PDA

View Full Version : An Opinion on Kawhi, that I haven't seen anywhere else.

alpha_HaZE
01-25-2018, 02:47 AM
As a recent pounding the rock article says; sometimes the simplest answer is the correct one. And I truly believe that's the case here. Kawhi, fired his agent, thus his agent leaked some info to ESPN. As we know there are only a few big agencies, and those manage almost all NBA althetes, and these agencies, I am 100% positive, have more connections than Kawhi's uncle.

Does that mean, that everything we heard from ESPN is true? No, I am sure ESPN blew things out of proportion a bit, to attract ratins of course, but am certain is an issue between Kawhi and the Spurs, and it dates since last year!

If you remember last year, Pop asked Kawhi to do too much; guard the opponent's best player and be the focal point on offense by having the highest usage on the team by far. It is likely that Kawhi expressed some concerns or asked for a lesser role, I mean it was obvious that that was the case, hence reporters asked Pop "Don't you use Kawhi too much?", and Pop said; "Well, he is paid big bucks to do so". Which resulted in Kawhi being overused, and on top of it the team misdagnosing his injury and as a result Kawhi injures himself over the summer and here we are today!

So, last year Pop bumped heads with both LA and Kawhi, but he publicly apologized only to LA! No taking any responsibility to what happened with Kawhi. Let's not forger we all thought he was going to be an MVP canditate this year, instead he is not even an all star and Pop and the Spurs had something to do with it!

If I was Kawhi, I would be frustrated as hell, especially if he is leaving money on the table to play for the Spurs. To those that think that he will lose 35+ mi, if he plays elsewhere, that's laughable. In LA, he will make way more than that from TV and other marketing opportunities that he will have in a big marker.

Does that mean he wants to leave SA? I doubt it, but Pop and RC better hope Kawhi gets healthy and returns to action soon because otherwise, I could easily see him leaving this summer.

Amuseddaysleeper
01-25-2018, 02:52 AM
How long ago did Kawhi fire his agent? Also he’s a DPOY and I’m sure see Down would love to win MVP. If anything I could see Kawhi being more annoyed at not playing enough minutes when he is healthy as oppose to being used to do too much.

TheDoctor
01-25-2018, 06:34 AM
So alpha haze is Steven A. Smith or nah? WTF was that^ shit? Im still not sure because he didn’t say “NO NO NO NO NO...” a thousands times but fucking Jesuschrist he is near.

duncan2k5
01-25-2018, 06:45 AM
There is NO WAY Kawhi asked for a lesser role... The guy has the drive to be the greatest player of all time

hater
01-25-2018, 07:52 AM
Overused??? What is this bullshit?

Westbrook is overused, hardon is overused; even cp3 was overused

I dont think Kawhi smelld close to 40mpg. Stop th bullshit

pgardn
01-25-2018, 08:05 AM

If he is made of Chyna, then he is overused.
You said it son.

Play Boban
01-25-2018, 10:08 AM
There is NO WAY Kawhi asked for a lesser role... The guy has the drive to be the greatest player of all time

How do you know? Are you Kawhi tbh?

Play Boban
01-25-2018, 10:09 AM
You said it son.

So true. Kawheelchair is a glass doll. It doesn't matter how good he is when he's healthy because he's never healthy. Where was he when we needed him in the Western Conference Finals last year? On a couch eating potato chips.

sananspursfan21
01-25-2018, 10:14 AM

The poor bastard can’t even wipe his own ass let alone worry about being overused

Dre_7
01-25-2018, 10:33 AM
You said it son.

Chyna???
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/58/Chyna.jpg/170px-Chyna.jpg

sananspursfan21
01-25-2018, 10:52 AM
There’s a reason you haven’t seen this opinion anywhere else...

Play Boban
01-25-2018, 10:57 AM
:wow

hater
01-25-2018, 01:37 PM

:lol

SAGirl
01-25-2018, 01:45 PM
Interesting points.

It's very difficult to read much into the situation bc Kawhi and his uncle defused the flames that were raised. He needs to get healthy and the team go back to winning with him and this will all be left behind.

Hopefully that injury is not a chronic thing that will affect him in the future. It is worrisome for sure.

exstatic
01-25-2018, 03:32 PM
As a recent pounding the rock article says; sometimes the simplest answer is the correct one. And I truly believe that's the case here. Kawhi, fired his agent, thus his agent leaked some info to ESPN. As we know there are only a few big agencies, and those manage almost all NBA althetes, and these agencies, I am 100% positive, have more connections than Kawhi's uncle.

Does that mean, that everything we heard from ESPN is true? No, I am sure ESPN blew things out of proportion a bit, to attract ratins of course, but am certain is an issue between Kawhi and the Spurs, and it dates since last year!

If you remember last year, Pop asked Kawhi to do too much; guard the opponent's best player and be the focal point on offense by having the highest usage on the team by far. It is likely that Kawhi expressed some concerns or asked for a lesser role, I mean it was obvious that that was the case, hence reporters asked Pop "Don't you use Kawhi too much?", and Pop said; "Well, he is paid big bucks to do so". Which resulted in Kawhi being overused, and on top of it the team misdagnosing his injury and as a result Kawhi injures himself over the summer and here we are today!

So, last year Pop bumped heads with both LA and Kawhi, but he publicly apologized only to LA! No taking any responsibility to what happened with Kawhi. Let's not forger we all thought he was going to be an MVP canditate this year, instead he is not even an all star and Pop and the Spurs had something to do with it!

If I was Kawhi, I would be frustrated as hell, especially if he is leaving money on the table to play for the Spurs. To those that think that he will lose 35+ mi, if he plays elsewhere, that's laughable. In LA, he will make way more than that from TV and other marketing opportunities that he will have in a big marker.

Does that mean he wants to leave SA? I doubt it, but Pop and RC better hope Kawhi gets healthy and returns to action soon because otherwise, I could easily see him leaving this summer.
A). His uncle is a WAY better source than some agency.
B). While he can sign the Supermax this summer, he can’t leave.
C). You’re a retard.

pgardn
01-25-2018, 05:15 PM
Chyna???
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/58/Chyna.jpg/170px-Chyna.jpg

Chyna (in a Trump voice) but referring to brittle ceramics.

^
WTF is that above... Good God.

.G.
01-25-2018, 07:24 PM
Chyna had a big ol clit.

alpha_HaZE
01-26-2018, 03:07 AM
Interesting points.

It's very difficult to read much into the situation bc Kawhi and his uncle defused the flames that were raised. He needs to get healthy and the team go back to winning with him and this will all be left behind.

Hopefully that injury is not a chronic thing that will affect him in the future. It is worrisome for sure.

Thank you, you made some good points :)! And I am leaning towards that it's nothing too serious to worry about, but it worries me just as much as his injury does. He has not played more than 10 games this season and even thought I think he will come back and be the Kawhi we all knew, now I have to see it, you know what I mean? It's frustruting for me as a fan to watch, and am sure it is frustruting for Kawhi and the Spurs and our players.

Going back to the ESPN report, all I said is that, his old agent, the one who Kawhi recently fired, leaked some info to ESPN and ESPN being the shitty place they are, made a big deal out of it. However, Jalen Rose was the one to call the LA trade months before anyelse did. He knows the sport the way most of us don't. And he said, in Spurs, Pop has the last word. Elite players don't want to play for him. LA, did not! He asked for a trade as we all know now (by the way we collectively dissmissed those rumours) and it appears that Kawhi wasn't overly happy either. Not as bad as LA of course, but it is not getting any better and that worries me.

Kawhi had the second highest usage% only second to Harden last year, but he works way harder on the court. So it's fair to say, he was used more than Lebron, Harden, Steph and many others. Steph has KD to ease the load off of him, and Lebron had Kyrie. Harden gassed out in round 2 of the playoffs and Kawhi was injured, he was injured to the point he as missed almost the entire season thus far. Remember, when we first heard about the injury we all thought it was because Kawhi is a gym rat, he injured himself?

During the season, some reporters asked Pop about it and he said:

"I don’t think he’s ever going to be worn out. I’m not going to play him like Latrell Sprewell. The bottom line is that he’s getting paid to do both. So get your ass out there and do both, if you want to know the truth. If you don’t want to do both then we’ll pay you $4 million."

So if reporters noticed, am sure Kawhi had noticed as well and Pop but the Spurs misdiagnosed the injury, and blatantly dismissed any concerns and simply said; he is paid to do so, otherwise we pay him less. Yikes, that's so un-Spurs in so many levels!

If I was Kawhi, I would be pissed, wouldn't you?

Ice009
01-26-2018, 07:15 AM
Darn, I remember Pop saying that last season. I thought that shit was harsh because I don't see any other players in the league being able to play DPOY level defense and MVP level offense. His defense slipped a bit last season, but I didn't have a problem with that in the regular season because that's freaking hard to ask someone to play at MVP level on both ends of the court. He can crank it up in the playoffs on defense, but I didn't expect him to do both throughout the entire regular season. That's just a gargantuan workload to ask of somebody IMO. You can still try and do it, though, but I feel that is a challenge more for a big man.

Now that I actually think about it, that's a bullshit quote from Pop. Unless Pop was trying to challenge him to be better, I think he was being a big unreasonable there saying he'd only pay him 4M. He'd get 20M for his offense alone. Even a DPOY would get more than 4M for his defense and average offense, wouldn't they?

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-26-2018, 12:53 PM
You have to be guarding somebody when you're in the game, so why not the other team's best player?

Pop has always controlled Kawhi's minutes, so this "overuse" argument is stupid. People have always complained in here about how few minutes Pop was giving KL in the past, and now an argument that he's been overused? That's funny.

alpha_HaZE
01-28-2018, 11:17 PM
You have to be guarding somebody when you're in the game, so why not the other team's best player?

Pop has always controlled Kawhi's minutes, so this "overuse" argument is stupid. People have always complained in here about how few minutes Pop was giving KL in the past, and now an argument that he's been overused? That's funny.

He missed all but 9 games this season, because on an overuse injury, not sure what's your point.

DeRozan m8
01-29-2018, 03:31 AM
So true. Kawheelchair is a glass doll. It doesn't matter how good he is when he's healthy because he's never healthy. Where was he when we needed him in the Western Conference Finals last year? On a couch eating potato chips.

Do you ever go a single day without being a crying f@ggot?

LkrFan
01-29-2018, 05:54 AM
:lol

LkrFan
01-29-2018, 05:55 AM
Chyna had a big ol clit.
:wow

Play Boban
01-29-2018, 09:12 AM
Do you ever go a single day without being a crying f@ggot?
No.

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-29-2018, 10:17 AM
He missed all but 9 games this season, because on an overuse injury, not sure what's your point.

The point is that the overuse was probably the result of all of the additional training he does outside of the Spurs facility. It's not from the 34 minutes a game that he is out there playing in actual games. Blaming Pop is an easy excuse but the fact is he pushed himself way beyond what he should have on his own. It's not his fault either, he was striving to be the best. Can't blame him for that.