PDA

View Full Version : Tony parker: Kawhi 2-3 weeks away

gospursgojas
01-24-2018, 04:32 AM
Didn’t y’all hear it in his interview with Dennis Scott?

spursistan
01-24-2018, 09:05 AM
He should not come back until he is 100 fuckin' percent healthy.

I expect them to bring to him back after the All Star break, and if he is still complaining of pain thereafter, he is getting shutdown for the year..

Play Boban
01-24-2018, 09:20 AM
He should retire.

hater
01-24-2018, 09:21 AM
Fake news

Parker said hopefully he comes back in 2-3 weeks

Fireball
01-24-2018, 09:45 AM
Pop said after the ASG ... so thats more like 4 weeks

spurraider21
01-24-2018, 02:10 PM
I don't care if we limp into the all-star break. This team's hopes hinge on Kawhi playing MVP level ball. As long as he's playing regular minutes by the time we hit SPAM, I'm fine with as much rest/rehab as possible

Stabula
01-24-2018, 02:13 PM
Fake news

This. Parker wasn't giving an actual ETA for Kawhi's return.

daslicer
01-24-2018, 02:14 PM
I'm just assuming that he's not coming back this year.

bklynspursfan
01-24-2018, 02:16 PM
I don't care if we limp into the all-star break. This team's hopes hinge on Kawhi playing MVP level ball. As long as he's playing regular minutes by the time we hit SPAM, I'm fine with as much rest/rehab as possible

+1

SAGirl
01-24-2018, 02:18 PM
Fake news

yup...
thanks for clearing that up.

SAGirl
01-24-2018, 02:22 PM

I expect them to bring to him back after the All Star break, and if he is still complaining of pain thereafter, he is getting shutdown for the year..
That makes sense.

This time, do not even attempt to come back to play until for real you are 100% healthy and with no pain.

Agreed that if he attempts a comeback and still has pain has to sit out the rest of the year. Also, as a sidenote, that would be really concerning.

For now, just let him take whatever time he needs and then come back..timeline right now is not as importnat as him not having any recurrences.

phxspurfan
01-24-2018, 02:30 PM
Yeah that was a hope. Same hope as we hope Kawhi is being honest when he says he's felling pain like he's been shot by a sniper, when all the imaging and physical therapy tests come back that he's 100% healthy.

phxspurfan
01-24-2018, 02:30 PM

He is 100% healthy. Doctors have declared that months ago. This sit out is on Kawhi's on volition.

Dex
01-24-2018, 05:13 PM
He is 100% healthy. Doctors have declared that months ago. This sit out is on Kawhi's on volition.

If he is still feeling pain other than typical soreness after games, he's not healthy.

Look at Kawhi's track record: how he improved his shot. How he lives in the gym. How he adds to his game every summer. How he went from a mid-lottery pick to an MVP candidate. How he played on a busted ankle in last year's playoffs.

There is nothing to suggest that Kawhi is just sitting out because he feels like it. Or that he is psyching himself out. He still has a long career ahead of him to consider, and if his body is telling him he is not ready, he would be smart to listen.

I want the Spurs to do well this season, but I also want the Kawhi and the Spurs to be successful in the long haul. If we can only pick one, I'm going with the latter.

DieHardSpursFan1537
01-24-2018, 05:43 PM
Don't even bother putting him back on the floor if there's any pain in his quad. Otherwise we're in for another "out indefinitely" memo from PATFO.

UNT Eagles 2016
01-24-2018, 05:46 PM
Leonard is a turd. He's no Duncan, and he'll never be. Trade the foo already

ECOV
01-24-2018, 06:48 PM
Its makes no sense to compare

ECOV
01-24-2018, 07:03 PM
Its makes no sense to compare

spurraider21
01-24-2018, 07:06 PM
trade anyone who isn't duncan? :lol thats quite the standard.

franchise players like duncan are unicorns. only 2 people have been all-nba first team as rookies since 1970: larry bird and tim duncan

YGWHI
01-24-2018, 09:13 PM

What Spurs doctors said was they didn't find any structural damage. Which is fantastic in long-term.

But there is no need of that type of damage for a persistent quad pain.

tholdren
01-24-2018, 11:07 PM
What Spurs doctors said was they didn't find any structural damage. Which is fantastic in long-term.

But there is no need of that type of damage for a persistent quad pain.

Hes mentally weak. Just address the issue and move on. Hiding behind an uncle? Come on man

YGWHI
01-24-2018, 11:35 PM
Hes mentally weak. Just address the issue and move on. Hiding behind an uncle? Come on man

-I've never seen a player improving season after season like Kawhi. A player needs a strong mindset to do it

-He's not hiding behind his uncle. Kawhi doesn't give a shit about media.

-Also, when people talk about his uncle they don't know anything. That guy helped Kawhi's mom when she was raising her kid alone.

-When you say "Kl has not shown the ability to lead a team to a playoff series victory" I realize you're just trolling here

KDKSpurs24
01-25-2018, 12:40 AM
-I've never seen a player improving season after season like Kawhi. A player needs a strong mindset to do it

-He's not hiding behind his uncle. Kawhi doesn't give a shit about media.

-Also, when people talk about his uncle they don't know anything. That guy helped Kawhi's mom when she was raising her kid alone.

-When you say "Kl has not shown the ability to lead a team to a playoff series victory" I realize you're just trolling here
Don’t listen to that dude. I’ve been stopped.