PDA

View Full Version : Blow it up over the summer

Amuseddaysleeper
01-26-2018, 10:13 PM
New Kawhi and LMA but everyone else needs to be gone ASAP. Too old, too slow and the outside shooting might be the worst in the entire league.

Kawhi may never get healthy this year and yes, this team will lose to Minny or Okc in the first round.

Budkin
01-26-2018, 10:16 PM
Let's do it.

tholdren
01-26-2018, 10:18 PM
Wait, you mean murray isnt a talent?

sananspursfan21
01-26-2018, 10:19 PM
31 points in the first half :lol

lilbthebasedgod
01-26-2018, 10:21 PM
Blow it up now

Thomas82
01-26-2018, 10:43 PM
You'd have to throw in popovich and/or Buford. One of these two signed Joffrey Laveurge to the roster. Easily the biggest Trainwreck I've had the misery to watch in silver and black.

Larry Brown's first season coaching the team was a real trainwreck, but at least we knew we would have David Robinson to look forward to the next year. There's a lot of uncertainty with this team.

Spurtacular
01-26-2018, 11:04 PM
Not even sure this qualifies as a cliff jumper thread, tbh.

ECOV
01-26-2018, 11:19 PM
why do people take loses like there getting fucked with no oxygen

illusioNtEk
rather then blow it up, we can reload instead

TheGreatYacht
Everyone join me tonight as we "think and pray", that our GM RC Drunkford, gives the very very very verrrrrry replaceable Danny G-League and Vending Machine Head the Boban treatment in the offseason.

marinoman
01-26-2018, 11:26 PM
Patty + Murray + green + kyle and 1st for kemba +batum
i don’t even really want batum but yah know his shit contract will prolly be involved in any trade

kawhi Aldridge kemba and gay, I like our chances

TimDunkem
01-26-2018, 11:26 PM
Fathead is gone, but I'd bet that Danny gets a nice 3 year contract after this season.

Don't worry, guys, we'll recapture that 2014 magic eventually!

SAGirl
01-26-2018, 11:27 PM
True. I hate losing but got to have some perspective...

Dancelot
01-26-2018, 11:33 PM
I just look at it as every loss is closer to a higher draft pick.

BackHome
01-26-2018, 11:44 PM
I hate this team no chemistry need new SG and Center and maybe PG if Murray does t work out.

LittleCriminal
01-26-2018, 11:49 PM
Fathead is gone, but I'd bet that Danny gets a nice 3 year contract after this season.

Don't worry, guys, we'll recapture that 2014 magic eventually!

:bobo

Amuseddaysleeper
01-27-2018, 01:07 AM
True. I hate losing but got to have some perspective...

This team isn't going to get healthy, the core is very flawed and old.

SAGirl
01-27-2018, 01:23 AM
This team isn't going to get healthy, the core is very flawed and old.
There's a lot to complain about but it starts with Kiwi missing almost the entire season tbh...

Seventyniner
01-27-2018, 01:29 AM

:lol

MaNu4Tres
01-27-2018, 02:24 AM
Need to play the Cavs D or Memphis G League team asap.

Too many below avg offensive players. Way too many. And some can't play good D either, but get benefit of doubt because experience.

Ice009
01-27-2018, 02:43 AM
Can the Spurs cut Brandon Paul and get someone from the G-League that can create his own offense? Is there any good players in the G-League that might be better for the Spurs than Paul?

SAGirl
01-27-2018, 02:51 AM
This is one of those whiny troll threads but it got me thinking that between the deals they gave out and the age of their entrenched players a long with their diminished production, to really blow this up, you have to trade Kawhi for assets, do a fire sale on everyone else for whatever you can get and tank, go through the entire "process." So you see, there’s no blowing this up.

I think the Spurs were as close to blowing things up per Aldridge's request this summer but wanted to continue to contend and not tank therefore they balked when they couldn't get value for Lamarcus. Now they are pretty stuck. There's no blowing this up without Really Blowing it Up.

r0drig0lac
01-27-2018, 07:44 AM
Mills, Gasol, Forbes, BP3 and Lauvergne should not be players of an "elite team" in 2018

r0drig0lac
01-27-2018, 07:46 AM
Can the Spurs cut Brandon Paul and get someone from the G-League that can create his own offense? Is there any good players in the G-League that might be better for the Spurs than Paul?

Pop could ask for lessons from Pat Riley Sam Presti or even Doc RIvers on how to get real basketball players in the G-League

daledondale
01-27-2018, 07:52 AM
We're in a dark situation. The only choice is to give minutes to young players, and pray for they convert in solid rotation players. We aren't going to win this year anyway. And we must pray for a healthy Leonard too.

Amuseddaysleeper
01-27-2018, 11:10 AM
This is one of those whiny troll threads but it got me thinking that between the deals they gave out and the age of their entrenched players a long with their diminished production, to really blow this up, you have to trade Kawhi for assets, do a fire sale on everyone else for whatever you can get and tank, go through the entire "process." So you see, there’s no blowing this up.

I think the Spurs were as close to blowing things up per Aldridge's request this summer but wanted to continue to contend and not tank therefore they balked when they couldn't get value for Lamarcus. Now they are pretty stuck. There's no blowing this up without Really Blowing it Up.

So it’s not a whiny troll thread if you agree

sasaint
01-27-2018, 11:21 AM
If the team continues to play as it has been playing recently, and Kawhi is seriously disgruntled, then
PATFO may be what gets blown up.

TD 21
01-27-2018, 06:39 PM
Patty + Murray + green + kyle and 1st for kemba +batum
i don’t even really want batum but yah know his shit contract will prolly be involved in any trade

kawhi Aldridge kemba and gay, I like our chances

Spurs wouldn't have to add a 1st if they took the Batum albatross. His shot hasn't been the same since his wrist injury a few years ago and in general he's inexplicably fallen off the face of the earth, like how Green's 3-point shooting did the past 2+ seasons. This is probably the most likely place to ramp up his give a shit meter, but to what extent?

Enough to pay a core 4 of Leonard, Aldridge, Walker and him, something like $110M in '19-'20 and '20-'21? Even if they talk him into opting out of his final season and reimburse him over multi years, they'd still cost close to $100M. If your core is that expensive, the star power better be overwhelming and they wouldn't be.

Instead: Walker, Williams for Mills, Gay, Murray, 1st.

Raven
01-27-2018, 06:55 PM
pass.

sasaint
01-27-2018, 07:03 PM
Spurs wouldn't have to add a 1st if they took the Batum albatross. His shot hasn't been the same since his wrist injury a few years ago and in general he's inexplicably fallen off the face of the earth, like how Green's 3-point shooting did the past 2+ seasons. This is probably the most likely place to ramp up his give a shit meter, but to what extent?

Enough to pay a core 4 of Leonard, Aldridge, Walker and him, something like $110M in '19-'20 and '20-'21? Even if they talk him into opting out of his final season and reimburse him over multi years, they'd still cost close to $100M. If your core is that expensive, the star power better be overwhelming and they wouldn't be.

Instead: Walker, Williams for Mills, Gay, Murray, 1st.

If we could pull that off, it would be incredible!

davi78239
01-27-2018, 07:52 PM
Keep kiwi and Aldridge. Everyone else is on the block, expendable

sasaint
01-27-2018, 07:57 PM
Keep kiwi and Aldridge. Everyone else is on the block, expendable

Next summer? Nah, move LMA if you get a good return after his All-Star season.

Stabula
01-28-2018, 03:32 PM
Grown men getting so emotional after a bad regular season game in January with key players injured :lol . I'd hate to be in a fox hole with some of these people.

UZER
01-28-2018, 03:44 PM
That racist Pop needs to retire.

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-28-2018, 04:04 PM
The Spurs were probably the second best team in the league last year. Injuries have not allowed anyone to judge this year's team. I think they could strengthen several pieces, for sure, but blowing the whole thing up? Not necessary.

Spurs da champs
01-28-2018, 04:13 PM
Anderson is one of the most frustrating players ever, dude can be so impactful and I think he can score quite well when he wants too. Dude is just so passive far too much and honestly stats don't lie most of the time.

Spurs da champs
01-28-2018, 04:14 PM
Still sucks that we really haven't seen Kawhi, Gay, & Aldridge play together.

DPG21920
01-28-2018, 04:23 PM
Anderson is one of the most frustrating players ever, dude can be so impactful and I think he can score quite well when he wants too. Dude is just so passive far too much and honestly stats don't lie most of the time.

I dont see how SA fans can be frustrated with Kyle? I mean, he’s had a great season all things considered. He’s not a scorer but he’s been damn good overall. Like Boris you probably wish he would be a bit more aggressive with shooting but he’s not a scorer first.

Spurs da champs
01-28-2018, 04:28 PM
I dont see how SA fans can be frustrated with Kyle? I mean, he’s had a great season all things considered. He’s not a scorer but he’s been damn good overall. Like Boris you probably wish he would be a bit more aggressive with shooting but he’s not a scorer first.
With the offense as bad as it now, he needs to consistently look for his shot and create. He's one of the few who can ATM.

TheGreatYacht
01-28-2018, 05:02 PM
Is it really surprising that the team has a below average ranked offense? I mean.... Anderson, Green, and Murray are starting :lol The worst offensive trio of any starting lineup, and it's not close....

dabom
01-28-2018, 05:04 PM
Is it really surprising that the team has a below average ranked offense? I mean.... Anderson, Green, and Murray are starting :lol The worst offensive trio of any starting lineup, and it's not close....

Could be worse. We had porker at the helm. :lmao

DPG21920
01-28-2018, 05:07 PM
Could be worse. We had porker at the helm. :lmao

Murray has been appreciably worse on offense than TP.

dabom
01-28-2018, 05:12 PM
Murray has been appreciably worse on offense than TP.

Yeah but Murray will get better. :lol

And lets not act like Murray defense doesn't matter.

DPG21920
01-28-2018, 05:24 PM

No one said defense didn’t matter. It was an offensive conversation though.

duncan2k5
01-28-2018, 06:03 PM

DPG21920
01-28-2018, 07:37 PM

DPG21920
01-29-2018, 10:27 PM
:lmao Minny losing to Atlanta fully healthy

“But but but Minny is so good!” “Why is SA losing to a team like ATL”

gambit1990
02-02-2018, 12:15 PM
not knowing when kawhi will return sucks.

not against blowing it up now... i'd hold on to kawhi... everyone else can be had.

SAGirl
02-02-2018, 12:17 PM
not knowing when kawhi will return sucks.

not against blowing it up now... i'd hold on to kawhi... everyone else can be had.
Any real blow it up has to start with the entrenched culture guys tbh. What point is blow it up to get rid of players who are producing for basically pennies on the dollar to hold on to the past, which you know will come back bc no one wants to trade for them and they want to come back.

only blow it up I could see happening is a blow it up for Lebron or something of that nature.

LittleCriminal
02-02-2018, 12:39 PM
So it’s not a whiny troll thread if you agree

or the poster is a whiney troll who is oblivious to being a troll as well..

gambit1990
02-04-2018, 02:48 PM
whatever it takes to put this team in a good position for next season.

spurs aren't beating the warriors or rockets even with kawhi. this roster is just ...

dbreiden83080
02-04-2018, 02:54 PM
Maybe just maybe Leonard comes back down the stretch run and is actually the Leonard of last year.. If not hope he can do it next year and re-load..

objective
02-04-2018, 04:24 PM
They can't 'blow it up' or 'reload' this summer barring a miracle that would be outside their control.

They have to do what badly managed teams are forced into doing: waiting until the shit contracts are over.

But doing that means they won't have the talent to contend. When the contracts are over, so is the best years of LMA, so is the inexpensiveness of a Murray deal, so is the non-super max years of Kawhi, so is every advantage they would have had.

They are trapped, their window is over.

Atl Spur
02-04-2018, 04:52 PM
Grown men getting so emotional after a bad regular season game in January with key players injured :lol . I'd hate to be in a fox hole with some of these people.

#metoo.

Atl Spur
02-04-2018, 04:54 PM
They can't 'blow it up' or 'reload' this summer barring a miracle that would be outside their control.

They have to do what badly managed teams are forced into doing: waiting until the shit contracts are over.

But doing that means they won't have the talent to contend. When the contracts are over, so is the best years of LMA, so is the inexpensiveness of a Murray deal, so is the non-super max years of Kawhi, so is every advantage they would have had.

They are trapped, their window is over.

We shall see......... every move they make is calculated.

gambit1990
02-24-2018, 03:53 PM
:deadhorse

spurs on a four game losing streak since the trade deadline. 3-7 the last ten games.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o7TKxD6awoTUJJ17y/giphy.gif

tholdren
02-24-2018, 03:54 PM

Bwahahaha hes too dumb