PDA

View Full Version : OT: The XFL is coming back in 2020

TheCultOfPersonality
01-25-2018, 05:52 PM
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22213241/vince-mcmahon-gimmick-free-xfl-return-2020

Who knows. This time the XFL may last 2 season before disbanding again.

Trill Clinton
01-25-2018, 06:37 PM
yea i'm going to pass on this right wing snowflake league.

they switched up the colors to red, white and blue. players with a criminal record are not allowed to join, everyone must stand for the national anthem, one owner(vince), you have to win to get paid lol. this league is going to be a big ass fail.

Xevious
01-25-2018, 06:38 PM
• 8 teams to start

• 40 man rosters

• Any player with a criminal record precluded from playing
Where are they going to find 320 professional footbal players without criminal records?

Clipper Nation
01-25-2018, 07:26 PM
I'm willing to give it a chance, tbh. The NFL is just getting shittier by the year. At very least, it should force the NFL to adapt and change for the better. I like that they're planning to simplify the rules and throw fewer flags.

lefty20
01-25-2018, 07:39 PM
Where are they going to find 320 professional footbal players without criminal records?

1# Tim Tebow... Yeah, no idea how they are gonna fill up the remaining 319 roster spots.

dfens
01-25-2018, 07:51 PM
I'm willing to give it a chance, tbh. The NFL is just getting shittier by the year. At very least, it should force the NFL to adapt and change for the better. I like that they're planning to simplify the rules and throw fewer flags.

merica tbh, they should just ban the ball alltogether and let these niggas fight like modern day gladiators tbh. 3 point per inflicted fatality, 1 point per inflicted injury ... would probably solve america's economic problem from revenue alone tbh. Trump could do half time speeches about democracy.

Mitch
01-25-2018, 08:41 PM
Old man Vince will fill it with tits and beer, people will probably watch tbh

InRareForm
01-25-2018, 11:16 PM
is he hate me coming out of retirement?

AlexJones
01-26-2018, 01:11 AM
They have to make an exception for Manziel to enter the league. Otherwise it's going to fail. People tune in to see stars and Johnny Football is one of them.

midnightpulp
01-26-2018, 01:13 AM
They have to make an exception for Manziel to enter the league. Otherwise it's going to fail. People tune in to see stars and Johnny Football is one of them.

Tebow, too. Manziel vs. Tebow in the XFL Bowl or whatever would pull huge numbers. Degenerate vs. Christian storyline and all that. When Tebow washes out of A ball next season, Vince needs to step up with an offer.

Avante
01-26-2018, 01:54 AM
Zero in on the HBCU athletes. Them and NAIA, D-2, D-3 players, like in the rasslin'....manufacture stars.

Stay away from the 300 pounders, have a faster more athletic game. Black dual threat QB's, cats who can go 50.

NO REPLAYS....NO CONCUSSION ANYTHING....HOLDING ALLOWED ON KICKS/PUNTS....NO FG's OR EXTRA POINTS KICKS.

Perfect time for this but will it work...................nope~~~~ People want to see the best players in the world, something only the NFL will have.

What the old AFL did was have rosters full of speedy black players, so the game was fast. Now add terrible defenses so we had high scoring exciting games. This caught on.

Pelicans78
01-26-2018, 02:06 AM
Major markets in order which dont have a NFL team:

Orlando
Sacramento
St. Louis
Raleigh-Durham
Portland
San Diego
Hartford
San Antonio
Columbus
Salt Lake City

daslicer
01-26-2018, 02:33 AM
Vince is trying to create the WFL by having the requirement of not having a criminal record to play in the league. For those who don't know the WFL stands for White Football League.

Arcadian
01-26-2018, 03:56 AM
Who will be the next Tommy Maddox?

(That guy actually had a good few years in the NFL :lol)

offset formation
01-26-2018, 04:21 AM
yea i'm going to pass on this right wing snowflake league.

they switched up the colors to red, white and blue. players with a criminal record are not allowed to join, everyone must stand for the national anthem, one owner(vince), you have to win to get paid lol. this league is going to be a big ass fail.

Exactly. I look forward to watching another failed venture into football by this moron.

lebomb
01-26-2018, 07:37 AM
Not interested in watching G-league football.

SupremeGuy
01-26-2018, 01:18 PM
Vince is trying to create the WFL by having the requirement of not having a criminal record to play in the league. For those who don't know the WFL stands for White Football League.Are you implying that only black people have criminal records?

Chucho
01-26-2018, 02:30 PM
Are you implying that only black people have criminal records?

He wouldn't be too far from right, tbh.

HarlemHeat37
01-26-2018, 03:28 PM
Great idea, tbh..simple catch rules, standing for the anthem, helmet to helmet permitted, no QB protection, minimal flags thrown, no concussion protocol, Trump appearances, country music performers at half time, American flags all over the field and stadiums, red-state teams, etc..

spurraider21
01-26-2018, 03:29 PM
Great idea, tbh..simple catch rules, standing for the anthem, helmet to helmet permitted, no QB protection, minimal flags thrown, no concussion protocol, Trump appearances, country music performers at half time, Confederate flags all over the field and stadiums, etc..
FIFY

Spurtacular
01-27-2018, 12:46 AM
They gonna bust players who don't stand for the national anthem?

Trainwreck2100
01-27-2018, 01:12 AM
Who will be the next Tommy Maddox?

(That guy actually had a good few years in the NFL :lol)

That's Super Bowl Champion Tommy Maddox to you sir

Seventyniner
01-27-2018, 01:32 AM
Great idea, tbh..simple catch rules, standing for the anthem, helmet to helmet permitted, no QB protection, minimal flags thrown, no concussion protocol, Trump appearances, country music performers at half time, American flags all over the field and stadiums, red-state teams, etc..

You forgot flyovers and military appreciation day EVERY DAMN GAME.

Arcadian
01-27-2018, 04:30 AM
That's Super Bowl Champion Tommy Maddox to you sir

I know! Steeler fan here :lol

He was an upgrade over Kordell Stewart :lol

ambchang
01-27-2018, 11:19 AM
Do they hand out free torches to the all white audience?

AlexJones
01-27-2018, 12:15 PM
"The NFL is declining because of the Pats dominance"

Where is the college football decline with Alabama winning everything? NBA w/GSW? Dynasties don't hurt sports, never have never will.

Clipper Nation
01-27-2018, 01:38 PM
"The NFL is declining because of the Pats dominance"

Where is the college football decline with Alabama winning everything? NBA w/GSW? Dynasties don't hurt sports, never have never will.
College football is different because rivalry games and conference championships are more meaningful than the NFL and then there's bowl season. In the NFL, it's Super Bowl or bust. In college, there's plenty of opportunities for fans to be satisfied with their team's season even if they don't win the national championship. So dynasties probably shouldn't hurt the ratings for college as much as the pros.

Even then, I'd say the Patriots are a special case. They're boring and unlikeable, and the AFC in general has been boring as hell since 2003. The NFL is in the entertainment business and their product is arguably the least entertaining it's ever been - and the Patriots have a lot to do with that.

midnightpulp
01-27-2018, 01:56 PM
College football is different because rivalry games and conference championships are more meaningful than the NFL and then there's bowl season. In the NFL, it's Super Bowl or bust. In college, there's plenty of opportunities for fans to be satisfied with their team's season even if they don't win the national championship. So dynasties probably shouldn't hurt the ratings for college as much as the pros.

Even then, I'd say the Patriots are a special case. They're boring and unlikeable, and the AFC in general has been boring as hell since 2003. The NFL is in the entertainment business and their product is arguably the least entertaining it's ever been - and the Patriots have a lot to do with that.

Indeed. My primary issues are the excessive commercials and the massively inconsistent penalty calling. Further affecting the issue in this regard is that you basically have to hold your breath during big plays because you're unsure whether or not it's getting called back (or if a nice defensive play by a DB will be called PI). It turns what should be an exciting play into an anti-climatic event. College seems to flow better. I also hate when crucial moments in a game are affected by bullshit like roughing the kicker and passer penalties for millisecond "late hits" and ticky-tack pass interference calls.

djohn2oo8
01-27-2018, 02:04 PM
NFL viewership will decline due to Roger pussifying the league.

djohn2oo8
01-27-2018, 02:06 PM
At the same time, the XFL will be as big a fail as the first time.

TheCultOfPersonality
02-05-2018, 07:03 PM
XFL throwing shade at the NFL.

https://mobile.twitter.com/xfl2020/status/960270830876884993

https://mobile.twitter.com/xfl2020/status/960271641866620929

https://mobile.twitter.com/xfl2020/status/960272083912708098

If the XFL is gonna go after the NFL on the catch rules they need to use a better example because their example is a catch in the NFL.