PDA

View Full Version : Vikings Need To Make The Change

Spurtacular
01-20-2018, 03:03 PM
Play your top-thirteen QB (when healthy) Bradford and stop pretending that playing your back-up QB is the right thing to do. Just cos the Saints gifted the Vikes a playoff game doesn't mean that not reinserting Bradford into the starting line-up was the right move.

Of course, I know the Vikes will roll with Keenum win, lose, or draw. But it's the wrong play.

HarlemHeat37
01-20-2018, 03:16 PM
Keenum just had a better season than Bradford has ever had in his career, tbh:lol one of the most overrated QBs of this generation..

Spurtacular
01-20-2018, 03:24 PM
Keenum just had a better season than Bradford has ever had in his career, tbh:lol one of the most overrated QBs of this generation..

You clearly haven't looked at the player cards.

Raven
01-20-2018, 04:09 PM
You're right, but he's earned his shot tbh.

Clipper Nation
01-20-2018, 04:10 PM
The Vikings have three mediocre game managers - does it really make a difference which one gets to play?

Spurtacular
01-20-2018, 05:19 PM
The Vikings have three mediocre game managers - does it really make a difference which one gets to play?

Bradford is the superior player when healthy. Equivalency is an erroneous argument.

Trainwreck2100
01-20-2018, 09:05 PM

Well you definitely shouldnt play bridgewater

Avante
01-21-2018, 12:33 AM

What?

Bradford 2016

comp% 71.6 ....amazing
yards...3, 877
TD/INT...20/5
Rating...99.3

Keenum 2017

22/7

Yes, Keenum had a good season but not as good as what Bradford had in 2015.

sickdsm
01-21-2018, 12:34 AM
Agree with Bradford but if the o line protects, Keenum picks them apart. If they don't? Bradford would get destroyed anyway.

HarlemHeat37
01-21-2018, 01:55 AM
What?

Bradford 2016

comp% 71.6 ....amazing
yards...3, 877
TD/INT...20/5
Rating...99.3

Keenum 2017

22/7

Bradford's advanced metrics were average to horrible..he finished 29th in QBr, and around 15/16th in DVOA..he also threw the 2nd least amount of passes past 10 yards in the NFL that season(only ahead of Goff)..19th in the league in yards/attempt..he was essentially just a cautious completion whore..

I don't think Keenum is anything special, but I've never understood the love for Sam Bradford..

Avante
01-21-2018, 02:09 AM
Bradford's advanced metrics were average to horrible..he finished 29th in QBr, and around 15/16th in DVOA..he also threw the 2nd least amount of passes past 10 yards in the NFL that season(only ahead of Goff)..19th in the league in yards/attempt..he was essentially just a cautious completion whore..

I don't think Keenum is anything special, but I've never understood the love for Sam Bradford..

I think Bradford sucks, no love here. I just like facts.

Bradford had 552 attempts in 2016, Keenum 481 this season. Bradford avg 258 yards a game, Keenum 232.

I just can't see how Keenum had a better season.

But....I'd want Keenum over Bradford. Bradford gets hurt opening a jar of pickles and he has no mobility.

Monostradamus
01-21-2018, 02:33 PM
If Bradford was in on that final play he would have checked down to McKinnon for a 6 yd gain :lol

Spurtacular
01-21-2018, 02:37 PM
What?

Bradford 2016

comp% 71.6 ....amazing
yards...3, 877
TD/INT...20/5
Rating...99.3

Keenum 2017

22/7

And that was his first year in the offense. Bradford came back gangbusters like an MVP candidate before getting injured this year.

Also, numbers aside, Bradford just passes the eye test better. Better composure, better reads, better throws.

Spurtacular
01-21-2018, 02:39 PM
If Bradford was in on that final play he would have checked down to McKinnon for a 6 yd gain :lol

If Bradford were in the game, MN's offense wouldn't have totally stalled in the second half for it have gotten to that point.

phxspurfan
01-21-2018, 04:08 PM
Play your top-thirteen QB (when healthy) Bradford and stop pretending that playing your back-up QB is the right thing to do. Just cos the Saints gifted the Vikes a playoff game doesn't mean that not reinserting Bradford into the starting line-up was the right move.

Of course, I know the Vikes will roll with Keenum win, lose, or draw. But it's the wrong play.

The key is will he stay healthy for the rest of the playoff run. If he goes down again you lost Keenum's confidence and he probably wouldn't play the same

phxspurfan
01-21-2018, 04:09 PM
Well you definitely shouldnt play bridgewater
I never understood MN's deal with Teddy. He's not that good. They just react to him because he got hurt. But he's not a good QB. Probably not even better than Keenum

Spurtacular
01-21-2018, 04:36 PM
The key is will he stay healthy for the rest of the playoff run. If he goes down again you lost Keenum's confidence and he probably wouldn't play the same

You gotta roll with your best option; that's not Keenum.

But to your point, the coach can say in the press conference that it is not an indictment on Keenum.

Spurtacular
01-21-2018, 11:18 PM
38 unanswered points.

/called it
/end thread

spurraider21
01-22-2018, 04:12 AM
Says /thread

will undoubtedly continue to post in this thread

Avante
01-22-2018, 03:31 PM
It works like this....

Sam Bradford is a better QB than Case Keenum, there is no debate, no doubt. But.....he hadn't played and nobody knew where he was at in his readyness so ya can't just toss him out there and hope for the best, this isn't how it's done at this level with a SB on the line. SO.... you go with the guy who got you there.

I cannot believe this really has to be explained, try.........common sense.

YES....once it became obvious it just wasn't working with Keenum, ok.....fuck it....roll the dice and bring Bradford in. THAT...is how things are done.

Coach....take a seat Case, I'm starting Bradford.

Bradford simply isn't ready,

Coach...ah, hey Case....

Come on...ha~~~

Spurtacular
01-23-2018, 03:05 AM
Says /thread

will undoubtedly continue to post in this thread

^^^

Attention whore post. :lmao

spurraider21
01-23-2018, 03:16 AM
called it.

:lol just couldn't resist a chance to make yourself look stupid

The Gemini Method
01-23-2018, 06:35 PM
Did Keenum, Bradford, and Bridgewater, give up 31 points to Napoleon Foles?

Raven
01-23-2018, 07:35 PM
Did Keenum, Bradford, and Bridgewater, give up 31 points to Napoleon Foles?

2Int and a lost fumble didn't exactly help. one was also a pick six to tie the game, mind you.

Spurtacular
01-23-2018, 07:53 PM
called it.

:lol just couldn't resist a chance to make yourself look stupid

Zimmer is the one looking stupid.

http://cdn2.oddsshark.com/cdn/farfuture/lE52PiV9IL2dzPzETaUH6FP40LLtNJ7ND2kssQ4e0z8/mtime:1477507802/sites/default/files/inline/images/fair.0.gif

Avante
01-24-2018, 01:33 AM
We have yet to see anyone.....

Yep, the smart move was to start Bradford.

The reason being it would have been stupid to start Bradford at this stage of things.

Only our resident idiot can't see that.

Spurtacular
01-25-2018, 12:01 AM

The reason being it would have been stupid to start Bradford at this stage of things.

You are the resident idiot, bro. :rollin

Avante
01-25-2018, 12:34 AM

Little man, why do you think NOBODY is agreeing with you on this, well?

AND....I can talk football/footbalers on a whole other level than you or anyone else here, you really haven'r noticed that?

Spurtacular
01-25-2018, 12:40 AM
Little man, why do you think NOBODY is agreeing with you on this, well?

AND....I can talk football/footbalers on a whole other level than you or anyone else here, you really haven'r noticed that?

Don't care, tbh. I just know nobody is sticking their neck out for your stringent defense of 38 unanswered. :lmao

"whole other level" You are the most deluded person on here. :lmao

Avante
01-25-2018, 12:50 AM
Don't care, tbh. I just know nobody is sticking their neck out for your stringent defense of 38 unanswered. :lmao

"whole other level" You are the most deluded person on here. :lmao

Dude, talk to me about Viking QB's Tommy Kramer and Joe Kapp, ok? Yep, I'm on a whole other level. Remember the Vikes Oscar Reed, Clint Jones and Bill Brown, not a clue, right?

Spurtacular
01-25-2018, 12:55 AM
Dude, talk to me about Viking QB's Tommy Kramer and Joe Kapp, ok? Yep, I'm on a whole other level. Remember the Vikes Oscar Reed, Clint Jones and Bill Brown, not a clue, right?

Wow, you can name old players. Surely, you're qualified to argue for minus thirty-one. :lmao

Avante
01-25-2018, 01:09 AM
Wow, you can name old players. Surely, you're qualified to argue for minus thirty-one. :lmao

Dude, I told you I could talk this stuff on another level. ya see little man I saw all those cats play. Saw them in college before the pros, yep, I;m on a whole other level.

Dude, NOBODY....make that...NO-BODY...who understands pro football is going to agree with your un-educated boney little ass, got it? It just doesn't work that way, ok half pint?

Dummy, I would (as would everyone) agree with you that Bradford is the better QB, this isn't about that, it's about......timing...ok slick? Heading into another playoff game is not the time to see where your bench sitter for how many weeks is at.....ok guy, use your fucking head, ok?

Dude, talk to me about the Vikes Sammy White, ok? Let me guess, ya can't. Yep, on another level here.

UNT Eagles 2016
01-25-2018, 03:33 PM
Zimmer is the one looking stupid.

http://cdn2.oddsshark.com/cdn/farfuture/lE52PiV9IL2dzPzETaUH6FP40LLtNJ7ND2kssQ4e0z8/mtime:1477507802/sites/default/files/inline/images/fair.0.gif

The playcall was 4 verticals, I remember that game, that was Kenny Britt's fault for not running a route there

Spurtacular
01-25-2018, 05:56 PM
The playcall was 4 verticals, I remember that game, that was Kenny Britt's fault for not running a route there

Keenum still needed to make a better read. He shat his pants.

01-25-2018, 08:08 PM
:lol

Raven
01-26-2018, 03:21 PM

no, the reason nobody is saying it is because nobody would have had the balls to do it, even knowing that it was probably the right thing to do. Basically anything other than a victory would have been a firing no questions asked. But that doesn't make a wrong decision, right.

UNT Eagles 2016
01-26-2018, 06:16 PM
oh well, who do you want to be QB next year 'Spurtacular..... Teddy?

Mitch
01-26-2018, 07:51 PM
oh well, who do you want to be QB next year 'Spurtacular..... Teddy?

What's with giving the Eagles your kiss of death, Andrew? You're bad luck, man :lol

Avante
01-28-2018, 05:52 AM
no, the reason nobody is saying it is because nobody would have had the balls to do it, even knowing that it was probably the right thing to do. Basically anything other than a victory would have been a firing no questions asked. But that doesn't make a wrong decision, right.

We have no way of knowing how Bradford would have done, what we do know is he isn't mobile, ever. So to say....probably.....simply isn't realistic. You don't sit the guy who has gotten you here, that is a bad look and only a fool wouldn't get that.

Spurtacular
01-28-2018, 05:17 PM
We have no way of knowing how Bradford would have done, what we do know is he isn't mobile, ever. So to say....probably.....simply isn't realistic. You don't sit the guy who has gotten you here, that is a bad look and only a fool wouldn't get that.

Keenum didn't get them there. The Saints gifted the Vikings a championship game. By all rights, the Vikes should've been gone. That said, you recognize a QB's insufficient play; you recognize that another QB was playing gangbusters before his injury, and you make the change. Or you status quo it and pretend that 38 unanswered points was right all along.

:lmao Fucking Noob
:lmao "But I can name a lot of old players"

Avante
01-29-2018, 09:18 PM
Keenum didn't get them there. The Saints gifted the Vikings a championship game. By all rights, the Vikes should've been gone. That said, you recognize a QB's insufficient play; you recognize that another QB was playing gangbusters before his injury, and you make the change. Or you status quo it and pretend that 38 unanswered points was right all along.

:lmao Fucking Noob
:lmao "But I can name a lot of old players"

Dummy, there is a reason his coach didn't play him and why I agree with that decision. Dude, you know..0...about football and it's so obvious.

Spurtacular
01-29-2018, 10:51 PM
Dummy, there is a reason his coach didn't play him and why I agree with that decision. Dude, you know..0...about football and it's so obvious.

:lol "dummy"
:lol Battling against 38 unanswered
:lol Dedending the third string QB to the max.
:lol Claiming I'm the one knowing 0.
:lol Pregame show discussing capitalizing on Keenum's lollipop throws.

Avante
01-29-2018, 11:06 PM
:lol "dummy"
:lol Battling against 38 unanswered
:lol Dedending the third string QB to the max.
:lol Claiming I'm the one knowing 0.
:lol Pregame show discussing capitalizing on Keenum's lollipop throws.

Stupid, I agree with the coach. How does his and my experience stack up vs yours, well?

You know nothing about football.

Spurtacular
03-02-2018, 02:02 AM
Avante

"If you pick the wrong one, this whole thing can go downhill."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22615158/minnesota-vikings-coach-mike-zimmer-says-pick-right-quarterback-probably-fired

:lol Even Zimmer saying it how it is after falling downhill hard.