PDA

View Full Version : Kiwi now has a "chilling" relationship with the Sp*rs FO?

Pages : [1] 2

LkrFan
01-22-2018, 11:53 AM

Okay you farmers, stop milking Elsie and get your fat asses in here and :downspin: this shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit! :rollin :lmao :rollin

sasaint
01-22-2018, 11:56 AM
Some of us have already expressed concerns about this. Just confirms our fears.

K...
01-22-2018, 11:57 AM
Lmao, Leonard's entire personality is "distant and disconnected".

TimDunkem
01-22-2018, 12:01 PM
Been saying it since July when PATFO thought reupping old, one-dimensional players and putting them around an already injured Kawhi to carry yet again would sour things between them.

Now, not only that, but PATFO has completely botched his quad diagnosis and rehab. Jesus Christ. This organization doesn't deserve Kawhi. :lmao

SAGirl
01-22-2018, 12:01 PM
the rumors have already started... but it's been a concern. He's up for a supermax and with a season in which he has only played 9 games and some of them not well and in a severe minutes limitations... one wonders that things may not be all peachy.

davi78239
01-22-2018, 12:02 PM
So he wants to play but pop doesn't want him to and he's getting pissed? Great, way to go spurs mgmt

LkrFan
01-22-2018, 12:03 PM
the rumors have already started... but it's been a concern. He's up for a supermax and with a season in which he has only played 9 games and some of them not well and in a severe minutes limitations... one wonders that things may not be all peachy.

To avoid paying supermax, here's what y'all should do tbh:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hgo8wk2

:)

apalisoc_9
01-22-2018, 12:04 PM
But Apo you dont anything...I am sure Kawhi is fine. He doesnt mind getting treated like shit by managment. Fuck you apo :cry

bklynspursfan
01-22-2018, 12:06 PM
So he wants to play but pop doesn't want him to and he's getting pissed? Great, way to go spurs mgmt

Wanting to play and being ready to play are quite different.

SAGirl
01-22-2018, 12:08 PM
To avoid paying supermax, here's what y'all should do tbh:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hgo8wk2

:)
right....
:wakeup

Floyd Pacquiao
01-22-2018, 12:10 PM
Lmaoooooooo it's happening, hate to be the guy to say I told you so, but we told you so

Leetonidas
01-22-2018, 12:11 PM
Trade him tbh

BillMc
01-22-2018, 12:12 PM
As long as he doesn't say he's better than Danny Green...

jehawk81
01-22-2018, 12:13 PM
If he gone, does that mean apo & dabom leaving too?? It evens out.. I'm good with that :bobo

apalisoc_9
01-22-2018, 12:13 PM
This was pretty obvious even last year. Kawhi would look visibly annoyed with managment. He would go on a run and that Old Me me me coach would play him 25 minutes the next game.

No other star has that disadvantage.

TimDunkem
01-22-2018, 12:14 PM
:lol
Or Manu. :lmao

r0drig0lac
01-22-2018, 12:15 PM
Jesus Christ, this franchise has reached its lowest point in history

BillMc
01-22-2018, 12:15 PM
:lol:toast

apalisoc_9
01-22-2018, 12:16 PM
For so many posters this was obvious even last year

MoSpur02
01-22-2018, 12:17 PM
Sign and trade in the off season

spursistan
Yeah, he gone...

Like Robz4000 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=26403) said before, think the Spurs trade him during this coming draft..They won't risk losing him for nothing

baseline bum
I wouldn't hold it against Kawhi if he walks given the horrible job RC has done putting this team together. Mills should have never been brought back and signing Gasol to a three year deal instead of having a valuable expiring contract to trade was the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Obviously I want him to stay, but if he walks in 2019 I'll understand.

spursistan
01-22-2018, 12:19 PM
The bottom have officially fallen out for this organisation..

When people used to say Tim Duncan = Franchise, they were into something..

Keepin' it real
01-22-2018, 12:19 PM

Try again.

http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/Cards/Basketball/2108/2108-670198Fr.jpg

sasaint
01-22-2018, 12:20 PM

Haha! :toast

dbreiden83080
01-22-2018, 12:20 PM
"Leonard has told the Spurs at different stages of the rehab process that he wasn't comfortable with his ability to play through the injury and the Spurs shut him down."

Then why would he be mad at the Spurs about this? He is the one telling them he is hurt, and does not want to play. Story sounds like BS..

Ice009
01-22-2018, 12:21 PM
There is a question that I've been curious about since the off-season - Does Kawhi still have many family members living in San Antonio right now? I saw his sister mention on the Instagram page she made for Kawhi that she has moved back to California. Does Kawhi still have other family members living in San Antonio with him, or have most of them moved back?

"Leonard has told the Spurs at different stages of the rehab process that he wasn't comfortable with his ability to play through the injury and the Spurs shut him down."

Then why would he be mad at the Spurs about this? He is the one telling them he is hurt, and does not want to play. Story sounds like BS..

I wonder if anyone read the article before posting? I didn't think too much of it after reading that quote in the article that you've posted. If that quote is true, he's the one telling them he's not ready, so why would he be mad at them?

If he is mad at them, then I assume he feels they may have stuffed up the diagnosis and rehab? Maybe he thinks if it was handled differently/properly he wouldn't have been out this long?

spursistan
01-22-2018, 12:21 PM
Where are the PATFO suckers now? :lmao..

Hoops Czar
01-22-2018, 12:22 PM
That George Hill for Davis Bertans trade looking better by the second.

Spur|n|Austin

Well to be fair, this year he hasn't been better than either..

dbreiden83080
This was pretty obvious even last year. Kawhi would look visibly annoyed with managment. He would go on a run and that Old Me me me coach would play him 25 minutes the next game.

No other star has that disadvantage.

He was on a minutes limit last year and came into camp injured. This is on Pop????????????????

Emperor
Fire up those trade machines!

dbreiden83080
01-22-2018, 12:23 PM
There is a question that I've been curious about since the off-season - Does Kawhi still have many family members living in San Antonio right now? I saw his sister mention on the Instagram page she made for Kawhi that she has moved back to California. Does Kawhi still have other family members living in San Antonio with him, or have most of them moved back?

Great he can go to the Lakers.. His agent can just wait for the contract offer from Lavar Ball..

DPG21920
01-22-2018, 12:24 PM
Man, things have changed without Tim. First you have LMA asking for a trade. Then you have this Kawhi news. I said a long time ago that SA fans would have to get used to “new superstars”.

Tim was so rare in that he was a great teammate and leader and allowed Pop/RC to do what they needed to do because he supported them.

It does not make these new stars bad people, but it sheds light on just how special Tim is/was. This is what every other franchise has to deal with (outside of maybe Dallas/Dirk). The stuff with LMA, Kawhi and all the drama. This is what happens in free agency with these “lead” guys. This is the new norm and it’s going to be a big time struggle for Pop/RC and the fans adjusting.

r0drig0lac
see the good side:
at least we have slow and injured old men: Pau Gaysoft and Rudy Gay
dwarves: Mills and Forbes
old legends: Parker and Manu
role players: Kyle and Danny
.. and garbage: brendan paul or whatever the name of this shit and the worst center in history aka Joffrey

TimDunkem
Well to be fair, this year he hasn't been better than either..

Good thing those are the players we'll probably be keeping over Kawhi then, huh?

bklynspursfan
01-22-2018, 12:25 PM

Yup. Doesn't make sense. It's a frustrating time for both parties. Just hoping he gets the rehab he needs and comes back in a month or so, so he can focus on basketball.

SpursforSix

LOL. Did you just start watching NBA when they signed Duncan?

895OJ4sAXhw

Spur|n|Austin
Good thing those are the players we'll probably be keeping over Kawhi then, huh?

Wait, where's Kawhi going?

TimDunkem
01-22-2018, 12:26 PM
Wait, where's Kawhi going?

California. :lol

sasaint
01-22-2018, 12:26 PM

Not yet. Kawhi's actually bolting or forcing a trade would be.

Blowing all of our cap space last summer on Pau and Patty rather than going strongly after some upgrades might have gone a long way toward chilling the relationship - in addition to flubbing his rehab (if that is true).

Keepin' it real
01-22-2018, 12:27 PM
He was on a minutes limit last year and came into camp injured. This is on Pop????????????????

YES! That messes with a player's mind. Just let him play. No restrictions. No rest. No mention of injury prevention. Just suck it up and play tough. Plenty of time to rest in retirement.

baseline bum
01-22-2018, 12:27 PM

Not even close :lmao

http://ww1.hdnux.com/photos/43/34/64/9293112/5/1024x1024.jpg

MoSpur02
01-22-2018, 12:28 PM
I love Kawhi, but honestly I would be okay if he leaves as long as the Spurs get big talent in return or high lottery picks. One thing I can’t stand about Leonard is he at times becomes a ball hog and holds onto the ball for long periods of time when on offense.

DPG21920
01-22-2018, 12:28 PM
I also wonder if this is a bit of gamesmanship from Kawhis camp with regards to Super Max deal. They may be hearing that with injuries to Kawhi that SA might not want to go there. This could be their way of putting that pressure on them publicly.

Kawhi is eligible for a Super Max extension now. If they don’t do that and he has to make an All-NBA team next year (which with injury might be tough) that Super Max might not be available then.

LkrFan
01-22-2018, 12:29 PM
Great he can go to the Lakers.. His agent can just wait for the contract offer from Lavar Ball..

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y7mdj8w2

If the relationship continues going south, would you do this trade this summer?

dbreiden83080
01-22-2018, 12:30 PM

Uh no.. Not even close. The team was shit before David, and shit for one season before Timmy was drafted.

RsxPiimp

r0drig0lac
LOL. Did you just start watching NBA when they signed Duncan?

895OJ4sAXhw

I said franchise, not roster, losing Kawhi that way would be unbelievable for the acclaimed front office Spurs, it's simple to understand

DPG21920
Im hoping its just a guy with a personality that does not have any other interest other than B-BALL getting restless. Hoping it blows over once he starts playing again and hopeful that this gets RC/Pop going.

I dont fault them like most do here. They obviously tried to improve the team and if they would have landed Kyrie everyone would be singing a different tune. Unfortunately they can’t force CLE to trade with them.

BatManu20
I wouldn't hold it against Kawhi if he walks given the horrible job RC has done putting this team together. Mills should have never been brought back and signing Gasol to a three year deal instead of having a valuable expiring contract to trade was the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Obviously I want him to stay, but if he walks in 2019 I'll understand.

Pretty much this.

Spurs da champs
01-22-2018, 12:31 PM
Trade him tbh

Lol, Pop needs to get over himself, yet again.

LkrFan

:D

DAF86
Man, things have changed without Tim. First you have LMA asking for a trade. Then you have this Kawhi news. I said a long time ago that SA fans would have to get used to “new superstars”.

Tim was so rare in that he was a great teammate and leader and allowed Pop/RC to do what they needed to do because he supported them.

It does not make these new stars bad people, but it sheds light on just how special Tim is/was. This is what every other franchise has to deal with (outside of maybe Dallas/Dirk). The stuff with LMA, Kawhi and all the drama. This is what happens in free agency with these “lead” guys. This is the new norm and it’s going to be a big time struggle for Pop/RC and the fans adjusting.

Are we forgetting Duncan was a simple Doc Rivers' yes away from bolting the Spurs?

r0drig0lac
01-22-2018, 12:32 PM
I love Kawhi, but honestly I would be okay if he leaves as long as the Spurs get big talent in return or high lottery picks. One thing I can’t stand about Leonard is he at times becomes a ball hog and holds onto the ball for long periods of time when on offense.

Kawhi is the third best player in the world, you are delirious if you think that its impact can be replaced

dbreiden83080

Would not trade him at all.. His upside won't be replaced. If this season is gone, work with him this summer and hope he can get back to what he was last year. And try to sign him. If they lose him, fine but not trading him. OKC gambled and lost with Durant, but they had to gamble. He was too good to trade..

spursistan
It is just mortifying to think that it is plausible that Kawhi may have already played his last game for the Spurs..

sasaint
01-22-2018, 12:33 PM
If he is mad at them, then I assume he feels they may have stuffed up the diagnosis and rehab? Maybe he thinks if it was handled differently/properly he wouldn't have been out this long?

That's what I inferred.

RsxPiimp
01-22-2018, 12:33 PM
:D

Lets give them Caruso too bruh:lol

Budkin
01-22-2018, 12:34 PM

This. They are trying to save his career.

Darius Bieber
01-22-2018, 12:35 PM
I keep telling you guys Kawhi will walk... He has every reason to. Look at the bullshit the Spurs have built around him? What other elite superstar (Curry, Harden, LeBron) has had this bad of a team? The early Cavs (2007 Finals era) had a bullshit team outside of LeBron and he walked away, much like Kawhi will do.

DPG21920
01-22-2018, 12:35 PM
Are we forgetting Duncan was a simple Doc Rivers' yes away from bolting the Spurs?

No - but that doesn’t change how Tim was within the locker room. Free Agency is Free Agency. But how one acts whilst on a team is the point.

Ice009
01-22-2018, 12:36 PM
I'd rather have one ring and retire mid 30s than having no rings and playing until 40 averaging 6-10 ppg while playing 15- 20 minutes per game.

Maybe Pop should ask his star players how many minutes they might want to play. Tim seemed to have been OK with his minute/s management and it may have helped him due to his knee, but that doesn't mean anyone else wants the same thing. Playing less minutes at the expense of stats, all-star appearances, possibly better chances at Championships while playing more minutes in their primes, I'm just not sure if many other players in the NBA are interested in that at all.

DAF86
01-22-2018, 12:37 PM
Im hoping its just a guy with a personality that does not have any other interest other than B-BALL getting restless. Hoping it blows over once he starts playing again and hopeful that this gets RC/Pop going.

I dont fault them like most do here. They obviously tried to improve the team and if they would have landed Kyrie everyone would be singing a different tune. Unfortunately they can’t force CLE to trade with them.

I do fault them. You are acting as if once they missed on Paul and Irving they were forced to handicap future cap flexibility by gifting millions over millions to two players that are unplayable against GS like Gasol and Mills. They would have been better off not doing shit, tbh.

apalisoc_9

Tim was never treated like a robot. He was averaging 40mpg when he wanted to. Kawhi always wanted to play more during his healthy run

This micromanagment gimick is what causing all this BS

DAF86
No - but that doesn’t change how Tim was within the locker room. Free Agency is Free Agency. But how one acts whilst on a team is the point.

I'm pretty sure Kawhi is acting just fine within the locker room.

HarlemHeat37
01-22-2018, 12:38 PM
I'd rather have one ring and retire mid 30s than having no rings and playing until 40 averaging 6-10 ppg while playing 15- 20 minutes per game.

Maybe Pop should ask his star players how many minutes they might want to play. Tim seemed to have been OK with his minute/s management and it may have helped him due to his knee, but that doesn't mean anyone else wants the same thing. Playing less minutes at the expense of stats, all-star appearances, possibly better chances at Championships while playing more minutes in their primes, I'm just not sure if many other players in the NBA are interested in that at all.

Duncan used to play huge minutes earlier in his career, tbh..it was so long ago that most people seem to have forgotten..

Tim got his numbers and accolades early in his career, he never missed out on those opportunities..

NBA stars aren't going to accept playing less minutes and accumulating less numbers in the prime of their careers..Pop is so out of touch, in this regard..

DPG21920
01-22-2018, 12:38 PM
I'm pretty sure Kawhi is acting just fine within the locker room.

You are either being purposely obtuse or I cannot walk you to the point of what I’m saying.

apalisoc_9
01-22-2018, 12:39 PM
Where are the PATFO suckers now? :lmao..

Pop pop amd RC..System :cry

DPG21920
01-22-2018, 12:39 PM
Duncan used to play huge minutes earlier in his career, tbh..it was so long ago that most people seem to have forgotten..

Tim got his numbers and accolades early in his career, he never missed out on those opportunities..

NBA stars aren't going to accept playing less minutes and accumulating less numbers in the prime of their careers..Pop is so out of touch, in this regard..

Kawhi is getting plenty of accolades. Already has a title. Finals MVP. DPOY. He’s not missing out on anything. He’s just more brittle early on than Tim was.

Emperor
01-22-2018, 12:40 PM
Real talk, would now be the time to try to trade him for Bradley Beal? I've read that the Wizards are kinda going through some sort of drama also.

spursistan
01-22-2018, 12:43 PM
Real talk, would now be the time to try to trade him for Bradley Beal? I've read that the Wizards are kinda going through some sort of drama also.

Meh..Need at least a top 3 pick in the package..This team would be about to blow shit up if they trade Kawhi..

phxspurfan
01-22-2018, 12:43 PM
Makes sense. People are human. And disappointed.

apalisoc_9
01-22-2018, 12:44 PM
Kawhi is getting plenty of accolades. Already has a title. Finals MVP. DPOY. He’s not missing out on anything. He’s just more brittle early on than Tim was.

He is missing out on numbers.

Om sure he thinks had he played as much minutes as the other guys in his two year run he would have increased bis chances in all other years.

Its the fact that you never get credited in this team plus the shit he is surrounded with and the Suns level medical managament this year that finally got the word out.

But its incredibly stupid to think superstars would give up minutes and playing time.

davidbowie
THIS IS THE END.....:hang

r0drig0lac

maybe a 3-way with Ariza and Beal going to SA like some idiots in ST wished, with Kawhi going to Houston and a few picks for Wizards

Leetonidas
01-22-2018, 12:46 PM
I keep telling you guys Kawhi will walk... He has every reason to. Look at the bullshit the Spurs have built around him? What other elite superstar (Curry, Harden, LeBron) has had this bad of a team? The early Cavs (2007 Finals era) had a bullshit team outside of LeBron and he walked away, much like Kawhi will do.

Idk the Cavs are pretty shitty and LeBron has been playing all year. At least the spurs play D

phxspurfan
01-22-2018, 12:46 PM
Meh..Need at least a top 3 pick in the package..This team would be about to blow shit up if they trade Kawhi..

what makes you think we aren't about to blow shit up? We have a few tradeable assets that can fetch quite a bit right now. And, barring a huge uptick in play and sudden change of team identity, small prospects of getting past the second round of the playoffs.

HarlemHeat37
01-22-2018, 12:47 PM

A title and FMVP as the #4 option aren't what superstars thrive for:lol

Pop's "rest management" hasn't proven to be effective, these injuries are mostly uncontrollable..his plans didn't stop injuries in 2015, 2017 or 2018 and his minutes allocation arguably lost SA the 2016 semis, as well IMO..he's as extreme as Thibs..

Ice009
01-22-2018, 12:47 PM

Oh, I know Tim played big minutes. I was looking at some of the minutes he played against the Lakers in the 2002 playoff series that someone brought up here not too long ago. I already knew it, but if was interesting to see the actual numbers. I was telling people that Tim played big minutes up until around 2007 or so before seeing those numbers as I was just going off of what I remembered. His minutes were going down before 2007 and 2008 due to injuries, but he mostly played big minutes when he was in his prime and healthy.

Pop needs to wake up. Star players don't want this minutes management shit in their prime.

A title and FMVP as the #4 option aren't what superstars thrive for:lol

Pop's "rest management" hasn't proven to be effective, these injuries are mostly uncontrollable..his plans didn't stop injuries in 2015, 2017 or 2018 and his minutes allocation arguably lost SA the 2016 semis, as well IMO..he's as extreme as Thibs..

Man, I really do believe the minutes management absolutely killed the Spurs in the 2016 WCSFs. OKC went on game breaking runs when he was resting players and they were still playing Durant or Westbrook when Kawhi was sitting on the bench.

Darius Bieber
01-22-2018, 12:48 PM
Idk the Cavs are pretty shitty and LeBron has been playing all year. At least the spurs play D

And we've heard PLENTY of rumors of LeBron leaving, tensions with the coach, Cavs trading before the deadline, etc... They still are a lock for the finals pretty much, as the east hasn't been able to compete with them at the playoff level. That cannot be said at all for the Spurs though.

The Spurs' unwillingness to change (Eg, not making trades before the deadline) will define Kawhi's leaving the team.

dbreiden83080
01-22-2018, 12:49 PM

I will say I don't think he is as tough as Tim. Tim played with bad pain in his knee for years. He had 2 messed up ankles going into the 2005 playoffs..

BillMc
This thread has "Jimmer" potential in terms of number of posts.

DAF86
You are either being purposely obtuse or I cannot walk you to the point of what I’m saying.

What do you think Kawhi is doing differently than Duncan in the locker room? Do you see Kawhi being vocal about his discomfort and contaminating the environment? I don't.

LkrFan
Lets give them Caruso too bruh:lol

Nah bruh - give them Ennis :lol

objective
A missed diagnosis wouldn't be surprising, it happens.

It happened with Mahinmi and it cost him a season. Except that he was treated like he was soft or weak despite the fact that there was something wrong in his leg. Then Pop treated him like garbage and refused to give him an honest chance, leading many of the more foolish posters to think he couldn't play.

And with Kawhi you get weird Pop quotes, in the vein of, "Gee, we've NEVER seem this before, everyone else recovers just fine. Wow."

Kawhi needs to go get second and third opinions on his indefinite leave.

SpursforSix
01-22-2018, 12:50 PM
I said franchise, not roster, losing Kawhi that way would be unbelievable for the acclaimed front office Spurs, it's simple to understand

you can't separate a franchise from it's roster. The early 90's were terrible from a franchise standpoint. The coaching, the players, the Alamo Dome.

baseline bum
01-22-2018, 12:51 PM

No way. If Kawhi walks you just tank. No reason to make the odds of the tank 100% by trading him for 30 cents on the dollar.

BG_Spurs_Fan
Same usual suspects coming out of the woodwork and having a field day when presented with the chance to shit on the Spurs per par :lol

spursistan
He is missing out on numbers.

Om sure he thinks had he played as much minutes as the other guys in his two year run he would have increased bis chances in all other years.

Its the fact that you never get credited in this team plus the shit he is surrounded with and the Suns level medical managament this year that finally got the word out.

But its incredibly stupid to think superstars would give up minutes and playing time.

Playing him like 15 MPG in the last week of the season to take his PPG from 27 to 25 was the most embarrassing thing I have seen a coach do to his MVP candidate player..

BillMc
01-22-2018, 12:53 PM
Hey ESPN just reported the Patriots have turmoil in the locker room between star, coach and ownership too. Look how it turned out for them. :lol

Emperor
01-22-2018, 12:56 PM
Hey ESPN just reported the Patriots have turmoil in the locker room between star, coach and ownership too. Look how it turned out for them. :lol

Only difference is that Kawhi's injury is more serious than Tom Brady's :(

spursistan
01-22-2018, 12:58 PM
Yall gonna keep wearing those pink glasses, I see? :lol

phxspurfan
01-22-2018, 12:59 PM
No way. If Kawhi walks you just tank. No reason to make the odds of the tank 100% by trading him for 30 cents on the dollar.

he would fetch way more than 30 cents. You can easily get a big star from another team that is also going through rough times. I'd bet if we called Memphis and asked for Gasol + Conley, or if we called Portland and asked for Lillard and McCollum , they would scoff but then be interested.

DPG21920
01-22-2018, 01:01 PM
What do you think Kawhi is doing differently than Duncan in the locker room? Do you see Kawhi being vocal about his discomfort and contaminating the environment? I don't.

Sigh. Locker room is not just about literally inside the locker room. It’s about voicing displeasure publicly, letting stories like this get out and how you interact with management behind closed doors.

TheGreatYacht
01-22-2018, 01:01 PM
Fucking bold me, spursistan (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=49560) TimDunkem (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=16114) TheDoctor (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=49616) apalisoc_9 and many others that called this.

Like clockwork. He's been LA bound ever since this pathetic roster was formed

Dre_7
01-22-2018, 01:02 PM
Very little info given. If the injury is the only "rfit" then I would imagine once he gets healthy things will be able to be repaired. But again, there is very little substance to the article.

DPG21920
01-22-2018, 01:03 PM
Woj doing a hit piece since SA doesn’t give him any scoops. He can’t get in so he’s helping his sources by trying to create a rift.

apalisoc_9
Playing him like 15 MPG in the last week of the season to take his PPG from 27 to 25 was the most embarrassing thing I have seen a coach do to his MVP candidate player..

This. Its beyond stupid.

phxspurfan
He's been LA bound ever since this pathetic roster was formed

TBH I don't completely disagree with this. No start likes having shitty teammates and no real prospect of winning (Melo aside).

objective
Been saying it since July when PATFO thought reupping old, one-dimensional players and putting them around an already injured Kawhi to carry yet again would sour things between them.

Now, not only that, but PATFO has completely botched his quad diagnosis and rehab. Jesus Christ. This organization doesn't deserve Kawhi. :lmao

These things are true. Bad signings are something Kawhi can see for himself.

Other teams should have better looking rosters that could offer him a lot of money.

In summer 2019:

Spurs will nothing but old whiny Aldridge, incredibly overpaid Mills, and a stretched Gasol contract eating up cap, and Murray and White.

Danny Green might leave this summer, or become overpaid and aging.

They let Simmons walk for nothing.

They let Dedmon walk for nothing.

They signed the worst rim protector in NBA history with Joffrey. Instead of just drafting Bell.

Anderson will be gone, no big crime there.

Gay will be an old washed up free agent.

And there is no cap room to improve in summer 2018 because of the Mills and Gasol abominations.

Furthermore, with Kawhi uncertainty, they probably don't trade away future picks now. Why trade an 18 and 20 for Kemba Walker if both Kawhi and Kemba are free agents together. If Kawhi bolts, Kemba isn't staying, and now you're out a pick in the first year of a rebuild.

baseline bum
01-22-2018, 01:04 PM
he would fetch way more than 30 cents. You can easily get a big star from another team that is also going through rough times. I'd bet if we called Memphis and asked for Gasol + Conley, or if we called Portland and asked for Lillard and McCollum , they would scoff but then be interested.

Gasol and Conley is 30 cents on the dollar for Leonard when considering Conley is having his own lost season while also on an enormous contract. I'll pass on a high volume chucker like Lollard.

BillMc
01-22-2018, 01:04 PM
Woj doing a hit piece since SA doesn’t give him any scoops. He can’t get in so he’s helping his sources by trying to create a rift.

Yeah, its kind of an un-woj-ish thing to do isn't it? Weird.

phxspurfan
01-22-2018, 01:05 PM
Gasol and Conley is 30 cents on the dollar for Leonard when considering Conley is having his own lost season while also on an enormous contract. I'll pass on a high volume chucker like Lollard.

Definitely not equivalent but you have to discount the injury and systemic nature of it. Teams aren't going to give full value unless they're the Minnesota Front Office

DAF86
01-22-2018, 01:09 PM
Sigh. Locker room is not just about literally inside the locker room. It’s about voicing displeasure publicly, letting stories like this get out and how you interact with management behind closed doors.

Well, Duncan had those moments too when he was about to move to Orlando. Just imagine the amount of stories that would have been leaked with today's social media.

spursistan
The mere fact that this shit has gotten out to the national media tells you that the rift is real and that PATFO have lost their grip somewhere..

baseline bum
Definitely not equivalent but you have to discount the injury and systemic nature of it. Teams aren't going to give full value unless they're the Minnesota Front Office

Well yeah you never get full value trading an MVP candidate. Which is why you don't trade them. I'd only trade Kawhi if he went to the front office and told them he was going to walk in the year of his impending free agency. So if he says he's gone in January 2019 and there is no talking him out of it, then I'll trade him for 30 cents on the dollar.

phxspurfan
BTW Lollard and Kyrie Irving are essentially the same player. It's just one has a super cool invisible watch he points to on his arm and the other has better And-1 mixtape moves with the basketball

Leetonidas
Knicks ponied up half their team for shitty Carmelo Anthony. I'm sure some other idiot would throw half his team for then chance to get a player like Leonard. This is a league where guys like Mozgov, Noah, and Deng are making 17+ million to do nothing. Plenty of GMs out there would pony up for Kawhi imo

phxspurfan
01-22-2018, 01:11 PM
Well yeah you never get full value trading an MVP candidate. Which is why you don't trade them. I'd only trade Kawhi if he went to the front office and told them he was going to walk in the year of his impending free agency. So if he says he's gone in January 2019 and there is no talking him out of it, then I'll trade him for 30 cents on the dollar.

Dude he's totally going to LA. We could lose him for nothing. Also if we trade him now we don't have to give a steeper "rental" discount. If we wait the best we could get back is a package of guys like Oladipo/Sabonis like the Pacers got for Paul George.

baseline bum
01-22-2018, 01:11 PM
BTW Lollard and Kyrie Irving are essentially the same player. It's just one has a super cool invisible watch he points to on his arm and the other has better And-1 mixtape moves with the basketball

Not really. Lollard is a low percentage chucker, while Irving is a pretty efficient scorer and big game player. But I wouldn't trade Kawhi for Irving either unless it's January 2019 and Kawhi tells the front office he's leaving in July.

duncan2k5
01-22-2018, 01:13 PM
funny how a shit poster like me always seems to get stuff right...i predicted about Parker...then i said Kawhi isnt digging the way Pop is dealing with his injury and playing time...ppl on here lambasted me saying that Pop knows what he is doing...ive been TELLING you Kawhi doesnt like Pop's way...combine that with a fanbase that doesnt appreciate him, and a front office that is surrounding him with senile players, mark my words...he is GONE after next year unless we do something drastic to change his surroundings

phxspurfan
01-22-2018, 01:14 PM
Not really. Lollard is a low percentage chucker, while Irving is a pretty efficient scorer and big game player. But I wouldn't trade Kawhi for Irving either unless it's January 2019 and Kawhi tells the front office he's leaving in July.

Totally agree if both players are in a bubble.

But come 2019, once Kawhi tells the FO he's leaving that shit goes public and the other GMs smell blood. Then you don't even get Irving, you get IT and a pick.

baseline bum
01-22-2018, 01:15 PM
Dude he's totally going to LA. We could lose him for nothing. Also if we trade him now we don't have to give a steeper "rental" discount. If we wait the best we could get back is a package of guys like Oladipo/Sabonis like the Pacers got for Paul George.

I'd rather take the chance of losing him for nothing than remove all doubt and trade him for far inferior talent that'll push the team into the same lottery they'd be in if he just walked outright.

apalisoc_9
01-22-2018, 01:15 PM
funny how a shit poster like me always seems to get stuff right...i predicted about Parker...then i said Kawhi isnt digging the way Pop is dealing with his injury and playing time...ppl on here lambasted me saying that Pop knows what he is doing...ive been TELLING you Kawhi doesnt like Pop's way...combine that with a fanbase that doesnt appreciate him, and a front office that is surrounding him with senile players, mark my words...he is GONE after next year unless we do something drastic to change his surroundings

Boom.

The truth is Pink Glassess fans are dumb who cant think for themselves.

dabom
01-22-2018, 01:17 PM
"Chilling". :lmao

ESPN. :lol

TheGreatYacht
01-22-2018, 01:17 PM
Woj is never wrong son. We can deny all the drama we want. He called the Aldridge trade request and his protege', Shams, called the Kyrie trade.

This isn't imaginary land. Anyone could see how a generational talent can be unhappy by the shit roster constructed and how Poop purposely shits on his PPG to keep the 'system' myth alive

baseline bum
01-22-2018, 01:18 PM
Totally agree if both players are in a bubble.

But come 2019, once Kawhi tells the FO he's leaving that shit goes public and the other GMs smell blood. Then you don't even get Irving, you get IT and a pick.

You think other GMs won't be smelling blood the first time RC includes Leonard in a call?

phxspurfan
01-22-2018, 01:18 PM
You think other GMs won't be smelling blood the first time RC includes Leonard in a call?

Yup thats why they dont get close to full value even this year. But thats how trading an MVP goes. That is unless he comes back fully healthy next year and we showcase him a la LMA

DJR210
01-22-2018, 01:19 PM
Fake news. This organization was tailored to get along and respect one another. That includes management.

Bill_Brasky
01-22-2018, 01:19 PM
Same outlet that reported the tension/egos in the Pats locker room. Sure turned out shitty for them.

phxspurfan
01-22-2018, 01:20 PM
Same outlet that reported the tension/egos in the Pats locker room. Sure turned put shitty for them.

TBH as a fair weather 9ers fan I'm sure glad Tommy did ultimatum them :lol Jimmy G for free!

RiverwalkParade
01-22-2018, 01:20 PM
Without Kawhi we have done quite well. The roster without him is in need of a penetrating PG and a reliable playmaker off the bench. Where can we get those two pieces on reasonable contracts? If that is out there, then it is something to consider. If not, you hang on to him.

Bill_Brasky
01-22-2018, 01:21 PM
TBH as a fair weather 9ers fan I'm sure glad Tommy did ultimatum them :lol Jimmy G for free!

Crazy that they let the guy go for that cheap. Such a dumb trade.

baseline bum
01-22-2018, 01:23 PM
Yup thats why they dont get close to full value even this year. But thats how trading an MVP goes. That is unless he comes back fully healthy next year and we showcase him a la LMA

You're acting like he's Paul George who was 100% gone. There is no reason to think that yet. I don't trade Kawhi unless he tells me 100% he's gone in a few months. Losing an MVP level player will set the team back a decade and getting a quarter and a dime in exchange isn't going to stop the Spurs from becoming a crap lotto team.

Ice009
01-22-2018, 01:23 PM
Crazy that they let the guy go for that cheap. Such a dumb trade.

Care to elaborate? I haven't had time to watch any NFL football this season since week 3 or 4. What was the tension about in the Patriots locker room and how did they resolve it?

Clipper Nation
01-22-2018, 01:24 PM
Can't wait for the Kawhi era to begin in LA, tbh. He'll be a great Clipper.

TheGreatYacht
01-22-2018, 01:25 PM
Without Kawhi we have done quite well. The roster without him is in need of a penetrating PG and a reliable playmaker off the bench. Where can we get those two pieces on reasonable contracts? If that is out there, then it is something to consider. If not, you hang on to him.
:lmao product of the schedule buddy. Team has a losing record against above .500 teams, and they're getting so bad that they're now losing to the Hawks, Lakers, and Pacers

Atl Spur

You’re joking ..............right?

phxspurfan

:lol maybe u guys can rent our 2014 banner so your selfies don't look so lonely

SuperCam
01-22-2018, 01:26 PM
Kiwi practices with these old and slow culture faggots that Drunkford and Poop have been spending all the capspace on. he knows they are going nowhere with them weighing down the roster while all the other teams load up on all stars. why bother risking reinjury when PATFO won't help you and only makes roster decisions on the basis of feeding the coach's enormous ego?

Bill_Brasky
01-22-2018, 01:27 PM
Care to elaborate? I haven't had time to watch any NFL football this season since week 3 or 4. What was the tension about in the Patriots locker room and how did they resolve it?

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=271786

Pretty much typical sensational journalism from ESPN that blew everything out of proportion. Yes, the egos probably clash quite a bit with Brady/Belichick, and i do think that Kraft forced Bill to trade Jimmy G, but i think everyone there understands it's just business.

TheGreatYacht
01-22-2018, 01:27 PM
Losing an MVP level player will set the team back a decade and getting a quarter and a dime in exchange isn't going to stop the Spurs from becoming a crap lotto team.
Sadly, maxing out a fat unhappy selfish diva for the next 5 years, and a fat midget as well as a dying llama for $100M/4yrs already did that.

Worst part hasn't even happened yet. Danny G-League, Fathead, and HOTS are upcoming free agents :lol

apalisoc_9
01-22-2018, 01:28 PM

I know we have our differences, but congrats bro. Heard his family bought a new house in Cali too.

phxspurfan
01-22-2018, 01:28 PM

in a nutshell

Jimmy G is a cant-miss QB prospect who has done nothing but win (and show real passing/playmaking skills) in his few chances. Tommy has stated he wants to play til hes 45. Tommy has owner Kraft on his side (probably because the former has made the latter so much money on the value of the franchise). Coach wants to ensure the future by keeping Jimmy G, especially considering Tommy has shown signs his body/skills may fall off a cliff soon. But Coach was railroaded into trading the future away for pennies on the dollar.

phxspurfan
01-22-2018, 01:29 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=271786

Pretty much typical sensational journalism from ESPN that blew everything out of proportion. Yes, the egos probably clash quite a bit with Brady/Belichick, and i do think that Kraft forced Bill to trade Jimmy G, but i think everyone there understands it's just business.

I don't think it was Just Business. They had the bird in hand and let him go for nothing. It would be like the Sixers trading away Ben Simmons for a random first round pick because they had Andre Miller and were going to the playoffs.

r0drig0lac
01-22-2018, 01:30 PM

if "done quite well" you mean "we have a team with a lot of weaknesses that will be fully exploited by good teams which shows a serious failure of PATFO and a deceptive record " you're right

Bill_Brasky
01-22-2018, 01:31 PM
I don't think it was Just Business. They had the bird in hand and let him go for nothing. It would be like the Sixers trading away Ben Simmons for a random first round pick because they had Andre Miller and were going to the playoffs.

:lol well let's slow down there, Andre Miller is not in any way comparable to TB12, tbh.....I believe Bill may have traded Brady if it was his decision, but it wasn't so he traded Jimmy G for jack shit to show his displeasure....

Floyd Pacquiao
01-22-2018, 01:31 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Pop quits this summer. He's always quit when the going gets tough.

SuperCam
01-22-2018, 01:32 PM
Fucking bold me, spursistan (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=49560) TimDunkem (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=16114) TheDoctor (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=49616) apalisoc_9 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=11260) and many others that called this.

Like clockwork. He's been LA bound ever since this pathetic roster was formed

Poop's ego is out of control and killing the team. getting rid of talented ballers like Dedmon and Simmons because they won't get over themselves i.e kiss his ass and not give all the credit to him and instead keeping only washed up scrubs because they are grateful to get any contract in the league. Kiwi knows and resents this no doubt since he more than anyone knows the talent difference.

Bill_Brasky
01-22-2018, 01:33 PM
Poop's ego is out of control and killing the team. getting rid of talented ballers like Dedmon and Simmons because they won't get over themselves i.e kiss his ass and not give all the credit to him and instead keeping only washed up scrubs because they are grateful to get any contract in the league. Kiwi knows and resents this no doubt since he more than anyone knows the talent difference.

How are Dedmon and Simmons doing this year?

Ice009
01-22-2018, 01:33 PM
I know we have our differences, but congrats bro. Heard his family bought a new house in Cali too.

I read on his sister's Instagram page (the one she made for Kawhi as sort of an official fan page) where she mentioned she moved back to California. Have any of his other family members moved back?

TheGreatYacht
01-22-2018, 01:35 PM
To be fair, who would've thought 'culture' didn't go out there and actually win games? :lol

Hey did you know NASA just discovered 10 planets the other day?

SuperCam
01-22-2018, 01:35 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Pop quits this summer. He's always quit when the going gets tough.

He will quit because he doesn't want the sports world to know that Tim/Tony/Manu carried him for 20 years, and now Kiwi/LMA. he knows he will be exposed without mvp level talent on the team and the narrative of his coaching being the most important cog in the championships will be shown a sham. that's his biggest fear.

LkrFan
01-22-2018, 01:37 PM
:lol maybe u guys can rent our 2014 banner so your selfies don't look so lonely

:lmao

bklynspursfan
01-22-2018, 01:37 PM

examples?

TheGreatYacht
01-22-2018, 01:38 PM
He will quit because he doesn't want the sports world to know that Tim/Tony/Manu carried him for 20 years, and now Kiwi/LMA. he knows he will be exposed without mvp level talent on the team and the narrative of his coaching being the most important cog in the championships will be shown a sham. that's his biggest fear.
Truth bomb. This is now a handful of players that have publicly voiced their frustration with him. He can keep pandering to the media by attacking trump, but it's only a matter of time before his overratedness becomes a topic. He'll be gone before that happens

bklynspursfan
01-22-2018, 01:40 PM

Ice009
01-22-2018, 01:40 PM

Thanks. That sounds bad if they had to give up a young prospect for nothing. I can't imagine Belichick being happy with that.

duncan2k5
01-22-2018, 01:41 PM
examples?

pulling starters very early in the 4th in winnable games

apalisoc_9
SA medical stuff :lmao

Robz4000

baseline bum
01-22-2018, 01:43 PM

TSpence would be a better source tbh

rjv
01-22-2018, 01:45 PM
leonard then, allegedly, has the same dysfunctional relationship with the spurs that most of ST posters do.

TheGreatYacht
Does this fat lard have proof to back this up?

Typical local SA "insider" beaten to the scoop by real reporters

Ice009

Alright then. Wow, it seems like the Spurs fucked up, and we now have confirmation the injury was from last season and didn't just happen during this off-season, or is Don Harris not worth trusting? I always thought their trainers and medical staff weren't that great.

cjw
01-22-2018, 01:47 PM
:lmao product of the schedule buddy. Team has a losing record against above .500 teams, and they're getting so bad that they're now losing to the Hawks, Lakers, and Pacers

Theyre 7th in the league by SRS, which takes into account schedule strength and margin of victory. Not bad really. GS/Hou/Tor are top three with Bos/OKC/Min in a cluster above the Spurs and Phi/Was/Ind just behind.

Third easiest schedule but still fifth best record in the league. Still squarely on pace for playoffs without Kawhi.

sasaint
01-22-2018, 01:48 PM
Fake news. This organization was tailored to get along and respect one another. That includes management.

Same outlet that reported the tension/egos in the Pats locker room. Sure turned out shitty for them.

I hope you guys are reading the tea leaves correctly. Kawhi is such a sphinx it is impossible to read him. Coupled with the fact that he never plays the media game like LeBron et al, and the situation makes me nervous.

Dre_7
Alright then. Wow, it seems like the Spurs fucked up, and we now have confirmation the injury was from last season and didn't just happen during this off-season, or is Don Harris not worth trusting? I always thought their trainers and medical staff weren't that great.

Kawhi himself said it wasn't an injury from last year.

Robz4000

They used to be, but a lot of the better trainers have been poached by other teams over the past few years. Started noticing the downward spiral during Tim's last year. Who knows? Maybe if they stayed up to snuff Timmy would still be playing.

TheGreatYacht
01-22-2018, 01:49 PM
Theyre 7th in the league by SRS, which takes into account schedule strength and margin of victory. Not bad really. GS/Hou/Tor are top three with Bos/OKC/Min in a cluster above the Spurs and Phi/Was/Ind just behind.

Third easiest schedule but still fifth best record in the league. Still squarely on pace for playoffs without Kawhi.
I mean, making the playoffs in the West isn't really impressive. The 6-8 seeds are absolutely pathetic.

25-21 Blazers
24-21 Pelicans
23-22 Clippers

Yuck.

bklynspursfan

I mean idk. It sounds like they screwed up in this scenario. I don't know enough honestly to know how they misdiagnosed it and/or how hard it is to differentiate between the 2. But their trainers have been pretty good, I mean with all the old heads we get on the team, overall we've been pretty fortunate in terms of injuries. We've had a few come here and there, but nothing like other teams/players go through.

cjw
Sorry to double post, but wonder how much of this is fishing without there being named sources like the Brady/Belichick/Kraft story. Though generally do trust Woj/Lowe more than other writers to back it up.

Heck, less reputable writers were right about the Aldridge thing.

If there’s an issue with doctors/training staff, PATFO should fire them and bring in a new staff vs. pissing off your franchise cornerstone. Lebron has gotten coaches fired, so Kawhi should be able to do the same with medical.

JFK
Sadly, maxing out a fat unhappy selfish diva for the next 5 years, and a fat midget as well as a dying llama for $100M/4yrs already did that.

Worst part hasn't even happened yet. Danny G-League, Fathead, and HOTS are upcoming free agents :lol

This is exactly what is going to happen. These are going to be your big 2018 off season signings here and like the Mills signing, this will go down at 12:01 a.m.

This team, coach, and front office should be held accountable for some of the questionable moves they make. They should not be beyond criticism.

Also, lol at the people thinking this is a 'hit piece' or something of that sort. It should be alarming that stuff like this usually never gets out for this organization and this is a case of 'where there is smoke there is fire". Something is going on.

TheGreatYacht
01-22-2018, 01:52 PM
This is exactly what is going to happen. These are going to be your big 2018 off season signings here and like the Mills signing, this will go down at 12:01 a.m.

This team, coach, and front office should be held accountable for some of the questionable moves they make. They should not be beyond criticism.

Also, lol at the people thinking this is a 'hit piece' or something of that sort. It should be alarming that stuff like this usually never gets out for this organization and this is a case of 'where there is smoke there is fire". Something is going on.
Truth bomb.

The same PATFO fluffers calling this a 'hit piece' went woman beating mode on that one ESPN chick that first reported the Aldridge trade rumors

peacemaker885
01-22-2018, 01:53 PM
This. They are trying to save his career.

First thought it was PATFO. Apparently its KL keeping PATFO in the dark. BS.

LakerHater
01-22-2018, 01:54 PM
Fire Coach Pop & R.C. Buford!!

dabom
01-22-2018, 01:56 PM
Kawhi himself said it wasn't an injury from last year.

bklynspursfan
01-22-2018, 01:57 PM
Fire Coach Pop & R.C. Buford!!

JFK
01-22-2018, 01:58 PM
Truth bomb.

The same PATFO fluffers calling this a 'hit piece' went woman beating mode on that one ESPN chick that first reported the Aldridge trade rumors

Exactly. Jackie MacMullen is as credible as anyone in the business and people went at her around here like she’s some hack like Chris Broussard.

This front office confirmed what she was reporting. They lie, hide information, and many people feel they’re beyond criticism. Nonsense. Pop isn’t Jesus. They made some bad moves. I don’t blame Kawhi if he’s pissed.

JuneJive
01-22-2018, 02:01 PM
In this day in age, why aren't there any reporters asking the right goddamn questions?

Is Kawhi living in a cave? What the fuck?

I'm sure there are tens of thousands of people interested in this.

Could be just frustration with his inability to get on the court, but some direct interaction is needed.

sasaint
01-22-2018, 02:02 PM

I really wouldn't mind rooting for an also-ran that struggles to make the playoffs as long as they play hard and provide some excitement. But the Spurs really don't play a very exciting brand of ball anymore. And some guys don't seem to play as hard as I would like. Then, there's the PR angle. With Kawhi on the shelf, Parker injured and Manu playing short minutes every other game or so, the Spurs have no real "face". Even when Kawhi is healthy, he hardly has the personality to embrace that role. And LMA isn't really up to it. Patty has the personality, but he is such a scrub at this point that he can't really be the "face" either. If they lost Kawhi without getting a good return, then the franchise would be in trouble.

TheDoctor
01-22-2018, 02:02 PM
Fucking bold me, spursistan (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=49560) TimDunkem (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=16114) TheDoctor (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=49616) apalisoc_9 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=11260) and many others that called this.

Like clockwork....

TBFH.

I really don’t understand why some posters are mad at Kawhi for letting his mind speak tbh. I can easily identify who are Republicans in favor of gag laws implementation and practice.

Dre_7
01-22-2018, 02:03 PM
Exactly. Jackie MacMullen is as credible as anyone in the business and people went at her around here like she’s some hack like Chris Broussard.

This front office confirmed what she was reporting. They lie, hide information, and many people feel they’re beyond criticism. Nonsense. Pop isn’t Jesus. They made some bad moves. I don’t blame Kawhi if he’s pissed.

But they are not saying there is a rift because of moves that were made. They are saying there is a rift due to the handling of his injury. All this talk about him being mad at moves that were made is just talk.

Amuseddaysleeper
01-22-2018, 02:04 PM

LOL maybe the first month or two of the season but the team lately has been playing like a bottom 5 team in the league. If Spurs end up losing Kawhi they should dump Aldridge as well and full on tank. Time for a new direction. No point battling as a 4th or 5th seed for years to come.

JFK
01-22-2018, 02:06 PM
But they are not saying there is a rift because of moves that were made. They are saying there is a rift due to the handling of his injury. All this talk about him being mad at moves that were made is just talk.

Oh no, I'm not saying that is the reason Kawhi is mad. May not be mad at the moves at all, and in fact I believe he is consulted on moves and is on board with them. That is just my opinion.

I do believe something is not right between Leonard and the front office. I know the guy is a competitor and is pissed he can't go out there and play. The NBA is trash now and as bad as the Spurs have been, compared to previous versions, they are still around the top in the conference.

bklynspursfan
01-22-2018, 02:06 PM

Yup. Has absolutely nothing to do with the roster construction re: Kawhi.

illusioNtEk
01-22-2018, 02:08 PM
trade now or loose him for nothing... ship patty and gasol with him and we have a great start to rebuild.

Let's not blame Pop or RC on this you guys... Patty not playing like he used to. Last year he is worth 13 mill a year but now not even worth it...

A lot of young talent coming into the league... let's rebuild!!

DPG21920

Dude. Look, if SA wanted to trade Kawhi they would get a ton. The other teams would have no leverage. The leverage would be SA saying to them: “Oh you want to d*ck around and try to low ball me? Cool, no Kawhi Leonard for you and good luck on selling your fanbase that you had a chance at a top 5 player and lost out because you tried to get cute because believe me we will make sure that the report gets out. In addition to that, I have 28 other teams on the line so I will be sure to trade him to your biggest competitor and ensure you never have a shot at winning as well”.

JFK
In this day in age, why aren't there any reporters asking the right goddamn questions?

Is Kawhi living in a cave? What the fuck?

I'm sure there are tens of thousands of people interested in this.

Could be just frustration with his inability to get on the court, but some direct interaction is needed.

the San Antonio press and the beat writers for the Spurs here are scared of Popovich and the organization. You don't go into the Corleone compound and make demands of the godfather. He will kill you and your family.

The local press is a joke and will never hold this team accountable or question them over anything they do. That is both TV and print. However, I have heard some radio guys criticize them, but oh look...they get taken off the air after.

dbreiden83080
01-22-2018, 02:10 PM

Still if the injury is from last year it is insane it did not heal up this off-season. I have not even really heard of this type of thing before. You have 4 months off, you get healthy. Nobody comes into training camp with an injury and no real explanation as to WTH happened other than

"Wear and Tear"

Hoops Czar
01-22-2018, 02:13 PM
Still if the injury is from last year it is insane it did not heal up this off-season. I have not even really heard of this type of thing before. You have 4 months off, you get healthy. Nobody comes into training camp with an injury and no real explanation as to WTH happened other than

"Wear and Tear"

Tendonopathy is chronic snd sometimes degenerative. Those types of injuries don't tend to heal.

dbreiden83080
01-22-2018, 02:15 PM
Dude. Look, if SA wanted to trade Kawhi they would get a ton. The other teams would have no leverage. The leverage would be SA saying to them: “Oh you want to d*ck around and try to low ball me? Cool, no Kawhi Leonard for you and good luck on selling your fanbase that you had a chance at a top 5 player and lost out because you tried to get cute because believe me we will make sure that the report gets out. In addition to that, I have 28 other teams on the line so I will be sure to trade him to your biggest competitor and ensure you never have a shot at winning as well”.

They would get very little right now actually.. The word is obviously out that he is highly injury prone. It is all on him next year to log the minutes and play at the level he did last year. No GM would mortgage picks and good starters on a guy that may not even play 15 games this year..

dbreiden83080
Tendonopathy is chronic snd sometimes degenerative. Those types of injuries don't tend to heal.

Docs were saying it should heal up.. Not yet anyway..

DPG21920
I would not want to be Michael Wright :lol

That dude is about to come up missing. Pop and RC are not about that loose lips life. Consider his access revoked.

vy65
01-22-2018, 02:17 PM
Is there a bigger repudiation of :cry culture :cry than your star player having a reported "chilling relationship" with the front office? Isn't that the exact sort of thing :cry culture :cry is supposed to prevent from happening?

bklynspursfan
01-22-2018, 02:20 PM
I would not want to be Michael Wright :lol

That dude is about to come up missing. Pop and RC are not about that loose lips life. Consider his access revoked.

:lol He hasn't tweeted yet today

ElNono
01-22-2018, 02:22 PM
Stories like these don't come out unless one or the other side want it to come out, tbh...

Obviously, it takes somebody the size of Woj to shine a light on it. Meanwhile, Jeff McDonald is interviewing the Coyote in the Spurs' youth camp.

Amuseddaysleeper
Jalen Rose on his podcast:

Jalen says something like “don’t believe the news, Kawhi is staying with the Spurs.”

Jalen says “Do not believe the rumors that he’s not happy in San Antonio, he’s not sitting out to prove a point. The gentleman is really injured.”

DPG21920
We will know a lot more this Summer. If Kawhi doesn’t sign the extension it will be time to panic.

baseline bum
01-22-2018, 02:23 PM

If by ton you mean they'd get a ton of halfway decent players then yes. If you mean getting any real talent, good luck with that. Leonard can walk anywhere he wants in 2019 so unless you trade him to his desired destination everyone is going to be afraid of offering too much for a rental.

DPG21920
01-22-2018, 02:25 PM
Stories like these don't come out unless one or the other side want it to come out, tbh...

Obviously, it takes somebody the size of Woj to shine a light on it. Meanwhile, Jeff McDonald is interviewing the Coyote in the Spurs' youth camp.

For sure, but there can be a multitude of reasons why these stories leak. Sometimes (think Lavar Ball vs Lonzo) the source has an agenda that is not the same as the player even though that person may be close to the person.

I think it’s a combo of Kawhi having nothing else in life besides basketball and he’s not playing so he’s going crazy. I also think some of this could be angling for the SuperMax and letting everyone know that Kawhi won’t be taking less due to his injury history.

Who knows. More to come I’m sure. But when Kawhi signs his extension fans will crawl back into their caves until they can bash SA again.

That does not mean there is not legit friction; but like I’ve tried to explain it’s normal. Every franchise deals with this. SA and us as fans have been shielded from the “real world” due to Tim.

DPG21920
01-22-2018, 02:26 PM
If by ton you mean they'd get a ton of halfway decent players then yes. If you mean getting any real talent, good luck with that. Leonard can walk anywhere he wants in 2019 so unless you trade him to his desired destination everyone is going to be afraid of offering too much for a rental.

They would get real talent. Because he’s under contract for another year after this one and the teams that would really want him don’t have the cap space to sign him if he hits FA without a ton of mortgaging.

baseline bum
01-22-2018, 02:29 PM
I also think some of this could be angling for the SuperMax and letting everyone know that Kawhi won’t be taking less due to his injury history.

I hope that's what this is. A player like Kawhi doesn't come around often, so the Spurs are going to have to offer supermax unless he misses next season too.

DPG21920
01-22-2018, 02:32 PM
I wonder if this is starting to wear on Pop. He’s old and been around and now with Tim gone will he want to deal with normal stars and all the drama?

This may be the signal that Pop will be moving on sooner rather than later but who knows. Maybe he will coach out his full contract.

sasaint
01-22-2018, 02:33 PM
Is there a bigger repudiation of :cry culture :cry than your star player having a reported "chilling relationship" with the front office? Isn't that the exact sort of thing :cry culture :cry is supposed to prevent from happening?

If the shortcomings of culture are exposed, that essentially undermines PATFO. If chill turns to acrimony, Kawhi could possibly be the guy that brought the house down.

DAF86
01-22-2018, 02:34 PM
I wonder if this is starting to wear on Pop. He’s old and been around and now with Tim gone will he want to deal with normal stars and all the drama?

This may be the signal that Pop will be moving on sooner rather than later but who knows. Maybe he will coach out his full contract.

You keep repeating that as if Duncan hadn't had normal star drama back on his days. :lol

Spur|n|Austin
01-22-2018, 02:35 PM

TheDoctor
01-22-2018, 02:37 PM
If the shortcomings of culture are exposed, that essentially undermines PATFO. If chill turns to acrimony, Kawhi could possibly be the guy that brought the house down.
#AnawhiSkywalker

Spur|n|Austin
01-22-2018, 02:39 PM

Though I could see him ready to be done soon, what would he do until the olympics? Just couldn't see him taking a break then jumping back into it to coach the olympics. I feel like when he's done, he'll be done for good.

Play Boban
01-22-2018, 02:39 PM
Trade this injured scrub for the unicorn.

Amuseddaysleeper
01-22-2018, 02:41 PM
Trade this injured scrub for the unicorn.

Bit harsh on Rudy Gay

vy65
01-22-2018, 02:43 PM
#AnawhiSkywalker

http://e.lvme.me/csbkszl.jpg

DPG21920
01-22-2018, 02:47 PM
You keep repeating that as if Duncan hadn't had normal star drama back on his days. :lol

You’re being an idiot. Simply put. If you’re argument that you are trying to pick with me is that Tim was no different than pretty much every other NBA superstar it’s really, really stupid. No matter how much you want to argue.

tbdog
01-22-2018, 02:51 PM
Huge overraction by a very ambigorous story. I am sure Leoanrd has felt disconnected. He has barely played.

LkrFan

Is this similar to PG13? He was unhappy and told Indiana he wanted to be a Laker. Instead of letting him walk they traded him to OKC.

Any chance Kiwi told Pop he wanted to bounce?

Play Boban
Bit harsh on Rudy Gay

Trade his ass for a third round pick.

MoSpur02
01-22-2018, 02:52 PM
Spurs are going to be very different. Manu will probably retire. Kawhi might be in another uniform and ownership will slightly change again.

TheDoctor
01-22-2018, 02:52 PM

dbreiden83080
01-22-2018, 02:54 PM
We will know a lot more this Summer. If Kawhi doesn’t sign the extension it will be time to panic.

Oh yeah that is what Spurs fans want. Sign an extension and when he gets hurt again, they can bitch about him signing the extension. Lord knows Tony has just been treated with such love and respect over the years..

dbreiden83080
01-22-2018, 02:55 PM
Spurs are going to be very different. Manu will probably retire. Kawhi might be in another uniform and ownership will slightly change again.

Maybe. Hell Tim Duncan was the Golden Years. You almost always have bad years ahead when that ends..

DPG21920
01-22-2018, 02:55 PM

sasaint
01-22-2018, 02:56 PM
Though I could see him ready to be done soon, what would he do until the olympics? Just couldn't see him taking a break then jumping back into it to coach the olympics. I feel like when he's done, he'll be done for good.

Yeah, I'm afraid that the Olympics mean we are stuck with him until then.

MoSpur02
Call up Magic and send Leonard, Mills, and Joffrey over there for Randle, Nance Jr, and Clarkson and a pick

szkorhetz
Leonard value can't be too high, TBH. It's not 2K, guys. He has a long list if lingering injuries and played 9 games way after 48 games? Dude is made of glass. Trading him now would not net us more than a package of Ariza+Luc Richard, Tristan+Cleveland 1st or anything similar the Knicks got for Melo. Face the reality guys, KL might never play more than 50 games in a season.

DPG21920
01-22-2018, 02:57 PM
Is this similar to PG13? He was unhappy and told Indiana he wanted to be a Laker. Instead of letting him walk they traded him to OKC.

Any chance Kiwi told Pop he wanted to bounce?

I would say this is not really like that because there is a wide gulf between feeling disconnected and telling a team you are leaving if they don’t trade you. Especially when Kawhi won a title with SA and PG never sniffed one.

Beyond that, SA has Kawhi under contract for another year and he’s above PG as a talent.

LkrFan
01-22-2018, 02:57 PM
So it begins...

DPG21920
01-22-2018, 02:58 PM
Leonard value can't be too high, TBH. It's not 2K, guys. He has a long list if lingering injuries and played 9 games way after 48 games? Dude is made of glass. Trading him now would not net us more than a package of Ariza+Luc Richard, Tristan+Cleveland 1st or anything similar the Knicks got for Melo. Face the reality guys, KL might never play more than 50 games in a season.

His value is extremely high. Don’t be fooled. He is viewed as a top 5 player and teams would kill themselves to get him.

MoSpur02
01-22-2018, 02:58 PM
Maybe Peter Holf was the glue who held it together. :lol

Tim leaving changed things. Since then things haven’t been the same.

LkrFan
01-22-2018, 02:59 PM
I would say this is not really like that because there is a wide gulf between feeling disconnected and telling a team you are leaving if they don’t trade you. Especially when Kawhi won a title with SA and PG never sniffed one.

Beyond that, SA has Kawhi under contract for another year and he’s above PG as a talent.

Agreed. Y'all FO/Medical/Coaching staff better be careful with him. Detroit ruined Grant Hill.

JFK
01-22-2018, 03:00 PM

Exactly.

Wojo is writing hit pieces on this team because he's a Warriors honk, Jackie MacMullen is not a credible source but Don Harris reporting what Patty Mill's favorite items off the Whataburger breakfast menu is front page news.

When was the last time the Spurs Coyote took a crap in the AT&T Center and celebrating the past is what you get from the locals.

dbreiden83080
Well, Duncan had those moments too when he was about to move to Orlando. Just imagine the amount of stories that would have been leaked with today's social media.

Stories about what? Tim was team first, who stayed out of the spotlight. He was not partying hard on the road, or cared about getting all the credit for wins. He was about basketball and winning..

sasaint
#AnawhiSkywalker

The Dark Side is hard to resist.

LkrFan
01-22-2018, 03:02 PM
His value is extremely high. Don’t be fooled. He is viewed as a top 5 player and teams would kill themselves to get him.

1) LBJ

2a) or 2b) is toss up between Kiwi (when healthy) and KD tbh. KD is playing better defense than when he was in OKC so he might be ahead, for now. After them I'm going with either Chef or Greak Freak to round out my top 5.

szkorhetz
01-22-2018, 03:03 PM
-Double post.

szkorhetz
01-22-2018, 03:03 PM
Maybe his talent is. But his value is a player, who can't play without getting hurt is not. Grant Hill 2.0.
And the league is more and more moving away from the only thing Kawhi is really top 5. Isos.

MoSpur02
01-22-2018, 03:05 PM
Once everyone is healthy and the Spurs start gelling and put together a lot of wins, this will blow over. Winning cures everything in this business.

daslicer
01-22-2018, 03:06 PM
Oh yeah that is what Spurs fans want. Sign an extension and when he gets hurt again, they can bitch about him signing the extension. Lord knows Tony has just been treated with such love and respect over the years..

Knowing how retarded some of these fans are they will bitch about him taking the extension before the injury and will be disappointed that he didn't leave.

TimDunkem
01-22-2018, 03:07 PM
Once everyone is healthy and the Spurs start gelling and put together a lot of wins, this will blow over. Winning cures everything in this business.

This is a lost season without Kawhi and there is no guarantee he will play anymore this year. This story won't just blow over.

r0drig0lac
01-22-2018, 03:08 PM
Maybe his talent is. But his value is a player, who can't play without getting hurt is not. Grant Hill 2.0.
And the league is more and more moving away from the only thing Kawhi is really top 5. Isos.

funny

DAF86
01-22-2018, 03:10 PM
You’re being an idiot. Simply put. If you’re argument that you are trying to pick with me is that Tim was no different than pretty much every other NBA superstar it’s really, really stupid. No matter how much you want to argue.

All I'm saying is that Duncan also had a time where he wasn't completely on the same page with the front office. So much in fact, that he was a simple concession from Doc Rivers away of leaving the team.

That to me seems more tiring or nerve breaking for Pop than a simple rumour of Kawhi having a "chilling" relationship with the FO, tbh.

DAF86
01-22-2018, 03:13 PM
Stories about what? Tim was team first, who stayed out of the spotlight. He was not partying hard on the road, or cared about getting all the credit for wins. He was about basketball and winning..

Stories about Duncan having pretty much set his mind on leaving San Antonio untill Doc Rivers told him that his family couldn't get into the team's plane.

Besides, Kawhi is also a team first player that doesn't care about the spotlight so in that regard he doesn't bring "normal star drama" either.

cjw
01-22-2018, 03:15 PM
Call up Magic and send Leonard, Mills, and Joffrey over there for Randle, Nance Jr, and Clarkson and a pick

No. Just no. Randle is a RFA after this year and will get a pay raise. Nance is cheap for another year but you don’t need four bigs in today’s NBA. And Clarkson is overpaid and a dime a dozen.

dbreiden83080
01-22-2018, 03:19 PM
Stories about Duncan having pretty much set his mind on leaving San Antonio untill Doc Rivers told him that his family couldn't get into the team's plane.

Besides, Kawhi is also a team first player that doesn't care about the spotlight so in that regard he doesn't bring "normal star drama" either.

I don't see how Duncan talking to another team and visiting them as a FA has anything to do with Star Drama. If anything Tim being so smart, he realized how much of a damn idiot Rivers is, and it made the lure of playing with Hill that much less..

Chomag
01-22-2018, 03:22 PM
He's walking sons

TheGreatYacht
01-22-2018, 03:22 PM
PATFO fluffers blaming new age Stars for their ego problems when they're jizzragging for the biggest ego of them all.... Pop.

Pathetic. That guy is the furthest away from "getting over himself" as they come

bic50
01-22-2018, 03:23 PM
What other big talent do expect not to do the same?

sasaint
01-22-2018, 03:24 PM
No. Just no. Randle is a RFA after this year and will get a pay raise. Nance is cheap for another year but you don’t need four bigs in today’s NBA. And Clarkson is overpaid and a dime a dozen.

I am with you.

Chomag
Honestly though would you blame him after the roster the FO put around him this last off-season?

Clipper Nation
So it begins...

Damn... even Laker fans are begging Kawhi to sign with the Clippers.

TimDunkem
01-22-2018, 03:25 PM
PATFO fluffers blaming new age Stars for their ego problems when they're jizzragging for the biggest ego of them all.... Pop.

Pathetic. That guy is the furthest away from "getting over himself" as they come

I've said it before and I'll say it again: There are no egos on this team because there isn't enough room to fit in with Pop's.

bic50
Stupid

DAF86
I don't see how Duncan talking to another team and visiting them as a FA has anything to do with Star Drama. If anything Tim being so smart, he realized how much of a damn idiot Rivers is, and it made the lure of playing with Hill that much less..

He didn't just "talk". He was decided on leaving.

If you don't see the threat of your star player leaving as "drama", then this rumour about a "chilling relationship" isn't drama either, tbh.

SAGirl
01-22-2018, 03:27 PM
I suspected that for some time, but it wasn't confirmed so it was speculation on my part... just based on how obscure the whole thing was and the fact no one had seen him at the training facility.. plus Pop didn't seem like he knew timeline and was annoyed to be asked about it. When asked about having a second opinion, Kawhi deflected as is his right.. but it just raised suspicion things were not fine.

The report someone posted about the Dallas radio reporter sources also aligns with this .. but that was an uncredited "source".

TheGreatYacht
01-22-2018, 03:28 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again: There are no egos on this team because there isn't enough room to fit in with Pop's.
Truth bomb. If a player even comes close to suggesting Poop is doing something wrong, they're outta here. Only yes men are allowed thanks to Fascist Pop

Darius Bieber
01-22-2018, 03:30 PM
Truth bomb. If a player even comes close to suggesting Poop is doing something wrong, they're outta here. Only yes men are allowed thanks to Fascist Pop

Example: Stephen Jackson

sasaint
01-22-2018, 03:32 PM
Honestly though would you blame him after the roster the FO put around him this last off-season?

I think he may have been less than thrilled about signing LMA away from Portland. He is such a Sphinx it is hard to tell. But I don't ever notice them interacting like we once saw Tim, Manu and Tony interact. Forgetting (for the moment) how difficult it is to have a couple of iso-players in the same lineup, I have doubts that a team can thrive with two introverted stars like Kawhi and LMA. Seems to me you need to have more personal cohesion than I "feel" among the Spurs players, especially their stars.

Dre_7
01-22-2018, 03:35 PM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/amp/Kawhi-Leonard-s-camp-refutes-ESPN-report-12515778.php?__twitter_impression=true

Kawhi's camp has denied the rumors. RC has also. That's two named sources that have quickly spoken out. Are you going to believe RC and Kawhi's camp or the unnamed sources??

-21-
01-22-2018, 03:35 PM
I think it’s a combo of Kawhi having nothing else in life besides basketball and he’s not playing so he’s going crazy. I also think some of this could be angling for the SuperMax and letting everyone know that Kawhi won’t be taking less due to his injury history.

What I got from reading the report was Kawhi is the one who is reluctant to play. The Spurs shut him down because he told them he was still uncomfortable. Maybe the issue is the Spurs think he's ready but he doesn't want to rush himself?

DPG21920
01-22-2018, 03:36 PM
1) LBJ

2a) or 2b) is toss up between Kiwi (when healthy) and KD tbh. KD is playing better defense than when he was in OKC so he might be ahead, for now. After them I'm going with either Chef or Greak Freak to round out my top 5.

I would agree with that overall. Have to put KD ahead IMO because he’s amazing and healthy but Kawhi stil viewed as top 5.