PDA

View Full Version : Should Kawhi Be Traded?

spurraider21
01-22-2018, 04:56 PM
See poll above.

TheGreatYacht
01-22-2018, 04:59 PM
He deserves another shot at a title. Under this alcoholic front office he doesn't have that.

sananspursfan21
01-22-2018, 04:59 PM
Kiwi's uncle says communication is smooth and there's no issues....

vander
01-22-2018, 05:42 PM
where's the 3rd option? I want Kawhi to stay but that doesn't mean Spurs will be competing for "chips"

baseline bum
01-22-2018, 05:45 PM
There is no reasonable trade I'd do for Kawhi. It's not like Golden State is going to call offering Curry. Even if he misses the rest of the season the odds he comes back 100% are a lot higher than the odds the Spurs can land another player as good as Kawhi in the next decade.

spurraider21
01-22-2018, 05:48 PM
There is no reasonable trade I'd do for Kawhi. It's not like Golden State is going to call offering Curry. Even if he misses the rest of the season the odds he comes back 100% are a lot higher than the odds the Spurs can land another player as good as Kawhi in the next decade.
this, this, this

trading kawhi is essentially guaranteeing we aren't competing for the next half decade (probably more). keeping kawhi keeps the window open. you might think its a slim chance, but i'll take slim over none every day of the week

Play Boban
01-22-2018, 07:00 PM
I'd trade Kawhi for Gallinari straight up tbh. The Kawhi error is over.

gospursgojas
01-22-2018, 07:02 PM
His value will only go down. Trade now.

phxspurfan
01-22-2018, 07:05 PM

Problem is by keeping him you only have him for 2 more years (if he's actually disgruntled).

https://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/SAS.html

Hoops Czar
01-22-2018, 07:05 PM
Spurs won't trade him under any circumstances. However, they'll do a sign and trade during his free agency period so they can get a few token draft picks/bit pieces back in return if he does decide to leave.

baseline bum
01-22-2018, 07:07 PM
Problem is by keeping him you only have him for 2 more years (if he's actually disgruntled).

I'd keep him and hope I could change his mind with some good trades like LA did with Kobe in 2007.

Hoops Czar
01-22-2018, 07:09 PM

Spurs have zero flexibility going forward thanks to the offseason. The Spurs are going to be hardpressed just re-signing their own garbage role players to loyalty contracts so if he's truly discruntled over the roster construction, there isn't a damn thing they can do about it.

ElNono
01-22-2018, 07:18 PM
In before the Spurs trade him and fatnecks in here go "He wasn't that good anyways..." :lol

MultiTroll
01-22-2018, 07:29 PM
where's the 3rd option? I want Kawhi to stay but that doesn't mean Spurs will be competing for "chips"

TheGreatYacht
01-22-2018, 07:30 PM
In before the Spurs trade him and fatnecks in here go "He wasn't that good anyways..." :lol
"Believe in Pop & RC and teh system"

hater
01-22-2018, 07:32 PM
Id rather trade Poop, Patty Shits and Manure first qnd formost

Fucking diarrhea fucks

Poolboy5623
01-22-2018, 07:33 PM
Trade him or get nothing for him when he walks. Why the hell would he stay with pop and the Spurs??

duncan2k5
01-22-2018, 07:35 PM

we should listen to a guy that spells "Error" where he should be saying "Era"? yeah, ok...:/

Johnsyounger
01-22-2018, 07:36 PM
Ya like we should've traded Duncan after he got hurt in 2000. This board is a joke. A bunch of armchair GMs that know as much about bball as the guy working the register at Taco Cabana. Way to early to trade KL. Its not debatable.

TheRemix
01-22-2018, 07:38 PM
Fuuuuuuuck no

TheGreatYacht
01-22-2018, 07:39 PM
Ya like we should've traded Duncan after he got hurt in 2000. This board is a joke. A bunch of armchair GMs that know as much about bball as the guy working the register at Taco Cabana. Way to early to trade KL. Its not debatable.
The guy working the register at Taco Cabana wouldn't have handed out $98,000,000 to Fatty House and Gasoft. That I can assure you.

TheRemix
01-22-2018, 07:41 PM
The guy working the register at Taco Cabana wouldn't have handed out $98,000,000 to Fatty House and Gasoft. That I can assure you.
He also would've brought back the taco cabana colors for alternative jerseys that everyone's been crying about

Johnsyounger
01-22-2018, 07:50 PM
Maybe, maybe not. But RC plays the long game. That much is clear. And yea they finally got a few shitty contracts, but with Parkers unknown injury had to give someone some money to play guard. And there weren't many options at the time. Murray is clearly years away from being able to lead. Rage was a great pickup when we landed him. Turns out he was horrid but no one here knew that. Small markets have to operate different than LA or NY. Rare that a FA is just gonna come to SA. All theses guards we are developing are gonna be unloaded for assets at some point. We ain't ringing this year anyway. So we have to wait and see....Just wait when that salary cap goes up. Many head scratcher contracts incoming.

spurraider21
01-22-2018, 08:46 PM
:lol most of the yes votes are trolls tbh... Zipper nation, great yacht, play boban, darius bieber

Dex
01-22-2018, 09:12 PM
Id rather trade Poop, Patty Shits and Manure first qnd formost

Fucking diarrhea fucks

Written like a true 4th grader.

hater
01-22-2018, 09:13 PM
Written like a true 4th grader.

Hows third grade going shortstuff?

Snaq O'Meal
01-22-2018, 09:14 PM

The Warriors may offer Klay for Kawhi. That's the guy PATFO wanted over Kawhi in that draft.

hater
01-22-2018, 09:15 PM
The Warriors may offer Klay for Kawhi. That's the guy PATFO wanted over Kawhi in that draft.

:lmao Klaynus is jo better than a prime dick jfferson on a scrub team

tholdren
01-22-2018, 09:27 PM
Who cares? Todays nba is straight doodoo

daslicer
01-22-2018, 11:12 PM
this, this, this

trading kawhi is essentially guaranteeing we aren't competing for the next half decade (probably more). keeping kawhi keeps the window open. you might think its a slim chance, but i'll take slim over none every day of the week

Yup this is how I also feel. Spurs should see how it plays out this year and next year when it comes to Kawhi. They won't get a player of equal value. What people don't realize in here is this a superstar league and you can't win titles without having a superstar. If Kawhi does walk away in '19 I can live with the Spurs being a lottery team trying to land a star in the draft versus trading Kawhi and getting a few good players for him and being a middle of the pack team much like the Blazers are for the next decade.

Play Boban
01-22-2018, 11:43 PM
we should listen to a guy that spells "Error" where he should be saying "Era"? yeah, ok...:/
I guess that one flew over your head...the era was an error. 0 titles, just injuries, and now this guy is becoming a drama queen diva and causing locker room issues. It’s not the Spurs’ fault he’s a cripple. It’s time for PATFO to cut ties.

LASToog36
01-22-2018, 11:47 PM
Would you trade michael jordan in his prime.. stupid fuckin thread gtfoh

Atl Spur
01-23-2018, 12:07 AM
Would you trade michael jordan in his prime.. stupid fuckin thread gtfoh

This! Don’t waste your breath on this spoiled fan base; you would think we hadn’t been Great for decades��

Dex
01-23-2018, 09:22 AM
Hows third grade going shortstuff?

Mrs. Morris is a bitch.

Play Boban
06-15-2018, 06:53 PM
The prophecy has come true.

Spurtacular
06-15-2018, 06:58 PM
Why is the no option, "I want to compete for chips." Is the OP a fucking retard? Kawhi will quit on the Spurs for another year. It may not be in terms of sitting out; he'll just half ass it, take his paycheck and gtfo.

Play Boban
06-15-2018, 07:02 PM
I guess that one flew over your head...the era was an error. 0 titles, just injuries, and now this guy is becoming a drama queen diva and causing locker room issues. It’s not the Spurs’ fault he’s a cripple. It’s time for PATFO to cut ties.
:wow

Play Boban
06-15-2018, 07:03 PM
Why is the no option, "I want to compete for chips." Is the OP a fucking retard? Kawhi will quit on the Spurs for another year. It may not be in terms of sitting out; he'll just half ass it, take his paycheck and gtfo.

tholdren
06-15-2018, 09:09 PM
Who cares? Todays nba is straight doodoo
I am correct