PDA

View Full Version : Kiwi now has a "chilling" relationship with the Sp*rs FO?

Pages : 1 [2]

szkorhetz
01-22-2018, 03:36 PM
I think he may have been less than thrilled about signing LMA away from Portland. He is such a Sphinx it is hard to tell. But I don't ever notice them interacting like we once saw Tim, Manu and Tony interact. Forgetting (for the moment) how difficult it is to have a couple of iso-players in the same lineup, I have doubts that a team can thrive with two introverted stars like Kawhi and LMA. Seems to me you need to have more personal cohesion than I "feel" among the Spurs players, especially their stars.
It's not on LMA. You see him talk a lot even during games with Pau, Tony, Manu, Mills. Kawhi on the other hand...

DPG21920
01-22-2018, 03:39 PM
What I got from reading the report was Kawhi is the one who is reluctant to play. The Spurs shut him down because he told them he was still uncomfortable. Maybe the issue is the Spurs think he's ready but he doesn't want to rush himself?

It could be. Usually it’s the opposite though. Players, especially injured ones, are always optimistic about their returns and timelines while doctors and teams use caution.

So it’s possible, but I think it’s more that everyone including SA and Kawhi knows he was not right and he’s just frustrated because basketball is his life.

DPG21920
01-22-2018, 03:41 PM
All I'm saying is that Duncan also had a time where he wasn't completely on the same page with the front office. So much in fact, that he was a simple concession from Doc Rivers away of leaving the team.

That to me seems more tiring or nerve breaking for Pop than a simple rumour of Kawhi having a "chilling" relationship with the FO, tbh.

And it’s not just about Kawhi. LMA marching in and demanding a trade, etc..This is new ground for SA and Pop is what I’m saying. Tim, even with the free agency thing, was a very drama-free (comparatively) player who stabilized the culture/locker room.

I’m just guessing and asking; not stating any facts. I can see this wearing on Pop especially with his comments about how he’s calmed down and misses Tim and how basketball is not the most important thing to him anymore.

r0drig0lac
01-22-2018, 03:42 PM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/amp/Kawhi-Leonard-s-camp-refutes-ESPN-report-12515778.php?__twitter_impression=true

Kawhi's camp has denied the rumors. RC has also. That's two named sources that have quickly spoken out. Are you going to believe RC and Kawhi's camp or the unnamed sources??

I hope they're telling the truth.

SAGirl
01-22-2018, 03:42 PM
Stories like these don't come out unless one or the other side want it to come out, tbh...

Obviously, it takes somebody the size of Woj to shine a light on it. Meanwhile, Jeff McDonald is interviewing the Coyote in the Spurs' youth camp.
I think it's all tied to money...
remember those reports of degenerative, chronic, may affect him for the rest of his career? That would create a giant rift if indeed tissue is as diseased as those uncredited reports. He certainly is struggling to wipe his own ass after a few minutes of game.

bklynspursfan
01-22-2018, 03:48 PM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/amp/Kawhi-Leonard-s-camp-refutes-ESPN-report-12515778.php?__twitter_impression=true

Kawhi's camp has denied the rumors. RC has also. That's two named sources that have quickly spoken out. Are you going to believe RC and Kawhi's camp or the unnamed sources??

Thanks for sharing. I'm sure there's frustration on both sides, but mainly because both sides want him out there healthy and playing ball.

MoSpur02
01-22-2018, 03:48 PM
Whatever happens, Pop and R.C need to be held accountable for the moves made lately. The only ones they have to answer to is Miss Holt. Unfortunately she doesn’t really get into their business. Hopefully when ownership changes (supposedly soon) the new ownership group will start holding Pop and RC accountable.

SAGirl
01-22-2018, 03:49 PM
All I'm saying is that Duncan also had a time where he wasn't completely on the same page with the front office. So much in fact, that he was a simple concession from Doc Rivers away of leaving the team.

That to me seems more tiring or nerve breaking for Pop than a simple rumour of Kawhi having a "chilling" relationship with the FO, tbh.
RC has admitted after Tim's retirement that he massively blundered the pitch to him too. They focused on shitting on Orlando and what they offered and didn't focus enough on what would have been good about staying in SA... Timmy being so close to Pop and his personality (favoring family and all that, which Pop to his credit is all about, quality of life).. swung him to San Antonio... but had it been up to RC...
:drunk

ppl acting like that didn't happen.

Dex
01-22-2018, 03:53 PM
RC has admitted after Tim's retirement that he massively blundered the pitch to him too. They focused on shitting on Orlando and what they offered and didn't focus enough on what would have been good about staying in SA... Timmy being so close to Pop and his personality (favoring family and all that, which Pop to his credit is all about, quality of life).. swung him to San Antonio... but had it been up to RC...
:drunk

ppl acting like that didn't happen.

Well that, and Doc screwing the pooch by saying that Amy couldn't fly on the plane with the team.

If you have a chance to get Tim Duncan, you give him anything he wants tbh. You buy him his own damn plane for his wife if he asks for it.

marinoman
01-22-2018, 03:53 PM

There prolly is a rift, woj is rarely wrong, but nothing beyond repair and something winning can’t fix. But they have to start winning, a trade would help

SpurPadre
01-22-2018, 03:56 PM
It's not on LMA. You see him talk a lot even during games with Pau, Tony, Manu, Mills. Kawhi on the other hand...

Those talks consist of: Give me my touches, guys! :cry

bic50
01-22-2018, 03:59 PM
Man, things have changed without Tim. First you have LMA asking for a trade. Then you have this Kawhi news. I said a long time ago that SA fans would have to get used to “new superstars”.

Tim was so rare in that he was a great teammate and leader and allowed Pop/RC to do what they needed to do because he supported them.

It does not make these new stars bad people, but it sheds light on just how special Tim is/was. This is what every other franchise has to deal with (outside of maybe Dallas/Dirk). The stuff with LMA, Kawhi and all the drama. This is what happens in free agency with these “lead” guys. This is the new norm and it’s going to be a big time struggle for Pop/RC and the fans adjusting.
D-rob doesn't get near the credit he deserves. But it all started with him.

SURGE
01-22-2018, 03:59 PM
Fake news

Clipper Nation
01-22-2018, 04:02 PM

No shit, Sherlock. It's not like Kawhi is going to say "it's all true, I hate the Spurs" in the middle of the season regardless of how he feels about the organization.

LkrFan

Looks like some :downspin: going on :lol

SpurPadre

This. After finding out about how the plane thing was the only reason Timmy stayed, it's clear that Da Admiral was the most truly loyal and dedicated about being a Spur than any other in the franchise, tbh.

dabom
01-22-2018, 04:03 PM

LkrFan
01-22-2018, 04:04 PM
Damn... even Laker fans are begging Kawhi to sign with the Clippers.

:lol

dabom
01-22-2018, 04:05 PM
RC and Kawhi's uncle. I don't see any "chilling" shit here. :lol

Dre_7
01-22-2018, 04:06 PM
No shit, Sherlock. It's not like Kawhi is going to say "it's all true, I hate the Spurs" in the middle of the season regardless of how he feels about the organization.

No, but knowing Kawhi, they would have kept quiet about it instead of immediately responding.

DPG21920
01-22-2018, 04:16 PM

That is very true - great point.

Darius Bieber
01-22-2018, 04:17 PM

Problem is, the whole CP3, Griffin, DJ beef was downplayed by Clippers management too. And it turned out to be true and Paul left. Woj is not an unnamed source, he's arguably the best source of leaked info in the NBA.

So, of course both the Spurs and Kawhi are doing damage control now. The Spurs are doing it to make their franchise keep up with the "status" they've achieved. Kawhi is doing it to keep his value high - nobody really wants drama on their team if other teams are gonna pursue him.

Remember this off-season? There were "unnamed" sources claiming Aldridge is unhappy and wanted to be traded.... Only after he signed a massive deal and midway through the season do we find out that he specifically asked Pop for a trade, wasn't happy in SA, wasn't happy with the leadership on the team.

Kawhi is unhappy in SA. That's a fact. He's leaving ASAP.

Dre_7
01-22-2018, 04:20 PM
Problem is, the whole CP3, Griffin, DJ beef was downplayed by Clippers management too. And it turned out to be true and Paul left. Woj is not an unnamed source, he's arguably the best source of leaked info in the NBA.

But he got his info from unnamed sources. Management may have downplayed it but did CP3, Griffin, and DJ's camps immediately come out and make a statement once it was reported?

Prose
01-22-2018, 04:20 PM
jalen rose called this last week and you will hear rumors of him wanting to go to LA. he also said that he wouldnt think he is going to leave. He called LMA to SA before anybody else

Dre_7
01-22-2018, 04:21 PM

You do know what the word "fact" means, right??

Darius Bieber
01-22-2018, 04:21 PM
But he got his info from unnamed sources. Management may have downplayed it but did CP3, Griffin, and DJ's camps immediately come out and make a statement once it was reported?

Woj is not someone who will just put out stuff that isn't at least somewhat true.

Chomag
01-22-2018, 04:23 PM
Woj is not someone who will just put out stuff that isn't at least somewhat true.
Yeah He's not known to put out anything he isn't pretty confident about what he's reporting

Dre_7
01-22-2018, 04:24 PM

But his sources have been wrong in the past. All I am saying is you have two named sources vs. Woj's unnamed source. Would can we do other than see how it plays out? I am definitely not going to freak out and act like the sky is falling unless he doesn't sign an extension.

Darius Bieber
01-22-2018, 04:26 PM
But his sources have been wrong in the past. All I am saying is you have two named sources vs. Woj's unnamed source. Would can we do other than see how it plays out? I am definitely not going to freak out and act like the sky is falling unless he doesn't sign an extension.

It's true - no one knows what exactly is in Kawhi's head but Kawhi himself. It is a bit alarming to hear Woj break the news of tension between Kawhi and the Spurs. It isn't something to just sweep under the rug.

lefty20
01-22-2018, 04:27 PM
He is missing out on numbers.

Om sure he thinks had he played as much minutes as the other guys in his two year run he would have increased bis chances in all other years.

Timmy came out of college as an all nba player. Kawhi didn't, it took him some time to develop into that. That's a an important thing to consider, imo.

Hoops Czar
01-22-2018, 04:28 PM

It was tough to deny because it was playing out on court. The Spurs and LMA denied their relationship rift when first reported too. Do you really expect either side to substantiate those rumors as true? Even though the PATFO has taken a hit this off season, I think it's fair to say their still well respected and it look bad for Kawhi if he tried to take on the "best run organization in professional sports".

sananspursfan21
01-22-2018, 04:30 PM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/article/Kawhi-Leonard-s-camp-refutes-ESPN-report-12515778.php

Eat it ya Negative Nancy Suckaz

Dre_7
01-22-2018, 04:31 PM
It was tough to deny because it was playing out on court. The Spurs and LMA denied their relationship rift when first reported too. Do you really expect either side to substantiate those rumors as true? Even though the PATFO has taken a hit this off season, I think it's fair to say their still well respected and it look bad for Kawhi if he tried to take on the "best run organization in professional sports".

LaMarcus' denial was really weak and only came after he was asked with a mic in his face.

DJR210
01-22-2018, 04:33 PM
Don't worry fellas, things will work themselves out..

.G.
01-22-2018, 04:44 PM
Glad to hear from his uncle and RC that shits basically fake news. Wojo’s reputation is gon got tarnished a bit now.

Killakobe81
01-22-2018, 04:47 PM
He is not going anywhere, chillax.

DPG21920
01-22-2018, 04:50 PM
Glad to hear from his uncle and RC that shits basically fake news. Wojo’s reputation is gon got tarnished a bit now.

Nah - not at all. If anything SA’s rep is being tarnished. They denied the LMA rumors and then got that proven to be true. They are not to be believed (like every other franchise too).

However, just because there is a rift does not mean it cannot be reconciled.

Killakobe81
01-22-2018, 04:54 PM
Nah - not at all. If anything SA’s rep is being tarnished. They denied the LMA rumors and then got that proven to be true. They are not to be believed (like every other franchise too).

100% accurate, Deeps ...

offset formation
01-22-2018, 05:00 PM

Fact? Link please.

Keepin' it real
01-22-2018, 05:04 PM
Ramona Shellburn on ESPN said this (the strained relationship between Kawhi and the Spurs) has been the worst-kept secret in the NBA this season.

TheGreatYacht
01-22-2018, 05:04 PM
Drunkford :lol

Of course he'll deny this for 2 reasons. Can't have his ego take a hit & cant let Kawhi's trade value drop

As for Kawhi's uncle.... LMAO. His own sister got his return to the court wrong, how is his uncle going to know what the hell is going on from over there one Cali

bklynspursfan
01-22-2018, 05:06 PM
Sam Amick (starts around 2 mins) discussing this. Basic recap

said Kawhi & his group were OK with Spurs approach re: media responsibility and what not from the beginning, sharing information, etc... but they have not always been on the same page in that respect.
Says he has no reason to believe Kawhi is available to be moved based on his intel.
Also said it was rare for RC to come out and refute the report, so that should be highlighted.
He says he had a bit of a relationship with Kawhi (as much as any media guy can) during his San Diego State days on his way into the league. Thinks due to his personality, there could be some communication breakdowns + the frustration of the injury/rehab process

NASpurs
01-22-2018, 05:08 PM

Of course he'll deny this for 2 reasons. Can't have his ego take a hit & cant let Kawhi's trade value drop

As for Kawhi's uncle.... LMAO. His own sister got his return to the court wrong, how is his uncle going to know what the hell is going on from over there one Cali

Where there's smoke, there's fire

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=270725

Clipper Nation
01-22-2018, 05:09 PM
No, but knowing Kawhi, they would have kept quiet about it instead of immediately responding.
The optics of this story are bad for all involved. The timing is also awful since it's in the middle of a season in progress. Both Kawhi's camp and the Spurs would have been incompetent not to deny it publicly ASAP regardless of whether or not it's true.

Chillen
01-22-2018, 05:11 PM
Problem with the Spurs at this point is Pop has a system and also likes to control it to his liking. Yes I could see how it could be annoying to Kawhi especially if he feels like he is ok to play and the system affects roster moves and such. I don't know why Spurs didn't try and trade for Cousins last season.

coachmac87
01-22-2018, 05:12 PM
Everyone is purely speculating on Kawhi being unhappy with roster moves..that’s ST poster twisting things to fit their agenda..

So why is there disconnect or frustration? Miss diagnosed? That’s been speculated but isn’t a fact...Injury management? So many details on this don’t add up...Kawhi wants to play more but also tells PATFO he isn’t comfortable playing through it? Doesn’t make sense..until more details I’m not gonna assume worst case scenario..

dbreiden83080
01-22-2018, 05:14 PM
He didn't just "talk". He was decided on leaving.

If you don't see the threat of your star player leaving as "drama", then this rumour about a "chilling relationship" isn't drama either, tbh.

I don't consider any player having discussions with another team as a FA, and then deciding to stay drama.. And no this is not drama either yet.. Sounds like the media making most of this up. If Kawhi is the one telling them he can't go which the story notes, this is a total non issue. Everyone is frustrated with how the year has gone. We were playing fairly well without him, most of the season, but now not having your best player is really starting to show in the loss column.. Of course Pop and everyone wants him out there playing. They have handled him with kid gloves, consulted experts, the works. Spurs are always first class in all areas. So if he is MAD about something, it should just be that his body is not coming around. But the Spurs are doing all they can. Not their fault.

bklynspursfan
01-22-2018, 05:15 PM
Problem with the Spurs at this point is Pop has a system and also likes to control it to his liking. Yes I could see how it could be annoying to Kawhi especially if he feels like he is ok to play and the system affects roster moves and such. I don't know why Spurs didn't try and trade for Cousins last season.

I don't think this has anything to do with that. Kawhi basically was the system last year, which is why LaMarcus was unhappy.

Mikeanaro
01-22-2018, 05:16 PM

Yeah but unlike Kiwi, LMA can play decent Ball and wipe his own ass.

Chilly Kiwi is like those Resident Evil corpses lyin´on the floor, not in position to play anywhere, maybe 2k...

TheGreatYacht
01-22-2018, 05:17 PM
Where there's smoke, there's fire

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=270725
Good find had completely forgotten about that

baseline bum
01-22-2018, 05:19 PM
Call up Magic and send Leonard, Mills, and Joffrey over there for Randle, Nance Jr, and Clarkson and a pick

Wow can we get him to send some of his HIV+ blood to us too?

Namundy
01-22-2018, 05:22 PM
Wow can we get him to send some of his HIV+ blood to us too? :lol

SpursforSix
01-22-2018, 05:28 PM
Wow can we get him to send some of his HIV+ blood to us too?

He can also send over his gay son and the Spurs can hoist him up in the rafters like a big gay banner and he can sing and wave sparklers during the games.

DAF86
01-22-2018, 05:30 PM
And it’s not just about Kawhi. LMA marching in and demanding a trade, etc..This is new ground for SA and Pop is what I’m saying. Tim, even with the free agency thing, was a very drama-free (comparatively) player who stabilized the culture/locker room.

I’m just guessing and asking; not stating any facts. I can see this wearing on Pop especially with his comments about how he’s calmed down and misses Tim and how basketball is not the most important thing to him anymore.

LMA is a crying bitch, I'm not talking about him. I'm just comparing Duncan to Leonard.

baseline bum
01-22-2018, 05:32 PM
He can also send over his gay son and the Spurs can hoist him up in the rafters like a big gay banner and he can sing and wave sparklers during the games.

Still better than Mills

NASpurs
01-22-2018, 05:35 PM
:lmao fucking SAS

http://thebiglead.com/2018/01/22/stephen-a-smith-said-spurs-were-willing-to-trade-kawhi-leonard-to-knicks-before-season-now-theres-discord-in-san-antonio/

At first glance, it would be natural to believe the Spurs will get this under control before anything unforeseen takes place, however, this is not the first time reports have surfaced involving the two. Back on June 23, Stephen A. Smith (http://thebiglead.com/tag/stephen-a-smith/) reported on his radio show he heard they considered trading the MVP candidate to the Knicks:

“Melo and George was one trade, guess who the San Antonio Spurs called… the New York Knicks, and said they were willing to move Kawhi Leonard and clean house. But then they stepped back from it and changed their minds. These are all the things I knew over the last couple days … but I got it confirmed just a few minutes ago, yet again!"

hater
01-22-2018, 05:51 PM
Fuck Kawhi and fuck the spurs

I need a new team

Should I join Rockets wagon??

TheGreatYacht
01-22-2018, 05:53 PM
Stephen A Smith

Robz4000
01-22-2018, 06:09 PM
Fuck Kawhi and fuck the spurs

I need a new team

Should I join Rockets wagon??

If you like underachievement or choking, go for it.

hater
01-22-2018, 06:42 PM
If you like underachievement or choking, go for it.

Still better than watching Fatty Shits diarrhea losses every game

Mikeanaro
01-22-2018, 06:48 PM

http://thebiglead.com/2018/01/22/stephen-a-smith-said-spurs-were-willing-to-trade-kawhi-leonard-to-knicks-before-season-now-theres-discord-in-san-antonio/

Dont know about that but Kiwi is a weird human specimen, he had that hand injury that was unknown for every scientist on earth and now this.

phxspurfan
01-22-2018, 06:51 PM
lol at all the Kawhi suckers thinking shit was all gravy. Spurs are like any other business. We just got lucky with Duncan, Parker and Ginobili. Spurs haven't won shit after Duncan left.

That being said it's not wrong for them to ever explore selling high. That's what a business does. That's what the best investors do. It also ensures long term success, the kind of crap they write articles about later and say wow, the Spurs are the Haves and the rest of the league front offices are Have Nots and How Did they Dodge the Rebuilding Process etc. It's always about making boss moves.

Trill Clinton
01-22-2018, 07:07 PM
as one of the few "insiders" left here, i can state that this report is false.

DPG21920
01-22-2018, 07:27 PM
as one of the few "insiders" left here, i can state that this report is false.

Troj-bomb

TheRemix
01-22-2018, 07:36 PM
Shocked to hear the news. Real or not something is definitely there. To me it just sounds like kawhi's camp is trying to make sure he gets his supermax

NASpurs
01-22-2018, 07:45 PM
One thing I'll say is the timing. Funny how this shit comes out before a "big" game against the Cavs and not let's say, like last game vs the Pacers. One thing I hate about the NBA and how they (including the networks) manufacture shit up even if it's true.

Same shit with trades. Oh look Paul George was traded to the Lakers... who is he playing next week on TNT? The Thunder!

FkLA
01-22-2018, 07:54 PM
Im a full blown Kawhistan but to me its always seemed like he also has some desire to build a brand. He's been quietly rocking his Klaw apparel for years. There's gotta be a little diva/ego in there for someone to have that desire. He's not like Timmy in that sense since he genuinely never cared about that.

I named my youngest pug after Kawhichael too. I hope he doesn't end up bolting on the Spurs for LA or some shit. :(

duncan2k5
01-22-2018, 08:03 PM
LMAO @ Kawhi being injury prone...the guys has missed a combined 18 games in his 2 previous seasons...with the majority of those being Pop sitting him as if he is a baby...you posters on here must be 15 if you cant remember timmy and manu being injured a lot, and with more nagging injuries than kawhi had in a similar period of time...for goodness sakes duncan didnt even play in the 2000 playoffs (or was it 2001)...i see someone on here calling him grant hill...LMFAO! i hate you ppl

Rummpd
01-22-2018, 08:30 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22179536/kawhi-leonard-relationship-san-antonio-spurs-becoming-strained

Adrian Wojnarowski and Michael C. Wright

Months of discord centering on elements of treatment, rehabilitation and timetables for return from a right quadriceps injury have had a chilling impact on San Antonio Spurs star Kawhi Leonard's relationship with the franchise and coaching staff, league sources told ESPN.

Under president and coach Gregg Popovich and general manager RC Buford, the Spurs have a two-decades-long history of strong relationships with star players, but multiple sources describe Leonard and his camp as "distant" and "disconnected" from the organization.

Beyond the current rehab for the injury that has caused Leonard, an All-NBA forward, to miss most of the regular season, there is work to be done to repair what has been until now a successful partnership.

In an interview with ESPN, Buford rejected the reporting of turbulence between the franchise and Leonard.

Kawhi Leonard's stop-and-start rehab is causing issues with the team. Soobum Im-USA TODAY Sports

"There is no issue between the Spurs organization and Kawhi," Buford said. "From Day 1 all parties have worked together to find the best solutions to his injury."

Buford described a frustrating process of rehabilitation for what has been an elusive solution to an injury.

"This has been difficult for everyone," Buford told ESPN. "It's been difficult for Kawhi. He's an elite-level player. It's been difficult for the team, because they want to play with a great teammate. And it's been difficult for our staff. Historically we've been able to successfully manage injuries. This rehab hasn't been simple, and it hasn't gone in a linear fashion."

Leonard missed the first 27 regular-season games and has played only nine. Last week the Spurs sent him back to San Antonio to continue his rehabilitation process. Leonard has told the Spurs at different stages of the process that he wasn't comfortable with his ability to play through the injury and that the Spurs shut him down.

"We sought outside expertise with the best tendon experts in the world," Buford said. "It worked beautifully for Tony [Parker], but it hasn't worked the same for Kawhi."

The 15th overall pick in the 2011 draft, Leonard has developed into one of the most dominant players in the league, becoming a two-time first-team All-NBA player, a two-time NBA Defensive Player of the Year and the 2014 NBA Finals MVP in the Spurs' victory over the Miami Heat.

Despite Leonard's absence and limited minutes in the nine games he has played, the Spurs are 30-18 and tied with the Minnesota Timberwolves for the No. 3 seed in the Western Conference.

The Spurs initially disclosed Leonard's injury on Sept. 30, announcing that he would miss the entire preseason because of right quadriceps tendinopathy. Popovich said at the time Leonard would "probably miss the beginning of the preseason or a good deal of preseason," and indicated the quadriceps issue first developed sometime in the 2016-17 season.

After Leonard missed the Spurs' first 10 regular-season games in October and November, Popovich said that he was "just coming along more slowly" than expected in his rehabilitation.

Editor's Picks

Spurs demote Parker to bench, start Murray

Spurs point guard Tony Parker met with Gregg Popovich before Sunday's loss to the Pacers, and Popovich told him he "thought it was time" to go with someone else in the starting lineup. Parker came off the bench for the 21st time in his career.

On Nov. 22, Popovich said that he had "never" encountered a quadriceps issue like the one Leonard is experiencing.

"What's really strange is that Tony Parker has the same injury, but even worse," Popovich told reporters. Parker ruptured a left quadriceps tendon in the Western Conference playoffs in May, a far more severe injury, and returned to the Spurs' lineup nearly seven months later.

Leonard made his season debut on Dec. 12, scoring 13 points in 16 minutes against the Dallas Mavericks. The Spurs kept Leonard on a minutes restriction and held him out of back-to-back games until Leonard sustained a strained left shoulder on Jan. 5 against the Phoenix Suns

Leonard missed three games with the shoulder injury, then returned to the lineup on Jan. 13 against Denver, scoring 19 points in 28 minutes. Days later, the Spurs made public a decision to shut down Leonard indefinitely, sending him back to San Antonio from a team trip through the Northeast.

Popovich said that Leonard "didn't reinjure" the quad and insisted that the organization was erring on the side of caution with its franchise player.

"You've got to be confident in your body to go out there and play at the level he's expected to play," Popovich told reporters. "We didn't feel he was ready. His confidence level wasn't there. So we decided to give it some more time."

In 39 games without Leonard on the floor this season, the Spurs have registered a 25-14 record (5-4 with Leonard in the lineup) and ranked No. 16 in offensive and No. 2 in defensive efficiency.

gospursgojas
01-22-2018, 08:40 PM
In the title of this thread why is the U in SPURS an asterisk?

LkrFan
01-22-2018, 08:50 PM
In the title of this thread why is the U in SPURS an asterisk?

I dunn:lol

bklynspursfan
01-22-2018, 09:19 PM
LMAO @ Kawhi being injury prone...the guys has missed a combined 18 games in his 2 previous seasons...with the majority of those being Pop sitting him as if he is a baby...you posters on here must be 15 if you cant remember timmy and manu being injured a lot, and with more nagging injuries than kawhi had in a similar period of time...for goodness sakes duncan didnt even play in the 2000 playoffs (or was it 2001)...i see someone on here calling him grant hill...LMFAO! i hate you ppl

He's definitely not as injury prone as some say. (Btw he did have a calf injury he sat out a couple games in the last 2 seasons)

He's had some odd injuries tho, but nothing that puts him as some unreliable guy whos body can't hold up

DieHardSpursFan1537
01-22-2018, 10:27 PM
Welp, looks like shits just gonna keep hitting the fan. I wouldn't even be surprised if he's gone by the end of the year.

Ice009
01-22-2018, 10:29 PM

Is his uncle still in San Antonio. His sister moved back to California so I can understand her getting things wrong, but I thought he still had family members living in San Antonio. Does his Mom and Uncle still live in San Antonio? If they've moved back to California, then I don't think that's a good sign.

What does the first bit mean? "Melo and George was one trade"?

phxspurfan
01-22-2018, 10:44 PM
OP is right. Kawhi is indeed "chilling." While cashing them checks totaling about $21M this year. I'm sure he's very angry when he looks at his bank statements

dbreiden83080
01-22-2018, 10:45 PM

Tim never had his mind made up that he was definitely leaving. He was enticed by the idea of playing alongside Grant Hill. Certainly at that time because Hill was a great player that was an obvious enticement. At the end of the day he spoke to pop and David Robinson and stayed. That’s it.

DAF86
01-22-2018, 10:58 PM
Tim never had his mind made up that he was definitely leaving. He was enticed by the idea of playing alongside Grant Hill. Certainly at that time because Hill was a great player that was an obvious enticement. At the end of the day he spoke to pop and David Robinson and stayed. That’s it.

former Spurs forward Bruce Bowen, who claims that Tim Duncan was all set to join up with Hill and McGrady in Orlando back in 2000 before Doc Rivers, who was Orlando’s coach at the time, made a crucial mistake that changed the NBA landscape for the next decade…

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/12/nba-spurs-magic-bruce-bowen-doc-rivers-mistake-tim-duncan

LkrFan
01-22-2018, 11:02 PM
OP is right. Kawhi is indeed "chilling." While cashing them checks totaling about $21M this year. I'm sure he's very angry when he looks at his bank statements

You think he knows how to read his bank statements?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-F_Djc-gnmOo/U5fQ934WyMI/AAAAAAAAHaA/_KJ6nAzHuds/s1600/3.gif

daslicer
01-22-2018, 11:08 PM

Duncan was a iron man during his first 6 years of the league compared to Kawhi. I calculated the percentage of games Duncan played in and it turned out to be 98 percent while Kawhi played 83 percent during his first 6 years. I also didn't factor in this season but I have feeling that number will drop down to somewhere in the 70's after this season. 83 percent is not bad but Duncan was just on another level when it came to durability. I still remember him wanting to play with his torn meniscus during the '00 playoffs but Pop wouldn't allow it. I felt Duncan was deranged that you would literally have to cut off his legs ISIS style for him not to play.

dbreiden83080
01-22-2018, 11:10 PM
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/12/nba-spurs-magic-bruce-bowen-doc-rivers-mistake-tim-duncan

You take certain quotes way to literally dude. Tim never once said that his mind was all made up. This was even covered during the interview after the 2014 championship. Tony asked him about this on Camera and Tim said it was simply him going back-and-forth talking to pop about all of his options. He never had his mind totally made up. Get over it.

DAF86
01-22-2018, 11:13 PM
You take certain quotes way to literally dude. Tim never once said that his mind was all made up. This was even covered during the interview after the 2014 championship. Tony asked him about this on Camera and Tim said it was simply him going back-and-forth talking to pop about all of his options. He never had his mind totally made up. Get over it.

I don't know. The only literal quote I remember from Duncan about this is when he said "he was a lot closer than most people realize".

P/S: telling me to "get over it" when you are the one that felt the need to quote that comment again, 6 hours later. :lol

boutons_deux
01-22-2018, 11:15 PM
Will KL deny this chill?

dbreiden83080
01-22-2018, 11:28 PM
I don't know. The only literal quote I remember from Duncan about this is when he said "he was a lot closer than most people realize".

P/S: telling me to "get over it" when you are the one that felt the need to quote that comment again, 6 hours later. :lol

You seem to take this as some kind of a character flaw or something on the part of Tim? I’m not understanding what the problem is here? He was a free agent that considered his options. What exactly is your beef?

DAF86
01-22-2018, 11:33 PM
You seem to take this as some kind of a character flaw or something on the part of Tim? I’m not understanding what the problem is here? He was a free agent that considered his options. What exactly is your beef?

No beef with Duncan, that was perfectly fine to do. I'm just saying that those moments were indeed "dramatic" for the Spurs front office. I'm sure that a lot more dramatic than this rumour about Kawhi.

dbreiden83080
01-22-2018, 11:40 PM
No beef with Duncan, that was perfectly fine to do. I'm just saying that those moments were indeed "dramatic" for the Spurs front office. I'm sure that a lot more dramatic than this rumour about Kawhi.

I would think this is far more dramatic because KL health has suddenly become a major concern. Tim’s health was never a major concern. The Spurs have to decide if Leonard is worth a serious financial investment. He could conceivably play in less than 10 games this season.

DAF86
01-23-2018, 12:11 AM
I would think this is far more dramatic because KL health has suddenly become a major concern. Tim’s health was never a major concern. The Spurs have to decide if Leonard is worth a serious financial investment. He could conceivably play in less than 10 games this season.

But Kawhi's injury concerns aren't something that Kawhi can control, so it's retarded to put that on him. That isn't part of any "normal star drama". The fear of your franchise player bolting for another team is.

dbreiden83080
01-23-2018, 12:38 AM
But Kawhi's injury concerns aren't something that Kawhi can control, so it's retarded to put that on him. That isn't part of any "normal star drama". The fear of your franchise player bolting for another team is.

There was never any star drama with him. A free agent that considers his options is simply that a free agent. It happens basically 100 times out of 100 times. Deciding whether not to give an injury prone player a ridiculous amount of money. That is serious fucking drama. Tim Duncan is one of the toughest players to ever put on a fucking uniform. He played through insane pain and nobody ever questioned his toughness. People are seriously questioning the toughness of this particular player in question. I am questioning it. Because Tim Duncan does not go to the organization and say that my quad is bothering me and I can’t play. This man needed knee surgery and wanted to play in the playoffs at one time.

DAF86
01-23-2018, 12:45 AM
There was never any star drama with him. A free agent that considers his options is simply that a free agent. It happens basically 100 times out of 100 times. Deciding whether not to give an injury prone player a ridiculous amount of money. That is serious fucking drama. Tim Duncan is one of the toughest players to ever put on a fucking uniform. He played through insane pain and nobody ever questioned his toughness. People are seriously questioning the toughness of this particular player in question. I am questioning it. Because Tim Duncan does not go to the organization and say that my quad is bothering me and I can’t play. This man needed knee surgery and wanted to play in the playoffs at one time.

You seem really interested on making Duncan sound flawless and Kawhi like a fucking problem, tbh.

To me Duncan and Kawhi are the same, two superstars that escape the norm and prefer to lay low, be out of the spotlight and stay drama free. We're lucky to have had them both.

AFMadison
01-23-2018, 01:25 AM
I honestly don’t think the Spurs have handled it well at all. Why in the past year or so has Pop been so prioritized with LMA. Get this fuckin joke out of SA. I guarantee you Kawhi doesn’t mind the guards as much as he does LMA and his whiny personality who quits in the playoffs. Move on from that guy. Pop probably just keeps telling Kawhi “it’s basketball, we’ll make it work”. I have said and will continue to say not landing Kyrie is one of the biggest mistakes the Spurs have ever made, and they definitely could’ve had him over Boston. But but but we can’t give up on LMA and trade him like he WANTS because it’ll look bad on the organization so we’ll start running a shit offense just to keep LMA happy and not worry about driving Kawhi out of San Antonio. Most pathetic team I’ve watched all year, if we notice it do you think Kawhi doesn’t? Somebody please go throw some baby powder on their hand and b**ch slap Pop so he’ll wake up.

BatManu20
01-23-2018, 01:45 AM

BatManu20
01-23-2018, 01:46 AM

BatManu20
01-23-2018, 01:48 AM

BillMc
01-23-2018, 03:05 AM

I have never once heard the Spurs were thinking about trading Kawhi last summer. Coming off the WCF, two 60 win seasons, and with KL's star still ascending? Why would you start over? I don't buy that then even more than I don't buy that now.

dabom
01-23-2018, 03:11 AM
I have never once heard the Spurs were thinking about trading Kawhi this summer. Coming off the WCF, two 60 win seasons, and with KL's star still ascending? Why would you start over? I don't buy that then even more than I don't buy that now.

rasuo214
01-23-2018, 03:23 AM
Man, things have changed without Tim. First you have LMA asking for a trade. Then you have this Kawhi news. I said a long time ago that SA fans would have to get used to “new superstars”.

Tim was so rare in that he was a great teammate and leader and allowed Pop/RC to do what they needed to do because he supported them.

It does not make these new stars bad people, but it sheds light on just how special Tim is/was. This is what every other franchise has to deal with (outside of maybe Dallas/Dirk). The stuff with LMA, Kawhi and all the drama. This is what happens in free agency with these “lead” guys. This is the new norm and it’s going to be a big time struggle for Pop/RC and the fans adjusting.

Duncan is a once in a generation type of player/leader/teammate but lets be fair Pop/RC are also quite different than they were 15 years ago. They've become a bit complacent, they've put a greater focus on loyalty than before (which is fine as long as it isn't to the detriment of the team's success; think Patty and Pau) and bought into the system hype as the solution to their problems. Plus Pop's ego has grown quite a bit and he continually gets distracted with off the court disputes about the President or other BS.

Snaq O'Meal
01-23-2018, 03:50 AM

Stephen Asshole Smith lacks any shred of credibility. That’s why no one gave a fuck about his bullshit.

Emperor
01-23-2018, 03:51 AM
I have never once heard the Spurs were thinking about trading Kawhi last summer. Coming off the WCF, two 60 win seasons, and with KL's star still ascending? Why would you start over? I don't buy that then even more than I don't buy that now.

Pop admitted just recently about Aldridge wanting to be traded. People dismissed the idea back then. Could be the same for Kawhi. Just sayin.

Snaq O'Meal
01-23-2018, 03:54 AM
Plus Pop's ego has grown quite a bit and he continually gets distracted with off the court disputes about the President or other BS.

All that crap about planets and Trump is Poop’s way of deflecting attention away from the fact that his meddling has been detrimental to the team. We’ll hear more non-basketball diatribe from that pockmarked hypocrite as his overrated system is being exposed more and more.

Ice009
01-23-2018, 05:42 AM

WTF, that is weird if true. Is he sitting out games for a reason (to see how the team performs without him), or are the doctors/trainers/surgeons/physiotherapists all missing something?

Brazil
01-23-2018, 06:35 AM
made up drame with nothing behind to back it up

both FO and Kawhi are frustrated about the freak injury then usual discussion happen about following franchise doc protocol vs. following advice of personnal meds and staff then BS rumors start about chilling relationships

at the end, Spurs will give Kawhi his max contract and we have a new ST scola thread in the making for nothing

BG_Spurs_Fan
01-23-2018, 06:42 AM

both FO and Kawhi are frustrated about the freak injury then usual discussion happen about following franchise doc protocol vs. following advice of personnal meds and staff then BS rumors start about chilling relationships

at the end, Spurs will give Kawhi his max contract and we have a new ST scola thread in the making for nothing

:bobo

Nailed it.

Some posters just enjoy watching the world burn though.

boutons_deux
01-23-2018, 06:56 AM
"Some trust issues developing."

by whom? why?

KL says his leg hurts. End of story.

He wants to play in pain and Spurs are stopping him?

bklynspursfan
01-23-2018, 07:34 AM
I honestly don’t think the Spurs have handled it well at all. Why in the past year or so has Pop been so prioritized with LMA. Get this fuckin joke out of SA. I guarantee you Kawhi doesn’t mind the guards as much as he does LMA and his whiny personality who quits in the playoffs. Move on from that guy. Pop probably just keeps telling Kawhi “it’s basketball, we’ll make it work”. I have said and will continue to say not landing Kyrie is one of the biggest mistakes the Spurs have ever made, and they definitely could’ve had him over Boston. But but but we can’t give up on LMA and trade him like he WANTS because it’ll look bad on the organization so we’ll start running a shit offense just to keep LMA happy and not worry about driving Kawhi out of San Antonio. Most pathetic team I’ve watched all year, if we notice it do you think Kawhi doesn’t? Somebody please go throw some baby powder on their hand and b**ch slap Pop so he’ll wake up.

Do you even pay attention to what's happening? They were trying hard to get Kyrie, and Aldridge was involved in those discussions.

This literally has 0 to do with the actual topic. You should probably read the actual article and not assume from the thread title that it's something that it isn't.

Brazil
01-23-2018, 07:38 AM
"Some trust issues developing."

by whom? why?

KL says his leg hurts. End of story.

He wants to play in pain and Spurs are stopping him?

Probably story about trust is trust about medical staff of FO and personnal Kawhi staff... it happens all the time when it comes to freak injuries where diagnosis is not crystal clear.. conflicts between team and private medical staff are routine tbh It happened also with Parker at one point. The player in those situations is put on a tough spot needing to choose one side.

ElNono
01-23-2018, 08:51 AM

brah, there's fucking drama, end of story... :lol

Brazil
01-23-2018, 08:59 AM
brah, there's fucking drama, end of story... :lol

:lol ok then.. let's make dat thread a 100 pages one

Keepin' it real
01-23-2018, 10:25 AM
WTF, that is weird if true. Is he sitting out games for a reason (to see how the team performs without him), or are the doctors/trainers/surgeons/physiotherapists all missing something?

He's fine, but Pop's obsession with injuries has messed up Kawhi's mind. Now he thinks he's hurt all the time.

bklynspursfan
01-23-2018, 10:32 AM
He's fine, but Pop's obsession with injuries has messed up Kawhi's mind. Now he thinks he's hurt all the time.

Please tell me you forgot the blue font.

SAGirl
01-23-2018, 11:02 AM
They shopped LMA hard, b4 and after the draft. They ended up sitting down with him bc Lamarcus had tanked his value by having had a mediocre season in which he missed the all star, his numbers were down, and he looked awful in the playoffs. Then you add in his whining and the fact he wasn’t that young anymore and no one wanted him. Suns wouldn’t trade josh Jackson for him, which was a piece Cleveland allegedly wanted. Josh Jackson. Hasn’t looked special as a rookie so you can see how hard LMA tanked his value.

Keepin' it real
01-23-2018, 11:09 AM
Jalen just said on First Take that his sources tell him Kawhi wants out of SA due to their inability to attract good free agents, and also due to the handling of his injury.

So now it's official.

LaMarcus Bryant
01-23-2018, 11:09 AM
Would yall rather Harlem butt pound Brian Windhorst for 5 minutes if Kawhi's quad healed up or DPG become the official spokesperson of the Spurs? :lol

Kawhi is finished.

Amuseddaysleeper
01-23-2018, 11:18 AM
Jalen just said on First Take that his sources tell him Kawhi wants out of SA due to their inability to attract good free agents, and also due to the handling of his injury.

So now it's official.

If this is true then Pop and RC have set the franchise back 20 years :wow

bklynspursfan
01-23-2018, 11:23 AM

I mean they just got Aldridge a few years ago, that was a big deal. I'm just wrapping my head around how Jalen Rose all of a sudden became a trusted outlet for the Spurs or any team's inside info.

Amuseddaysleeper
01-23-2018, 11:25 AM
I mean they just got Aldridge a few years ago, that was a big deal. I'm just wrapping my head around how Jalen Rose all of a sudden became a trusted outlet for the Spurs or any team's inside info.

Kawhi's camp could be leaking info, he's obviously pissed and he's absolutely right, the roster the Spurs have built in today's NBA is old and garbage. It's a superstar league and Kawhi needs a hell of a lot more help.

sasaint
01-23-2018, 11:26 AM

More like dispatched the team to Seattle.

bklynspursfan
01-23-2018, 11:31 AM
Kawhi's camp could be leaking info, he's obviously pissed and he's absolutely right, the roster the Spurs have built in today's NBA is old and garbage. It's a superstar league and Kawhi needs a hell of a lot more help.

I'm just trying to figure out how they can look as good as they did last year against the leagues best, but he's pissed now? Idk.. The timing seems off

palangi
01-23-2018, 11:34 AM

I agree with this 100%. The issues fall square on pop. And the front office. I've been saying all year this is a poorly constructed team. Our drafting has been terrible lately too. I think or toros team is better constructed than this shit show we have in San Antonio.

sasaint
01-23-2018, 11:37 AM

It is a superstar league, but it is also Bird-rights, supermax-driven, deep-pockets league, which does not bode well for the Spurs in San Antonio.

sasaint
01-23-2018, 11:38 AM

I have never been convinced that Kawhi was that excited to have Aldridge.

bklynspursfan
01-23-2018, 11:39 AM
I have never been convinced that Kawhi was that excited to have Aldridge.

Maybe not. But it was the biggest name available that summer. And Paul didn't want to come here cause of his relationship with Tony (which seemed like an odd excuse)

TheDoctor
01-23-2018, 11:42 AM
:bobo

Nailed it.

Some posters just enjoy watching the world burn though.
Hey, the World is just that, a sea of fire; where some shine and burn more than others tbh :hat

Amuseddaysleeper
01-23-2018, 11:44 AM
I'm just trying to figure out how they can look as good as they did last year against the leagues best, but he's pissed now? Idk.. The timing seems off

I hear you, Spurs exceeded expectations and they looked damn good for 3 quarters in game 1. But the FO’s biggest issue is that they didn’t try hard enough to improve. Even this season with all the injuries the Spurs don’t take a flyer on anyone? Really? That’s pathetic.

Especially in a western conference where everyone was improving the Spurs took a step back. I think Kawhi sees what he’s surrounded with (LMA is not s good #2 option if you seriously want a championship) and realizes the future is bleak.

bklynspursfan
01-23-2018, 11:48 AM
I hear you, Spurs exceeded expectations and they looked damn good for 3 quarters in game 1. But the FO’s biggest issue is that they didn’t try hard enough to improve. Even this season with all the injuries the Spurs don’t take a flyer on anyone? Really? That’s pathetic.

Especially in a western conference where everyone was improving the Spurs took a are back. I think Kawhi sees what he’s surrounded with (LMA is not s good #2 option if you seriously want a championship) and realizes the future is bleak.

I mean they tried hard to trade for Kyrie, and CP3 wanted to go play elsewhere. The PG position was one they clearly wanted to improve big time. Sometimes you can't make it work. So they decided to stick with what they had.

sasaint
01-23-2018, 12:00 PM
I mean they tried hard to trade for Kyrie, and CP3 wanted to go play elsewhere. The PG position was one they clearly wanted to improve big time. Sometimes you can't make it work. So they decided to stick with what they had.

All true. Bottom line is that the Spurs failed to bring in any upgrades and now they have a menagerie of PG aspirants, each of which has his own distinctive flaw. Plus Kawhi has to share iso-opportunities with LMA. That's one too many iso-dependent players in the lineup.

bklynspursfan
01-23-2018, 12:02 PM
All true. Bottom line is that the Spurs failed to bring in any upgrades and now they have a menagerie of PG aspirants, each of which has his own distinctive flaw. Plus Kawhi has to share iso-opportunities with LMA. That's one too many iso-dependent players in the lineup.

And if they landed another big name, he would have to share the ball with them too. And Kawhi isn't as iso dependent because he is a very good catch and shoot player.

Big Empty
01-23-2018, 12:19 PM
Well wait till the offseason and see if we can trade Kawhi for a top 3 pick. If he is unhappy its understandable given the current roster changes. (not much). Im sure he wants to go east. But if he is unhappy and ungrateful get him out of here. Trade LaMarcus too lets rebuild. The cap space will catch up to the teams overpaying mediocre players and there will not be GS big 4's anymore. Go ahead and unload Patty too in a package with Kawhi. We'll have a lottery season next year and get another high pick. That's the plan.

sasaint
01-23-2018, 12:21 PM
And if they landed another big name, he would have to share the ball with them too. And Kawhi isn't as iso dependent because he is a very good catch and shoot player.

True. In some old thread I opined that Kawhi could embrace and thrive in any offensive scheme. He was a part of The Beautiful Game! However, in the current offense he is an iso-player by design, although he may not necessarily be an iso-player by preference. But this team needs a playmaker AND an alpha. We currently have neither. Throw such a player into the mix, and move LMA now while he has recouped value and pray that it works AND that it satisfies Kawhi.

To me this means that nobody on the roster is exempt from trade. Surely PATFO would not sacrifice Kawhi on the altar of their crumbling culture... Would they? If so, Kawhi should bring a king's ransom in return.

Proxy
01-23-2018, 12:29 PM

Especially in a western conference where everyone was improving the Spurs took a step back. I think Kawhi sees what he’s surrounded with (LMA is not s good #2 option if you seriously want a championship) and realizes the future is bleak.

they didn't try hard enough, yet we heard reports that they went at Paul and Kyrie really hard

bic50
01-23-2018, 01:09 PM
Well wait till the offseason and see if we can trade Kawhi for a top 3 pick. If he is unhappy its understandable given the current roster changes. (not much). Im sure he wants to go east. But if he is unhappy and ungrateful get him out of here. Trade LaMarcus too lets rebuild. The cap space will catch up to the teams overpaying mediocre players and there will not be GS big 4's anymore. Go ahead and unload Patty too in a package with Kawhi. We'll have a lottery season next year and get another high pick. That's the plan.
In what way is he ungrateful?

TimDunkem
01-23-2018, 01:17 PM
In what way is he ungrateful?

God forbid he isn't cool with carrying a scrub team yet again coming off an injury the Spurs staff misdiagnosed to begin with. :lol

Darius Bieber
01-23-2018, 01:19 PM
God forbid he isn't cool with carrying a scrub team yet again coming off an injury the Spurs staff misdiagnosed to begin with. :lol

Also, people here have become too accustomed to Duncan's character (post Orlando controversy). Kawhi has no obligation to the Spurs or to the fans. He can leave if he wants. The NBA is a business. You don't think the Spurs would kick his ass out to another team in a New York minute if the Warriors offered Steph and Klay for him? There is no loyalty.

bic50
01-23-2018, 01:29 PM
Pop called Kawhi the future face of the franchise years ago and every off season Kawhi did his part and came back a better player then the season prior. The spurs front office has regressed imo.

snickles
01-23-2018, 01:42 PM
Jesus Christ, this franchise has reached its lowest point in history

you must be pretty young....

TheGreatYacht
01-23-2018, 01:53 PM
Pop called Kawhi the future face of the franchise years ago and every off season Kawhi did his part and came back a better player then the season prior. The spurs front office has regressed imo.
Truth bomb

AFMadison
01-23-2018, 01:55 PM
Do you even pay attention to what's happening? They were trying hard to get Kyrie, and Aldridge was involved in those discussions.

This literally has 0 to do with the actual topic. You should probably read the actual article and not assume from the thread title that it's something that it isn't.
I read it, and trying really hard doesn’t mean shite if it’s not accomplished. Woulda shoulda coulda.

TimDunkem
01-23-2018, 02:00 PM
I read it, and trying really hard doesn’t mean shite if it’s not accomplished. Woulda shoulda coulda.

They didn't even need to do that to improve. There were plenty of players out there that they could've signed.

Instead, Drunkford blew his load at 12:01 on Patty Mills, gave a fat contract to a washed up Spanish ostrich, signed the worst defensive big in NBA history and gave him a player option, while drafting a combo guard instead of working on upgrading the plethora of scrubby guards they already had.

PATFO blew it this offseason, and it really wouldn't be a surprise if everything that has been rumored is true.

TheGreatYacht
01-23-2018, 02:03 PM
They didn't even need to do that to improve. There were plenty of players out there that they could've signed.

Instead, Drunkford blew his load at 12:01 on Patty Mills, gave a fat contract to a washed up Spanish ostrich, signed the worst defensive big in NBA history and gave him a player option, while drafting a combo guard instead of working on upgrading the plethora of scrubby guards they already had.

PATFO blew it this offseason, and it really wouldn't be a surprise if everything that has been rumored is true.
Chill bro, these fat fans are already mourning over the loss of multiple Sam's Clubs

objective
01-23-2018, 02:12 PM

It's like Jeff McDonald tweeted after the Spurs gave their crap deals to Pau and Mills:

"The Spurs have won five titles, it's OK to let someone else have a turn."

TimDunkem
01-23-2018, 02:21 PM
It's like Jeff McDonald tweeted after the Spurs gave their crap deals to Pau and Mills:

He's a hack. Literally the worst take I've read in the past year or two. As if players like Kawhi are okay with letting another team have a turn.

This is exactly the kind of shit we used to make fun of Suns' and Mavericks' fans for. :lol

cd98
01-23-2018, 02:35 PM

Patty Mills signing was bad, but Gasol has been good and his contract isn't that bad and is tradable in the future to a cap clearing team.

daslicer
01-23-2018, 04:37 PM
Patty Mills signing was bad, but Gasol has been good and his contract isn't that bad and is tradable in the future to a cap clearing team.

I always subtract 1 year from a players contract because like you said the last year of the contract is always trade-able. Spurs signed Mills to a bad 4 year contract but in reality they are probably stuck with him for another 2 years after this season and then they will be able to trade him.

YGWHI
01-24-2018, 12:34 AM
I would not want to be Michael Wright :lol

That dude is about to come up missing. Pop and RC are not about that loose lips life. Consider his access revoked.

We thought the same about Jabari Young after his "unhappy LMA" article... But he's still on SAEN. Wright will be fine. :D

YGWHI
01-24-2018, 01:24 AM
Is his uncle still in San Antonio.
He travels to see Kawhi very often but never lived in San Antonio.

Does his Mom and Uncle still live in San Antonio?
His mom still does it.

YGWHI
01-24-2018, 02:23 AM
But during the season THIS YEAR Kawhi said the injury was not from last year.

Kawhi himself said it wasn't an injury from last year.

He said that before he got a 2nd opinion and hired his own doctor/rehab staff. Also, Kawhi will never throw Spurs staff under the buss in public.

Kawhi had a quad contusion in February last season. Spurs medical staff thought it wasn’t serious, just sat him one game, the first game of the Rodeo Road trip as precaution.

He played the rest of the season & playoffs with that issue. Spurs doctors told Pop they didn’t find any structural damage in his quad. Then Kawhi trained hard all summer instead of getting the correct treatment..

Anyway, Kawhi won't leave SA. He just needs to start trusting them again after their summer mistake.

YGWHI
01-24-2018, 02:39 AM
Maybe his talent is. But his value is a player, who can't play without getting hurt is not. Grant Hill 2.0.
If there are guys that cute who think a lost season due to injury prevents players from signing max deals.........Just look at AD and Conley contracts.

duncan2k5
01-24-2018, 02:41 AM

Grant Hill?? Did u watch basketball back then? Tim was gonna be playing with T-Mac

duncan2k5
01-24-2018, 02:44 AM
Duncan was a iron man during his first 6 years of the league compared to Kawhi. I calculated the percentage of games Duncan played in and it turned out to be 98 percent while Kawhi played 83 percent during his first 6 years. I also didn't factor in this season but I have feeling that number will drop down to somewhere in the 70's after this season. 83 percent is not bad but Duncan was just on another level when it came to durability. I still remember him wanting to play with his torn meniscus during the '00 playoffs but Pop wouldn't allow it. I felt Duncan was deranged that you would literally have to cut off his legs ISIS style for him not to play.

Bro...u are calculating kawhis rookie year where he wasn't a high lottery pick... Of course he wasn't gonna play all games under Pop... Also back then pop wasn't into resting players... A significant portion of kawhis missed games was pop intentionally sitting him even with no injuries

duncan2k5
01-24-2018, 02:54 AM
True. In some old thread I opined that Kawhi could embrace and thrive in any offensive scheme. He was a part of The Beautiful Game! However, in the current offense he is an iso-player by design, although he may not necessarily be an iso-player by preference. But this team needs a playmaker AND an alpha. We currently have neither. Throw such a player into the mix, and move LMA now while he has recouped value and pray that it works AND that it satisfies Kawhi.

To me this means that nobody on the roster is exempt from trade. Surely PATFO would not sacrifice Kawhi on the altar of their crumbling culture... Would they? If so, Kawhi should bring a king's ransom in return.

Kawhi isn't an alpha???? You guys are fucking idiots... No wonder his camp wants him to leave... With the shit they read on here... Smfh

Quiet Strength
01-24-2018, 02:55 AM
Grant Hill?? Did u watch basketball back then? Tim was gonna be playing with T-Mac

And Grant Hill

duncan2k5
01-24-2018, 02:57 AM
And Grant Hill

Brothers.... During that time grant hill wasn't the attraction... He was already considered injury prone and on the downside of his career... T-Mac was the big draw

duncan2k5
01-24-2018, 02:58 AM
It's like saying now that someone is going to Cleveland to play with lebron and wade... Except lebron is five years younger

YGWHI
01-24-2018, 03:03 AM
I would think this is far more dramatic because KL health has suddenly become a major concern. Tim’s health was never a major concern.
Tim's health was a major concern in 2000, after his knee injury and Pop sitting him for the playoffs. He needed surgery...Spurs and Dr. David Schmidt the best orthopedic surgeon in San Antonio were unsure about his full recovery.

Against all odds, he played another 16 years after that surgery, winning multiple rings.

Kawhi's injury is a minor injury compare to Tim's in 2000.

But of course...Thinking about the worst possible outcomes is the easiest way.

YGWHI
01-24-2018, 03:26 AM
I also wonder if this is a bit of gamesmanship from Kawhis camp with regards to Super Max deal. They may be hearing that with injuries to Kawhi that SA might not want to go there. This could be their way of putting that pressure on them publicly.

I doubt this is about his next contract. If were April who knows but not now.

A guy "with a personality that does not have any other interest other than B-BALL" shoud be very frustrated if the medical staff of his team didn't manage his injury well

It's pretty obvious if a player got a 2nd option and tried to find his own doctors is because he didn't trust his team's doctors completely.

That's why RC felt the need to say "And it's been difficult for our staff. Historically we've been able to successfully manage injuries".

Otherwise, he wouldn't mention this.

sasaint
01-24-2018, 08:31 AM
Kawhi isn't an alpha???? You guys are fucking idiots... No wonder his camp wants him to leave... With the shit they read on here... Smfh

Kawhi is our best athlete/basketball player but he is not a leader, an alpha. He can perform well in any offensive scheme. But he is best suited for executing plays directed by a strong PG such as Chris Paul, and the team was better when He got his points in the flow of the offense. Plus he is such a sphinx that it is difficult to see Kawhi having a big impact in the locker room.

Dre_7
01-24-2018, 09:27 AM
He said that before he got a 2nd opinion and hired his own doctor/rehab staff. Also, Kawhi will never throw Spurs staff under the buss in public.

Kawhi had a quad contusion in February last season. Spurs medical staff thought it wasn’t serious, just sat him one game, the first game of the Rodeo Road trip as precaution.

He played the rest of the season & playoffs with that issue. Spurs doctors told Pop they didn’t find any structural damage in his quad. Then Kawhi trained hard all summer instead of getting the correct treatment..

Anyway, Kawhi won't leave SA. He just needs to start trusting them again after their summer mistake.

Wow this is really interesting. Where did you read this?

Although I question this because he said it wasn't from last year in the same interview where he implies he got a second opinion. So it doesn't really add up.

Keepin' it real
01-24-2018, 09:29 AM
Kawhi isn't an alpha???? You guys are fucking idiots... no wonder his camp wants him to leave... With the shit they read on here... Smfh

:rollin

Wow, you're delusional ... and contradictory. You assert he's an alpha but wants to leave due to mean comments on here ... As if he or his "camp" would give a fuck what a bunch of anonymous trolls have to say.

Come on, man. He ain't Kevin Durant.

TheDoctor
01-24-2018, 11:13 AM
Damn don’t hit’em like that :wow

baseline bum
01-24-2018, 11:30 AM

Hill agreed to go to Orlando almost immediately, so Tim would have gone to Orlando to play with him, not McGrady.

Brothers.... During that time grant hill wasn't the attraction... He was already considered injury prone and on the downside of his career... T-Mac was the big draw

You remember wrong. He was considered a sure fire hall of famer in his prime and that ankle was the first serious injury he ever dealt with. Dude was only 27 years old at the time. TMac was considered the great consolation prize if Orlando couldn't land Duncan.

YGWHI
01-24-2018, 08:51 PM
Wow this is really interesting. Where did you read this?
I heard it on the same podcasts people posted here and some radios online

Although I question this because he said it wasn't from last year in the same interview where he implies he got a second opinion. So it doesn't really add up.
I watched the same interview on Tw. I guess that was Kawhi not throwing them under the buss...If he would have said the injury was from last season everyone on media would question Spurs medical staff at that moment.

In 2015 about his hand..."One of the doctors said it's the first time he's ever seen an injury like this" In 2018 about his quad..."They've never seen an injury like this"

If they didn't know what it was they could misdeagnose it. Even Pop admitted the doctors had to change the treatment after the first weeks of Spurs training camp.

Kawhi could feel frustrated after getting the same "have never seen it" response from Spurs doctors.

But again, it's not an irreconcilable issue.

tholdren
01-24-2018, 11:12 PM
Kl could have prevented by just addressing media. Squash it. Move on.

daslicer
01-24-2018, 11:16 PM
Bro...u are calculating kawhis rookie year where he wasn't a high lottery pick... Of course he wasn't gonna play all games under Pop... Also back then pop wasn't into resting players... A significant portion of kawhis missed games was pop intentionally sitting him even with no injuries

Actually Kawhi played 64 out of 66 games during his rookie year. His rookie year was the lockout season. If I take out his rookie year then the percentage of games he has missed is even higher.

Dre_7
01-25-2018, 10:27 AM
I heard it on the same podcasts people posted here and some radios online

Ok, cool. I have read every (legit) article I could find but haven't listened to podcasts. Thanks for sharing.

I watched the same interview on Tw. I guess that was Kawhi not throwing them under the buss...If he would have said the injury was from last season everyone on media would question Spurs medical staff at that moment.

In 2015 about his hand..."One of the doctors said it's the first time he's ever seen an injury like this" In 2018 about his quad..."They've never seen an injury like this"

If they didn't know what it was they could misdeagnose it. Even Pop admitted the doctors had to change the treatment after the first weeks of Spurs training camp.

Kawhi could feel frustrated after getting the same "have never seen it" response from Spurs doctors.

But again, it's not an irreconcilable issue.

I am with you on that. Obviously, there is something going on, otherwise there wouldn't be all these reports. I do not think it is all doom and gloom as a lot do here. I am not too worried about Kawhi and the Spurs for 2 reasons. First reason is, if there is some kind of discord or whatever, I have faith that Pop and the Spurs will do WHATEVER it takes to make things right. And the second reason I am not too worried is, in the end, money talks. The Spurs are the only team that can offer him the super max. He would have to really be at odds with the Spurs to not take a super max if offered to him. And likewise, the Spurs would really have to be worried about his health to not offer the super max. I am confident that Kawhi will still be a Spur past the 2021 season.

dbreiden83080
01-26-2018, 11:20 PM

It was going to be both of them. Yes I did watch. Thanks for the obnoxious comment.

dbreiden83080
01-26-2018, 11:22 PM

You made it sound like he wasn’t even on the team. You need to be clearer when you post dude.

SAGirl
01-26-2018, 11:25 PM
Apparently the chilling is reaching teammates at this point.

Ice009
01-27-2018, 01:33 AM
Pop's rests LA last game and now they play like shit. I just don't see how resting helps. Pop has no clue about rhythm or continuity.

tholdren
01-27-2018, 01:34 AM
I think kl likes guys

gambit1990
02-17-2018, 02:04 PM
I named my youngest pug after Kawhichael too.
did you name your dog after kawhi because pugs have health issues too?

tholdren
02-17-2018, 03:09 PM
I know kl likes guys

gambit1990
02-18-2018, 02:37 PM
kawhi used to tear it the fuck up. rip bruh.

BillMc
02-19-2018, 07:27 AM
No idea if this guy is a quack or onto something. But hey John Goodman trying to save Kawhi's season is as good as more speculation. He gets to Kawhi a little after the two minute mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4jgISLjBh8

That said, can't imagine it is anything this simple and the Spurs docs or Kawhi's private physicians didn't think of this.

lmbebo
02-19-2018, 08:20 AM
No idea if this guy is a quack or onto something. But hey John Goodman trying to save Kawhi's season is as good as more speculation. He gets to Kawhi a little after the two minute mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4jgISLjBh8

That said, can't imagine it is anything this simple and the Spurs docs or Kawhi's private physicians didn't think of this.

Some chiropractor's are quacks. Seen them cause a lot of damage to patient's, sometimes fatal ...

djohn2oo8
02-19-2018, 10:30 AM
So what is the latest with this?

robert1886
02-19-2018, 10:32 AM
So what is the latest with this?

Just the usual spurs fan melt down and making up more rumors .

rjv
02-19-2018, 11:29 AM
Just the usual spurs fan melt down and making up more rumors .

in other words, another day in the ST alternate universe.

ECOV
02-19-2018, 01:40 PM
Some chiropractor's are quacks. Seen them cause a lot of damage to patient's, sometimes fatal ...
need to share this info

lmbebo
02-19-2018, 01:53 PM
need to share this info

some chiropractor manipulation is so violent that it can cause fatal vertebral artery dissections. Causing young healthy and others to stroke out. Broken ribs, etc.

Keepin' it real
02-19-2018, 02:04 PM
some chiropractor manipulation is so violent that it can cause fatal vertebral artery dissections. Causing young healthy and others to stroke out. Broken ribs, etc.

Chiros can't be any worse than real doctors:

"Medical errors rank behind heart disease and cancer as the third leading cause of death in the U.S., Johns Hopkins researchers say."

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2016/05/03/476636183/death-certificates-undercount-toll-of-medical-errors (https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2016/05/03/476636183/death-certificates-undercount-toll-of-medical-errors)

spursistan
02-19-2018, 02:12 PM

Does my man DPG still think Woj/Lowe were doing hit piece on the Spurs? :lol..

This time Aldridge doesn't even mention Kawhi at all . That' how disconnected he is from the Spurs and fellow teammates right now..They just seem to have no clue about his injury and rehab process after the second shutdown..

Keepin' it real
02-19-2018, 02:33 PM

Does my man DPG still think Woj/Lowe were doing hit piece on the Spurs? :lol..

This time Aldridge doesn't even mention Kawhi at all . That' how disconnected he is from the Spurs and fellow teammates right now..They just seem to have no clue about his injury and rehab process after the second shutdown..

Ouch, sounds like LMA knows Kawhi ain't coming back, or that was a catty Freudian slip 'cuz LMA and Kawhi ain't besties.

SAGirl
02-19-2018, 03:18 PM
Think Lamarcus just isn’t sure what’s going on with Kawhi. Rudy at least traveled with the team in the RRT and teammates have actually seen him getting ready to play. At this point it’s just a medical clearance he’s waiting for. Kiwi, nobody knows.

MoSpur02
02-19-2018, 03:49 PM
Think Lamarcus just isn’t sure what’s going on with Kawhi. Rudy at least traveled with the team in the RRT and teammates have actually seen him getting ready to play. At this point it’s just a medical clearance he’s waiting for. Kiwi, nobody knows.

I agree. He obviously doesn't know just like the rest of us what actually is going on with Kawhi. I'm sure he sees Rudy Gay regularly at the practice facility and has a good idea of how he's progressing. Not so much with Kawhi.

Chomag
02-19-2018, 04:39 PM
"Kawhi who?" ~ LMA 2018

spursistan
02-19-2018, 06:01 PM
It is hard to believe it but there is a very good chance that Kawhi-- with quad tendinitis-- is going to end up playing only 3 more games than Paul George did, who gruesomely ruptured his leg in preseason summer tourney :depressed..

Leetonidas
02-19-2018, 07:02 PM
Leonard is a big pussy tbh

TimDunkem
02-19-2018, 07:53 PM
It is hard to believe it but there is a very good chance that Kawhi-- with quad tendinitis-- is going to end up playing only 3 more games than Paul George did, who gruesomely ruptured his leg in preseason summer tourney :depressed..

It's pretty ridiculous when you consider that one guy is sore, and the other's leg snapped in half.

tholdren
02-19-2018, 08:53 PM
It's pretty ridiculous when you consider that one guy is sore, and the other's leg snapped in half.

Pretty much. Needs more rest, needs more help. Lebum 1.5

Keepin' it real
02-21-2018, 03:14 PM
So, to summarize where we are today, we're supposed to believe that Kawhi is not playing because of one of these reasons:

A) He's suffering the most mysterious injury in basketball history. So mysterious that the finest sports doctors can't find/fix it. OR
B) He's faking it. OR
C) He's a hypochondriac who thinks he's always hurt. OR
D) He's healthy, but Pop is choosing not to play him.

Honestly, option B sounds like the most plausible option, followed by option C. The other two options seem unrealistic.

SpursforSix
02-21-2018, 03:18 PM
Does he have the sickle cell trait or been tested for it? I've asked before and never seen an answer.

tholdren
02-21-2018, 09:44 PM
So, to summarize where we are today, we're supposed to believe that Kawhi is not playing because of one of these reasons:

A) He's not a bitch
B) He's a bitch
C) He's a bitch
D) He's not a bitch

Honestly, option B sounds like the most plausible option, followed by option C. The other two options seem unrealistic.

gospursgojas
02-21-2018, 09:48 PM
Does he have the sickle cell trait or been tested for it? I've asked before and never seen an answer.

Autism

Keepin' it real
02-21-2018, 11:03 PM

A) He's suffering the most mysterious injury in basketball history. So mysterious that the finest sports doctors can't find/fix it. OR
B) He's faking it. OR
C) He's a hypochondriac who thinks he's always hurt. OR
D) He's healthy, but Pop is choosing not to play him.

So based on today's events, we're looking at option C. As a few of us have speculated on here, I wonder if Pop screwed up Kawhi's brain with all this obsession with injuries. Now he's a mental case.

SAGirl
02-22-2018, 01:05 AM
Well the chilled was ice cold.