PDA

View Full Version : Nuggets: Anthony makes "All-Star" guarantee

ducks
10-19-2005, 09:11 AM
Nuggets: Anthony makes "All-Star" guarantee
by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com
Wednesday, October 19, 2005

News
Nuggets forward Carmelo Anthony has been in attendance for a pair of All-Star weekends, but both have been to participate in the rookie-sophomore game. When asked about if he expects to be in Houston for the All-Star game, Anthony told the Rocky Mountain News, "I will, don't worry about that. It's an individual goal, but at the same time, I think, with what I do on the court, I'll be there."

Views
Anthony was playing well at the end of last season and has averaged a team-high 20 points per game in the preseason. There are times where he doesn't seem focused on the court, but he seems to have turned the corner and is poised for a big season. Fantasy owners will want to consider him a top-20 forward with potential for much more than that.

gus
10-19-2005, 10:25 AM
Yes.... like when he guaranteed the Olympic Gold Medal, what a moron...

rayray2k8
10-19-2005, 12:28 PM
I guarantee he'll get his ass whooped by the spurs on opening night.
How you like that 'melo? Kiss the ring bitch.

SPURS21
10-19-2005, 12:37 PM
at least he has high personal goals for himself, or maybe hes just high :smokin

nkdlunch
10-19-2005, 02:03 PM
I think, with what I do on the court, I'll be there."

How the hell is this a guarantee???

Obstructed_View
10-19-2005, 02:30 PM
A little sensationalized, eh? Must have been a slow news day at fanball.com.

NuGGeTs-FaN
10-19-2005, 02:49 PM
Melo will be a whole different player this season, he is more aggressive instead of settling for J's but his J is also looking alot better and is fg% has been way up since Karl came along, he is hitting the boards more and doing more on the court. I think he will make the all star team for sure.

As for our 1st meeting with the Spurs, Bowen wont have much success with Melo this time .. i can at least guarantee that :hat

Obstructed_View
10-19-2005, 05:49 PM
You mean George Karl wasn't the coach in the playoffs last year? Hmmm, I wonder who that was crying to the media after the Nuggs got it handed to them? If 'melo is as aggressive on the court as he was politicking for a foul call, he might win MVP.

NuGGeTs-FaN
10-19-2005, 06:09 PM
You mean George Karl wasn't the coach in the playoffs last year? Hmmm, I wonder who that was crying to the media after the Nuggs got it handed to them? If 'melo is as aggressive on the court as he was politicking for a foul call, he might win MVP.

lets just see what happens on opening night.....im not expecting the Nuggets to upset the Spurs but i believe that Bowen's days of hounding Melo are over

Obstructed_View
10-19-2005, 06:15 PM
It's always possible. Bowen is only getting older, so eventually you'll be right.

NuGGeTs-FaN
10-19-2005, 06:40 PM
It's always possible. Bowen is only getting older, so eventually you'll be right.

hopefully its this season lol.......im sure Bowen will still be able to lock down Ray :smokin

ALVAREZ6
10-19-2005, 06:51 PM
Carmelo is one stupid ass fuck. Period.

I remember that jackass mother fucking writer from Denver dissing Manu for being selected, and how Melo wasn't picked to be an All-Star.

Pathetic.

NuGGeTs-FaN
10-19-2005, 07:18 PM

insightful
:rolleyes

ducks
10-19-2005, 07:21 PM

I remember that jackass mother fucking writer from Denver dissing Manu for being selected, and how Melo wasn't picked to be an All-Star.

Pathetic.

I do not see where he said he would be an allstar

tp's goal is that this year
NOTHING wrong with that

MAY the person playing the best at the postion go to the game

BronxCowboy
10-19-2005, 07:23 PM

It isn't.

I will, don't worry about that.

But that sounds like one to me.