PDA

View Full Version : PS4 NBA Live 17 v NBA2K 17

Russo21
01-27-2018, 02:31 AM
New to the gaming world after a 10 year absence and was wondering what you guys think about Live 18 v 2K18. Not looking for anything too complicated, Just looking for playability, graphics, game play and enjoyment factor.

Also My career vs The One?

Lastly I'm not looking to spend extra currency so if one of these games is too money hungry and pay to win let me know. Left me know what you guys think :toast

TheRemix
01-27-2018, 03:27 AM
My career is definitely pay to win. The game forces you to drop money in order to enjoy it. I'd still say go with 2k18 I haven't played live but 2k18 is the better game by far

Arcadian
01-27-2018, 04:45 AM
2K is still king. 18 is the best one since 12.

ElNono
01-27-2018, 06:41 AM
lol live

Russo21
01-27-2018, 08:25 AM
lol live

Care to elaborate?

jermaine
01-27-2018, 09:07 AM
I play nba2k 18 an it's fun as long as you don't take it serious. If you only play online play now mode, you'll only play teams of the same tier(which sucks). 2k don't want Tier 5 beating tier 3, they'll, have to double or triple your coins. So you'll be playing GS, Cavs, or Houston more than likely. But right now the Spurs are a tier 4 so you'll play more teams now. An myplayer, that shit sucks. Spending real money to play with ballhogs...

8FOR!3
01-27-2018, 10:28 AM
MyLeague simming is kinda ass in 2K. The Spurs are always bad, anybody over the age of 30 starts sucking in the offseason. Danny Green is unplayable year 2 he sucks. Kawhi never gets better and typically starts to get worse almost immediately. Might have 2 or 3 great seasons but then he will tear an ACL or something and fall off a cliff. Aldridge also regresses pretty quickly but at least he’s got decent trade value. Good luck simming with the Spurs though there’s a bigger chance OKC/Minnesota/Philly/Toronto won a title than them in 2K

also DG and Bertans have the same signature shot lol so I guess their shot looks the same? Smh

but when you’re just playing with your friends, it’s still 2K to me. A bunch of dumb shit will happen during the game inevitably, but it’s just smoother than live imo

sananspursfan21
01-27-2018, 10:39 AM
MyLeague simming is kinda ass in 2K. The Spurs are always bad, anybody over the age of 30 starts sucking in the offseason. Danny Green is unplayable year 2 he sucks. Kawhi never gets better and typically starts to get worse almost immediately. Might have 2 or 3 great seasons but then he will tear an ACL or something and fall off a cliff. Aldridge also regresses pretty quickly but at least he’s got decent trade value. Good luck simming with the Spurs though there’s a bigger chance OKC/Minnesota/Philly/Toronto won a title than them in 2K

also DG and Bertans have the same signature shot lol so I guess their shot looks the same? Smh

but when you’re just playing with your friends, it’s still 2K to me. A bunch of dumb shit will happen during the game inevitably, but it’s just smoother than live imo

Just like all the 2K games :rolleyes

jermaine
01-27-2018, 11:30 AM
Dudes don't have pride anymore. They just love playing offball defense!!! Niggas is trash! I remember playing dudes from Spurstalk. I was really fun. We had like a tournament or something.

ElNono
01-27-2018, 03:33 PM
Care to elaborate?

Live has been trying to catch up to 2K for the past 5 years or so, to the point they didn't even release it for a few years, IIRC.

That said, I didn't enjoy 2K18 as much as 2K17...

Poolboy5623
01-27-2018, 03:50 PM
I don’t think anyone plays Live?

Spurtacular
01-27-2018, 06:24 PM
Watching this guy take on Ganon live for the fun of it. Random tangent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xuEIasaiJY