PDA

View Full Version : Broussard thinks LeBron should choose San Antonio over all other teams

Budkin
01-19-2018, 12:21 AM

Robz4000
01-19-2018, 12:24 AM
He won't be a Spur. Ever.

Clipper Nation
01-19-2018, 12:32 AM
Well, I guess we now know LeBron won't be signing with the Spurs, Rockets, Lakers, Sixers or Knicks. Thanks, Broussard!

Robz4000
01-19-2018, 12:46 AM
Well, I guess we now know LeBron won't be signing with the Spurs, Rockets, Lakers, Sixers or Knicks. Thanks, Broussard!

Fuck, guess he is going to Boston.

ElNono
01-19-2018, 12:54 AM
multiple sauces

phxspurfan
01-19-2018, 01:11 AM
Sure we'll pay 40 year old LeBroom the supermax, over Kawhi. Sure

DMC
01-19-2018, 01:55 AM
Leboon doesn't want rings as much as he wants more money. NY is the only option.

Snaq O'Meal
01-19-2018, 02:08 AM
Leboon doesn't want rings as much as he wants more money. NY is the only option.

He has enough money already. The only blemish to his legacy is the lack of rings.

spurraider21
01-19-2018, 02:34 AM
multiple sauces
cans confirm

BatManu20
01-19-2018, 02:37 AM
Rockets or Clippers if they sign PG13 or another All-Star. Or he stays in CLE and they trade the Brooklyn pick for another All-Star. He's not coming to the retirement home in churro-town.

szkorhetz
01-19-2018, 02:42 AM
Sure we'll pay 40 year old LeBroom the supermax, over Kawhi. Sure
At least LeBron is on the court.

r0drig0lac
01-19-2018, 04:00 AM
Fuck, guess he is going to Boston.

playing with Irving? no way

duncan2k5
01-19-2018, 05:00 AM
Lebron us about the hype and mystique... He isn't coming here... Especially to have all credit go to Pop if we do win

BillMc
01-19-2018, 05:23 AM
LeBron has said he'll never play for less than the max again. What would we have to do to the team to even make space for him? Would he want to play with what's left? Would that be better than what he has in Cleveland after the gutting to make space?

John B
01-19-2018, 06:44 AM
It looks like Houston to me, unless Spurs beat them in the WCF which Spurs could if healthy, then Spurs has legitimate chance of getting LeBron.

cd98
01-19-2018, 08:51 AM
I could see a small scenario where he came to SA. But still highly unlikely. If Kawhi didn’t have an injury that made his availability unknown, then I think the Spurs would have a small shot. But he has no reason to come here if he can’t team with an MVP caliber player.

Seventyniner
01-19-2018, 08:56 AM
Sign and trade for Kawhi.

TimDunkem
01-19-2018, 09:55 AM
Kawhi is done. Why would LeBron come here? To play with Patty Mills?

Dverde
01-19-2018, 09:59 AM
He’ll go thru the motions, but he’ll never sign here.

Ice009
01-19-2018, 10:03 AM

Do you really think that? or are you just saying that is the perception that Lebron would have if he even gives a thought about coming here.

bklynspursfan
01-19-2018, 10:07 AM

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18515342/cavaliers-lebron-james-says-spurs-gregg-popovich-nba-all-greatest-coach

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2017/01/21/lebron-considering-return-to-us-olympic-team-under-popovich/96881518/

TimDunkem
01-19-2018, 10:07 AM
Do you really think that? or are you just saying that is the perception that Lebron would have if he even gives a thought about coming here.

A little of both. I have a bad feeling about Kawhi's injury. Regardless, LBJ isn't going to take the chance of coming here when Kawhi can't even wipe his own ass yet.

TimDunkem
01-19-2018, 10:09 AM
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18515342/cavaliers-lebron-james-says-spurs-gregg-popovich-nba-all-greatest-coach

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2017/01/21/lebron-considering-return-to-us-olympic-team-under-popovich/96881518/

Pop isn't going to play with him on the floor. He's going to want another elite player to join him on the floor. Kawhi can't even wipe his own ass yet.

duncan2k5
01-19-2018, 10:12 AM
He’ll go thru the motions, but he’ll never sign here.

Completely agree

bklynspursfan
01-19-2018, 10:13 AM
Pop isn't going to play with him on the floor. He's going to want another elite player to join him on the floor. Kawhi can't even wipe his own ass yet.

Pop isn't going to play with him in the Olympics either, but he's considering re-joining because of Pop.

TheGreatYacht
01-19-2018, 10:23 AM
Made the mistake of peeking at the replies and saw this

:lmao

These type of "built not bought" faggot fans are the same ones that don't bother voting for the ASG because "our Spurs would prefer the rest". Worst fan base in basketball.

cd98
01-19-2018, 10:39 AM
Yes, the Spurs aren't idiots. You take Lebron, even an older Lebron, because he is that good. At the same time, I don't know if the Spurs can handle the type of control over a franchise that Lebron demands. He isn't a Ball-like distraction, but no doubt he and his buddies run the Cavs. Not sure Pop would allow any of that as he is a control freak as well.

spursistan
01-19-2018, 11:17 AM
He won't be a Spur. Ever.

Rockets or Clippers if they sign PG13 or another All-Star. Or he stays in CLE and they trade the Brooklyn pick for another All-Star. He's not coming to the retirement home in churro-town.
TBQH :lol

Nathan89
01-19-2018, 11:25 AM
Kawhi's injuries closed the door on this.

spursistan
01-19-2018, 11:34 AM
1- Houston

2- Lakers (purely a business decision with an eye on his post-playing career)
3- Clippers (If they get Paul George)

4- Miami (dark horse)
5- Cleveland
6- New York (mystique and business)

All of the above teams have better chance at landing him :lol..

Ice009
01-19-2018, 11:35 AM
Kawhi's injuries closed the door on this.

Very well may have. I think Lebron may have had a sit-down with Pop. Not sure if the Spurs will even get that anymore.

spursistan
01-19-2018, 11:39 AM
Very well may have. I think Lebron may have had a sit-down with Pop. Not sure if the Spurs will even get that anymore.
The (star) players love/admire/respect Pop is arguably the most overrated and vacuous thing in the entire league..

The reality is only Duncan would have have allowed him to be what he is..

DAF86
01-19-2018, 11:49 AM
I don't see two control freaks like Lebron and Pop ever working together.

DAF86
01-19-2018, 11:51 AM
But...

Lebron
Green
Kawhi
Bertans/Gay
Aldridge

:hungry:

coachmac87
01-19-2018, 11:56 AM
Houston is the front runner...

I stated that on here before season started..

Spurs gotta have things in place in order to make a pitch to LeBron. That was the biggest issue this offseason regarding Paul..there were too many moving parts to truly grasp what the team will look like..even if the final product was better than Houston.

At least the Spurs know what they have player/salary wise this go around. Houston will have to get creative with moving parts and other things must happen first. Meanwhile Spurs can move players like Mills or Gasol etc.

CP3-Harden-LeBron or Kawhi-LeBron-LMA

Rockets trio is better/easier sell imo. They’re all friends they all play different positions and the system they’d play in would be fun. Spurs trio imo would match up better against GSW due to size and GSW not being able to guard anyone of those guys..but everything outside of that favors Houston.

Like Broussard says tho “strictly ball” Spurs make most sense..but life for LeBron living in SA isn’t a good fit at all.

SAGirl
01-19-2018, 12:02 PM
I don't see him coming here.

1. I agree with Nathan89, Kawhi's injuries are going to influence all FA this summer negatively. I don't think the Spurs are going to be a draw this summer, unfortunately.

2. They have to pretty much wipe out the entire roster down to like 4 guys or something to open up a max slot. Here's an article from Project Spurs that does a breakdown of all that needs to go down to open up a max slot.
https://projectspurs.com/2018/01/18/the-spurs-current-cap-situation/

BTW Lebron isn't signing for less than the max.. nor should he.

It's too uphill on both fronts (Kiwi injured, roster bare down to 4 signed guys or something and one of them is injury prone -- take your fanglasses off).

SAGirl
01-19-2018, 12:07 PM
But...

Lebron
Green
Kawhi
Bertans/Gay
Aldridge

That's an impossible roster.

As explained here: https://projectspurs.com/2018/01/18/the-spurs-current-cap-situation/ In order to open up a max spot for Lebron, the Spurs have to renounce all their RFA (no Bertans), and all their players with an option opt out and leave (no Danny and no Gay either)...

If you read the article, (I recommend it btw.. outside Chinook, I don't think anyone else has been that thorough explaining cap intricacies) you will understand why Lebron in San Antonio is a fantasy... add in Kawhi's injuries and it's just not going to happen.

DAF86
01-19-2018, 12:17 PM

As explained here: https://projectspurs.com/2018/01/18/the-spurs-current-cap-situation/ In order to open up a max spot for Lebron, the Spurs have to renounce all their RFA (no Bertans), and all their players with an option opt out and leave (no Danny and no Gay either)...

If you read the article, (I recommend it btw.. outside Chinook, I don't think anyone else has been that thorough explaining cap intricacies) you will understand why Lebron in San Antonio is a fantasy... add in Kawhi's injuries and it's just not going to happen.

It isn't impossible with Tony's 15 millions off the book and some moves (trade Patt and/or Pau).

SAGirl
01-19-2018, 12:27 PM
It isn't impossible with Tony's 15 millions off the book and some moves (trade Patt and/or Pau).
did you read the article or no?
to create the space. you have to renounce all of your RFA, retire manu and stretch him, let all of your players with options opt out and leave and that still leaves with you with

The seven remaining players currently account for $78,410,994 in guaranteed contracts after including the final season of Tim Duncan’s stretched contract. With the cap projected to be $101 million dollars for the 2018-2019 off-season, this would appear to leave the Spurs with $22,589,006 in cap space. This is not exactly the case, however. If the Spurs were to waive each of their free agents’ cap holds and waive Paul, they would only have 7 players on the roster, resulting in roster charges equaling $4,156,555 in total, taking their potential cap space down to $18,432,451, which is about half of what the Spurs’ would need to sign a veteran max-contract level player.
Here is what you propose:

If the Spurs’ wanted to open max space this off-season, the easiest path would be trading Pau Gasol to a team with the cap space to absorb his contract. The Spurs’ would most likely need to include one or multiple draft picks and a young, talented player, such as Dejounte Murray, for the other team to accept absorbing a $16.8 million dollar contract. Trading Gasol and Murray to shed space next off-season would free San Antonio’s cap space up to $35,950,136, after accounting for roster charges and assuming Ginobili retires and the Spurs’ stretch his contract. This would leave the Spurs with only four players under contract and just enough space to sign a veteran free agent, however, which makes the series of events unlikely for the Spurs.

Even if you trade out a package of Gasol and Murray to some team that has the capspace to take him in, you still need to renounce all your RFA and have everyone opt out. That is the way I understood that article. I only quoted what' relevant to your specific point, but it's tough to understand without reading the article with the breakdown he gives.

Edit: I understood the remaining 4 players in the roster to be: Kawhi, Lamarcus, Mills and Derrick White. You have room to add a max Lebron and one veteran FA... (the MLE?)

Dre_7
01-19-2018, 12:28 PM

Why is everyone talking like Kawhi is going to miss the entire season?

SAGirl
01-19-2018, 12:36 PM
I am not assuming anything, but he is questionable and very well may. No one knows.

gambit1990
01-19-2018, 12:37 PM
maybe he’d go to the knicks? i don’t see him going to the lakers. maybe jerry west could help clippers’ chances...

he’s not going to golden state or boston. who else is there... sa/hou/okc. he wants to win imo. especially after he gets beat in the finals again.

Dre_7
01-19-2018, 12:40 PM
I am not assuming anything, but he is questionable and very well may. No one knows.

Pop laughed at the notion that he would be out the season. He isn't questionable for the year. He is out right now indefinitely. And the reason they said indefinitely is so they wouldn't have to put a time frame on it, but nothing the Spurs or anyone else has said would indicate that he is at risk for missing the entire season.

DMC
01-19-2018, 12:46 PM
He has enough money already. The only blemish to his legacy is the lack of rings.

Legacy's ass. When you retire, you need wealth. Lebron said he want's to be a billionaire. Scotty Pippen has 6 rings. He's damn near broke.

DMC
01-19-2018, 12:47 PM

Maybe because he cannot string together consecutive games?

SAGirl
01-19-2018, 12:49 PM
Pop laughed at the notion that he would be out the season. He isn't questionable for the year. He is out right now indefinitely. And the reason they said indefinitely is so they wouldn't have to put a time frame on it, but nothing the Spurs or anyone else has said would indicate that he is at risk for missing the entire season.
Listen... you can believe whatever you want.

Pop's "sooner rather than later" meant the team has already played 46 games, they are already something like 60% of the season in, and Kawhi is out indefinitely

The way I understood the interviews, he's had pain the entire time. He is better than he was when the season started, but his pain was increasing with even a very mild work schedule, so I don't expect him back.

For all we know it might take him another 3 months to get past this setback and that is already too close to the playoffs for him to be going through 2 days in between games, 15 minutes at a time... the entire shindig that they went through right now. It all depends on how he's healing and he's not healing well. So you can believe whatever you want, I am pessimistic based on his trajectory and I prefer that they don't rush him and he doesn't rush himself to get back if he's not 100% as in 0 pain.

If this is something he's going to have to deal for his entire career then it's a worse prognosis.

Dre_7
01-19-2018, 12:50 PM
Maybe because he cannot string together consecutive games?

But if that is the only thing they are basing it on then they haven't been paying attention to what Pop and the Spurs have been saying.

Dre_7
01-19-2018, 12:51 PM

Pop's "sooner rather than later" meant the team has already played 46 games, they are already something like 60% of the season in, and Kawhi is out indefinitely

The way I understood the interviews, he's had pain the entire time. He is better than he was when the season started, but his pain was increasing with even a very mild work schedule, so I don't expect him back.

For all we know it might take him another 3 months to get past this setback and that is already too close to the playoffs for him to be going through 2 days in between games, 15 minutes at a time... the entire shindig that they went through right now. It all depends on how he's healing and he's not healing well. So you can believe whatever you want, I am pessimistic based on his trajectory and I prefer that they don't rush him and he doesn't rush himself to get back if he's not 100% as in 0 pain.

If this is something he's going to have to deal for his entire career then it's a worse prognosis.

Again, just speculation. People (not you, but others) are acting like his year and career are in jeopardy based just on speculation.

And if he rehabs properly, it won't be something that he has to deal with his entire career.

sananspursfan21
01-19-2018, 12:52 PM
I mean, he’s right if we’re talking winning championships tbh

bklynspursfan
01-19-2018, 01:00 PM

When he said that tho, their record was 8-5. He returned when they were 19-8. Let's just hope it isn't too long this go around for him. He started to look better the more he played (naturally) so lets just hope that pain level gets to manageable level

gambit1990
01-19-2018, 01:05 PM
cp3 hasn't resigned with the rockets.

mavs should see about moving barnes, matthews in the offseason... carlisle, high draft pick, cp3, lebron, dirk.

DMC
01-19-2018, 01:08 PM
But if that is the only thing they are basing it on then they haven't been paying attention to what Pop and the Spurs have been saying.

Let's revisit what they've been saying after the season.

DMC
01-19-2018, 01:10 PM
Again, just speculation. People (not you, but others) are acting like his year and career are in jeopardy based just on speculation.

And if he rehabs properly, it won't be something that he has to deal with his entire career.

How many mysterious injuries has he had? Does he have a genetic disorder?

Dverde
01-19-2018, 01:11 PM
cp3 hasn't resigned with the rockets.

mavs should see about moving barnes, matthews in the offseason... carlisle, high draft pick, cp3, lebron, dirk.

Mavs has a ton of cap room coming. They just need to fire Carlisle and hire Fisdale. LBJ don’t want to play for Jim Carrey.

coachmac87
01-19-2018, 01:17 PM
did you read the article or no?
to create the space. you have to renounce all of your RFA, retire manu and stretch him, let all of your players with options opt out and leave and that still leaves with you with

Here is what you propose:

Even if you trade out a package of Gasol and Murray to some team that has the capspace to take him in, you still need to renounce all your RFA and have everyone opt out. That is the way I understood that article. I only quoted what' relevant to your specific point, but it's tough to understand without reading the article with the breakdown he gives.

Edit: I understood the remaining 4 players in the roster to be: Kawhi, Lamarcus, Mills and Derrick White.

That article sucks

SAGirl
01-19-2018, 01:26 PM
When he said that tho, their record was 8-5. He returned when they were 19-8. Let's just hope it isn't too long this go around for him. He started to look better the more he played (naturally) so lets just hope that pain level gets to manageable level
I am only concerned about how long it has really taken Kawhi to heal.

He took months, let's say 4 months if you take September when training camp started, to play 15 minutes in a game for the first time this season... and I am taking September, but it's likely that it took him longer, since we don't know when exactly he started to feel pain, but he said it was in the summer, so his rehab might have been a lot longer than we know (and he didn't train with Dejounte and Kyle like he said he would, so we know he altered his summer training plans at some point).

But, let's say September he was very injured. His teammates hadn't seen him at the training facility and he wasn't scrimmaging. He was not well at all. In November, he was seen with a very noticeable and heavy limp with difficulty even going up some stairs since it looked like he couldn't bend his leg. He was at least traveling with the team and it was obvious he was eager to return to play...

He came back to play in December, with the 15 minutes stints... After 9 appearances, in a one month period, when they expected that he should start resuming a normal playing schedule including eliminating the 2 days rest in between games, he couldn't do it. Not only that, his pain was increasing. So, basically it's been 5 months (since September, but as I said it might be more) of rehab (that we know of).

His protocol to come back was to slowly increase the workload and see how he handled it. I expect when he comes back it will be on a similar protocol. If that date is too close to the playoffs he won't have time to go through that protocol. Maybe he can do it, but based on what I have seen, it's also a possibility that he can't come back in time. He has been healing extremely slowly.

----------------------------------------------
Now, I am no assuming Grant Hill or Penny or stuff like that. I am optimistic he will be back to himself... what I have doubts really is that his slow healing process will allow him to come back in time to be impactful this season.
-----------------------------------------------
I hope to be wrong... it's possible that he can come back with sufficient time to handle a full workload in time for the playoffs. We will just have to see how he recovers.

SAGirl
01-19-2018, 01:27 PM
That article sucks
it's the best explanation I have found of cap situations next summer.... if you don't like it, find me one better.

SAGirl
01-19-2018, 01:42 PM
maybe he’d go to the knicks? i don’t see him going to the lakers. maybe jerry west could help clippers’ chances...

he’s not going to golden state or boston. who else is there... sa/hou/okc. he wants to win imo. especially after he gets beat in the finals again.
Somehow I don't see him coming west to battle 3/4 times a season with GSW, SA (with a healthy Kawhi next season), HOU, OKC and you can add Minnesota for his former nemesis Jimmy Butler who is balling this year.

I am very bad on speculations that don't involve the Spurs, but I think he stays east... Philly? NYC? It has to be some east team IMO.

sasaint
01-19-2018, 01:43 PM
I don't see two control freaks like Lebron and Pop ever working together.

:toast People think the Dubs and Rockettes have volatile locker rooms. :lol

Dre_7
01-19-2018, 01:46 PM
How many mysterious injuries has he had? Does he have a genetic disorder?

It's not a mysterious injury :lol

Its quadriceps Tendinopathy. That's been reported already.

cascaders
01-19-2018, 01:46 PM
he is coming to spurs, book it.
and btw, I see so many spurs fan disliking the idea of LeBron coming here, lmao who you kidding? don't lie to yourself, you know you want him here too.
If he comes here, then he's really gonna end up being remembered as one of the greats. He's gonna catch up to MJ..
He is gonna win so many championships here in san Antonio. Just imagine, bringing the spurs to the finals, year after year...after year. ( That's what he does, he wills his team all the way to the finals.)
AND, having a solid reliable bench and role players ( which he knows he will have with the spurs), shit I just don't see any of them letting him down in crunch time.
Oh and yea, he'll be having a legit coach ( about damn time), and he can say good bye to that piece of shit, pathetic excuse for a coach tyronn lue.
His legacy would be cemented. Think about it. And also, he's only 33 years old. Let say he plays till 40 like Duncan. That's another 7 possible years of getting a ring.. ample of time.
And for once, us die hard fan of spurs... we'll be feared again for our dominance, and wont be the underdog anymore. Nice time to be a spurs fan imo

Dre_7
01-19-2018, 01:53 PM
I am only concerned about how long it has really taken Kawhi to heal.

He took months, let's say 4 months if you take September when training camp started, to play 15 minutes in a game for the first time this season... and I am taking September, but it's likely that it took him longer, since we don't know when exactly he started to feel pain, but he said it was in the summer, so his rehab might have been a lot longer than we know (and he didn't train with Dejounte and Kyle like he said he would, so we know he altered his summer training plans at some point).

But, let's say September he was very injured. His teammates hadn't seen him at the training facility and he wasn't scrimmaging. He was not well at all. In November, he was seen with a very noticeable and heavy limp with difficulty even going up some stairs since it looked like he couldn't bend his leg. He was at least traveling with the team and it was obvious he was eager to return to play...

He came back to play in December, with the 15 minutes stints... After 9 appearances, in a one month period, when they expected that he should start resuming a normal playing schedule including eliminating the 2 days rest in between games, he couldn't do it. Not only that, his pain was increasing. So, basically it's been 5 months (since September, but as I said it might be more) of rehab (that we know of).

His protocol to come back was to slowly increase the workload and see how he handled it. I expect when he comes back it will be on a similar protocol. If that date is too close to the playoffs he won't have time to go through that protocol. Maybe he can do it, but based on what I have seen, it's also a possibility that he can't come back in time. He has been healing extremely slowly.

----------------------------------------------
Now, I am no assuming Grant Hill or Penny or stuff like that. I am optimistic he will be back to himself... what I have doubts really is that his slow healing process will allow him to come back in time to be impactful this season.
-----------------------------------------------
I hope to be wrong... it's possible that he can come back with sufficient time to handle a full workload in time for the playoffs. We will just have to see how he recovers.

Tendinopathy can be tricky. There is a lot of new information coming out in the past couple years regarding Tentinopathy. You have to be careful with how you treat it and how you load the tendon. Spurs are going the more cautious route to avoid making it a chronic issue. It should't take as long as it took to start the season because he has made significant progress since and hasn't had a set back according to the Spurs. I am hoping/guessing that he will be back sometime near or around the ASG. But we will just have to see. Either way, I care about his long term health over rushing him back too soon.

gambit1990
01-19-2018, 02:01 PM
Somehow I don't see him coming west to battle 3/4 times a season with GSW, SA (with a healthy Kawhi next season), HOU, OKC and you can add Minnesota for his former nemesis Jimmy Butler who is balling this year.

I am very bad on speculations that don't involve the Spurs, but I think he stays east... Philly? NYC? It has to be some east team IMO.
his whole career i never imaged him coming west. not until now and that's because of the warriors. i can see him making the jump because joining a top tier team in the west would yield a better team than one in the east with him on it.

i think lebron to ny would be cool but i think he'll wanna join a team that's already almost there.

Dre_7
01-19-2018, 02:04 PM
As far as the original subject of this thread goes, I would love to see LeBron sign with the Spurs! If he is willing, you trade whoever it takes not named Kawhi to make room for him to sign. I could see it happen but am not getting my hopes up.

BG_Spurs_Fan
01-19-2018, 02:14 PM
That article sucks

What sucks about it? It's pretty spot on, not that this is the only way to get a max slot, but the differences would be minor.

Houston would be hard pressed to clear a max slot too, even more difficult than the Spurs.

Chillen
01-19-2018, 03:23 PM
This has a chance of happening because the Spurs are the only safe team for LeBron to bolt from the Cavaliers if he so chooses. Leonard, James, Aldridge he would still have a big 3 in place and it wouldn't look bad in the public eye signing with San Antonio. Not likely but it's possible since he hasn't signed an extension with Cavs.

DJR210
01-19-2018, 03:28 PM
Yes, the Spurs aren't idiots. You take Lebron, even an older Lebron, because he is that good. At the same time, I don't know if the Spurs can handle the type of control over a franchise that Lebron demands. He isn't a Ball-like distraction, but no doubt he and his buddies run the Cavs. Not sure Pop would allow any of that as he is a control freak as well.

True, but has Lebron ever had a coach/management that he actually respected?

Dre_7
01-19-2018, 03:33 PM
True, but has Lebron ever had a coach/management that he actually respected?

He respects Pop, so...

r0drig0lac
01-19-2018, 03:38 PM
As far as the original subject of this thread goes, I would love to see LeBron sign with the Spurs! If he is willing, you trade whoever it takes not named Kawhi to make room for him to sign. I could see it happen but am not getting my hopes up.

/thread

anything other than this is bs

daledondale
01-19-2018, 03:38 PM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/30edb4c96e81d1bffb11061c5e2a6f60/tenor.gif?itemid=6159589

Chucho
01-19-2018, 03:47 PM
/thread

anything other than this is bs

Shows how lousy/stupid the average "fan" here has become. The GOAT of this generation matched up with the team of the last 20 years? You do it. All day, every day.

coachmac87
01-19-2018, 04:32 PM
He respects Pop, so...

And Pop would be the only reason why he’d even consider coming here...

Rockets are extremely appealing with Paul and Harden but if Pop and LeBron joined forces it’d put the fear of God into the league..including the Warriors.

Keepin' it real
01-19-2018, 04:36 PM
But...

Lebron
Green
Kawhi
Bertans/Gay
Aldridge

You forgot Patty.

HarlemHeat37
01-19-2018, 04:37 PM
And Pop would be the only reason why he’d even consider coming here...

Rockets are extremely appealing with Paul and Harden but if Pop and LeBron joined forces it’d put the fear of God into the league..including the Warriors.

Silver&Black
01-19-2018, 04:37 PM
If for the minimum....why not?

Keepin' it real
01-19-2018, 04:39 PM

Sounds mysterious.

baseline bum
01-19-2018, 04:44 PM
Houston is the front runner...

I stated that on here before season started..

Spurs gotta have things in place in order to make a pitch to LeBron. That was the biggest issue this offseason regarding Paul..there were too many moving parts to truly grasp what the team will look like..even if the final product was better than Houston.

At least the Spurs know what they have player/salary wise this go around. Houston will have to get creative with moving parts and other things must happen first. Meanwhile Spurs can move players like Mills or Gasol etc.

CP3-Harden-LeBron or Kawhi-LeBron-LMA

Rockets trio is better/easier sell imo. They’re all friends they all play different positions and the system they’d play in would be fun. Spurs trio imo would match up better against GSW due to size and GSW not being able to guard anyone of those guys..but everything outside of that favors Houston.

Like Broussard says tho “strictly ball” Spurs make most sense..but life for LeBron living in SA isn’t a good fit at all.

James isn't going to Houston. He already said he will never play for less than max. So that's $35 million for James. Harden is making $30.4 million next year. CP3 should get $30 million at least, so that leaves $5.6 million under the cap, which isn't enough to pay the cap hits for the nine empty roster spots. Nevermind it ignores how the Rockets could ever get someone to take Ryan Anderson's $20.4 million, PJ Tucker's $8 million, and Eric Gordon's $13.5 million. The cap is only going to be $101 million next summer.

coachmac87
01-19-2018, 05:38 PM

The media would lose their shit....

Warriors have already publicly stated their biggest concern is the Spurs..

SAGirl
01-19-2018, 05:42 PM
James isn't going to Houston. He already said he will never play for less than max. So that's $35 million for James. Harden is making $30.4 million next year. CP3 should get $30 million at least, so that leaves $5.6 million under the cap, which isn't enough to pay the cap hits for the nine empty roster spots. Nevermind it ignores how the Rockets could ever get someone to take Ryan Anderson's $20.4 million, PJ Tucker's $8 million, and Eric Gordon's $13.5 million. The cap is only going to be $101 million next summer.

There’s no giving a reality check to some fans...

Darius Bieber
01-19-2018, 05:44 PM
LeBron would sign with the Jazz before he signs with the Spurs tbh

coachmac87
01-19-2018, 05:46 PM

Well Houston has made it known their desperate and if LeBron and Paul can play together who knows what $$ they’d take.

DMC
01-19-2018, 05:47 PM

Sure it's been reported. So being reported makes it no longer mysterious? He just gets this condition out of the blue?

DMC
01-19-2018, 05:48 PM
James either stays in Cleveland or he goes to NY. He could bank in LA as well, but the stench of Kobe still permeates that building. He doesn't want to be part of that rebuilding from years of fellating a gelding.

cd98
01-19-2018, 06:04 PM
LeBron is only going somewhere that will give him a chance to win and bulk up his legacy with the possible exception of LA for business reasons, but LA would still need to hit home runs in free agency to make the team attractive enough for LeBron.

I can’t see LeBron going to NY without significant changes.

Seventyniner
01-19-2018, 06:14 PM
True, but has Lebron ever had a coach/management worthy of respect?

Fixed.

UZER
01-19-2018, 07:06 PM
Please.

LeBron respects Pop. Big deal. So does every other player that says "I would love to play for Pop" but finds every excuse in the book to never come here. Then the one guy that finally said yes asks to be traded 2 years later.

Mr. Body
01-19-2018, 07:30 PM
Brook-lyyyyyn.

JK. Have no idea.

Budkin
01-19-2018, 08:17 PM
Please.

LeBron respects Pop. Big deal. So does every other player that says "I would love to play for Pop" but finds every excuse in the book to never come here. Then the one guy that finally said yes asks to be traded 2 years later.

Because Pop yells at them and makes them cry. Pussies.

Dre_7
01-19-2018, 08:51 PM
Sure it's been reported. So being reported makes it no longer mysterious? He just gets this condition out of the blue?

Not out of the blue. It's an over use injury. He overworked it somehow in the summer I would guess. My bet is he was pissed about getting knocked out of the playoffs so he pushed it too hard and too soon and ignored the pain or tried to push through it for a little while.

Bill_Brasky
01-19-2018, 09:04 PM
Lebron is such a jew, no way he comes here for the peanuts that we inevitably offer.

Mal
01-19-2018, 09:16 PM
How can Spurs have salary space after resigning Green, Parker and Anderson.

Darius Bieber
01-19-2018, 09:21 PM
He wouldn't come to this trash team.

DJR210
01-19-2018, 09:31 PM
He respects Pop, so...

Fixed.

Both my exact points :tu

Hoops Czar
01-19-2018, 09:36 PM
He respects Pop, so...
Has there ever been a player who doesn't respect Pop other than RJ, Stephen Jackson, Jonathon Simmons, Dewayne Dedmon, David West... ya know what, has there ever been a player that's never played for Pop that doesn't respect him at least in public?

dbreiden83080
01-19-2018, 10:07 PM
And I would not want him.. I have no interest in Lebron trying to rent us out for 1 more ring. I hate players moving around so much, and all time legends like him should not be doing that.. Jesus Duncan was a Spur for 19 years..

DenialTwist
01-20-2018, 02:34 AM
Why would Lebron want to play with an aging roster? He's already on the oldest roster in the NBA. Plus like Jalen Rose said recently, players are hesitant to come to SA because of Pop, SA's system, limited minutes which affects their stats, etc...Lebron is probably going to the Rockets.

daslicer
01-20-2018, 02:45 AM
Lebron is in an interesting crossroad at this point of time of his career. He's desperate to win as many titles as possible to enhance his legacy but can't win with the way the Cavs are constructed. I don't know how he gets to play for the Rox,Spurs, since those teams don't have cap space unless he's willing to play for cheap. Cavs could possibly do a sign and trade to help him land in those places but that will still be tough to set up. Lebron wants a quick fix but I don't think he's going to get it. He's going to have to accept that he's probably not going to win another title in his career.

daslicer
01-20-2018, 02:52 AM
Why would Lebron want to play with an aging roster? He's already on the oldest roster in the NBA. Plus like Jalen Rose said recently, players are hesitant to come to SA because of Pop, SA's system, limited minutes which affects their stats, etc...Lebron is probably going to the Rockets.

I have said this for a while here when people get angry at LMA for wanting to score more points that most NBA players are like LMA and care about their stats. Look at even the Warriors and how Kerr will be playing guys like Klay,Dray,Curry,Durant in garbage time to pad their stats. I don't really blame them considering they are a lot of idiots on message boards like realgm that believe Duncan is not a top 10 player because he never had seasons where he scored close to 30 a game. My point is that these players know that most people will base how great they are on how inflated their stats are. The spurs systems prevents players from inflating their numbers and thus decreases their value.

Raven
01-20-2018, 07:27 AM
cans confirm

:lol

John B
01-20-2018, 10:07 AM
But plays longer in years > shorter inflated stat career. Overall SA players get that money playing longer years. Depends if LeBron can take limited minutes, role player type when he is no longer in prime but still able to contribute. Jordan wanted out in his prime, but came back wasted his time with Wizards. Kobe playing hurt but losing. But every year Spurs have always been there, so Manu, Tony and now Gasol get to play competitively, at highest level past their prime. Will LeBron like that eventually? I think so and still have a chance at winning a ring or two

MultiTroll
01-20-2018, 10:14 AM
Would have been a great idea for the 2018-19 season had PATFO not screwed the pooch.

tholdren
01-20-2018, 03:43 PM
Sign and trade for Kawhi.

Why blue

BatManu20
01-20-2018, 04:15 PM
Cavs are down 20 at home to the Thunder right now. Their Defense continues to be trash. Lebron needs to leave CLE if he ever wants to beat the Warriors again. He isn't winning another title with this team.

tholdren
01-20-2018, 04:44 PM
Cavs are down 20 at home to the Thunder right now. Their Defense continues to be trash. Lebron needs to leave CLE if he ever wants to beat the Warriors again. He isn't winning another title with this team.

Another lebum gm fail. Whose fault is it this time?

Chillen
01-20-2018, 07:36 PM
They were better defensively in 2016 and they were down 0-4 to a 73-9 team and came back and won in the most epic way possible. I don't think this Cavs team has enough to beat the Warriors because they aren't very good defensively and seem to miss Irving alot. If I was Gilbert I would try and get DeAndre Jordan because it would at least help with the defense a tad. Only way the Cavs can possibly ring this year is if they can trade for Anthony Davis which is unlikely. They need not worry about the Warriors, with the defense being problematic just getting past Boston and Toronto is going to be tough. Boston has the pieces to trade for Anthony Davis, if Boston gets him they have enough to knock the Cavs off.

Spurtacular
01-20-2018, 07:55 PM
Only way the Cavs can possibly ring this year is if they can trade for Anthony Davis which is unlikely.

They could win 15 Warriors style; other teams getting injured.

pgardn
01-20-2018, 07:59 PM
Don't want him.

We made him quit with Miami. Leave it at that.

gambit1990
01-20-2018, 08:01 PM
still trying to wrap my head around okc putting up 148 in a game that didn’t go into OT :lol

Darius Bieber
01-20-2018, 08:23 PM
still trying to wrap my head around okc putting up 148 in a game that didn’t go into OT :lol

Because we've been accustomed to watching the trash offense of the Spurs instead of elite offenses elsewhere in the league.

Ice009
01-20-2018, 09:10 PM
They were better defensively in 2016 and they were down 0-4 to a 73-9 team and came back and won in the most epic way possible. I don't think this Cavs team has enough to beat the Warriors because they aren't very good defensively and seem to miss Irving alot. If I was Gilbert I would try and get DeAndre Jordan because it would at least help with the defense a tad. Only way the Cavs can possibly ring this year is if they can trade for Anthony Davis which is unlikely. They need not worry about the Warriors, with the defense being problematic just getting past Boston and Toronto is going to be tough. Boston has the pieces to trade for Anthony Davis, if Boston gets him they have enough to knock the Cavs off.

Is Anthony Davis on the block??????

btw, how did OKC score 148? Did they hit a ton of 3s or did they just get a lot of points in transition?

NameLess Scrub
01-20-2018, 10:07 PM
It's not hard to say any player would be good coming to the Spurs. 20 seasons winning 50 games. Great coach. Loyalty. A proven system. This team dismantled LeBron's superteam.

If this team has done that with limited talent, it makes sense to me if it's considered convenient for stars to join the Spurs, strictly basketball wise.

With all these said, they never come because of money and stats.

Which is why he'll never come unless he's old and wants to retire in this environment, even if Kawhi is not Grant Hill 2.0

Chillen
01-21-2018, 01:10 AM
Is Anthony Davis on the block??????

btw, how did OKC score 148? Did they hit a ton of 3s or did they just get a lot of points in transition?

I didn't see the whole game. Giving up 148 points though is bad defense no matter how the opponent scores.

They could win 15 Warriors style; other teams getting injured.

Yep. No Love or Irving that year, Warriors got a huge break.

HarlemHeat37
01-21-2018, 01:44 AM
:lol LeBron would probably rather retire than play for the Spurs, tbh..no control, less numbers, less minutes, less attention and drama..it's the opposite of virtually everything he looks for..

r0drig0lac
01-21-2018, 09:03 AM
Because we've been accustomed to watching the trash offense of the Spurs instead of elite offenses elsewhere in the league.

Exactly, but people will understand when Cavs win by 20 tuersday

Spurtacular
01-21-2018, 01:55 PM
Yep. No Love or Irving that year, Warriors got a huge break.

Stars injured in other rounds, too. They know it works. It's why they took out Kawhi.

SAGirl
01-21-2018, 04:01 PM
It’s not going to happen.
I can just enjoy the meltdowns here.

Darius Bieber
01-21-2018, 05:00 PM
:lmaoPosters saying they don't want LeBron. Homeboy is better than 75% of our team combined.

sasaint
01-21-2018, 05:25 PM
:lmaoPosters saying they don't want LeBron. Homeboy is better than 75% of our team combined.

Sane fans want the basketball player, LeBron. Some sane fans also recognize that LeBron's controlling personality and posse - not to mention salary - represent real or potential hurdles to adding him to the Spurs' team.

phxspurfan
01-21-2018, 09:26 PM
At this point, adding LeBron, Prime Jordan and Kareem even wouldn't solve all our problems.

TheGreatYacht
01-21-2018, 09:35 PM
Lebron watching the Rockets handle the Warriors with ease while we lose to the Lakers, Hawks, and Pacers :lmao

He ain't coming to play for a senile coach, you fluffers. Sorry.

TimDunkem
01-21-2018, 09:37 PM
Lebron watching the Rockets handle the Warriors with ease while we lose to the Lakers, Hawks, and Pacers :lmao

:lol Damn take it easy.

Give the fluffers something to dream for because this poorly constructed team damn sure isn't winning a ring anytime soon. :lmao

Darius Bieber
01-21-2018, 09:37 PM

And the Magic, Mavs, Pistons, etc etc

NASpurs
01-21-2018, 09:43 PM
:lol does that include LeBron the GM? Maybe he can get rid of RC in the process.

TimDunkem
01-21-2018, 09:43 PM
And the Magic, Mavs, Pistons, etc etc

Going down to the wire against the Kings, Nets, and Mavs on two other occasions.

Oh, yeah, the Spurs dropped one to a Gobert-less Jazz too. :lmao

TheGreatYacht
01-21-2018, 09:44 PM
Det Culture krew will be nowhere to be found these next coming months/years :lol

cd98
01-21-2018, 09:49 PM
LeBron can lose at home to the Pacers with the Cavs. Not sure why he’d come here.

ElNono
01-21-2018, 09:51 PM
:pop: Chip Engelland will make you shoot better, just look at our players

TheGreatYacht
01-21-2018, 09:52 PM
:pop: Chip Engelland will make you shoot better, just look at our players
10/10 timing :lmao

spursistan
01-24-2018, 05:54 AM
It is pipe dream, but that was nice attempt at recruiting..Dem fat ass fans proving useful for once with that standing ovation for Lebron :lol..

^^ if only those warm embraces were a legit sign of something..:lol

jermaine
01-24-2018, 06:01 AM
When Murray was defending him, he went at Murray then gave him hard ass strong dap for his defense on him. I was like that nigga wants to play with Murray!!!!

Seventyniner
01-24-2018, 08:22 AM
It is pipe dream, but that was nice attempt at recruiting..Dem fat ass fans proving useful for once with that standing ovation for Lebron :lol..

Was Durant doing the same thing with Draymond and the Warriors before he left the Thunder?

MoSpur02
01-24-2018, 08:56 AM
LeBron’s playing style on offense is a better fit on the Spurs than Leonard. Leonard is younger though and plays better defense.

TheDoctor
01-24-2018, 09:08 AM

spursistan
01-24-2018, 09:32 AM

Who cares, "built, not bought faggots"! :lol.

coachmac87
01-24-2018, 09:58 AM
If Spurs actually get a meeting I like our chances...

spursistan
01-24-2018, 10:03 AM
If Spurs actually get a meeting I like our chances...
Nah..It would only be a courtesy meeting. He is 80% Houston-bound IMO..

BG_Spurs_Fan
01-24-2018, 10:11 AM

Houston would have to make incredible cap gymnastics to fit in Harden, Paul and LeBron, unless the latter two take significant pay cuts.

BillMc
01-24-2018, 10:15 AM
Houston would have to make incredible cap gymnastics to fit in Harden, Paul and LeBron, unless the latter two take significant pay cuts.

Yep. And LeBron has said he'll never play for less than the max again. Assuming he sticks to that (and I think he will) Houston would be challenged to find room for him.

Same with the Spurs. Who would we get rid of? Pau + filler? LMA? Let all our young guys walk and trade Patty? Can't ditch Danny as I'm sure he'd be in the LBJ pitch meeting. Tough to see it happening without a discount.

BG_Spurs_Fan
01-24-2018, 10:19 AM
Yep. And LeBron has said he'll never play for less than the max again. Assuming he sticks to that (and I think he will) Houston would be challenged to find room for him.

Same with the Spurs. Who would we get rid of? Pau + filler? LMA? Let all our young guys walk and trade Patty? Tough to see it happening without a discount.

Capwise, it'd be much easier for the Spurs to do it, with multiple options.

NameLess Scrub
01-24-2018, 10:27 AM

LeBron seemed particularly affective last night. Like he was playing against old pals.

Still, i don't think the Spurs will have the cap space or the overall appeal to him. He can say winning is #1 all he wants. It will come down to other factors even if the Spurs could pull it off cap wise, IMHO.

rjv
01-24-2018, 11:05 AM
doesn't broussard know that ST fans are the only one who know everything?

TheDoctor
01-24-2018, 11:10 AM
Waiting for the “Built-Not-Bought-Culture-Over-Talent” krew preaching the “I don’t want LeBron near the Spurs unless it’s against him on the Finals” nonsense.

BillMc
01-24-2018, 11:20 AM
Capwise, it'd be much easier for the Spurs to do it, with multiple options.

I agree it would be easier. But not easy. Spurs would have to make some hard choices.

BatManu20
01-24-2018, 11:31 AM
Houston-bound or he stays in CLE after they wheel and deal imo. Just don’t see him coming to Churro-town.

sasaint
01-24-2018, 11:36 AM
I agree it would be easier. But not easy. Spurs would have to make some hard choices.

Spurs could make hard choices and end up with 2 PF the top 4 players in the league. Role players looking to score a chip would come begging to play with that dynamic duo.

Plus, as senile as Poop is, Lebron could stage a coup. Become player-coach before he retires and buys the Spurs.

coachmac87
01-24-2018, 11:55 AM

I was the first on this board to bring up Houston as his destination..

LeBron ain’t gonna do courtesy meetings lol. He will take 3 meetings if any at all (Spurs, Lakers, Rockets).

TheGreatYacht
01-24-2018, 11:56 AM
Waiting for the “Built-Not-Bought-Culture-Over-Talent” krew preaching the “I don’t want LeBron near the Spurs unless it’s against him on the Finals” nonsense.
There's plenty of them on twitter right now :lol

coachmac87
01-24-2018, 12:04 PM

Ok but do you think he’s staying in Cleveland? He has to go somewhere and SA and Houston are the obvious choices..

The question is beteeen Houston and SA is who can have the better roster and be able to pay LeBron?

TimDunkem
01-24-2018, 12:08 PM
I'd give Houston the edge in who has the better, more attractive team. Spurs have the edge in flexibility (as shit as Mills and Gasol are, I believe they're moveable), but will they take advantage of that? Absolutely not. Culture and built not bought and all of that...

spursistan
01-24-2018, 12:14 PM
Lebron-Kawhi-Green-Aldridge-Murray tho :flypig

tbdog
01-24-2018, 12:27 PM
LeBron’s playing style on offense is a better fit on the Spurs than Leonard. Leonard is younger though and plays better defense.

Leonard and Lebron would be a potent duo. They actually would work well together. Better than prime Wade. Leonard learnt to play off the ball.

BillMc
01-24-2018, 12:47 PM
Ok but do you think he’s staying in Cleveland? He has to go somewhere and SA and Houston are the obvious choices..

The question is beteeen Houston and SA is who can have the better roster and be able to pay LeBron?

i have no idea what his thoughts are. I'd like to think he'd seriously consider the Spurs but it depends on who we have to move to make room for him. And the state of Kawhi's health. But if you could get a healthy trio of LBJ, Kawhi and LMA that would be fearsome.

D'antoni's advantage is his system inflates stats, while the Spurs deflate them. So, if its close, that plus Chris Paul, would be tough competition in terms of alluring LBJ. But as others have said, Houston would have to move mountains to make space for LeBron.

DAF86
01-24-2018, 12:57 PM

Lerbon - Green - Kawhi - Bertans - LA Sounds better. You need shooters around Lebron.

TheGreatYacht
01-24-2018, 01:00 PM
This scrub has hit 3 of his last 16 threes. Man doesn't belong on an NBA court, much less on a contender

spursistan
01-24-2018, 01:05 PM
This scrub has hit 3 of his last 16 threes. Man doesn't belong on an NBA court, much less on a contender
He does belong to the Lebron clique though :lol..

TheGreatYacht
01-24-2018, 01:06 PM
He does belong to the Lebron clique though :lol..
He's on a contract year. He's China bound if we're realistically trying to make room for Lebron tbh

Budkin
01-24-2018, 01:18 PM
He's on a contract year. He's China bound if we're realistically trying to make room for Lebron tbh

There's no way we're getting rid of Green if LeBron is coming.

spurraider21
01-24-2018, 01:22 PM
dijon gonna recruit lebron tbh?

https://www.poundingtherock.com/2018/1/24/16926638/dejounte-murray-san-antonio-spurs-lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers-nba-tnt-big-brother

TheGreatYacht
01-24-2018, 01:25 PM
There's no way we're getting rid of Green if LeBron is coming.
Why is that?

Emperor
01-24-2018, 01:32 PM
Why is that?

That's his boy.

tbdog
01-24-2018, 01:34 PM
Danny Green and Lebron are mates. Danny Green actually partied with Lebron after Spurs lost the finals in 2013.

HarlemHeat37
01-24-2018, 01:39 PM
If the Spurs were located elsewhere and had a different culture, I could believe that they have a shot at him..Murray and Green are his mans, Pop is his favorite coach and Kawhi would be the best running mate he's had since 2011, but playing in SA on a team where he wouldn't have any power?

I love LeBron, but he's an attention whore and loves controlling everything..I suppose it's possible that the Warriors have broken him and changed his mindset, though..

TheGreatYacht
01-24-2018, 01:52 PM
That's his boy.
Love is his boy too, when he hits his open 3's.... When he doesn't, he can't even get a helping hand to get up.

The way Green has been playing since October would get him treated no better than how Lebron treated Chalmers if we're being completely honest here.

pgardn
01-24-2018, 02:03 PM
Lebron can go elsewhere.

We are not his play toy.
Rather not have a championship with his name in there.

TheGreatYacht
01-24-2018, 02:17 PM

Take a look at this faggot :lol

Lebron can go elsewhere.

We are not his play toy.
Rather not have a championship with his name in there.

Phenomanul
01-24-2018, 02:42 PM
More Championships?

Yes, please.

So long as it's not blatant cheating, I don't care how they come. Championships are Championships...!

Dex
01-24-2018, 02:56 PM
More Championships?

Yes, please.

So long as it's not blatant cheating, I don't care how they come. Championships are Championships...!

Yeah, you don't turn down a chance to get a guy like Lebron if it comes around. Especially if there is concern that Kawhi wants more help.

coachmac87
01-24-2018, 03:27 PM
If the Spurs were located elsewhere and had a different culture, I could believe that they have a shot at him..Murray and Green are his mans, Pop is his favorite coach and Kawhi would be the best running mate he's had since 2011, but playing in SA on a team where he wouldn't have any power?

I love LeBron, but he's an attention whore and loves controlling everything..I suppose it's possible that the Warriors have broken him and changed his mindset, though..

LeBron doesn’t need power in SA...and if it’s petty shit like what Riley wouldn’t let him do..I don’t see it being a problem..

He has the Cavs by that balls and for good reasons..LeBron respects PATFO more than anyone in the league..regardless what ST thinks of PATFO

BatManu20
01-24-2018, 04:15 PM
Well this is something. He must sense Lebron is gone this season if that's the case. The writing's on the wall. He wants to sell high while he still can.

BatManu20
01-24-2018, 04:17 PM

SpursforSix
01-24-2018, 04:19 PM
Why is that?

That's his boy.

Can you imagine Pop's reaction if they revived their dance routine?

8G0wPTUZvak

MoSpur02
01-24-2018, 04:54 PM
Just watched Max Kellerman and Stephen A Smith agree that LeBron should join the Spurs this off-season. Dan Gilbert wanting to sell his majority stake also says a lot.

exstatic
01-24-2018, 04:57 PM
At this point, adding LeBron, Prime Jordan and Kareem even wouldn't solve all our problems.

Wow. I’ve been here since the beginning, and that may be the single dumb st post, ever.

r0drig0lac
01-24-2018, 05:39 PM
dijon gonna recruit lebron tbh?

https://www.poundingtherock.com/2018/1/24/16926638/dejounte-murray-san-antonio-spurs-lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers-nba-tnt-big-brother

well someone has to do it

ps: Riley is considered a petty shit in ST, lmao

phxspurfan
01-24-2018, 06:04 PM

Getting old also changes one's mindset. One begins chasing rings over desiring total control. I'd bet his body is also achy from playing 40 mins a game under crappy Tyron Lue and it's harder than before to bounce back from all those 4 games in 5 nights/ 5 in 7's and B2Bs than when he was in his 20s.

hater
01-24-2018, 06:35 PM
Would rather have Irving or Durant tbqh

Leroids is soft. Always has been. He would quit as soon as Manure or Fatty Shits throw a 4th quarter pass to the popcorn sqlesperson

Pass

dabom
01-24-2018, 06:40 PM

Great news.

TheDoctor
01-24-2018, 07:04 PM

Scratching My Damn Head. Passing at the chance to see Bron + Kawhi? Together??? Instantly the best 1-2 punch since Jordan/Pippen??? WTF are these Spurs fans thinking??? Holy Shit MFcking Jesuschrist.

r0drig0lac
01-24-2018, 07:09 PM
Scratching My Damn Head. Passing at the chance to see Bron + Kawhi? Together??? Instantly the best 1-2 punch since Jordan/Pippen??? WTF are these Spurs fans thinking??? Holy Shit MFcking Jesuschrist.

spurstalk bro ..."dat culture" etc etc

ECOV
01-24-2018, 07:09 PM
Would rather have Irving or Durant tbqh

Leroids is soft. Always has been. He would quit as soon as Manure or Fatty Shits throw a 4th quarter pass to the popcorn sqlesperson

Pass
Too bad we get cant nether, next!

pgardn
01-24-2018, 07:21 PM

I won a championship for Miami, Cleveland, and San Antonio.
I did that.

Me, myself and I did it.
Spurs is an afterthought.
Thats how it will go down and be remembered. We helped break up two would be dynasties. LA Kobe-Shaq; Miami- Lebron, Wade, Bosh.

I wanna see... I personally don't wanna see anything like it.
Its very simple.

pgardn
01-24-2018, 07:24 PM

The Manu hating, GreatFloatingTurd asking someone to look?
GTFOH. Go play make believe Tony hates Manu, boy. Lifetimers.

TD 21
01-24-2018, 07:32 PM
Nah..It would only be a courtesy meeting. He is 80% Houston-bound IMO..:tu
That is the only team that checks every conceivable box for James. Spurs, in addition to the lack of power and drama (other than recently), even if they won a championship(s) with him, he'd have to share the credit with the genius; even though he's the one player guaranteed to get more of it.
Houston would have to make incredible cap gymnastics to fit in Harden, Paul and LeBron, unless the latter two take significant pay cuts.I know you're not sayin', just sayin', but one of the tenants of this league in this era is, if superstars and / or stars want to play together, they find a way to make it happen.

John B
01-24-2018, 07:48 PM
Getting old also changes one's mindset. One begins chasing rings over desiring total control. I'd bet his body is also achy from playing 40 mins a game under crappy Tyron Lue and it's harder than before to bounce back from all those 4 games in 5 nights/ 5 in 7's and B2Bs than when he was in his 20s.

This. LeBron on his next chapter of his career would think about prolonging his career, minutes management. Spurs, not Houston, is the best at that, while being competitive with Kawhi, LMA and his boys Green and Murray. Murray is the ideal defensive guard who would just need to concentrate on slowing/containing/disrupting the likes of Curry/CP3/Irving, because both LeBron and Kawhi can initiate offense and play PFwd. Just need a shot blocking/rebound big. The Spurs would be a defensive juggernaut. I think Spurs is the best fit for LeBron. Also who knows how CP3’s body would hold for the next 5 years? While Spurs have a 19 year old protege. Spurs it is.

John B
01-24-2018, 08:01 PM
And who cares what LeBron thinks when gets the championships? If the Spurs have a good chance of getting arguably the best bball player? That means championships, more ticket sales for the next effing years? Spurs FO is getting him.

TheGreatYacht
01-24-2018, 08:03 PM
The Manu hating, GreatFloatingTurd asking someone to look?
GTFOH. Go play make believe Tony hates Manu, boy. Lifetimers.
Dance for me faggot

pgardn
01-24-2018, 08:12 PM
I'm leaving this team to KL.
OUR draft pick. Just like David, Tim, Tony, Manu.

It would be great if Tony and Manu could win one more with him. Bring LMA along for help, that's fine, it would be his first. Lebron? Have his # in 3 different places? Miami and Cleveland can have that problem. Not us. I'm a hold out, fan of the city and team. I get wanting another banner, but not thru a pure mercenary. Boston has the Bill Russell and Bird McHale group. LA has Kobe and his various big men. SA has David Tim.... Tim, Tony, Manu....KL, LMA, (Manu& Tony) dreaming here... Pop behind it all.

Im holding out. Even though GS created a juggernaut, I'm not giving in yet.

pgardn
01-24-2018, 08:14 PM
Dance for me faggot

I'll prefer to dance ON a GreatFloatingTurd.

And You'll like it because I say so.

TheGreatYacht
01-24-2018, 08:25 PM
I'll prefer to dance ON a GreatFloatingTurd.

And You'll like it because I say so.
Keep dancing

SURGE
01-24-2018, 08:52 PM
I’m starting to think that he’s signing with the SPURS he has relationship with Pop Danny Green and Dejounty Murray if he picks Aldridge for his all star team it’s a lock.

BillMc
01-24-2018, 09:12 PM
Best chance for us to get him would be:

1) Cavs flame out early in the playoffs showing how far they are away.
2) Rockets win the championship. No way LeBron joins them if they just won. He wants to be the difference maker not a coattail guy.
3) Spurs look good in the playoffs with a healthy Kawhi.