PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Boogie Gets Injured

Darth_Pelican
01-26-2018, 11:07 PM
Of course we beat the Rockets tonight, are 7-1 in our last 8, and look like the 3rd best team in the Western Conference, & then Cousins gets an achilles injury. This team is cursed.

Clipper Nation
01-26-2018, 11:28 PM

Mitch
01-26-2018, 11:33 PM
That can be a career destroyer if it's bad, tbh.

Pelicans78
01-26-2018, 11:37 PM
This game was already BS with the amount of FTs the Rockets were getting and then this shit. It's whatever at this point.

Darth_Pelican
01-26-2018, 11:53 PM
This game was already BS with the amount of FTs the Rockets were getting and then this shit. It's whatever at this point.

Just a huge blow for a small market team. It’s hard for Spurs fans to understand, because they are the exception; not the rule. The Pels had a chance to win a series this season & put a scare into a team in the 2nd round. That kind of success could have drawn a big name to come play with AD & Cousins next year. It’s a trickle down effect. Pels are 1 & done now, Cousins won’t re-sign, AD will eventually want out due to lack of team success, and the team will have to start from scratch. The margin of error for a franchise that will always be 2nd fiddle to the city’s NFL team is tiny. This was their chance. It’s gone now.

Big Dog
01-27-2018, 12:00 AM
Just a huge blow for a small market team. It’s hard for Spurs fans to understand, because they are the exception; not the rule. The Pels had a chance to win a series this season & put a scare into a team in the 2nd round. That kind of success could have drawn a big name to come play with AD & Cousins next year. It’s a trickle down effect. Pels are 1 & done now, Cousins won’t re-sign, AD will eventually want out due to lack of team success, and the team will have to start from scratch. The margin of error for a franchise that will always be 2nd fiddle to the city’s NFL team is tiny. This was their chance. It’s gone now.

:lol Your fat cirrhotic retarded ass whining with all them tears
:lol Pelicans
:lol BRHornet
:lol New Orleans
:lol Ugly swamp of a waste that should have been swept away with Katrina
:lol Couldn't have happened to a more deserving team

LkrFan
01-27-2018, 12:01 AM
Horrible for the Pels, but http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yaqdxvmp

:lol

Clipper Nation
01-27-2018, 12:03 AM
Horrible for the Pels, but http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yaqdxvmp

:lol
The Achilles didn't work out so well for the Lakers last time, but now you're trying to sign up for Round 2?

LkrFan
01-27-2018, 12:05 AM
The Achilles didn't work out so well for the Lakers last time, but now you're trying to sign up for Round 2?

:(

Robz4000
01-27-2018, 01:29 AM

Spurs aren't exempt from it anymore. They were blessed with Tim for 19 years, but now they're on the verge of descending into the abyss as well. The NBA, despite the great ratings now, is close to imploding as well with all these super teams forming.

whitemamba
01-27-2018, 01:39 AM
Awful news, prayers up for boogie.

Spurtacular
01-27-2018, 02:05 AM
Damn, now the man-lesbian towers apologists gonna have an excuse.

daslicer
01-27-2018, 02:17 AM

Spurs are not immune to anything now that Kawhi is acting crazy.

Thebesteva
01-27-2018, 02:27 AM
Of course we beat the Rockets tonight, are 7-1 in our last 8, and look like the 3rd best team in the Western Conference, & then Cousins gets an achilles injury. This team is cursed.

Sucks man...injuries are the make or break of the championship formula

Spurtacular
01-27-2018, 02:50 AM
We know who the Warriors are facing in the first round now.

Arcadian
01-27-2018, 04:38 AM
Such a shame - if he had made that free throw, this never would've happened. And up 4, he really didn't need to go for it...but can't fault him for hustling.

AlexJones
01-27-2018, 05:13 AM
Best player on the Pelicans done for the year

Ice009
01-27-2018, 06:43 AM

That truly does suck. I posted in the Spurs forum yesterday/last night that I thought the Pelicans front court would absolutely wreck the Spurs in the playoffs and could upset not just the Spurs (even if fully healthy), but also other teams too. Five minutes later I read in another thread that Cousins got that horrific injury. Wow. That is terrible news.

Was Cousins talking about coming back next season? Was there any kind of commitment from him? If he was planning on leaving, you think Davis will want out?

InRareForm
01-27-2018, 10:31 AM
sad

Killakobe81
01-27-2018, 11:01 AM
yes very sad and it sux for him to happen before he was extended by Nola or signed elsewhere.
I was on record saying i didnt want him for Lakers but he was starting to change my mind ...(only LeBron is a sure yes to me but highly doubtful he comes...)
i say this injury makes anyone even nola crazy to sign him to a max deal ...unless somehow, its to convince Davis to stay...
cousins already cant defend pnr on the perimeter (great at taking a charge tho) or rim protect ...my guess he eill be even worse at it now ...
and on offense though he doesnt play explosively his agility
at his size is what made him special and it will suffer...
i feel for him and Nola fans ...

Raven
01-27-2018, 11:15 AM
they are not getting in the play offs.

Leetonidas
01-27-2018, 11:17 AM
If only it was Durant

Pelicans78
01-27-2018, 11:41 AM
yes very sad and it sux for him to happen before he was extended by Nola or signed elsewhere.
I was on record saying i didnt want him for Lakers but he was starting to change my mind ...(only LeBron is a sure yes to me but highly doubtful he comes...)
i say this injury makes anyone even nola crazy to sign him to a max deal ...unless somehow, its to convince Davis to stay...
cousins already cant defend pnr on the perimeter (great at taking a charge tho) or rim protect ...my guess he eill be even worse at it now ...
and on offense though he doesnt play explosively his agility
at his size is what made him special and it will suffer...
i feel for him and Nola fans ...

Cousins has been very good defensively this season. He's easily the Pels best defender protecting the rim, blocking shots, and rebounding. His value offensively takes a hit because he settles for too many threes and turns the ball over too much. His loss will kill the Pels defensively which is already bad. The Pels offense won't suffer as much because AD and Jrue are much more efficient offensively than Boogie.

Ice009
01-27-2018, 11:56 AM
I heard people say he was the Pelicans best player this season? I haven't watched any of their games, but I would have thought that would still be Davis. Now that you mention he was playing well on defense, I can see why people said he was your best overall player. Not sure if you agree with that, though?

Pelicans78
01-27-2018, 12:03 PM
I heard people say he was the Pelicans best player this season? I haven't watched any of their games, but I would have thought that would still be Davis. Now that you mention he was playing well on defense, I can see why people said he was your best overall player. Not sure if you agree with that, though?

Davis is easily the Pels best player. Cousins has been better defensively but Davis has been clearly much better offensively since he doesn't turn the ball over nearly as much and shoots at a much higher percentage. It's laughable to see anyone think Cousins is better. Cousins is too careless on offense. Settles for way too many perimeter shots and routinely has games of 5+ turnovers. You won't see those things from Davis who's a true franchise player. Only an AlexJones would think Cousins especially when he recently started a thread asking if Davis was on the decline

Darth_Pelican
01-27-2018, 12:58 PM
:lol Your fat cirrhotic retarded ass whining with all them tears
:lol Pelicans
:lol BRHornet
:lol New Orleans
:lol Ugly swamp of a waste that should have been swept away with Katrina
:lol Couldn't have happened to a more deserving team

Welcome back. Glad to hear the meth overdose rumors were untrue.

Darth_Pelican
01-27-2018, 01:06 PM
That truly does suck. I posted in the Spurs forum yesterday/last night that I thought the Pelicans front court would absolutely wreck the Spurs in the playoffs and could upset not just the Spurs (even if fully healthy), but also other teams too. Five minutes later I read in another thread that Cousins got that horrific injury. Wow. That is terrible news.

Was Cousins talking about coming back next season? Was there any kind of commitment from him? If he was planning on leaving, you think Davis will want out?

Cousins was set to taste his first playoff game of his career this season. I think he was going to sign a long term deal here. AD will eventually want out if there’s no playoff success. Getting swept by the Warriors this season looks like a good bet now that Cousins is done.

DMC
01-27-2018, 01:14 PM
That means they won't be sneaking.

Arcadian
01-27-2018, 02:26 PM
I wonder who replaces him on the all-star team.

hater
01-27-2018, 06:30 PM
Tim Duncan is the only difference between Spurs and any other small markt team

Spurtacular
01-27-2018, 07:15 PM
I wonder who replaces him on the all-star team.

Manu deserves the nod for all the times he was snubbed (and he would've been voted in if the NBA still gave two f*cks about what the fans want).

lefty
01-27-2018, 08:07 PM
Paul George

01-27-2018, 09:02 PM
Tim Duncan is the only difference between Spurs and any other small markt team
B-b-but PATF:cry

Chillen
01-27-2018, 10:08 PM
I get it he likes to play hard and with heart, but this injury could have been avoided if he would have just stayed at the free throw line instead of charging in trying to get the steal. The way he landed was bad and tore his Achilles. It sucks for the Pelicans but it could have been avoided if he would have not contested the rebound on his miss. Freak injury. Anyway get better Boogie. Maybe it's time the Pelicans should just blow it up and trade Anthony Davis and rebuild.

Stabula
01-28-2018, 03:36 PM
Sad to see this happen I respect the big man game and I always cheer for NOLA teams.

Clipper Nation
01-28-2018, 06:47 PM
Not a good start to the post-Boogie era. The Pelicans blew a 21-point lead to the Clippers at home and were thisclose to losing by double digits. It's only one game, but it's not looking good for their playoff hopes without Cousins.

Killakobe81
01-29-2018, 12:22 AM
Not a good start to the post-Boogie era. The Pelicans blew a 21-point lead to the Clippers at home and were thisclose to losing by double digits. It's only one game, but it's not looking good for their playoff hopes without Cousins.

at best they hold on to 8th seed ...davis will miss a few games and they will lose everyone of those they will beat a few scrubs and a few they shouldnt cuz Davis is that nice ...but they are one and done if they make it which is uncessary wear and tear on Davis to carry them in just to lose 4-0
if they have their own pick just missing playoffs would be ideal

Darth_Pelican
05-16-2018, 01:32 PM
So apparently Cousins unfollowed the Pelicans on Instagram and started following the Lakers today.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DdSQWaJV0AA11W4.jpg:large