PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Sources: Charlotte making All-Star guard Kemba Walker available in trade talks.

ducks
01-19-2018, 11:57 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/wojespn/status/954367529744347141

UZER
01-20-2018, 08:17 AM
Who cares.

- :pop:

TheDoctor
01-20-2018, 09:00 AM
You know what to do RC :hat

hater
01-20-2018, 09:01 AM
Manure and Shits for kemba

baseline bum
01-20-2018, 09:02 AM
I'm sure Jordan is dying to trade for 50 or Gasoft.

Keepin' it real
01-20-2018, 09:30 AM

They could use some championship culture/experience.

$pursDynasty
01-20-2018, 10:09 AM
Hey throw in Joff for sweetner

timtonymanu
01-20-2018, 10:38 AM
We know how this will end as usual. :lol. Spurs are gonna stand pat and rely on “culture” to get them by again.

John B
01-20-2018, 10:41 AM
I think Jordan will take Murray as his future Star PG. As mentioned I like Murray’s length especially on Curry and CP3, but as PG he reminds me of DeColo. I don’t know. But other teams like him as I often hear about the future of this kid. Throw in JoLo and Gay, I don’t know. But I like Kemba. I think Spurs has a good shot at him.

cjw
01-20-2018, 10:47 AM

Hey, Gasol is the guy who carried Kobe to those last two titles. Jordan remembers Kobe never won without a dominant big. Then again, Jordan (a) doesn’t care what people think and (b) was a playoff loser sans Pippen.

I think Jordan will take Murray as his future Star PG. As mentioned I like Murray’s length especially on Curry and CP3, but as PG he reminds me of DeColo. I don’t know. But other teams like him as I often hear about the future of this kid. Throw in JoLo and Gay, I don’t know. But I like Kemba. I think Spurs has a good shot at him.

Reminds you of De Colo?? De Colo was a 25-27 year old when playing here and was not improving. Murray is 21.

Murray needs to develop a shot other than his tear drop and a low 40s FG% isn’t going to cut it. Not even asking him to be a 3 point shooter yet. Needs to cut back on turnovers too.

But he’s showing flashes of being a solid defender at a young age and is an elite rebounding guard. Though could argue he’s a bit of a poacher. Look at the list of guys rebounding from the guard position (includes G/F and F/G) in their first two years in the NBA. He’s at the levels of Simmons and Greek Freak:
http://bkref.com/tiny/5P2TE

It’s not the be all end all and he has a way to go, but it’s a unique skill to have and as he develops will let him lead more fast breaks directly from defensive boards. Also helps team rebounding in the event you have lesser rebounders at bigger positions.

John B
01-20-2018, 11:25 AM
I mentioned I like his length, his defense but as PG he dribbles too high, has no outside shot. But I also know he is 21 and can still very much improve. But if an All Star guard is available now, and knowing Jordan could salivate at Murray’s potential, I’d take Kemba as win now. Kawhi/LMA/Kemba is not bad at all

Raven
01-20-2018, 11:28 AM
took them long enough to understand they weren't going anywhere with him..

UZER
01-20-2018, 11:37 AM
He's not over himself.

- :pop:

Trainwreck2100
01-20-2018, 12:16 PM
"Our team is such crap and overpaid"

"RC why can't you trade our players we think are crap and overpaid"

TheRemix
01-20-2018, 01:09 PM
Hmmm i'm interested but i'm completely unaware of our cap situation or how much the spurs would have to give up to get him. Like someone said earlier a kemba/kawhi/lma core wouldn't be bad at all

Leetonidas
01-20-2018, 01:21 PM
When I first bought 2k18 the hornets offered to trade me Kemba Walker after the first game of the season :lol

The problem is he is on a very good deal at 12 mil per iirc. We would have to take one of their shitty contracts back. And to make the salary work it almost certainly means trading someone like Parker or Gasol which I don't think will happen. I also dont think spurs would trade Gay at this point.

DAF86
01-20-2018, 01:35 PM
Too bad Tony won't ever get traded. His expiring 15 millions is the best asset we have.

TimDunkem
01-20-2018, 01:40 PM
A third team would have to get involved if you don't want to lose Gay because Parker, Gasol, and Mills are not going anywhere.

UZER
01-20-2018, 01:42 PM

RC: "Our crap and overpaid players have Spurs culture. That's all that matters."

John B
01-20-2018, 02:50 PM
A third team would have to get involved if you don't want to lose Gay because Parker, Gasol, and Mills are not going anywhere.

I hate to lose Green but will include him in there too, and either Kyle or Bertan and take Batum. I like those guys, but Kemba will solidify the core and will attract future FA.

Mr. Body
01-20-2018, 02:53 PM
I hate to lose Green but will include him in there too, and either Kyle or Bertan and take Batum. I like those guys, but Kemba will solidify the core and will attract future FA.

This is the closest thing to what I think the Spurs would be willing to do. Green for Walker as the base, although why the Hornets take that, I don't know.

John B
01-20-2018, 03:02 PM
Murray is the key as future star pg to build his team.

Spurtacular
01-20-2018, 03:08 PM
When I first bought 2k18 the hornets offered to trade me Kemba Walker after the first game of the season :lol

The problem is he is on a very good deal at 12 mil per iirc. We would have to take one of their shitty contracts back. And to make the salary work it almost certainly means trading someone like Parker or Gasol which I don't think will happen. I also dont think spurs would trade Gay at this point.

I'd do that in a heartbeat, and I'm not even high on Kemba. :lol

HarlemHeat37
01-20-2018, 03:19 PM
This is the closest thing to what I think the Spurs would be willing to do. Green for Walker as the base, although why the Hornets take that, I don't know.

They're probably willing to take anything that comes with a 1st round pick and a low-level prospect(like Murray) if it means getting Batum off the books IMO..it's arguably the worst contract in the NBA..

Kemba is a nice 3rd option on a team masquerading as a #1 for them..part of the problem with Charlotte is that they've consistently been a middling team during this run..they need to bottom out, although Jordan and his people would probably draft a lottery bust, anyways..

I'd be very surprised if the Spurs were willing to make a deal that would acquire Batum IMO..Walker+Batum is like 40 million/year in contracts IIRC..

SAGirl
01-20-2018, 03:28 PM
sad to say... I once liked Batum... he was a nice roleplayer. But he got way overpaid and then fell off a cliff, kinda like 50 Mills but more expensive... they are even the same age.

tbdog
01-20-2018, 03:34 PM
Batum has shoulder issues. That's why he is playing terribly. They need to shut him down. He was fine the last two seasons.

MoSpur02
01-20-2018, 04:22 PM
Would love Walker over Parker. Parker is safe though. I am grateful for all Tony has done for the franchise, but this is a business. Walker is an upgrade over Parker. It won’t happen though

AaronY
01-20-2018, 04:32 PM

:lol shit on the roster all day then think some teams gonna wanna trade Walker so they can build their team around 31 year old rudy gay

lefty
01-20-2018, 04:58 PM
Better than Porker

Hoops Czar
01-20-2018, 05:05 PM

Posters still think RC is calling the shots. :lol Dude can't even tie his own shoes without getting step by step instructions from Pop.

Hoops Czar
01-20-2018, 05:10 PM
I bet the Spurs aren't even considering Kemba. Spurs have so many guards on the roster and as worthless as they may be, it's hard to imagine the Spurs not going after another big seeing as how they only have two legitimate bigs on the roster. For the upteenth year in a row, the Spurs don't have assets to pull off a trade of this magnitude without letting go of key rotation pieces.

wildbill2u
01-20-2018, 05:28 PM
What team is going to trade for Gay who is coming back from a potentially career ending injury and is on the bench currently with an injury. He still hasn't proved he can come back at anywhere near his previous level of play for a season.

SAGirl
01-20-2018, 05:42 PM
What team is going to trade for Gay who is coming back from a potentially career ending injury and is on the bench currently with an injury. He still hasn't proved he can come back at anywhere near his previous level of play for a season.
only a team that wants to tank and needs some cap relief.
same team that would be interested in a washed up Tony.

gambit1990
01-20-2018, 05:50 PM
charlotte is begging to be fleeced. spurs FO needs to step up.

UZER
01-20-2018, 06:20 PM
Jordan Bell for Kemba will happen before the Spurs do anything.

NASpurs
01-23-2018, 12:23 AM
:rollin

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nba/charlotte-hornets/article196084984.html

Charlotte Hornets majority owner Michael Jordan said Monday night he’s not looking to trade point guard Kemba Walker, and would do so only if the return included a major All-Star, such as the San Antonio Spurs’ Kawhi Leonard.

Mr. Body
01-23-2018, 12:25 AM
:rollin

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nba/charlotte-hornets/article196084984.html

[/FONT][/COLOR]

Joke franchise.

objective
01-23-2018, 12:53 AM
Well, I guess that's that.

SAGirl
01-23-2018, 01:04 AM
Jordan is crazy... Kemba didn’t want to be traded anyways. This wasn’t like Kyrie Irving.

In Murray we trust. He may yet eventually be very good. Would save the FO

dabom
01-23-2018, 01:04 AM
:lol

TD 21
01-23-2018, 01:06 AM
No, that's being unrealistic and could also be posturing.

They don't have much leverage here. He's a lesser star, plays the most saturated position in the league and they want to dump a bloated contract with him. They've got 2 options: 1) Accept mediocre value, 2) In '19, risk losing him for nothing or overpaying to retain him, further ballooning the payroll of their subpar roster.

It's the proverbial rock and hard place, but 1 is the lesser of those evils. They've just got to hope whatever prospect they get "pops" and/or they find the next mid-late 1st steal.

MaNu4Tres
01-23-2018, 01:06 AM
Well, I guess that's that.

Lol you expect him to say otherwise?

Jordan doing best to increase leverage.

objective
01-23-2018, 01:14 AM
Lol you expect him to say otherwise?

Jordan doing best to increase leverage.

I didn't expect him to say anything. Maybe the weak stuff people often say. "We're not looking to trade Kemba. We love him and he's our team captain and all-star."

Going overboard does sound like bluffing.

But Jordan has run that team like an unusually dumb person. Dumb enough to think he deserves a player like Leonard in return and stick to it.

LakerHater
01-23-2018, 01:27 AM
Heard this...

4 team trade between Spurs, Charlotte, Dallas, and the Bucks:

Charlotte Hornets Receive: SF/PF Kyle Anderson, SF/PF Rudy Gay, PG Dejounte Murray, PF/C Mirza Teletovic, 2018 first-round pick (via San Antonio), 2018 second-round pick (via San Antonio)

Dallas Mavericks Receive: PG/SG Michael Carter-Williams, SG/SF Rashad Vaughn, 2019 second-round pick (via San Antonio)

Milwaukee Bucks Receive: C Pau Gasol

San Antonio Spurs Receive: SG/SF Nicolas Batum, C Johnny O'Bryant III, PG Kemba Walker

Hoops Czar
01-23-2018, 01:44 AM
Heard this...

Charlotte Hornets Receive: SF/PF Kyle Anderson, SF/PF Rudy Gay, PG Dejounte Murray, PF/C Mirza Teletovic, 2018 first-round pick (via San Antonio), 2018 second-round pick (via San Antonio), Dallas Mavericks Receive: PG/SG Michael Carter-Williams, SG/SF Rashad Vaughn, 2019 second-round pick (via San Antonio)

San Antonio Spurs Receive: SG/SF Nicolas Batum, C Johnny O'Bryant III, PG Kemba Walker

Even if we disregard the loyalty factor which makes this trade propossl an impossibility, I'm sure the bucks would be all over that one. :lol

BatManu20
01-23-2018, 02:00 AM
Heard this...

Charlotte Hornets Receive: SF/PF Kyle Anderson, SF/PF Rudy Gay, PG Dejounte Murray, PF/C Mirza Teletovic, 2018 first-round pick (via San Antonio), 2018 second-round pick (via San Antonio), Dallas Mavericks Receive: PG/SG Michael Carter-Williams, SG/SF Rashad Vaughn, 2019 second-round pick (via San Antonio)

https://m.popkey.co/c009c7/9wdGm.gif

sananspursfan21
01-23-2018, 02:01 AM
charlotte is begging to be fleeced. spurs FO needs to step up.

Does this mean Kaminsky is available?? What about MKG??? :hungry:

SpurPadre
01-23-2018, 02:13 AM
Does this mean Kaminsky is available?? What about MKG??? :hungry:

Kaminsky is a vocal Trump supporter. Pop won't allow idiocy on the team, tbh.

marinoman
01-23-2018, 02:41 AM
https://m.popkey.co/c009c7/9wdGm.gif
its from the where can kemba end up piece 2 days ago from bleacher report. Spurs were like the 5th possible scenario

Phenomanul
01-23-2018, 10:57 AM

Which is why we have Joffrey Lauvergne on the roster instead of someone like David Lee (who was playing well for the Spurs in his limited minutes). Political views need to be left out of any personnel decision-making moves. This is the National Basketball Association after all, not the Democratic Party Basketball Association.

pad300
01-23-2018, 11:26 AM
Heard this...

Charlotte Hornets Receive: SF/PF Kyle Anderson, SF/PF Rudy Gay, PG Dejounte Murray, PF/C Mirza Teletovic, 2018 first-round pick (via San Antonio), 2018 second-round pick (via San Antonio)

Dallas Mavericks Receive: PG/SG Michael Carter-Williams, SG/SF Rashad Vaughn, 2019 second-round pick (via San Antonio)

No thank you, we are giving up way too much if we are taking on the Batum contract.

TheDoctor
01-23-2018, 11:33 AM
No thank you, we are giving up way too much if we are taking on the Batum contract.
Excuse me??? :lmao GTFO tbh. Do you think Pau’s contract isn’t bad enough???

Seventyniner
01-23-2018, 11:51 AM

Batum's contract is far worse.

TheDoctor
01-23-2018, 11:55 AM
Batum's contract is far worse.
Not in the long run. “When” healthy, Nico its a perfect fit for the Spurs system where Pau’s game vs Golden Showers and Roxs is ugly as hell.

sananspursfan21
01-23-2018, 02:37 PM
KAMINSKY :hungry: KAMINSKY :hungry: KAMINSKY :hungry:

monkeypunk
01-23-2018, 03:25 PM
Not in the long run. “When” healthy, Nico its a perfect fit for the Spurs system where Pau’s game vs Golden Showers and Roxs is ugly as hell.

Still not worth his contract. Beyond his health, which is usually manageable, he has motivation and aggression issues, which usually aren't.

BatManu20
01-23-2018, 03:28 PM

So is Tom Brady. Fuck politics. This is business. Keep your opinions to yourself and play ball.

phxspurfan
01-23-2018, 03:38 PM
Dude, I 100% guarantee Jordan has his people blowing up RC's phone asking for the Leonard-Kemba deal (or some package including Kemba for Leonard). MJ would love nothing but to have his Jordan Brand Padowan join up with his team.

pad300
01-23-2018, 05:27 PM

Lets see

we give out 1 first, 2 seconds, 1 high caliber prospect (Murray), 2 solid players (Kyle, Gay) on expiring or near expiring contracts, one productive bad contract (Pau)

we get back a less productive player on a worse contract (Batum), a pretty good PG, and a career 5th big.

Yes, we would be paying WAY too much...

SpurPadre
01-23-2018, 05:39 PM
So is Tom Brady. Fuck politics. This is business. Keep your opinions to yourself and play ball.

I'm just saying what Pop is thinking. Pop won't allow idiots to play for him. That's just how he rolls.