

What a confusing post.

How's working at the local deli feels like?

koriwhat
01-18-2018, 10:27 PM
What a confusing post.

How's working at the local deli feels like?

dude, i own and operate my own business. where have you been? oh yeah, in make believe world that's where you have been.

FuzzyLumpkins
01-18-2018, 10:29 PM
dude, i own and operate my own business. where have you been? oh yeah, in make believe world that's where you have been.

You don't have a shop and barely get work. You are like a hairdresser renting a stall in someone else's shop who gets no customers.

spurraider21
01-18-2018, 10:30 PM
I showed how they are demonstrated through your action. Your blanket dismissal is nothing in the face of that. Like I said, I hope you do better in your written arguments for court. Your shit here is not compelling in the least

And you need to show how the difference in the Senate is substantive in the way you want it to be. In 2013, the GOP house was able to shut things down all by itself. I fail to see how a GOP senate in the picture now makes the situation better. You think Reid and the democrats would have tarried on a bill sent across the hall to avert the shutdown?

Of course not but as the article I posted here illustrates, the GOP Senate has its own issues. You still don't seem to grasp that all that was done today was with the House.
The op article was focused on the House. You’re boring and resort to long winded essays when you’ve been called out.

Platform of bluster

koriwhat
01-18-2018, 10:31 PM
You don't have a shop and barely get work. You are like a hairdresser renting a stall in someone else's shop who gets no customers.

nah, i'm like a dude owning his own shop not in a stall, not renting a booth, not working in another shop. yall fucks are mr. knowitalls and know not a god damn thing.

keep playing make believe while you play 2k in your parents garage. it's all good holmes.

Reck
01-18-2018, 10:32 PM

koriwhat
01-18-2018, 10:33 PM
yall see how sad these two dipshits are? just fuck each other already and get it over with you two sissy boys.

Reck
01-18-2018, 10:34 PM
nah, i'm like a dude owning his own shop not in a stall, not renting a booth, not working in another shop. yall fucks are mr. knowitalls and know not a god damn thing.

keep playing make believe while you play 2k in your parents garage. it's all good holmes.

You're like a dude owning his own shop?

Who talks like that. You're like that one dude who everyone knows is full of shit but puts up with because they pity him.

You check it out, I'm like rich yo. :lol

FuzzyLumpkins
01-18-2018, 10:38 PM
The op article was focused on the House. You’re boring and resort to long winded essays when you’ve been called out.

Platform of bluster

Called out on what? Arguments that you abandon at the first refutation? You haven't been right about anything to this point.

The quoted portion of the article talks about the senate in the 3rd and 4th paragraphs and ends on it with the last 3. Your reading skills are terrible. And the focus of the article is besides the point. The reality is that the Senate has a little over 26 hours to avert the shutdown now and they have their own issues.

And that was a long winded essay to you? It was less than a dozen sentences. It's things like this that stretch credibility as to your claims for being in the legal profession. You write your briefs in crayon too?

FuzzyLumpkins
01-18-2018, 10:40 PM

Who talks like that. You're like that one dude who everyone knows is full of shit but puts up with because they pity him.

koriwhat
01-18-2018, 10:42 PM

i never claimed to be rich. i barely scrape by like most americans you write off because we don't get free handouts like you and your ilk.

however, i do own my business. come in whenever. walk-ins always welcome!

koriwhat
01-18-2018, 10:43 PM

what are you laughing at mr. handout? tell us all again how privileged you are and how you didn't have to work for what you got. far left fuckface.

FuzzyLumpkins
01-18-2018, 10:45 PM
what are you laughing at mr. handout? tell us all again how privileged you are and how you didn't have to work for what you got. far left fuckface.

So am I Mr. Handout or living in the basement?

Oh and I am laughing at you, Joey. You don't have your own shop, Mr $20k Republican hipster.

koriwhat
01-18-2018, 10:46 PM
So am I Mr. Handout or living in the basement?

Oh and I am laughing at you, Joey. You don't have your own shop.

you're both tbh & yeah, i do own my own licensed professional shop. my license is good for 2 yrs and was $928. go fuck yourself now you little bitch.

FuzzyLumpkins
01-18-2018, 10:48 PM
you're both tbh & yeah, i do own my own licensed professional shop. my license is good for 2 yrs and was $928. go fuck yourself now you little bitch.

Hairdressers who rent their stall have to have a license too. You have no credibility.

koriwhat
01-18-2018, 10:49 PM
Hairdressers who rent their stall have to have a license too. You have no credibility.

if you knew anything about anything and wasn't just some douche you'd know tattooers in tx don't have to be licensed like other state's require. in tx, only shop's need to be licensed. tell me again how wise you are mr. eden rock.

FuzzyLumpkins
01-18-2018, 10:53 PM
if you knew anything about anything and wasn't just some douche you'd know tattooers in tx don't have to be licensed like other state's require. in tx, only shop's need to be licensed. tell me again how wise you are mr. eden rock.

If you own your own company doing ink or piercings then you have to be licensed.

We require any business that is engaged in tattooing (i.e., the practice of producing an indelible mark or figure on the human body by scarring or inserting pigments under the skin using needles, scalpels, or other related equipment) or body piercing (i.e., the practice of creating an opening in a person's body, other than the individual's earlobe, to insert jewelry or another decoration) to be licensed with the Department of State Health Services.

http://www.dshs.texas.gov/tattoo-piercing/

It is about the business and not the building.

spurraider21
01-18-2018, 10:56 PM
Called out on what? Arguments that you abandon at the first refutation? You haven't been right about anything to this point.

The quoted portion of the article talks about the senate in the 3rd and 4th paragraphs and ends on it with the last 3. Your reading skills are terrible. And the focus of the article is besides the point. The reality is that the Senate has a little over 26 hours to avert the shutdown now and they have their own issues.

And that was a long winded essay to you? It was less than a dozen sentences. It's things like this that stretch credibility as to your claims for being in the legal profession. You write your briefs in crayon too?
In the context of the ST message board, yeah it’s an essay. The article suggested that House Republicans lacked votes to avoid a shutdown. Turns out they got the vote.

When i point that out you turn it into “well im smarter than you.” It’s something you do all the time. Gets boring quick.

koriwhat
01-18-2018, 10:58 PM
If you own your own company doing ink or piercings then you have to be licensed.

lmao you know not a god damn thing but you think you do and that's hilarious. well.. well.. well.. i guess mr. knowitall doesn't know shit.

Chucho
01-18-2018, 10:59 PM

Platform of bluster

Not as smart as he thinks he is...

koriwhat
01-18-2018, 11:01 PM

as well, my own company? lol who calls it that, not us tattooers unless you're some sort of conglomerate distributor or the like. doing ink? lmao you sound like a fucking loser like the type i used to have to deal with in a few shops i used to work at. and you're discussing licensing on a subject you know absolutely nothing about.

ahahahahahaha you got a fucking complex dude.

koriwhat
01-18-2018, 11:03 PM
Not as smart as he thinks he is...

not at all. look at him flopping around like a fish trying to get out of this net he found himself in in regards to tattoo licensing. dude's a hack who wants you all to believe otherwise. up on his thin skinned soap box and all.

FuzzyLumpkins
01-18-2018, 11:04 PM
In the context of the ST message board, yeah it’s an essay. The article suggested that House Republicans lacked votes to avoid a shutdown. Turns out they got the vote.

When i point that out you turn it into “well im smarter than you.” It’s something you do all the time. Gets boring quick.

:lol Expecting others to adhere to ST "standards"
:lol 12 sentences is longwinded

And it appears you need help with critical thinking. What is the articles title and what do the 3rd and 4th paragraphs talk about? Do they mention the house? If you need me to explain the significance to the answer to those questions I can help there too. I actually think it funny that you think Politico was ignorant to the senate's role as you were.

And I just point out how you are stupid. I leave myself and my ability out of it. You are the one doing the comparison. I get that you get caught up in the machismo zero sum thing but you demonstrating poor reading and critical thinking skills is independent of my ability.

Oh and bored people go and do different things. When I use that line it is when I am actually bored and about to do something else. I don't find your claim credible. You are going for the tit for tat thing like a very interested monkey. Good job.

FuzzyLumpkins
01-18-2018, 11:04 PM
as well, my own company? lol who calls it that, not us tattooers unless you're some sort of conglomerate distributor or the like. doing ink? lmao you sound like a fucking loser like the type i used to have to deal with in a few shops i used to work at. and you're discussing licensing on a subject you know absolutely nothing about.

If you have not formed an LLC then you are as dumb as I think you are.

koriwhat
01-18-2018, 11:05 PM
:lol Expecting others to adhere to ST "standards"
:lol 12 sentences is longwinded

And it appears you need help with critical thinking. What is the articles title and what do the 3rd and 4th paragraphs talk about? Do they mention the house? If you need me to explain the significance to the answer to those questions I can help there too. I actually think it funny that you think Politico was ignorant to the senate's role as you were.

And I just point out how you are stupid. I leave myself and my ability out of it. You are the one doing the comparison. I get that you get caught up in the machismo zero sum thing but you demonstrating poor reading and critical thinking skills is independent of my ability.

Oh and bored people go and do different things. When I use that line it is when I am actually bored and about to do something else. I don't find your claim credible. You are going for the tit for tat thing like a very interested monkey. Good job.

good job, you're longwinded. take a breathe.

koriwhat
01-18-2018, 11:06 PM
If you have not formed an LLC then you are as dumb as I think you are.

you know nothing about me. maybe you knew like 1% about me back in like 97 or so but wgaf about 20 yrs ago? you're a fucking tool faggylumpkins. no amount of listening to ween will make you cool.

Chucho
01-18-2018, 11:06 PM
good job, you're longwinded. take a breathe.

The irony of the quote in his sig under that post. :lol

FuzzyLumpkins
01-18-2018, 11:07 PM
you know nothing about me. maybe you knew like 1% about me back in like 97 or so but wgaf about 20 yrs ago? you're a fucking tool faggylumpkins. no amount of listening to ween will make you cool.

:lol you haven't formed an LLC.

koriwhat
01-18-2018, 11:07 PM
The irony of the quote in his sig under that post. :lol

i'm missing out i guess.... i have signatures disabled. :huh

koriwhat
01-18-2018, 11:09 PM
:lol you haven't formed an LLC.

your parents aren't dead. well, maybe your father.

FuzzyLumpkins
01-18-2018, 11:14 PM
your parents aren't dead. well, maybe your father.

Believe what you like. You seem to do quite a bit of that, $20k.

koriwhat
01-18-2018, 11:15 PM
Believe what you like. You seem to do quite a bit of that, $20k.

irony at its best.

vy65
01-18-2018, 11:16 PM

Real talk fam, you think calling people “dim” is effective? Effective at what exactly?

Pretty sure you was being mocked for pretty retarded “insult” fam

FuzzyLumpkins
01-18-2018, 11:18 PM
Real talk fam, you think calling people “dim” is effective? Effective at what exactly?

Pretty sure you was being mocked for pretty retarded “insult” fam

Triggering people. You coming out of the woodwork is proof of its efficacy too.

And everyone mocks everyone here. You completely miss the point though as per usual, Crayola.

vy65
01-18-2018, 11:20 PM
Triggering people. You coming out of the woodwork is proof of its efficacy too.

And everyone mocks everyone here. You completely miss the point though as per usual, Crayola.

Huh? Coming out of the woodwork? Where you getting that fam?

I’m just chilling here, reading some posts, watching you get needlessly personal with other posters in a totally non-creepy/totally healthy way. Keep it up fam

FuzzyLumpkins
01-18-2018, 11:20 PM

Your refutation is that people in your industry don't call their businesses companies?

I just quoted the portion stating all tattoo businesses have to be licensed. You can rant all you like but you are going to have to do better than this weak shit to be compelling. You being ignorant of something is not a novel concept.

vy65
01-18-2018, 11:22 PM
Fuzzy attacking these posts like a whore at a gangbang who’s paid by the cock

FuzzyLumpkins
01-18-2018, 11:23 PM
Huh? Coming out of the woodwork? Where you getting that fam?

I’m just chilling here, reading some posts, watching you get needlessly personal with other posters in a totally non-creepy/totally healthy way. Keep it up fam

The whole fam thing and our history belies this narrative, Crayola. You are trying too hard and it comes across as plastic.

I do like how you give calf tats and sr21 a pass for them going personal. I sure should take you seriously. :lol

koriwhat
01-18-2018, 11:25 PM
Your refutation is that people in your industry don't call their businesses companies?... I just quoted the portion stating all tattoo businesses have to be licensed...

you want to argue for arguing sake huh? are you a chick? i'm starting to believe so...

you're the one ranting about shit you have no clue about at all. bet you'd cry under the needle. you def sound like a bitch.

vy65
01-18-2018, 11:25 PM
Something something something something something, dim

You’re gonna have to do better than call me a crayon to get any real traction here fam

vy65
01-18-2018, 11:27 PM
The whole fam thing and our history belies this narrative, Crayola. You are trying too hard and it comes across as plastic.

I do like how you give calf tats and sr21 a pass for them going personal. I sure should take you seriously. :lol

And fucking lol. Our history? Have we been dating, because I missed that fam

koriwhat
01-18-2018, 11:28 PM
yo faggylumps, how's your sister's shitty tattoo on her arm after all these yrs? should've come to me instead.

koriwhat
01-18-2018, 11:29 PM

he's a diva with a complex. what's new?

FuzzyLumpkins
01-18-2018, 11:38 PM

That was a weird tangent.

I was talking about how in the past you would try to appeal to authority claiming that you were a lawyer. After arguing with you for a while and seeing your critical thinking and argumentation skills I asked you if you wrote your briefs in crayon and dubbed you Counselor Crayola. That is about the whole of it.

I know you like to tell yourself that you don't care but whenever I get into it with other's you just cannot help yourself and sure enough here you are once again. Darrin, chucho, and kori do it too. You guys are a dime a dozen frankly and make for a great group of guys. Peas in a pod.

I must say that I liked your entrance this time calling me fam like a cliche juvenile hoodrat degenerate trying to start shit and then coming with this line about how you don't care. High comedy really and thanks for that.

FuzzyLumpkins
01-18-2018, 11:40 PM
you want to argue for arguing sake huh? are you a chick? i'm starting to believe so...

you're the one ranting about shit you have no clue about at all. bet you'd cry under the needle. you def sound like a bitch.

So you went for even less. Nice.

koriwhat
01-18-2018, 11:48 PM
So you went for even less. Nice.

what are you even going on about? faggylumps you're pathetic man.

FuzzyLumpkins
01-18-2018, 11:53 PM
So Ryan made a deal with a few Dems and the Freedom caucus to get a 4 week extension on the debt ceiling. It now goes to the senate who has about 24 hours to get something done.

They could not even agree to vote on the issue on Thursday and we will just have to see what happens on Friday and the midnight deadline. There are senators from both parties who are intractable with Lindsey Graham stating, "I'm not going to vote for 30 days more of chaos."

koriwhat
01-18-2018, 11:54 PM
faggylumpkins... tick tock

FuzzyLumpkins
01-18-2018, 11:54 PM
what are you even going on about? faggylumps you're pathetic man.

Unsurprising you cannot keep up.

koriwhat
01-18-2018, 11:55 PM
Unsurprising you cannot keep up.

unsurprising whatever the fuck you're going on about you can't clearly explain and thus you choose to dodge.

Chucho
01-19-2018, 12:00 AM
That was a weird tangent.

I was talking about how in the past you would try to appeal to authority claiming that you were a lawyer. After arguing with you for a while and seeing your critical thinking and argumentation skills I asked you if you wrote your briefs in crayon and dubbed you Counselor Crayola. That is about the whole of it.

I know you like to tell yourself that you don't care but whenever I get into it with other's you just cannot help yourself and sure enough here you are once again. Darrin, chucho, and kori do it too. You guys are a dime a dozen frankly and make for a great group of guys. Peas in a pod.

I must say that I liked your entrance this time calling me fam like a cliche juvenile hoodrat degenerate trying to start shit and then coming with this line about how you don't care. High comedy really and thanks for that.

LOL, you know you go on these rants for self affirmation. Bloated language, snide remarks, faux elitism and smileys don't hide your plexi-glass aura, dim. You're insecure and not this complex, intelligent, important individual you project here.

You come here, get shit on by everyone from fellow Leftists to guys like Tats and that's probably how it is for you in reality- an unlikable douche who always has to tell himself soemthing to make any forward progress. You're not very smar and you're as likeable as venereal disease.

Now tell me how I'm raging with an 11 sentence post.

Chucho
01-19-2018, 12:01 AM
You can also tag me for some typos. You need all you can get, dim.

FuzzyLumpkins
01-19-2018, 12:06 AM
unsurprising whatever the fuck you're going on about you can't clearly explain and thus you choose to dodge.

Just click the quotes and follow it yourself. I am not going to make up for your poor reading comprehension, dim.

koriwhat
01-19-2018, 12:12 AM
Just click the quotes and follow it yourself. I am not going to make up for your poor reading comprehension, dim.

nah i read your bs. i called you out on your bs. now you want me to step in your bs some more? nah.

look, to own the business i operate it has to be licensed. that right there should've been the end all. then you want to act like you know everything, as usual, and actually debate me about this and try and put me down about a business i have been solely operating on my own for damn near 2 1/2 yrs? you're nuts and as Chucho said, "You're not very smart and you're as likeable as venereal disease."

FuzzyLumpkins
01-19-2018, 12:40 AM
nah i read your bs. i called you out on your bs. now you want me to step in your bs some more? nah.

look, to own the business i operate it has to be licensed. that right there should've been the end all. then you want to act like you know everything, as usual, and actually debate me about this and try and put me down about a business i have been solely operating on my own for damn near 2 1/2 yrs? you're nuts and as Chucho said, "You're not very smart and you're as likeable as venereal disease."

I quoted the statute. You posture. It is entertaining. And yes, I know chucho has a hardon for me too. He's had it for years at this point.

spurraider21
01-19-2018, 01:42 PM

in hindsight, you should take your own advice and read up on what went down in 2013. might bring some clarity here

koriwhat
01-19-2018, 04:50 PM
I quoted the statute. You posture. It is entertaining. And yes, I know chucho has a hardon for me too. He's had it for years at this point.

what's entertaining is a dumbfuck as yourself thinking he knows everything. you're pathetic.

Splits
01-19-2018, 05:32 PM
Is the pres who had "Art of the Deal" ghost written for him really going to shut down the government?

lol

baseline bum
01-19-2018, 06:10 PM
The Democrats should probably take this current offer to get the CHIP funding for six years. Then do it all over again in four weeks.

FuzzyLumpkins
01-19-2018, 06:26 PM
in hindsight, you should take your own advice and read up on what went down in 2013. might bring some clarity here

Senate still has no deal. That was not an issue in 2013. That was the point I was making.

If you have an argument to make then make it but you have nothing, we both know it.

FuzzyLumpkins
01-19-2018, 06:28 PM
what's entertaining is a dumbfuck as yourself thinking he knows everything. you're pathetic.

I have never claimed to know everything. I just know what the DHS statute calls for in Texas regarding tattoo parlors. I quoted it. You've basically used profanity ridden ranting for your arguments.

You think your word has credibility or something?

Splits
01-19-2018, 06:51 PM
The Democrats should probably take this current offer to get the CHIP funding for six years. Then do it all over again in four weeks.

lol with the debt ceiling guillotine hovering over the fucking Republican party

chickens comin' home.... to rooooosssstttt

- The Honorable Reverend Wright

Splits
01-19-2018, 07:06 PM

koriwhat
01-19-2018, 07:32 PM
I have never claimed to know everything. I just know what the DHS statute calls for in Texas regarding tattoo parlors. I quoted it. You've basically used profanity ridden ranting for your arguments.

You think your word has credibility or something?

my word might not but my license to operate sure does!

koriwhat
01-19-2018, 07:33 PM
btw there's no need for an argument when my argument is hung up on the wall you walk through when entering my shop. good day sir!

Pavlov
01-19-2018, 07:38 PM
954314818026115072THE BUCK STOPS SOMEWHERE OTHER THAN HERE

baseline bum
01-19-2018, 09:58 PM
Looks like the shutdown is inevitable, according to that faggot Cornyn.

FuzzyLumpkins
01-19-2018, 10:06 PM
my word might not but my license to operate sure does!

Again, I quoted the statute. You word is shit as evidenced by your claims of neutrality.

FuzzyLumpkins
01-19-2018, 10:07 PM
btw there's no need for an argument when my argument is hung up on the wall you walk through when entering my shop. good day sir!

You don't have a shop and your supposed license proves nothing.

baseline bum
01-19-2018, 10:23 PM
Damn Lindsay Graham just voted against the motion to stop the government shutdown

baseline bum
01-19-2018, 10:25 PM
McConnell just lost Flake's vote too

baseline bum
01-19-2018, 10:27 PM
There's no way in hell this passes cloture without Graham and Flake. It couldn't have even passed as a reconciliation bill, so lol Trump won't be able to blame Democrats. :lol

baseline bum
01-19-2018, 10:28 PM
What a piece of shit congress and president

koriwhat
01-19-2018, 10:31 PM
Again, I quoted the statute. You word is shit as evidenced by your claims of neutrality.

You don't have a shop and your supposed license proves nothing.

this is exactly why i call you mr. knowitall because you don't know jack shit but you think you do. what a sad existence you live where you're applauded for by yourself in your make believe world that resides in your dipshit mind.

so very sad. no amount of talking out your ass is going to prove your point that you have no clue what you speak of in regard to this subject.

Reck
01-19-2018, 10:33 PM
Motion fails to advert a Govt shutdown in the senate throught Feb 16.

Lindsay Graham voted this down with multiple thumbs down. lol

FuzzyLumpkins
01-19-2018, 10:33 PM
There's no way in hell this passes cloture without Graham and Flake. It couldn't have even passed as a reconciliation bill, so lol Trump won't be able to blame Democrats. :lol

Ryan was trying real hard to last night but yeah when senior GOP leadership is voting against it that is an impossible sell. Campaigning is going to start in earnest in March for the midterms and this shit will carry for quite awhile. GOP are allowing a lot of dems to run unopposed. This is a nightmare for GOP strategists.

FuzzyLumpkins
01-19-2018, 10:35 PM
this is exactly why i call you mr. knowitall because you don't know jack shit but you think you do. what a sad existence you live where you're applauded for by yourself in your make believe world that resides in your dipshit mind.

so very sad. no amount of talking out your ass is going to prove your point that you have no clue what you speak of in regard to this subject.

What you fail to understand is that without credibility no one has any reason to believe you and I posted something from the statute directly. I don't have to prove anything, dim. You are just too stupid to understand that.

DMX7
01-19-2018, 10:35 PM
How fitting that the government shuts down on Trump's one year anniversary? Did you plan this, Mitch? :lol

koriwhat
01-19-2018, 10:38 PM
What you fail to understand is that without credibility no one has any reason to believe you and I posted something from the statute directly. I don't have to prove anything, dim. You are just too stupid to understand that.

i don't give a fuck to prove anything to you or anyone else here tbh. you're the biggest fucking queer i have ever had the misfortune of having any kind of back and forth with. you're a fucking coward faggylumps. a fucking coward!

Reck
How fitting that the government shuts down on Trump's one year anniversary? Did you plan this, Mitch? :lol

Will he go to Davos with his rich friends? That'll have great optics. :lol

Reck
i don't give a fuck to prove anything to you or anyone else here tbh. you're the biggest fucking queer i have ever had the misfortune of having any kind of back and forth with. you're a fucking coward faggylumps. a fucking coward!

Can you have a conversation without going haywire?

FuzzyLumpkins
01-19-2018, 10:40 PM

:lol melting down

oh and that is fine if you don't care not that I actually believe you there either given your ranting. You still have zero credibility.

koriwhat
01-19-2018, 10:42 PM
We require any business that is engaged in tattooing (i.e., the practice of producing an indelible mark or figure on the human body by scarring or inserting pigments under the skin using needles, scalpels, or other related equipment) or body piercing (i.e., the practice of creating an opening in a person's body, other than the individual's earlobe, to insert jewelry or another decoration) to be licensed with the Department of State Health Services.

C3 zoning and without that you get no license. there's no license to tattoo you fool, not in TX. tattooers are blanketed under the shop's license not a per license per tattooer like california, florida, and other states require. you're such a pussy!

Reck
01-19-2018, 10:44 PM

This makes the blame the democrats for the shutdown pretty hard.

DMX7
Will he go to Davos with his rich friends? That'll have great optics. :lol

And the video clip of Trump saying in 2013 that it's the presidents fault when a government shuts down. :rollin

The irony is almost too delicious! :lol

koriwhat
:lol melting down

oh and that is fine if you don't care not that I actually believe you there either given your ranting. You still have zero credibility.

i have 0 cred but you're the one acting like you knew me 20+ yrs ago and have absolutely no knowledge of what you are debating me on at the moment as i look at my license hanging on my front wall of my shop. lmao! you're a dick sucker... it's ok fruit. i don't hate gays, i'm all good with your lifestyle choices just get off your high horse already.

FuzzyLumpkins
01-19-2018, 10:46 PM
C3 zoning and without that you get no license. there's no license to tattoo you fool, not in TX. tattooers are blanketed under the shop's license not a per license per tattooer like california, florida, and other states require. you're such a pussy!

The language quoted is pretty explicit and simple. I don't really care what you think/claim is right; you are demonstrably stupid to the point of unreliability.

If you don't provide something other than your word to contradict what the government says in simple terms I am just going to ignore you on this topic from this point.

koriwhat
01-19-2018, 10:46 PM
Can you have a conversation without going haywire?

sorry reck but it never went haywire... i'm debating a douchebag that has 0 knowledge of what he thinks he knows vs what i do daily to survive. fuck him! call him out, not me.

ducks
01-19-2018, 10:48 PM

This makes the blame the democrats for the shutdown pretty hard.
CNN poll blame democrats

koriwhat
01-19-2018, 10:49 PM
The language quoted is pretty explicit and simple. I don't really care what you think/claim is right; you are demonstrably stupid to the point of unreliability.

If you don't provide something other than your word to contradict what the government says in simple terms I am just going to ignore you on this topic from this point.

who the fuck do you think you are man? really? always so demanding, never wrong at all, etc.... you're a bitch. you and i and the rest of ST knows it. fucking little bitch. that's exactly what you are and how you come across. maybe i'm not as "educated" as you are, maybe i don't make all this $ like you do, maybe this and maybe that but what i do know is i am glad i am nothing like you. fuck you and the horse you rode in on.

come to my shop and prove the shit to yourself in person. otherwise stop being such a bitch like always.

ducks
01-19-2018, 10:49 PM
And the video clip of Trump saying in 2013 that it's the presidents fault when a government shuts down. :rollin

The irony is almost too delicious! :lol
President was doing something former was resting
Thought republicans would get blamed

baseline bum
01-19-2018, 10:50 PM
CNN poll blame democrats

Bend over. I'll give you a poll to blame.

DMX7
Has Donald Trump ever even read The Art of the Deal? :rollin

DMX7
President was doing something former was resting
Thought republicans would get blamed

the f*ck?

baseline bum
01-19-2018, 10:52 PM
Ted Cruz looks like he's having a fit on the floor right now. He's acting like koriwhat posts.

koriwhat
01-19-2018, 10:53 PM
Ted Cruz looks like he's having a fit on the floor right now. He's acting like koriwhat posts.

:tu

Reck
01-19-2018, 10:53 PM
CNN poll blame democrats

No kidding.

Both parties will get blamed but republicans will get most of it.

As they should.

FuzzyLumpkins
01-19-2018, 11:08 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xaGW3lsPh4

baseline bum
01-19-2018, 11:14 PM
No kidding.

Both parties will get blamed but republicans will get most of it.

As they should.

Trump's gotta eat this shit sandwich for reneging after the senate had already come up with a DACA bill to avert the shutdown.

baseline bum
01-19-2018, 11:39 PM
Corker says they're close to passing a continuing resolution but haven't agreed on whether the date the government could again shut down will be 2 weeks or 3 weeks from now.

baseline bum
01-19-2018, 11:41 PM
From CNN's Tal Kopan

GOP Sen. Bob Corker told reporters that lawmakers are debating over an extension date for a continuing resolution.

“Days on what we extend to, and I’m going to guess it’s going to (be) some time between the second of February and the 8th,” he said

“A date in early February a few days apart — I think — is the only separation at this point,” Corker continued.

Reck
01-19-2018, 11:43 PM
Corker says they're close to passing a continuing resolution but haven't agreed on whether the date the government could again shut down will be 2 weeks or 3 weeks from now.

Fat ass Trump already said he wants 4 weeks. His ego won't allow for a 5 day continuation which the democrats actually agreed to.

baseline bum
01-19-2018, 11:48 PM
Fat ass Trump already said he wants 4 weeks. His ego won't allow for a 5 day continuation which the democrats actually agreed to.

Well then he can not sign it.

LOL Democrats are trying to negotiate for a CR that expires the day before the Dear Leader's state of the union address. :lmao

Reck
01-19-2018, 11:49 PM
Well then he can not sign it.

LOL Democrats are trying to negotiate for a CR that expires the day before the Dear Leader's state of the union address. :lmao

Yep.

They're only willing to go 5 or so days like I said. Trump getting trolled hard. :lol

baseline bum
01-19-2018, 11:49 PM
Yep.

They're only willing to go 5 or so days like I said. Trump getting trolled hard. :lol

Fucking faggot deserves it for trolling the senate yesterday.

Reck
01-19-2018, 11:57 PM

Pretty much.

ducks
01-20-2018, 12:00 AM
From CNN's Tal Kopan

GOP Sen. Bob Corker told reporters that lawmakers are debating over an extension date for a continuing resolution.

“Days on what we extend to, and I’m going to guess it’s going to (be) some time between the second of February and the 8th,” he said

“A date in early February a few days apart — I think — is the only separation at this point,” Corker continued.
Yeah pass it tomorrow House Sunday

Reck
01-20-2018, 12:02 AM

Winning.

Reck
01-20-2018, 12:07 AM

Genius move. Very helpful. :tu

ducks
01-20-2018, 12:15 AM
Truth hurts huh

baseline bum
01-20-2018, 12:17 AM
Truth hurts huh

Truth is Trump promised to sign the senate's bill and then reneged

baseline bum
01-20-2018, 12:19 AM
Fucking McConnell of all people whining about obstructionism :lmao

DMX7
01-20-2018, 12:21 AM
What a performance by Mitch! He loves the SCHIP kids so much! It's so sad! :cry

dabom
01-20-2018, 12:26 AM
Calling people "losers". :lol :lol

DMX7
01-20-2018, 12:35 AM
Calling people "losers". :lol :lol

Official White House Statement. :lol

dabom
01-20-2018, 12:43 AM
Official White House Statement. :lol

I love them tears. :lol

djohn2oo8
01-20-2018, 12:49 AM
Truth hurts huh
Republicans control the House and Senate and still couldn't get shit passed.

djohn2oo8
01-20-2018, 12:52 AM
lol

LkrFan
01-20-2018, 12:53 AM
Republicans control the House and Senate and still couldn't get shit passed.
Fuck
All
Gay
Ass
Trump
Supporters

#FAGATS

djohn2oo8
01-20-2018, 12:54 AM

Isitjustme?
01-20-2018, 01:04 AM
Fucking McConnell of all people whining about obstructionism :lmao

:lol sole goal of making Obama one term president :lol

djohn2oo8
01-20-2018, 01:12 AM
Fuck
All
Gay
Ass
Trump
Supporters

#FAGATS

yx6mSXKraaQ

LkrFan
01-20-2018, 01:18 AM
yx6mSXKraaQ

:lmao

Chris
01-20-2018, 01:22 AM

Chris
01-20-2018, 01:24 AM
'6 ways to Sunday' Chucky Schumer still incredibly salty and willing to throw Americans under the bus

djohn2oo8
01-20-2018, 01:25 AM
Republicans are in the majority and couldn't get enough support. Getting trolled by their own Master lol

Chris
01-20-2018, 01:33 AM
Pence throwing haymakers :lol

djohn2oo8
01-20-2018, 01:35 AM
Pence throwing haymakers :lol

Republicans could not get enough support in their own party.

Chris
01-20-2018, 01:36 AM

Tea Pain blaming it on Trump :lol #SchumerShutdown

Chris
01-20-2018, 01:38 AM

Chris
01-20-2018, 01:40 AM

djohn2oo8
01-20-2018, 01:40 AM
Tea Pain blaming it on Trump :lol #SchumerShutdown

dabom
01-20-2018, 01:42 AM

Shit.... :lol

djohn2oo8
01-20-2018, 01:44 AM

dabom
01-20-2018, 01:46 AM
The Art of how not to deal. :lol

Chris
01-20-2018, 01:57 AM

djohn2oo8
01-20-2018, 02:03 AM
Poor Chris. Ol Mcconnell had to vote no too :lol

ElNono
01-20-2018, 02:45 AM
I thought when Cruz did it, he was a patriot? :lol

ElNono
01-20-2018, 03:00 AM
“We’re the United States of America,” Gov. Matt Mead, the two-term Republican governor of Wyoming, said in an interview on Friday. “We should be able to figure out these problems without going to the cliff every so often, whether it’s with Republicans or Democrats in office. There certainly has to be a better way.”

Wise words

Isitjustme?
01-20-2018, 03:22 AM
“We’re the United States of America,” Gov. Matt Mead, the two-term Republican governor of Wyoming, said in an interview on Friday. “We should be able to figure out these problems without going to the cliff every so often, whether it’s with Republicans or Democrats in office. There certainly has to be a better way.”

Wise words
If he's willing to compromise when he's a cuckservative not a real conservative

boutons_deux
01-20-2018, 08:28 AM
whether it’s with Republicans or Democrats"

False equivalence.

Reck
01-20-2018, 08:39 AM

5 democrats broke ranks.

4 Republicans voted No.

:lol Chrissy

djohn2oo8
01-20-2018, 09:07 AM

boutons_deux
01-20-2018, 09:16 AM

yep, Trash said he'd sign DACA if Congress gave him $18B for the wall, because the Mexicans won't give him his fucking $18B.

He says there are 10 ways to make MX pay, and he certainly will try to hurt, punish MX for not paying.

Fundamental to his fake Art of the Deal is to hurt, damage, punish the other party. It's the bully's way.

boutons_deux
01-20-2018, 09:26 AM
"you can’t negotiate with someone so feckless and undisciplined (let alone ignorant and unqualified).

And the funny thing is his own party knows it as well as we do."

Per Dem @SenBlumenthal (https://twitter.com/SenBlumenthal?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw) :

"There was virtually a deal, a comprehensive agreement between Chuck Schumer & the president, and
he walked away from it after he talked to his hard right."— Lisa Mascaro (@LisaMascaro) January 20, 2018 (https://twitter.com/LisaMascaro/status/954549759594909697?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw)

So in the end 4 Rs (Graham, Lee, Paul, Flake) voted no and 5 red state Ds (Heitkamp, Manchin, Donnelly, Jones, McCaskill) voted yes. Bipartisan thumbs down, and R’s did not have 50 votes. And, of course, this administration is unprepared for this and has not planned.

#TrumpShutdown (https://twitter.com/hashtag/TrumpShutdown?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw)

Two more points:

1. Schumer kept his caucus together. They're serious about this.

2. GOP as a party is hard right on DACA and they just got exposed. That policy will not fly.

"Dear Dems:

Trump rejected your good-faith solution on the Dreamers with a rationale rooted in openly advertised white nationalism.

The cynical GOP use of CHIP is intended to smack you around like little mice.

If you won't say No to these things, where's the limit?

— Greg Sargent (@ThePlumLineGS) January 20, 2018 (https://twitter.com/ThePlumLineGS/status/954557097441677314?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw)"

As Trump's first year in office ends, his support base has eroded and the opposition is energized

(https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2018/1/20/1734100/-Abbreviated-Pundit-Round-up-Beleaguered-presidency-takes-a-hit-and-not-with-a-rolled-up-Forbes?detail=emaildkbn)Just under one-third of those polled,

32%, approved of Trump’s job performance,

compared with 55% who disapproved and

12% who were neutral.

That 23-point deficit represents a significant decline since April and the last USC/L.A. Times national poll, which found Trump with a 7-point approval deficit, 40% to 47%…
The 55% disapproval closely matches the average of other recent, nonpartisan polls; the 32% approval is several points lower than the average,
==

Structure of USC/LA Times poll allows us to track who has moved away from Trump since last poll in April:

one in eight respondents who approved then, disapprove now.

Most who were undecided then have made up their minds & 2-1 they've gone to disapprove.
— David Lauter (@DavidLauter) January 19, 2018 (https://twitter.com/DavidLauter/status/954320166204125184?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw)

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2018/1/20/1734100/-Abbreviated-Pundit-Round-up-Beleaguered-presidency-takes-a-hit-and-not-with-a-rolled-up-Forbes?detail=emaildkbn (https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2018/1/20/1734100/-Abbreviated-Pundit-Round-up-Beleaguered-presidency-takes-a-hit-and-not-with-a-rolled-up-Forbes?detail=emaildkbn)

Trash said we could, would, wanted to "take the heat". The Heat Is On Trash, now.

The Repugs have proven yet again that they WON'T govern because their oligarchy/VRWC orthodoxy is St Ronnie's 40-year-old mouthing of "government IS the problem".

The Repugs actually want to MISgovern, refuse to govern, to cripple govt so the oligarchy is free to rape, fleece, loot, pillage America, which is exactly what is happening, has been happening, with the oligarchy's tax cut, with kakistorcrats in Trash's cabinet and throughout the Exec intentionally, willfully fucking up govt.

boutons_deux
01-20-2018, 09:44 AM
His words are always unbelievable, reversible bullshit, but anyway ...

https://www.facebook.com/OccupyDemocrats/videos/1893595974066781/

Notice how Trash was fairly coherent back then, but now ...

boutons_deux
01-20-2018, 09:49 AM
Trash denied himself a weekend in MaL to golf and to party, at $50K/ticket, sicko Trash thinks the world is all about him

Trump Pouts Over Shutdown: Dems Gave Me ‘Present’ On Inauguration Anniversary

“This is the One Year Anniversary of my Presidency and the Democrats wanted to give me a nice present,”

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/trump-pouts-democrats-shutdown-present-inauguration-anniversary?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A%20tpm-news%20%28TPMNews%29

CosmicCowboy
01-20-2018, 10:10 AM
5 democrats broke ranks.

4 Republicans voted No.

:lol Chrissy
Without even looking its a safe bet that the 5 democrats were "allowed" to vote no because they are up for reelection in 18 in purple states and watching the polls.

djohn2oo8
01-20-2018, 10:24 AM
Without even looking its a safe bet that the 5 democrats were "allowed" to vote no because they are up for reelection in 18 in purple states and watching the polls.

And Mcconnell still couldn't get all the Republicans to vote for it

Monostradamus
01-20-2018, 10:26 AM
I thought when Cruz did it, he was a patriot? :lol

Pavlov
01-20-2018, 12:49 PM

boutons_deux
01-20-2018, 02:48 PM
Dems must demand clean DACA, and clean CHIP,

NEVER compromise (the Repugs never do, it ain't manly in their juvenile orthodoxy)

boutons_deux
01-20-2018, 02:56 PM
Trump to Democrats: no immigration talk until government reopened

President Donald Trump and Republican lawmakers took a tough stance on Saturday after the U.S. Congress failed to fund federal agencies,

saying they would not negotiate on immigration until Democrats help end the government shutdown.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-congress-shutdown/trump-to-democrats-no-immigration-talk-until-government-reopened-idUSKBN1F90DE?feedType=RSS&feedName=politicsNews&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Reuters%2FPoliticsNews+%28Reu ters+Politics+News%29

Repugs wouldn't negotiate on immigration BEFORE the shutdown.

Repugs haven't done shit on immigration, except campaign on it, since 2001

koriwhat
01-20-2018, 03:12 PM

NEVER compromise (the Repugs never do, it ain't manly in their juvenile orthodoxy)

how about demand more for actual citizens and let the countries where these dreamers come from dream them up a better future by making their own damn country great again? why are you so hell bent on fucking over americans while bending over for illegals?

baseline bum
01-20-2018, 03:21 PM

They can demand it all they want but they're not going to get it without putting some money up for that retarded wall.

djohn2oo8
01-20-2018, 03:40 PM
398887965302091776 Chris

Pavlov
01-20-2018, 03:44 PM
THE BUCK STOPS SOMEWHERE ELSE DEFINITELY NOT HERE WIRETAPS VOTE FRAUD ANTIFA

Chris
398887965302091776 Chris

5 year old tweets to help your argument :lol SAD!

Chris
https://scontent-dft4-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/26733546_1445695415557284_3210966595254504789_n.jp g?oh=b4104f865fd4f9c4d1906419d0d04253&oe=5AEDE462

Pavlov
01-20-2018, 03:45 PM
5 year old tweets to help your argument :lol SAD!Was Trump lying then or is he lying now?

Chris
01-20-2018, 03:49 PM
https://scontent-dft4-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/26814827_1057278617746181_1208196128209354031_n.jp g?oh=de82e267dc420aca6a7f9d8882a037ba&oe=5B24A302

Chris
01-20-2018, 03:50 PM
https://scontent-dft4-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/26904266_1445316355595190_6725967757133687432_n.jp g?oh=2225fa0542a2432248fe1c1d1d57bcc2&oe=5AF8E798

Pavlov
01-20-2018, 03:50 PM
https://scontent-dft4-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/26733546_1445695415557284_3210966595254504789_n.jp g?oh=b4104f865fd4f9c4d1906419d0d04253&oe=5AEDE462lol using a five year old argument

Chris
01-20-2018, 03:52 PM
lol using a five year old argument

lol You guys brought it up.

rmt
01-20-2018, 03:53 PM

bou, don't you have a care for all those Americans who are going without pay, who are living pay check to pay check and in needless worry because the Dems care more about illegal immigrants than Americans? smh, you guys care nothing about your fellow countrymen - just about furthering your agenda.

Pavlov
01-20-2018, 03:53 PM
lol You guys brought it up.Actually they brought up Trump.

Was Trump lying then or is he lying now, Chris?

Chris
01-20-2018, 03:54 PM
Actually they brought up Trump.

Was Trump lying then or is he lying now, Chris?

Actually they brought up Cruz.

Pavlov
01-20-2018, 03:54 PM
bou, don't you have a care for all those Americans who are going without pay, who are living pay check to pay check and in needless worry because the Dems care more about illegal immigrants than Americans? smh, you guys care nothing about your fellow countrymen - just about furthering your agenda.Nah, government shutdowns have always been a Republican tactic. Every shutdown is on them.

Pavlov
01-20-2018, 03:55 PM
Actually they brought up Cruz.

398887965302091776 Chris

Was Trump lying then or is he lying now?

rmt
01-20-2018, 03:57 PM
Nah, government shutdowns have always been a Republican tactic. Every shutdown is on them.

It's okay as long as the Republicans get the blame, right?

Chris
01-20-2018, 03:58 PM

That's nice, you guys still brought up Cruz first.

Pavlov
01-20-2018, 03:59 PM
It's okay as long as the Republicans get the blame, right?Never said it's OK. It's always been a Republican tactic. Every shutdown is on them. Including this one.

Pavlov
01-20-2018, 03:59 PM
That's nice, you guys still brought up Cruz first.You didn't answer the question.

djohn2oo8
01-20-2018, 04:01 PM

Was he lying?

Chris
01-20-2018, 04:02 PM
You didn't answer the question.

I don't speak for Trump. Maybe you can send him a tweet.

Pavlov
01-20-2018, 04:03 PM
I don't speak for Trump. Maybe you can send him a tweet.You can have an opinion on whether he was lying then or lying now.

Chris
01-20-2018, 04:05 PM
You can have an opinion on whether he was lying then or lying now.

I don't have an opinion on that. Do you think he is lying? Be specific.

Pavlov
01-20-2018, 04:07 PM
I don't have an opinion on that. Do you think he is lying? Be specific.Yes. I think he's lying either then or now because the statements completely contradict each other.

This is really easy stuff, Chris. There's no need to be terrified of your own opinion.

Reck
01-20-2018, 04:20 PM
I don't have an opinion on that. Do you think he is lying? Be specific.

:lol How convienient.

:lol Evangelical Chris

Chris
01-20-2018, 04:38 PM

Reck
01-20-2018, 04:39 PM

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4314/35050141464_23d077aee7_b.jpg

Chris
01-20-2018, 04:42 PM
Coulter

Chris
01-20-2018, 04:42 PM
https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4314/35050141464_23d077aee7_b.jpg

Stay classy :tu

Chris
01-20-2018, 05:04 PM

rmt
01-20-2018, 05:08 PM
Never said it's OK. It's always been a Republican tactic. Every shutdown is on them. Including this one.

There are 51 Republican senators - 60 votes are needed for this to pass - how is this on them?

Flake and Graham are just beyond description.

Lee and Paul - why don't you drop the philosophical world and join reality?

dabom
01-20-2018, 05:19 PM
There are 51 Republican senators - 60 votes are needed for this to pass - how is this on them?

Maybe they should have negotiated a deal. Isn't that how it works? :lmao

Cue peepee in chief blaming the shutdown solely on the president. :lmao

Chris
01-20-2018, 05:22 PM
Democrats sealed their fate in November. They only want illegals to stay so they can get that vote. Pathetic. Fall of 2018 will be glorious.

dabom
01-20-2018, 05:23 PM
From the Art of the Deal to closing the government. :lol

spurraider21
01-20-2018, 05:26 PM
Democrats sealed their fate in November. They only want illegals to stay so they can get that vote. Pathetic. Fall of 2018 will be glorious.
illegals arent allowed to vote

conspiracy dead

ducks
01-20-2018, 05:34 PM
Illegals voted that is why Clinton got popular vote

Spurminator
01-20-2018, 05:36 PM
Illegals voted that is why Clinton got popular vote

Did you get secret results from the disbanded voter fraud commission?

Trump Fail.

Chris
01-20-2018, 05:58 PM
illegals arent allowed to vote

conspiracy dead

That's right just label it a conspiracy and write it off.

Clinton campaign enlists undocumented 'Dreamers' for voter registration drive
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/08/15/clinton-campaign-enlists-undocumented-dreamers-for-voter-registration-drive.html

Study supports Trump: 5.7 million noncitizens may have cast illegal votes
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jun/19/noncitizen-illegal-vote-number-higher-than-estimat/

Betting you won't read either.

FuzzyLumpkins
01-20-2018, 06:02 PM

Who was filibustering?

spurraider21
01-20-2018, 06:03 PM
That's right just label it a conspiracy and write it off.

Clinton campaign enlists undocumented 'Dreamers' for voter registration drive
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/08/15/clinton-campaign-enlists-undocumented-dreamers-for-voter-registration-drive.html
cool. nothing there supports illegals voting

Study supports Trump: 5.7 million noncitizens may have cast illegal votes
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jun/19/noncitizen-illegal-vote-number-higher-than-estimat/
:lol the people who's data they used said they misused their data. they extrapolated a tiny sample size that wasn't even a random sample... again, this is old news. what happened to the voter fraud commission?

Betting you won't read either.
bet again

Chris
01-20-2018, 06:18 PM
cool. nothing there supports illegals voting

Those were your words. You didn't read my post or that article.

:lol the people who's data they used said they misused their data. they extrapolated a tiny sample size that wasn't even a random sample... again, this is old news. what happened to the voter fraud commission?

Not sure what you are rambling about here. Are you saying there's no such thing as voter fraud?

bet again

I'm betting you didn't read anything, just writing it off as a conspiracy - which is fine. That is your prerogative.

FuzzyLumpkins
01-20-2018, 06:26 PM
60 votes are needed in the senate to close debate and bring a measure to a vote. Someone has to be up there debating for that to be at issue. If a senator would get up to the podium and filibuster then a) we would have seen it, and b) he/she received all of the blame.

McConnell could have gotten the measure passed through reconciliation or through regular channels if he had gotten 51 votes. Flake, Graham, Lee, Paul, etc voted no.

Nevermind that the senate brought Trump a bill that he rejected at the beginning of the week starting this whole mess.

People need to use more critical thinking and less GOP talking points.

Chris
01-20-2018, 06:38 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DUBG3GsWAAA2QIL.jpg:large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DUAKlOtWsAA5DPv.jpg:large

Pavlov
01-20-2018, 06:45 PM
There are 51 Republican senators - 60 votes are needed for this to pass - how is this on them?A deal was in place. Republicans should've gone through with the deal. It's all on them.

ducks
01-20-2018, 07:13 PM
That was a bad deal
Deomorcrats should have taken republican deal

djohn2oo8
01-20-2018, 07:21 PM
That was a bad deal
Deomorcrats should have taken republican deal

:lmao

djohn2oo8
01-20-2018, 07:22 PM
Deal was already done.

Pavlov
01-20-2018, 07:24 PM
Mexico was supposed to pay for the wall, remember?

CosmicCowboy
01-20-2018, 07:44 PM
Mexico was supposed to pay for the wall, remember?
18 billion over 10 years in a multi trillion annual budget is an ignorant reason to shut down the government.

Pavlov
01-20-2018, 07:45 PM
18 billion over 10 years in a multi trillion annual budget is an ignorant reason to shut down the government.And yet, dealmaster Trump let it happen.

CosmicCowboy
01-20-2018, 07:50 PM
And yet, dealmaster Trump let it happen.

Yeah, trump created this disfunctional senate. You are supposed to be smarter than that.

Pavlov
01-20-2018, 07:52 PM
Yeah, trump created this disfunctional senate. You are supposed to be smarter than that.No, Trump was supposed to be smarter than everybody.

http://citytelegraph.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/garbage2.jpg

CosmicCowboy
01-20-2018, 07:53 PM
You are supposed to be smarter than that. Quit acting like boutons.

Pavlov
01-20-2018, 07:54 PM
You are supposed to be smarter than that. Quit acting like boutons.You will make any excuse for Trump you can.

CosmicCowboy
01-20-2018, 07:55 PM
No I wont. Trumps a tool but he didnt create this dysfunctional senate.

rmt
01-20-2018, 07:56 PM
A deal was in place. Republicans should've gone through with the deal. It's all on them.

Immigration is totally different from the budget. And you call that crap that was brought to Trump - a deal?