PDA

View Full Version : Injury report 1/22/18

SAGirl
01-22-2018, 07:07 PM

SAGirl
01-22-2018, 07:07 PM
Manu still out... and GAsol with the right wrist still in pain...
This game is going to be tough to watch.

phxspurfan
01-22-2018, 07:08 PM
Battle of 2 of the leagues shittiest teams currently

Hoops Czar
01-22-2018, 07:16 PM
If Pau is still having pain in wrist, why the hell did he play against the Pacers? The NBA needs to step in and hire their own doctors, assign them to clubs and they should be the one's taking the lead in determing the health status of players. To hell with the team doctors.

NASpurs
01-22-2018, 07:18 PM
If the Spurs can't score 100 points or have a 30 point quarter against the Cavs, then might as well start tanking.

TD 21
01-22-2018, 07:22 PM
Forbes likely replaces Gasol in the starting lineup, with Aldridge, Anderson and Green, all sliding up a position. By default, Lauvergne will be in the rotation and Paul probably will be too.

Cavs obviously are pathetic defensively, yet at some point are due for an "enough is enough" game (it won't last though) and Spurs' putrid offense should be just the tonic. Expect the now usual colossal struggle to break 80.

This team is done for mentally. They fattened up on weak early schedule and got by on the back of a resurgent Aldridge. The latest batch of injuries, most notable the Leonard "regrouping", has clearly demoralized them. Aldridge has come back down to earth, the league is now making a concerted effort to gum up their hi-lo game and without that, they have nowhere to go offensively. The roof has caved in and they're arguably the worst team in the league at the moment.

objective
01-22-2018, 07:55 PM
Joffrey is going to give up so many baskets at the rim.

Part of why Aldridge is fading I think I've brought up on different occasions: he's worn out because of the Joffrey effect.

Joffrey being brought in to replace both Dedmon and Lee and being so terrible that Pop went with the LMA-Pau stagger to keep Joffrey off the court is a huge problem, at least in the regular season.

If Joffrey was Ayres this the team would be better off.

Hopefully Costello is active and gets time.

SAGirl
01-22-2018, 08:06 PM
I have thought Lamarcus is worn out too. He's playing heavy minutes and asked to post up almost every possession. He started the season with determination but once this Kawhi thing takes a life of its own, Rudy is out, Manu is out, the guards rotations have been all over the place, he's getting doubled and tripled at times and he's a bad passer... so he's out of his element. I am sure he'd be happy to welcome some help at this point.

And I brought up the Joffrey thing in the trade deadline bc I thought Spurs needed a better big. Someone said it wasn't worth it bc said big would not be a factor in the postseason, but the regular season matters. Joffrey is getting a gifted his salary this year.

gospursgojas
01-22-2018, 08:46 PM
Over/Under on point blank misses at the rim for Joff?

objective
01-22-2018, 08:53 PM
Over/Under on blocks by Joffrey: 0

It might seem impossible with current counting stats, but I'll take the under.

Slippy
01-22-2018, 08:59 PM
Keeps getting worse. Now their best passer/facilitator on the team in Gasol is out.

Slippy
01-22-2018, 09:01 PM
Also why is manu still out. A contusion whether you are 40 or 20 should heal the same.. spurs need their best playmaker back.

hater
01-22-2018, 09:01 PM
:lmao and Fatty Turds diahrrea is still healthy

Fucking shitburger

sasaint
01-22-2018, 09:06 PM
Forbes likely replaces Gasol in the starting lineup, with Aldridge, Anderson and Green, all sliding up a position. By default, Lauvergne will be in the rotation and Paul probably will be too.

Cavs obviously are pathetic defensively, yet at some point are due for an "enough is enough" game (it won't last though) and Spurs' putrid offense should be just the tonic. Expect the now usual colossal struggle to break 80.

This team is done for mentally. They fattened up on weak early schedule and got by on the back of a resurgent Aldridge. The latest batch of injuries, most notable the Leonard "regrouping", has clearly demoralized them. Aldridge has come back down to earth, the league is now making a concerted effort to gum up their hi-lo game and without that, they have nowhere to go offensively. The roof has caved in and they're arguably the worst team in the league at the moment.

I think the observation about being demoralized is accurate. In interviews none of the players talks about "next man up" or "everybody just has to step up his game." Everybody - even Manu - focuses on how the offense was designed to revolve around Kawhi and it very disconcerting to have to shift gears into a different style offense in his absence, and it is very difficult to have to adjust for Kawhi's presence on the rare occasions he does play.

Russ
01-22-2018, 10:03 PM
I think the observation about being demoralized is accurate. In interviews none of the players talks about "next man up" or "everybody just has to step up his game." Everybody - even Manu - focuses on how the offense was designed to revolve around Kawhi and it very disconcerting to have to shift gears into a different style offense in his absence, and it is very difficult to have to adjust for Kawhi's presence on the rare occasions he does play.

It takes a while but when it happens it's a sad sight -- when the bumble bee finally realizes that it's not supposed to be able to fly.

SpurPadre
01-22-2018, 10:23 PM
Lebron is gonna fuck us up the ass tomorrow, tbh.

daslicer
01-22-2018, 11:21 PM
Lebron is gonna fuck us up the ass tomorrow, tbh.

If the Cavs lose tomorrow it will say something about them more so then the Spurs losing to them. I predict a Cavs meltdown if they lose tomorrow. This is a game they should win.

Slippy
01-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Joffrey is going to give up so many baskets at the rim.

Part of why Aldridge is fading I think I've brought up on different occasions: he's worn out because of the Joffrey effect.

Joffrey being brought in to replace both Dedmon and Lee and being so terrible that Pop went with the LMA-Pau stagger to keep Joffrey off the court is a huge problem, at least in the regular season.

If Joffrey was Ayres this the team would be

Why is Joff still on the team. Hes utterly useless.

SpurPadre
01-22-2018, 11:29 PM
If the Cavs lose tomorrow it will say something about them more so then the Spurs losing to them. I predict a Cavs meltdown if they lose tomorrow. This is a game they should win.

This game screams of the Cavs "turning their season around" type narrative from the media. Lebron will probably have season-high numbers, tbh.

NASpurs
01-22-2018, 11:31 PM
This game screams of the Cavs "turning their season around" type narrative from the media. Lebron will probably have season-high numbers, tbh.

Seems like it whenever a struggling team beats the Spurs and then the next game, said struggling team take a steaming wet fart and fizzles out.

TimDunkem
01-22-2018, 11:32 PM

Maybe he was the only big willing to sign here for next to nothing. Clearly, their big priorites were Mills and Gasol, so perhaps not much was left for anyone else.

objective
01-23-2018, 12:04 AM

It's his player option and the money.

I think if it was a one year deal he would have been cut and replaced by now. There's bigs all over the world, hell, remember when they brought in Baynes midseason?

They still have all their Euro buyout money, they could get someone tomorrow better than Lolffrey if they wanted to.

But eating a year of his salary + the euro buyout money + the new player (even Costello promoted) = a lot of money when nobody is showing up to games in the lower bowl to buy expensive concessions.

Slippy
01-23-2018, 12:06 AM
There are better bigs out there that will play for the min. Our national basketball leaguue has bigs better than Joff.

Slippy
01-23-2018, 12:13 AM
It's his player option and the money.

I think if it was a one year deal he would have been cut and replaced by now. There's bigs all over the world, hell, remember when they brought in Baynes midseason?

They still have all their Euro buyout money, they could get someone tomorrow better than Lolffrey if they wanted to.

But eating a year of his salary + the euro buyout money + the new player (even Costello promoted) = a lot of money when nobody is showing up to games in the lower bowl to buy expensive concessions.
Ok Thanks. that makes the most sense . This last spurs offeseason of signings & contracts would have to be one of their worst ever.

objective
01-23-2018, 12:15 AM
Khem Birch is on a cheaper deal than Joffrey, has only played 73 minutes, and still has 7 blocks.

I'd take him in a second over Joffrey.

SequSpur
01-23-2018, 12:21 AM
Joff is fucking terrible. He is another Bonner for Pop. WTF! Pop is the fucking problem here. Why does this DF get a free ride? Bad decision after bad decision. Then the pompous ass didn't like being questioned about Murray either yesterday. Shit!

r0drig0lac
01-23-2018, 04:00 AM
Cavs by 25

daledondale
01-23-2018, 06:49 AM
Joff is fucking terrible. He is another Bonner for Pop. WTF! Pop is the fucking problem here. Why does this DF get a free ride? Bad decision after bad decision. Then the pompous ass didn't like being questioned about Murray either yesterday. Shit!Honestly, Bonner made a 3 when we needed and he could defend Ibaka or Randolph. So, Bonner is better by a mile.

Russo21
01-23-2018, 06:54 AM
Joff is fucking terrible. He is another Bonner for Pop. WTF! Pop is the fucking problem here. Why does this DF get a free ride? Bad decision after bad decision. Then the pompous ass didn't like being questioned about Murray either yesterday. Shit!

What was asked about Murray? I stated in a recent post I'm sick of him giving reporters bullshit answers about basketball yet when someone asks him something about politics he gives a lengthy essay response. The old fool has to retire. He seems more interested in politics than basketball, yet basketball is what he's supposed to be here for. Pop is a wanker I fkn hate him more and more every time he opens his mouth.

tholdren
01-23-2018, 06:57 AM
Honestly, Bonner made a 3 when we needed and he could defend Ibaka or Randolph. So, Bonner is better by a mile.

You must have missed every spurs postseason during the bonner years.

daledondale
01-23-2018, 07:36 AM
You must have missed every spurs postseason during the bonner years.
No, i didn't miss any playoffs series in the last 15 years. Tell me in what way Joff is better player than Bonner. He's reaching Ayres levels of ugliness. And i'm telling this not being a Bonner fan.

hater
01-23-2018, 07:38 AM
Jeffrey makes Jeff Pendergraf look like Hakeem

I cant believe Parker conned the retarded sperms to sign him :lol

hater
01-23-2018, 07:40 AM
Lmao this is truly a terrible tam

I would hqve this bunch of fucking scrubs missing the playoffs if we werent so far ahead in the standings

We are getting swept in round 1

Robz4000
01-23-2018, 08:03 AM
Lmao this is truly a terrible tam

I would hqve this bunch of fucking scrubs missing the playoffs if we werent so far ahead in the standings

We are getting swept in round 1

Not too late to miss the postseason. Only 5 games up in the loss column from the 8 seed with the toughest remaining schedule.

Ice009
01-23-2018, 09:08 AM
Not too late to miss the postseason. Only 5 games up in the loss column from the 8 seed with the toughest remaining schedule.

Absolutely. Easily could miss the playoffs. The Spurs have fallen back far enough. A losing streak could put them on the outside.

Snaq O'Meal
01-23-2018, 10:09 AM
Absolutely. Easily could miss the playoffs. The Spurs have fallen back far enough. A losing streak could put them on the outside.

They’ve already started that losing streak. Poop may have tipped his king over in early anticipation of a checkmate.

Only problem is that PATFO won’t know what to do with a high draft pick. They’re very likely to select a cultured Euro stiff or an underdog midget chucker.

hater
01-23-2018, 11:11 AM
I guess so. I am calling it now then. We missing the pkayoffs or barely qualifying in 8th to get analy curbstomped in 4 games by the showers

superbigtime
01-23-2018, 12:36 PM
game is gonna be really ugly.

TheDoctor
01-23-2018, 12:56 PM
Jeffrey makes Jeff Pendergraf look like Hakeem

I cant believe Parker conned the retarded sperms to sign him :lol
LMAOOOOOOOOOOO